GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


501 to 550 of 874 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram doubles over, his armor feeling increasingly heavy.

"Resting might be a good idea right about now..."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Also, you do have one scroll of Lesser Restoration on hand

The key is not magical, and the dagger bears a simple enchantment. +1 Dagger

Resting seems like a good idea, and nothing will attack you guys tonight. So go ahead and take a night's rest. Make sure to post if you're changing prepared spells or the like. I'm assuming you'll be taking the key to the remaining locked door, but if you have a different plan please chime in. I'll post that later tomorrow, or after everyone has chimed in, whichever happens first.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

GM Cwethan, would you allow us to use the Long-Term Care option for the Heal skill to counteract some of the Str damage? One scroll of Lesser Restoration dosen't stretch far when both Erhun and Aviram have taken 5 points of Str damage... Ilyaleh is the best candidate for the main carer, and perhaps Caelhal can aid her.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Stupid shadows. The first time I ran through this it killed out kitsune rogue.

There are ways that we can restore the strength of those hit by the shadow, however, by myself that is beyond my powers and faith but I believe that we have a scroll that could help


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Works for me Aviram, that looks like with 8 hours you should get 2 points back which would bring one of you to only a -1 to attack and damage, hopefully with Caelhal's scroll clearing out the other.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

First, I'd like to cringe on behalf of my kitsune rogue. And also, ooooh, I get to help? :D Oh, and I finally get to use that healer's kit!
Heal (Erhun): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Heal (Aviram): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

"Give me some time and let me try to tend them first," Ilyaleh interjects at Ara's (literal) prodding. "I have a kit that might be of some use here."

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani isn't particularly skilled in caring for the wounded but she does her best tending to Erhun.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 16

How about that! heh. I'm good with resting and then going to the locked door.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Ilyaleh and Krstani are able to tend to Erhun and Aviram, and help them regain some of their strength.

Pressing on further into the dungeon is made simpler now that the heroes have the key to unlock the last door leading out of the Key Pool room.

Just inside the door is a small dusty room with a small stone bench. On the far wall is a faded mural depicting the hero Kassen defeating mercenaries at the entrance to this crypt, with his blade piercing the chest of the mercenary leader. These figures stand alone in the center of a scene of carnage, with dead villagers and mercenaries all around them.

Perception DC 15:
Both Kassen and the mercenary leader are wearing golden necklaces in the mural. Each necklace is made up of a simple golden chain, from which hangs an oddly shaped medallion. While not identical, the amulets do look similar.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Erhun gives a quick look at the mural, and doesn't bother much with the art

Let's go to the next room, and see what happens, if everyone is ready.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"I wonder if those necklaces are relevant..?"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf will cast detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"The medallions are... interesting." Ilyaleh tries to get a better look at the mural, casting her own spell of detect magic to see what she could find.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Huh? What necklaces?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

There are no magical auras in the side room. So continuing down the hall.

The door opens into a large domed chamber with a single pillar in the center. The pillar is surrounded by a pit, though a stone bridge crosses the pit on the southern side. Dozens of arrows just from holes in the pillar, facing every direction.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"This must be the rain of arrows we've heard about. Using the tower shields could prevent us from becoming pincushions."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf nods.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh shivers at the thought of her little friend getting turned into a pincushion and cringes. "We should definitely use some sort of protection," she says - "I'd rather not find that a minimum of effort resulted in all of us being turned into porcupines."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Since there's a slim possibility there might be some kind of arrow trap here :p I will not be assuming any movement into the room unless it is stated.

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"Look around for a trigger mechanism. Maybe I could set it off from a safe distance using my mage hand."

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun takes one of the big shield, and waits until Aviram is ready with the other shield

Stay behind us.We'll protect you, hopefully.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram dons the shield and steels himself for what's to come.

"Let's do this."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

So pressing onward? And not that it would matter for any nefarious reason, but who's going first?

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Are we sure, if there is a trap, that it does not reload itself once sprung? he asks.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"There's only one way to find out."

Aviram leads the way and tries to block as much of the room as possible, as to allow the others the pass behind him.

I'm proficient with tower shields, if it makes a difference.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It will actually.

As Aviram walks into the room you can all hear a dull click. The pillar begins to rotate, though the arrows haven't started to fire yet. But behind Aviram the door attempts to close itself!

Both Aviram and Erhun may make a melee attack roll to catch the door before it secures itself, which will be affected by the ACP of a Tower Shield if nonproficient.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh looks on in surprise, not quite able to react to the door! Oh, no!

Based off her positioning in the map, anyways? :D

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Melee attack, not proficient: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 1 - 4 = 6

The big shield is more a nuisance than an help, and Erhun doesn't move quivckly enough to stop the door

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Assuming the standard tower shield penalty applies as well:
Attack, Str damage, tower shield: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 1 - 2 = 9

Realizing his current predicament, Aviram tries to hide behind his shield. (If he has actions to do so)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The door slams shut behind Aviram and the column begins to fire arrows in all directions. From behind his mighty bulwark, Aviram can see that the heads of the arrows that fly past him have been blunted, but the force that they strike his shield with shows that they would still be very unpleasant if not lethal given enough time.

Happily, Aviram is kept safe by his tower shield for now, but the rain of arrows continues.

What do you do?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Can you try the door again?" Ilyaleh asks Erhun, very much concerned.

Is this a wooden door? If they can't get it open, she'll suggest setting it on fire.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Am I inside or outside? Outside if I believe the map, but want to be sure

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

From the safety of his improvised barrier, Aviram tries to contact the others by shouting at the door.

"I'm safe for now! What's the plan!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Kneel behind your shield! You'll be protected!

shouts back Erhun

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Perhaps the rain of arrows will run out?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

We can hope so...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

After about a minute the rain of arrows subsides. Peering out from behind his shield, Aviram can see that the pillar's arrow-slots now lie empty.

Assuming you continue into the only unexplored room, setting aside the tower shields for now...

The southern door opens onto another worthy example of a sculptor's craft. A continuous carving of mourners runs along the walls here leading to a staircase on the south side of the room.

Perception DC 10:
You can hear the sound of dripping water, and a low distant moaning echoing up the stairs

Perception DC 17:
You also hear the sound of something dripping... closer. Right around the corner!

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos looks around...perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Listen...do you hear that? Water drops...and a low moan or groan...from up the stairs...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The sound is coming up the stairs, so from downstairs

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

ahh...ok...misunderstood that....i failed my INT check....

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

I'm assuming we were able to regroup then?

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Perception (Ara): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Agitated, Ara's hackles rise and his paws dig into Ilyaleh's shoulders.

"Ara?" The small snarl in his throat suggests that she ought to be paying attention. "Guys, Ara's upset about something." Uneasy, she adjusts her grip on the fox.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yeah, the door wasn't locked from the side with everyone except Aviram.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Avarim raises his hand to signal the others to halt.

"There's something in here, dripping..."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Now that Ara and Aviram mention it, that dripping is very close, and those stains over towards the corner don't look like water...

Initiative:
Aviram: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Ilyaleh: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Miklos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Caelhal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Erhun: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Krstani: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Red Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Blue Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Bold may go
Red Skeleton - Delayed
Krstani
Blue Skeleton - (probably delayed)
Caelhal
Ilyaleh
Miklos
Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Erhun - 3 Str Damage

The skellies may hop in later, but for now they're waiting to see what you do

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"These stairs seem very narrow. Should we draw the skeletons in so we can face only one at a time?" Krstani is a little worried about moving out into the open between them.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

"The narrow stairs are almost as much of a hindrance to us as it is to them. Charge!"

Aviram burst into the room with, by now, usual swiftness and shield bashes on of the skeletons.

Swift action to active sudden speed, move 50 ft all the way around blue and then attack.

Attack v blue, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 1 = 5

I've adjusted my AC accordingly.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Be cautious, there might be more skeletons around!

Too late.

Erhun follows, more cautiously, his bec de corbin ready to strike


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Erhun and Aviram advance into their room, the skeletons lunge for the brave, but weakened, warriors, seemingly sourceless blood constantly trickling along their bony frames.

Claw at @Aviram: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw at @Aviram: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Claw at @Erhun: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Bold may go

Krstani - may go twice
Caelhal - may go twice
Ilyaleh - may go twice
Miklos - may go twice
Aviram - 3 Str Damage
Erhun - 3 Str Damage (AoO vs. Red, possibly 4 damage)

Skeletons

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram drops his longsword, draws his warhammer and strikes the skeleton in front of him.

Attack, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Apologies for the delay! @_@ And... Somewhat random question - does that 8 hour rest count as a 'night' or have we yet to sleep? I mean, I know my hexes are 24hrs, but I haven't actually sorted a good way to track that yet, orz, so I was wondering. @_@

Ilyaleh moves forward and attacks the skeleton Erhun has engaged, attempting to thwack it with her quarterstaff.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

----

She next attempts a full attack, trying to return the skeleton to a state of restful deadness.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 4 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

501 to 550 of 874 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.