GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


751 to 800 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Feel free to act Erhun, no immediate effects happen on a 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Unfortunately Caelhal's whip is unable to find its mark. Fortunately, he might have better luck in the near-term Since you had a move action remaining I put you in the only space I could find that would allow you to attack and not provoke, let me know if that's not acceptable.

Krstani's spray of acid, however, sears away at her target's flesh, creating an entirely new smell to add to the dreadful milieu.

Perhaps seeking some form of vengeance, one of the zombies steps forward through its comrade's corpse, and directs a hammerblow straight for Miklos!

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

However, the nimble swordsman ducks the clumsy strike, and adds to his tally by felling his assailant and once more showering himself and Erhun in the ensuing viscera.

Bold may go
Krstani
Caelhal - Fortunate
Miklos Fort Save required
Red Zombie -9
Aviram -9 (3 Str Damage)
Green Zombie
Erhun (3 Str Damage) definitely not riddled with zombie plague
Ilyaleh

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Erhun moves toward the zombie and strikes, but his failing health don't let him hit his target

Msw Bec de Corbin, Slashing red Zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

That would have been a miss anyways, but the shelves of bodies do block line of sight, Erhun. Miklos, you still have a turn in addition to the fort save, but since I'm guessing you won't be going after Red anyways...

Despite the terrible wound Aviram has inflicted, the corpse that assails him is unslowed, but now that he has its measure, he is able to safely keep it at bay with his shield.

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Bold may go
Krstani
Caelhal - Fortunate
Miklos
Red Zombie -9
Aviram -9 (3 Str Damage)
Green Zombie
Erhun (3 Str Damage) definitely not riddled with zombie plague
Ilyaleh

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos moves over to slash at the zombie Erhun engaged.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram takes another swing at the zombie in front of him.

Attack, Str damage: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 = 10
Damage, Str damage (slashing): 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6

"We need to cut them down, before they take one of us out!"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram manages to lever his attacker off of his mighty shield, but is unable to cut down the walking corpse.

Miklos steps up into the breach and hacks at the grasping zombie, his finesse temporarily turned to mere butchery, unfortunately as his blade catches in its ribs, the monster drives a ferociously strong blow into the nimble swordsman!

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Bold may go
Krstani
Caelhal - Fortunate
Miklos -9

Red Zombie -9
Aviram -9 (3 Str Damage)
Green Zombie -8
Erhun (3 Str Damage) definitely not riddled with zombie plague
Ilyaleh

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Blasted abominations! To the depths with you! Miklos curses as he grits through his teeth in pain. The gash on his shield arm gushed a bit if blood as he swung his blade, intent on putting the monster down for good.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani pelts red with acid as best she can manage.

ranged touch-cover-into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 15
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

crit confirm?: 1d20 + 3 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 - 4 = 13
extra damage?: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Erhun fails to destroy the undead, and growls in frustration

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh rounds the corner, following the others, and attempts to slash at the zombie (red) in front of her, hoping she manages to do something.

Magic Dagger friend?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The zombies come apart in a hail of stabs and acid. Caelhal, Aviram, Ilyaleh, & Miklos need to take Fort Saves.

Heal DC 10:
The zombies can't have been in here that long, they're probably only a couple of months old.

In the southeast corner of the room one of the recesses contains a pack sitting atop a large bloodstain.

The pack holds some rotten rations, a map, which details the surrounding area and points out the entrance to the crypt, a potion of cure moderate wounds, a pouch with 13 gp, and a small handbill (of a type typically found posted in taverns).
Although faded, the handbill clearly reads as a notice of employment, telling all those interested to meet at “The Ranger’s Lament.”

Knowledge (Local) DC 25:
The Ranger's Lament is a popular bar in Tamran, the capital of Nirmathas

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Ilyaleh makes a face as the zombie comes apart. Eyeing the pack, she points out, "They can't have been here long." Pawing through the pack, she asks, "Does anyone know anything about the Ranger's Lament?"

She offers the potion to whoever wants it - topping off is a good idea. She also offers use of Miklos's wand as necessary.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

know local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

After the battle, Aviram staggers over to Caelhal.

"Would you mind using my wand on me?"

CLW x3: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 3 = 9

He than takes a look at the the handbill.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"Never heard of it..."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

I know nothing of htis place, unfortunatly

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

fort 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

I dont think he needs to use the Fortunate hex but thanks

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"I'm sorry, that sounds like any other tavern in the Inner Sea to me."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

the Know Local is a little too high for me


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Continuing on to the south...

The door is unlocked, and opens easily. A shallow reflecting pool divides this long chamber, running from one end to the other. The water looks cloudy and stagnant. What must have once been marvelous murals covering both walls are now scorched and ruined, the original subject lost in the destruction.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Since no one takes the potion, Ilyaleh shrugs and holds onto it in case they need it later. As they advance, she blinks, surprised at the damage. "Goodness, what do you think happened here? What kind of fire also makes water cloudy? Could that be ash? A result of the smoke?"
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Perception (Ara): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Maybe some magical trick? An illusion, perhaps?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Let's see..." Ilyaleh agrees, then casts detect magic.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The elf will assist the witch casting the same spell


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Caelhal Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Ilyaleh: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Ara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Ilyaleh and Caelhal:
The murky pool shines with enchantment to your enhanced vision, showing a reflection much clearer than you might have guessed. But something is wrong. In the reflection of the pool your companions are the same, but your own skin is torn and decayed, hanging loosely from dead muscle and cloudy eyes. As you watch in horror your undead doppelganger turns with a hideous hunger to feast on your friends. You are both shaken

Ara leaps from Ilyaleh's shoulders darting past Miklos back into they crypt.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"Ahh!" Ilyaleh cried out and leapt back. As Ara fled, Ilyaleh turned to catch up to her, still freaking out.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram gives the terrified fox a confused look.

"What's that about? Does the water emanate foul odors?"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

It's terrible, Ilyeah, your so, so, ugly he says, shaken to his core.

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"What just happened? Where is Ara going? That's a dangerous place to venture alone!" Krstani follows after with Ilyaleh.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Following after the scampering fox, Ilyaleh and Krstani are able to corner the frightened familiar in a small room to the south of the crossroads that began this floor of the dungeon.

The small chamber is dominated by a silver fountain quietly burbling perfectly clear water. An inscription above the fountain reads, "Kassen's legacy lives on with his people. Drink and be refreshed."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Is that a kind of riddle? Another pool of magical water, this time beneficial?

Still worried and wounded, Erhun asks Ilyaleh

Is your fox fine now milady? What happened to him?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Ilyaleh:
Ara seems okay now, but was very frightened by what he saw in the earlier pool

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

"He seems to be alright now," Ilyaleh says, relieved as she kneels to pick him up, stroking his fur to help calm him. "That pool was frightening - there were terrible reflections in it."

She continues soothing her familiar as she casts detect magic again, apparently not having learned her lesson.

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani checks for magic as well, and if all appears safe, she will take a sip of this water.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Yes, that pool was indeed frightening, seeing you in that manner, Ilyaleh, wait... not much difference. he says with a smirk.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Now, now children... Miklos says with a grin. We should take more care...magical traps could be our downfall...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh rolls her eyes at Caelhal and scowls at him. "You didn't look any better!"

And perhaps more childishly, when Miklos teases them, she points at him and juts out her lower lip. "Tell that to him -- he started it!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

It's been an hard day so far... And we still havent found who animated the corpses, so the worst can be ahead. Lets check our tempers and cooperate


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Screen:
No knowledge (arcana)...

The fountain has a faint aura of magic, though neither Ilyaleh or Krstani or Caelhal if he tries are able to puzzle out what the aura might signify.

Grabbing a drink or returning to the other pool?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos cups his hands and takes a drink.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

A feeling of well being flows through Miklos, he feels refreshed and restored after the day's labors.

Anyone may take a drink to heal 2d8+10 wounds as well as the effects of a lesser restoration

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

LOL

He takes a drink.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Seeing the restorative powers of the fountain firsthand, Ilyaleh drinks of it too, letting its benefits wash over her.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Following the others, Erhun drinks too, and feels way better

=Healing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 8) + 10 = 21
Lesser restoration STR: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Thats refreshing...A welcomed boon, thank you Kassen!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Hurray for less Strength Damage!

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Seeing the waters' healing effect, Aviram takes a drink of it as well.

Lesser Restoration, Str: 1d4 ⇒ 2

"Well, the was invigorating! Now for the other, 'scary' water..."

He returns to the chamber that spooked the fox and takes a look at the water.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani feels refreshed by her sip, even with no need of healing.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ara tentatively laps at the water before returning to Ilyaleh's shoulders, still a bit jittery.
.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Aviram:
The murky pool shows a reflection much clearer than you might have guessed.
But something is wrong. In the reflection of the pool your companions are the same, but your own skin is torn and decayed, hanging loosely from dead muscle and cloudy eyes. As you watch in horror your undead doppelganger turns with a hideous hunger to feast on your friends. You are shaken

751 to 800 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.