GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps


651 to 700 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Krstani's acid spatters her chosen foe, but though its bones are now more brittle, the stolen hate that sustains it is not dispelled.

The skeletons all seem to move together in a horrid wave of bones as they crash against Aviram's bulwark, held off for the most part by his great armor, but the exception proves painful...

Skeletal Claws: 5d20 ⇒ (14, 9, 19, 4, 2) = 48
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Bold may go
Miklos
Krstani

Skeletons
Caelhal - May take a single Standard or Move action for his surprise round as well
Erhun - 3 Str Damage
Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos steps forward and slashes at the first skeleton. He then readies a defensive strike.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27riposte: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Aviram drops his trusty broomhandle, draws his sword and attacks the northernmost skeleton (green).

Attack, Str damage: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 1 = 13
Damage, Str damage: 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 1 = 8

"Skeletons again! Erhun! Get in here with that hammer of yours!"

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

The cleric moves into the room unfurling his whip as he does so.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh moves up, nervous, and slips into a crevice behind the others, touching Miklos to grant him guidance. "Why is it always skeletons?" she asks, her expression one of dismay.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Miklos and Aviram press the attack, but the scraps of armor clinging to the skeleton's frames are barely enough to stay their wrath.

Bold may go
Miklos - Guidance
Krstani
Skeletons
Caelhal
Erhun - 3 Str Damage
Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani splashes orange again, trying to thread her acid safely between her companions.

ranged touch-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 4 = 3
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Excuse me..

Erhun moves toward the skeletons, but his Attack is clumsy

MSw Bec de corbin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The skeletons surge forward against the heroes, lacking the mass to simply push Erhun or Aviram back, the wave of bony hate instead roils before the stalwart heroes, unable to pierce their armor.

@Aviram
Blue Skelly: 2d20 ⇒ (1, 8) = 9
Yellow Skelly: 2d20 ⇒ (16, 5) = 21

@Erhun
Purple Skelly: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 3) = 15
Green Skelly: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 12) = 24

Bold may go
Miklos - Guidance
Krstani

Skeletons
Caelhal
Erhun - 3 Str Damage
Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

I apparently have the memory of a goldfish, so...

Aviram drops his longsword into the murky yet shallow water, draws his warhammer and strikes at a skeleton again.

Attack v purple, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 1 = 20
Damage, Str damage: 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Seeing Krstani's idea with the acid, Ilyaleh draws a flask from her pouch and tosses it, trying to lob it at the skeleton (green) in the back (to keep from splashing her allies).
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Splash is 1 acid damage.
Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aviram's more suitable weapon makes quick work of his foe, while Ilyaleh's acid produces remarkably similar results to Krstani's experiment.

Bold may go
Miklos - Guidance
Krstani

Skeletons (Green -1, Orange -1)
Caelhal
Erhun - 3 Str Damage

Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Msw BdC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Erhun grimaces, as he proves himself totally inefficient again

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos swings at the outermost skelton(green), cursing at the monsters as he does.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

"Ugh! I can't see anything!" complains Krstani. Nevertheless, she tries another acid blob, hoping she somehow can get lucky.

ranged touch vs orange-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 18
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Whip action 1d20 ⇒ 1 againsdt blue


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

AoO from Blue at Miklos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Caelhal and Erhun clearly have trouble in the narrow confines of this close quarters battle. Miklos is more proficient, but unfortunately is hampered by his instincts, and does nothing more than tickle the ribs of his foe with his falcata. Krstani finds more success, though the skeleton continues to press forward with its bony brethren, leaving Erhun reeling with a nasty gash!

Skeleton at Miklos: 2d20 ⇒ (9, 11) = 20
Skeletons at Erhun: 4d20 ⇒ (15, 14, 4, 9) = 42
Skeleton at Aviram: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage to Erhun: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Bold may go
Miklos
Krstani

Skeletons (Green -1, Orange -2)
Caelhal
Erhun - -8, 3 Str Damage
Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Grimacing as they take on heavy damage, she swaps tactics, moving to support rather than attempt to attack. Seeing as she doesn't have the room to maneuver her stave without smacking someone, Ilyaleh defaults to touching fate, shifting it a bit to favor Miklos. Shifting her grip on her quarterstaff, she takes a step forward to fill any holes or take advantage of any open spaces to smack foes from.

Miklos gets fortune! Ally in 30 ft can roll 2d20 for an attack, save, ability, or skill check (and take higher) once/rd.

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani continues to rain down acid balls on the far orange skeleton.

ranged touch vs orange-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
acid damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Msw bec de corbin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Erhun finally lands a blow, his massive weapon destroying a skeleton

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos feels his luck is changing as he swings his wicked blade at the skeleton.

attack, fortune: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Whip again
1d20 ⇒ 5

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

He isnt good at using his whip for THESE types of activities, lol

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Avarim keeps of the assault and swings at the next skeleton with his warhammer.

Attack v yellow, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12
Damage, Str damage: 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 1 = 4


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Miklos dismantles the skeleton that had been weakened by Ilyaleh's acid, while Erhun entirely crushes its companion.

Aviram and Caelhal are unable to find their mark as the skeletons dodge with serpentine speed.

Still, the skeletons' numbers wane, and without that advantage, the brave pathfinders are able to keep their claws at bay.

@Miklos: 2d20 ⇒ (9, 14) = 23
@Aviram: 2d20 ⇒ (14, 18) = 32

Bold may go
Miklos
Krstani

Skeletons
Caelhal
Erhun - -8, 3 Str Damage
Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Seeing that this change in strategy has certainly done no ill, she then twists the threads of fate to pass some luck along to Aviram.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

With Ilyaleh's aid, Aviram continues to pummel the skeleton in front of him.

Attack v yellow, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 = 19 <-This one is the attack
Attack v yellow, Str damage: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 1 = 17
Damage, Str damage: 1d8 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 1 = 7


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

CRUNCH! The skeleton falls to pieces!

Bold may go
Miklos
Krstani

Skeletons
Caelhal
Erhun - -8, 3 Str Damage

Ilyaleh
Aviram - -5, 3 Str Damage

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Dmg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Erhun parries and strike-or at least tries to

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Time to end this... Miklos ssys as hecsteps firward and swings atvthe last skeleton.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani sends another acid blob at the orange skeleton, hopefully her last.

ranged touch-cover: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Erhun and Miklos quickly finish off the last of the skeletons, and the room falls silent.

Perception DC 20:
There are some extra ripples amongst the water. There's something at the bottom of the pit!

What do you do?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Perception (Ara): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Ilyaleh shudders. "I'm glad we've won, but it looks as though it was at no small cost." Looking at the person from whom she'd borrowed the wand, she asks, "Do you mind? We should probably touch up."

Forgive me, my lil' notes section got wrecked in my book so I'm not actually sure who I'm borrowing the wand from /cry

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

use mine...just keep track of charfes perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Healing will be most appreciated. It is an happy day, as we finally gave eternal rest to these old bones.

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

You can take a charge from my wand, Erhun, and I'll use one my self as well (with someone else activating it of course).
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

While the party heals up, Aviram points out the ripples in the water.

"There's something else down there, I don't know what."

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Usually there are horrible and terrible things which live at the bottom of dungeons. I do not think that we want to go around trying to find out what it is, if we can help it

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh pockets Miklos's wand for use in future combats and activates Aviram's wand twice, once on Aviram himself and another on Erhun. Assuming that's what was meant?
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Think it'll come up? Should we, ah... Handle it now or leave it be?" she asks once she's done. She eyes the ripples cautiously. "I can always poke it with my staff?"

Silver Crusade

female nagaji bronze draconic sorceror 1 | HP 9/9, Level 1 spells 0/4 | AC 14 (18), T 13, FF 11 (15) | F +2, R +3, W +2 (+2 vs mind-affecting/poison) | CMB +0, CMD 13 | Spd 30' | Perc +2 | Init +7

Krstani turns her sorcerous eye to the ripples, looking for signs of the arcane.

Detect magic on the pit and whatever's in it.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Krstani is unable to detect any magical auras in the pit.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bloodrager 3 Init +1 HP 37/37 AC 16 T11 FF15 Fort +6 Ref+2 Will +3 Per+5 CMB +5 CMD 16

Thank you, milady, and you too, Aviram.I'll repay your kindness as soon as I can

Dark Archive

Human (Chelish) Occultist (Battle Host) 1 - HP: 13/13 - AC: 19, T: 10, FF: 19 - CMD: 14 - Fort/Ref/Will: +4/+0/+2 - Initiative: +0 - Perception: +4 - Mental Focus: Transmutation (4) - Spells: 1st: 1/2

@Ilyaleh: That is indeed what I meant :)

"Say, Miklos, are you up for another swim?"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Sure...give me a second.... Miklos says as he doffs his pack and only takes his blade and a dagger. He takes a breath and dives under, looking for anything.

Dark Archive

Init +2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5 AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+3 armor, +2 shield +2 Dex) hp 18 (3d8) Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

You may not want to wear anything which can burden you by weighing you down he chirps at Miklos.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Miklos dives down into the much he is greeted by a terrible death's head grimacing at him!

Another skeleton has apparently gotten trapped at the bottom of the pit, and reaches up trying to trap Miklos as well!

Miklos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Miklos you've got the first action, but make sure a swim check is part of it.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Miklos takes a swipe at the skeleton and prepares to fend off the creatures claws.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

p/r:
parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13riposte: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Though Miklos's aim is true, the awful drag of the water on his arm and blade robs his blow of much of its force, and the skeleton remains unharmed.

Claws: 2d20 ⇒ (9, 7) = 16

The skeletons claws are turned aside by the dashing rondelero, but his riposte fails to find the mark.

Anyone else can jump down in if they would like. Miklos may also go again.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 28/28 AC 20, T 15, FF 16, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8 w/panache); Perception +7

Miklos swims up, realizing his weapon is nigh useless underwater.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Ifrit Witch (Fortune) 1 | HP: 8/8 | AC: 12 (12 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Burning Hands 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Wands:
Two charges on CLW wand, Aviram's CLW wand

Ilyaleh grimaces at the water. Kneeling beside it, she lowers her quarterstaff to offer Miklos an easy handhold so she could help pull him up.

"Let's, ah... Let's not tangle with it if it's already trapped? Or should we just put it out of its misery?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The skeletons claws at Miklos's retreating form as he resurfaces, but it remains in the pit, apparently unable to swim.
1d20 ⇒ 4

651 to 700 of 874 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cwethan's Crypt of the Everflame (PFS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.