Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


801 to 850 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Every time they did something like this— which she was realizing was more often than some ever did in their lives– her heart took up a beat that made her think that it could be heard from paces away. The spells in her head shifted like the eddies of water in a stream, or rills of a lake, always shifting. She tried to step softly, making believe that she was barely even there. Part of her mind was contemplating possibilities, looking ahead beyond the next few seconds, choosing and discarding possibilities, to make sure that their endeavor did not end without them being derailed by the unexpected.

Her fingers were crossed, though. If anyone asked, she would just claim that she was holding a spell ready.
____________________________
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

I was considering sneaking to some point 'south' of the horses(if that's possible. The map cuts off underneath them, so idk what's there, lol) and tossing a thunderstone to spook them.

Shadow, if I can do that, can I take 10 on my stealth, since I'm taking my time? I lack ranks so kinda wanna do what I can to be as stealthily as can be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

The group heads far south of the quarry road at Erix's behest to sneak around to where the horses are located resetting the attack vector of the group. Caelan will take 10 as well. I'll say the group takes their time and moves about 100' south, after all, you do have time! Note that they are aware that someone is out there and so are more actively aware.

tDA ONLY:
Perception 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5 - DC 22

Despite the diligence of the guards, the party is able to reposition itself on the other side of the Quarry.

Remember due to the scale that the group is not right next to the horses, you are all still 100' away, up the hill. Due to repositioning make new Perception checks. Anyone who wishes to approach the horses, make a Stealth check once more to get down the steep Quarry walls without making noise by dislodging rocks and debris underfoot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye will secure a rope quietly at the top and start lowering members down the 100 knotted rope to the bottom

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Traveling stealthily (Probably will go with taking a 10 on Stealth for a total of 15 with ACP included) along with the rest of the party to get to that re-positioned location, the Thranish Vampire Hunter stays silent for the most part- alone in her own thoughts as she mentally prepares herself towards doing the Silver Flame's Work.

Xetovia will opt to move alongside with Meridian when the time comes to get those horses moving.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15.

Needing to be much closer, Meridian carefully descends the cliff...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Pink-Eye and I planned on approaching directly and obviously. Do I need make a stealth check first however?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

yes once the group is down Gauntlet and I are advancing up the middle until the horses dash and then full frontal assault with flank horse side assault


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Yeah, my stealth is terrible, taking 10 is likely the best I can do when combined with my bad luck. My climbing is good though! +4 even with my armor check penalty.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Stealth

Erix practically vanishes from sight, slowly but steadily making his way towards the horses.

What ya'll think about the thunderstone idea?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]
Erix d'Orien wrote:

1d20+2 Stealth

Erix practically vanishes from sight, slowly but steadily making his way towards the horses.

What ya'll think about the thunderstone idea?

A thunderstone would probably do the trick...if it did not stun the horses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Erix is so skilled (who knew!) at sneaking that he practically blends into the night. His path takes him to the area behind the horses, Xetovia and Meridian end up in that same area as well.

"BOOM!"

The Thunderstick explodes sending the horses stampeding!

Xetovia:
In the middle of the Ruins (by the larger buildings), you see another set of guards on active duty as there are a few guttering torches there. Once you are down below and the Thunderstone goes off, you cannot be sure if those guards will remain at their stations or investigate, a risk the group will have to take.

tDA ONLY:
Perception Guards 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 10 = 1
Perception Undead 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Shouts of anger can be heard i the distance as the horses give the guards at the front something better to do than come this way. Of course, they'll come this way eventually but not yet...

However, as Caelan and Gauntlet enter the quarry, a Skeleton left among the horses walks towards them, rusted blade in hand.

As Ama is still up top, I have Pink-Eye up top as well anchoring the rope. They are 100' away from what is about to be melee. Caelan and Gauntlet are in the quarry. Erix, Meridian, and Xetovia are about 25' away from the melee within the quarry. Xetovia and Caelan recognize the Skeleton as Karrnathi, hardier than its generic breed of undead.

Initiative:
Xetovia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ama 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Pink – Eye 1d20 ⇒ 4
Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Meridian 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Undead 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Round 1 - Gauntlet GO!
The Skeleton
The Balance of the Party.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

we couldn't have waited for everyone to be at the bottom before throwing the thunderstone?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

That would have been what Erix would have done, yes. Unless that somehow messes with timing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The problem was that the Skeleton would have engaged in Melee before the stone was thrown as it heard Pink-Eye's feet shuffling (his Stealth check was a 6). I prefer the chaos of the scene unfolding this way anyway! This gives Pink-Eye and Ama a better view of how the guards will react from this vantage point anyhow. I should have described that better but I am always finding myself pressed for time when posting so I sometimes make the choice to rush a post then not to post at all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Knowing his crossbow will do little to a skeleton, he still fires it as he steps forward, hoping to help keep its attention.

MW Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

The bolt clatters off of the skeletons armor and it closes on Caelan two scimitars swinging at him in a controlled manner. The first scimitar glances off of Caelan's armor, the second finds purchase under his arm pit and cuts the d'Orien. Caelan takes 7 damage.

tDA ONLY:
Karrnathi Attacks 1d20 ⇒ 14 & 1d20 ⇒ 20 - Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Round 1 - The Balance of the Party - GO!

Pink-Eye and Ama may run down now as Stealth is not necessary now, no Acrobatics check necessary.

Round 2 - Gauntlet GO!
The Skeleton
The Balance of the Party.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian calls on the power grafted into her blood summoning fire into her hand. With a moment's careful aiming to avoid Caelan, Meridian sends the ball of fire hurtling toward the skeleton.

Inferno Blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 = 11.
Fire Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye takes off running down the quarry to join his companions at full speed.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Placed Xetovia parallel to Erix on the Rose Quarry map to simulate being 25' away from the Skeleton.

"There's another group of guards further away in the middle of those ruins!"

Quickly informing both Erix and Meridian of the second group of Guards towards the middle of the Quarry, Xetovia moves forward towards the Skeleton that's attacking Caelan while downing her held Potion of Shield of Faith.

Grimly recognizing that Skeleton as being a more hardier version of your bog-standard skeleton, a Karrnathi Skeleton, Xetovia notes that she is still too far away to combat it immediately. They're both out of reach from where I am! I'll need something with a bit of reach...

Dol Durand, in its' usual silent response to the Thranish Vampire Hunter's thoughts, swiftly helps to draw out her Sibat, stored at her back, instead of the usual Saw-toothed Blade.

That's all her Round One actions for now, having spent her standard on the potion, move on getting closer, and swift on getting her Sibat with Dol Durand's help.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Unf!"

Caelan swings back hard with his mithral sword at the threatening skeleton.

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Wiff!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Moving up to the skeleton, Gauntlet impassively swings his massive left fist at the creature.

Slam Attack!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage(Adamantine): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Erix and Ama are up, so far, no one has struck the Skeleton, even Meridian's strike went just wide!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]
GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Erix and Ama are up, so far, no one has struck the Skeleton, even Meridian's strike went just wide!

I really need to get Precise Shot...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Good news is that after the Rose Quarry you will all level up! The bad news is that it is after the Rose Quarry...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix moves fifteen feet closer, and takes aim beyond the skeleton, in case any of the other guards decide to aid the undead. Readying an action to fire crossbow at any approaching guards


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Ama also heads down the quarry to the bottom staying behind the big bodies of Gauntlet and shading towards Meridian's position.

Erix sees none of the guards headed in the parties' direction, at least not yet!

Round 3 - Gauntlet GO!
The Skeleton
The Balance of the Party.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Stepping to attempt to flank the creature, Gauntlet swings a heavy fist again...

Slam Attack! Flank?: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Damage(Adamantine): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

This time Gauntlet's strike rattles the undead skull but as is typical of the dead, it does not react other than to strike out at Gauntlet in retaliation with both of its weapons. Both are blocked by Gauntlet's adamantine hide.

tDA ONLY:

Karrnathi Attacks 1d20 ⇒ 9 & 1d20 ⇒ 12

Perception DC 20:
Based on what you can see, the Guards are not headed in your direction just yet...

Perception DC 22:
From the north, two more Karrnathi are approaching!

Round 3 -
The Balance of the Party - GO!

Round 4 - Gauntlet GO!
The Skeleton
The Balance of the Party.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

let me know when I get there


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was not liking the possibilities inherent in this action if they swung even the slightest bit out of their favor— of which she had no reassurance that they even were in their favor– but a sense of camraderie motivated her support. '—and greed', she admitted to herself with slight chagrin. Still, she had a tentative plan, which was to support the others as best she could with her magic.

Of course, that meant being close enough to affect the undead with the spell she knew that wore at the integrity of the magic that animated them, eroding it away. She had a bit of precision prepared, and other than that, a blanket effect if absolutely necessary. She was not sure it was going to be enough, but it was something. Luck was not something that she wanted to have to rely on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Pink-Eye wrote:
let me know when I get there

You're there, earlier post eaten. Grumble, grumble, grumble...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian slings another blast of fire at the skeleton, her concentration complete as she ensures that the fire will not hit her allies.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19.
Fire Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 7) = 17.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

This time Meridian's strike is true, the blast melts the head of the foe and its falls to the ground as clattering bones.

Combat over. Temporarily.

The horses run away from where you all believe you need to go. Hopefully they will distract the guards to keep the Emerald Claw agents from swarming your band all at once.

Do you head to the center of the camp directly and if so, which way will you approach? If not, what else do you wish to do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

After reloading, Gauntlet begins moving in an obvious manner towards the center of the encampment with his crossbow at the ready. He assumes his friends will either keep to cover or follow in his footsteps.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

See the Discussion/Recruitment Thread


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye comes running down the path as the skeleton explodes bone fragments bouncing off his skin and body as he runs right through, drawing his silver sheened axe and thumping down the middle of the path with Gauntlet.

Balinor sends his greetings fools, prepare to meet your gods!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan likewise moves in to assist, brandishing his gleaming mithral sword.

Double move.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Silently thanking the Silver Flame that one of those foul accursed Karrnathi Skeleton will no longer walk in the presence of Eberron, Xetovia will follow after Caelan, Gauntlet, and Pink Eye while keeping use of the Sibat in one hand whilst letting Dol Durand help to guide her through the dark quarry streets via use of its' darkvision.

Double move as well; will enact Vampire Might as swift action.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Hearing most of the group starting to follow, Gauntlet comments quietly to himself.

"I hope these guys can't throw fireballs."

I thought the idea was for me and Pink-Eye to get their attention and the rest of you guys to flank them and help us from there? If we all charge together down the center then we can be surrounded and focused on as a group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Perception

Erix advances further down the road, but hangs back, as to keep with the plan of Gauntlet and Pink-Eye drawing attention.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian will move with the group, but will take advantage of her greater natural speed to move out to the side of the group about 30 feet.

Maintaining pace with the main group, but keeping them between herself and the main part of the enemy camp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Oh, I'll be flanking them eventually.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

As the d'Orien's and Ama move through the ruins with less alacrity than their allies they notice that A strange layer of glass covers much of the village. It coats the ground. It cascades from the shattered stone walls.

Meridian tucked in between the buildings sees the glass as well but also notices that someone has been breaking the glass around some of the ruins, shattering it as though searching for something that may have been trapped within it when the glass cooled and hardened.

Erix:
Peering through the ruins you still see two guards near the torch lighted area, they are disciplined, you have to give them that.

---

Meanwhile. as the distraction team charges forward to attract attention they encounter two more of the undead backed by three living soldiers.

"I told the Captain to kill that Beast! You die now creature!"

Initiative:
Xetovia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Ama 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Pink – Eye 1d20 ⇒ 6
Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Meridian 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Soldiers (3) 1d20 ⇒ 2
Karrnathi (2) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 1 - The Party - GO!
The Enemies

---

OK, I have the d'Orien's flanking to the north (as north is the area that the group seems to need to be in anyway and Ama with them. I have Xetovia backing up Pink-Eye and Gauntlet. I have Meridian tucked into the ruins between the two groups able to assist either group. Let me know if you envision the scattered positions differently.

The group needs to decide whether to split and search the north or converge and slay these 5 in melee, remember, they have back-up and all you all have is each other...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

I can't remember if Warforged get Darkvision or not...and I can't find the website the GM suggested I use to make Gauntlet. I can't find it written down anywhere on my character anywhere so...ugg. I guess Gauntlet is nearly blind...

Stepping defensively towards the skeletons, Gauntlet concentrates silently for a moment and summons 3 fairy-like Dancing Lights to float over his head in a simple spinning pattern.

"There. That should make me an easier target! Pink eye, if you can handle the living ones while I work on the walking bones?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

smite channel: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Pink eye charges the silver sheen of his axe glowing with negative energy


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Trying to move quietly through the ruins, Meridian will slip out of the building she is in and move past Erix. As she passes she will speak quietly to him, "It seems someone has been breaking the glass to get at what is underneath."

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7.
Welp...


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
Gauntlet of Sharn wrote:

Hearing most of the group starting to follow, Gauntlet comments quietly to himself.

"I hope these guys can't throw fireballs."

In reply to Gauntlet's spoken concern about the chances of being hit with a fireball, Xetovia thinks back to her past experiences fighting with the Karrnathi before replying aloud with, "If these were Aundari that we were fighting with, then it would be a pressing concern; thankfully, using any sort of fire, no matter the source, has never mixed well with the usage of undead- praise be to the Silver Flame!"

Left unsaid by the Thranish Vampire Hunter was the undeniable fact that, as the Last War drew on, the Karrnathi necromancers eventually found use for other types of massive area-of-effect spells to use in conjunction with their undead; spells involving cold or poisonous gasses, as a gruesome type of example.

Xetovia will be double-moving in at another few squares with an odd angle or two in between (unless the rubbled part of the map is considered impassable... but difficult terrain should be fine) until she is parallel/near-parallel to Pink-Eye; as Xetovia is wielding the sibat with her normal right hand, she'll have Darkvision available via Dol-Durand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Pink-Eye's strike merely glances off of the Skeletons' plating as they strike at Gauntlet and Pink-Eye with their dual wielded blades. Gauntlet's armor protects him but Pink-Eye takes a hit from one of the Scimitars. 4 damage Pink-Eye.

At the same time, the three warriors fire crossbows into the fray. Only one bolt finds purchase in Xetovia's left thigh. 5 damage Xetovia.

Pink-Eye you get an AOO as one moved next to a square you threaten. Xetovia, that is fine.

tBA ONLY:

Karrnathi Attacks vs Pink - Eye -- 1d20 ⇒ 20 - 1d20 ⇒ 17 - Damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.
Karrnathi Attacks vs Gauntlet -- 1d20 ⇒ 1 - 1d20 ⇒ 5.
EC Fighter 1 vs Pink-Eye - 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
EC Fighter 2 vs Gauntlet - 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15
EC Fighter 3 vs Xetovia - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 - Damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

---

Do Caelan, Ama, Erix, and Meridian wish to aid their allies or continue to the set of buildings from which the torch light emanates?

---

Round 2 Combat - Pink-Eye, Gauntlet, & Xetovia - GO!
The Enemies

801 to 850 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.