Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


501 to 550 of 944 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Breland - Sterngate - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Ambush!

As the humanoids spring the ambush, the adventurers are ready for it.

Ama, in the uncovered wagon, casts a spell to protect herself from the attacks by the foes. The foes though pelt the allies with ranged attacks from the cliffs before anyone else can react!

tDA ONLY:
Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Pink-Eye & Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 6/16 - Javelin vs. Pink-Eye Miss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Javelin vs. Pink-Eye Hit! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet HIT 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Ama Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.

Wagon #2 - All PC's have soft cover. Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 16/16 - Javelin vs. Erix Miss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Javelin vs. Erix Miss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Caelan Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Caelan Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Xetovia Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Xetovia Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.

In the open wagon, Pink-Eye is struck by a Javelin thrown by the Bugbears while the other Javelin misses. Take 8 damage.

He stands up and roars in challenge - "Didn't count on a minotaur did you?" His strike is powerful but does not bring down the first foe!

Gauntlet is struck by an arrow from one of the Goblins though the other two miss. Gauntlet, take 2 damage AFTER DR.

One of the Goblins's fires at Ama but it misses.

In the closed wagon, two Javelin's pierce through the canvas both striking Erix! Erix takes 16 damage. OUCH! You must have more than 10 HP no?

Arrows pierce the other side of the wagon but all miss Caelan and Xetovia.

The map is up!

Gauntlet is too slow to keep up so he is in Wagon 1.

Initiative -- Round 1:
Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!

All foes are on the walls of the cliffs and must be attacked at range or the cliffs must be scaled to attack in Melee. The cliffs are 20' high but climbable. I'll get a map up tomorrow. For now assume 4 foes on each side of the wagons - to the left are Goblins and to the right are Bugbears. You can decide who you want to be in the first or the second wagon and whether the tops are up or down for this ambush.

Initiative Round 2:
Ama - Go!
Foes
Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Making sure to shield Ama as much as possible with his bulk, Gauntlet will begin loading or firing his Heavy Crossbow.

Full round action to load. However, if he already had it loaded...firing at the goblin that hit me.

MW Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

I do indeed, 10 is just from 1st level, I forgot to increase from leveling. How are you doing HP for this game? Though, if it's not max, I think I am still unconscious, as I have no Con bonus. And of course, I don't think my two deeds that might be able to save me would work as I can't see the attacks coming.

Edit: Never mind, they are ranged attacks! I'm screwed!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

The cover provided by the Warforged was greatly appreciated, even as she tried to take stock of the situation, and was uncertain about what to do other than try to not get hit. While there were too many for her to affect directly, she could be of some help. The THMMNG of the heavy crossbow firing was a different sound. One that she had not heard before, but she understood it, seeing the large weapon in its hands.

Thinking quickly, she offered her smaller, lesser quality weapon to him. "Here! I'll reload yours!"
________________________________________
Hoping for a load/fire/reload system to work with, using Gauntlet as cover.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan pushes out of the wagon with a snarled curse and races toward the cliff face of goblins, which he works to clamber up.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Breland - Sterngate - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Ambush!

Xetovia can see that Erix was severely injured by the initial assault from the Javelins.

Caelan is easily able to scale the walls though now he has several Goblins to contend with!

Gauntlet's shot brings down one of the Goblins who falls to the ground dead as Ama hands him another loaded crossbow!

I already resolved Pink-Eye's action forgot about that. Once Erix and Xetovia go, it will be the attackers turns.

As the Heroes fight for their lives they can see similar pitched battles begin to break out all up and down the caravan line!


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Forget the Tube Shooter then, it'll be some scroll-using time, baby! ;)

In the first few previous minutes leading up until the attack, it had been a rather sedate affair of riding along inside of the safety and shade of the generously provided House Orien wagons. Both Caelan and Erix had been jovially discussing among themselves about the likely probability of an ambush this far out in the scrub-lands (but in much more whispered fashion so as to not disturb the resting of their third fellow passenger). Xetovia, said fellow traveler, had been resting her head against the side of the wagon interior with hers eyes closed while Dol Durand, her Possessed Left Hand, was merrily occupying itself by tracing phantom circles of varying circumferences along the inside walls of the wagon.

During the exact moment of the arrow and javelin attacks, Xetovia is roused out from her stupor by the supernaturally loud warning given by Ama; Dol Durand had likewise ceased its' repetitive motions inside of the wagon at that very same moment, while clearly manifesting forth its' ghostly Couatl's eye. Seeing poor Erix falling victim to both javelin strikes, both Xetovia and Dol Durand spring into action simultaneously, befitting the long years they spent together as one.

If it's okay by you, GM the Dragon Above, I like to have Dol Durand take out the scroll-box from Xetovia's pack, as it's own action, with Xetovia retrieving the Cure Light Wounds Scroll from the box and casting it upon Erix's fallen form as her standard and move action. She'll also use her Vampiric Might focus ability as a swift action, in the event that hand to hand combat is warranted.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9. Welcome back to "Wakeyland", Erix- if it is enough to bring him back into consciousness. ;)

"Praise be to the Silver Flame- that was a close one, Erix.", Xetovia says to the remaining (now prone?) Scion of Orien. "Caelan's gone out to deal with the attackers... the others are also fighting back, as well- that much I can hear."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Rolled an 8 for HP, so down to 2 after the attack and back up to 11 thanks to Xet.

'I'm going to help my cousin. I would offer to take you with me, but that's not possible, yet." He steps outside of the wagon, looks up to where Caelan is, and disappears. Only to reappear right next to the other House Orien Scion. Using my least mark of passage to Dimension Leap up to the cliff top.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Erix:
Unless you have something that raises your effective caster level, a least mark only makes you effectively caster level 1, which limits dimension leap to 10'. The cliff is 20' high.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Least Mark:

The caster level for all least true dragonmark spell-like abilities is equal to 1 + 1/2 your character level, rounded down.

1+1(1/2 of 2) = 2, unless I'm missing something.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED
Erix d'Orien wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

From the Eberron book:
Your caster level for your least dragonmark spell-like ability is 1 + your level in the dragonmark heir prestige class (if any).

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Rules confsuion:

Pretty sure we're using the updated PF rules for Eberron, found here. Which, I really freakin hope we are, because my entire concept is based around becoming a Blade of Orien. It's much more badass than the 3.5 version, and I was under the impression this game was making use of the PF rules, not the 3.5 ones.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

We are using the PF conversion rules that Erix pointed out. My PF Racial update come from there.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

I guess in a weird, sorta Metagame notion, the PF conversion rules of Daniel Clarke's unofficial Eberron fan-adaptation would/could override the 3.5 Eberron Campaign Ruleset, much in the same way that Storyteller's Shadow's House Rules for Action Points would replace the standard Action Point rules found elsewhere. That being said, the 3.5 to 4.0 Eberron stuff are still valuable for all their in-world setting information that wouldn't be readily found otherwise (apparently, Thrane was really big into fanatical Human "Zerg-Rushes"... according to the Forge of War Source-book).

Whispering a swift prayer to the Silver Flame after for both of the d'Orien cousins' sakes, Xetovia grimly steels her resolve into seeing what further things must be done in order to help safeguard the caravan from any further disruptions.

While Caelan and Erix are both dealing with one side of our foul, wretched amushers, the other side must be dealt with- and swiftly...

It had not escaped the notice of the former member of the Thranish Anthracites that the javelin attacks were all from the eastern side of the ambush point. Perhaps it would only be fair to return their weapons from whence they came... in verily the same manner that they were received!

If it is permissible, Xetovia will throw the javelins back to the Bugbears from the safety of the wagon- pointy end first. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Least Mark:
Let's go with the Pathfinder conversion so Erix you are ok. Good catch though Caelan!

Xetovia and Dol Durand work in conjunction together to get Erix patched up and into the fight.

Erix cuts through the protective covering of the wagon and leaps onto the side of the cliff near his cousin taking the Goblins who believed they had a four on one advantage aback!

After watching his leap, Xetovia grabs a Javelin and grins as she imagines the bugbears will be surprised to see their weapons thrown back at them!

Initiative Round 2

Ama begins to once more reload Gauntlet's now empty crossbow and handing Gauntlet her loaded one!

tDA ONLY:

Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Pink-Eye & Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 6/16 - Club vs. Pink-Eye Miss 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 - Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Club vs. Pink-Eye Hit! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 - Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet HIT 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin 4 - [Deceased].

Wagon #2 - Xetovia has soft cover.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 16/16 - Javelin vs. Xetovia Miss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Javelin vs. Xetovia Miss 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 - Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2.
Confirm Critical on Attack #2 vs. Caelan - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The Bugbears recover from the appearance of the Minotaur able to actually strike at them and grab greatclubs from their backs attempting to crush his head like a watermelon. The cleric ducks once and both swings miss!

On the other side of the wagon, arrows from the Goblin shortbows bounce off of Gauntlet's armored hide like raindrops from the sky.

Xetovia feels the first javelin strike the side of the wagon near the driver who has likely by this time (she hopes) gotten under it for safety. The second javelin though strikes right next to her foot!

FYI, unless you exit the wagon, they have soft cover from you as well as you'd be throwing out of the covered wagon blindly.

As Caelan reaches the top of the cliff, he dodges the first swing of the short sword from one of the Goblins but the second catches his armor just right in the crease driving it home, hard. Caelan take 10 damage!

The remaining Goblins are too slow to strike the quick-footed Erix.

Round 2 - Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan grunts and mutters, "Let's play trade back and forth and see how you do." His shining mithral sword exits its sheath with a whisper, and he whips it around in a fast, hard arc at the small ambusher.

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

For %&^'s sake. This is my sixth natural 1 in the last four days on just the boards. On Sunday I was in a tabletop game where in the final boss fight my series of attack rolls was 1, 2, 2, 1. Meanwhile the goblin crits vs. AC 21. I give up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Accepting the crossbow, Gauntlet turns and fires at the next goblin he sees!

Unknown Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye roars at the bugbears his great axe flashing in the light blood dripping from it... the bright red blood of the enemy!

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
GM the Dragon Above wrote:


Xetovia feels the first javelin strike the side of the wagon near the driver who has likely by this time (she hopes) gotten under it for safety. The second javelin though strikes right next to her foot!

[opc]FYI, unless you exit the wagon, they have soft cover from you as well as you'd be throwing out of the covered wagon blindly. [/ooc]

I'll have Xetovia risk giving the soft cover to the Bugbears since all of the nearby javelins (2 from Erix's wounds- with 1 of those was already held in her hand- and 1 by her feet) are in the wagon; once I boost up her AC and have a few more javelins in hand, then I'll have her exit...

Xetovia throws the held javelin back towards the two Bugbears from inside the wagon. After that, she pulls out another scroll from the scrollbox... this time its' the Shield of Faith one. Dol Durand places the scrollbox back into Xetovia's pack.

Javelin Back-Tossing attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Potential Javelin owies: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.

Not sure what to roll for a miss chance but I think its' a percentile one: 1d100 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5.

Caelan d'Orien wrote:


For %&^'s sake. This is my sixth natural 1 in the last four days on just the boards. On Sunday I was in a tabletop game where in the final boss fight my series of attack rolls was 1, 2, 2, 1. Meanwhile the goblin crits vs. AC 21. I give up.

I feel you on those ones. Heh, makes me wonder if a cross-dimensional curse from a certain GCP Half Orc Ranger from the town of Trunau was involved (one of the species compatible with Half Orcs are Humans, getting all the 1's...) ;p


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix steps up and attempts to strike the goblin his cousin failed to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Man, we Oriens' are not having a good showing, eh Caelan?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I've been having a hell of a week with the die roller.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

So frustrating the dice roller sometimes!

Round 2

Erix and Caelan have gained the mound but are unable to make any headway against the Goblins that threaten them and the caravan!

Xetovia is likewise unable to successfully strike the Bugbears that delivered the Javelins throws.

In the front wagon though, the heroes meet with much greater success as Pink-Eye dyes the hills in Bugbear gts and Gauntlet's shot slays yet another Goblin.

Ama loads her crossbow once more as a new ally eyes the plight of the heroes...

Round 3

Ama, I am assuming you continue to load the crossbows, let me know if you are taking a different action.

The enemies strike!

tDA ONLY:

Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Pink-Eye & Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - [DECEASED]
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Club vs. Pink-Eye MISS 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 - Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet HIT 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 3.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet Miss 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 3 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 4 - [DECEASED].

Wagon #2 - Xetovia has soft cover.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 16/16 - Standard Action Climb Down and Draw Weapon.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Standard Action Climb Down and Draw Weapon.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan Flank HIT 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix Miss 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix FLANK HIT 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.

Pink-Eye's second foe presses the attack but once more, the high ground does him no good as his swing is high.

Of the two arrows fired at Gauntlet only one finds its mark and the strike is but a scratch. 1 damage after DR is applied.

The Goblins move to flank the d'Oriens while both main attackers miss the flankers strike once more scoring hits on both of the Cousins. Despite making full contact though, Caelan's armor absorbs the blow.

Erix is not so lucky and the strike cuts him severely! Caelan 0 damage. Erix 5 damage, I believe that puts you at 6 total HP.

The Bugbears, now out of Javelin's make the climb down to the road and draw their wicked looking though poorly made, greatswords. Xetovia, you can see they are about to approach you!

Meridian watches at the d'Orien's take the battle to the Goblins, though their battle prowess is not what she hoped it would be for their sake. Less foes threaten her caravan and she has a moment to observe that the Bugbears to the east have climbed down the hill. it will be these two brutes versus the human female remain in the wagon unless someone aids her...

Round 3 - Meridian, Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!

Meridian, I have placed you on the map.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Removed the dead Goblins!

Taking back his heavy crossbow, now loaded from Ama, he quickly sights and fires again...

MW Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 2

...and grunts angrily as his shot goes a little wide.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan lashes out again at a goblin, hoping to cut down a few foes and save himself and his cousin from any unnecessary further pain.

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Mithral longsword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

I can't find my token, so please have me move as appropriate to make the following actions make sense...

No longer able to sit quietly and let others decide her fate, Meridian reaches deep within herself and summons the essence of fire. Hoping that the cousins will rally against the goblins, Meridian extends her hands toward one of the bugbears advancing on the lone female.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19, are any of the bugbears wounded already?.

Lighting made of flames, or perhaps fire shaped like lightning, arcs from her outstretched hands toward the bugbear.

Inferno Blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21, -4 if firing into melee.
Fire Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 2) = 14.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye sees all his enemies die before him and turns to see the back half of the bugbears climb down to assault the caravan. He therefore steps off the wagon (how far are they from me?), trudges over to them, and axes one heartily.

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:


Xetovia throws the held javelin back towards the two Bugbears from inside the wagon. After that, she pulls out another scroll from the scrollbox... this time its' the Shield of Faith one. Dol Durand places the scrollbox back into Xetovia's pack.

@GM the Dragon Above: Made a bit of a screw-up; turns out that Xetovia has the Shield of Faith as a potion, not a scroll. So if it's okay by you, I'd like to retcon the scroll being pulled out last turn as the Protection from Evil one instead.

Hastily casting Protection from Evil upon herself (that had been inscribed on the scroll taken as a standard action), Xetovia notes that the two bugbears have stopped throwing the javelins- quite possible that they ran out of them- and are proceeding to climb down towards the wagon... presumably to get themselves into melee range.

Xetovia gains a +2 Deflection bonus to AC and a +2 Resistance bonus to Saves but only against Evil aligned opponents- so if the Bugbears are just Neutral in alignment, she's screwed. ;)

Trusting in the fact that so long as she carries nothing in her left hand, the Thranish Vampire Hunter can never be truly as vulnerable to a flanking maneuver as she would without Dol Durand's presence, Xetovia swiftly draws out her saw-toothed "Rutterkins" blade as she exits the wagon (as her move action)- carefully keeping her back leaned up next to the nearest wagon wheel.

Just as she is readying herself to meet the onslaught of both Bugbears, a sudden flame-like torrent of lightning strikes unexpectedly at one of the Bugbears. It is something that comes as a bit of surprise to Xetovia (to say nothing of the Bugbears!) as she finds herself subconsciously thinking back to her time with the Argent Anthracites; more specifically, how that blast of lightning reminded her so much of the bluish flame bursts wielded by one certain tightly-controlled "Silver Pyromancer" member of the Anthracites during her last wartime encounter with Caelan!

Endeavoris!? It couldn't be! No, it was some sort of electrical blast- not a fiery one like his was...indiscriminately burning both the undead and innocent Cyran refugees alike...!

Trying to find the source of that Lightning blast, Xetovia almost fails to notice Pink-Eye trudging down to bring shiny silvery blood-strewn pain upon another Bugbear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

---

Meridian, this time I REALLY did place you on the map!

---

Round 3

Wagon 1

Gauntlet's shot goes wide. Pnk-Eye continues the assault againts his second foe, scoring another hit but not bringing down the tough opponent.

Your second foe is still up and active Pink-Eye so not help for Xetovia, at least not from you.

Wagon 2

Caelan scores a strike and his first Goblin foe falls. Erix likewise snaps his whip at one of his two foes - Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - but once more, Erix is unable to make contact with either of his foes.

Xetovia keeps her back safe, forcing the Bugbears to try and enter the wagon to slay her when the whoosh of the flames from nowhere causes one to scream in pain. After closing her eyes to the heat she peers out and can see a female, lizard folk? aiding her against the Bugbears. How did she not notice this particular figure sooner?

While Meridian sees that the Bugbers are not yet wounded, she changes that seconds later with her flames. Still, the stubborn creature does not fall.

Round 4

Ama hands a crossbow back to Gauntlet and he raises it to fire once more.

First though, their foes counterstrike.

tDA ONLY:

Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Pink-Eye & Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - [DECEASED]
Bugbear 2 - HP = 6/16 - Club vs. Pink-Eye 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10- Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin 2 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2.
Goblin 3 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 4 - [DECEASED].

Wagon #2 - Xetovia has soft cover.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 2/16 - Greatsword vs. Meridian - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19- Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 16/16 - Greatsword vs. Xetovia - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13- Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Goblin 2 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix FLANK 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Erix FLANK 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 = 22 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3.

Wagon 1

The foe, enraged by Pink-Eye's successful strike simply cannot connect as its swings contain too much power and not enough accuracy.

Once more, the well armored Gauntlet repels the crude ranged weapons of the Goblins who begin cursing wildly at their ineffectiveness!

Wagon 2

Singed and breathing heavily, the now hairless Bugbear charges at Meridian and manages to land a weak blow against her. You take 4 damage.

The other rounds the wagon and swings in at Xetovia further cutting the cloth of the wagon cover. Whether her own armor of the protection of the spell that does it is not relevant what is relevant is that the creatures' powerful strike misses, though the downswing does splinter some of the floorboards!

Perhaps the death of his companion shakes his confidence, perhaps not but still the Goblin slicing at Caelan misses once more.

The otehr two Goblins whether by design or by accident once more push Erix into a blade trap. Erix though calls out and his whip swings up!

Spend Panache Point to attempt Parry and Riposte. Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Still, despite his amazing feat of reflexes, his blade simply cannot stop the dogslicer from slicing him. Erix takes 3 more damage, you are at 3 HP.

Round 4 - Meridian, Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan presses his attack and tries to finish off the goblins before they can finish off his cousin!

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Mithral longsword damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Crit damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Accepting the crossbow again, Gauntlet turns and fires at the next goblin he sees!

Unknown Light Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Balinor of air and earth, great hunter of the host, strike my foes with your mighty retribution!

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

This time Pink-Eye's swing meets the hard hide of the Bugbear and he shrugs it off.

Gauntlet's shot is once more errant.

Caelan's strike though splits his foe clean in half!

Round 4 - Meridian, Erix, and Xetovia - GO!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

I have about two options to try and survive, but I need a battlefield update. If I withdraw, are there any goblins here with ranged weapons? Also, are there any that I would need to move passed in order to try and get to safety?


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
Erix d'Orien wrote:
I have about two options to try and survive, but I need a battlefield update. If I withdraw, are there any goblins here with ranged weapons? Also, are there any that I would need to move passed in order to try and get to safety?

Erix, another option that you might try is to get behind Caelan somehow and whip attack the remaining goblins from the safety of reach distance? :)

Briefly glancing between the torn rents of the wagon's canvas cover, Xetovia spots (and hears) Pink-Eye calling out to his god, Balinor of the Sovereign Host, as he unleashes more silvery crimson death upon the second bugbear nearest to his open wagon. Gauntlet and Ama seem to be busy dealing with the goblins on their opposite side. The Thranish Vampire Hunter is unable to discern how things are going with both of the House Orien Cousins but given that no more arrows are raining down from the opposite end to the covered wagon, it would be safe to surmise that they are both keeping those goblins occupied. And speaking of keeping those goblinoids occupied...

Seeing that the mysterious lizard-like woman is already dealing with one of the bugbears that approached her wagon, Xetovia will move forward towards the remaining bugbear in order to strike it down in the name of the Silver Flame. Was that strange woman part of our caravan? I don't seem to recall ever seeing her before!

Xetovia will move towards the other bugbear as her move action and make her melee attack upon it as her standard action.

Melee Attack to other Bugbear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16.

Sawtooth Sabre damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

The dice roller gave a bit over average on the attack; maybe that neon green theory has some mojo to it? ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

I need to find a better avatar for her. Her scales are brass-colored, not red.

Meridian snarls at the bugbear, her hood falling back as she snaps at the creature with jaws and fangs that are decidedly more draconic than lizard. Her raking talons lash out at the bugbear in an attempt to disembowel the creature.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14.
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

Oh for crying out loud...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Erix d'Orien wrote:
I have about two options to try and survive, but I need a battlefield update. If I withdraw, are there any goblins here with ranged weapons? Also, are there any that I would need to move passed in order to try and get to safety?

You can leap back onto the wagon but that could potentially put you in range of the Bugbear though he seems preoccupied with killing Xetovia at the moment. So from that aspect, you can withdraw as a full round action safely. While the Goblins did have bows, with Caelan slicing Goblins in half it's doubtful they would pick up bows to shoot at you when they can slice at your cousin!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Erix withdraws as he is heavily wounded leaving his cousin to his own devices though judging from the groove Caelan is on, these Goblins are dead and just do not know it yet!

Meridian's magics' are more effective than her natural weapons as she is unable to penetrate the Bugbear's defenses despite its wounds.

Xetovia skips over the bugbears attack and counters with a strike of her own, scoring upon his left shoulder. The creature roars in pain but is still a danger to her presently.

Erix, let me know if you step behind your cousin or leap back to the wagon as part of your withdraw.

Round 5

Ama hands another loaded crossbow to Gauntlet! Feel free to post a reaction to the combat if you wish Ama or cast a spell if you are tired of handling reloading duties!

The enemies continue their assault. A Goblin tries to sneak up behind Meridian but one of the guards form the caravans tackles it and they wrestle.

The forward wagon's fighting is fierce as well, though a few guards are down, the Goblin bodies are more numerous. It seems that the ambush still rages on around you all!

tDA ONLY:

Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Pink-Eye & Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - [DECEASED]
Bugbear 2 - HP = 6/16 - Club vs. Pink-Eye 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 - Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 2 - HP = 2/6 - Doglicer vs. Ama Acrobatics 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 BOTCH! - Damage to Goblin 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4.
Goblin 3 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 4 - [DECEASED].

Wagon #2 -

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 2/16 - Greatsword vs. Meridian - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 10/16 - Greatsword vs. Xetovia - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8.

Goblin 1 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 2 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan FLANK 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.

Blood in its eyes, the Bugbear just cannot score a strike against Pink-Eye.

On the other side of the lead wagon, the Goblins once again fires its bow ineffectually at Gauntlet.

The second fellow, a bit brighter, attempts to leap onto the wagon but mistimes his jump and lands on his face instead on the ground next to the wagon wailing in pain as he ended up injuring himself!

Meanwhile Meridian's luck holds out as the Bugbear is thrown off balance by what he thought was a sorcerer attacking him with fang and claw he wide swing slams the ground and nothing more!

Xetovia is also able to side step her foes strike, it seems the cut to the shoulder has effected his swing adversely with such a clumsy weapon as a greatsword.

The Goblins ignore the withdrawing Erix to focus on what appears to be the real threat in their midst, Caelan. They flank him, the first trying to force him into a strike by the second like they did with Erix. While the second does land, Caelan's armor absorbs the blow completely. Caelan takes 0 damage.

Round 5 - Meridian, Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

As steady as ever, Gauntlet silently continues to weather the goblin's strikes and fire back with a reloaded weapon...

MW Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan continues his merciless advance, sweeping his shining, bloody sword in front of him like he's scything wheat.

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Mithral longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Round 5

Gauntlet's shot is wide once more while Caelan's bloody sword lets' no more Goblin blood, at least, not yet.

Round 5 - Meridian, Erix, Pink-Eye, and Xetovia - GO!


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Now that Meridian's hood is pulled back, Xetovia could see, out from the corner of her eyes, that her mysterious benefactor has a decidedly more draconic appearance rather than something merely lizard-like with apparent brass colored scales gleaming against the sunlight. I get the sense of something almost an draconic-like presence emanating from our new ally; thanks be to the Silver Flame that Dragons and Couatl's fought upon the same side! And speaking of fighting...

Focusing back upon the injured bugbear that she was fighting with, Xetovia deftly switches her saw-toothed "Rutterkins" blade from her right hand into her open left hand (as either a swift or free action?). Trusting in Dol Durand's mysterious instincts, Xetovia makes another attack at the bugbear with the wounded shoulder- hoping to capitalize on her previous momentum of attack.

With Dol Durand's influence upon her attack, Xetovia makes her strike at an additional +1 to hitting and damage, as per the Possessed Hand feat tree.

Attack on Still-Hairy Bugbear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14.

[dice=Potential Damage with "Rutterkins" blade and Dol Durand]1d8+4[/dice].

The Neon Green Fidget Spinner didn't work out quite as well as the last time but it wasn't all that less of a roll, comparatively speaking. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

oh yeah cool aid man grin for times 3 damage

Suddenly a touch of wind blows and the dust settles in the air and a moment in time freezes as Pink Eye twirls and plants the axe right into the ribs of the bugbear with a sickening thud.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian snarls again, but this time she steps back and makes another jabbing gesture with her claws toward the bugbear and an arcing gout of fire streaks toward the foe.

Inferno Blast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 vs. touch.
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) = 10.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Road to Darguun - 998 YK - Eighteenth Day of Dravago

Round 5

Erix leaps back to the (relative) safety of the wagon. Meanwhile both Xetovia and Meridian have trouble finishing off their large hairy foes.

Pink-Eye's strike is powerful, so powerful even over the din of battle the sound of the bugbear's head exploding can be heard though what exactly that sound is cannot be ascertained as the heat of battle has everyone fighting for their very lives.

Ama spares a brief glance backwards and sees Pink-Eye's final opponent fall. She reloads the crossbow, not even remembering whose is whose at this point, and hands it to Gauntlet once more.

The foes press their attacks despite their now dwindling numbers.

Beginning Round 6

tDA ONLY:

Wagon #1 - Ama has Partial Cover from Gauntlet.

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - [DECEASED]
Bugbear 2 - [DECEASED]

Goblin 1 - HP = 6/6 - Short Bow vs. Gauntlet 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 - Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4.
Goblin 2 - HP = 2/6 - Doglicer vs. Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.
Goblin 3 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 4 - [DECEASED].

Wagon #2 -

Attackers - Bugbear 1 - HP = 2/16 - Greatsword vs. Meridian - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10.
Bugbear 2 - HP = 10/16 - Greatsword vs. Xetovia - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 - Damage 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7.

Goblin 1 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 2 - [DECEASED].
Goblin 3 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2.
Goblin 4 - HP = 6/6 - Short Sword vs. Caelan FLANK 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3.

Once more the Goblin fires his shortbow from the cliff side and once more Gauntlet's armor turns the crude projectile away. The Goblin who fell though, leaps up into the wagon and slashes at Gauntlet making contact but only making noise with his successful blow. Once more, Gauntlet's armor is too tough for the Goblin weaponry.

Pink-Eye sees that Gauntlet and Ama are down to only two foes, both seem ineffectual vs. the Warforged and the Librarian. Two Bugbears though threaten the second wagon in your group, one appears to be attacking some sort of scaled female and another is slashing at whoever is still inside the canopied wagon shared by the d'Orien cousins and Xetovia. Once more though, the bugbear attacks are ineffectual though they keep pressure on by their mere presence and huge, wicked, rusty greatswords.

Caelan's armor proves superior to the weapons that his foes wield, much as Gauntlet's has. It seems that power is winning out over speed for the moment!

Round 6 - Meridian, Erix, Pink-Eye, Xetovia, Caelan, and Gauntlet - GO!

Round 7 - Ama - GO! [i]The Goblin is in Melee range now!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan draws back his mithral sword and uses his shield to briefly obscure his attack before chopping down at an angle toward the goblin he still faces.

Mithral longsword attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Again?!?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Dropping his whip, Erix draws his crossbow and fires at one of the goblins he just leaped away from 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for 1d8 ⇒ 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks at the vibrating blade in the goblin's hands, and simply attempts to back-hand the goblin as he stands there...

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage(Adamantine): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Balinor's retribution is upon you fools! as Pink Eye roars a fierce roar of joy blood flying off his axe and chunks of flesh and brains dripping from his body as he charges the bugbears at the next wagon attempting to bury his axe in it's back as it faces the scaled woman.

attack!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian gives ground once more, gaining a little space in which to unleash her fire. She snarls at the beast, a sound that might be merely frustrated sound or might have the cadence of speech in it.

Draconic:
"Hold still, prey. You will only die tired."

Inferno Blast: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 vs. touch AC.
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) = 14.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Attack on Hairy Bugbear, part 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.

Saw-toothed goodness, possibilities: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.

A double score, heh- unfortunate that its' a low one though.

Now that Erix has returned to the wagon (while bearing a few more, newer bloody wounds, at that), Xetovia will attempt to keep her bugbear foe engaged with herself and Dol Durand.

Between the bellowed challenge given by the Minotaur of Balinor and the unintelligible speech (to the besieged Thranish Vampire Hunter, that is) given by the brass-scaled draconic-like woman, Xetovia will shout out from where she is at, "Erix has been badly wounded by our attackers; Caelan is still somewhere up above that cliff-side... dealing with their archers! The hooded, scaled one is an ally- as is the Minotaur, Pink-Eye!", more for the sake of both Pink-Eye and Meridian, lest they accidentally try to attack each other.

501 to 550 of 944 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.