Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


401 to 450 of 944 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan recognizes that the kobolds are creating a front line and moves to block them.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Longsword crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Longsword crit damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 8) + 6 = 17


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

If anybody wishes, I could help in moving anyone's character to a preferred position on the map (either a PM or board post will do); I know that map movement isn't really that feasible with a smartphone and all. ;)

Seeing that only one of the hostile Kobolds was affected by the billowing burst of sand (which is already starting to subside), Xetovia can only give a wistful sigh of frustration in response. The Crooked Filth! If only more of them had been affected; still, it was worth the attempt nonetheless- if for nothing else than to gauge the quality of our foes...

While the Thranish Vampire Hunter had been preoccupied with her internal prayers, both Erix's and Pink-Eye's attempted attacks had been noted after the fact from the way the Kobolds did their best reactive dodging responses. Caelan's own attack seems to have been more solidly struck though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Caelan's strike eviscerates the lead Kobold #7.

The little lizard men strike back!

From the left they sweep right, two attacking Xetovia. The main lizard appears to be a diversion allowing teh second to land a solid blow. Xetovia take 3 damage.

Erix opponent misses, badly.

Caelan's opponent likewise misses not even close.

The last two close ranks in front of the Warforged.

tDA ONLY:
Kobold #1 Spear Attack vs. Xetovia (Flank)1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 = 20 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Kobold #2 Spear Attack vs. Xetovia 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold #3 Spear Attack vs. Erix 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Kobold #4 Spear Attack vs. Caelan 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold #5 READY ACTION SPEAR CHARGING OPPONENT
Kobold #6 READY ACTION SPEAR CHARGING OPPONENT

The Lady stays stationary behind the table and drinks a potion as she tries to snap the bolt. Strength 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 but is unable to do so.

Round 2 - Ama, Gauntlet - GO!
Saber
Erix, Caelan, Xetovia, Pink-Eye
Kobolds (6)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

A glance around the table showed the others engaging the kobolds, and there was little that she could do to the kobolds directly, until she remembered she had one more option left before her magic was exhausted. She took a deep breath, and then looked around the side of the table and cast a spell not at the Warforged, but at the ground just in front of, and just outside of, the doorway.
__________________________
Grease cast on the 10ft square of the doorway, under the Warforged. Reflex(14) or fall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Reacting Quickly, Gauntlet moves around Xetovia, trying to leave plenty of room for Pink-Eye to swing his axe. Reaching out the Kobold near her, he silently activates his new wand hidden in his arm, charging his hand with a Shocking Grasp spell!

Shocking Grasp Touch Attack!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
A miss! So the charge is held until his next action!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Right over his friends shoulder Pink Eye attempts to eviserate the kobold (purple)

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

ouch


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Second round of Vampiric Might.

With a momentary wince of pain from the (red) Kobold's spear thrust, Xetovia grits her teeth and soldiers on in true Thranish fashion. Looks like Caelan had the right idea; we've got to get these Kobolds dealt with right away!

Letting her Possessed left hand stow away the now spent Poisoned sand tube, Xetovia draws out her Sawtoothed saber with her right hand and presses to attack the Kobold (black) directly south of her; trusting in the Warforged to take out the one that had succeeded in stabbing her now that he's in attacking range of that particular Kobold.

Xetovia takes a move and a standard action to draw her weapon and attack. Dol Durand will take at least a standard action to stow away the Poisoned sand tube as its' own independent action.

Attack at Kobold (black): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.

Damage at Kobold (black): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.

It has been a while since I last fought a living foe...


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:


Xetovia takes a move and a standard action to draw her weapon and attack. Dol Durand will take at least a standard action to stow away the Poisoned sand tube as its' own independent action.

After reading up on the various actions and the attacks of opportunity, it definitely looks like Dol Durand would cause Xetovia to take attacks of opportunity from all 3 adjacent Kobolds.

If it's okay with the Dragons, I would like to amend Dol Durand's action as just dropping the Poisoned sand tube as a free action, keeping Xetovia's left hand open and empty so that she avoids taking flanking bonuses from the adjacent Kobolds via the Hand's Sight feat. Otherwise, I'd be fine with taking the attacks of opportunity and chalk things up as a hard lesson learned. ;)

Also if any of the nearby Kobolds gets put down by the d'Orien Cousins, Xetovia will target any different remaining Kobolds that are still within reach. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Ama casts her spell and the Warforged goes right down!

Gauntlet moves in to attack but his Kobold fie is simply too nimble and Xetovia too discovers.

However, as if from the heavens, Pink-Eye's weapon slices one of the Kobolds in twain showing the allies exactly how to do it!

GM DA ONLY:
Saber Reflex Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The Warforged rises off of the greased ground, "Nice try wizardess". He retorts as he begins to reload his weapon now near the ceiling of the room about 15' high.

Xetovia - Is dropping the sand tube right in front of you going to have any harmful effects or will it remain closed and non-lethal as it was simply dropped?

Round 2 - Erix, Caelan - GO!
Kobolds (5)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan spins and lays into another of the kobolds, trying to thin the herd.

Longsword attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Longsword damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Outside The Broken Anvil

Dalaan Kalas

Work, surprisingly in a city as large as Sharn it can often be hard to come by. Especially good work. Oh there is plenty of bad work whether demeaning or of the shady variety but honest pay for honest work is hard to come by. You though have come by some. The Wandering Eye Inquisitive Pierce, has tapped you to watch an Inn, the Broken Anvil and monitor it to ascertain whether any Warforged come or go.

Several moments ago a Warforged did head in with an assortment of humans and of all things a Minotaur! Even in Sharn you don't see that every day.

Several seconds ago, another Warforged entered. This one with several Kobolds in tow all of whom began to brandish weapons as soon as they hit the entrance... What to do, what to do?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Dang, seems like if I try and tumble to flank, I need to move past at least 2 kobolds! Bah! Am I reading the map correctly, or is there something I'm missing?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Erix d'Orien wrote:
Dang, seems like if I try and tumble to flank, I need to move past at least 2 kobolds! Bah! Am I reading the map correctly, or is there something I'm missing?

You read it correctly. They are bunched up near you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Wait, if I 5-step to the right, and tumble past Calen and then past the kobold below him, I think I would only potentially provoke from just that one, right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

May also depend on whether I killed one!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

A gravely voice starts singing the praises of Balinor the blood dripping from his axe as he takes a five foot step and swings again!

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


2 people marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Where did you find a weapon that does 1d20 damage?


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Xetovia - Is dropping the sand tube right in front of you going to have any harmful effects or will it remain closed and non-lethal as it was simply dropped?

It shouldn't really have any effect other than possibly being taken away by anyone since it's now unattended (maybe even being sundered by an angry Kobold? ;p); other than that, the sand tube (as a single shot item until refilled) is already spent and empty so there probably won't be any harmful effects by dropping it. ;)

Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:
Xetovia takes a move and a standard action to draw her weapon and attack. Dol Durand will take at least a standard action to stow away the Poisoned sand tube as its' own independent action.

Dol Durand will simply drop the empty Poisoned sand tube to the floor, which leaves Xetovia's possessed left hand free to assist the Thranish Vampire Hunter with looking out for any flanking attacks in its' own mysterious way.

I'll have to remember to retrieve that sand tube when the battle is done- if we survive... may the light of the Silver Flame shine brightly upon us!

Pink-Eye viciously brings a splitting end to another Kobold attacker while Caelan lands another solid swing upon yet another hostile Kobold.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25. Pausing to check upon how many of the attacking Kobolds are still left and how many have been done away with, Xetovia notes the oddly familiar silvery-coated sheen upon Pink-Eye's blood-dripping axe. Is that...? Why would he waste a Silversheen coating on these Kobolds... unless it was really meant for that Warforged that shot our Lady?

On Xetovia's next turn, she might 5-foot step into the spot vacated by Erix depending on what the Kobolds do on their turn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

its a great axe 1d12 sorry for the wrong dice roll

damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Mystic 1
GM the Dragon Above wrote:

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Outside The Broken Anvil

Dalaan Kalas

Work, surprisingly in a city as large as Sharn it can often be hard to come by. Especially good work. Oh there is plenty of bad work whether demeaning or of the shady variety but honest pay for honest work is hard to come by. You though have come by some. The Wandering Eye Inquisitive Pierce, has tapped you to watch an Inn, the Broken Anvil and monitor it to ascertain whether any Warforged come or go.

Several moments ago a Warforged did head in with an assortment of humans and of all things a Minotaur! Even in Sharn you don't see that every day.

Several seconds ago, another Warforged entered. This one with several Kobolds in tow all of whom began to brandish weapons as soon as they hit the entrance... What to do, what to do?

As he watched the first Warforged enter with the Minotaur, Dalaan perked up. It had been a fairly dull duty so far. He had picked out an observation spot where he was most comfortable, on the rooftop down the way from the Broken Anvil. He had a habit of talking to himself when on the rooftops, since it was rare to find anyone else to talk to in such a location.

"What's this? Interesting, what makes a Minotaur travel with a tin man? Might be an interesting story to hear...." His attention was quickly drawn to the second Warforged entering with kobolds of all things in tow. It was only a moment before Dalaan realized they were there not to enjoy the Anvil's atmosphere, but to cause havoc. With a sigh, he quickly got to his feet, looking down for the easiest way to the street.

"Keep an eye out for Warforged he said. Gather Information he said. Use your discretion he said. Well, I can't let random folks get hurt by rabble rousers, can I? At least I won't be bored like I have been..." Without hesitation, he ran along the rooftops bounding the street before he leaped over the edge of the roof, bouncing from wall to wall and ledge to outcropping for a safe, rapid descent. As he dropped to land on the street level, he took his zalaat in one hand and his Chakram in the other, ready to throw.

running along the rooftop on the edge of the street before tumbling down to street level at the steps in, hopefully surprising the warforged there.
Acrobatis for Tumbling Descent: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Calean cuts down the Kobold threatening him!

Erix, if you cut around Caelan then charge at the Warforged then yes, only one Kobold will have an AOO. Keep in mind that the Warforged is now levitating and the area beneath him is slick with Grease. You would have seen him go down.

Round 2 - Erix - GO!
Kobolds (4)

I'll register that hit next round Pink-Eye!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Outside The Broken Anvil

Dalaan Kalas

By the time you get to the ground the newest Warforged and his Kobold Companions have already entered the Anvil, from inside you hear the sounds of mayhem!

Go ahead and roll Initiative and I'll place you into combat in Round 3.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Mystic 1

Sounds good
initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Seeing that Caelan has put down yet another Kobold that he had so skillfully struck, Xetovia will steel herself towards at least making sure that the Kobold directly south of her position will be dealt with, soon. By the Silver Flame's light, let my blade strike true...!

Sounds like we got 3 Kobolds down plus another prospective Kobold to be mulched in the very next round, thanks to both Caelan and Pink-Eye. :)

@Erix: If you're going for the charge to the floating Warforged, then Xetovia will stay where she's at then. Hopefully her future attacks to a Kobold will connect, somehow- if they don't get her whittled down first. ;)

@Dalaan: Your character token is ready for map movement, though I'm sure that the GM the Dragon Above will let you know where to place it on your turn in the Broken Anvil. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Erix spins around his cousin Caelan to strike at the Kobold guarding the Warforged's left flank. Scorpion Whip CMB TRIP 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 - CRIT? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 - Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Whip trips the Kobold and manages to catch it right on the artery of the leg as it snaps again spurting blood along the wall and sending the Kobold into death throes.

The three remaining Kobold's strike back!

tDA ONLY:
Kobold vs. Gauntlet Spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4.
Kobold vs. Xetovia Spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5.
Kobold vs. Erix Spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 - Damage 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.

Gauntlet gets the worst of teh strikes as the spear finds a spot between his plates. 4 damage.

The foe striking at Xetovia misses as she steps back.

Erix' foe nicks him on the hip. Erix take 1 damage.

The group sees a figure rush in the doors describe yourself Dalaan but he does not appear to be with the Warforged, the question is, what is he doing here?

Round 3 - Ama, Gauntlet - GO!
Saber
Dalaan, Erix, Caelan, Xetovia, Pink-Eye
Kobolds (3)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Gauntlet gets the worst of teh strikes as the spear finds a spot between his plates. 4 damage.

DR2/- so only 2 pts gets through.

Taking another 5 foot step to get clearer, Gauntlet switches things up and engages the red kobold using his Magus-trained spell combat!

Slam(Right Fist): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 = 2
Damage(Adamantine): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
+
Shocking Grasp Touch Attack(Left Fist): 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 2 = 20
Damage(Electrical): 2d8 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

His fist trashes a random chair nearby to splinters as the Kobolds slides a small distance to avoid it, but Gauntlet's left hand manages to grasp the kobold's arm as it withdraws its spear, sending visible arcs of electricity into the small creature!

I'm assuming the Kobold's Touch AC is less than 20...


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

When Xetovia's round comes up...

As Erix's whip attack finishes off yet another Kobold, Xetovia takes advantage of the momentum momentarily swinging in the party's favor by dodging back from her Kobold opponent's spear stab.

When Dalaan makes his surprise appearance, Xetovia will press the advantage afforded by his sudden entrance to the Broken Anvil towards dispatching the Kobold nearest to her.

She quickly switches her grip on the Sawtoothed blade so that it is now in Dol Durand's left hand instead of her normal right hand... (not sure on the action type, if you want to rule it as either a move or a free action)

With her grip reinforced by Dol Durand's steady guidance, Xetovia makes her attack on Kobold (Black). Or at any adjacent Kobold within reach if Kobold (Black) is no longer among the living. ;)

Attack on Kobold (Black) with her left: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25. Possible Critical with her Sawtoothed blade. :)

Damage on Kobold (Black) with her left: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12.

Confirming Crit on Kobold (Black) with her left: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9. Doesn't seem likely. :(

Possible Crit Damage on Kobold (Black) with her left: 1d8 ⇒ 3.

Xetovia utters a silent prayer of thanks to the Silver Flame as she makes a solid strike upon her foe.

Optional action in case of no Kobolds left:

In the event that there aren't any Kobolds left alive for her to target, Xetovia will instead target the floating Warforged with Faerie Fire from her Fey Magic ability (since she is in an Urban environment).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

With her useful spells exhausted, Ama looked around the immediate area for something that could be used to contribute to the fight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
Ama Freewater wrote:
With her useful spells exhausted, Ama looked around the immediate area for something that could be used to contribute to the fight.

Ama? Have you leveled your character yet? Also can't you use your "Cold Blasts" from your Water School ability? WATER SCHOOL


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Mystic 1

Dalaan is a male human in his late teens, but he looks even a bit younger than that. His black hair is very short (not quite shaved, but everything but) and his turquoise eyes seem to be constantly in motion when he's not focused on doing something.

He's dressed in some form of leather armor, but armor with harder leather plates attached and more of a 'natural' look to the material as if it was made of some plant or tree components. As he entered he was putting a flat circular metal ring back on his belt and carrying a Zulaat in his other hand.

Am I right that that is grease around the doorway? If not, please adjust this description appropriately.
As he ran closer to the doorway, Dalaan noticed the area around the enterance being slick as if oil or grease had been spilled. Smiling, he continued forward, dropping to his knees to slide through the grease and hopefully underneath the arms of the warforged in the doorway.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO and look good making an entrance: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

As he reached the edge of the slick area, he tucked into a roll, thrusting the Zulaat out into the back of the (green) kobold as he faced away toward the human with the scorpion whip.

Attack green kobold, flanking from Erix: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + (3) + 1 = 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

If Dalaan's attack drops the kobold in front of Erix, he'll attack the warforged with his crossbow, otherwise he'll attack the kobold

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 whip vs green kobold

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 crossbow vs warforged for 1d8 ⇒ 7


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Gauntlet's strike electrifies the Kobold and it falls. With two left and all of his foes standing the Warforged once more snarls, "Next time there will not be a next time!"

He removes a potion from some sort of hidden compartment and drinks. His body becomes gaseous and he seeps into the gaps in the ceiling disappearing from sight.

Meanwhile Pink Eye slides forward slicing one of the Kobolds in half with his massive weapon.

Xetovia slays the final Kobold leaving the human to roll over the greased area of the floor with no foes left to bring down. Whoever this is, it appears he was here to help...

Combat Over!

The Anvil is a wreck. Tables and chairs shattered the corpses of Kobolds and pools of blood beneath them.

Lady d'Vown stands, "Thank you all of you but you must go as must I! The Watch will search you and what I have given you is for your eyes only. That fanatic will be back and I do not intend to be in Sharn when he does..." She attempts to take her leave of the Anvil, the staff is nowhere in sight no doubt having fled when the fighting started.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"Let her go. She IS right. The watch will be here soon enough. Whatever this is about...we best not be here."

Gauntlet will set the new bag on his shoulder more firmly and begin to leave the Anvil, skirting the greased floor as best he can.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye scowls as he wipes his axe and cleans it on a dead kobold and says come to the city park with me, most people do not spend time there and we will have a chance to consider what is next Pink eye departs the battle heading toward the park keeping a sharp eye for gaseous vapor following them.

perc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"That works as well as any. Lead the way Pink-Eye. Quickly! You...stranger? You can come with us for now if you want..."

Gauntlet looks suspiciously at the new human among the group.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Do the Kobold corpses have anything of use or of value on them? Xetovia can make a perception check, if needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18.

With the last of the Kobolds felled and by the apparent comments made by the recently departed Warforged, Xetovia surmised that Caelan, Erix, Ama, Gauntlet, and Pink-Eye had already faced him once before- undoubtedly during the expedition to retrieve the schema for the various competing Houses of Cannith...

Since Gauntlet had already made his move towards making an exit from the Broken Anvil, Xetovia's left hand will have missed its' chance at another free grab towards her fellow Warforged hire. ;)

Dol Durand will help Xetovia retrieve the dropped Poisoned Sand Tube with a left-handed scoop as she crouches down to see what the Kobold body nearest to her had in its' possession.

As for the youthful newcomer that arrived to assist in stopping the Kobolds, Xetovia would have at least offered her thanks for his assistance, if not for the urgent warnings and suggestions given by no less than Lady d'Vown, Gauntlet, and Pink-Eye- in that very order.

Since both Dalaan and Xetovia are both familiar with Pierce, would they have met each other before?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

No, Dalaan and Xetovia have not met each other before.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - City Park

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, Dalaan, & Xetovia - In Other Words All Together!

The Kobolds have little of value, it seems they were either not paid yet or paid and deposited the funds elsewhere.

Lady d'Vown takes her leave quickly as do the rest of you, Dalaan in tow as he was invited. However, plenty of witnesses see you leave and Minotaur are, conspicuous...

Pink-Eye sees no trail of mist or gas following the group.

As Gauntlet looks at the pack, the first thing he finds is a letter.

"My friends,

The object you recovered for me from the ruins beneath Sharn is a schema, a piece of a pattern used to create items both mundane and magical. I have learned that another schema connected to this pattern
was being studied in a secret Cannith workshop in Cyre, called Whitehearth. I wonder if this research is tied to the Day of Mourning?

Regardless, parts of my own house seek this pattern for evil purposes, and I do not know whom to trust. So I turn to you. I need you to travel to Cyre, find the workshop, and recover the second schema.

The location of the workshop was a closely guarded secret lost when the patriarch of House Cannith died in the destruction of Cyre. You must travel to the House Cannith outpost in the town of Rose Quarry, in Darguun, to recover a record of all of Cannith’s hidden workshops.

In Rhukaan Draal, find a man named Failin in the Bloody Market. He can provide you with transport to Rose Quarry. From there, travel into the Mournland to find Whitehearth and the second schema.

It is an adamantine plate in the shape of a diamond, about the size of a human’s palm. Once you have retrieved it, return to Rhukaan Draal, where I will meet you. Succeed, and I will see to it that you are well rewarded for your courage.

Lady E".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet will read the letter to everybody.

"The country of goblins and the country of the dead. Lovely. Seems we're heading for Rhukaan Draal. I am not a expert at traveling. What would be the best way to get there?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

"My cousin and I could attempt to book us passage, either mundanely or possibly via lightning rail." Erix offers, knowing both of them had a favored status among Orien.

"I should also see if our House needs anything or anyone delivered to Rhukaan Draal."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

we can obviously not trust telling anyone where we go or what we do so what ever transportation we arrange should be fast... and discreet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks around the park, hoping no one was around to hear their talk.

"Agreed Pink-eye. However, I do trust Erix and his cousin to do that if they can. They have fought beside us and acquitted themselves well. They have earned my trust in this. Does the lightning rail go all the way to Darguun? That would be less conspicuous I think."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was still rather surprised and a bit shaken from the fight that broke out. While the others discussed options, she listened with half an ear as she pored over a large book with a lock, sheltered by one of the others as out-of-the-way as she could manage without leaving their immediate vicinity.
_____________________________
Ama is memorizing some of her spells for the day. Let me know how many she can manage in the time period of this discussion.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"We can probably arrange carriage travel for locations off the lightning rail," says Caelan as she sheathes his sword. "While the rail did suffer some damage during the War, the House has always been quick to find new ways to travel important routes."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.
GM the Dragon Above wrote:
No, Dalaan and Xetovia have not met each other before.

If Dalaan does mention anything about Pierce to the party as they made their way to the Park, Xetovia will then feel obligated enough to vouch for the lad as fellow associate of Pierce's; even if it is one whom she hasn't met before.

Pierce has always had a knack of finding the strangest folks to help out with things.

If there's anything relevant that Xetovia might've heard about either locales in Darguun...

Know:Local about Rose Quarry or Rhukaan Draal in Darguun: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.

Know:Geogr. about Darguun: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11.

Xetovia, relieved that there will be an opportunity for the party to touch base with Lady d'Vown at a later time, will ask Gauntlet if there's anything else within the pack that might be of help to the party.

"If nothing else, at the very least, we may have to make some quick preparations before we depart to another country."

Even if it is a country filled with uncivilized savages, Silver Flame help us all...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Good point. Full inventory it is! Taking his time, Gauntlet will search the pack fully.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan's sword rattles slightly as he puts it back into the sheath. He rubs his eyes and lets out a hard breath, then says, "Erix and I will go to make the arrangements. How many tickets will we need? Seven?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - City Park

Erix and Caelan know that a House Lyrandar elemental galleon is an alternate, though more expensive, option to overland travel...

Gauntlet opens the bag assuming there is little in it. However, Gauntlet realizes that this is no ordinary backpack but one that contains extra-dimensional spaces!

Center Pocket
• 80 arrows
• 80 bolts
• 50 feet of silk rope
• 7 bedrolls
• 7 waterskins
• 21 days trail rations.

Right Pocket
• 1 everbright lantern
• 1 flint and steel
• 1 healer’s kit
• 5 torches
• 3 sacks.

Left Pocket
• 3 vials of holy water
• 3 potions of cure light wounds
• A tiny rod of blue metal, three inches in length, with
a sapphire embedded at one end
• 1 pouch containing 150 pp
• 1 casket containing 500 gp
• A letter of credit for House Orien and House Lyrandar
to cover passage to Rhukaan Draal!

Ama, reads her spellbook as the rest of her allies discuss the next steps to tackle the request of Lady E. Unless they pry you away, you can study as long as you like.

Xetovia is unable to recall anything about Darguun.

I PM'd Dalaan to chime in when he had a moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

So can we assume this is a Handy Haversack?

Smiling inwardly, since he could not do so outwardly, Gauntlet will hand the letter of credit to the Orien cousins.

"There's our transport money. Let's grab the fastest transport you can arrange."

He will then pull out and look at the blue metal rod.

"What have we here?"

Spellcraft): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

that is a very handy sack we seem to have been given. Inside it seems to not end. I am glad we will have expedient transportation. I will have a letter delivered to my employer stating I will be out of town on emergency for some time.

Pink eye will hire a courier service and have a letter drafted explaining that he has to leave town for a time as he has had a lead on his father.

401 to 450 of 944 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.