Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


751 to 800 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix can't help but chuckle, "My cousin and I are scions of Orien. We'll attempt to put in a good word for you, though it would help knowing why you were exiled from our House in the first place." He says, pointing at Caelan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

using an open spell slot I will grab summon monster and put sonething next to the rope from a distance to loosen and remove it from the horses


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Failin pauses for a moment, clearly taken aback. He then opens his mouth and closes it once more looking at both d'Orien's in turn, "My apologies for not recognizing either of you, it's been some time since I've been outside of this land.

I was caught smuggling, well, running a smuggling ring for the Kobold to whom I still owe money. Bring me out with you and allow me to assist you in pleading my case and I will do my best to aid you in this endeavor you ave undertaken. Though I still do need the balance of teh gold to pay my debts, the reach of that Kobold in particular is log indeed".

---

Right now or post convo with Failin Pink-Eye?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Quite all right; the mark's on my shoulder, under my armor," says Caelan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

post convo when the group is ready


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

"I can try my best, as I'm sure Caelan will as well. That's about the best we can promise. Of course, if we're successful here, that will certainly help a lot."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian, not officially a part of their mission, keeps quiet on the periphery of the group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama had paused her studying to listen to the discussion, since the use of her magic was not strictly necessary at this point. While she knew little about the area, there was likely a fair bit of academic knowledge that she had run across, if her memory could be jogged a bit. She was certainly happy to avoid a fight, as any day with the threat of death avoided was a good one, as far as she was concerned.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet pipes up again, a slight tenor change offers some worry in his voice.

"While I hesitate to put aside fighting our way through, but I must remind you all, especially if you are unaware: With any confrontation we have, there is also the unnatural effects of the Mournland to worry about. Natural healing in most living creatures is suppressed. Magical healing works fine as far as I know, but regular rest won't aid you any. I don't heal like you and have to repair myself anyway if I get harmed, so this is not something I'm too worried about myself at the moment. Something to keep in mind if a confrontation feels inevitable?"


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

With Gauntlet's spoken warning about most natural healing being suppressed out here in this Flame-forsakened Mournland, Xetovia decides that it would be best of give voice to her earlier thoughts on ways to avoid a confrontation with the Karrnathi blockade.

"Perhaps we could still find a way to avoid that inevitable confrontation. I've been trying to think up of some ways that we could get past that group of Karrnathi within the Rose Quarry without getting into a fight; by my own reckoning, they've gathered quite a number of horses near their encampment. If we could somehow sneak past those sentries of their's, cut through the tethers that hold their mounts together, and do something to cause a massive stampede... most likely those Karrnathi would likely be focused more upon getting back their mounts rather than trying to prevent us from going past them, Silver Flame willing."

"It still wouldn't prevent them from possibly attempting to track us down at a later date but I suspect that Failin's Magical Wagon could put some distance between us and them...'"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looks the group over and says I can summon something that will spook the horses and be able to get them running loose. After this with that chaos I believe we should attack them and remove them from this place as what ever they are doing isn't good for us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"All right... we'll just have to fight smarter."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

"So we attack? I have no problem removing some Blood of Vol, or their servants, from Eberron."

He then starts checking his Crossbow, making sure the string is taut and the quarrel is loaded properly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridan takes a small step forward, "If you don't mind, who or what are the Blood of Vol? I would like to know who we are going to kill if I have the option to do so before the killing begins."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks at the scale-covered humanoid.

"They are worshipers of undeath. A 'cult' as it is often called. Right or wrong, they are often very underhanded in their dealings with anyone they consider their enemy, and use undead monsters of various sorts for both shock troops and leaders alike I believe. Unless I'm mistaken? I was only given an overview of them when I was in the war. I think they mostly avoid Sharn since I have never encountered them there during my life there so far. However, I am only a few years old in construction and have not seen every part of Sharn yet either."

He then goes back to checking his crossbow.

Is that too much info? I'm not trying to meta here, the Blood are fairly well known I thought.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Seeing that the conversation was turning towards a potential engagement, Ama returned her attention back to her book, having forgotten the tidbit of advice that was given by Gauntlet. It was slightly difficult to keep studying, with that facet of information in mind. While that information was something she had read about during a part of her research, she did not expect to be going there in her lifetime, and had put it out of her mind until now.

Nervous, she continued to memorize the magic, and regain her focus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

---

@ Gauntlet perfect! :-)

---

Failin swears, "Alright, I'll take it.

Damn Cannith and their games.

The village of Rose Quarry belonged to Cyre before the war. Now it lies within Darguul territory. Originally, House Cannith prospectors established the village when they found a massive vein of red marble. Cannith brought in dwarves from the Mror Holds to mine and excavate the marble. Anywhere you see Cannith architecture, you may find Rose marble—Sharn, Flamekeep, Korth, even Rhukaan Draal—half the red stone in Khorvaire probably comes from the quarry.

Whitehearth was a Cannith research facility probably before, and certainly during, the Last War. The facility's location was not exactly a secret but was not commonly known.

I know this because I've met a number of "adventurer's" over the past year that tried to hire me to go into the Mournland and find the damn place. Not enough gold was ever offered to get me to wander aimlessly around those ruins to find what is probably a facility full of danger in its own right.

I'll bet that your employer suspects, or knows, that the Rose Quarry has some sort of key to finding the facility. After all, building the facility and repairing it after failed experiments required marble from the Quarry.

So, going around is't an option, you'll need to get in this place and find the key or follow these agents to it. The fact that they are still here infers they've not yet found the key".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian's shocked look fades quickly, "Worshipers of undeath? I will, indeed, be satisfied to stand against them."


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Inwardly heartened that several of her fellow compatriots hold some very rightful views in regards to the abomination known as the Blood of Vol, Xetovia adds, "With what Failin has already mentioned about the importance of this Rose Quarry area to these Vol-Worshipping Filth, I've certainly no objection to ridding this place of their unholy presence, Flame forgive me. A stampede by all of their horses should serve quite nicely to help us ambush their forces while they're in such a disarray then."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Time to stop flapping our gums and start using our actions to cast spells and beat heads on these unnatural scum sucking vermin.

Pink Eye says and then adds after

May Balinor have mercy upon them, for I shall surely not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet looks at Pink-Eye curiously then shrugs.

"Gums? Flapping? I'm unsure what you are referring to...as I have no such things."

He then turns and moves to gain a more advantageous position to fire his crossbow from.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Failin puts his hands up, "Hey, I'm a trader, not a fighter. I'll let you all handle this one. Assuming you get in and get out, I'll drive us in my vehicle where we need to go in the Mournlands, especially with the deal you are offering me but I need to live for you all to get there so I'm staying up here".

OK, So Pink-Eye will summon a creature to untie the ropes of the Horses. Then what? Give ma a rough idea of who wants to do what. Remember, the object is to explore the Quarry but you are right now outnumbered by the Cultists.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Depending on how the party wants to make their ambush, Xetovia would be fine with using either ranged or melee attacks. Should we try to pick off those who would chase after the horses or should we concentrate on any guards still standing by the tents?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Thinking, Gauntlet pipes up again.

"Once the horses are untied, I can move ahead with my crossbow, taking out targets I can see and being obvious. The enemies should then focus their attention on me once they start getting organized. You guys can then help take out the enemies as they appear to stop me, from range. I am fairly resilient, and I can more easily defend myself from shorter range anyway. I'm also the slowest here, so you following me should be fairly easy for all of you to keep up, regardless of terrain. I guess I'm offering to be the 'bait' as it were."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

I will move with you Gauntlet down the middle. Take out their archers and casters. We will take their melee unless the start to out number us then take them out as they come


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian flexes her claws, "I can bring a mist to conceal us, I can cause myself to move rather fast, and I can summon fire and force to attack them at range. How can I best contribute?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Hey Shadow, would it be alright if before we headed out to the quarry, I did a bit o shopping? I had intended to earlier, but then things got a little rocky with your games, and I ended up forgetting.

I had wanted to buy a +1 scorpion whip, as well as some alchemical weapons like thunderstones and tanglefoot bags.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

a mist to conceal us if things go bad and fire into their casters and archers to keep them off of us would be great!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Sounds good. I'll keep to cover and move to engage as the opportunity presents," says Caelan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

tDA ONLY:
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

---

Purchases approved Erix! Just mark down the Gold.

---

Pink-Eye, have your Summoned Creature make a stealth check upon arrival. There is a guardian amidst the horses that the group cannot see from its current vantage point that the summoned creature will need to foil before your plan can be successfully put into motion!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

dire rat it is. Can it get through the rope in two rounds?

dire rat stealth +11: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian removes her cloak, folding it neatly and stowing it in the wagon. Her studded leather armor glinting dully in the dim light as she began to roll her shoulders to loosen her muscles, the motions vaguely reminiscent of a cat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

His loaded heavy crossbow as ready as its going to be, Gauntlet starts moving toward the enemy camp with Pink-Eye.

"Keep up with my slower pace, we can watch each other's backs more easily. However, if things get too dangerous,I expect you to leave me behind if you need to do so. I will eventually follow one way or another, otherwise we should push on without stopping until they are all dead. We risk them talking to their superiors of our interest here."

Holding for Pink-Eye summoning his Dire Rat? I think that's our signal to move and begin the slaughter.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

"The ability to summon fire at a distance could also prove to be a very effective means to cause those horses to stampede away once Pink-Eye's summons has dealt with the ropes tethering their mounts together.", Xetovia adds thoughtfully to Meridian whilst the Thranish Vampire Hunter draws out the potion of Shield of Faith- after getting her Tube Arrow Shooter loaded up with one arrow, of course.

Xetovia took the time to load up that shooter so that it has a tube arrow ready to shoot forth, as needed, with the shooter in one hand and potion in the other.

As Gauntlet gets ready to move out, Xetovia says, "May the Silver Flame light our way to fortune and victory.", in a more reverent tone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

the rat is at the ropes. Let's see if he can chew the main tether stealthily. Let's move into position


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Meridian makes a vague throwing gesture, "It is more of an attack at range than summoning the fire from a distance. It should still do the job, however. Pink Eye, let me know when your creature has completed its task."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Ready. Moving my standard 20 speed pace. Effective Range to first target?

Gauntlet starts moving forward slowly, crossbow armed and angled toward any visible enemies he can see.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Time passes slowly as the rat presumably works it way through ropes tethering the horses. The horses remain calm through the process or at least there is no effect form its presence that the party can see.

The mounts are well trained, even with the the tethers likely chewed through its now been three rounds they remain unmoving. Pink-Eye believes that by now his summoned friend has returned to the ether from whence it was summoned.

The guards below mill about at the entranceway they watch the road to the Quarry with great interest obviously alerted by the earlier attempt at diplomacy.

The party is now ready for action!

Meridian, do you want to set off a fire spell near the horses to get the stampede going? Assume that you all had 3 rounds to buff as you see fit. I'll have you hold for now Gauntlet then move. Remember to go down the Quarry is rough terrain so it will hamper movement and its a sharp decline. The soldiers are about 120' from the group at the moment and most have some cover from the ruins. I think the idea is for them to vacate and chase as there are more here than your group are currently observing down there based on the number of horses present!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

What is the distance to the horse lines?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Meridian Anterian wrote:
What is the distance to the horse lines?

About 230' from your current position.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

The entire group will receive a bless spell from Pink Eye right before he and Gauntlet depart while they are all together

Bless +1 to hit


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Thanks, Pink-Eye."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

"I will have to be much closer to the horses to scare them with fire..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

I PM'ed Ama to see if she has any spells that can assist. I will BOT PCs tonight to move us along if she does not respond by then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

let's get in range then


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

The Rose Quarry - Twenty Seventh Day of Dravago

Stealth checks to get in range to cause the stampede, I checked Ama's spell list, short of Magic Missile whose origin would reveal the party's position, she has no otehr long range spells that would be useful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

I could shoot a horse, but that feels unnecessarily cruel for some reason and not likely to panic all the horses at once. Anybody got an alchemt's fire?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dragon-Touched (Brass) Warlock 4 [HP 40/40 | AC 18/13/15, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +8; Perception +10 | Spells: (4/5 | 3/3)]

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

guidance


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet sighs, an odd sound from a creature that does not breathe.

Stealth(Unskilled): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

751 to 800 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.