Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


51 to 100 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Ah, Mickey! There you are! Bluth said that you would be here! And that today was a good day for you to have ale and companions to drink it with! I see that you have both at hand!"


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix chuckles, lightly "No charge for the delivery to the Vista-View Feasthall as I have to go there myself."

He accepts the packages and makes his to the first drop, before heading to the Vista View.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

"Anyone here members of Dragonmarked Houses? Which ones?"


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet turns at the announced question from Artival. If a Warforged could sweat and look nervous, then he
does as he slowly looks around at all the faces to see responses.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr leans back, observing the flow of the revelers around him. As he seeks a seat near the fantatsic walls, he notices an oddness...something at his belt does not feel right. He casually pats himself, checking his belongings...dagger, belt pouch, the reassuring clink of a coin purs...reassuring clink...

Viorr's face loses it's casual smile and goes carefully blank. His coin purse is gone. Every coin he had.

His eyes flick around the room, searching the floor, the bar, visually retracing his steps through the hall, hoping against hope that he had merely carelessly dropped it.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Ama - Sharn Library

With Bonal is tow, you reach the back of the Library asking another assistant along the way to watch over the front desk in your stead.

A soft knock at his office door brings the Head Librarian to the door, "Ah Ama and Professor Geldem? What brings you here from Morgrave?" Atiel gestures you both in to sit in the comfortable chairs placed in front of his desk.

"I seek a few tomes, The Pre-History of House Cannith, a treatise by Alder d'Cannith, Schema: Functions and Origins and House Cannith and the War of the Mark, A Guide to their Innovations and Inventions. These are Tomes that Morgrave does not possess, they are one of a kind writings donated here but referenced in other materials. However, it seems that you checked these books out several months ago according to your records".

Atiel purses his lips and turns to a ledger on the side of his desk. He flips through it and a look of dismay comes across his face. "I do not remember taking the books nor do I have them written here in my personal ledger, are you sure I checked the out Ama?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Artival, Caelan, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Viorr - Inside the Vista-View Festhall

Artival

Mickey grins, "A good take, from the Last War? I think the nobility and the Houses have all the good tales there truth be told, most of us o the lines got glory while the gold went elsewhere, no offense to yer house, Deneith blood was spilt on many sides to be sure.

Before I tell ya a tale let's see if anyone else has one. An no wait, I've got one". He then calls to Viorr.

Viorr

You are unable to see the coin purse, if you dropped it, it seems that you did so outside of the establishment.

Mickey waves you over, "Come on over my friend. Have a drink and hear my tale!"

Gauntlet

No one seems to have noticed your nervousness, likely because your body language as a Warforged is not easy to read.

Caelan

You see Viorr attempting to retace his steps as if he is looking for something.

Pink-Eye

Dolom places his hand upon his chin considering your question, "Yer father was a man of action not words. He did not talk much about home. He did mention he had a little 'un back home. Look like that little got big eh?! When the war ended he never aid where he was goin' just shook hands with all the company and took his leave, same way he walked in, he walked out".

---------------------------------------------

Erix - Just Outside the Vista-View Festhall

You arrive at the festhall just as a another small group of humans arrives, five in all wearing the colors of the Fire Talons.

Do you follow them in?


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold- Sharn Library

GM the Dragon Above wrote:


Atiel purses his lips and turns to a ledger on the side of his desk. He flips through it and a look of dismay comes across his face. "I do not remember taking the books nor do I have them written here in my personal ledger, are you sure I checked the out Ama?"

Her curiosity piqued by this turn of events, she responded promptly. "Unless there was another individual with access to this library with the same name, sir." It was not outside the realm of possibility, especially with the number of individuals that made use of the library. It could have been more likely that someone working under the Head Librarian may have checked it out with his Authorization. She said as much. "Perhaps someone you were working with at the time checked it out under your authority?"


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye listens intently to all the dwarf has to say and then says in return it is more then I knew of him before this day, thank you. I will sit and wait until the end of the night and perhaps he will still show up. with that he moves and takes a seat and has some honey mead if available.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Seeing no one speak up about being a d'Cannith house member, Gauntlet invisibly relaxes and finally notices Viorr again,
acting strangely this time. He approaches the swordsman carefully, estimating his prowess with his chosen weapons to be considerable.

"Sir Viorr? Is something amiss?? Did...did you lose something?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan pauses, then says, "I'm from the Orien family." He spots Gauntlet and his brow furrows momentarily, but his attention is diverted by Viorr looking for something.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Artival nodded at the dwarf. "You are right, friend dwarf. Our House's blood was indeed spread on all sides of the battlefield. It's no secret that we are honorable business folk. Once we are retained to assist, we see our duty through all right. Even if that leads to conflict. Can't be prevented I suppose.". The human was noticeably interested in the Minotaur and the talk about his father. Two bull men in one place? That would be amazing to see, he thought as he watched the hulking brute.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold[b]

Ama - Sharn Library

Atiel shakes his head in disagreement, [b]"No, whoever checked these books out was posing as me but why would someone do that? I cannot remember a time when this has ever happened before. I fact the only person who could check these particular tomes out would be me as they are restricted due to their rarity.

What is it you are working on Professor Geldem?"

Geldem frowns, "I do not wish to say at the moment based on these troubling events".

Atiel nods in understanding, "Well spend the day here looking through the stack Ama will help you, perhaps they were returned and not catalogued properly. In the meantime, I will investigate this disturbing possibility".

Make a Knowledge Check ANY to see if the search with the Professor turns up any of these Tomes or other useful Tomes.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Artival, Caelan, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Viorr - Inside the Vista-View Festhall

The place erupts as six members of the Fire Talons show up at once!

Blunnor Windvale, Gruth Dreamtaker, Leor-Viohpuf Sakrevruehk, Gideh Vehpad, Foodjimzoom Tralbernumze, and Drorlod Tryedirni.

Their presence makes it difficult to get Mickey P or Dolom alone for a one on one conversation.

Continue the excellent RP, On Tuesday, I will advance us along to the beginning of the first scene.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - Sharn Library

GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Atiel nods in understanding, "Well spend the day here looking through the stack— Ama will help you, perhaps they were returned and not catalogued properly. In the meantime, I will investigate this disturbing possibility."

K.(Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Ama gave a nod at the obvious dismissal, and turned to usher the perturbed professor from the office. Once they were in the hallway, she did what she could to offer some reassurance with a pleasant smile. "It is entirely possible that they were not catalogued properly. Often, younger students are sent here to work, and their efforts are not as.. Thorough as their betters." There were a few workers that came in that seemed like they did their level best to undo the system they had running, despite professing not to, and it still annoyed Ama, leading her to wonder what they were learning in some of these classes.

Once they reached the front desk again, Ama settled herself and got to work. "One of the things that we can look for is whether or not the individual that checked it in was trained in the arcane." The cantrip was cast with a delicate wave of one hand over the logbooks, making the magic visible to her eyes. "Professor, if you have similar training, a spell to notice any magics cast would let you see what I am looking for." She reopened the logs to the pages where the books were listed, to see if the individual that had checked them in had placed their Arcane Mark on them when they were received. If they had, they would be able to cut down on the books that they would have to check.
______________________________
Spells Prepared:
0th: Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Light
1st: Endure Elements


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Hey! At last the party can really get started!" says Caelan with a bit of jocularity. He claps Mickey on the shoulder and backs away so that the festive reunion can get underway.

To Viorr he turns and says, "Did you drop something?"


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Artival headed to get a fresh drink. As rowdy as the place was becoming with all the new arrivals, the chances at conversation were becoming nonexistent. If Mickey hadnt have already been here, he'd have probably ducked out at this time, but he waited to watch the festivities a while longer.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"I wonder if I have...my coin purse seems to have gone a-walking..." The elf's manner is puzzled, rather than suspicious or accusatory.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
Viorr wrote:
"I wonder if I have...my coin purse seems to have gone a-walking..." The elf's manner is puzzled, rather than suspicious or accusatory.

"Of course. That does seem to happen sometimes unfortunately. Luckily for you all the food and drink are free for the reunion!"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Artival, Caelan, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Viorr, Erix - Inside the Vista-View Festhall

As the day progresses more veterans of the group arrive to share stories, good ale, and probably not enough food considering the drunken condition of most of those in attendance.

Noticeably absent is Red Horn, Pink Eyes father though by the end of the event Pink Eye has been called Red Horn so many times he has a hard time convincing anyone he isn't Red Horn.

Viorr's coin purse never does turn up. Erix - Caelan's "cousin" arrives to deliver a package to Mickey P which he places on the bar seeming to pay little attention to it.

Before you all know it, day has turned to night and the veterans of the Fire Talons take their leave, leaving all of you behind.

Mickey P turns back to the bar, "Oh by the Sovereign, the package! Oi, I need to get this up to an address near the Kelsa Spire, tell you all what, I am too damn drunk to do this and too damn content. I'll pay ye all 10 gold marks a piece to deliver for me, what do you say? You too Gauntlet, live a little!"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Ama - Sharn Library

Ama and the Professor work all day and finally discover that indeed someone did sign Atiel's name in the logs that day and the signature has small anomalies from his normal signature. The tomes themselves are nowhere to be found.

Professor Geldem seems frustrated until you find the signature, "Ah excellent work my dear! I am no mage but I have a friend who could cast a spell on the ink of the register and perhaps divine information from it. Care to take a trip to the University? You helped me reveal this mystery do you not wish to see it through?"


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

"House Deneith will never turn down a proper deal. being slightly buzzed shouldn't disqualify us, should it? For 10 gold, Mickey, I'm in. What is the package, and where are we taking it?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Artival, Caelan, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Viorr, Erix - Inside the Vista-View Festhall

"Nah buzzed'll do. Don't know what it is, guessin' a book or something. In the University District is a Professor, Geldum, Geldarn some such, this is for him".

Mickey turns to Pink-Eye, "Sorry your dad didn't show pal, don't give up hope, maybe you'll find him someday, in the meantime make some good coin and join my friends here for an easy run".


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Moving back to Mickey, Gauntlet places a heavy hand on the older man's thin shoulder.

Too frail these humans.

"Live a little? I am already ALIVE Micky...Of course, you mean take chances and have an 'adventure'? Well, I'm sure delivering
your package to the Spire will be a 'Hoot' as you would say. Will you be okay getting home on your own then, or will you just
collapse and sleep here until they kick you out?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"No need, Micky, you know I'm happy to help you out," says Caelan, waving off the promise of payment with a smile. "Besides, you put on quite a party. Least I can do."


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Red horn is not the worse thing he has ever been called and by the end plof the night he has grown fond of these men and their easy comraderie, so Pink eye nods and agrees to escort the package for ten gold, what could go wrong, he thinks...


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Sorry, on vacation, and was busy all weekend

Erix walks inside the Feasthall Was I given a name and/or description of who I'm making the drop to? and looks around, trying to see if he spots his contact. If I know who I am making to drop, to, I'll do that first. House duties before anything else


Shadow's Status
Erix d'Orien wrote:

Sorry, on vacation, and was busy all weekend

Erix walks inside the Feasthall Was I given a name and/or description of who I'm making the drop to? and looks around, trying to see if he spots his contact. If I know who I am making to drop, to, I'll do that first. House duties before anything else

The package was claimed by Mickey who is paying the group far too much coin to deliver it to its next destination, see my post from 10:18 above.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

The elf shrugs, with a crooked half-smile. "Apparently, I am now in need of coin! I will happily go along."


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - Sharn Library

GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Professor Geldem seems frustrated until you find the signature, "Ah excellent work my dear! I am no mage but I have a friend who could cast a spell on the ink of the register and perhaps divine information from it. Care to take a trip to the University? You helped me reveal this mystery— do you not wish to see it through?"

Thoughtful, Ama nodded– mostly out of stubbornness– agreeing with the Professor, since this whole affair has piqued her curiosity. "You have been fine company, sir", she said with a smile. "It would be a shame to miss out on the conclusion of such a mystery. My shift here is completed for the day, and this has garnered my interest. Pray tell, lead the way."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Now a bit suspicious, Caelan checks his pockets, then gives a rueful laugh. "It seems you weren't the only victim of circumstance, my friend!" he says to Viorr. He finishes the glass of wine in his hand and says to the elf, "On the up side, if we ever formed a mercenary company or suchlike, we have a ready-made name for the group: The Penniless Band!" He puts the empty glass to the side and says, "Onward! Er, where was this package going, again?"


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold

Mickey P replies to Caelan either tired or a bit drunk likely both, "University District, near the Kelsa Spire. Professor Bedlam or some such".

Artival, Caelan, Gauntlet, Pink-Eye, Viorr, Erix - University District

Of course as luck would have it, the minute you walk out the door the skies open and it starts to pour.

Your group takes a series of lifts to University District, the combination of thievery, drink, and general lack of familiarity keeps the discourse to small talk.

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground, forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rainfalls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than a few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of everbright lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this warm, wet evening.

Finally, after what seems like and is! a very long trip through the city you have nearly arrived at your destination near the Kelsa Spire.

Perception DC 13:
As you approach a bridge to cross over to the spire you see a young woman turn around seemingly confused.

Perception DC 18:
You also notice that a body is prone laying on the bridge next to the disoriented woman.


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District

Ama ONLY

As you exit the Library, the weather which was fine all day turns foul as rain begins to cascade down onto the city.

Despite the poor weather the Professor is an engaging conversationalist. Soon enough you arrive with him at the University District crossing over a skybridge between Dalannan Tower and the Kelsa Spire, "My colleague lives nearby, just a few apartments down from me. Once we retrieve the scroll I know he must have laying around, we can head to my place, put on some tea and use that scroll!" he states excitedly.

As you turn to reply he grunts in pain and staggers forward.

Perception DC 13:
You see immediately that spots of blood have landed on the skybridge, someone has attacked the Professor!

Perception DC 16:
As you spin around trying to determine what just took place you see a group approaching your position on the skybridge consisting of what appear to be four men, one Warforged, and a towering Minotaur!

Perception DC 19:
You spot a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge just behind you. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the everbright lanterns, preferring to stay to the shadows. The figure quickly reaches the railing of the skybridge, then slips over the barrier and disappears into the darkness and the rain.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Turning to the others Gauntlet points and speaks up first.

"There appears to be a lady on the bridge ahead. She looks lost?"


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye spots the body on the ground next to the woman and calls out in alarm there is a body at her feet and with that he dashes up drawinf his battle axe from its back sheath (scary, huh)


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Perc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Eyes full of rain, Viorr has to take his comapnions' words for it...


Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

just a neighborly dot since we are staying in the thread right next to this one :) so that i can get auto update


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"... what the... ?" Caelan says querulously. "Dammit, I'm dressed for a party, not a mugging." His hand goes to the dagger at his unarmored belt.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Artival didn't notice anything untowards in the pouring rain. He was able to see the Minotaur spring into action, and decided to follow it, listening to it bellow about a body ahead. He had to follow up on that at the very least.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Engaged in the conversation, Ama moved to catch the professor as he staggered, not anticipating the sudden movement and doing an abysmal job at attempting to take his weight, potentially leading to the two of them falling. "Professor?", she asked with a bit of strain and panic, realizing that she was not going to be able to hold him up.
__________________
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - the Seventh Day of Dravago - One Day Away from the Two Year Anniversary of the Treaty of Thronehold - University District - All Together Now - The Bloody Bridge

Pink-Eye draws his axe from his sheathe and rushes to the scene. With the pouring rain Ama cannot see a thing and is shocked as the Professor falls forward.

Initiative:

Viorr 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Artival 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Ama 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Pink – Eye 1d20 ⇒ 3
Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Ama does hear bellowing from behind and sees a 7' Minotaur charging at her from across the skybridge, "There is a body at her feet!" Ama is smart enough to know that by "her" the monster means her!

Round 1 - Order
(1) Caelan, Artival, and Viorr,
(2) Ama,
(3) Erix, Gauntlet, and Pink-Eye


Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Perception

"Wait a sec! She doesn't seem too sure of where she is. Don't attack her just yet!!"

That being said, Erix does unfurl his whip, just in case.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Sensing possible danger, Gauntlet un-clouds his mind and pictures an enormous two-handed blade, 'wrapping' his hands
around the nothingness that then becomes something.

Bits of shadow, dust, and similar things that can only be interpreted by the eye rather than seen, seem to gather suddenly
around Gauntlet and coalesce into a warrior's enormous two-handed sword in his outstretched metal hands.
The blade is a dull-black and does not shine like normal metal.

Spending 3 Pool points to summon a +1 Two-Handed Sword Mindblade.

Trying to decide where his blade is needed, if at all, Gauntlet steps forward slowly to the closer end of the bridge
trying to understand more of what is happening.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

Viorr moves forward, drifting to the side a bit, and frees his double-blade from its back-sheath, through he does not move it into a threatening guard position just yet.


"The Chimera" | Monk 1 | AC14/14/12 | HP 13/13 | F+3,R+4,W+4 (+2 vs. Enchantment spells and effects) | Init+2 | Perc+6 | SenseMotive+8 | House Deneith

As Artival closed to the scene, he kept an eye out as he tried to find out exactly what was happening.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

He double moves toward the fallen figure.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Seeing the others arriving with what looked to be a very large Minotaur in tow and set on attacking, she flung her left hand up, tracing a line between the advancing group and herself. "No!!" As she did, she was tapping into the school ring that had been on her finger since she had graduated from the Arcanix. The ring was more than just a symbol of her studies at the time— by now, she she had invested part of her energies into it. The blue stone set into the crest that was the ring's face shone as those energies were taken, shaped, and used.

Along the path of her hand that had been swept between the approaching group and herself along with Professor Geldem, a thin sheen of ice frosted the walkway, a slight deterrent to those approaching if their intent was what the minotaur seemed to be implying. "Professor! Professor! Can you get up? Please?"
_______________________________________
If possible, the ice (Grease, stylistically reflavored), will stretch to span the walkway between them (4 squares), under the foremost person of the group.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink Eye will cast stabilize on the downed man from thirty feet out and then growl and attempt to cross the frozen slicked stones saying You harm that man any further and I will snap every bone in your body, girl. You better be trying to help

not my poor reflex save!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

And with that Pink Eye falls flat on his face with a solid thud.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

"You're the one advancing with an axe, how is that 'helping'?!", she shouted back in reply, preparing to try to pick the Professor up and— who was she kidding, she could not carry the Professor on her best day. She was stuck on a walkway, with someone that she could not carry, while an armed minotaur advanced on her. Her spell bought some time but her options were slim to none.

'That spell that he had cast was probably... Oh.' She took a look at Professor Geldem, before realizing that she may have overreacted.
_________________________
Taking 10 on Spellcraft yields 18, enough to recognize the orison for what it was. That's all that she can do in one pass, I'd say, though.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Caelan advances on the scene cautiously. As he approaches he says, "What happened to that man? Does he have any visible injuries?" He glances around at the motley assemblage. "Does anyone know him?"

51 to 100 of 944 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.