Eberron - Echoes of the Past (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

The Rose Quarry - Table I

Perception Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative Table I:

Xetovia [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Erix [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Ama [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Pink – Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Caelan [dice] 1d20+2[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.


351 to 400 of 944 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Shadow's Status

Nyalan pauses and nods to Gauntlet, "Will do. I'll throw in my 2 copper, talk to these people. You need all the allies you can get down here. Good luck gentlemen".

He accepts the payment from Erix mark off the gold and heads back through the tunnel you all entered in.


Init +7, fort+5 Rfx +6 Will 0. hp 32/32 two-blade+7(1d8+3/19-20x2) or 2 at +5/+5 (d8+2,d8+1) cg Elf fighter (2-wpn) 4

"Well, we paid for his guidance and advice. I say we talk to them. At best, allies. At worst..."

He tries not to look too excited aboout 'at worst'.


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet nods in agreement, but says no more. The matter was decided as far as he was concerned.


Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Ama was looking back and forth during the discussion to see what direction their thoughts were going to go in, and once the decision seems to be that they would talk to them, she sighed, folding her arms. "Seeing as I am the only one of us that has dealt with them before, you have effectively nominated me to approach them first."

She was thinking rapidly, trying to consider possible outcomes from their approach and whether or not she would be capable of dealing with their results on her own, but all of her conclusions were saying that they needed to be there as a group. The others that she had dealt with did not seem too bad— though she was uncertain about Carduus— so it had a high likelihood of ending positively. This group seemed just as likely to not start any altercation, so there was that, at least. She was also intrigued by the market, and definitely curious, since this was something that she knew nothing about.

Taking a couple steps towards the other group, she looked back at the one she was with. "Shall we?"


Shadow's Status

The Forgotten Forge

Folks, go ahead and migrate to the DISCUSSION THREAD of this Campaign. The I/C thread assumes a certain starting point that we have yet to reach so I don't want there to be any confusion. Thanks!


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Just to be accurate...you mean the Recruitment thread? Or the ACTUAL Discussion thread...which is the second table's normal thread?


Shadow's Status

Just follow the link above and post there, not in the Gameplay thread there :-)


Shadow's Status

As Ama approaches the half-elf whose name she remembers as Taryn gives her a friendly nod...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Hey.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

SO ENDS THE FORGOTTEN FORGE

AND SO BEGINS THE SHADOWS OF THE LAST WAR


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

There is MUCH rejoicing!

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Werehare Inquisitive 3/ Seeker 3/ Bard 3

yaaaaaaaaay


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hp 16/16 AC 18 / T 15 / FF 13 (-1 Perc; +4 Init; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2)

DM can you put me as inactive on that other thread ? and do you need out shopping list ?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Beylinda Chumana wrote:
DM can you put me as inactive on that other thread ? and do you need out shopping list ?

I will be marking the other thread inactive as of tomorrow. Only if you are going to spend a substantial amount of gold on a purchase of a magical item.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - House Orien Apartment - Upper Ward

Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Besides picking up the fruits of you labors just yesterday, the d'Orien cousins have found themselves in the company of the outspoken and quite frankly fascinating Xetovia servant of the Silver Flames. Something about those old war stories being told at the Fest Hall has brought the tree of you together for the past few days, Caelan and Xetovia and Erix sharing their stories of the Last War both wonderful and terrible.

A knock at the front door of the apartment breaks the reverie...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - House Cannith

Pink-Eye

After waiting in the park for your now former comrades, you receive a missive from Mickey P. that he has no current jobs lined up and that seeking employment with the Cannith seems to be the way to go for now.

You do just that and after a walk through one of the most posh wards of the city, you know what it feels like to be in a zoo. Never have you had so many gawk at you as you walked by. The Seneschal of House Cannith was quite courteous and told you that you were expected.

Guard duty at the front gates wasn't exactly what you had in mind. However, it's easy money, 1 gold per day. With that kind of payday soon enough you would have the money to hire a solid inquisitive to aid in the quest for finding your father.

On just the second day of duty, a messenger of House Sivis approaches you, "This may be a silly question Sir but are you the Minotaur known as Pink-Eye?"

Pink-Eye:
I approve of your PMed purchases.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye looms down at the fellow for a moment and says yes, I am the minotaur known as Pink Eye, what can I do for you?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Which is our discussion tab again?

Erix enjoyed spending time with the rather intriguing Xetovia, despite his general dislike of the Silver Flame. It leaned a bit too much towards the fanatical side for his liking.

At night, he roamed the streets as his 'other' persona, keeping watch over those in his neighborhood, and occasionally stopping a minor crime or two.

When the knock came, he went to the door, and peered through the spy-hole, but does not say anything just yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

After thinking about how things went overall, Gauntlet decides shopping and a mild upgrade is in order! Searching out an Artificer he trusts, he pays the expert to install a new warforged component in his left arm. This takes a day or so, but then he'd worry more if it did not.

Afterward, he head's back to Mickey's place. As he was afraid of, Mickey had already put a good dent in his new monetary gains, drinking himself unconscious yet again.

Silently and gently, Gauntlet picks up the man from his desk covered in papers, and carries him to his bed. He then spends the rest of the night and most of the next morning cleaning Mickey's place spotless and keeping Mickey comfortable.

Once done, he merely sits down to wait, even though he's not really tired. Mickey hates to wake up and see Gauntlet standing in a corner. So the warforged goes out of his way to make the older soldier more comfortable by sitting rather than standing at 'parade rest' all day. He accepts several missives and letters for Mickey throughout the day, but leaves them unopened and unread on the old mule-skinner's desk's overflowing 'in' box. The man claims to 'have a system' although Gauntlet has never managed to learn to fathom it completely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Mikey P's Humble Abode

Gauntlet aids Mickey over the next few days, (when he is not busy with the Artificer Dexter Quigley) keping Mickey as sober as possible when all that Gold and Platinum is burning a hole in his pocket.

In the early morning on the fourteenth there is a rapping on the front door. Mickey is sleeping off the effects of the past few days leaving you as the only one awake to answer it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Ama's Home

The barter for the graft went easily enough, your former boss really came through. You incorporate the graft over the next few days and are getting used to it when in the early morning there is a knock upon your door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status
Erix d'Orien wrote:
Which is our discussion tab again?

The Recruitment Thread in this Campaign is the Discussion thread for both parties/tables.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

When it had finally came time to exit the Festhall, Xetovia said her farewells to those that did not choose to escort Lady d'Vown back to her inn. To both d'Orien Cousins, Xetovia also made mention of where she was currently staying at in addition to her farewells (the same with Dev, Tool-Box, and possibly even Lady d'Vown, since she had known them the longest out of all the Festhall attendees).

@GM the Dragon Above: Would there be any low-cost Silver Flame church dormitories or locales that Xetovia could have stayed at during her time in Sharn?

@Caelan: I'm guessing that Caelan would feel more comfortable talking over about His and Xetovia's past meeting with Erix? And would Caelan have made any mention of his sleeping problems during these past few days with Erix and/or Xetovia? If so, Xetovia might've offered to give prayers or an honest attempt at religious counseling upon Caelan's behalf- not that she'd be all that successful at it (proselytizing isn't one of her stronger suits).

@Erix: Xetovia might've tried some attempt at the usual Silver Flame proselytizings but she wouldn't really feel up to that task due to her not being spiritually strong enough to cast any unaided divine spells yet- plus her past attempt at spreading the faith didn't really pan out too well.

Over the course of the following few days, Xetovia would become reacquainted with both Caelan and Erix. Although the Thranish Vampire Hunter had felt somewhat self-conscious about not being all that effective at "spreading the word" of her faith, the conversations with the cousins of House Orien, whether by deft social redirection or by the plain unspoken respect to not pursue past any uneasy line of questionings, would inevitably turn back to the telling and exchanging of old war stories.

Of course, they would be interspersed with other enlightening conversations on the nuances of being a hireling within the city itself.

So that is how things truly work in this city. Perhaps I had been taking the wrong tack in my hunt for the undead here....


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

And if either or both d'Orien cousins were to bring up the subject of upbringings or growing up in the shadows of the Last War...:

And just the differences between the respective upbringing among these House Scions! It was truly something very much in contrast to Xetovia's own orphaned upbringing in the collective training camps of the Argent Anthracites, where stories of actual happy family life before the Last War existed were spoken of wistfully by the various Church's caretakers.

When the knock (which Xetovia felt that such occurrences wouldn't necessarily be out of place in a d'Orien apartment) was heard within the apartment, Xetovia respectfully refrained from speaking any further and quietly began admiring the furnishings within the living quarters. Dol Durand, in the meantime, was content to fiddle around the armrest of where Xetovia was sitting at.

It could be another delivery job for either of them...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None
GM the Dragon Above wrote:

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Mikey P's Humble Abode

Gauntlet aids Mickey over the next few days, (when he is not busy with the Artificer Dexter Quigley) keping Mickey as sober as possible when all that Gold and Platinum is burning a hole in his pocket.
In the early morning on the fourteenth there is a rapping on the front door. Mickey is sleeping off the effects of the past few days leaving you as the only one awake to answer it.

With a sigh and a shake of his head, Gauntlet answers the door yet again expecting yet another missive written in code, or magically sealed or scrambled and delivered by a young messenger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - Ama's Home

The knock at the door was somewhat surprising at the time it came, but in truth, Ama had been up late, and was just settling back into a fitful doze. There was a bit of a lingering ache that came with the adjustment, and it had not fully gone away just yet. So, while she could speak, she opted not to- as she had found that speaking was still slightly irritating to her throat. Thank goodness for cantrips, though.

A minor magic cleared any lingering traces of sleep and rendered her fit to be seen, and she threw her robe on as she came to the door, opening it a crack. Her expression was, curiosity and polite inquiry written across the half of her face that could be seen around the door. "...?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago

------

House Cannith

Pink-Eye

------

Ama's Home

Ama

------

Mickey P's Humble Abode

Gauntlet

------

House Orien Apartment - Upper Ward

Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

------

A messenger of House Sivis is at the door, "This message was requested deliver immediately and marked as urgent".

Adventurers,

The normal means of communication seems to have been compromised, so I have sent this special messenger to personally find you and deliver this letter.

You served me once before, and now I need your help again. While you were not the original group that I requested, your honor in respecting the contract has endeared you to me. Yes even you Minotaur.

Time is short. I feel that our enemies have discovered me and are closing in. I expected to be out of the city by now but circumstances have conspired to keep me here.

Meet me at the Broken Anvil tavern. Act quickly, for I believe that we are all in terrible danger.

If you should see any of the others that I originally hired, pass this message along to them as they may well be in danger too.

Your patron,

Lady E.

------

Xetovia, yes, the one of the Temple Districts in the city has a Church dedicated to the Silver Flame. Adherents and Acolytes may stay there even if they are not assigned there for only 2 CP per day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Hesitating only a moment to write a letter to Mickey and gather his stuff, Gauntlet sets out for the inn immediately.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Presumably, Erix (having gone to answer the door) will show the letter to Caelan and Xetovia.

Upon realizing the urgency of the matter, Xetovia will take 10 on her autohypnosis roll (17 total) to memorize the contents of the letter before letting the two d'Orien cousins know that she's been to that very tavern before and she could easily guide them there (having memorized the route).

Quote:
GM the Dragon Above wrote:
Xetovia, yes, the one of the Temple Districts in the city has a Church dedicated to the Silver Flame. Adherents and Acolytes may stay there even if they are not assigned there for only 2 CP per day.

Good to hear and thank you for the info, GM the Dragon Above; I would imagine that Pierce first contacted Xetovia there. :)


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Quote:
Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:
Upon realizing the urgency of the matter, Xetovia will take 10 on her autohypnosis roll (17 total) to memorize the contents of the letter before letting the two d'Orien cousins know that she's been to that very tavern before and she could easily guide them there (having memorized the route).

Scanning along the lines of the delivered missive, Xetovia mentally jots down the written words into her memory. "The Broken Anvil Tavern... yes, I do know of that place; it was there that Lady d'Vown had hired me, Dev Blake, and Tool-Box to serve as her bodyguards in the first place. It's over by the Mason's Tower, if my recollection serves me right."

Looking over at Caelan and Erix, Xetovia continues on with, "We should meet up over there with all due haste- I can lead us there easily enough- but it does leave me wondering what has happened with the Lady... is it the Lord of Blades' or Suthar's doing? Perhaps even Lord Merrix?", as she passes the missive back to the d'Orien Cousins.

What is Lady d'Vown thinking by inviting that Minotaur, Pink-Eye? Still, he did agree to abide by the group's agreement despite his misgivings (praise be to the Silver Flame!), so that should count for something! I wonder if our Lady will be sending a similar message to Dev Blake and Tool-Box? She definitely knows about Dev's workshop. Come to think of it, Dev seems to have taken our repair-smith under his wings lately...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"Mmm. All right. A curious closed circle, that. Shall we?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

While Ama was good at knowing the things that she had an interest in, thinking on her feet was something that was not her strong suit. She nodded a silent acknowledgement of the receipt of the message and closed her door to read it, absentmindedly casting a cantrip to aid her reading.

Thankfully, she had not exactly unpacked her bag from when she was below, so packing 'Just in case' was as easy as picking up the bag, after she stuffed her spellbook into the top. The tone of the letter was urgent, and it was possible that she was going to be hired to help her leave the city... It would not do to have something get left behind.

What was unfinished the night before was breakfast, and she exited her home after shuttering her windows. She was going to have to ask a guard for directions to the "Broken Anvil", but deep down, she was thrilled at the chance to work for the Lady again.
____________________________

Spells Prepared(from the prior day):

0th: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Light
1st: Polypurpose Panacea x2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Waiting for his guard shift to end he will check out from duty for the next few days saying he has some unattended business and leave his post not so much in care of the danger or for the lady but he had found being in a pack oddly rewarding. Pink Eye headed along the back alleys and roads to this tavern.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Finding herself nodding in affirmation to Caelan's suggestion, Xetovia replies with, "Yes, let's" while she stands up from where she had been sitting at.

Xetovia will respectfully wait alongside the apartment's entryway by the door if either Caelan or Erix would need some time to gather up any of their needed equipment and supplies; perhaps even helping to assist any of them in donning their armor, as needed. She'll most certainly respect their privacy, as well, in case either of them wish to change their clothing- as is most proper.

"There'll be no need for me to return to the Church; I've already got everything I need with me, carried upon my person. The local church dormitories are always in constant rotation... depending on who is present at the time and which rooms happen to be available or unoccupied; so we all end up having to carry our belongings with us.", Xetovia will offer in explanation while she waits/helps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Seperately, except for the d'Orien's and their enchanting guest Xetovia, the adventurers make the way to the Broken Anvil located in the Mason’s Tower, carved into a bend in the tower wall.

Convergence, you all eye one another as you enter the Inn. Viorr is nowhere to be seen. Still the urgency of the note leaves little room for small talk as all of the allies enter together wordlessly.

Inside, everbright lanterns at either end of the room provide flickering illumination. A round table is set to either side of the entrance, and three longer tables are scattered throughout the room.

Today the Broken Anvil only has one customer, a woman in a worn brown cloak. She sits at a table at the far end of the room. As you enter, she raises her hand as if to cast a spell, then stops and pulls back her hood. Despite her disheveled hair and the dirt that covers her face, you recognize her. She is Elaydren d’Cannith, the woman who rewarded you for your exploration the depths of Sharn. A woman most of you had assumed you would never see again...

Perception DC 20:
The Lady's House Cannith signet ring is conspicuously absent from her hand...

An elderly matronly halfling Innkeeper emerges from the kitchen glaring at all of you, the Lady dismisses her with an imperious wave of her hand, "Quickly, quickly!” Elaydren calls in a strained voice.

“Thank Olladra that you’re here. There is no time to waste.”

Elaydren lifts a leather backpack off the floor and places it on the table. The leather is worn, but its brass fittings are still bright. It appears light, almost empty.

“There is no time to explain,” Elaydren says, her fear-filled eyes darting from you to the door and back again.

“Instructions, gold, and supplies are in this pack. Take it and go. The letter in the left-hand pocket explains everything, but you must go now! Trust me. If you can accomplish this task, the reward will be vast. Much vaster than what I previously tendered to your group!”

Sense Motive DC 15:
She seems genuinely distressed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

perc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

ah look, it is our previous employer. You are not wearing your house ring. One might imagine that my previous words on the issues at hand with multiple threats have come true? What amount of pay is worth ones life?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Taking the bag as if it were a possible enemy, Gauntlet looks at the interior just to verify the contents. He then nods at Pink-Eye's assessment.

"You speak of speed and trust, and offer only gold. Our history speaks otherwise on such matters. If you wish our help, then clarify quickly! Where are we to go? Why now? Are you no longer with the House?"


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Good to be back into the swing of things. Let's see what the Dice Entities will provide, for this day. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.

It is clear that Xetovia's much too distracted with Lady d'Vown's present predicament and fearful demeanor to notice anything really useful; the Thranish Vampire Hunter and Tag-Along will have to take both Pink-Eye's and Gauntlet's observations and remarks upon faith and trust. ;)

Helping to guide along both Caelan and Erix, Cousins to House Orien, Xetovia slows down to almost a halt when the other members of Suthar's former expedition showed up at the Broken Anvil.

It had been somewhat of an awkward bit of a reunion with Suthar's former hires, with Viorr the Elf's absence being most notable. Recalling with a residual sense of embarrassment at how Dol Durand readily seemed to attach itself to Gauntlet, Xetovia takes the sensible precaution of having to keep her hands clasped together in front of her abdomen (right hand conspicuously over her slightly twitching left hand).

Once inside the Broken Anvil, everything becomes somewhat more tense once the group is reunited with Lady d'Cannith (or Lady d'Vown, as Xetovia had known her back then). Both dismayed and flabbergasted at the Lady's present state, Xetovia fails to notice the things that both Pink-Eye and Gauntlet commented on. Given the serious tones in both their respective voices, the Thranish Vampire Hunter decides that neither are speaking in jest about their observational queries to the disheveled Lady of... formerly House Cannith West.


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Echoing her own sharply worded queries to the Lady (maybe a bit too sharply, perhaps!) after both Pink-Eye and Gauntlet were done, Xetovia asks, "What happened, Milady? Was this all Suthar's doings or maybe even Lord Merrix's, instead?".

Such a contrast to how Lady d'Vown first appeared when she initially hired us to help guard her against the Lord of Blades!

Heal to see if Lady d'Cannith/d'Vown is injured in any way...: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Lady d'Vown appears unharmed Xetovia.

Gauntlet as you open the bag you realize this is no ordinary item but a bag that can magically hold more than it appears to!

Before she can get a word out the front door of the Anvil is kicked in and several Kobolds race into the room. A fifth figure steps into the doorway, a broad humanoid in a dark, hooded cloak carrying a light crossbow. He raises the crossbow and launches a bolt at Elaydren!

This Warforged is no stranger, it's the one that got away in the ancient Cannoth forge.

The Broken Anvil Brawl

GMtDA ONLY:
Saber's shot 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 - Damage 1d10 ⇒ 7

The Lady is struck in the shoulder by the bolt and the fore knocks her back out of her chair.

OK, now she's hurt Xetovia!

GMtDA ONLY:
Erix 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Gauntlet 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Ama 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Pink – Eye 1d20 ⇒ 8
Caelan 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Xetovia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Saber 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Kobolds (7) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Lady d 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Round 1 - Ama, Gauntlet - GO!
Saber
Erix, Caelan, Xetovia, Pink-Eye
Kobolds (7)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Gauntlet flips the magical bag closed and hoists it to his shoulder.
He then turns to the enemies!

"Assassin! Murderer!"

He then calmly picks up his foot and STOMPS! The ground shakes and seem to intensify on the enemy warforged!

Thunderstomp Trip attempt vs CMD!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Spending a Hero point!
Hero Point bonus +1d6!: 1d6 ⇒ 4 =15 total vs Saber's CMD!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Khoravar Wizard 2 (Water School) | HP 12/12 | Speed 30ft./Swim 40ft. | AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (CMD 13) | Fort +3 : Ref +2 : Will +4 | Init +2, Perception +2(low light)

Surprised to see this conflict occurring again, Ama ducked behind the table with the lady, making a meager attempt to turn the table onto its side to provide more cover from any other bolts that may fly their way.
_____________________________
Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 20


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

First actual in-game combat with Xetovia:
It'll be a fun experiment to see how well Xetovia does in an actual in-game combat scenario. :)

Thank the Flame that she's alright! A cursory glance given to Lady d'Vown (complete with a hasty assessment afterwards) revealed no real physical distress to her person, much to the relief of one now-worried Thranish Vampire Hunter.

But before Xetovia could share that bit of good tidings to the others, the door to the Broken Anvil gets abruptly kicked opened and kobolds start swarming in. Are the Kobolds wearing any armor and what are they armed with? Do they seem like a rabble or do they act in a deliberate fashion?

Another figure, another Warforged (but one unfamiliar to Xetovia since she wasn't part of either original expeditions) from the looks of it, appears right after the kobolds and fires off a shot from his crossbow that neatly takes Lady d'Vown to the floor with a clean shot to the shoulder!

What the Crooked...!? A Warforged- he must be with the Lord of Blades! But why is he with all these kobolds? I thought Pierce said that the Lord of Blades hated all the living races...

It was then that both Ama and Gauntlet quickly responded to this sudden threat in their own inimitable fashion; Ama going to where Lady d'Vown fell and propping the table up sideways to prevent any more crossbow attacks upon the Lady (in true "muscle-wizard" fashion, no less!). Gauntlet, on the other hand, chooses to give a magically enhanced stomp towards the other Warforged; Gauntlet's angry vehement shouting response towards this other warforged does seem to indicate some amount of familiarity upon both their part with one another, at least from Xetovia's own limited viewpoint.

Deciding to entrust the Lady's present well-being to former Librarian Ama, Xetovia offers a quick mental prayer to the Silver Flame upon both of their behalf. May the Silver Flame watch over them both and give them the protection that they will need!

Depending on what Caelan, Erix, Pink-Eye, and this other Warforged does in the interim, Xetovia will at least activate her Vampiric Focus as a Swift Action on her turn (after Caelan, if I'm reading the lines right?) giving her a 16 in Strength. Any further actions will remain dependent upon the actions of her other teammates that gets taken.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

Gauntlet's Thunderstomp is resisted by Saber.

Ama thinks quickly and throws over the table giving Lady d'Vown cover.

Saber says nothing, reloads quickly and fires his next shot at Pink Eye.

GMtDA ONLY:
1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15 - Damage 1d10 ⇒ 9

The shot is damn close and the Minotaur can hear it whizz by his ear.

The Kobolds are all wearing leather armor and have a few spears, one in hand and one in a sheathe on their backs. They appear well coordinated all things considered. Note it's block initiative Xetovia so you can wait for the others to go or go first, up to you.

Round 1 - Erix, Caelan, Xetovia, Pink-Eye - GO!
Kobolds (7)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 2(Mysterious Avenger)

Erix flashes a quick flick of his whip at the closest kobold red.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Pink eye considers and then yanks his axe and is within reach so he smashes the first kobold.

pink eye smash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Thank you for the description of the Kobolds. :) It'll be my first time hearing about the block initiative part; I'm guessing that our listed place in that block gets changed depending on who posts first (kind of like delaying but only just between everyone listed in a line) or did I get that all wrong? ;)

Glancing quickly over at her hastily-joined fellow in arms and then back towards the assembled group of hostile Kobolds and Warforged, Xetovia asks aloud to her group, "These foul miscreants- they are known to all of you then?", but towards no-one in particular. They could be from that other part of House Cannith...

Xetovia then silently calls out to the Couatl's Spirit dwelling inside of her supernaturally possessed left hand. Dol Durand, let us deal with some of these crooked Kobolds, like the dirt that they truly are. Upon our behalf... by the light of the Silver Flame, may we be ever blessed unto the last in battle.

As a swift action, Xetovia activates her Vampire's Might focus to help boost her Strength to 16. As she finishes her mental prayer, Xetovia's face becomes slightly more feral looking while the irises around her pupils begins to dimly glow with a faint silvery-bluish hue.

Xetovia strides forward about 15 feet diagonally until she's standing right next to Erix. Moving three squares down, next to Erix. Instead of grabbing a melee weapon, she may as well try to gamble with the dice, so to speak...

Her left hand retrieves the poisoned sand tube secreted upon her bandolier while her left pinky and fourth finger "unstoppers" one end of the sand-filled tube. Done as its' own independent standard action on Xetovia's initiative.

Taking a deep, practiced breath, the Thranish Vampire Hunter blows into one side of the poisoned sand tube which causes a 15' cone of fine sand to billow out from the opposite side, in turn, at the Kobolds


LN Human (Thrane) Female Vampire Hunter 2 ¦ HP: 15/20 ¦ 20' MV ¦ AC 16/TAC 12/FFAC 14 ¦ F+3 R+5 W+5 ¦ +2 Init ¦ +6 Perc ¦ Vamp.Might:2 min. (16 Str), SoF potion:1 min.

Xetovia Phlogiston wrote:


Taking a deep, practiced breath, the Thranish Vampire Hunter blows into one side of the poisoned sand tube which causes a 15' cone of fine sand to billow out from the opposite side, in turn, at the Kobolds

Didn't get the revised version out before the time out. :(

Taking a deep, practiced breath, the Thranish Vampire Hunter blows into one side of the poisoned sand tube which causes a 15' cone of fine sand to billow out, in turn, from the opposite side directly southward at the Kobolds (red, blue, and black- not sure about the dark green or light green ones), possibly may even reach all the way to the one Warforged? All will have to make a DC 12 Fortitude save or be Dazzled for a round. All done as a standard action.

Will have to make adjustments on the map, including the 15' cone area "colored in" too. Figured I might as well see if that sand tube does anything. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

Sharn - City of Towers - 998 YK - Fourteenth Day of Dravago - The Broken Anvil

Pink-Eye, Ama, Gauntlet, Erix, Caelan, & Xetovia

The Kobolds appear, based on their diminutive sizes, to be easy combatants but nothing could be further from the truth. Pink-Eyte and Erix's foes dance nimbly out of the way of both of their strikes.

Xetovia employs an unorthodox weapon and the Kobolds attempt to squint to avoid whatever effects may hamper them in their mission.

GMtDA ONLY:
Kobold #1 Red 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Kobold #2 Tiel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kobold #3 Dark Green 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Kobold #4 Black 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Kobold #5 Out of the Cone No Save needed - Bright Green
Kobold #6 Out of the Cone No Save needed - Light Purple
Kobold #7 Out of the Cone No Save needed - Grey
Saber 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Most manage to avoid the effects but the Kobold standing before Saber Black is clearly effected.

Round 1 - Caelan GO!
Kobolds 1-3 & 5-7 - 4 Dazzled -1 Att.

351 to 400 of 944 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron - Echoes of the Past All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.