DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


551 to 600 of 3,743 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Opposed sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Fran keeps staring at Ro for a few moments. "Fine, alright. So I take it your earlier trip this morning after i woke you up, you were home shopping and found an interesting prospect? You seemed a tad giddy when you came back. So show me what you've found, and it better not be like that one time you thought the corner house was abandoned, brought me over to use it as a playhouse only to find a rabid beaver.

She smirks a bit but then eyerolls at the memory.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Oh, this morning? No, I wasn't looking for a place before I'd even asked you. I was checking up on a possible side job. With Volioker Briskalberd, he's a dwarf, a locksmith. I've been going over to his shop for a while now. He lets me play around with locks. They're very interesting and it's really soothing to just focus down on how they're put together and work. I've gotten pretty good at working with them."

"But anyway, if we're going to be renting a place I'll need some income. I was thinking he might hire me to do some of the stuff that requires going out to places for repairs and stuff. He doesn't like house calls and such so much. He said he'd think about it. I'm fairly sure he'll say yes."

Ugh, I'll really have to remember to visit Volioker as soon as I can and get him to say yes.

"And that beaver wasn't my fault. I didn't even know that rabies was a thing. I just thought he'd been eating soap. How could I pass up a house that came with a pet?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Smiling happily at father's joke, Karmid turns back to the entrance of the Cathedral casually swaggering his way towards the slowly gathering
hunting party.

The others broke into small groups talking as they left. Karmid followed silently, brooding, his mind still on the last night's events.

He started looking at all the horses uncomfortably. He had to ride to keep up with the hunting party for now, but once they go where they are going,
he'd walk as he always preferred to do. Gozreh's earth beneath his feat. No sweaty animal he'd have to bring to heal if a boar charged.

Karmid grinned. It was almost an embarrassment: A Shoanti that didn't like to ride a horse? Blasphemy!

He picked a sturdy horse to carry his big frame (and bigger hammer) and mounted slowly in order to maintain his balance and still look competent.

"Shall we get on folks? If we tarry much longer it will be the noon meal-time!"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas nods to Karmid, and picks out a horse as well.

"Are you much of a hunter, my Shoanti friend?"

She scans her possessions, as if looking for something.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Well I should be humble and say I am an 'OK' hunter, but the truth must be told that I'm an excellent hunter
and tracker for my age! At least that what all the older hunters and trappers say."

Karmid slides the his over-large hammer over his shoulder and through his pack to rest the large head behind his own.
This kept it out of his way and balanced the load a bit easier while he rode.

"Now there a few stories I could tell you ... You ever hunt a bear? Wow! I mean talk about someone who hates being
woken up from a nap with a dagger behind his ear! Toughest fight of my life up to now! See...I had to use a dagger in
its cave because there was no room for Old Angela!"

Seeing confused looks on a few faces, Karmid reaches back and pats the Earth Breaker on its head.

"Old Angela! Hehehe..."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas looks confused. She blinks one, then twice, without saying a word. Finally she screws up the nerve to speak.

"Uh....Angela? Old Angela? Is there a reason behind that name? Or...um...is the weapon just your wife?"

She laughs a deep laugh.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Looking thoughtful, Karmid shrugs, smiles, and replies to Xarmas in a serious voice.

"She might as well be my wife since I've dedicated my life to the calling Gozreh has marked me for.
Better than some 'Ball-and-Chain' relationship if you ask me."

He thumps the partially exposed dripping leaf tattoo on his chest.

"The name? Well that comes from Father Zantus really. When I was a wee' bit of a boy, he used to tell
all of these grand tales of heroism, and say the god's various angel's come to our aid in times of need,
often in mysterious ways. Well, this weapon has saved my life on too many occasions...more than I would
like to admit really. So one day I just started calling her Angela. I'm not sure why, but she just seems a girl to me."

Karmid slaps his thigh, startling his horse a bit.

"Heck, I'm sure I would be struck dead with surprise if it started talking back! So it's probably for the
best I not know if the weapon is an angel in disguise or not! Hehehe..."


Shadow's Status

Outside The Cathedral

Aldern waves to Lia, "Come on down my dear".

He looks to the rest of you scanning to see who is here and who is not, "There should be one more no, Talene was her name correct? Each of you pick a horse and we shall be on the way. A fine day to you Mr. Hosk, I think my new friends and I can can quite literally take the reins from here",


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Opposed Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Fran bursts out laughing at the beaver retort, and brings her right arm around Ro's shoulder to give her a quick hug and then tug her along towards Aldern back again, making their way back to the gathering.

"Making a living for yourself. So you ARE growing up after all. Or is it your continuing pursuit to pick the lock on my personal journal that's at play?" she teases, slightly sticking out her tongue.

As they get back closer to the group, she couldn't help hearing Karmid's boasting banter, and as she breaks from Ro to find herself a horse sturdy enough to handle the extra weight of her armor, she responds to the 'hunter'

"Well, if anything, I expect the meat to be extra tender then, after your Angela's had it's way with those poor boars. I pity whoever will butcher them up and deal with the broken bones."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, standing at the top of the stairs, looking over the horses, waves back to Aldern, then walks down, towards him.
"Hi Aldern. I think Talene lost against the drink. Last I heared, she was not feeling too well."
Did not mean to incapacitate Talene...it was just meant as a easy fork between bringing her along or not, for you, since it's definitely more work for you, and already crowded - by all means, send her along if that was the plan, I don't want to "lock" her out by saying something wrong without knowing what was your intent-
Looking at the horses again, she absent-mindedly adds:"I did organize plenty of food for a picnic, but I think we may need to improvise for the dessert. Maybe we find some edible berries in the wood."
Picking out the smallest of the horses, Lia approaches it, slowly and carefully:"Hi you. Mr. Foxglove said to pick horses, but really, I'd rather leave it up to you so you don't feel spiteful and try to throw me off later. I think we may be the best match, weightwise, but it's your decision...", Lia gently speaks touching the horsies head and slightly moving it, so that the mare can see both Karmid and her.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"I'm less than an hour younger than you Fran. And news for you, that sad little lock on your book is as good as open if I want it to be."

Ro is relieved she made it through her sister's inquisition, but she's felt better about deceiving people before. By the time she's looking at the horses everyone else is well into the process of choosing. It doesn't matter to Rojava really, she doesn't know horses from cattle anyway. She decides to trust that for Foxglove Only The Best Will Do, and picks a lonely looking one.


Female Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge)/Sorcerer (Fey) of Desna - Level 2 - HP = 17/17 | AC = 13 | CMD = 14 | F +3 | R +3 | W +6 | Ini +9 | Per + 4 | Channels 4/9 Shadow's Status |

Upstairs the Cathedral

The Godtouched could be heard outside along with the sound of horses. From outside of course the terrible retching taking place inside cannot be heard.

"Go if you ant to Kira, its ok 'll be.... BLAAARRGGHHHHHHH".

Kira giggles, "No way horses stink, worse than whatever it is you just threw up. I am happy to stay here and hold your hair back".

Tal smiles back at Kira weakly, "Then its good you'll be here all day I can bounce off ideas for the next prank I pull on Ameiko and Li....BLAAARGHHHH".

Looks like Tal is down for the day!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven gingerly picks a horse and mounts up. Although he has ridden before, he had to admit the faster he got back to ground the better. He just wasn't cut out to be a rider.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas smiles at Karmid's explanation.

"I have head of worse reasons to name weapons, to be perfectly fair. I've never named a weapon, but then, I've always been far too self-sufficient. "

She sees Drasven mounting up, and moves her horse over next to his.

"Hail Brother! How does the day find you?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Mounting her horse, Rojava guides it over to Xarmas and Drasven.

"Good morning! Great day for some time in the forest huh?"

An experienced rider would notice that Rojava isn't, and also that she doesn't seem concerned about that at all.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Hullo!"

Xarmas looks cheerful this morning, and pleased to see her new friend.

"I love time in the forest. I have...mixed feelings about civilization."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava just smiles at Xarmas's reply. Weighing the benefits of civilization is something she figures is a little above her pay grade. What Ro does know is forests tend to lack people. Nice to visit, but after a while boring. She redirects the conversation.

"Yeah, I can't say I know much about it, but this hunting party is looking like an awkward one to me. I think the idea is supposed to be using spears for boar hunting. I'm not sure how well we're going to do with a bunch of hammers, axes, and sword blades." Ro glances down at her rapier.

"Maybe we should keep an eye out for mushrooms while we're out there. If we don't get a boar, we wouldn't come back empty-handed if we had a sack of nice mushrooms. They're delicious. Hopefully someone knows something about them. I'd probably pick poisoned ones if I had to figure it out myself."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas can't help but smile.

"I'm...a bit well versed in that area, actually. When you travel as much as I do, you tend to pick up a few things. Grab all that you can, and I'll help pick out the good ones. Boar not withstanding, I'll see if I can grab us some other meat as well. Rabbits are particularly easy, if you know how to catch them!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Boar spears are for those who are afraid to get mud and blood on themselves little Ro!"

Karmid hooks his thumb and gestures to point at his longbow in the quiver over his other shoulder.

"My Angela will do just fine for me I expect, but you can always use bows or slings to bring a boar down,
just don't expect to do it in one shot! Rage will over-take the boar quick, so don't waste time missing!"

With a look of childish boredom, Karmid stands in his saddle to get a look at the Aristocrat in charge of the hunt.

"Sir! We're burning daylight here if you don't mind! Time we get this moving smorgasbord* actually moving, right?"

*Shoanti term
@GM don't worry about this push to get going...its just Karmid being silly and impatient. Take your time.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Well sign me up for a boar spear then!"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Bows or Slings?", Lia repeats after Karmid, doubtfully looking down on her crossbow, then sadly stating towards Aldern: "I think that means I need a boar spear, too-" while patting the small horses neck.

Despite it being a CrossBOW, I'm certain Windsight made plenty clear to Lia that there's a significant difference between the two.. ^_^


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid crosses his eyes and scrunches up his face at Lia.

"Gah! No matter wht anybody has told you Lia...a crossbow is still a bow my dear."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd takes his leave of Father Zantus and makes his way to a beautiful palomino mare. Laying his hand on her neck, he makes his way to the saddle, swinging up and in gracefully. He watches as his compatriots compare weaponry choices.

It is a nice day for a ride, of that I'm certain. I would much rather just watch, but I will magically intervene if the need arises. Gwyd thinks to himself as his eyes flit over the assembly.

I'm looking forward to the tale that is likely to come from this hunt. It will be grand in the retelling over an applejack or a mead!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Turning to face Xarmas, Drasven grunts out his own reply as his exertions to plant his behind firmly in the saddle is met with some hurdles, namely his height as he gets a foot in the stirup.

"It is a fine morning sister, a fine day methinks for a hunt?"

As Rojava rides up to them, he succeeds in getting himself up and then holds the reins as if afraid of the animal beneath him bolting away.

"I've got a crossbow but I'm not sure if it'll come in useful."


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"A crossbow can be very useful. It allows one to participate from the relative safety of horseback. I'm not sure I prefer the handicap, but that's more a matter of personal preference. It is Abadar's favored weapon, after all.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Unless you are a skilled rider, I suggest NOT shooting from horseback. Especially if a boar charges you.
You don't want to fight your horse for control when that happens unless you know what you are doing."

Pointing at a nearby tree Karmid continues.

"Duck behind a tree or climb up it to shoot from cover and safety. Less likely a boar will chase after you or
charge at that point."

Thumping himself on the chest Karmid smiles.

"But don't worry, Angela and I will keep you safe in the end ladies!"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Yeah, I wonder. Won't the boar be charging at you while we shoot at it? Meaning we're safe, on horses and on trees?", Lia asks with a smile-


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava sniggers. "Feel safe Fran! Karmid is on the job!"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Karmid and Angela are big enough we need to worry about the boar running the other way!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid sits a little higher on his horse, smiles big, and gives a quick salute with a wink in Xarmas's direction.

"You have the right of it my lady! A sad fact that my enemies sometimes run away in terror before I get a chance to best them in combat. I blame Angela really."

Shaking his head with obviously false sadness, Karmid wipes an invisible tear away.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas chuckles.

"Good. Should anything dangerous happen, I'll know to just stand behind you!"


Shadow's Status

Outside The Cathedral

Aldern smiles at the banter as he guides his horse next to Lia's.

"Worry not, I have arranged for Savah to meet us at the eastern bridge and bring a spear for each of us. I hope that you have chosen a mount that calls to you specifically my new friends. Though not all of you were present to save me, these horses are my first gift, to be shared by each of you for the gift of my life".

That said he rides to the bridge where indeed Savah is waiting to hand each of you a boar spear, "Happy Hunting", she says as she hands each of you a fine new weapon.

He rides at the front but not too fast, "As I understand it the ride is no more than an hour. Tell me a bit about yourselves, I wish to have good stories to remember you by when I return to Magnimar".


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid scowls at the the proffered spear and continues on past the man's servant patting his big horse's solid neck.

"I think I'll call you...Angelo."

Seeing Xarmas and Ro looking at him strangely, Karmid replies with a shrug.

"What? I said I was a great warrior and hunter! I never said I was that imaginative when it came to names.
How else do you think I got the name Groundbreaker! Hehehehe."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"I figured it was because Windbreaker was already taken."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid sticks his tongue out at Ro childishly, then turns his head away in a dramatically fake huff.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasen smiles even as he declines the offer of a spear.
"I'll trust in my crossbow and my axe."

guiding his mount towards the others.
"I assume we are all ready for this hunt."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia, happy with her small mare, playfully rides straight ahead without using her hands, using the new boar spear as a sort of balancing-pole.
Take 10 for Ride/Guide with Knees
Coming up next to Aldern, while keeping her eyes straight ahead, she asks:"What DO you want to know? We have but an hour, and there's many of us...I promise I'll answer truthfully!", she smiles, looking over at him as she finishes.


Flying along while they ride in the city, Flutter quickly finds it exhausting to keep pace once the group moves at a greater pace outside. Sitting down on Rojava, he watches the two riders in front, Lia and Aldern.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym takes the proffered spear with a light nod of his head. Now what am I going to do with this? Maybe I'll hang on to it if someone loses theirs or something of that nature.

With a sigh, he settles into the middle of the pack, eyes continuously taking in the group, looking for anything he could add to a song later.


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Fran grins ear to ear when Karmid turns his head away from ro, only to end up looking towards Fran's direction on the other side. She looks at him, and can't help herself.

"Zing!"

She chuckles, and slows her pace slightly to move a bit further back, and settles to ride alongside Gwyddym, and addresses him.

"If you don't mind me observing, you look a tad confused. Copper for your thoughts?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Shaken from his thoughts by Fran's question, he turns to smile at her.

I'm not much of a fighter, if you will. So I've got no real desire to go flinging this into a living thing. He says as he lifts the spear a smidgen. Really, I came along because I'm hoping I get some inspiration from the others for a song or dance. I think we could all use the joviality and a measure of distraction from those damnable goblins. Plus, enough of the Godtouched revere a bit of time in the wood. The sun is bright and the breeze a comfort. His eyes dance as he describes the day.

After a few moments just staring off into the sky, he looks back at his companion. And I'm still a bit off from the discovery at the graveyard. Trying to figure out why someone would need HIS bones, specifically. If they just needed bones, wouldn't they have just dug up one of the easy graves? Clearly someone wanted THOSE bones. It's been muddling my mind and clouding my connection with Shelyn. It's been a very long time since I was this disconnected from my Lady and from the music of the world. It's disconcerting. His face falls slightly as he admits he's been having difficulty finding the rhythm of the world. With a shake of his head and a cough to clear his throat, he paints a smile on his face. What about you? Are you excited for the hunt?


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas chuckles at Rojava's joke.

"Let's hope there isn't too much truth to that nickname!"

She plays with her boar spear absent-mindedly.

"Truth be told, I'm not sure we will scare anything up with all of us tromping through the underbrush. I imagine we can be heard from a league away!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Pursing his lips, karmid seems to be thinking seriously on the subject.

"Lucky for you Lady Xarmas, the only way you have to worry about a nickname like that applying is when we have beans for dinner!"

He waves a broad hand a the nearing woods.

"As far as noise goes, it will scare away the deer and other wild animals sure, but boar are a mite more intractable. We might just run across one or two by accident. If not, I can range ahead and scout the area for spoor. You know...real hunting. If I find anything I can lead you there, or drive it toward you."

Pointing to the tops of the trees, Karmid smiles.

"You really have to worry about the giant ticks however. They will fall on you from the treetops and knock you right out of your saddle just to get to your horse."

Again Karmid shrugs casually while trying to control his horse at the sam e time.

"Of course...that is why they call it the Tickwood after all."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven says nothing but raises an eyebrow at the Shoanti's words. Hi eyes do glance up afterall....one can never be too careful.


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'
Gwyddym Soarsong wrote:
What about you? Are you excited for the hunt?

She ponders a little, Looking ahead towards the woods as the group approached them, electing to ignore Karmid's comments about falling giant ticks. Likely tales to scare kids, or his own fabrications. Turning her head back to Gwynn:

"Truth be told, I don't feel like i deserve any form of reward for saving this Aldern fellow, considering how i arrived back to town after the fact. I'm merely tagging along for family, really. ...And to make sure no one gets killed in the process. Not much for considering hunting a sport myself. It's a survival necessity, but hard for me to see pleasure in taking a life, even that of an animal."

She lets her hand wander over the hunting spear that was handed to her prior to leaving, feeling it still strapped to the horse.

"I don't plan on doing the hunting myself. I'm the only one with a shield here it seems, so I plan to keep at bay any aggressive animals that doesn't run at the sight of that over-sized hammer. If you wish, you can borrow my crossbow, a spear doesn't strike me as your favorite instrument.

...

While we head there, tell me more about this grave robbery? This is the first I hear of this. It happened in the middle of the goblin attack?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

"Hey there Flutter. Are you helping out with the mission to keep Lia from getting into anything over her head?" says Ro in a low voice.

"Giant ticks. Great. I don't really mind bugs, but that sounds nasty."

Rojava risks a sly glance toward Francesca and Gwyddym.

Yes! They're perfect for each other! Gwydd loves to read books and Fran loves to read books. And they... both really love to read books. I WILL be an auntie yet!


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Well, when we were off dealing with the goblins, we ended up in the Cathedral's cemetery. We noticed that the mausoleum where Father Tobyn was interred. No sooner did we poke our heads into the dark room then we were assaulted by some shambling skeletons! Gwyd pauses briefly as he repressed a shiver.

Anyway, once we managed to deal with those abominations, we found a Robe of Bones amid the rubble. We talked with Father Zantus about it, but he didn't have much information on such a relic. The only thing missing from the tomb was what remained of Father Tobyn.

Crossbow eh? I suppose I could take that. Leave the up close weapons to those that know a little better. Who knows, maybe I'll do OK with it.

Hah, not my favorite instrument would be a good bet. In fact... he lets his voice trail off as he mutters a few words under his breath and snaps his fingers. A lute swirled into his hand and he looped the reins of the horse around the pommel. We're moving slow enough I can pluck for a little bit! With a flourish, he plucks out a quiet jaunty tune. Boldy brave sir Karmid, rode forth from...er....Sandpointlot?


Shadow's Status

To the Tickwood

Aldern smiles at Lia and seems just fine with the fact that only she responded to his inquiry. "My dear, I wish to know whatever you wish to tell me".

He listens to Lia's responses intensely ignoring all other conversations that take place around him. He listens and seems to absorb it all but does interrupt or offer anything about himself.

Windsight rides in the back observing the scenery but offering no small talk.

At the Tickwood

Even with some inexperienced riders, the trip out to the Tickwood forest takes less than an hour. Aldern calls the horses draw to a halt Aldern looks to the sky and smiles. "It looks like we have more than two hours before midday still. Excellent. The best time to hunt boar is midday because they get hot and move towards water. So we have an hour or so to find a watering hole with big tracks near it and position ourselves around it. At least I have had my best luck at mid-day." He states glancing at Karmid and grinning.

Dismounting, he offers assistance to Lia and turns to the group hefting a spear as if ready to demonstrate. "Boar aren't like deer- when they hear you they won't get spooked and run off, they'll charge you. Now you're each welcome to use whatever weapon you want but I brought enough spears for everyone to use one if you want. They can be braced against your foot or a root and if a boar charges into it the wound will be significant." The nobleman takes one and demonstrates the technique to everyone.

The demonstration complete Aldern gathers himself up and says, "Very well, if there aren't any questions we can head out. I think we should tether the horses here at the edge of the woods. We shan't be long and they are more at risk in the woods among the boar then out here. Were we fox hunting I would bring the horses..." A brief moment of grief passes his face. 'Of course I'll need a new faithful hound to assist with that anyhow".

"One thing I am not skilled at is tracking. Windsight, Karmid, do either of you have any experience tracking?" He asks as he shifts next to Lia.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Tracking! Tracking Good Sir is my middle name! Karmid 'The Tracker' Groundbreaker! Father Gozreh preserve me from flat-footed city-folk."

Karmid walk's off looking for the best sign for boar and mumbling quietly to himself...

"This little piggy went hunting, and this other little piggy stayed home and porked the other piggy's wife..."

Survival (Tracking):: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25


Shadow's Status

At the Tickwood

After about twenty minutes Karmid discovers some tracks. It looks like two large boar passed by probably yesterday...

551 to 600 of 3,743 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.