DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


501 to 550 of 3,743 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava laughs and then says "Oh it makes sense in a way, but I don't think there's much at all about Karmid that's sneaky. Maybe what you're sensing is that he's play-acting. He certainly does plenty of that. Can't blame him though. He's lived his whole life at the cathedral and it's all he knows really.

It's a good place to live in a lot of ways, we never want for anything. But it's not a good place to grow up. The clergy aren't parents. Living there because you happen to have a birthmark isn't much to build a sense of who you are around. It works for Gwyddym, though I honestly don't understand how. Karmid latched onto his Shoanti ancestry but the clothes are a bit baggy yet if you get what I mean.

He overdoes it and I guess he's a something of a caricature right now. Windsight would know better about that. But practice is sloppy. I think he'll figure it out, and underneath he's really sweet. He might rub you the wrong way now, but I bet you'll really like Karmid at 25 if you get the chance to meet him.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"My guess is that he's one of those types who talk big, and then when it is revealed that they aren't quite as up to snuff, rather than lose it, probably looks on it as a bonding experience. The kind who feel connected with those who've actually seen though his bravado, you know? I get that, because....reasons."


Shadow's Status

Rusty Dragon

Drasven

As the others depart Ameiko motions for the dwarf to hang back.

"One silver will cover it my new friend. You seem a bit apprehensive, I have known most of them for a while, they are good kind-hearted people. If you are setting down roots here you could not have landed in a better place. If they go on a hunt tomorrow, you should go with them".

She sighs, "I am going to clean up in the morning. You have a good evening, Drasven right?" She states as she walks you out the door and straps a sword on her hip.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint Cathedral

Eventually all of the Godtouched arrive at the Cathedral and everyone gets to bed, some drunk others simply exhausted.

Karina, Marcelano, and Matrim say their goodbyes to the rest of the group and walk into the dark night going the Gods know where.

End of the Night!

Post actions for what you wish to do in the morning prior to the Boar Hunt, take a peek at the Discussion Thread as well.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will check with the Sheriff the next morning before the hunt to see if there are any Goblin prisoners, and if they do: Have they managed to make any Goblins talk yet?


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

With a snap, Gwyddym's eyes open to the darkness of his room, the sun just getting ready to break over the horizon. As he sat up in bed, he felt slightly heartier than he had when he fell into bed. He was drawn to a pile of books on his desk, opening one tome in particular "Tales of Magicks and Music". As he glanced at the pages, the incantation of new magic seemed to draw his eyes in.

Interesting, a way to baffle and dazzle someone with naught but light! Amazing! And a way to possibly inspire people to muster themselves in dire situations? With the challenges we're now facing, and the violence that seems to teem around us, I should remember that trick... He thinks to himself as he takes a few moments to commit these new spells to memory.

He prepared for the day, choosing comfortable leather breeches and tall boots with a long sleeved woven shirt. A vest went over it, as did a deep green cloak with a voluminous hood. Finally, his scroll-case strapped onto his belt at his hip, with ink and quills in their respective pockets.

Hopefully the hunt will give us cause to sing! He thinks with a bright heart.

He will wander the Cathedral grounds taking in the damages until the other Godtouched come out of the building.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia is gently woken by Kira at sunrise after a short nap. Kira easily rose early, while Lia would usually sleep in if not for her.
She stretches, yawning, then gets out of bed and over to the water bowl, washing herself, then remembering to fully dress up, including shoes! (Kira was right...it did help to double-check if all body parts had the associated clothing articles applied...)

Paying the kitchen a visit, she manages to secure a good amount of tasty foodstuff to be consumed by the hunting party for lunch, assuring the staff that a hunted boar would make for a nice feast, as means of compensation.

Walking back to her room, for some hazy daydreaming with Flutter and her Sketchbook=Spellbook(guess I need craft Painting eventually, too), she considers how she could help with the boar hunt. Picking up her small crossbow, she ponders what the problem with boars is...they fight back, charge at people and try to gore them. In that case, the logical step, of course, would be to pin their shadow to the ground so they could not move. Utterly logical...why that was not the common procedure for hunting was beyond her, but it was what she would try to do.
Prepping Color Spray and Shadow Trap


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

She wasn't too overly fond of considering a boar hunt as a form of entertainment, so much as a means to obtain subsistence, but she wasn't going to taint the atmosphere with negativity. If this is what they considered fun, fine by her. She'd come along, if only to ensure everyone's safety. Not unheard of to hear tales of would-be hunters biting on more than they could chew , gored by a rightfully angry large boar.

Right, she'll ensure everyone's safety. With that mindset, she donned her armor after her morning routine, washing herself off from the travel, fill her tummy with a hearty breakfast.
She was fully well and ready for combat, but, she took the liberty to empty her backpack of some of the more cumbersome equipment she was carrying for her travels, keeping but the bare necessities.

Equipment carried alongside armor and weapons:
-Compass
-Small Steel Mirror
-Whistle
-Waterskin
-A single book to pass the time. Hunts tend to be looong.

The rest is left in Rojava's room that she boarded in for the evening. Might have to find better accommodations before long.

THEN, she wakes Ro, and tells her she's going to be late. Just to tease her.

Sovereign Court

Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........
DMD wrote:

Rusty Dragon

Drasven

As the others depart Ameiko motions for the dwarf to hang back.

"One silver will cover it my new friend. You seem a bit apprehensive, I have known most of them for a while, they are good kind-hearted people. If you are setting down roots here you could not have landed in a better place. If they go on a hunt tomorrow, you should go with them".

She sighs, "I am going to clean up in the morning. You have a good evening, Drasven right?" She states as she walks you out the door and straps a sword on her hip.

Drasven pays the one sliver and proceeds to head back abject alone for a while.

"A fine evening to you as well Ameiko, would you prefer that I walk you back though there maybe no goblins lingering around, it couldn't help to be cautious still."

Once back at the church, he exmaines the duty roster of those caring for the sick and insists on taking one if he finds that the residing clerics are doing more than a single round of duty, pointing out that he too has had training in healing.

Apprehensive? I guess that could not be the case. I feel alone, more so than ever. They know each other. They actually grew up knowing of each other or are actual siblings! I....I.....am but a dwarf far from home. he muses as he does his own share of duties or tosses and turns on his borrowed bed.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

It is very hard to do, but Rojava forces herself to stay awake until Francesca and Xarmas are both soundly asleep. When their breathing settles into long, slow rhythms, Ro quietly and carefully gets up and sneaks over to Fran's large pack. Slowly and carefully she opens it and begins to look through the books inside.

She can't find the one she wants, Fran's journal. Dammit Fran, you're SO annoying about that thing! With time at a premium, Ro settles for one of the other books instead. "How to Cook With Rocks" she reads on the title page. She is such a freak.

As Rojava creeps to the door, she also grabs ink, a pen, and a razor from a small desk. Outside in the hall she finds a spot where the light is better and sits down on the floor. Ro opens the book to its title page, and begins to quickly but carefully shave away the surface of the page to remove the writing as well as she can. Then, she begins writing over the ghostly outlines of the old letters.

After writing a number of lines, Ro pauses to look them over. Then she strikes a couple of dividing lines below what she's written and adds a bit more. She blows on the ink to hurry it along in it's drying. When she's satisfied it won't smear, she closes the book and sneaks back into her room. She carefully replaces the book in the pack. and crawls back in to bed for sleep finally.

Francesca:

I, I'm thinking it's a sign
That the freckles in our eyes
Are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned

And I have to speculate
The gods themselves did make
Us into corresponding shapes
Like puzzle pieces from the clay

And true, it may seem like a stretch,
But its thoughts like this that catch
My troubled head when you're away
When I am missing you to death

When you are out there with your wares
For several months of fairs
And when you scan the stars above
I hope this song will guide you home

They will see us waving from such great heights,
"Come down now," they'll say
But everything looks perfect from far away,
"Come down now," but we'll stay...

_________________________________________
_________________________________________

I tried my best to leave this in your journal, but you
never put that thing down. What's in there that I can't
see anyway? So, I had to ruin a title page in one of
your other books. Title pages are stupid anyway, like
you'd forget what you're reading.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava tries to kick Fran a couple of times as her sister wakes her up, but really she's grateful that she did. At least after she learns that it's not actually very late, and has a few minutes to clear the cobwebs from her brain. Ro does have a thing or two she'd planned to do before leaving on the hunt.

She washes up, doing her best to get the blue streaks she'd colored into her hair for the festival out, and it mostly works. After getting dressed and grabbing a slab of heavy bread and an apple so she can eat as she walks, Ro leaves the cathedral heading down the hill toward the river. Her route takes her close to the Rusty Dragon, but she turns down another street before the tavern's and makes for Vernah's Fine Clothing.

After the episode with Marcelano last night, something else about it had started to bother her. If it had been a problem for her that Marcelano had waited until it was far too late to say anything, wasn't she being hypocritical? Maybe just a little? Well she could learn a lesson when it hit her in the nose.

Rojava times her arrival at the shop so it is open, but it's also unlikely any customers would be showing up just yet. She bites her lip, and thinks things through for a second. Then, when she's set, she walks in. The shop is in fact empty except for Rynshinn, who is still setting up for the day. Ro finds her and says hello.

Hi Rynshinn, good morning! How are you? I was just on my way by so I figured I would stop in and tell you that I had a chance to wear that blue cloak I bought at the festival yesterday. I love it! It's completely gorgeous!

Also getting out last night made me realize how little I do anything like that lately. I need to more. I'm going to go to the theater this coming Saturday evening to see what Cyrdak has playing since I haven't been in ages. And, I'm wondering if you'd like to come with me?


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas yawns and stretches, her body extending to it's full length. She sits up, eyes blinking sleepily. After a few moments orienting herself, she sneaks outside barefoot. She does her morning exercises; running, jumping, cartwheeling about. After about an hour, she makes her way back inside. She cleans her face and hands, gets dressed, and sets up to meet the other Marked.

'I feel like today is the day. Today is the day I find what I've been searching for...'


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral - Windsight, Xarmas, Fran, Gwydd and Drasven

Windsight returns from early morning practice at the range and runs into Xarmas who seems to have broken a small sweat this morning. s they move to enter the Cathedral again Gwydd appears from around the corner of the building waving to them both. All three find Drasven tending to the injured in the Cathedral as they step inside. Bounding down the stairs is Fran, Ro's sister, looking ready to tackle a boar all on her own! Lia, Karmid and Ro are nowhere in sight...

Lia - The Cathedral in her Room

Kira comes back into the room and smiles at Lia, "Honey what did you all do to Tally last night? She is snoring like a dwarven elder and smells worse than a squad of drunken soldiers!"

Karmid - Sandpoint Garrison

Karmid is allowed admittance by the guards at the front doors they look like they did not sleep a wink. As Karmid enters the Sheriff's office he can see that sleep seems to have been hard to come by here last night.

Hemlock yawns, "The Goblins who know enough common all say the same damn thing. A longshanks sent them here to raid for no reason they know. No names no description, none consistent enough anyway to identify who it could have been. I heard tell you did some hunting on your own last night, I did not even know you were back in town, I suppose you arrived ta the right moment we needed ll the help we could get to be sure".

Ro - Vernah's Fine Clothing

Rynshinn beams with pride then blushes a bit when Ro asks her about the theater she looks around the shop to confirm no one else is there, "You mean like two friends going to the theater?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava goes a little pink herself.

"Um, yes, like friends. Who are of the mind to test the waters to see if it could be something more."

Okay, respect to Marcelano. This isn't easy.


Shadow's Status

Ro - Vernah's Fine Clothing

"What makes you think I would want to do that Ro?" she asks softly her eyes wide.

Sense Motive DC 15:
She is playing it cool but she seems interested with the way she is twirling her hair oh so subtly...


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

K Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 What does she about her background? Seems good enough for all the info in her background bio?

"I don't know if you would want that. But I know I would. The only way I'm going to figure it out is by asking you." Ro shrugs slightly. "I guess part of the reason I thought I might have a chance is, with your looks you've attracted plenty of attention from guys around town. But, none of them have ever seemed to be able to get your attention. I was thinking there must be some reason...

She trails off awkwardly at that, and shrugs again.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas, after waving to Fran, walks over to Drasven.

"Any way I can be of assistance? I'd love to be useful. You've all been so welcoming to me. Anything at all?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid waves the possible complement away with a back-hand gesture.

"I did nothing special. I was merely trying to make it back to town in time for the festival and arrived in the middle of the attack. Once the gobbos began retreating, I tried to follow them, but they got wise somehow and split up. I couldn't track them all so I gave up and got back late last evening."

Karmid hefts his hammer back to his shoulder and turns to go. He stops at the office threshold and turns his head back to look at the sheriff with one eye.

"Sheriff? Can you keep me informed on anything else you might turn up about the goblin raid? I am mighty curious to see who or what provoked this mischief...and make it dead."

Karmid will leave then to meet up with the others for the hunt, before the sheriff can actually respond.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Turning to the human girl, Drasven turns upon hearing her offer.
"It'll be much appreciated. The wounded need fresh water to drink and it helps to replendish any fluids they have lost. I don't believe we have actually exchanged names. I am Drasven Hammers. As the others have pointed out, a godmarked of Abadar."
Pointing to which beds needs feeling of water as he continues filling water using his own divine given gifts, into a bucket from which he refills the mugs.


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

The small woman's eyes go wide.

"That's right! I too, am Blessed and Marked by the Gold-Fisted God. I am truly honored to make your acquaintance."

With that said, she gives a quick bow, and grabs a pair of buckets to go and help the wounded drink. She carries the buckets with care, but regardless of her tiny size, she carries the full buckets with the ease one twice her size would carry empty buckets. She even has a skip in her step.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia - The Cathedral in her Room

Lia looks puzzled at first, then seems to remember:"Oh, I did nothing. Tally wanted a drink, and I ordered one. After all the stuff that happened during the day, with the Goblins, she wanted to get wasted. But you know her, always responsible all the time so she'd never get drunk. So I helped her and ordered some Stonebelly's Gutbuster for her!"
Closing her sketch book, sitting down on the bed, Lia turns to Kira again:"There's still time before we go. Do you think you could braid my hair? The last time we've ventured beyond the city and spend some time in nature, it was kind of painful when I got stuck in the branches of that bush. Stop laughing."


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

She waves back at the dwarf, in response, a slight bow followed after.

"Don't believe we've met either, though my sister might have droned on about me, of which i'm sure it can't all be true. No matter what she tells you, I have never eaten a raw skunk before. Lies I tell you."

She crosses her arms and takes a sharp breath, and exhales slowly.

"Speaking of marks, seems it runs in my familly. I have an ankh shaped birthmark on the left side of my back, so i'm told. Hard to see for myself. Honestly, I don't claim to be chosen or speaking on behalf of a deity, but I must be doing something right in my life.

...

Oh, i'm Francesca by the way."

She has a slight blush in her cheek at the social etiquette blunders coming out of her mouth.


Shadow's Status

Ro - Vernah's Fine Clothing

Yes that check is good enough to score that background data.

She smiles, and what a radiant smile it is, "There is a reason and it is the reason you are thinking. I know that the Gods care for one and all the same but people can be... judgmental so I just keep my head low and do my job. I... I would love to go on a date with you!

Hey wait, you aren't just trying to get a discount on your next purchase are you?" She teases you as she places her hand gently on your forearm.


Shadow's Status

Karmid - Sandpoint Garrison

The Sheriff nods, "I will. I am told that the other younglings of the Cathedral comported themselves well as the battle raged. If this happens again, I will need all the help I can get".


Shadow's Status

Lia - The Cathedral in her Room

Kira puts on a face of mock horror, "That's hilarious! Tal needs to lighten up, I am sure once she wakes up her mood will be much brighter, once she throws up anyway!"

Kira stifles a giggle and sits behind you starting to adjust your hair, "Wait, braid or pigtails?"


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral - Windsight, Xarmas, Fran, Gwydd and Drasven

The wounded and their families are grateful for the care and kindnes from you all. Nearly twenty minutes go by when Karmid finally arrives at the entrance to the Cathedral.

Of Ro and Lia there is still no sign, nor of Aldern for that matter.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"Where is this aristocrat? Does he want to hunt or not?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The Cathedral

Windsight was not a healer, had never been one; he lacked the knowledge, but more, he lacked the inclination. Which, in his opinion, was fine; right now, there were plenty who wished to assist in that vein. Instead, after encountering Xarmas and meeting up with the others, the Shoanti mystic simply got out of the way, settling down onto his knees to contemplate the morning's progress.

The archer's normal meditation was active: archery, firing arrows at a target, seeking the center of Self in the movement of nock, draw, aim, and release. In this physical exercise, one would also seek perfection of each movement, and this morning's meditation had produced some results which he felt required a more quiet examination.

It felt easier - cleaner, more focussed, Windsight muses, absently watching Xarmas and Drasven assist the Temple's healers in their morning ministrations to the injured. For all that, it also felt ... constrained. I very much desire to get my hands on a better bow, a longer one, and see if it feels differently.

His own bow and quiver of arrows rest at his side; a few basic items for a day out of town (one which might extend to two or three) await him in his room, packed last night so he can quickly snag it. He isn't sure what they're all doing, but something was meant to go on, so ...


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia - The Cathedral in her Room

Lia turns around to Kira: "Don't I look silly with pigtails? But I do trust your judgement...", Lia smiles at her roommate.
Usually, Lia kept her hair open all the time...but Kira had some experience experimenting with different styles - surely, her taste in these things is better than my own - she's beautiful. She cares about things like dresses, and hairstyles, and jewellery, and makeup. She also wears clothing that show off her figure. I wonder if my breasts will grow, too...
Finding her eyes wander across Kira's physique while the other girl was standing, waiting to continue working on her hair, (something people not familiar with Lia could have interpreted as rude), Lia simply smiles unapologetically at Kira when she realizes she was spacing out, then steadies her head and looks forward again:"Surprise me-"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

That smile and that touch. Ro gets a warm rush and a funny feeling in her stomach. She thinks You could ask for just about anything right now and I'd give it to you. but she says "Discount? I swear it never crossed my mind."

She smiles back at Rynshinn without any sarcasm, irony, or desire to induce any effect, and it feels good. Ro slides her arm back slowly so she can take Ryn's hand. "I'm glad you said yes."

"I could see on your face that you'd rather keep your preferences on the down-low. I have a well broken-in boot for the backside of anyone who has a problem with what I do. But I'm not risking much either. You have to make a living here. Nobody will hear a peep from me about this unless you give the word. I promise."

"I should get going, I have to meet up with the others for a trip out to the Tickwood this morning. Seems we won ourselves a boar hunting jaunt from a Magnimarian noble for yesterday. Should be a hoot, and since I doubt hardly any of us have the slightest idea how to hunt boars, I doubt any will even come to harm."

Rojava says goodbye to Rynshinn and walks to the door. With her hand on it but before she opens it, she turns back. "If over the next few days you begin to feel like it would be too risky for us to be out at the theater and about, we could also just stay in." Ro gives her a wicked smile and waves bye.

She floats back up to the cathedral to find the others, thinking no matter how good or lousy the rest of the day goes now it can't be anything less than excellent in sum.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd smiles as the other Godmarked show up from their morning activities. I thought there was supposed to be some aristocrat meeting us for this hunt? I wonder where he is. He thinks as he greets his compatriots.

I may not be a grand hunter, but don't we normally want to be in the wood as close to sunrise as possible? Gwyd asks no one in particular.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

"No sirree Gwydd. If you're hunting birds, deer, or just fishing even, sure early is good.
Boar hunting? Any time of day is fine really. Boar get riled up at any time of day and fight
just as hard in the dark as they do during the day."

Smiling broadly, Karmid waves toward the distant wood.

"I just spent the last year or so out there hunting such and similar, and I can tell you there are
plenty more out there to find. No hurry needed I guess. But I do wonder where this Aldern is...?"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava arrives at the cathedral looking unusually glowy and chipper.

"Hey folks, what's the plan? I figured I'd be late, but we're all just standing around?"


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Hello Fran, and yes, she talked at length. It was...mostly good things."

She smiles a welcoming smile, and then her eyes go wide.

"And there is the rascal there."

She points over Fran's should.

"Although, that begs the question. Karmid's right, where is our host?"


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral

Lia finally comes down the stairs her hair in pigtails, it looks cute if a bit different from her usual style. It accentuates how young she truly looks to be sure.

As the Godtouched wonder where Aldern is the sounds of horses riding up to the Cathedral can be heard and it sounds like a lot of them! With the front doors open you can see the Nobleman wearing a riding outfit more fit for a leisurely ride than a hunt. He is being followed by Daviren Hosk and four of his employees. Each rider is also leading horses by their bridles. Ten horses in all sit outside of the Cathedral!

"A fine day for a hunt!" Aldern calls out.

Just then Father Zantus and Sister Thea enter the vestibule from the basement he calls out to the gathering, "Acolytes, please draw near!"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger:
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | HP 53/53 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Winking at Xarmas broadly, Karmid gestures at the arrival of the nobleman.

"Speak of the Asmodean Devil himself! Am I right?"

Karmid then turns and casually walks toward the Father without hesitation.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Pompous gets old fast, but pompous with horses might be alright for a day.

DMD wrote:
Just then Father Zantus and Sister Thea enter the vestibule from the basement he calls out to the gathering, "Acolytes, please draw near!"

Rojava rolls her eyes. As always the killjoy squad has perfect timing.

Ro walks over to see what they want.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Sorry, Father, not a good time, we're going hunting to fetch a few boars to make into a feast to lift the spirits of townsfolk again after yesterday. Didn't Talene tell you?"
Unsure, Lia stands in between Aldern and Zantus, looking back and forth, then seemingly makes up her mind and walks towards the entrance, looking at the horses.


Simultaneously, Flutter takes off from her shoulder, flying over to Father Zantus, gently sitting down on Windsights head(or anybody elses, if Windsight does not head to the father) and listening.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Ro notices Lia's hair and smiles slightly.

That's sure different. I wonder if she was thinking at all of Foxglove when she chose that? They were quite chummy last night. If it's for him, is that supposed to get him to step up or step back? If she's trying to tell him something, whatever it might be, I can see him just about as likely to get the exact opposite message as the right one. This should be fun to watch.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd cast his eyes between the recently arrived gaggle and the Father and Sister. With a slight droop in his shoulders, he walks over to Father Zantus to see what the man wants.

Can't we have this one morning to ourselves? Surely the gods wouldn't frown upon us walking among nature and the rest of the town? He thinks as he arrives.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven looks from nobleman to Faster Zandrus. On one hand the group obviously had a prior engagement but on the other hand despite him not being part of the acoytes, Father Zandrus is still a ranking priest in this town.
Making a swift decision, he calss out to the nobleman.
"Greetings and a fine day to you. The priest has called the others to him, pray grant us a moment in the name of the gods. May Abadar scales weighs in your favor."
Diplomacy 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Fran looks left and right, alternatively between the gaudy Aldern and the pious Zantus, a bit curious as to the sudden chaos.

-Acolytes? Wonder who's he talking about.- she thought to herself, feeling a tad unconcerned by that, she decides instead to pace towards Aldern instead to avoid robbing the man of his grand entrance.

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in passing as she crossed path with Ro that was heading towards Father Zantus, and herself heading to Aldern. There was a definite spring in her sister's steps this morning.

Arriving to the nobleman, she approaches him.
"I take it you've been caught in the middle of that goblin offensive the other day? How'd that fare?"

Knowledge Local about this Aldern person:
Know. Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female LN Human (Cheliaxian) Feral Shifter Druid 2 | HP: 14/17| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +6| Init: +2 | Perc:+9, SM:+5 | Speed 30ft | Animal Focus 5/5 Minutes | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Xarmas gave a wave to Karmid, and went to see what the priest had in mind.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

As she passes Francesca Ro gives her a helpless look and mutters "And so it goes here." under her breath.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight rises - not when the nobleman arrives, but when, shortly afterwards, the father does. His gaze is drawn (one might say inevitably) to Lia as she walks towards the cathedral doors, and he smiles at the nonstandard hairstyle she's wearing. Lifting his hand in a gesture to catch her as the two pass - probably when Figment flutters up to land lightly on his scalp lock - he says to her in a low voice, "Remind me to tug on your hair later today. It's traditional." A ghost of a smile twitches across his lips before he continues on with his ultralight passenger.

He is not an acolyte - not many of the Godtouched actually are - but he lives on the Temple grounds, and accepts its largesse, so it's only right to pay first courtesies to the person who's assisted you for a year, as compared to the person who wants to compliment you on a couple of shots made the day before. And so he continues on to see what it is Zantus desires.

Nobility be damned; courtesy applies to all.


Shadow's Status

The Cathedral

As the Godtouched approach the Father and the Sister Lia blurts out her statement. He and Sister Thea look at each other and then back at all of you and they start laughing. Laughing so hard they have tears streaming down their faces.

After a few moments they stop, "Sister Thea and I were going to ask for your help this morning with a number of issues. However, in light of how hard you have all worked in preparing the Festival and considering the events of last night we have decided to allow you all a full two days of rest and recuperation. If you choose to do so hunting down boar for a feast, by all means go and may Erastil guide your aim!"

Outside The Cathedral

Aldern smiles at Drasven and Fran responding to each, "Not well. Your friends saved my life! I will repay them for that service and that repayment starts today in kind.

Certainly, Drasven was it, far be it from me to interrupt those who dedicate their life to service when duty calls. I suppose if I must I can extend my stay a few more days for the hunt".


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

Rojava is relieved to hear that's all there was to it. With a "Thank you!" to the clergy she makes for the door right away. This is turning out to be one blessedly lucky day!

Outside she finds Francesca and tells her "Turned out to be nothing, we're all set to go."

Then she draws Fran aside and says "So I've been thinking and I have a proposal for you. You've seen after last night and this morning that things are pretty tight up here for space, and also freedom of movement. I've been thinking for a while now about leaving Sandpoint and getting out from under a few thumbs. But now that you're here (along with someone else perhaps) for a while as well I'll be staying on. What would you think though about looking around for a place to rent for ourselves, so we don't have to live here? I'm sure we could find something cheap enough, and avoiding the daily routine here would be worth the cost alone. Trust me on that. Besides, it would be fun!"


Female NG Human Fighter (Armor Master) 2 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 22 (T: 13, F: 18) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20'

Before Ro dragged her further aside, she responded to Aldern briefly.
"You are alive, whether you were saved or fended on your own. To still breathe come end of day, i call that doing well, wouldn't you say?"

She gets quite rapidly after grabbed by the arm by Rojava and tugged to the side, her eyes going wide in surprise on the spot, and then chuckling realizing it's just her sister.

Well, that.. actually sounds good, if you are staying near Sandpoint that is. As i saw last night, those rooms in the cathedral can get a bit cramped for more than one person, and was going to have to look for a room for myself eventually. If we could split the costs to afford a roomier place temporarily, that would be good i'd say..." she trails off, pondering for a moment.

That CAN'T be a coincidence.

She looked right into her sister's eyes, with a raised right eyebrow.

"You've been fine living in the place for years. What's going on all of a sudden?" she asks. Giving a little pause before pointing out: "I know you well enough that a change like that for you, something happened. Tell me."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 13/13

bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Ro's eyes widen innocently. "Well yes, something did happen. You showed up last night with plans to stay here." she says smooth as buttah. "I've been planning on leaving for a while now. I'm nearly six years into living in that room, and fine isn't the same thing as good. I was surprised yesterday when Malcelano, the guy who left last night, told everyone he was leaving. I'd always been sure I'd be first. I guess I felt a little competitive about it, but it gave me a jolt."

"But I'm certainly not leaving Sandpoint if you're here. Besides I couldn't afford a place on my own, so this hasn't ever been a possibility before now."

Rojava is dying to tell Fran, but a promise is a promise. It would be completely pathetic to not even make it through a whole day without breaking it.

Is there a bluff bonus for merely lying by omission? :p

501 to 550 of 3,743 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.