Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,751 to 4,800 of 14,076 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Astri and sorrin make their way to the room top while the other go inside the building.

Astri and sorrin:

You find two dead archers on the room and lot of blood. There is door leading down into the building ant it is open,

Chell, Torgue, and Bri.:

You notice the downstairs is is riddled with broken boxes, and crates. It it smells of urine and rotten food. There is a stair way leading to the next level up and large trap door in the floor that is open that hangs over the water. Clearly a way to get things off of small boats.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Baldwin, Astrianna:
Well, at least Thrasher put up a fight... wonder how our mongoose... magus faired.

Shall we continue? Sheathing blade, Sorrin takes a bow and arrows.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Unless he was able to collect his own that he'd dropped outside. Didn't realize Preggo was letting us operate. Thought he was telling us to leave... Sorry.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Baldwin and Sorrin:
Astrianna's eyebrows raise as she clambers on top of the roof, eyes looking over the archers and noticing a distinct lack of the magus. The bard whispers a quick cantrip, and a quad of dancing lights appear above her head. "He did some serious damage... Must have went inside afterwards."

She makes a note to search the archers for goodies later, and focuses on the open door. She moves her light to the entrance and peers inside, taking her bow out of its case.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Evil GM

I need to tie up Adriel's disappearance form the game.


Evil GM

astri and sorrin:

You notice there is another dead body on his empty floor. there is sign of serious spell damage and there is open window that overlooks the water.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Chell,Bri,Baldwin:
Torgue looks around for any sign of this Adriel.Just give me a quick rundown on what he looks like. He asks of Bri as they move around the warehouse. His club his held over his shoulder as his eyes drift over the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Evil GM

torgue:

You don't see any signs of life on this floor, you do spot an empty bottle of firewhisky near the stairs.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Chel,Bri,Baldwin:
I'm not seeing anyone here, he might of been struck down and ended up in the water.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Baldwin and Sorrin:

Astrianna frowns at the sight of another dead body, and motions for Sorrin to follow her down. Bow in hand, she grabs an arrow from her quiver and puts it in a ready position, slowly and silently moving along the floor. She kneels down over the dead body for a moment, attempting to identify who they may have been.

After inspecting the body, she moves towards the open window and pokes her head out, scanning the surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Astrianna and Baldwin:
Sorrin tries to assure Astrianna and lighten the mood. I think they fled, as either predators or prey... I don't know.

I'll never know if that flying lizard tastes more like chicken wings or frog legs.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell keeps herself between Torque and Bri and in close proximity to both should they need help. She walks around keeping her eye out for danger though not really knowing what to look for in the case of drugs.


Evil GM

Astri and Sorrin:

when you look out the window you see thrasher flying circles around a stripped charred corpse floating out to see. You have a sinking feeling as you witness the several sharks strike the body.


Evil GM

chell, torgue, and bri:

when you get upstairs you notice Astri and Sorrin looking out of one of the rear windows.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue calls up to Astri and Sorrin.Hey there! Find your friend Adriel?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Astrianna and Baldwin:
I refuse to believe that's him... Astri. He's smarter than that.. It may not have been evident, but it was the first time he'd called her by the familiar.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives Sorrin a weak smile at his joking. "You'd probably have to chew for a while, that lizard seems tough."

Looking out the window, the half-elf covers her mouth with her hand in surprise at the sign of Thrasher circling a body at sea. Recovering quickly, she sighs heavily and looks down when Torgue calls up from the ground floor. "I'm afraid we may have. His familiar, Trasher, is circling over a charred corpse in the sea, which is... being eaten by sharks. Either Adriel made a cooked meal for the sharks or he is the meal. S*&*, Elf, did you go after the barge yourself and get fried by a wizard?" She curses, sticking her head out the window again.

"THRASHER! COME HERE!" She calls from the window, trying to get the familiar's attention. If that is Adriel out there, I doubt he will leave his side... but it's worth a try. Turning to Sorrin, the bard has a look that is a mixture of worry and frustration on her face. "He's cocky, Sorrin. Rightfully so, given his skill, but we all have limits. He might have bit off more than he can chew. I hope he shows up but the situation looks... bad."

Pushing away from the window with irritated force, she speaks to all present from the upper floor. "There's a few dead up here, clear magic damage everywhere. Let's search them for valuables and any information hat might help with our mission, then head to Pier 13. If that's Adriel floating out there, we'd have to gut sharks for days to even find one of his bones. We couldn't get a boat in time to fish out his body." She leaves the window and starts to pat down the body on the top floor before moving on to the roof to rifle through their belongings. Astrianna is strangely silent, and clearly frustrated given the rough way she handles the bodies of the smugglers.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue looks out over the water and listens to Astrianna's frustrations. Giving a low sigh, he keeps his mouth shut and helps search the bodies.


Evil GM

gold: 3d100 ⇒ (79, 48, 34) = 161
silver: 3d100 ⇒ (24, 3, 30) = 57

3 masterwork long bows
37 arrows
(7) +1 arrows
3 daggers
3 masterwork short swords
3 msw studded leather

6 blue whinnis poison.

You do find a folded piece of parchment inside one man's leather armor where you found a vial of poison. It reads Old Fish's Supplies


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue checks the note. Hmm..Where have I heard about that?

Know-Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Unfortunately, Torgue's mind is still addled from booze and bloodlust.


Evil GM

Now what are you going to do?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Following Astrianna's lead... for now.

Sorrin does swap out a masterwork bow.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Baldwin, did Thrasher respond to Astri's call?

How much gold was in the heavy coin pouch Embri nicked?

Astrianna looks over the note, making a noise of curiosity and contemplation. "You have heard of Old Fish's Supplies because it's supposedly a great play to buy bait and tackle... Apparently they dabble on the side in other business. I saw Commander Chambers go into Old Fish's the other day. I didn't know what he was up to, and honestly I still don't, but the place could warrant a visit now. I like to keep an eye out for exotic markets."

Astrianna loads up her Haversack with their finds, placing the magical arrows in her normal quiver. She loads up everything but two of the studded leathers- there's not enough room in her haversack and someone else will have to carry it. "You don't seem the kind to use poison, Sorrin, but you're welcome to it. We'll have to make a trip to Jak's tomorrow, we can get a decent amount of gold out of this equipment, and everyone will get their cut."

When they're finally ready to go, it's off to Pier 13 for a little chat with Redd.


Evil GM

FYI: the masterwork longbows are not composite bows.


Evil GM

Thrasher is not leaving the body that the sharks are attacking. He tries to peck at one when he can.

bri's pouch had 500 GP and 250 GP in pearls


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue eyes the circling lizard lizard and hears it's mournful cries. All set for whatever needs to be done.


Evil GM

The party makes their way back towards Pier 13 and a small warehouse in the vicinity. You see two men each with a dog loitering around and there is bit of activity towards the end of the pier but you don't see the barge there.

perception checks.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Maybe.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 0_0

Yep


Evil GM

chell and Sorrin:

You see a shadowy figure that introduced himself as Redd, stepping into a darkened doorway in the warehouse. He has someone behind him who turned and looked around to make sure they were not followed.

Meanwhile the two men loitering with their dogs address you (they are 40 feet away), "Ye lost...?" The two dogs have their noses twitching. "This be privat'...no trespassin'"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Prior to going to Pier 13-

Astrianna gathers up the loot and starts walking towards their next destination. "Torgue, your assistance has been appreciated and perhaps instrumental. I'm willing to give you a fair cut- a one-fifth share, if you stay on with us until we can get all of this money and such dealt with."

She sighs and addresses everyone as they walk. "I will try to get some information out of Redd with coin and promises. I'm not anticipating trouble. However, if they know we're the ones that attacked the barge, we'll be in for a long, hard fight, and the Sergeant said Redd was known for violence."

At the pier-

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Astrianna places her hands on her hips as the two men call out. "If this is Pier 13, we're exactly where we intended to be. I was told to ask for Redd- please inform him Iolanda Acciaioli wishes to discuss business."

The half-elf glances back to everyone, and whispers. "Be on your toes. Until we're talking to Redd this could turn into a scrap at any moment."


Evil GM

"Ass...it, who is here?' The guard having trouble with the pronunciation.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Before pier.

Torgue listens to Astri's words and nods. You have yourself a deal, I've been looking for work for a bit and well it must be luck that I wandered by your scrap.

Torgue will stay to Astri's left while she speaks to the goons.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Crossing her arms over her chest, she clearly pronounces the syllables for the guard. "Eye-oh-lawn-dah. Just.. tell him the half-elf buyer that was at the warehouse is ready to do business."

Glancing back at everyone else, she whispers. "Remind me to pick simpler fake names."


Evil GM

He nods and walks to the door he knocks and whispers to the person on the other side of the door. After a few moments he heads back to his friend and whispers to him. "It'll be few minutes." with that the dogs pace around the two men but they go back to toss some knuckle bones.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna nods to the man, waiting with slight impatience. Well, now we either walk directly into an ambush or everything turns out fine. Given today's luck, I'm not optimistic.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue holds steady!


Evil GM

A few minutes later a man emerges with large dog, he has two associates with him each with dogs they scan the area and then walk quickly in the other direction. A forth person in the doorway whistles which gets the knuckle bones players attention. "He'll see you now." He points towards the doorway.

I couldn't log on for a couple hours, the site was down.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives the guards a nod. "Thank you, gentlemen." The bard strides confidently, but there is a nagging in the back of her mind. Ambush. Ambush. Ambush. You'll be the next one floating in the bay- just like Adriel. No one will care, and you'll be left for the sharks- just like you left Adriel.

She gives her head a shake and presses fingers to her temples, massaging the area slowly. "Priestess, if you have any sepll that will help the negotiations, I would appreciate the blessings of Quell."

The bard runs through possible scenarios in her mind.Acknowledge but act ignorant of the nature of the earlier attack, blame the dragoons. If they mention Adriel, say he betrayed you and went rogue. Grease Redd's palms, talk him into revealing where Bonegnaw's lair is, and leave. Attack the source, these folks are just trying to make a living. Calming herself down, she keeps her eyes out for any potential dangers or threats as she leads the party through the doorway, looking inside.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Just one but the way you have handled all the conversations so far," she shrugs, "doubt you will need it." But just to be sure, Chell pats Astrianna on the shoulder, a bit of divine energy transferring between them.

Enhanced Diplomacy: +2 to Diplomacy or Intimidate

"The only other thing I have that could help is a scroll that will allow you to comprehend almost all languages."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue keeps close to Astri as she enters.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin is patient, emptying his mind... no point in worrying or planning. A warrior trusts he will find a way.

Emotions can only get... in the way. Pity, though. The dogs did not deserve what's coming.


Evil GM

There are guards as soon as you enter the doorway, "Weapon's away and hilt locks secured." They pause making sure everyone complies.

Are you complying with the order? Otherwise they are not permitting fully armed people to get closer.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's breath flutters as the divine power courses through her. "Thank you. Did I ever mention your hair looks lovely?" She clears her throat, blinking a few times. "Slightly more potent spell than expected."

The bard complies with the request to keep their weapons secure, keeping her sword locked in its scabbard and checking her bow case. "Of course."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"It often happens the first time," Chell says smiling at Astri. "And thank you."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue grunts and puts his club back on his back. Not that I need it, I can just crush them all with my fists.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin hesitates, like any sane person would... entering a literal den of thieves. But then he smoothly reaches over and fastens all three scimitars.


Evil GM

The guards nod and then step aside so you can enter the second doorway. Inside the small warehouse you see Redd he is pacing looking genuinely pissed off, he is has two other mean in the room with him.

you can make a perception check.

"It's you...were you behind the busted up shipment? Kinda convenient you'll happened along." he spits. 'Who sent you along...you one of the Salty Dogs - a new recruit since his misstep -...worthless bastard...you are worse skum you one of Nightslinks?" He growls, "I should have you blasted there...I can you know!" He is obviously irate and suspicious of you and what appears to be rival gangs or groups.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Should have asked you before Baldwin, but what is your take on casting spells such as Charm Person and having other people notice the spellcasting? Everyone is very focused on Astri at the moment, so I would assume there would be at least a perception check by others or by him if he succeeded his throw. He seems to be a spellcaster, which would make Astri wary of casting anything on him anyway- old-fashioned way for now.

Astrianna is not surprised to see the man upset, and she raises an eyebrow at his irritated ramblings. She folds her arms over her chest and lets him get it out. Surprising amount of information in that little rant. The bard inhales slowly, and exhales- in her mind the limelight shines brightly against her bronze skin, the stage is set, the audience stares with anticipation- she delivers her lines without fault. She is back in Cassomir, trying to earn the trust of a new gang.

She looks concerned at first. "What do you mean busted up shipment? What happened to the barge that was supposed to arrive? Do you not have anything to sell?" The half-elf sighs, acting exasperated.

The bard shakes her head and her melodic voice is filled with (what appears to be) genuine empathy. "This is quite unfortunate for all of us, but we are not to blame. Shortly after we spoke, I lost track of my magus, but he often disappeared and reappeared, so I thought little of it. We heard the fighting and figured there was some kind of dispute over the shipment, and came as fast as we could- dragoons were on the scene, and I found my magus- charred and dead in the water."

With her acting skills it would be difficult for anyone to tell, but genuine sadness does cross her face at this point. "A shame, he was an incredible fighter, and I considered him a friend. But, it's clear now." Her features harden, and fists clench as anger creeps into her voice. "He was using us to learn about and inevitability attack the trade in the city. I suspect he was working for someone else besides me, someone with a vested interest in stamping out the trade. His disappearances become quite explainable, then."

She places her hand over her chest in a sign of understanding. "I understand your anger at the lost shipment, but we are not your enemy, Redd- and we are not here to quarrel. I'm here to do business- independent business. If you do not have goods, perhaps we can work out another agreement."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Diplomacy to influence attitude: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20

Edit: almost forgot

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

4,751 to 4,800 of 14,076 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.