Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,801 to 4,850 of 14,076 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Rather cold there putting the blame on her friend, but I figure she really doesn't mean it. Plus, it will make her story more sincere sounding.


Evil GM

There are feats you can invest in such as silenct and still spell that can hide your spellcasting. Otherwise, you will be seen.

"So your magus was behind the attack! May his soul burn and... he snarls, eyeballing you. "I hate traitors..." He is still visibly hostile towards everyone in general.

DM:

sense motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I figured. Next level I was going to ask if I could trade out my Spellsong feat for Prodigy because I never found a use for it, but I think I just found one after 3 months. Spellsong

Astrianna nods, glad that her bluff has worked so far. "He is Pharmasa's magus now- we left him for the sharks." She says coldly, though it pains her heart to do so. He isn't calming down. Well, it's all or nothing now.

She clears her throat. "Redd, you've had a rough day. I'm quite the singer, and I believe I have a song that can improve anyone's day..."

Don't have time to find a nice, real song, about to leave...

The bard begins to sing a soft, entrancing tune, her finger subtly moving as she weaves a Charm Person spell into the song, casting it on Redd. Will DC 15

Perform: Sing to Conceal Spellcasting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Ha. Figures. I knew the luck had to give out eventually. Now I really want to swap out spellsong... lol.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Don't worry, I have your back.


Evil GM

DM:

sense motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Kill her!"

I'll roll out initiatives soon


Evil GM

RC Initiative:

chell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Astrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sorrin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Embrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

torgue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Redd: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
smugglers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Initiative:
Chell
Smuglers
Torgue
Bri
Redd
Sorrin
Astri

I need a few minutes to put together a map on the fly.


Evil GM

Redd's Warehouse Map, RD 1


Evil GM

Astri the feat Spellsong is actually really cool. I didn't know it existed before your link but that is exactly what I'd expect a bard to do.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Spellsong is super cool but I have been struggling to find reasons to use it- It would be fantastic for a bard with a lot of mind-affecting spells, going to try it with Illusions sometime probably.

Well I had a decent chance of success- just 5 more on the diplomacy roll and things would have gone differently. Oh well, hard to convince someone hostile not to kill you. The dice want blood.

FIGHTIN TIME. Redd is the obvious first target, we want him alive if possible. Embri, got another sleep hex for him? Also, memo to self, pick up a Scroll of Hold Portal. Would be very useful right now.

Driving for the next several hours. I'm last in Initiative so if my 5' move doesn't make sense feel free to change it.

Round 1

Astrianna clenches her fists and yells at Redd. "You're stupid! I come here to spend coin... you'll regret this you son of Lamashtu!"

She begins to chant a battle-song, inspiring her allies and working in a slew of curses at Redd, whipping her bow out of her case.

5' step to L12

Move Action:Draw longbow, unless it takes longer due to weapon locking?

Move Action:Begin inspire Courage (13/16), no one gets a bonus until next round.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

For a brief moment Chell wished she had held on to the Prayer spell she prepared for the day but Torgue deserved the Cure spell at the time. Then she remembered why he deserved it. These thoughts went through here mind in the blink of an eye and she reacted quicker than she ever had. She reached out and touched him in the small of his back, channeling the power of her god. The already imposing man's muscles visibly swelled with strength. If he could break the fourth wall without it he should be able to break the fifth now.

Stay where I am and cast Bull's Strength on Torgue.


Evil GM

Perception rolls for those outside the room:
perception, F12: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
perception, D11: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

The two guards in the main area hear Redd's command and act.

At Bri:
F12, crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

d:11 moves up to F:11 and fires a crossbow at Bri,

F11, crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Both shots are at the flatfooted witch. After they shoot they drop the bows, the one that did not move pulls his short sword. the other will draw his sword next round.

Meanwhile in the room:

the two smugglers each move 5 feet closer and attack using short swords,

Sorrin:
shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Astri:
shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Two yell, "To Arms...to arms.

confirming crit on Bri:

F12, crossbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25;damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

The witch grunts as she is plugged with bolts.


Evil GM

Updated RD 1 Map

Redd = yellow halo
smugglers = red halo

(I should have flipped the halos around with the name.)


Evil GM

Initiative:
Chell - bull str on torgue
Smuglers - two shoot bri for 17 hp
Torgue
Bri
Redd
Sorrin
Astri - IC for next round, starts to draw bow


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

HP 61/76(71/86 when raging)
AC 18/T11/FF18 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 3/16
Effects:Bull's St(+4 Str +2 Hit/Damage)

Torgue shakes his head. Seems we are going to be making quite a bit of enemies here. He slides 5' to J-10, drawing his greatclub and seeing if he can continue his clubbing streak.Attack goon at L-10

Greatclub,Power Attack,Bull's Str: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Evil GM

Torgue the are has stools and table in it so it is difficult terrain, so a 5 ft step is not available. Togue moves forward and swings his greatclub, which hits the smuggler causing him discomfort.

Everyone note on the map there are stools, a table, wood and other items which make it a cluttered and difficult to do many 5-ft steps.

Update RD 1 Map

actions remaining: Bri, Redd, Sorrin


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Torgue gets 2 attacks.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Not if he uses a move to draw his weapon bruh.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Torgue gets 2 attacks.

He had to move as oppose to 5-ft step, so one of his actions was a move action.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Don't worry, Torgue will be line-driving them real soon.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Need to know where Redd ends up.

atk, nearest smuggler, scimitar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
dmg, scimitar: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Evil GM

I'm going to wait a bit longer to let Bri take her action before Redd goes. I'm not sure if she's traveling to see family. If she doesn't post this evening I'll DMPC her in the morning.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I decided to keep it simple and was rewarded with a 2, take your time!


Evil GM

RD 1: DMPC Bri

Startled and caught off-guard the witch attempts to hex one of the crossbowmen.

Will Save, slumber: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The closest man topples over in a slumber.


Evil GM

RD 1 Update

Initiative:
Chell - bull str on torgue
Smuglers - two shoot bri for 17 hp
Torgue - moves and hits one smuggler for 20HP
Bri - slumber on another smuggler
Redd
Sorrin - missed
Astri - IC for next round, starts to draw bow

Updated Map

*I have not moved Astri yet - there is an item in L:12 (a small stove) that hinders a 5 ft step there. She can go to K:12 or J:11 with a 5 ft step and be out of harms way.


Evil GM

RD 1: Redd

Angry at his sore luck the leader keeps yelling..."Kill 'em...to ARMS!" He fluidly tumbles and leaps onto the couch near astri then onto the floor.

acro: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

With two short swords in hand, he jabs with one.

One attack only since he used a MA.

shortsword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Make a fort save DC 17

Large Scorpion Venom:

Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 17

Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds

Effect 1d2 Str damage; Cure 1 save


Evil GM

Astri actually you will not be flat-footed since you tried to cast a spell as surprise.


Evil GM

Astri still has a save.

RD 2

Initiative:
Chell -
Smuglers -
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd
Sorrin -
Astri

RD 2 Map


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Can you help with some positioning, you lummox?!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage Active: +2 attack/damage/save vs fear and charm

Going last sucks I've been sitting here 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

Round 2

Fortitude save 5/6 rounds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Astrianna flinches back from one sword-blade only to get cut with one of Redd's. She cries in pain and clutches the wound briefly, her body suddenly feeling very heavy as she staggers backward. "Torgue, in front of me! Careful, they're using poisons!" At medium encumbrance now

S@#%, what was on that blade? I thought he was a spellcaster, with his talk of blasting.

The bard pulls an iron bar form her belt pouch and tosses it at Redd, weaving an arcane incantation into her battle chant.

5' step to J11 if available

Free action: Maintain Inspire courage (13/16)

Standard action: Cast Hold Person on Redd, DC 16 will saving throw.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Frustrated, Sorrin continues to engage the thug before him.

atk, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
dmg, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Sorry folks, the dice have it in for me... I think I am not thankful for on this day!


Evil GM

I'll fill in Sorrin and Astri's RD 2 actions when it closer to their turn. I'm waiting on Chell to go before the smugglers. If she doesn't go in a couple hours, I'll skip her and use the smugglers. She can post when she logs on then.

Sorrin your attack will miss.

Astri you can 5-ft step back to J:11 as part of your RD 1 action if you like rather than RD 2.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Sure, just doing what I can to prevent casting defensively.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Note to self, get delay poison as a spell or scroll. That or get siphon poison feat. Can I change out one of the crafting feats for it since I forgot to get rid of them?

Astri is poisoned and outnumbered. Bri will have two enemies in a moment. Almost out of spells. We need to get out of here. I hope Quell understands my need. Chell's eyes cloud over as she calls on the most powerful spell she knows. She points at a Redd and bolt of lightning strikes the space he's in.

damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3 Seriously?

Cast Call Lightning. It does work indoors. I checked. DC 17 REF for half.


Evil GM

reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

The leader slips away from any harm for the lightning.

The CL description actually states it works indoors or underground.


Evil GM

RD 2 Smugglers:

Smuggler 1 steps up 5 feet while drawing his short sword and jabs at Bri (moves for F:11 to G:12)

att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bri winces in pain.

The smuggler in L:10 5-ft steps to K:11 to flank torgue.

He jabs his short sword at Torgue

att, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

I'm not sure if this its you I think it may if you are raging.

While I:9 attacks Sorrin,

att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

This missed.

The door in the far corner I:6 opens and crossbowman steps through and shoots at Chell, he doesn't seem phased by the cluster of people engaged in battle. Moves to J:7. While another bowman pops up (he doesn't fire this round as he opened the door. He is standing at I:5)

crossbow, pt blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26;dam, pt pt blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The bolt thumbs into the priestess hard.

he rapidly reloads the light crossbow (rapid reload - free action)


Evil GM

Updated RD 2 Map


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:

Note to self, get delay poison as a spell or scroll. That or get siphon poison feat. Can I change out one of the crafting feats for it since I forgot to get rid of them?

That is fine.


Evil GM

RD 2 update

Initiative:
Chell - call lightning
Smuglers - attacked hit bri 5Hp, Hit torgue? 5hp, hit chell 8 HP
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd
Sorrin - attacked missed
Astri - IC, casting spell?

Astri you may have to cast defensively.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Not raging yet. but here I gooooooo!

HP 61/76(71/86 when raging)
AC 18/T11/FF18 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 3/16
Effects:Bard Song (+2 hit/damage/saves vs fear) Bull's Str(+4 str)

Seeing Astri about to be swarmed by targets and the door open behind Chell, Torgue cuts his hand on a sharp protrusion on his club that was imbedded by the shaman who enchanted it. A red haze fills his vision as he releases the beast and prepares for massive smashing!

Raging as free action

He swings at the thug at thug at K-11

Greatclub,Power attack,Rage,Bull's Str,Inspired #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Greatclub,Power attack,Rage,Bull's Str,Inspired #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 211d10 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Evil GM

Torgue's becomes furious and pounds the rogue closest to Astri with his club, splattering blood everywhere. The rogue crumples to the ground.

Updated RD 2 Map


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I like to imagine that a teeny raincloud appeared above Redd and shot an adorable bolt of lightning at him.

Concentration check if needed- I think Torgue just jellied that smuggler though.

Concentration check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Torgue if Redd fails his saving throw for the Hold Person, eff him up. Actually, eff him up regardless. He does too much damage, we can always stabilize him.


Evil GM

lets see if Bri checks in soon. If not I'll dmpc her.

RD 2: Redd

Redd will 5-ft step to K 12 and he will ram both swords into Astri's belly,

Att 1
att: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
att: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Att 2:
att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Really!!!


Evil GM

You concentration check fails astri to cast defensively....you loose the spell and get an AOO against you.

att: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Evil GM

RD 2 updated map


Evil GM

RD 2: Bri DMPC

The witch will try to slumber the smuggler in front of her.

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

There is another thud as the man falls over.

"We've a clearing back here...hurry." she yells.

Bri moves through the open doorway.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Yay I'm not sliced bard! It's all in the darkwood buckler. Also concentration check DC for Hold person is 19, so unless Astri can take 5' step with her Rd 2 movement to I11 she'll provoke an AoO from Redd. Also I'm getting damned Mirror Image ASAP I get stuck in melee combat so often.

Hope Embri pops in we could use some magicz and debuffs


Evil GM

RD 3

Initiative:
Chell -
Smuglers -
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd
Sorrin -
Astri -

RD 3 Map


Evil GM

Does anyone use herolab? I like the new set-up. I haven't logged on in couple weeks because of work.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

With paying for resource books, seems like an addiction...


Evil GM

Astri since you posted a bit early if you want that 5 ft step to I:11 avoid the AOO from Redd, I'll let you do it. I just saw your recent post, it looks like we were posting at the same time.

Hold person save:
will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

4,801 to 4,850 of 14,076 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.