Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,851 to 4,900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
With paying for resource books, seems like an addiction...

I use to like building characters from scratch but HL makes it so easy to whip characters/NPCs/Monsters up. I don't know how I DM'd without it.


Evil GM

RD 3

Initiative:
Chell -
Smuglers -
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd
Sorrin -
Astri -

RD 3 Map reflecting Astri's 5 ft step in RD 2.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

My luck has run out it seems, didn't even slow Redd down. Going to see what everyone else does before posting to avoid muddling the actions up again. On the subject of hero labs I'll get it one day, when I start GMing... one day...


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Seeing a way out Chell disengages from Redd who had moved in for the kill.

Withdraw to E8.


Evil GM

RD 3: smugglers

"G't 'em guud, 'fore they run."

The smuggler in I:9 stabs at Sorrin one more time,

shortsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

While the two crossbowman understand the raging concern that would be Torgue each fire and then rapidly reloads.

J:7
crossbow, pt blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24;dam, pt pt blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

the bolt slices the drunk's mid-thigh.

I:5
crossbow, pt blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14;dam, pt pt blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

the smuggler take a 5 ft step up after he fires at torgue keeping the desk between him and the others.


Evil GM

Update RD 3 Map


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Frustrated, Sorrin continues to engage the thug before him.

atk, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
dmg, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10


Evil GM

sorrin strike hard but the smuggler (I:9) is still alive although he has sprung sever leaks between sorrin's blade and torgue's previous bashing.


Evil GM

RD 3 update

Initiative:
Chell - withdrew
Smuglers - attacked one bowman hit Torgue for 7 HP
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd
Sorrin - hit I:9 for 10 HP
Astri -


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

HP 54/76(64/86 when raging)
AC 18/T11/FF18 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 4/16
Effects:Bard Song (+2 hit/damage/saves vs fear) Bull's Str(+4 str),Raging

Torgue shuffles over 5' to J-11 and glares at Redd Didn't yer momma tell you not to run with sharp objects!? You'll put your eye out! Torgue swings his club at Redd's blade.

Using Smasher 1/Rage power. Ignore Hardiness on Sunder attempt

Sunder attempt,Rage,Inspired,Bull's Str: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 271d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

CMB should be 11 base+2 Rage+2Inspired+2 Bul's Str


Evil GM

magical weapon - save is 2+1/2 CL for weapon or the owners save which ever is higher

Owners save is higher. I'm assuming this is fort save rather than a reflex save. You need to clarify this for me in the future.

save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The weapon does not make it's save so it has taken 12 HP of damage since torgue by-passes the hardness.

hardness 10 + 2=12
HP 5 + 10 = 15

I haven't use the sunder rules much, so I'm not sure if a short sword is one handed blade or a one-handed hafted weapon. I'm using the stats on the one handed blade.

Note: if you are going to be sundering a lot you need to know these rules and post a quick summary for me that will make it easier. Obviously you don't know if they are magical or the CL and I can add that to the stats.


Evil GM

RD 3: Redd

One of Redd's sword bends and weakens so he feints (improved feint) to try to catch the lumbering ox without his dexterity.

bluff: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

versus 10+6 bab + 0 wis

Torgue doesn't quite follow the quick movement of the Redd who proceeds to strike with his the blade that has been damaged,

sword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
sneak: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 3) = 15

A vicious wound appears on the brute. He steps 5-ft up to J:12.

20 HP


Evil GM

Bri holds ready to cast a spell.


Evil GM

RD 3 update

Initiative:
Chell - withdrew
Smuglers - attacked one bowman hit Torgue for 7 HP
Torgue - moves up and sunder weapon
Bri - holds in the other room
Redd - feints and sneaks atts torgue
Sorrin - hit I:9 for 10 HP
Astri -

Updated RD 3


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage Active: +2 attack/damage/save vs fear and charm

Round 3

Fortitude save 4/6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Down to 11 str

Astrianna feels the weight of her armor get more heavily with every passing second, shaking her head in an attempt to shrug it off.

She sees the open door and moves towards it, stopping as she nearly trips over a sleeping smuggler. The bard looks back and glares at Redd, quickly knocking an arrow and firing it into the back of the smuggler's neck. "Another dead, Redd. If only you'd cooperated, you'd b up to men and a sizable amount of gold."

Free action: Maintain inspire courage (12/16)

5'step to H12

Full-round action:Coup de grace on smuggler G12

Longbow x3 inspired, -1 damage from composite due to str incompatibility: 1d8 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 - 1 = 3

Longbow x3 inspired, -1 damage from composite due to str incompatibility: 1d8 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 - 1 = 9

Longbow x3 inspired, -1 damage from composite due to str incompatibility: 1d8 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 - 1 = 6

18 damage total DC 18 fort save or die

If I can't perform the 5' step due to the barrels or door, 20' withdraw to F10


Evil GM

That is wall between you and the barrels. You can't take a full action of coup de grace G:12 and withdraw in the same round.

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

You kill the helpless slumbering smuggler in G:12.


Evil GM

RD 4

Initiative:

Chell -
Smuglers -
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd -
Sorrin -
Astri -

RD 4 Map


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


"Another dead, Redd...."

"He was expend'ble besides more cut fer those livin'" His crooked grim, "I'm gonna take pl'sure in skinnin' you once the ox is dead. Split yer party baby...split 'em guud." The sound of a dog scratching at the front door you entered can be heard by Chell, Bri and Astri.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Were you distracted by the "shiny"? Next time, we do this... my way.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell hesitates as she draws the power to blast the helpless man on the ground. Quell was about helping people not attacking the helpless. The dog scratching on the door provided a welcome distraction. Its pawing reminded her of those waiting outside. She alters the gethered energy to stop whatever decided to come through.

Move to draw cure light wand. Probably going to need it. Delay action to cast Hold Person on the first thing that comes through the doorway. DC 16 Will.


Evil GM

RD 4: Smugglers

The door swings open from outsides and lunging through is one guard and his dog, Chell instinctively hits the guard with her spell.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

hold person would not work on the dog

the guard dog bounds forward and bites at Bri...

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5;damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
plus trip. trip: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

...but the dog is too excited to clamp on his target.

The armed man freezes in the doorway but the dog springs forward.

--------
Meanwhile back in the inner office...

I:9

Hoping to finally hit his enemy the injured man in front of Sorrin thrusts out his short sword,

att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

the feeble attack misses.

I:6
The man in the doorway shoots at Sorrin,

crossbow, pt blank, precise shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26;dam, pt pt blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Suddenly there is whizzing sound followed by a loud thunk of a bolt sinking into sorrin's body.

J:7

Takes aim at the drunken ox who is now flanked,

crossbow, pt blank, precise shot, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21;dam, pt pt blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

sneak: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8

The smell of alcohol fills the room as Torgue springs another leak.


Evil GM

RD 4 update

Initiative:

Chell - hold person
Smuglers - One bolt hit Sorrin for 4 HP, one bolt hit Torgue for 12 HP
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd -
Sorrin -
Astri -

Updated RD 4 Map


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin stares down at the shaft that sticks out of him and doubles his effort against his immediate foe as he nods acknowledgement to the crossbowman.

atk, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
dmg, nearest thug, scimitar, inspried: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

I think you can only get "flanking" when making a melee attack. You can sneak attack with range (if opponent is loses Dex). Unless you found something that does allow it... in which case, I need to know for my own rogue-y goodness.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Also, Sorrin should have soft cover (+4 AC) with respect to the guy in the doorway... 26 hits anyway. His buddy is just in his way.


Evil GM

Grrr...I had misread the flanking with rogue/range weapon sneak attack. so basically, unless the rogue gets the jump at the start of the round, or somehow is hidden, or the opponent is blinded, or is invisible it is extremely difficult to have get sneak attack with a ranged weapon.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Yessir, that's why I was annoyed when Gerard lost the Init.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Yessir, that's why I was annoyed when Gerard lost the Init.

Unfortunately for the archers they do not have improved feint which would work, especially, with their rapid reload feat. Redd on the other hand does have that feat which for a rogue is must IMHO.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Int 13 and Combat Expertise as pre-reqs... Tough to commit.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

What does the blue circle around the two in my room mean?


Evil GM

You put those two to sleep, Astir subsequently killed one.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Is the door to this room open to the outside? Wandering if we should be worried about reinforcements.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Int 13 and Combat Expertise as pre-reqs... Tough to commit.

13 int isn't hard for rogue since they are skill monkeys, but the combat expertise hurts. Ihe best way I've found is to make the person human to get the bonus feat.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Is the door to this room open to the outside? Wandering if we should be worried about reinforcements.

The doors at E/F 13 are open that is where the dog came in and the person in the door way at E:14 is a held person.

The door at H:12 is open and adjoins two rooms.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Don't see anything else in my room right now, so will ready to sleep hex the next thing that tries to enter from the outside door.


Evil GM

Bri - You are being attacked by a dog right now.

FYI - I've already did use your slumber hex twice.


Evil GM

Togue your turn.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

I suddenly noticed that I can't be flanked due to being a 5th level Barbarian and Having Improved Uncanny Dodge but forgot to write that down on my sheet. I'll suck up the damage and be sure to write that down on my sheet.

HP 29/76(39/86 when raging)
AC 18/T11/FF18 (-2 when raging)
Saves F10/R3/W4
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Rage used 4/16
Effects:Rage,Inspire,Bull's Str

Bleeding everywhere, Torgue 5'steps to I-11 and unleashes two massive blows at Redd

Greatclub,Power attack,rage,Inspired,Bull's str #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d10 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Greatclub,Power attack,rage,Inspired,Bull's str #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d10 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


Evil GM
Torque2 wrote:

I suddenly noticed that I can't be flanked due to being a 5th level Barbarian and Having Improved Uncanny Dodge but forgot to write that down on my sheet. I'll suck up the damage and be sure to write that down on my sheet.

Redd and the crossbow man didn't flank you anyway that was the discussion sorrin and I had. You only took 4 HP of damage from the bolt.


Evil GM

RD 4: redd

Torgue's first attack missed the leader but you second whack clubbed him hard. There is loud crack and grunt, "I'll run ye scurvy arse through." He spits then fakes high befor going low,

MA
bluff, Imp F: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

versus 10+6 bab + 0 wis

Once again the lug blinks as the single sword probes for a tender spot...

sword: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24;damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
sneak: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 2) = 12

His blade hits home causing a wicked gouge in the barbarian.

"C'me in mehouse and make demands...you blood traitor, who y'workin' fer!!!"


Evil GM

RD 4 update

Initiative:

Chell - hold person
Smuglers - One bolt hit Sorrin for 4 HP, one bolt hit Torgue for 12 HP
Torgue - hits Redd once for 22 HP
Bri -
Redd - hit torgue for 16 HP
Sorrin - missed
Astri -

Bri you have that dog that you can attack.

Sorrin I can't believe how terrible you dice have been.

Updated RD 4 Map


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I'm not asking for much... a 7?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Oh, totally didn't see the dog marker on that last map I was looking at.

Bri is getting a bit annoyed now and just wants to set some things on fire. She casts Burning Gaze and looks down at the annoying dog. "I'm more of a reptile person anyway."

Burning Gaze dc save 16. Fort save or catch on fire, reflex save to put out fire.

If I'm late posting again, just have me go stare at more people if possible. :)


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage Active: +2 attack/damage/save vs fear and charm

Round 4

Fortitude save Large Scorpion Poison 3/6: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Str at 11

Astrianna feels weaker than before, but the strength no longer drains from her limbs. However, she noticed a distinct difficulty in firing her compound bow, and with a pained expression drops it to the ground. She reaches into her Haversack, pulling out one of the longbows they pinched at the Crooked Pier.

Taking a step back through the door, she momentarily glances behind her as a dog bursts through the entrance, but decides Embri and Chell can handle it. Knocking a magical arrow in the new, but certainly not as good bow, she calls Redd out before loosing it at the smuggler.

"I'm an independent businesswoman, Redd! Here's a f~*&ing donation!"

Free Action: Maintain Inspire Courage (11/16)

Free Action: Drop compound longbow, Chimera

5' step G12

Move Action: Draw a masterwork longbow from Haversack

Standard Action: Give Redd a +1 arrow, preferably in the face

Mwk Longbow, inspired, point-blank, precise: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 25

damage, +1 arrow, inspired, point-blank, precise: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Precise Shot, as well.


M Dog Guard

The dog winces as the burn begins,

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

it's fur sizzles but doesn't catch on fire.


Evil GM

astri using her archer abilities - precise shot and Pt-blank - sue is able to hit Redd, the arrow sinks in hard.

Redd's been injured but he doesn't look bad....plenty of life left in him.


Evil GM

RD 5

Initiative:

Chell -
Smuglers -
Torgue -
Bri -
Redd -
Sorrin -
Astri -

RD 5 Beginning Map


Evil GM

"I'm gonna enjoy touch'n yer dead body." He has sparkle in his eye, "but first the drunk dies."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin steps back, I'd call dibs on her pale flesh beneath the moonlight, Redd. But, she's yours if you call the boys off.

atk, Redd, scimitar, inspried: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
dmg, Redd, scimitar, inspried: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

Whoa... Double digits! It's really too bad a 22 misses. That short sword dude is still providing soft cover.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

I'll crush ya under my arse, ya corpse shagger!

4,851 to 4,900 of 14,076 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.