Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,601 to 4,650 of 14,076 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Evil GM

torque make a perception check.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Well that plan went out the window and there are now a crap load of enemies. Shall we try a Trojan horse?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, this has gotten a bit more complicated. Astri, what do you think about casting that grease spell of yours on that barges gangplank? That might send a few of those fellas in the water at least and delay them getting off the barge."

Any good anchor points for a web spell to catch more than just one person?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

*URRPPPPPPPPPP!!!!*

Torgue sways a bit as he staggers down the street.


Evil GM

Using Bri's earlier 15 perception roll.

Bri you hear what sounds like a crate or some sort of wood being kicked behind you coming around the rear of the building that you all are at. Could they have out flanked you from the rear?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri jumps and turns around at the noise. "Watch out guys, someone is coming from that way."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Hope I don't get PK'd ;)

Torgue mutters to himself Dern back-breaking crates. Made me stay late*Urp* Hope my brew is ready I need somethin after all that trash.


Evil GM

Bri and Astri definitely hear at least one voice coming from around the corner but behind the group. It could be smugglers trying to flank around, it is definitely not the elf that you've sent to take out anyone on the roofs.


Evil GM

Updated Map with a better barge


Evil GM

Bri and Astri what, if anything, are you going to do or say about the voice coming form behind.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

So where are we? Can I reach the barge with longbow? Is it raised or does everyone on the dock provide cover? Range 110.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna curses under her breath as the barge pulls in. "Calistra's t#&+. This is getting worse by the minute. That's it. We go in swords swinging and spells blazing. Bri, I'll grease the area around the pier where they're unloading. Adriel, you-" She cuts off as the sound of busting crates catches her ear. "Ugh, what now?" The bard mutters, befre finishing telling Adriel to take out the roof support ASAP. The half-elf casts invisibility on him before speaking down the alleyway.

"I don't know who you are, but if you like a fight and want to make some coin, then I have a job for you. If not, f*~* off before I lose my patience and put an arrow in your ear- my mood is rapidly deteriorating."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Eh? What? Why are being so hostile like that? Astri sees a very large man slowly walk out of the alley. He looks to be built like a brick house but the effect is somewhat marred by a gut leading the way. he weaves a bit on his feet, perhaps because he is tipsy or perhaps because he has a large log on his back that is wrapped around one end for swinging.

You want to hire me for something? Bit of bodyguard work? Be glad to escort ya around since Shaw is pretty darn rough at night. *Urp*


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's eyebrows slowly raise as she gauges the size of the man before her. Looks like he was built by a mason. Calistra, I will never take your bust in vain again.

She smiles at the brute, taking the longbow from her back and testing the string. "Yes... Bodyguard work. I want to reach the barge that just pulled up to dock, but the men guarding it said I can't come aboard. Consider yourself hired... get me to that ship."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue's head swivels over to the ship and takes in the men. I can do that, but that sure is a whole lotta people. It just going to be us doing this? Torgue reaches back and draws out the LARGE club and rests it on his shoulders and exhales, sending out a waft of beer breath as she limbers up.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Astri's annoyance must have been rubbing off on Chell because as soon as the large, inebriated man rounds the corner all she can think is, By the gods what now? But now that the new plan seemed to be charge and hope for the best, Astri's quick thinking in hiring him will likely pay off. "Well if we're doing this now is the time." Chell goes into her casting adding some divine weight to their weapons and beginning to conjure a fog bank that can be seen seeping up through the planks on the dock.

Bless before combat and Fog Cloud centered somewhere along F. With us no longer on the map I can't tell where I will be able to place it but I want to block line of sight from the barge.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

If there's fog, we can't see the barge?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

What direction will we be coming from? Trying to decide what I should cast where.

Okay, so we have now picked up some random drunk guy as a bodyguard? Oh well, maybe he can at least pass out on top of someone...

"Can anyone do fireballs? Blowing up the ship with one would be pretty awesome."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna coughs involuntarily as the smell of alcohol assualts her nose. He'll take down his fair share, at least. Nothing to lose here but some coin.

"Don't worry. We're professionals. Just knock them with that totem of yours until they stop moving and you've done your job." She waves the rest of them forward. "Chell is right, enough talk. Let's go. Bri, Adriel has the fireballs, he'll probably roast the ship when he's done on the roof if I know him."

The bard points the way down the alley, asking their new bodyguard and Sorrin to go first. Bow in hand, she hustles towards a fight.

I assume we're going back in the way we came in before. We'll have to fight our way to get line-of-sight of the ship fairly quickly.


Evil GM

I don't have the map with me right now. You guys are actually behind that center building since you were going to make a play on the ship wreck. R:8-17.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue nods and leads the group.


Evil GM

Here is an updated map with the PCs on it. As you can see the map ends whre you are located and it's obvious you are not in the water but I did not have time to dabble with correcting that today.

Map

Now that everyone is on the map, what are each of you going to do. From your current position the barge is not real clear to you, it is pretty close to being out of LOS. Except for Bri and Astri's position. You can have two rounds to buff yourselves or try to sneak a bit closer, but if you do anything that could effect the smugglers and ship, I'll roll out perception checks and initiative will begin.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue switches places with Sorrin if that is okay so he can get closer for melee.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin doesn't have any buffs.

He whispers, Take out the guy in the rear... Everyone is focused on the ship, drop my mark..

And don't let them release the lines.

Sorrin moves across the alley to the "left building", and shoots at the rear man.

Stealth, move 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
atk, longbow, flat-footed?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
dmg, longbow, sneak?: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + (4) = 11


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs, her bow readied. "They're going to release the lines and the barge will try to escape once there is a sign of serious trouble. I'll grease the deck so they'll have problems sailing off once we're closer. Also, you realize that man is going to scream as he gets pin-cushioned... I'm going to silence the area." She whispers, before waggling her fingers and preventing the transmission of all sound in the area.

Astrianna casts Silence centered on K5, 20' radius. No saving throw because it's centered on a point in space.

Everyone can attack now without the victims making noise, it might buy us another round. Bri, can you sleep the one at J3?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

If you had silence... Just cast it on Sorrin? Then he could melee. Stationary is a waste.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Because then the rest of us couldn't cast spells with verbal components. 20' radius is significant. That tactic will most definitely be used in the future though, with either Sorrin or Torgue carrying it.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Cast Bless and Fog Cloud. The Cloud will stretch from I-F and 2-5. That should block all sight. That's 2 rounds.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue will cast Greatclub. No verbal components required!


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri will sleep the first person she sees. Will save DC 16


Evil GM

Summation of actions being taken heading into battle:

Sorrin: Is stealthy moving forward 15 feet. (Two smugglers may become visually aware of this and I'll make the stealth/perception rolls shortly). Action 2 he fires his bow yes he rogue K:8 will within 30 ft.

Torque - moves forward with greatclub in hand.

Bri - moves forward to get a visual but stays in the rear gets a visual in order to cast sleep on either K:6 or K:8

Astri - casts silence. (I put the template on the map)

Chell - Bless for action 1; fog cloud.

Updated Map

the corners of buildings actually restrict some LOS.

DM roll:

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
K6 perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
K8 perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

As Sorrin moves forward first to get in position on of the smugglers yells a warning...."DANGER...DANGER" The area eventually goes silent.

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
The one one yelling falls to the ground from the sleep hex jsut as torgue moves in front of the smuggler.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Will Robinson?


Evil GM

I was going to actually type that Sorrin.
Give me a few minutes to get the initiative up


Evil GM

Sorrin roll your sneak attack damage from earlier.

The unusual patch of fog seems to create a heightened sense of awareness, that was briefly pierces with dire warning that suddenly halted.

RC Initiative:

chell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Astrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Sorrin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Embrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

smugglers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
enforcers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

RC Initiative order

Smugglers
Bri
Sorrin
Chell
Astri
Enforcers


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Already rolled above, Sir. 11 total.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Already rolled above, Sir. 11 total.

I didn't see that you already added the sneak damage.

The arrow pierces the smuggler, who is surprised, but he quickly regains his composure.


Evil GM

most of the action is happening beyond you vision now that the fog cloud is there, I'll modify the back end of the map once you all get that far but it's safe to assume it will not resemble what is up there now. :-)

Two smugglers converge of the big warrior (torgue) getting him in flanking position. Each has short sword in hand.

L 5, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26;damage, sneak: 1d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (1, 5, 2) = 11
L 7, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22;damage, sneak: 1d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (5) + (2, 3, 5) = 15

confirm Crit:
L 5, flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

It looks like 32 Hp of damage to Torgue.

Welcome to the group.

Update RD 1 Map

L:7 has sorrin's arrow in his shoulder.


Evil GM

Next Up
Bri
Sorrin
Chell
Astri
Enforcers

Everyone can go ahead and act.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorry to be lame, but we're those smugglers or enforcers? Want to confirm init sequence for my sneak attack. I go after smugglers (on barge) but before enforcers (on land)?


Evil GM

You wouldn't know, nor would you know who is where.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Poor Torgue, he lost half of his hitpoints in the first round... These are some high-level rogues. We'll need to stick together to prevent them from flanking and obliterating people. Sorrin, can you get in there and take some heat off of Torgue?

Also where is Torgue in the initiative order?

Round 1

As the action starts, Astrianna hustles into the alleyway, stopping to plant her feet squarely and knock an arrow in her bow. She picks a target- the man with an arrow already stuck in his shoulder. He makes the unfortunate decision to stand still for more than half a second, giving Astrianna enough time to line up a shot directly at his head. The whistling sound eerily vanishes as it enters her silenced area.

We have to hurry. They're going to start casting off once they realize they're under attack.

Move Action:25' move to O7

Standard Action: Longbow attack on smuggler L7

Longbow, point-blank, on L7: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27

Threat: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27

Uh.. hm...double threat?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24

Longbow crit point-blank x1: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Longbow crit point-blank x2: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Longbow crit point-blank x3: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

22 damage total for L7. If he's already uncious by then, she will attack the L5 smuggler

I'll start up Inspire Courage next round, once everyone is in position.


Evil GM

astri attack hits the smuggler in L:7, he now has two arrows in him. He has a dazed look in his eyes as he sways. He has taken a total of 33 HP of damage from Sorin and Astri.

togue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

RC Initiative order

Smugglers -
Bri
Sorrin
Chell
Astri
Torgue
Enforcers

-------
RD 1 actions remaining:

sorrin
chell
torgue
enforcers


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin moves and tumbles into flanking position behind the obstinate thug.

Acrobatics, tumble, to L8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 failed, no tumble, no flank, atk/dmg adjusted. Invokes AoO.

atk, scimitar, bless: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17
dmg, scimitar: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

AC 26 to AoO, if tumble fails. Does holding a bow in off hand negate Dervish Dance, or just threatening weapon? What a waste of a round.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

HP 28/60(38/70 when raging)
AC 18/T11/FF18 (-2 when raging)
Saves F9/R2/W3
Weapon in hand:Greatclub
Effects:Bless (+1 hit/saves vs. fear),Rage 1/14 rounds

Ow.

Torgue snarls as the blades dig deep and he bites his lips, sending more pain through him and his vision bloody red. Fury takes him and he sways back some5' step to M,6 and grunts as his massive club swings at the thief at L7

Greatclub,Rage,Bless,PA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 181d10 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Fog Cloud is only 20ft radius but everyone is separated good so moot point.

Chell cringes at the vicious stab to their new drunk bodyguard. Alcohol or no that must have hurt. But retaliation was just as vicious. Concentrating for a moment, she wraps the target at L7 in buffeting winds that try to foil his attacks.

Storm Burst,Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20 Touch Attck
Non-lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Target L7, just within range. -2 to attacks for one round if hit. Then move behind Sorrin who should be around B7.


Evil GM

Sorrin's tumble fails and the defending thug jabs at tumbling rogue with his short sword,

att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13;damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The strenuous action makes the thug drop to the ground.

Sorrin ensure that the thug joins the line of the deceased.


Evil GM

Chell - The yellow outline is the fog cloud and it is a 20 foot radius.


Evil GM

Torgue steps back 5 ft and swings his greatclub at the thug smashing his head and the man takes bloody damage.

Chell you were at 35 feet from your intended target, but more importunately, I have no idea how you intend to get to B:7 which is inside the building.

For the time being I moved you to N:7 which is just outside fo the silence spell radius and had you cast your spell from there.

Updated RD 1 Map

Again like the smugglers whose view is obscured you have no idea what is happening with the enforcers form your POV.


Evil GM

RD 2:

RC Initiative order

Smugglers -
Bri
Sorrin
Chell
Astri
Torgue
Enforcers

RD 2 Map


Evil GM

RD 2 Smugglers

The smugglers continue to act with the benefit of the fog cover. Two do emerge from the fog to shore up the line.

Attack on torgue:
L5 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20;damage: 1d5 ⇒ 4

L6 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21;damage: 1d5 ⇒ 5

Torgue gets jabbed twice more by the thugs.

Attack on Sorrin:

K7 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24;damage: 1d5 ⇒ 5

Potential Crit on sorrin:

K7 attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23;damage: 1d5 ⇒ 3

Sorrin feels the piercing sting of the blade.

DC 14 Fort save sorrin.

DM Goodies:

Blue Whinnis

Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 14

Frequency 1/round for 2 rounds

Initial Effect 1 Con damage; Secondary Effect unconsciousness for 1d3 hours; Cure 1 save

4,601 to 4,650 of 14,076 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.