Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,951 to 5,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue spits up a bloody glob and wipes his face as he comes down from his fury and pants.Fatigued for 8 rounds

Probably after these ladies are done with Redd, if he can be brought around

Using Second Wind ability
SW1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
SW2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Protected how?


Evil GM

"Just has friend's...people go missin'" He looks at Redd with his head bashed in and some of his crew on the ground, "Shouln't be much concern fer ya."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I'd stay away from the drug business for a while. It's a... dying trade.


Evil GM

The man does not respond, he simple hurries out of the warehouse.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue looks at Astri. So..uum..Is Redd savable if ya want to save him?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin kneels, placing a hand upon Redd's temple.

We're not going to kill him, and you won't be slaughtering the helpless in my company. I hadn't realized how messed in the head you truly are.

Sacred Touch. Stabilize as standard action.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Yea, about that. Cutten throats in the middle of combat isn't good for a variety of reasons. Redd was about to carve me into dinner while you were opening throats.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Yeah, that too...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Responding to the smuggler, she waves him away dismissively. "Come back in an hour or two."

The half-elf shrugs at Torgue. "I don't know if he's alive, I'm no doctor. I'd like to have Chell look him over, but I'll check when I get over there."

Astrianna is raises an eyebrow at Sorrin. "So I was supposed to let those men just get up and stab me in the back? They were starting to wake. I don't know about you, but when I'm in a fight, I aim to survive by any means necessary. While you were in here being the heroes, I was trying to make sure myself, Chell, and Embri didn't get gutted. Your lack of pragmatism is startling, considering the number of fights you've been in." She is clearly unrepentant and a little annoyed at the matter. "Ask any general what they would have done- eliminate a future threat to their troops with minimal effort, or allow that threat to manifest and risk loss of your own. Your uncle have anything to say about this while we're on the subject?" She states sarcastically.

The bard collects her bow off of the floor, and arranges her things while speaking. She pulls out a wand and taps Torgue with it.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

19hp healed for torgue, 4 charges used

"In any case, good work, Chunky... I'm glad I didn't have to fight him, he nearly killed me twice." She hands the large man a potion from her haversack. "You'll probably be needing this more than myself in the future..." Giving Torgue a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds +10 (2d8+10)

Kneeling down in front of Redd, she checks to see if he's still breathing.

Heal to check Redd's vitals: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Uncle would say, you're no general. Evidently, just a "common"... He lets the word hang. The adjective itself, the insult and not the word after.

...cut-throat.

It's obvious she pulled herself together and up from some gutter, all these years trying to better herself. Ambition, tenacity, self-... respect were all good. But, never at the cost of humanity.

Lose your humanity, my nephew... and you are no one's prince. I will spit on your grave, myself.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Much obliged. Torgue chugs down the potion, his grievous wounds knitting back up.

CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 5) + 10 = 17


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Outwardly, Astrianna laughs at Sorrin's insult, reminiscent of how one laughs at things a child would say. But on the inside, flames of rage seethed at his accusations of being a common anything.

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

There is no way she would ever let him know, of course.

"You should write down all of these wonderful matters your uncle spoke of in a book. If I may make a request- make the pages thick and cottony. So when I take it with me to the latrine it will be supple on my arse."

She sighs as Torgue downs the potion. "That was meant for the future, but considering how much you were bleeding I can't exactly blame you."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin did not reply, arguing with the unenlightened was pointless. The fact that she would not only reject wisdom, but insult it as well... speaks to the base nature of her current state.

It was not his place to scold her, life would teach her it its own inevitable way. He only needed to define his boundaries. She would respect or deny those boundaries, as she would his company.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"We can discuss morals and what-not later. Search now for anything useful and then let's get the hell outa here in case some reinforcements show up. Pay attention for any hidden compartments."

Some people just need to learn there is a proper time and place for everything.

Bri searches around, looking for anything useful and looking for hidden compartments.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Usefull also equals anything written down, like notes on delivery dates and names of suppliers and clients.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling too good yesterday.

Just before releasing another bolt of lightning on the thug fighting Astrianna, the bard calls for everyone to stand down. Her eyes still clouded over, Chell holds on to the spell in case things get out of hand. That proved to be a challenge as they took their sweet time to leave, answering questions on the way out. With the spell still on the tip of her tongue, pressure began to build as she continued to hold it. Soon the pressure became so great it started to hurt, her whole body trembled visibly as she tried to contain it. This had never happened before and she wasn't sure what to do with it. Even after the men had left and Astrianna called for her to help heal the others, she stood there in the other room, eyes glazed over, body trembling and sweating. She was afraid if she released now she might hurt one of the others and they had already taken quite the beating. Eventually it became too much.

"AAAAAAAAAH!"

BOOM

There was a great explosion of static energy that completely drowned out her cry of pain. A thousand little bolts of lightning leapt from her body making everyone's hair stand on end. With the excess energy gone, Chell collapsed to the ground, twitching slightly.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hahahaha that's hilarious Chell.

Astrianna jumps as a powerful noise comes from the other room. "What in the nine hells was that? Chell?!" The bard sighs, busy checking on Redd. [b]"Torgue or Sorrin, go check on her. Embri, thank you for looking the place over, tell me what you find. If I can get Redd conscious I'll try to extract some information from him as well."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue ambles over to where Chell is. She fell over and she is twitching! Torgue of course has no idea what is really wrong with her, but noticing that she has some injuries pulls out one of the many small vials that he has stashed.

Hmm...Samuel's Special. This might bring her around. Torgue dribbles the concoction of herbs and brown liquid down Chel''s throat.

ClW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Evil GM

Sorrin's touch does stabilize Redd but unconscious.

Bri and Chell:

You hear Astri's version of the thing but you know that neither slumbering smuggler had stirred by your account.

Bri Only:

You know how long your slumber lasts (6 RDs or 36 seconds)and Astri began slitting throats well before the first one stirred.

I'll have to post later what you find in the warehouse and the gear. Are you doing anything with Redd other than stabilizing him?


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

:) Figured I needed some way to explain my inaction.

As Torgue lifts the priestess to administer the potion he is given quite the static shock. Chell coughs and sputters as the bitter liquid is poured down her throat but manages to drink most of it. She sits up shakily and waves Torgue's hand aside. "I'll be fine. Thank you. What happened?" she asks getting up and leaning a little on the barbarian. She is still a little shaky but manages to push off him and stand on her own. "Where are the *cough* where are the guys you were fighting?" She twitches a little but manages to get the trembling under control after a min or two. She moves over to Redd as Astri asked and all but collapses to her knees beside him. After checking him to make sure Sorrin stabilized him.

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27:to see how bad his condition is.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

After it is confirmed Redd was stabilized and breathing, she starts to strip him of his belongings. Extracting a silk rope from her haversack, she binds the man's hands and ankles. Pulling out her wand, she taps the man and attempts to bring him back to consciousness.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

10hp total healed for Redd, 2 charges used.

As he begins to wake, her fingers waggle and she attempts to charm him once again with arcane words. "Are you going to cooperate now? You and I are going to have a little question and answer session. You'll be providing the answers."

Astrianna has 3 1st level spells left for the day, she will continue to cast Charm Person until one of them sticks. DC 15 Will save


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue gives the priestess some space. The goons still alive took off once I cracked Redd's skull open, Astri is checking on him now. Torgue keeps an eye on the door while the ladies question Redd, making sure no goons come slinking back.[/b]


Evil GM

torgue I forgot to give you +4 bleed damage each round.

Chell, Redd is stabilized.

He has two short swords, one is quite damaged but it has not reached the broken condition (yet)
nice jeweled dagger
chain shirt
Ring
amulet
cloak
common leather pack with a shoulder strap, that around his neck and unde his left arm.

Then Astri revives him with the two zaps on her wand.


Evil GM

Bri and anyone looking around the warehouse. You find various common goods in crates and sacks. Items such as rigging rope, crates of fresh fruit, 3 barrel of nails, several cords of wood, sacks of seeds and grain, two crates of silk.

The desk has a ledger on it and various invoices. Various quills and ink and blank parchment. The desk drawers are locked.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Ouch!

Anyone here good with locks? Torgue flips through the ledger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Wow. That might have laid Torgue flat.

Astrianna is in the processes of bringing Redd around when she hears Torgue's question. "I've got a universal key- though I suppose most call it a crowbar." She says flatly, putting Redd's stuff in a pile nearby. She eyes the ring and decides to pinch it, slipping it into her pocket before reviving the man.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri stashes the ledger and papers and such into her bag and grabs some of the fruit to munch on while she continues her search.

She would also have taken the pack off of Redd and opened it up to look through it. If she sees any drugs, she will leave them in the pack.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin searches, but keeps an eye on Redd and Astrianna as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Any treasure in the place, a stash... false wall or floor. I'm not rushing, just giving ideas.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue pokes around for anything that looks important.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Evil GM

You don't find a key on Redd for the locked desk.

After his is stripped and tied, Astri heals him a bit. He wakes, his eys dry and spits a gob of saliva on the floor. Then he forces snot out of each nostril as his senses come to life. "Bastards," he groans.


Evil GM

He was an 8th level rogue.


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:

Bri stashes the ledger and papers and such into her bag and grabs some of the fruit to munch on while she continues her search.

She would also have taken the pack off of Redd and opened it up to look through it. If she sees any drugs, she will leave them in the pack.

when you look inside the bag it is empty and appears to be common leather satchel.


Evil GM

Torgue you find a false floor under a couple fruit crates.

sorrin you find a loose base board in the small office.

What are you each going to do?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Got a loose floor here! Maybe we can find some more goodies! Torgue pops the floor open if it isn't secured with a lock.


Evil GM

Torgue the board is not locked, you pop the board open.

Besides torgue who else is in the main part of the warehouse where Chell and Bri fought the smugglers and dogs?

Bri this is the room you found the fruit in.


Evil GM

Updated Map

Tell which room everyone is in. I have torgue by the floor opening. I have sorrin by the baseboard opening.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Here is my 2 cents

Being the stealthy one that Astri is, it is unlikely that Chell noticed the pilfering of the ring from the unconscious Redd. Especially given her currant state. Though trembling and most of the fatigue had gone away, she still twitched every now then from the static overload. She was also very tired after the long day and most of the night.

She had also missed the conversation between Astri and Sorrin and didn't feel up to dwelling on it. In all likelihood, Astri had saved hers and Bri's lives. They were outnumbered and separated as the others stayed to fight Redd. Had the thugs not given up when their boss fell, they would be in even more dire straits. She believed they were indeed bad men. They didn't think twice about killing them over a silly Charm Spell.

Besides, Quell's commandments were to help all in need. What the others of this group did was their own burden. And as weak as it was to admit it, she needed them. After hearing about the abductions and seeing the wereshark, she knew she didn't stand a chance if they came for her while she was alone.

So after seeing that Redd was alive she begins to shakily make her rounds to the other fallen to see if any of them are alive. Those that are, she asks Sorrin to stabilize if he is near. Otherwise she will do her best to stabilize them herself.

You can roll the heal check for me. In the case of the dogs, she either lets them out so they can't attack them or ties them up in case they get feral.


Evil GM

The other smugglers are all dead. Chell with you heal check you would have known that, so there is no need to stabilize. I do need you to tell me which room you are in when torgue pops the hidden door open.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Incoming tentacles! Or a swarm. Tentacle swarm?


Evil GM

or swarming tentacles. :-)


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Probably in the room with Redd. Not being paranoid just seems the most likely place.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna made no effort to hide pocketing the ring, but if Chell doesn't care then no one knows. Woo!

My actions are as follows:

Astrianna wrote:

As he begins to wake, her fingers waggle and she attempts to charm him once again with arcane words. She smiles. "Well, good evening Redd. Are you going to cooperate now? You and I are going to have a little question and answer session. You'll be providing the answers."

Astrianna has 3 1st level spells left for the day, she will continue to cast Charm Person until one of them sticks. DC 15 Will save

Want to see if the charm sticks first before asking him questions. In the room with Redd, obviously.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

An empty bag is suspicious, so Bri casts Detect Magic and looks at it.


Evil GM

Bri which room are you in now?


Evil GM

will save Redd, being bound: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13

Redd sighs, "That was a dozy," exhaling deeply his voice calm, "Aye, could use a bit of water darlin'"


Evil GM

Bri I'm going to assume you snatched the bag and then walked back into the larger warehouse room to give Astri and chell room to work on Redd.

Bri you casts detect magic as torgue pries open the floor board.

Bri and Torgue Only:

About the time you complete the spell there is sudden electrical shock that hits your body.

touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29;damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 5) = 17

torgue as you begin to pry the floor board there is an electrical shock that wracks your body.

touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14;damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 4, 4) = 13


Evil GM

Sorrin what are you doing when you find that false baseboard plank?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Once we figure out what's up with the trap door, can you pick the locks on the desk drawers Sorrin?

Astrianna relaxes after Redd's tone changes, glad that her spell finally influenced him. Wish it would have worked the first time. Though, now we have all of this free stuff.

The bard settles on her haunches and pulls out her hip flask, taking a drink of water from it before giving Redd a drink. Unfortunately it's only water. Canteen is at the bottom of a river, long story... Chell, could you give him some more water? Also, could I have another blessing, the one you put on me earlier?"

Baldwin, would you like a diplomacy roll for each question or just one to cover everything? The questions I'm asking fall under " revealing secret knowledge" at least I'm guessing. I'll roll multiple times if you want one for each question.

Once Redd is sufficiently hydrated, the half-elf starts in with her questions. "I'm very interested to know what happened to the barge carrying the shipment, and where it is at. Were the goods sent back to Bonegnaw? On that subject, where is Bonegnaw's hideout, and can you give directions or provide a map to its location? If not, who knows the way to his hideout? Lastly, we are interested in a man named Garreg- we hear he has powerful friends, who protects him?"

Enhanced diplomacy 1st question or all questions: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 23

Diplomacy 2nd question: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Diplomacy 3rd question: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

4,951 to 5,000 of 14,076 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.