Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,501 to 4,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin smiles openly, without threat. Brother tribe.


Evil GM

Updated Map of Barrett's Barnacle

I put Chell at a table.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel allows Sorrin to take the Grog but watches as the deposits the drinks in front of the goblins. When he returns, he states loudly enough for those either side to hear.

That's YOUR ration gone then, do not waste my money on strangers, let alone goblins again.

He turns back to the barkeep.
Not worth your time. Teetotaller, that one. Keep it coming though. The REST of us are here to drink.

He gathers the four that remains and finds a table or bench, somewhere close to a wall if possible and inclines his head for the rest to follow,(seeing Chell already seated takes H6) then deposits the drinks on the table and sits with his back to the wall but to the side of the table so it does not impede him should he need to rise in a hurry.

He starts on his drink and hails a wench.
Bread and Meat if you have it.
Paying a few coppers in advance for quick service.
Then he and Thrasher survey the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Thrasher Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Goblin NPC

The goblins scrunch their faces in stereo clearly confused. "all Brudd'ra dead...no tribe." one of the them states.

While the other one belches loudly, "ate 'em." he cackles and slams his small hand on the table as if its the funnies thing he has heard all month. Several of the patrons laugh at their antics.


Evil GM

Adriel and Thrasher the one thing you both are certain of is your group have everyone's attention. A well armed man giving drinks to goblins, two pretty female sailors, and an elf with dino on his shoulder.

The conversation resumes in the tavern talk of ships due and overdue seems to be the highlight. One of the off-duty dragoons, who you note has a few tubes on side along with a dagger gets up and moves over to talk to the three people in the corner by the bar.

Updated Map


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Damn Baldwin you play a good goblin.

The elf's familiar face gnaws at Astrianna's mind. By the time she takes a break it is enough to fully captivate her attention, and she decides to strike up a conversation with the man to satisfy her curiosity.

She scoops up her coin and carefully puts her fiddle away, glancing up occasionally to ensure the man is still sitting at his table. The bard slings the violin case over her shoulder and walks up to the elf's table, all smiles.

Is there anyone else at the table with him?

"A patron of the arts? " The half-elf says flirtatiously, standing before him. She pauses a moment, placing her hand on her chin, acting as if she is trying to remember something. "Have we met before? You look so familiar... I'm Astrianna." Was inquired, the bard needing to satisfy her curiosity.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri replies to man's question: "We're on shore leave, so no, not workin' right now."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

As the others join him the elf states simply Whose idea was this again? You beauties attract enough attention already without Ser Clean over there actually talking to the lowest rungs of the Ports boot. Have a good time, keep your eyes open. We drink. We talk business and we leave. Now, back to the ships we were looking at. Are we ready for this yet? We are paid but not much closer to a ship, so what about the mercantile league? Could be good work and will connect us to people with money and dangerous business.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"It was Ser Clean's idea of course. As for jobs, what do you think of salvaging and the occasional bounty work?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell gives the dragoon that asked about working a once over and says, "Wouldn't work for you anyway no matter how much it paid." She maintains an aloof attitude while the others talk but keeps her attention focused on the conversation of the dragoons.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin shared some unhinged laughter with his new tribe, then returned for his inevitable scolding. It seemed to put him in a good mood.

No, Sir... Never waste your money, Sir.

We're not ready for a large vessel. I hired the sloop for a week or two, should we need transport. Will do for a while. So about that old Tulita... The inquisitor released him meaning let him go, or released him to be with his ancestors?

Was he all masked, hooded with an axe? Cliche...


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Damn Baldwin you play a good goblin.

The elf's familiar face gnaws at Astrianna's mind. By the time she takes a break it is enough to fully captivate her attention, and she decides to strike up a conversation with the man to satisfy her curiosity.

She scoops up her coin and carefully puts her fiddle away, glancing up occasionally to ensure the man is still sitting at his table. The bard slings the violin case over her shoulder and walks up to the elf's table, all smiles.

Is there anyone else at the table with him?

"A patron of the arts? " The half-elf says flirtatiously, standing before him. She pauses a moment, placing her hand on her chin, acting as if she is trying to remember something. "Have we met before? You look so familiar... I'm Astrianna." Was inquired, the bard needing to satisfy her curiosity.

he has two human females with him.

Astri even to your conceited temperament this is a handsome elf, far more pleasing to look at than the last elf you bedded. 'I'm a patron to all thing beautiful." He stands as you approach, extending his hand to take yours as he kisses your fingers. Even is facial scar on his left temple is pleasing to you. His hands are strong, not soft, and he has several signs of worn nicks about them.

"Formally we have never met, but I do have face many would know in Port. You, however, are someone I would never forget. I saw you standing on table at the Skull the other night." He smiles, "I'm Varion Drakemoor."


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Bri replies to man's question: "We're on shore leave, so no, not workin' right now."

He stack up a a few gold pieces and some silver. "Care t'play fer an hour."

This brings about a jibe from one of his friends, 'he'sa quick'n, probably one take'm ten minutes...give 'r take 30 seconds." As couple other men laugh.


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:

Chell gives the dragoon that asked about working a once over and says, "Wouldn't work for you anyway no matter how much it paid." She maintains an aloof attitude while the others talk but keeps her attention focused on the conversation of the dragoons.

[dice=Perception]1d20+8

"Feisty one." he replies. "Like'm wit a bit of spirit."

Its one of the dragoons that is propositioning you.


Evil GM

A deeper voice comes from the bar, its the bartender. "So where y'hail from? New t'Shaw, I take it."

How loud are you all speaking in the tavern?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Did we get any stew, sans weevils?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri laughs along with the men as they make fun of their friends "stamina". "I already have plans to be "playing" later on tonight. Can't be tiring myself out now."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

About ten minutes later the serving wench brings a second round of grog and the meal. There is stale bread along with some hard tack both are without weevils, the meat is thick and sizzling with lots of fatty gristle. She casually brushes up on Adriel as she leans over the table serving.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Did we get any stew, sans weevils?

He ordered mystery meat, rather than stew.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Baldwin wrote:
"Feisty one." he replies. "Like'm wit a bit of spirit."

It is probably at this moment that Chell's cousin Sarah would show the man just how much spirit she has by sending him flying out the window. But Chell wasn't a fighter and if it did come to blows her disguise would fade away. So instead she ignored the man, trying to focus on the others' conversation.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Excuse me.... Sorrin rises takes some meat and bread to his goblin-friends.

Food.

Returning, he raises his hand fending off a scolding. He eats, food is food.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

To the bartender, Aye. New to port, seen one port... seen them all. But, this place is... special. I like how it's open to all. Even a wayward soul like myself.

There work around here? Are you Barret?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's heart thumps a little bit as she looks over the ruggedly handsome elf. Her expression shows she is very pleased to make his acquaintance. She extends her head gingerly for him to kiss. This is my kind of man. Mhm fighter and gentleman...

The bard laughs musically when the night at the Broken Skull is mentioned. "I'm glad I was a memorable moment in the night for you- my own relocations were clouded by a substantial amount of wine, which may have contributed to me standing and singing on more than one table that night."

She makes a gesture indicating a request to sit at the table with him and the other women. "It is my pleasure to officially make your acquaintance, Varion. I wish to submit my full name to the patron of beautiful things- Astrianna Sparacello."

She sits at the table with the others, wishing she had put on her beautiful performer's outfit to play downstairs. The bard's background thoughts chastise her for being lazy. You never know when you'll meet a man of this caliber you fool!

Reigning her thoughts in, she continues the conversation. "I have been in Shaw for a mere three days- and, Varion, I am embarrassed to admit this, but, I have no knowledge of a man named Drakemoor other than his ability to rosy a woman's cheeks with a glance." Emerald eyes sparkle as she smiles.

The half-elf leans forward slightly in her seat, fingers woven together as her forearms rest on the wood. "Educate a lady?"

Using womanly intuition to gauge threat level of the other two woman at the table. Are they giving Astri the stink eye?

Sense Motive for hunch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Why do I always roll 20's on the stupid things?


Evil GM

The dwarf nods, "Th't be me name and what's yers." His short brow raises, "aint gonna insult me now by giv'n the finest home grog around away t'a bunch of toe suckin', boot scum now, are you?" To this the goblins bust out laughing and slapping each other on the back. Most of the other patrons simply stare.

"Wh't ship y'come in on and when do y'put out again?"


Evil GM

@ Astri:

Damn right one of the girls is giving you the jealous stink-eye. While the other simply has a look of the more the merrier on her face.

Varion moves a chair between himself and one of his lady friends for you to sit, he barely acknowledges them and their displeasure. "I've been known to dance at Skull a few times per week." he lets his hand wander up Astri's forearm. "You play a mean fiddle, but there's tone to this arm, so certainly you don't make your living as a performer."


@ Astri

The girl next to you places her hand on your knee under the table. She says, Varion is undefeated since he came to the ring."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

It was actually his grog... he paid for it. The human indicates the Elf.

Name's Sorrin, don't mean much. Lotta toe suckin' boot scum around here, myself included. Everybody needs a break from the grind. I meant no insult, but you're the boss. I can leave if you'd like.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

It was actually his grog... he paid for it. The human indicates the Elf.

Name's Sorrin, don't mean much. Lotta toe suckin' boot scum around here, myself included. Everybody needs a break from the grind. I meant no insult, but you're the boss. I can leave if you'd like.

Several folk including Barrett laugh at the response. slamming a tankard or two on the scarred tables.

"Don't care if y' staay or go, but if be 'ere drinkings needed." He glances over at the elf, "Moneyb'gs pockets can keep 'em coming to mine." He pours four more grogs. "Wh't ship y'come in on and when do y'put out again?"


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

The grog is actually quite good in quality, even though it is rather cheap. You can understand why this place is so popular - at least for those wanting a cheap drunk.

The server asks Adriel and the girls while Sorrin is speaking to Barrett, "Needin' anyth'ng else...as special treats?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin gives the same of the ship (never picked one). Stuck here for a bit, why I mention work. As you can see I'm a foreigner, can't afford to be too picky. Decent work, decent pay.

What's up with the Tulita? Dajoba's Kiss and all the spook talk?


Evil GM

I'm going to let a few of the other players post before I tackle the response to Sorrin's question.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna marks the one giving her the stink-eye. Ha! How's it feel to be second tier, harpy? Best watch her though... don't want to get stabbed in the back over some man, no matter how handsome. She muses, letting Varion feel her foreman without complaint.

The bard focuses her attention on the man. "You are correct, Varion. I make my living as a problem-solver and adventurer. I love the stage, the song, and the fiddle, but those do not fulfill my desire for an exciting life. Shaw has already proven to be most... tantalizing." She smiles.

Raven hair swishes as Astrianna turns her head to the girl, eyebrows raising slightly at her comment. Turning her head back to Varion, the half-elf looks very impressed. "Oh, now I know where I recognized you- You're one of the Champions at the Skull! I apologize I left before your match started. I know how it concluded, though- Undefeated. So you didn't get any of those scars in the ring, I take it... they must have such stories to tell."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I am good. I only came to support the others and keep my head low. I still don't know much about the area or its people.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin reflexively runs fingers through shoulder length dark mane.

So many factions and conflicting forces, there's usually a need for competent resourceful individuals. I just got here, so I have to feel things out.

See what works best. Any ships short on men? Some beauties with the harbormaster.. Always, there is truth in his words.


Evil GM

Barrett responds, "Tulitans cause trouble a times. Been f'ghtnin' fer ground forever." He wipes the bar, "Don't know 'bout th't other stuff." he looks over to one of the table, "y' dirnkin' or nursin'." He pours more grog the that table.


Evil GM

One of the off-duty dragoons mutters, "In town a couple days an your nose is sniff'n around." he mumbles and drinks more grog.


Evil GM

The man that went over to speak to table by the bar looks up and adds, "Commandant Bonedeuce has a ship for sell if you've the coin - Baron of the Tide."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

The Baron of the Tide looks like a fine ship, yes. But, I hear he's looking for 10,000 or more. Years of luck and doing things I wouldn't tell my mother to come near a tenth of that.

But, thank you for mentioning. Buy that man a drink.. Sorrin points and nods, paying for the grog.

Thunderstrike makes a man dream, too... even more money. Found that out by snooping. If learning is snooping, I'm a gods be dammed snoop.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

When there is a lull in the conversation between Adriel and Embrianna Chell quietly interjects, "Has anyone seen Garreg yet?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
"Friendly" Tracy wrote:

The grog is actually quite good in quality, even though it is rather cheap. You can understand why this place is so popular - at least for those wanting a cheap drunk.

The server asks Adriel and the girls while Sorrin is speaking to Barrett, "Needin' anyth'ng else...as special treats?"

Well that depends on what's on the meneu. I might be wanting to have a party in a couple of days. Just got a nice pay, wouldn't you know. And my friends and I enjoy a good time. Food and wine and party games and fine company. Wouldn't know who I could speak to about that? Afraid I'm knew in town and would hate to step on any toes. You have orders though, sort them and later I might buy YOU a drink.

He drops a silver in her bodice.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin sips, hoping buying the other man a drink bought him some time in Barret's grog-book.

Are you a dragoon, Sir? Maybe you can help me... What's the law around drawing your weapon and defending yourself?

I'd llike to stay clear of any trouble, but where I'm from... You gut a man and leave his carcass to the birds if threatens you and yours. I was also raised with a deep and abiding respect for authority, so long as it's not abusive. Guessing if one doesn't like it, they can leave.. He nods his head in deference.

To anyone overhearing, the speaker seems amicable enough. But three scimitars and other assorted arms and armament would seem to indicate he's no stranger to... conflict.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Sorrin sips, hoping buying the other man a drink bought him some time in Barret's grog-book.

Are you a dragoon, Sir? Maybe you can help me... What's the law around drawing your weapon and defending yourself?

I'd llike to stay clear of any trouble, but where I'm from... You gut a man and leave his carcass to the birds if threatens you and yours. I was also raised with a deep and abiding respect for authority, so long as it's not abusive. Guessing if one doesn't like it, they can leave.. He nods his head in deference.

To anyone overhearing, the speaker seems amicable enough. But three scimitars and other assorted arms and armament would seem to indicate he's no stranger to... conflict.

He nods to the question about his authority, then states, "Th't'll get you a one way ticket to a cell."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
"Friendly" Tracy wrote:

The grog is actually quite good in quality, even though it is rather cheap. You can understand why this place is so popular - at least for those wanting a cheap drunk.

The server asks Adriel and the girls while Sorrin is speaking to Barrett, "Needin' anyth'ng else...as special treats?"

Well that depends on what's on the meneu. I might be wanting to have a party in a couple of days. Just got a nice pay, wouldn't you know. And my friends and I enjoy a good time. Food and wine and party games and fine company. Wouldn't know who I could speak to about that? Afraid I'm knew in town and would hate to step on any toes. You have orders though, sort them and later I might buy YOU a drink.

He drops a silver in her bodice.

"Ifits girl or boys ye afta or..."in a hushed voice next to the elf's ear,"partying supplies for the body it can be gott'n 'ere."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The elf smiles, so often vice was so easy to aquire. And in front of the dragoons as well.

He whispers, We can talk later, princess. I don't think the present company drowning their sorrows are the partying types. We can have a better conversation when they leave. Any time I should come back?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin indicates Adriel.

Fancy-Pants' birthday coming up. Might treat him to a mind-blowing good time, prick that he is. You in charge of the party favors or is there someone else?


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

She glances over at the dragoons, "Most the t'me they're just fine, but ain't know ya...if ya get wh't I mean. So come around again and I'll see t'yer needs."

She cringes at Sorrin's comment, "Just come back again...be more than a onetim'r." She leaves it at that and you get the distinct impression not to push this line of questions.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin was asking Barret. Sorry if it want clear...


Evil GM

sorrin Make a diplo check.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Evil GM

"Grog...plentyofgrog." The dwarf says to Sorrin's enthusiastic ear.

4,501 to 4,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.