Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


5,001 to 5,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Sorrin as you pop the baseboard you get that ever loving tingle as an electrical current zaps you.

melee touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19;damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 4) = 12


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri gives a loud squeal and asks: "What the hells was that?"

Bri looks at the floor with her detect magic while she fumbles around in her bag for a potion.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

WAGHHHHHHH!!!! Torgue shakes all over as his hair stands on end and he gets that burning sensation.

Woooo! That knocked the drunk right out of me!


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Huh," Chell looks up from her latest patient at the sound from the other room. It sounded an awful lot like the static blast she discharged. Rushing in she sees Torgue, Sorrin and Embri with a lot of extra volume in their hair and surprised look on their faces. "Wha?" is all she is able to get out. After hearing about the what happened she sends a pulse of positive energy flowing through all but Redd. She sends a second if necessary. I didn't do that did I?

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9
Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) = 10

19 healed and I believe I only have 2 left.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

We can start a hair metal band!


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

No Save on Sorrin damage?


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
No Save on Sorrin damage?

No save for anyone.


Evil GM

Chell, Sorrin set off another trap in a different room, so he is not where Torgue and Bri are located.

Chell enter the main warehouse and feels the ionized particles, she begins to wonder if she has a lingering aftershock ability. No...can't be, could it?


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Once we figure out what's up with the trap door, can you pick the locks on the desk drawers Sorrin?

Astrianna relaxes after Redd's tone changes, glad that her spell finally influenced him. Wish it would have worked the first time. Though, now we have all of this free stuff.

The bard settles on her haunches and pulls out her hip flask, taking a drink of water from it before giving Redd a drink. Unfortunately it's only water. Canteen is at the bottom of a river, long story... Chell, could you give him some more water? Also, could I have another blessing, the one you put on me earlier?"

Baldwin, would you like a diplomacy roll for each question or just one to cover everything? The questions I'm asking fall under " revealing secret knowledge" at least I'm guessing. I'll roll multiple times if you want one for each question.

Once Redd is sufficiently hydrated, the half-elf starts in with her questions. "I'm very interested to know what happened to the barge carrying the shipment, and where it is at. Were the goods sent back to Bonegnaw? On that subject, where is Bonegnaw's hideout, and can you give directions or provide a map to its location? If not, who knows the way to his hideout? Lastly, we are interested in a man named Garreg- we hear he has powerful friends, who protects him?"

Charm Person:

This charm makes a humanoid creature regard you as its trusted friend and ally (treat the target's attitude as friendly). If the creature is currently being threatened or attacked by you or your allies, however, it receives a +5 bonus on its saving throw.

The spell does not enable you to control the charmed person as if it were an automaton, but it perceives your words and actions in the most favorable way. You can try to give the subject orders, but you must win an opposed Charisma check to convince it to do anything it wouldn't ordinarily do. (Retries are not allowed.) An affected creature never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders, but it might be convinced that something very dangerous is worth doing. Any act by you or your apparent allies that threatens the charmed person breaks the spell. You must speak the person's language to communicate your commands, or else be good at pantomiming.

Initially he is friendly towards you. Check will do for now unless your quesitons turn hostile, threatening.

"I've no idea what happened. I mean, I saw you, I told you to meet me here if you wanna make a deal." He shakes his head. "Then like all hell breaks out and we were attacked. Did ya say it was that elf friend of yours?" He shakes his head, "I dunno, suppose it went back to his cove...he's gonna be pissed." He drinks again. "never been there, but heard its south of here a few miles a rock bluff hides it well." he nods, "yeah, Garreg would know...he claims he's been there. He hangs out at the Barnacle."


Evil GM

torgue ad Sorrin what are you going to do now? the secret compartments are not completely open. Torgue you have a corner of your floor board wedged up.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Uh Sorrin, could you come over and check this? I don't want to set that lightning trap off again.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Yeah, about that... I've been having a bad streak of luck. You think there's a trap? Let me see...

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Disable Device, as needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue has a bad feeling about this...


Evil GM

Sorrn you are confident that the floorboard is not trapped. Perhaps, its residue form Chell's errant spell.

Sorrin slides his dagger under the uplifted corner and pries it open. There is small wooden box with the chubby hole.


Evil GM

Bri:
when you detect magic again make a spellcraft check. You know it's magical but there is nothing inside the leather satchel.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Best check the box for other surprises, Sorrin. Thieves are a suspicious and cowardly lot.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

They are, indeed... But, these seemed a friendly lot. I'm starting to like Redd. He looks over and smiles.

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Disable Device, as needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Evil GM

Sorrin the box does not look trapped to you.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin opens it...


Evil GM

Sorrin:
You see six vials in the box.

DM Only:

fort save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Save made.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Six vials. If we're done here, let's go...


Evil GM

Are you done with Redd? You you done in the warehouse?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Give him back his belongings, we're not thieves. We need to figure things out once we're away.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Any other hidden goodies? If not, we can probably take off.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

After seeing to the wounds she may or may not have caused, Chell returns to the room Redd and Astri are in and sees to Astri's earlier request. She lets Redd drink from her canteen then sits down to rest. Being new to the Razor she wasn't quite sure what was going on. Slowly she was getting a feel for the politics and the maneuverings of other forces but it was going to take a while. So she sat there listening to the conversation and how this group worked together. She got the feeling though that Astri wasn't really into it after the death of her friend. Maybe she would have a talk with her later. Then again, maybe she shouldn't. She didn't know either of them very well and would probably put her foot in her mouth. If she didn't blow them up first.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna listens carefully to Redd, arms folded over her chest. He doesn't know anything important. Just a smuggler. Not exactly a waste of time, but it could have gone better. No reason to drag him in to the dragoons, even if he has some nice gear.

She nods as he finishes speaking, giving a jump as yelling and going on can be heard from the opposite chamber. The bard gives her head a shake and turns back to Redd. "I see. Bad business for us all. I wish to see Bonegnaw... I suppose the Barnacle will be the next stop."

Standing up, Astrianna flicks her wrist and dispels the charm placed over Redd. She suddenly places her boot on his chest, pushing hard. Reaching into her haversack, the half-elf pulls out a sap from the extradimensional space and begins to bounce it on her palm idly.

The same smile as before is on her lips, and her tone doesn't even change. "A pleasure making your acquittance, Redd. I hope the next time we meet things can be more amicable between us, and you won't be threatening to shag my lifeless eye-sockets. In exchange for your recent cooperation, we will allow you to live- it would be an economic tragedy to remove such a cornerstone of commerce in Shaw! Adieu, and I dearly hope your men didn't hear you say they were expendable."

The sap descends on Redd's head with a sickening shwap, with a follow-up blow for good measure.

Want to knock him unconscious, that all right Baldwin?

Sap: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sap x2: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Her work complete, Astrianna tucks the sap back into her bag and brushes off her hands with a sigh. She glances over at Sorrin and the others as they enter the room. "I don't really care what we do or don't do to him, the man is vile. I hope his men desert him. Doesn't even care about their well-being!" She points in the direction of the other room. "What did you find in there? An incredible amount of commotion is all I heard."

She kneels down to retrieve her silk rope form Redd's unconscious body, her hand passing over Redd's belongings as she does so. His amulet discreetly finds its way into her pocket. Spellcasting fee, only fair. And the potions we used... Oh! And the cost of that magic arrow I shot at him...

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Just a little lightning trap that was guarding this box. Some bottles of something.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

A single thin eyebrow raises at the mention of bottles. "Poison, perhaps? Redd seemed fond of it... He nicked me with some nasty stuff, made my knees wobble.. my gear feels twice as heavy as before." She gestures dismissively. "if you want to take it along, we'll figure out what it is later."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Trap? Oh thank Quell. Wait no. Bad Chell. Bad.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

STOP!

Sorrin notices Astrianna raising a sap as as steps on the Redd. What are you doing? What's wrong with you?!


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

The manner in which you treat others is indicative of your level of self-respect. This is not leadership, nor rulership. This is sadistic thuggery.

We will leave him conscious and dressed, with his belongings. With as much of his dignity as he is willing to muster. He's a boss, he carries authority. There is order in that, structure, chain of command. It must be left intact, if redirected. Repurposed.

Up to DM when Sorrin interrupts. While Redd is conscious (preferred) or not.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


She nods as he finishes speaking, giving a jump as yelling and going on can be heard from the opposite chamber. The bard gives her head a shake and turns back to Redd. "I see. Bad business for us all. I wish to see Bonegnaw... I suppose the Barnacle will be the next stop."

"Yeah he's got a table near the bar."

Quote:

Standing up, Astrianna flicks her wrist and dispels the charm placed over Redd. She suddenly places her boot on his chest, pushing hard. Reaching into her haversack, the half-elf pulls out a sap from the extradimensional space and begins to bounce it on her palm idly.

The same smile as before is on her lips, and her tone doesn't even change. "A pleasure making your acquittance, Redd. I hope the next time we meet things can be more amicable between us, and you won't be threatening to shag my lifeless eye-sockets. In exchange for your recent cooperation, we will allow you to live- it would be an economic tragedy to remove such a cornerstone of commerce in Shaw! Adieu, and I dearly hope your men didn't hear you say they were expendable."

His eyes widen, "W...w..wh..." Silence.


Evil GM

perception, Chell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
perception, Sorrin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
perception, Bri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
perception, Torgue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Chell and Sorrin observe Astri pocketing the amulet.


Evil GM

I understand Sorrin is carrying the box, is anyone else holding it? It almost sounds like torgue is now carrying it.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

The manner in which you treat others is indicative of your level of self-respect. This is not leadership, nor rulership. This is sadistic thuggery.

We will leave him conscious and dressed, with his belongings. With as much of his dignity as he is willing to muster. He's a boss, he carries authority. There is order in that, structure, chain of command. It must be left intact, if redirected. Repurposed.

Up to DM when Sorrin interrupts. While Redd is conscious (preferred) or not.

sorrin you wouldn't have seen Astri hitting him with the sap. You were in one room searching, then called to another room and when you pasted Astri to go into that room she was reviving and giving Redd water. by the time you get the box and examine it she has whacked him. You would be a the doorway when you observed her nicking the amulet.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Evil GM

Bri:

This is interesting magic, very unusual. This appears to be a bag of concealment. It is identical to a BOH, but appears normal and empty to everyone but the owner it is keyed to. It can only be keyed to one owner at a time. Terrific for a life of crime. The owner must die or voluntarily give it to the next person to touch it for change the key. They weigh 25 lbs regardless of what is placed in the bag.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Not leaving until he's awake and capable.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Haha of course, Sorrin is the only one she didn't want seeing her pocket it. She fully intends to share it if it isn't useful, she just didn't want to hear his sass.

Astrianna shrugs at Sorrin, gesturing at the unconscious rogue and speaking as if commenting on a sack of flour. "If you want to sit here and nurture a man that tried to kill you but a few moments ago, for trying to ask him questions, by all means, enjoy yourself. We'll be half way to the inn by the time you rouse him. Honestly, I'm compromising with you here- I'd rather end him so I don't have to add another enemy to my list." She rapidly coils the rope around her shoulder, before carefully lowering it into her haversack.

Emerald eyes glance at the others. "Are we done here? Redd was mostly useless, other than saying Garreg is the man to talk to and Bonegnaw's hideout is to the south of Shaw, hidden by a bluff. Perhaps where we saw those canoes before...? I apologize this lead wasn't as fruitful as I expected, and some of you ended up getting hurt over it."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Hey Astri, when he wakes up, you need to bluff him and tell him to key this bag to me or we will kill him. It's a magic bag and can only be keyed to a new owner willing by the old one or upon his death. It could have some valuable evidence inside of of it. The trick is to get to it though."

Bri looks at their new members. "I certainly hope you lot have no problem with lieing to lowlife criminals."

"Of course, I suppose I can just hold on to it until he ends up executed by the local authorities. We will just have to hope nothing time-sensitive is inside of it that gets someone innocent killed."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna raises an eyebrow "A what? I've never heard of anything like that, let me see." She looks at the bag, feeling around inside the empty satchel. "Huh... interesting. A shame I already knocked him flat. Honestly though, if he wakes up he's probably going to grab a sword and try to shank me instead of listening, but I can try. I can guarantee if he attacks he's going to get my sword through his liver, so problem solved regardless."

She shrugs. "I'd just hold on to it, his crew is probably going to dump him in the ocean after causing this mess in the first place."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Yeah, true enough."

Bri slings the bag across her shoulder.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Kneeling next to Redd, Chell uses another pulse of positive energy, this time allowing it to wash over the bandit. She wanted him awake to hear what she had to say.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3) = 10

"Or we could just ask," Chell quips innocently. "I agree he overreacted to some questions and a simple charm spell but I don't feel comfortable relieving him of all his valuables," she says looking pointedly at Astrianna. "I should be able to care of the damage he caused us so there is no need to take it out on him. He has lost a lot already. This drug trade should be stopped but not at the expense of anyone's humanity."

Then turning to Redd, "I don't have much say in this group but if you cooperate I am sure things will turn out far better for you than if you don't. Your choice."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Evil GM

Redd stirs as the positive energy pulsates through his body. He growls, "What!" He is not thrilled but does not reach for a weapon.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs as the healing mist washes over her, enjoying the tingling sensation. "Humanity? You think this man has any humanity...?" She has done her part and decides to let the others do as they please. The bard leans up against the wall, one leg propped against the wood, one hand resting on her sword hilt. She observes silently, wondering if this will turn poorly.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue has this strange image of Redd getting healed, knocked out, and healed again as the scene plays out in front of him.

I don't know how much was bluster and how much was real. I've made lots of threats in combat about what I'd do but pretty much all was of the 'hang you from a branch as a warning' type. He arches an eye at Redd. So count you blessings and at least stop doing things that will get you beat on again.


Evil GM

Redd makes a minimum nod to Torgue's suggestion. He then looks at Chell. anything else with this man?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Keep your head low, get outta the drug business... It's a dying trade. We can do business if you clean up.

Sorry about the dead. Wasn't the intent.

Sorrin makes sure the man has his gear, weapons in the office.


Evil GM

Chell did you want to question Redd before I move the game along? If not, I'm going to push forward and have you all move to either: Green Dragon Inn, Quells chapter house, or the Run Aground. So you can plan your next move.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna rolls her eyes, but doesn't say anything. Fool is putting holes in my story. I doubt he cares though. He might move like a cat but he speaks like a horse.

Vote for Green Dragon Inn here.

5,001 to 5,050 of 14,076 << first < prev | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.