Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,351 to 4,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

You were at the Chapterhouse, which I believe is the rendezvous before the meeting, because we're going with Zalen. Relgin and Jessica are also coming along.

Astrianna shrugs at Sorrin, gesturing dismissively. "Don't give all your money away..." She comments as they go towards the meeting.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel and Thrasher walk a brisk pace with the girls as they head to the meeting.
Not sure the 3 of us combined have the strength to remove the stick from his a$$. Are you two certain we should allow him to join our partnership? At least our previous companions were fun. The man is clearly skilled but what does he offer beyond a blade that warrants an equal share? Good swords are common enough, he offers nothing in terms of diplomacy that Astrianna cannot do better. He is a newcomer as much as we so has no contacts. Why are we letting him just join in? Hells, the man half thinks he's in charge.

Adriel was obviously flustered. Ordinarily someone as Boring as Sorrin would not give the sellsword pause, but the implications of ANOTHER partner would affect his cut of profit and THAT concerned him greatly.


Evil GM

As the party leads Gyr towards the Fort Stormshield the port is bustling with activity. You can see the masts of docked ships and the dropped sails to two recently departed cogs. The day has turned dark and cloudy, while the thick sulfur smell clings to humid air.

You notice a couple of old men lingering around Old fish Supplies they have some weathered gear propped up nearby. They give a respectful bod to the two clerics of Quell.

Astri I need you to make a Fortitude save. DC 21.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Anyplace to pick up a spyglass (telescope) without wasting time?

@Chell (softly) - Petty mindgames are the least of our worry. There is danger at the fort, among the Dragoons. Corruption. Evil or at the very least, hidden chaos. They enforce a law that benefits some... few. Not the will of the people. Have a care, speak nothing of it, but watch and listen.

Appear inept, weak... clueless. If they perceive a threat, they may decide to eliminate it. We will speak later. Your Quell and The Dawnflower watch over you, priestess. Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, he turns to go.

@Captain/Jenkie - Let's go fishing. I hear war canoes are... biting. You guys have a spyglass? Time for some reconnaissance.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri would strongly suggest leaving Jessica at the Chapterhouse. Her mental stability is not that great and she may cause a disruption at the fort. She will suggest that Relgin come as a witness.

Chell, you were sleeping at the chapterhouse right? We would have sent an acolyte to fetch you since you are also a witness as to what went on.


Evil GM

Spyglasses are available for the CRB price of 1000 gp.

"Captain sold it along with other things. Need sleep, we can go out later." Jenkie replies.

The lesser restoration on jenkie took away his fatigue but the capt is still in need of rest.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin does not begrudge the man his rest. He leaves the boat after depositing his noble's cloak.

Looking more like a common sailor, he walks and surveys the docks... Eventually, he approaches the Tulita slums.

Perception 1, as needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Perception 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I forgot to respond about Thrasher!

Astrianna is a little put off by the flying lizard suddenly giving her affection, and she laughs nervously, looking at Adriel with a raised eyebrow. "Thrasher come on now, you're messing up my hair..." She quickly fixes it with the help of Bri after the familiar has taken its place back at his master's side.

Fort against fatigue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Astri is now fatigued. Probably take a nap after the meeting.

I think Jessica is fine mentally, she's just a rambunctious little girl. One of the rumors is that Harok killed his wife and little girl- considering we have her that's not true.

The bard yawns loudly, covering her mouth. The all-nighter was really starting to get to slow her down. Hopefully it doesn't dull her tongue too much. She lays a hand on Adriel's other shoulder. "Don't get your loins all girded up over him, Adriel. Those righteous types get all hot and bothered when you act that way. The man has a lot of money, and if we can convince him what we're doing is actually his idea, we can get him to spend that money on us. He certainly needs help spending it."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel looks skeptical at the bard's reply.
Do find a way to tighten his purse, rather than loosen them, so far I have seen him hire just about everyone he has met. I have expected him to offer the were-shark a job.

Adriel continues the walk, Well, at least he has no qualms about standing at the front. I think we might need a contract bequeathing all our wealth to the company should we die. That way we can be sure his share doesn't go to wasted on one of his crusades. To be clear we're all in this for profit yes?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna barks a laugh at the elf's comment. "Now that you mention it I'm surprised he didn't offer a job to the shark."

The bard shrugs. "I'm not a fan of contracts, unless they're in my favor. I enjoy my work because it's fun, but the coin is certainly a motivator. If I was only interested in money, I would just work in the theatre, or sing, or fiddle."


Zalen provides a bit of history as you walk...

"Fort Stormshield is over 100 years old, built long before the founding of Port Shaw by an elven shipping guild attempting to reclaim territory once held by elves during Sammerlock Sails’ ancient supremacy over the Razor. The elves purchased the plateau south of present-day Port Shaw and erected Fort Stormshield to protect them from pirates. The elves recently abandoned the Fort when their guild – overwhelmed by piratical predations – fled the area. Elder Hargrove purchased the fort some say for a pittance. Now the Municipal Dragoons of Port Shaw use the fort as their base of operations."


Evil GM

You notice that the walls of the fort, constructed from thick stone blocks and mortar, are strong enough to resist the coast’s punishing tropical storms – hence the fort’s moniker.

As the group gets closer to its designation Astri is lagging really suffering from her lack of sleep. The road leading up bluff to the gate seem to go on forever - at least in Astri's mind.

Fatigued:

A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.


Evil GM

There are numerous guards on the wall overlooking the bluff and you are fairly certain there are plenty of patrols walking the area. There is a squad outside the gate to the Fort at attention, once you get within 200 yards of the gate they ride out to greet you.

Zalen simply stops where he is standing.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Thankfully I prepared for this and Adriel is carrying my things so not encumbered at least. Astri is going to have a problem using her compound bow though.

Astrianna keeps her head high despite her physically struggles. She is no stranger to staying awake for long hours but this is pushing her limits. Thankfully a little makeup goes a long way... After this your reward is sweet sweet bed Astri, just keep up appearances.

She chats with Zalen about the history of the fort as they travel, and inquires about the important Dragoons/their connections.

As the Dragoons approach the group the bard crosses her arms over her chest and simply observes for the moment. Zalen is the local and she will take his que on proper entry protocol. when they are in she has some plans...


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell followed along quietly, yawning every once in a while. Her nap might have removed some of the physical fatigue but her mind was still moving slow. Zalen and Astrianna's rambling about the history of the castle they were heading to was not helping. She wasn't very studious during her training and she was actually surprised she remembered so much about Dajobas. As soon as the castle and the scenery came into view the fatigue washed away. It was a wonderful sight seeing so much of the sea before her, expanding all the way to the horizon. She nearly runs into Father Zalen when he stops but manages to catch herself before making a scene.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Since their fighter had decided that a were shark and a killer, along with saving an innocent man was apparently not important enough from a man who supposedly supported the Dawnflower, to break from his day, Adriel kept a close grip on the bonds of the Sharkman, though he kept his sword sheathed since he was satisfied he could kill the man with spell and his fists should he attempt to shift out of his bonds.


Evil GM

The squad rides forth the sergeant reigns his horse in, "Greetings. Is this the prisoner?" A brief pause before he continues. "Commandant Bonedeuce has little time today but he has agreed to meet you, before he attends to other pressing duties." Two other riders come forward to take the prisoner's ropes.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna greets the sergeant, and gestures for him to take the ropes. "Good afternoon, Sergeant. Keep a close eye and short leash on Grymmer- the man can shape-shift into a wereshark at will. I would advise you keep some silver on hand."

Approaching the Sergeant, she extends her hand for him to take. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Astrianna of House Sparacello, Magistrates of Cassomir whose line has been continuously appointed by the governors for hundreds of years. If you would humor a lady, Sergeant, please fulfill a simple request. It has come to my knowledge there is an elderly Tulita man in your holding cells that assaulted a Dragoon with a knife. Please bring the old man and Grymmer to our meeting. They shan't be needed long."

The bard falls back with the group and awaits to be directed to the meeting. "Oh, and if you see Greg before our meeting, do tell him Astri is quite excited to see him again." She adds with a smile.

Diplomacy for request: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Droppin' names and gettin' things done.


The Sergeant does not take the hand offered and appears taken aback by the gesture lacking protocol. "I will bring your request to my superiors." He simply looks down at Astrianna of House Sparacello and comments. "Certainly Commandant Bonedeuce will be notified." He stresses the proper title.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna realizes a gaffe when she sees one- her gamble to try and receive special treatment by insinuating intimacy with the Commandant had not paid off. S#%+. Should have let Zalen handle this.

However, she acts unfazed and simply smiles at the Sergeant. "Very good Sergeant, thank you for submitting my request to your superiors." Is said with the utmost sincerity, even though she is slightly miffed she did not get exactly what she wanted. Sorrin keeps blabbering about the Dragoons being corrupted or something, but THIS Sergeant is certainly doing his job.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel hands over the lesh on the prisoner.
Careful, the fish bites. The lady is not kidding.

He steps back and allows the Dragoons to do their work.
Wonder how skilled this lot are. Certainly look the part. No brains of course...

Thrasher makes a noise somewhere between a squawk and a hiss.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Knowing that her blunt speech occasionally causes problems, Bri remains silent for the moment and tries to let the more loquacious members of the group speak.


Evil GM

The dragoons nod at Adriel then lead Gry towards the fort. The escort leads you through the gate and you notice that fort is well guarded.

I have to grab the pdf and place it into maptools.


Evil GM

Fort Stormfield


Evil GM

When you walk through the gates you see on your right hand side a trget range. The Dragoons reserve this area of the courtyard for bow and crossbolt practice. Straw humanoid dummies sit against the wall. Each dummy wears a shirt riddled with arrows/bolts/hatchets/knives and a bullseye painted in red on the chest.

The court yard has two squads of dragoons fully equipment and stern faced line around a center tent. Noticeable you see three people handing from crucifix in the courtyard. It should be apparent that this is a serious place with it's formalities.

There is center tent near the hanging men and inside the tend Cammander Boneduece stands behind a table discussing matter with three other officers. He listens to the Sargent who spoke to you outside. When that man leaves he motions your group to enter.

Fort Stormfield meeting


Evil GM

The men in the tent with Boneduece:

1. Adriel and Astri will recognize Commander Aeron Chambers who you met outside the fish supply store. H has on his white gentleman's cape, gloves, and a highly decorated dragoon uniform, and a neat looking cap.

2. There is male half-orc wearing a chain shirt, and he has several nice looking weapons including battleaxe, several hammers. His dark eyes are menacing.

3. There is dire looking human wearing a heavy grey cloak over nice breastplate and cap. He has on a bloodstained smock and gloves. He has wicked looking flail hanging on his hip. His eyes are absolutely emotionless.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hey it's Sath!

Astrianna follows the Dragoons inside, and her eyes scan the courtyard. The stern-faced squads of the well-equipped Dragoons and crucified men certainly give the place a morbid air of discipline. While the bard hates the stifling protocol this place thrusts upon her, she is appreciative her mistake in formalities was made with the Sergeant and not the Commander. She feels much more prepared.

The half-elf walks into the tent with her usual swagger, smiling at Gregory as she enters. Emerald eyes dart towards the other men in the room. Those are very dangerous men... She gives a small, sweeping curtsy to both Bonedeuce and Chambers. "It is wonderful to see both of you again in such a short time, Commandant Bonedeuce, Commandant Chambers." She gestures to the surrounding fort while speaking to Bonedeuce. "If you must organize all of this every day, I see why you have no time for private fiddle lessons, Commander."

Comedy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The bard makes a small joke to Gregory before folding her hands behind her back. "I do wish fiddling was the reason for our arrival." She says, her tone turning grave. The half-elf keeps her back straight, head held high, and voice confident, even though all she'd like to do is drink some wine and lay down into a warm bed right now.

"We are here to turn over Grymmer Reefstead- kidnapper, murderer, madman, and were-shark. Simultaneously, we are here to prove the innocence of Harok Mcfarrow by witness account." She allows the Commander to respond before she continues.


Evil GM

I needed a token and he was handy.


DM:

perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

"Lady Astri it's pleasure seeing you again. I'm sure you must be bit tired from your deeds of heroism for certainly House Sparacello, Magistrates of Cassomir, knows the difference between Commander Chambers official status and my official rank." He gestures, his tone firm yet eloquent, as he politely corrects the gaff. "You bring forth Grymmer Reefstead- who you allege is a kidnapper, murderer, madman, and were-shark. What evidence do you present?" He pauses a second and looks over all the guests. "Let it be known that those offering evidence shall speak truth for all lies are dealt with harshly." He flicks his wrist towards one of the crucified men.

Each man in the tent stare and listen intently.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell walks easily into the fort with the others. The view has reinvigorated her and the knowledge that she is here to help in anyway possible drives away the fear of intimidation from the squad of Dragoons. Her happy attitude falters at the crucified men. She understood the need for discipline but that was no excuse for such barbarism. She would have to talk to Father Zalen about it later since she had very little power here. Instead she waited her turn to speak at the table if necessary.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I should have just asked because I was confused by Bonedeuce being referred to as Commander sometimes and Commandant before this. Astri should know but I sure as heck don't. Can you explain the difference to me? The way they were being used I thought they were interchangeable.

I'm guessing Bonedeuce is the Commandant, or military/justice leader, and Chambers is a Commander? Sorry for all the out-of-character missteps, I should have just asked.

Astrianna gives a short, apologetic bow. "I apologize for misspeaking, Commandant- it has been a very long day. It shan't happen again." She clears her throat and gestures to Embrianna, Adriel, and Chell. "These brave fellows plus myself all witnessed Grymmer Reefstead, in the form of a were-shark, in his cabin near Thumb's Reach, with Jessica, Harok's daughter, held hostage for reasons he refuses to disclose. He has raved about the Coming of Dajobos, bearing the Kiss of Dajobas, and threatening the destruction of Port Shaw since we captured him. Embrianna, you were the first to see him. Please describe to the Commandant what you saw."

After Embri gives her description, the bard turns to Adriel. " Adriel Mistleaf. Please describe the scene at Grymmer's cabin."

Then to Chell. "Chell, priestess of Quell. You not only saw what the other two did, but inspected the area around the cabin, did you not? Please tell the Commandant what kinds of debris was scattered about the yard."

Finally, she gestures to Relgin. "While we have our observed evidence that Grymmer kidnapped Jessica, is a madman and a murderer, I will now give the floor to Relgin so he may tell those present what exactly happened to Harok's Wife and the others that were killed in Thumb's Reach, providing evidence that Harok is innocent. Please, Relgin, tell the Commandant what you told us last night."

The half-elf listens to the Smith carefully- if he begins to stumble over his words, she will help him along.

Letting everyone get their two cents in/provide evidence.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel awaits his turn and for the commander to look at him to speak.
He did not salute, because he was a Sellsword and had never held any official rank, but he knew soldiers did not expect nor accept salutes from civilians.

He had not spoken at their last encounter.
But the chain shirt, Masterwork Scimitar and assorted weapons would have left no doubt that he was the warrior of the group.

Whem we arrived at the village it was clear the bloodshed that had been wrought there. The place has been visited even after your prisoner was taken. We found our witness and began tracking back to the were-sharks hut, though at the time we had no idea what we would find. We came across bloodied remains along the trail and were attacked by carnivorous plants called vegie pygmies though whether they were responsible for or simply drawn to the remains I know not. When we arrived at the hut we found a man but when he became aware of us shifted into a human shark hybrid. It was the strength of magic which brought him down. We tied him up and kept him under sword watch until we brought him here. He has been talking of vengeance and sharks and old gods the entire time. Asked repeatedly for us to come close enough so he could whisped the secret in our ear. I think he just wanted to bite someone's head off.

The elf finishes and waits for any direct questions. ...


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin, looking quite common... wonders what "fun" he's missing. Surely, Douche the 'Goon regaling them with statements regarding the power he wields, subtle and overt, verbal and non. Uncle would not approve.

He would counsel the man is still dangerous. Confrontation should be avoided unless leverage is assured.

Having reached the slums, Sorrin wonders how hostile the reception will be. Ironic, he only wanted to help. The language would be critical, as would persuasion.

The Mockingbird used language and persuasion, but to her own self-centered ends. Now, he realized the skill was just a tool. Like a sword. He is a prince, supposedly... and he will need every tool at his disposal.

Mother was a wordsmith, sister too. Just came naturally. They had tried to teach him, but we wanted to be out ranging with uncle. Sorrin would try to remember mother and sister's lessons.

For now, he was a stranger in a very strange land.


Evil GM

commandant=top officer in charge; commander=leader of division or unit usually second in charge.

Astri - Your lack of sleep played well for the story line and tone of the encounter, don't worry they aren't putting up new crosses - yet.

Astri, Bri, and Adriel you would recognize two of the men handing as the local pushers that Astri purchased the dragonsmoke from near the docks.


Evil GM

I'll wait for Bri and Chell to comment beofre any questions and Relgin speaks.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Another menacing half-orc? Hot

Not having to worry about keeping a close eye on Gyr now that the Dragoons had him, Bri felt free to look over the men in the tent.

Well, I can see why Astri seems rather fond of that commadant fellow. Though the big half-orc is more my type. I do so like them big and dangerous looking. However, even that bloodstained fellow looks a bit too dangerous for me to want to mess with.

When it is her turn to give testimony, Bri stops checking out the half-orc and gives her account of how she had first spied Gyr inside the cabin and how she watched him shift to his shark-man form when he realized that her group was around the cabin.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Okay thanks! I figured that's what it was, I'll keep it straight now. I would like to avoid any new crosses put up...

Astrianna takes note of the dragonsmoke pushers that are now crucified, and frowns. Shame. I was hoping to use those two to determine the exact location of the brainfog drop tonight. Hm, if I could get us hired on as guards for the shipment.. there may not be enough time though... Her mind wanders for a moment, before snapping back to those speaking.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

When Chell's turn is up she takes a moment to organize her thoughts then jumps into her description, "When we arrived at the cabin where we found this man and the missing girl Jessica, it looked like a hunter's cabin. There were fragments of bone littering the ground and meat hanging from various places. However not all of it was animals. I did notice human remains including what may have been a child's," she says letting that sink in. Even as their faces turned to look at Grymmer with disgust she continued.

"However the man was not as violent as I would have expected. He did turn into a shark hybrid but he didn't even try to escape the entire way here. The only information he has given us outside of his ramblings about Dajobas was that he was charged with protecting the girl though he never said who gave him the orders. The girl also has been surprisingly calm considering the circumstances. Might I ask how you came to arrest her father Harok and would you mind if talked to him?"

Eventually she would get around to the possible connection with the disappearances but for now, one thing at a time.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri attempts to clarify what she feels is an oversight in Chell's statement. "He never actually stated that he was supposed to protect the girl. He said that he was given orders not to harm the girl by the one he served and that he personally didn't care if she lived or died. Though he refused to say anything about the reasons that his master wanted him to hold the girl. The girl herself seems to be a bit touched in the head."


Evil GM

Relgin steps up he is visibly shaking and his voice cracks as she speaks. There is a slight ammonia smell and you can see that he has piddled himself as he stumbles for words, his eyes darting to each officer. "I..um...I um, saw Grymmer Reefstead attack and kill, along with others, in the village. He was always a rival with Harok, I just lacked the courage to come forth."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna stops breathing through her nose as it becomes apparent that Relgin has pissed himself in fear. That's about all I'm going to get from him.

When the smith is finished speaking, Astrianna smiles and takes the floor from him. She gestures as she speaks, pacing the tent slowly in a line. "Thank you Relgin. On our arrival the smith informed us Grymmer Reefstead and an unknown assailant that was in were-shark form at the time murdered the inhabitants of Thumb's Reach. I presume it was after this massacre that Grymmer received his "Kiss of Dajobas", becoming a were-shark and taking his place as a worshiper of the bloodthirsty god. When Harok was taken into custody for being the suspected murderer of his wife, Grymmer was charged by this unknown were-shark to kidnap and keep Jessica intact for an equally unknown purpose that he will not reveal." She stops pacing, turning to the Commadant. "This is the evidence we present for our claims against Grymmer Reefstead and the innocence of Harok."

She awaits their questions....There are many to ask, as their evidence is based solely on testimony.


Boneduece listens intently then looks to the man in the blood stained smock, unspoken words pass between the two of them. "Fine, Grymmer Reefstead will be held for questioning and his testimony will be forthcoming. Grymmer Reefstead you will confess your crimes."

He looks around the group, "After Grymmer is thoroughly questioned, I will send my inquisitor" he motions to the man in the blood covered smock, "to the village to further investigate this matter. Harok McFarrow will be released if the new evidence stands."

he sips some cool lemonade, "Is there any other business you'd like to address today?'


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna seems pleased enough with the result. Truly, she cares not what happens to Grymmer or Harok, but the fact a man may owe her his life and she has proven herself a hero of sorts is intensely satisfying. Now, she attempts to satisfy her curiosity.

She nods her head to Boneduece, lifting her hand to her chin in thought for a moment. "Commandant Boneduece, if you would be so kind to indulge a ladies' curiosity, could you bring forth the elderly Tulita man that was arrested yesterday for assaulting a dragoon? I will fully explain my intentions."

The half-elf continues in a neutral tone, her voice projecting strongly. "I was present at the docks when the man was raving about the return of Dajobas and how we should beware those bearing the Kiss of Dajobas, and believed he was simply a crazy old man- doubly so when he attacked one of your officers. But after listening to Grymmer's rantings, I suspect that the "Kiss" of Dajobas is a bite that "blesses" individuals with selachimorphatrophy, or the ability to turn into a wereshark."

She takes a breath before continuing. "Please let me preface this statement-I have no interest in the internal affairs of the Dragoons, and any information gleaned from this experiment is yours to conclude. If that old man reacts to Grymmer in the same fashion he reacted to the Dragoon officer he attacked.... It suggests the old man can sense those that have been given the Kiss and may give reason to watch that officer for signs of selachimorphatrophy."

Diplomacy for request: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I would use Enhanced Diplomacy but Astri doesn't appear to need it.

Officer's infected with selachimorphatrophy and the only men that could cure it are missing. Not only that but priests going missing. With a start Chell blurts out, "Sir, when is the next full moon?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

They might be suspicious about spells being cast, so it's probably for the best we don't need any.

Astrianna's brows furrow as Chell suddenly blurts out relevant but out of turn astrological questions.

If no one present knows (though they probably do) Astrianna will attempt to answer Chell's question.

Take 10 Knowledge: Nature for estimate of next full moon on the Razor- 10+8=18


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Priestess of Quell should know... or even feel it. So linked are moon and tide.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Probably but I figured I should be dramatic.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel looks on but does not move, standing in a relaxed manner with a hands at his sides and not near his weapon. He had not judged the character of these men but was familiar with lawmen so rigid that it was not hard to find oneself forever offside.

He was relaxed, but his sword was merely his most OBVIOUS weapon...


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Not having followed Astri's previous mention of wanting see the Tualita man, Bri remains quiet wondering how the Dragoons will handle the suggestion that one of their own may be tainted by the "Kiss of Dajoba".


The Commandand listens to AStri's request patiently. then plances his thumb and forefinger on his chin, "Interesting." with a subtle glance he looks over a the man in the blood stained smock, then at Commander Chambers. "do we have this tulitan in the cells?"

Sense motive check if you have it.

4,351 to 4,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.