Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,201 to 4,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna eyes Sorrin, giving her head a shake. He'll get the Ghoul Fever... He'll probably pull through, he looks tough. But if he dies from it we'll have to put him down immediately.

Astrianna scrounges up some food in the kitchen, anything she can eat... she'd make a donation to the church later.


DM roll:

Heal check
thasher: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Before departing the room the priest does a once over Thrasher. He frown a bit as he looks a the reptile, "Anatomy's different obviously, but i think he's gonna be sick too."


Evil GM

You're all heart Astri...all heart.


About five minutes later the cleric returns carrying a tube. "Sit down there." He points to a simple wooden chair. He opens the case and pulls out a scroll then begins to say a blessing.

CL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

He touches Sorrin's forehead.

He repeats the process for Thrasher, touching his beak.

CL: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

'Both of you will be fine now."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin's mood was soured, but his mind still worked.

Softly, he suggests... Chell, maybe there are things on Zalen's mind he doesn't feel like discussing in public. Perhaps church business. I'm willing to lend you my arm getting to the root of things.

You should go see what's on his mind. Just a suggestion.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell attempts to follow Father Zalen, "Lacedons? You think it Ghoul Fever? How long do you think before it sets in? If we have time I could draw up a scroll or two. Or Quell might see fit to grant me the spells in place of the ones I have."

*Edit As usual as I start a post two more pop in before mine.


"well they would have had ghoul fever sometimes tomorrow." He shows Chell the restorative scrolls, "Only have three of these ready...we seem to use these cure diseases as quick as we draft them." He looks at her, "A critical spell for you to know...critical."


After he removes the disease on Thrasher and Sorrin he chats with chell more, "So what brings you to town...priestess. I'm not complaining, we can use more church members here this city is mess. I need to tend to the food line and the those in need of assistance this morning, you're fne to follow and chat if you like."

Before he leaves the room a second time, he hands over a burlap sack holding the 300 gp to the Astri. He pulls the were-shack man's tethered. 'Don't even think it." He warns the man.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Before you go, Sir... This, these will help Jenkie, he was mauled as well? He's Captain Donovan man. Actually mentioned something about Wave Riders. Know anything about that?

I can walk with.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell walks with Zalen for as long as necessary, even to the to the food lines though she does use discretion when discussing sensitive information. "Well, if I can I will try to provide more but the reason I am here is to look into the disappearances of our own. Its more than a little troubling to get to word that someone or something was kidnapping or killing the followers of Quell. I mean, our only goal is to make life on the ocean easier. It would take a very wicked person to attack a source of healing and well-being of a community. Seeing as you are the leader of this chapterhouse I was hoping you could shed some light on the situation. Any information you could provide would be helpful. And though I am not a detective of any sort you do seem to have a relationship with some powerful people. It might not be such a bad idea to include them," Chell begins. Then the ramblings of the prisoner as they lock him away reminds her of the possible connection between the two. "One thing on this man. I can't be sure of his involvement or guilt. He is a were-shark, I saw that, violent, and will most likely cause a lot of problems if let free but something seems strange about all this. He rambles like a made man about a blood-washed kiss of Dajobas for all of Port Shaw. I know Dajobas and Quell don't have a connection but removing another god from the area would likely help and empower the others. Do you think this group of were-sharks might be responsible?"


The cleric responds only when prying ears are not around, "the mysterious disappearance of Archibald Noeliss, the cleric who presided here for the past twenty years is of grave concern. By all accounts the people liked him, but I suspect foul play. Perhaps he found something he wasn't suppose to...I don't know yet." He looks around, "Even more troubling is the Church planned to fill Noeliss’ place with Dalang Jalamar but this respected missionary vanished without a trace two months ago." He shakes his head, "Two ranking members of the church up and gone...and...I've heard others in the field have gone missing. Be careful and give the appearance of being harmless, or you may run into similar fate, as I suspect there's a secret society in the town." With that he leaves you be as he scurries off.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Well that was odd, Chell thinks as he hurries away. Must be afraid for his own life. While the others do there own thing Chell will ask around about the missing men to gauge the communities outlook on them and last time people saw them. She won't mention that they have disappeared to prevent panic and try to reassure those that mention it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Sorrin said he might come along. Did he hear all that?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
You're all heart Astri...all heart.

:p Oh Astri, what a rascal!

The bard watches the curing process as she chews on some hard bread, attempting to soften it up in some soup. The half-elf takes a drag of coffee between bites. She looks to Chell, swallowing a mouthful. "Seems everything in the Razor has poison or some horrible mutatious disease. We'd appreciate your blessings if you'd like to stick around with us for a while. There are plenty of problems to solve in this city."

Astrianna's eyes light up at the heavy sack, and bounces it in her palm to hear the lovely jangle of coin. "Pleasure doing business with you, Zalen. If you have any other gracious benefactors that need problems taken care of, look us up. Ah, and thank you for the potions earlier, they came in handy."

Before he takes off, she addresses the Father. "Zalen, I would like to go with you when you request an audience with the Dragoons concerning Harok. There is an eldery Tulita I would like to have present during the hearing who is currently locked up, and I will see if I can negotiate for his presence. I will return in an hour or so, hopefully when you finish with your duties."

Each of us got 300gp out of the job, correct?

So we're going to do our own thing for a bit I guess? Adriel and Embri are going to rest? Astri is going to pick up her clothes. She also needs a new canteen (damn brat) but picking up the clothes will probably take an hour at least.

Because the Silk District is just around the corner, and she's feeling particularly confident, Astrianna takes off by herself to collect the two outfits she ordered from the haberdashery the other day, staying for a while to try both of them on and note any last-minute adjustments that need to be made. She changes into her stylish red and black Noble's Outfit before leaving, complete with her special Dontorian special hat. She returns to the Quell Chapterhouse afterwards, feeling like a new woman.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
Chell Silves wrote:
Sorrin said he might come along. Did he hear all that?

Noting the Father's concern for discretion, Sorrin waits for Chell's return.

Upon which, he asks her if she will be joining him for breakfast with Captain Donovan and Jenkie.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Forgot about this. Not sure if that means still good or tired though.

When Chell returns it is clear she seems worried about something. So when Astri asks if she would like to join them she is hesitant. "It is kind of you to offer but there are some things you should know before then. Is there someplace you know of where we can have a conversation in private? All of you should be there since it may involve all of you."

Two things DM. First, I guess I'll ask around a little later. Second how powerful were some of the priests that where taken? So I can convey the danger of the situation to the others.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The DC to avoid fatigue from not sleeping is 15, so Chell is now Fatigued.

Astrianna shrugs at Chell. "It wasn't so much of an offer as a request, I want to see how the Dragoons operate bureaucratically. You're welcome to come along and talk to me while I go to the haberdasher, otherwise we could all just go out back and speak for a moment."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Well I am not from here so I can't help with the first one but I guess going out back will be good enough." As you head out back Chell looks around nervously and as you all look to her for an explanation she wrings hands, not comfortable with what she is about to ask.

"Honestly if you hadn't requested I might have made the request myself. I told you that the reason I was here was to look into the disappearances of some of the priest but my talk with father Zalen makes it seem far worse than that. Two prominent members have disappeared and several more out in the field have all vanished without a trace. We aren't fighters but it shouldn't have been that easy to take so many without a witness, especially Archibald Noeliss and Dalang Jalamar. They should be able to dissuade common brigands themselves. Father Zalen also seems very nervous and suspects some sort of secret society in town. I want to look into this but I fear the longer I stay here the more likely I am to be a target. However that might also be the fastest way to find out the cause though I doubt I would fair any better than the others. Thus my reasons for going with you would then be purely selfish. I figure with powerful allies such as yourselves I might stand a chance but I don't want to put you all in danger. This is my mission and I will see it through alone if I have to." Chell ends on a strong note but it is easy to see the fear in her eyes at the prospect.


Evil GM

Nope...it was 300 gp total. It'll keep you lodged and boarded a bit longer.


Evil GM

Chell you know father Zalen is much more powerful than you and he was second in line for the Port Shaw job. That tells you that Archibald Noeliss was pretty high rank (10-13 level) and that Dalang Jalamar was similarly situated in the church hierarchy. You figure that the countryside priests that have come up missing are similar rank to you (more or less)


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

That is terrifying. A level 12 cleric with weather domain can create hurricane force winds. Guys, please help.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:


Then the Zalen mentions, "We were talking about the pour Harok and the hamlet. I tried to get Quell's Whore to investigate it but the Captain has other thing going fright now but offered up 1500 gold help spur some interest."[b] A light bulb goes off. [b]"Would you all be interested in a little job, I'd even offer up a couple healing potions just in case."

He said 1500, which I figured split 5 ways is 300. Did he charge us for the healing potions our something? Wow losing priests that powerful is terrifying. Will get substantial post in tonight.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I can only speak for myself. We can help each other. I will walk with you.. Sorrin seems sincere.


Evil GM

I need to find the post where the job was offered.

Found it, 1500 GP


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri's gone off to sleep for a couple hours while they wait for the return of whoever the Father send to the Fort.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

So 300 for everyone?

Astrianna listens to Chell carefully. When she realizes the importance of the situation, the bard takes out her notebook and pen, dabbing some ink on the nib and writing a few sentences to herself. "I see... this is... hmm... hm.." She chews on the end of the pen, staring at her notebook, looking over the words written in flowing elven script. "If this is related to Dajobas.... but there is the council to consider.... Don't know enough about them.... Darius had a hit put on him by an unknown party, according to Thalios... I need to talk to that man..." She mutters to herself, sighing lightly and looking up.

"Chell. I feel there is a puzzle box here, and we are missing most of the pieces. Is it coincidence that the priests of Quell are falling, undead Tulita are coming out of the sewer or wherever, and Dajobas has gone from a Tulita boogeyman to a true threat...?" She thinks back on the oral history chants First Mate Malta used to say. "The time of the Shark... could it be upon the Razor? Has it been since the Avistans arrived?"

Emerald eyes look into Chell's own as she closes her notebook with a definitive snap. "We have need of you, and you have need of us. Let's be of use to each other. I'm curious what is going on in Shaw. If there is a secret society... they won't be hidden long from me."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel is quick to take his share of coin when the amount is finally handed over.
Since we have time I'm going to grab some sleep, If you have a cot available Padre. That will also keep me close by if the were-shark gets nasty. And Thrasher thanks you for the healing.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Assuming we cut Chell in.

Chell, then if you'd accompany me to breakfast, we need to look after Jenkie as he was clawed and mawed by lacedons as well. That boy deserves better in life.


Evil GM

Adriel and anyone else else staying. An acolyte will show you to a spartan looking room with two cots in it if you want to rest.

---
For those going to breakfast Capt Donovan and Jenkie are not there when you arrive. After another 20 minutes the Captain appears and order eggs, ham, and grits. "Plenty of water...mighty thirsty today. Need t'get some shut eye. Jenkie's catching some winks on the boat."

---
To Astri's dismay the haberdasher is not open at 7:00 am when you arrive. Remember you docked at sunrise (6 am) and you spent time with the Father, so it's still early.

---
Bri went back to her room for some quality sleep.

---
Chell where did you after the meeting? did you stay in the chapterhouse, they would have a visiting priest room, or did you go to breakfast or follow Astri to the haberdasher? If you follow Astri I will assume she explains the need for decent clothing.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri intended to get some sleep, not leave the chapterhouse though. The cot will do just fine for her and she won't mind sharing a room with Adriel for some sleep.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 That's probably enough to know how to defend against Lycanthropy.

"Thank you everyone," looking thoroughly relieved. "I hope I can be of use. And from all that you said, it sounds like there could be a connection. Priests would have the skills necessary to deal with both undead and Lycanthropy. Even the lowest of our order can turn away undead but it takes a very powerful priest to remove the curse of Lycanthropy and even then they have to know about it. After 3 days...it is too late. The first two to get taken are the only ones I know of in the area that could do it.

@Sorrin: "I think I could better serve Jenkie by praying for the spell to remove Ghoul Fever if you think he has it. I will join you in an hour or so after I pray."

I didn't establish a time to pray for spells but morning fits. Chell will use the visiting priests room to pray and change a few spells around, then go to breakfast.

Also, did Father Zalen actually cast Remove Disease? I saw a CLW roll. I have no reason to doubt what he said but should I do a Heal check on Sorrin at a (-) to see that he still has it?


Evil GM

Adriel, Thrasher, and Bri are out like a light.


Evil GM

Remove Disease rolls link


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Oh, CL for caster level check not Cure Light. Duh.


Evil GM

Chell knowledge results:

You know that a Heal spell of Remove Disease Spell cast by a powerful cleric (12 level or higher) can cure the disease. As a preventative measure wolfsbane can be of some assistance to a person's fortitude (reroll fort save)

Chell make religion check.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 sigh, don't know whether to be happy or sad.


Evil GM

Chell Religion check:

You find it unusual, and probably not coincidental, that two priests of Quell, who probably could remove the curse of lycanthropy have disappeared.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

So everything I said fits what I know. Good.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna groans in frustration when the haberdasher isn't open, but part of her isn't surprised. She clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, deciding it would be better to wait. I simply cannot go on a diplomatic mission in my casual clothes. No, what if Gregory is there by chance...? Hopefully Zalen will be busy, he had a lot of homeless people to take care of.

The bard becomes instantly bored as she waits outside of Dontorian's, and decides to practice her fiddle. Taking the case off of her shoulder and settling it on the ground, she lifts the finely crafted instrument out of its case and gives it a quick look-over.

Lovingly rosining the bow, Astrianna closes her case and sets it up against the building. She isn't looking for hand-outs, no- her charity for the day will be a free performance for all of Port Shaw. Well. Whomever is awake this early will enjoy it, anyway.

She sets the violin against her chin and tunes it, chuckling to herself when she finds it doesn't even need tuning. Astrianna decides to improvise and simply play what she feels like.

Perform: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Oh my.. a roll like that deserves... this... Laid of Drumblair- Cutting Bracken/Brisk Bob 44:55

She starts off slow, smooth, relaxed, as she and the fiddle communicate through sound and touch, as she asks the instrument various questions about itself, and receives and answer in turn. The bard suddenly gets a surge of inspiration and anyone watching would definitely say Asmodeus himself takes over the bow and the bard lights the air on fire with music.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

We need an "Asmodeus Goes down to Georgia" type song for Astri to play. ;)


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Lol. One of the most powerful evil beings beaten by a kid with a fiddle. That sounds like an awesome npc.

-Posted with Wayfinder


A sales clerk shows up to open up the shop around 9:00 am Astri. To her perturbation there is an unwanted crowd of riff-raft hooting and howling outside the shop. many folks stomping and clapping to blasted fiddle music. "Shoo...shoo, you are blocking the entrance."


Evil GM

So far only Adriel and Bri have used their time to rest? Chell has prayed but not slept.

After Chell's prayer and freshen up she heads towards breakfast and run's across Astri holding a street performance.


Evil GM

Street performance:

gold: 1d3 ⇒ 2
silver: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
copper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

There is an assortment of coin in Astri's fiddle case.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin (alone or with Chell) had coffee and waited for the two. He was a little disappointed when Jenkie was not with the captain.

Waving the waitress, he had coffee freshened and ordered along with Donovan. Not fond of ham, he chose bacon.

We gotta get Jenkie to the priestess. He's not in the clear, but she'll fix him right.

And I need you for a week, thoughts? You know a Roland Lawrence, by the way?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I fully intend on taking Legato Piece on the Infernal Bargain (String) for specifically that purpose! It will likely end in hilarious, deadly hubris.

Astrianna was only going to pratice for a little while, or that was her plan at least... But people start appearing, and cheering, clapping, dancing, and she can't help herself. The spirit of the music takes her, and she keeps playing for the crowd, living for their approval, loving every hoot and holler. This is the life...

When the clerk shows up she takes notice, and smiles inwardly as the woman tries to break up the crowd Astri has created wit hthe power of song. Ending her current song with a flourish, the bard, lowers her violin and bows to the crowd.

"Thank you everyone! We all had a lot of fun, but I have business to attend to in the haberdashery, please disperse! I hope my fiddle brightened your day!"

Diplomacy to disperse crowd peacefully: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

She pauses for a moment. Brightened... The Brightening.... the spiritual vision elves receive when they reach enlightenment. That would be a wonderful name for this fiddle. The bard smiles, having discovered a name for her wonderful instrument, and whistles a jaunty tune while collecting the coin from her fiddle case.

The half-elf looks up at the store clerk as she unlocks the door. "Good morning! Astrianna Sparacello. I'm here to collect two outfits I ordered two days prior. I'll be inside after I pack up my fiddle." She looks at the position of the sun. Oops.. I played for far longer than I anticipated... Clutching her shoulder, she rotates the socket. Ugh that is going to be sore from holding The Brightening so long...


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

As Chell makes her way to the inn for breakfast, she hears lovely music from around a corner. She is not surprised to see a crowd has gathered around a performer playing a fiddle. Whoever was playing was obviously of great talent. So much so that the cleric couldn't help but wander closer and listen. It was amazing how music could invoke emotion better than any written or spoken word or even magic. The notes seemed to take her on a voyage back to the days of her youth, sailing on the open ocean on her grandfather's ship. Most men left their family behind when they went on a voyage. Her grandfather did the opposite and took his whole family with him. He figured the only ones you could really trust were family. The Silves weren't large enough to man an entire ship by themselves but those who joined were considered family as well. She didn't know of anyone else whose ship was manned by mostly by blood relatives but it worked for years until he eventually turned it over to his son, Chell's father. She left soon after to become a cleric of Quell but last she heard the family was still doing fine. One day she might return but as long as people intended to brave the seas she would be there to help. As dangerous as it was she loved the sea.

The farther she was drawn into the music the more the worries of the were-sharks, the disappearances and everything else seemed to wash away. When the music stopped and the crowd cheered she clapped along with them and sent a spark of her magic through them. She healed their body while the music healed their hearts.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 2) = 6

As the crowd thinned she was surprised to see it was Astrianna with the fiddle. She walked up to her after the performance, the music still leaving her bubbly. "I have always admired the healing power of music. It touches people on level my magic never will." She then bowed to the musician and left to find Sorrin and the Captain, her steps a little lighter than before.

When she found them she was surprised to not find Jenkie. "Good morning gentleman. Hope there is some food left for me," she says taking a set and loading a plate of food. Once she had couple bits she asked, "Where is Jenkie? Sorrin mentioned he was wounded by Lacedons. Can't let wound like that go for too long."


Sort of perplexed the cleric open the door and waves the fiddler inside. By the time Astri steps inside her items are hanging in a small curtained dressing room. "Your items are in there," she points, "do try them on."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is startled as the positive energy flows through her and the crowd, her brows furrowing. ...Did I do that? She notices the energy has a mist-like quality to it.. Wait. I've seen this before. The suspected cleric of Quell makes her appearance, and the bard smiles. "Thank you, Chell. Perhaps one day my music can mend the flesh as well as the spirit. Until then, you're welcome to keep that domain." The bard bids her farewell, following the perplexed clerk inside.

Gasping in delight as she sees the outfits she orders, Astrianna rushes to the dressing room. "Oh I shall! They must fit perfectly after all..." Astrianna tries on the two outfits, suggesting any modifications they may need, but is overall incredibly pleased with the outcome.

So one super stylish noble's outfit that is worth 175gp with jewelry and signet ring, and another more functional performer's outfit worth 200gp with jewerly, but it's green and gold instead of pink.

She tries on the red and black outfit last, intending to leave in it.


A few more cleric and tailors/dressmakers arrive over the next 15 minutes or so, and soon you have a couple more people to fuss over you Astri. The outfits need minimal, if any, alterations and they all look fabulous.


Evil GM

The Captain stands when Chell arrives at the table, "good to see you again...yes, Sorrin was mentioning having Jenkie looked at and any help you can offer is welcomed." he sips some coffee his eyes catch the bartender pouring a few warm rum drinks but he resists the urge. "So what type of work do you need me for?" He nods when Roland Lawrence's name is mentioned?

4,201 to 4,250 of 14,076 << first < prev | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.