Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


4,401 to 4,450 of 14,076 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Sorrin as you finish up with the Captain and Jenkie you actually see Major Roland Lawrence speaking with a pretty young lady on the street. They appear to be arguing as a patrol of dragoons stand across the street heckling them. You can hear snippets of the insults being hurdled, 'enjoyed 'er...well."

'6 coppers...3 too many."

"Where's yer honor now!"

One of the dragoons leading the rants has bandaged arm and is has gorgeous warhammer in his hand that he keeps flipping and catching.

"We won't be so gently next time."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin casually approaches Lawrence, his stride neither lazy nor hurried. To the 'goons, the foreigner was common, but no slouch. Muscled (muleback cords), and carrying spare weapons.

Sorrin speaks softly, but not secretively. Roland, don't let them get to you... Whatever they say. It's just word, hot air until they make you react. Then, technically they have the right of it. You know the drill.

You are not alone, Roland. Now... Why is this beautiful young lady, your daughter perhaps?


Evil GM

The two are startled by Sorrin's sudden appearance, she smiles naturally at the newcomer. Then Roland stammers, "N...n..no, she's my sister, Carna." He eyes shift to her.

From across the street the dragoon leader states, "Get yerself clean up we're visiting after our shift." They seem laugh.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin smiles back, speaking calmly. No reason to be startled. Carna, my name is Sorrin. Roland is helping me out with a few things. I am going to speak plainly now, please both of you take no offense.

You are in need of work, you need money... This is an easy route, but there are other options. I have two questions, Carna. And I need truthful answers. Is this something you "like" doing? And do you do it on your own or do you work for someone?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oh look it's the man in question....

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Astrianna waits patiently for the men to fetch the tulita prisoner. She is eager to test her theory, but she forces herself to show no signs of impatience. She has made enough mistakes today and will risk no more due to her lack of sleep.


My post was eatened. Grrr

DM:

bluff, glib: 1d20 + 21 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 21 + 20 = 51
bluff,glib: 1d20 + 18 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 20 = 41

The Commandant waits for the response to his question.

"Sir, that tulitan was released yesterday...once he calmed down." the blood smocked man replies earnestly.

The Commandant holds up his palms, "Oh dear, I wish I could have been more helpful but my inquisitor ensures me that the man was released." He picks up his glass and takes a sip. "I do need to be going is there any other business today?"

This conversation is absolutely convincing.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oh Chell asked when the next full moon is. Did Astri's knowledge: nature check reveal anything useful to her?

Astrianna sighs in disappointment, and gives her head a shake. Damn it. I'm surprised they released him... attacking a Dragoon in broad daylight... "Unfortunate. I will see if I can track the man down later. Harok's daughter, Jessica, is in the care of the Quell Chapterhouse should Harok be deemed innocent by your inquisitor."

The bard gives the Commandant and Commander a curtsy each. "That concludes my business. Thank you for giving us your audience. Adieu, Commadant. Adieu, Commander." She folds her arms over her chest and waits to see if the others have anything else they would like to add.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Aww. My dramatic moment is gone. I asked how close the full moon was because it was relevant to conversation. Also should have prepared Zone of Truthtelling. Would not have doubted the Dragoons though. THey seem honorable. For now. Also, Glibness is so broken.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Oh drat, we are being dismissed already with even being introduced to the other fellows in the tent? Looks like I will have to do some digging later to find out who the half-orc is...

"Yes, thank you for hearing us out sir. We will be staying at the Green Dragon Inn if you have any further need for any testimony. Good day sirs."

Bri will make a little curtsey too and then will leave with the group.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel saw no reason to speak further.
The less these men knew about him, the better.

He allows the women begin to lead the way out, then he follows, seemingly the obedient bodyguard.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I guess I'll find out when the full moon is later.

When the others are done Chell steps forward. "Commandant Bonedeuce," she says with a small bow. "My name is Chell Silves. I am a priestess of Quell and have recently been transferred here to help look into the disappearances of the followers of Quell in the area. Father Zalen told me what he could but he has been far to busy with the extra load of work with so many gone. I was wondering what you and your when were doing to help and what you may have found out about the disappearances. Anything you could offer would be of great help," she says smiling pleasantly at the end.


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:
Aww. My dramatic moment is gone. I asked how close the full moon was because it was relevant to conversation. Also should have prepared Zone of Truthtelling. Would not have doubted the Dragoons though. THey seem honorable. For now. Also, Glibness is so broken.

There's quite a bit broken in the system. At least glibness has some limitation if it could be used with feinting in combat it would be game breaker everything including rogues would could be flat-footed.

As far as full-moon you would know the moon cycle and I've made some references to moon phase in some of my nighttime posting.

Let me search for the what I've stated last on the moon phase.


Evil GM

Moon phases post from last night

This post mentions what phase the moon was in when you all went to thumb's Reach. Third Quarter Moon[/url]

Are you going to bring up buying or trying to lease the ship?


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:

Oh drat, we are being dismissed already with even being introduced to the other fellows in the tent? Looks like I will have to do some digging later to find out who the half-orc is...

"Yes, thank you for hearing us out sir. We will be staying at the Green Dragon Inn if you have any further need for any testimony. Good day sirs."

Bri will make a little curtsey too and then will leave with the group.

The gentlemen each thank you. "It was our pleasure."


Chell Silves wrote:

I guess I'll find out when the full moon is later.

When the others are done Chell steps forward. "Commandant Bonedeuce," she says with a small bow. "My name is Chell Silves. I am a priestess of Quell and have recently been transferred here to help look into the disappearances of the followers of Quell in the area. Father Zalen told me what he could but he has been far to busy with the extra load of work with so many gone. I was wondering what you and your when were doing to help and what you may have found out about the disappearances. Anything you could offer would be of great help," she says smiling pleasantly at the end.

As the officers thank Bri, who then begins to back away the young priestess steps forward with her announcement. The gentlemen stop and listen. Her tone about what the dragoons were doing to help is quite pointed in nature. The Commandant nods politely, "Welcome priestess, as I've told Father Zalen, finding out what happened to Father Archibald is important to us. we are sorely taxed with resources to locate other missing followers outside of Port Shaw but the problems has been brought to our attention." He glances over at Father Zalen. "As you know, the illegal drug trade needs to be stamped out...my inquisitor has recently found out about a drop that is suppose to happen tonight. We further found out that my have stumbled upon the source of these drugs during with his work with the community. As you know the father was active in helping folks raise above their addictions." He lets the information sink in.

I assume this has everyone's attention and you all would have stopped to listen. "Unfortunately, one of our most prized ships and crew, lead by Lt Commander Trey Perrin must depart Port today, so we are a bit shorthanded to track down this 'new' lead, is that something you can offer?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I think there's plenty to do on land at the moment, and Sorrin rented out Shakes' services so we have small scale water transport if needed. Other than wanting to go after Falken's haul or go exploring the coast we haven't much need of a ship at the moment.

Astrianna perks up at the mention of the drug drop. She had been intent on investigating the matter herself and bringing back a few heads/crates of brainfog to impress the Commandant, but she will not turn information down.

The half-elf nods her head to Bonedeuce. "We had heard similar rumors and were planning on investigating the matter ourselves. This new "brainfog" sounds much more addictive and dangerous than the dragonsmoke..."

She sighs and gestures outside to the crucifixes. "Unfortunately, the pushers whose tongues I was going to make wag were stupider than I thought, and now hang in your courtyard. We are receptive to any information you can provide and ensure you we will deal with the problem... thoroughly...."

The bosses, pushers, and cooks are likely well equipped and have plenty of coin to spare. They won't be needing it when we're done with them. Payment enough for our services.

"Where is the drop taking place? Do you know of any contacts we could use to infiltrate the ranks of the trade? You also mentioned your inquisitor identified the source. If you are willing to share this information we can investigate further."


Evil GM

Before I respond to Astri, I'm going to see if anyone else has anything to add.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Sorrin smiles back, speaking calmly. No reason to be startled. Carna, my name is Sorrin. Roland is helping me out with a few things. I am going to speak plainly now, please both of you take no offense.

You are in need of work, you need money... This is an easy route, but there are other options. I have two questions, Carna. And I need truthful answers. Is this something you "like" doing? And do you do it on your own or do you work for someone?

Roland becomes furious with the question poised to his sister, 'OF COURSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE TO DO THIS...IT'S BECAUSE I LOST MY POSITION AND COULDN'T HELP HER OUT!"

Across the way the dragoons continue to taunt.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"I can certainly understand Commandant. I just wanted to make sure you understood the importance of this, especially with were-creatures threatening the city. With Archibald Noeliss and Dalang Jalamar missing your defenses have taken quite the hit. They were the only ones powerful enough to cure the disease. No offense," she says to Father Zalen. "Thankfully we still have a while till the full moon. If they are going to act it will most likely be then. During the full moon, for those newly infected, the change is unconscious. They don't even remember what happened because the predator takes over completely. Just one moon-crazed were-creature can throw a whole town in disarray. If they are organizing something then I can't even imagine how bad it will be. Give me two hours though and I can give you a scroll for detecting the disease. Just about any cleric can use it and it should last 50 min. You should be able to get most of the town in one sweep and certainly your entire force just in case." Friendly warning rendered, Chell is now ready to leave too.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Sorrin smiles back, speaking calmly. No reason to be startled. Carna, my name is Sorrin. Roland is helping me out with a few things. I am going to speak plainly now, please both of you take no offense.

You are in need of work, you need money... This is an easy route, but there are other options. I have two questions, Carna. And I need truthful answers. Is this something you "like" doing? And do you do it on your own or do you work for someone?

@ Sorrin

She shrugs at the question and her brother's yelling. "Ain't bad work but if I don't make my coin, I'm gonna get a beating." This answer indicates she does have someone she works for. "Garreg Meldenbourne out of Barett's Barnacle...runs a bit of this trade in town among other thing."


Chell Silves wrote:
"I can certainly understand Commandant. I just wanted to make sure you understood the importance of this, especially with were-creatures threatening the city. With Archibald Noeliss and Dalang Jalamar missing your defenses have taken quite the hit. They were the only ones powerful enough to cure the disease. No offense," she says to Father Zalen. "Thankfully we still have a while till the full moon. If they are going to act it will most likely be then. During the full moon, for those newly infected, the change is unconscious. They don't even remember what happened because the predator takes over completely. Just one moon-crazed were-creature can throw a whole town in disarray. If they are organizing something then I can't even imagine how bad it will be. Give me two hours though and I can give you a scroll for detecting the disease. Just about any cleric can use it and it should last 50 min. You should be able to get most of the town in one sweep and certainly your entire force just in case." Friendly warning rendered, Chell is now ready to leave too.

"Of course, if you can provide us that resource we would be happy to take it."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

If we have the time she will do that. It will cost 250 for the scroll and take 2 hours. She is willing to to pay for it but wouldn't mind some financial aid.


To Astri the Cammandant replies, "Well, it seems like you've been busy since arriving at Port Shaw. How fortunate for us." His finger on his upper lip. "My inquisitor was able to get a descriptions of recent purchasers, and some we have the name of the the two top suppliers, a human named Garreg Meldenbourne within the city. Then there is a nasty gnoll by the name of Bonegnaw."

"Reliable information has revealed a shipment is coming in at the Crook Back Pier by barge. It would be nice to break that up and find Bonegnaw's hideout."

His eyes twinkle, "Get to the bottom of this and you can be my guest for dinner at the Kraken's Gullet."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Hmmm...I don't really want to be seen working for the Dragoons to take down the drug trade, but if the Dragonsmoke traffikers are responsible for a priest of Quell's disappearance, then it would be a good thing to bring them to justice. I'm sure Father Zalen would appreciate knowing for sure what happened.

Bri will turn back around as Astri speaks to the men. "We are sailors recently off the ship. I'm sure that is just the kind of clientele these drug pushers like. It's likely we could manage to find out some information for you."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard smiles at Gregory. "I have a tendency to pick up information."

She walks over to Adriel and reaches into her haversack that the elf is carrying, pulling out her journal. She begins to make notes and take names as the Commandant speaks.Astrianna looks up from her writing as he mentions dinner at the Kraken's Gullet, a coquettish look on her face. "How generous of you, Commandant. Rest assured you will be most pleased with our results."

Oh this is more than enough payment. Getting into the Kraken's Gullet with the Commandant? Entry into the high society of Port Shaw is assured now.

She asks one further question. "Do you want any from this supply ring brought in alive to face trial, serve as an example, or whatnot? They will probably fight to the death, but as evidenced by Grymmer we can manage a prisoner or two, if needed."


Evil GM

Everyone but Astri make a perception check.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Evil GM

perceptions 15 and over:

You see the spellcaster commander Chambers and the inquisitor watch Astri closely as she reaches for her journal and takes her notes.


The inquisitor smiles at the thought of prisoner brought back alive. The Commandant, "Yes, alive works well." He scribbles a quick note on parchment and stamps it with wax and his ring. "Should a dragoon patrol come across you this evening, this writ should assist you." He slides it across the table. "You wouldn't want to be caught with dragonsmoke or any other drug."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

They seem jumpy for some reason.


"Sargent Lorag is the goaler and Salem Vin is my inquisitor any prisoners can be turned over to them or Commander Chambers." He takes a deep breath, "Good day." He turns and walks off to his right.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna happily takes the writ giving it a quick read before tucking it into her coat pocket. "Much appreciated, Commandant." My favorite kind of jobs are the illicit, authority-sanctioned ones...

She gives a quick nod of affirmation at the prisoner drop off information, standing still a moment longer to write down some more notes. "We will attempt to apprehend Garreg Meldenbourne, Bonejaw, or any other person we deem important, if possible."

The bard waits for her ink to dry, bowing her head slightly to Gregory as he exits. "Good day, Commandant."

She leaves the tent with the others when they are ready.


Evil GM

You're going to break the wax seal and read the writ?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

If that is indeed what Astri is about to do, Bri will try to give her a discreet elbow and a subtle shake of her head if Astri glances at her.

Bluff to conceal her elbow and shake?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin remains calm through Roland's bellowing. He understood all too well how the man felt.

Dearest Carna, you never have to do this again... and there will be no beatings. Agree to this and consider this chapter in the past. Stay with Roland for a few days.


Evil GM

That is why I asked out out of character.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Thrasher perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Adriel catches Astri's movement to attempt to break the seal and a moment of panic ensures. A mental plea and an image of the writ is imparted to Thrasher and the little dino jumps from his shoulder and swoops to Astri's hand to snatch the document from it and returns to drop the document into his masters.

I'll keep hold of it with your other belongings, Lady. Rest assured there is no safer courier than I.

He places the writ in a side pocket.
Astri, may not have caught the wax sealing reference Baldwin made, so I'll just post this before she gets us all arrested....


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Roland, you need not dirty your hands. I'll look into things and settle matters. Perhaps my associates will care to help, or not. No matter.

You have my word.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

No not opening the writ if it's sealed. I thought he was just putting a signet stamp on it, not sealing it as well. Lol no need to panic Astri wouldn't open a sealed letter in the middle of public.

She would read it later and replace the seal. What kind of roll would that take to replace the wax seal Baldwin? Would I need a another signet ring or can the wax be warmed form the bottom with prestidigitation and put back on the letter?


Evil GM

It would be a linguistics roll since you are essentially creating a forgery or altercation to the seal.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Okay, that's what I figured. Thanks!

Now that unintentional disaster has been averted I think we're ready to go?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin gives Roland and his sister a moment to calm down. It's a stressful situation.

Carna, does this Garreg fellow have any notable associates? People I should watch out for, muscle? Who is his right hand?

Does he manage any other activities, money-lending, extortion or the like?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Yep, all ready to go and do some investigative type work. We should go back to the inn first to discuss our plans and maybe do a clothing change.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Agreed. Astri is going to take a nap as well.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Probably a good idea. Our work is best done after dark anyway. Plan first then some of us can go shopping if needed while you sleep. Not sure what we will need or what our plans will be.

As we leave the fort: "Thank you for your help with arranging that meeting Father. We should probably head back to our rooms at the Inn now though and start making our plans for tonight. We will be sure to let you know if we find out anything about the missing priest."


Evil GM

The main group leaves and heads back to the Green dragon Inn without incident to discuss their plans.

As far as the information Carna provides to Sorrin she clams up and refuses to speak anymore. "ain't gonna get a worse beatin'


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna drops her noble facade when they're outside of the fort, slouching a bit and resuming her typical Asmodeus-may-care attitude. She comments on the way back to the inn- "So stuffy in there... However, that was a highly educational experience. I was only expecting to drop off Grymmer, but we gained much more information..."

When they return to the inn Astrianna seems exhausted, and she yawns loudly as if to punctuate the fact. "I need some sleep if we're going to up all night again. Come up to my room- we'll make plans."

The bard locks the door behind them, and begins to undress from her expensive clothes while talking. She doesn't seem to care other people are in the room. "I had been planning on infiltrating the drug ring and having us pose as guards for the shipment, then jump them when the time is right. We may not have enough time to set up such a ruse and might have to go in blades drawn- play by ear, as it were. While I get some rest the three of you could probably gather information and come up with a better plan? Hells if we know where Sorrin is but I assume he'll lead a calvary charge mounted atop the pole stuck up his ass when he hears we're busting up the druggers."

The half-elf looks at Chell and clicks her tongue in thought, before tossing the cleric a beat-up looking wide-brimmed hat. "You don't look nearly dangerous enough, Chell. If you need a disguise, use my hat- it's magical. Simply touch it and imagine what you want to look like while you wear it. Do not lose it, or you owe me a 100 platinum." She stresses the last part, seeming quite serious about incurring a debt.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"I don't understand why you all give Sorrin a hard time. I thought you were friends or at least comrades. He is only doing what he thinks is right. You are doing the same thing, its just your ideas of what is right happen to differ slightly."

Chell turns the hat over in her hands. She could recognize a Hat of Disguise when she saw one. "You know, looking weak can be just as handy as looking intimidating," she says putting on the hat and imagining her grandmother. She was also a priestess of Quell and was the one who taught her about the god. Chell's form instantly turned into that of a wizened and wrinkled older women. She looked too weak to even stand up but in here hand she conjured a mini storm cloud, thoroughly destroying the image of a weak, old women. Her grandmother may be old now but that only made her stronger in faith and as a caster. She could easily give Archibald a run for his money.

"But if you want dangerous," she says taking the hat off and putting it back on. Her image flickers back to her real form before transforming into something entirely different, that of her cousin. While most of the women in her family took up cooking, cleaning, or running the rigging, her cousin became a fighter. She was a tall, broad and imposing woman with a wild look to her eye and multiple scars from repelling pirates. Chell couldn't mimic the hard stare her cousin could give but growing several inches and few pounds of muscle made up for that.

"Better?" she asks in her new form.

"I doubt I could help much with the planning but I could write up a scroll or two that you might find helpful."

That is if I have time. First she will make a scroll of Detect Disease as she promised for the Commandant. That takes 2 hours. If there is time after that I can make more but each will take 2 hours and after the 250 for the first one I won't have much money left for more. I will send the first one to the Commandant by courier.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs, changing into a blouse and loose-fitting pantaloons. "Sorrin is fine, and good in a fight. I give him a hard time because he's stuck-up and lectures everyone about how they aren't living correctly, according to his ideals. If he was truly a problem I wouldn't talk to him."

The bard flops onto her bed with the grace of a legless hippogriff coming in for a landing. She observes the priest's disguise performance and nods her head. "Looking weak is only useful when you want information or you're trying to go unnoticed. These people respect power, and force of arms. I like your sister better." She comments, yawning and laying her head down on a pillow. The half-elf is still listening but preparing to take a rest.

4,401 to 4,450 of 14,076 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.