Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


2,351 to 2,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I used to partake in such things quite a bit, until my master taught me, quite painfully I might add, that such indulgences made one slow with a blade. Now merely drink in moderation and pleasurable company are my two vices. Ones which have not been partaken to their fullest on that whole voyage. Rum tastes like p!$$ if you'll excuse me. Tonight, I'll find SOMEWHERE in this city that sells a decent Elven.

The elf is so casual in his remarks that one could wonder if by 'decent elven' he means drink or whores or perhaps both? Despite his overwhelming confidence, Adriel typified Elvish caprisciousness. He was almost bipolar the way he would alternate between whim and seriousness (when working) and flit between professing love to offers of casual trysts.
Could such a man ever be truly in love, truly faithful?


Male Dino Familiar AC22/15/19, HP22/22, F4/R7/W8, Evasion, Sudden Swoop, Spd 10/Fly 40ft, Bite +6 (1d3-2), CMB+4, CMD+12, Perception+10/Alertness+12

The little familiar spots a small mouse scurrying along a building and whispers to his master,: Food

The elf chitters quietly, Go, friend. Eat

The small raptor leaps from his masters shoulder and with two flaps to gain altitude, dive bombs the rodent. His method of killing is fast and brutal, snatching the mouse in a toothed beak to grasp his prey and then smashing his beak up and down on the ground to pummel it to death.

The deed done, he rips the dinner in half and downs it in two swallows. Adriel has to pause momentarily while Thrasher eats (to make sure no one harrasses his familiar), and after a few seconds, the little pterosaur is once again on his masters shoulder guard, his tail loosely draped across his back.


Evil GM

As you all walk you notice racially human's vastly outnumber others but they seem to come in two types, colonialist and Tulitas. the tanned and often tattooed skin of the Tulitas makes them easy to pick out that and the fact they are often verbally and physically berated. Scattered amongst the crowd you see an occasional elf and to lesser amounts halflings, half-elf, gnomes, dwarves, and even a rare half-orc. Overall, your own racial features seem to blend into the background.


Evil GM

As you continue your walk north you can see several artsy type merchants walking down a wider bricked road and there is sign with an arrow: Silk District" The arrow points west. It doesn't take long for you to figure out that the [i]Silk District[i] is home to Port Shaw’s artisans and artists, where many of the town’s tailors, coopers, dressmakers, apothecaries, and other artisans ply their trades and keep their quarters.

Quite a few seaman enter and leave a squat looking building near the intersection of the road dividing the Silk and Tide districts. Located on the thoroughfare is the Chapterhouse of Quell which once served as the heart and soul of Port Shaw. People citywide made the journey each day to worship at Quell’s altar. Fisher folk prayed for the bounty of the sea, captains for a peaceful voyage and simple folk for Quell to keep the great waves and monsoons from their shores. The building looks in need of repair and there is young lady greeting people coming and going.

From this point you can see that the road that you are on continues north and you can get a peek at the outskirts of town, where life is hard, and most people live.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Well, the amazing wonders of this place seem rather....limited thus far. I can see why the first mate never said anything about people coming for the big city life.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is pleased she doesn't need to go out of her way to create a disguise to blend in with the crowd in Shaw, and can instead be herself. After dark may be another matter...

Her eyes turn to the sign marking the Silk District, and she is visibly intrigued by the artisan shops and artists that line the streets. "We simply must pass through the silk district on our way back, at least for some window shopping."

The bard grins at Adriel. "You must be incredibly jaded if witnessing a convict escaping the noose and a hustler with a rat the size of a pony doesn't excite you at least a little bit."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius notes the improved living conditions of the Silk District.

Well, that's an improvement.

"Of course, dove. Of course. But let's wait and see what else this 'city' has to offer before we casually throw away all our coin. We may yet find a finer district than this."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Aquan, in response to Dirk:
"Well not everything our companions are going to do will meet with our standards of approval- nor, I am sure, will everything we do meet with theirs. I think we will all just have to try and be honest about our level of comfort with each other."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Welp, let's hurry up and finish up our errand so we will have the leisure to explore the markets and taverns a bit."

Bri looks back to Sath and Dirk for a moment and grins.

Aquan:
"Just remember I speak this too if you ever want to have a private discussion about me."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna listens in on the conversation in Aquan, but continues to show no sign she understands.

Hawkins still seems paranoid. Hopefully some drinks will loosen him up tonight. Indeed, Bri... you never know who is listening.

Astrianna smiles at Darius. "Ah, but living amongst artists and craftspeople is so romantic and exciting! You should take me shopping later Darius, I have been dying to get a proper dress to perform in, instead of relying on illusions."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

He hooks an arm around her waist and says with a smile, "Do you promise to try them on for me?"


"Do you seek Quell's blessing sailors or to provide thanks for a safe voyage?" The young lady inquires.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna puts her arm around Darius' abdomen, grinning. "Oh, naturally. I know exactly what I want, however, so I will probably just have it made by a tailor, or if I have time make it myself."

The bard regards the young lady curiously, thinking on Quell for a moment.

Time to make use of my new ability, Lore master.

Take 10 Knowledge: Religion 10+8 = 18 for what she knows about Quell. If she knows anything, Quell may be a local deity.


Evil GM

Astri Knowledge: Quell:

You know certain areas, and cultures, worship different deities. This Quell is a god of ancient Hyperborea that has found his way into the pantheon of every culture to occupy Akados since the days of that great empire in a distant land. He represents the dangers of a life upon the sea and those who brave them either to earn a living or for the sake of adventure. Most major ports have a Chapterhouse of Quell where a sea priest conducts blessings upon the fleets and provides guidance of coming weather patterns. As a god of hearth and home for seafarers, the Chapterhouses of Quell also do charitable work for the poor and destitute of their home cities seeking to ease suffering, feed the poor, and heal the sick. They only charge those who can afford to pay for their services.

There is spoiler under the campaign tab.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

"Then before you do, I guess I'll have to pick some out for you to try on first," he quips with a chuckle.

At the sight of the church and the begging nature of the apparent priestess of this "god," Darius pauses and looks it over. Perhaps the religion had fallen out of favor here, or has just been stricken with tragedy. He knew not.

"Tell me, ma'am. What has happened to your church? And who, exactly, is this "Quell? I do not recollect their teachings..."


With bright smile she responds, "Quell is the Sea King. Patron to sailors, travelers, water, and those seeking good weather blessings." You can see she has small kao wood holy symbol of the Sea King seated upon a giant clam shell throne that is hanging from her neck. "You must be from a far off distant land not to know of Quell." she seems interested in the group now.


She lowers her voice and looks around, "Father Zalen Trafalgar only recently reopened services at the Chapterhouse since the disappearance of Archibald Noeliss’ disappearance two months ago." She motions you closer, "plus since the Wave Riders unfortunate fate people are a bit more cautious."


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

"Indeed I am," Darius replies as he reaches into his pack. He kneels down as he rifles through, taking care to let his allies block the view of his rummaging. He eventually comes up with a sizable donation and hands it to the priestess.

"I have much to be thankful for this journey, and if this Sea King had anything to do with it, then I owe him my thanks. Please see that his palace here receives some attention, my dear," he says as he hands her the coins.

Donating 100 gp to her.


Her eyes pop at the donation, 'Please ...please come inside, please meet Father Trafalgar" her tongue almost tied, "the son, not the father of course." Clearly flustered. "I mean the son is a Father, he is Father Zalen Trafalgar, not his father who was Father Solomon Trafalgar." She waves you inside. "Please."


Evil GM

A few people leaving the Chapterhouse and walking near take a casual notice to conversation and group.


Male Narinar Adept 1/UC Knifemaster 2/Fighter 1
Stats:
Hp 36/36| AC 17, touch 14, ff 13 | CMD 16| Saves: Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +3 (+3 vs poison)| Init: +6| Perception: +7

Darius holds his hand up, trying to calm the woman.

"At the moment we cannot. We have a package to deliver. But once that is settled, we might stop by on our return trip."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Ma'am, we would be pleased to meet Father Trafalgar, but first we must continue on our errand. One of our shipmates perished at sea and we must be on our way to inform his wife. Perhaps when we return the Father might offer up a blessing for his soul?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna watches as Darius makes a donation to the church. "Didn't take you as a holy man, Darius." She says in jest, grinning. Gaining the favor of The Sea king, and its followers, is definitely a wise move. I would never turn down divine assistance...

The bard ponders a moment. "Perhaps the good Father could join us, and send ol' Hachet's soul off for the widow at her dwelling?"


"Oh my...you see. I pray that poor Mr. Hatchet had Quell's blessing before his untimely death at sea. Do you know if he offended the gods? I'll pray for his departed soul." She looks at Astri. "Yes, I can ask him if he can assist you. He's finishing a service now for a departing ship's crew."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shrugs. "I believe Hachet only offended his fellow crew's olfactory senses with his copious flatulence, but I do not know if the gods are often offended by such things. He was eaten by a dragon, Olaus the Grey, in fact, when it was not pleased by our tribute. After it snatched Hachet off the deck it returned to the sea. In the end he saved all of us, but not in a way he would have expected, or wanted, I assume."

She patiently waits for Father Trafalgar. While the bard could probably put together some kind of service or eulogy for the fallen seaman, she would much rather have a professional attend to the matter- especially because she wasn't getting paid to do it.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Embrianna wrote:
]Bri looks back to Sath and Dirk for a moment and grins. Speaks in Aquan...

David glances at Embrianna, his expression somewhat surprised.

Response in Aquan:

”No worries, I wasn’t trying to keep secrets from you guys – Hell, as of now I’m not trying to hide anything from any of you.”

”But I was trying to keep secrets from those who may be listening in on our conversation; you know – the locals...”

He looks around.

”For now I am assuming that we may be overheard and listened to – certainly we are being studied. After all; are we an easy target – a potential ally – perhaps a potential threat? Certainly the citizens here would like to know more about who we are.”

”Maybe I am being paranoid – but I guess I’d rather be careful with private information; especially potential secrets that my friends may not want me to share in public, rather than say too much,” he says with a little shrug.

As he walks, he notices his companions are being solicited by a priestess.

Priestess, NPC wrote:
She lowers her voice and looks around, "Father Zalen Trafalgar only recently reopened services at the Chapterhouse since the disappearance of Archibald Noeliss’ disappearance two months ago." She motions you closer, "plus since the Wave Riders unfortunate fate people are a bit more cautious."

David’s eyes widen in surprise.

”Wait, Father Trafalgar?” he says with a wry smile and Alabaster rubs his little paw over his own furry face, as if he too found something amusing about the name.

As talk about religion continues, he glances at his companions.

”Well, as for me I generally favor the goddess Nise – but I’m not too particular, I guess,” he adds.

Realizing that probably no one except for Sath – and possibly Embrianna – is talking to him at this time, he offers Alabaster a snack, then waits until the company can formally move on and get their errands dealt with.

Okay – back to work; I’ll talk to you all later tonight, I hope.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I was also amused by Father Trafalgar :p


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"We should sit down sometime and determine just how many languages we all speak and which we have in common- if for no other reason than to determine which languages I can curse you all out in without you knowing what I'm saying..." Sath says chuckling as they watch Darius speak with the priestess of Quell.


You are led inside the chapterhouse. After 20 minutes a young man emerges he has golden-flecked blue eyes highlight long yellow locks of hair. On him, the aqua and deep blue robes of Quell drape the perfect body of a young hero in the making. His skin is sun-kissed, his teeth flash ivory.

"Good afternoon all, welcome to the Chapterhouse I'm Zalen Trafalgar, it's so nice to meet you and thank you for you generosity. Those funds will immediately benefit those in need of Quell's blessing." He flecked blue eyes sparkle. "Acolyte Ryan expressed the saddens for the loss of brother Hatchet, my Quell rest his body and soul. How did he pass that may assist me with the appropriate eulogy when we visit the widow.." The young girl hands him a small clergy box.

RC lacks a lot of detailed maps, so bare with me for a few days until I can grab some from dunjinni or create a few of my own. But when I creat maps of my own that means less time gaming and posting. So that is a catch-22 situation.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Well, you see, he was snatched off the deck of our ship by a sea dragon and eaten."


His blonde eyebrows raise and he puts a finger over his lips, without missing beat he responds, "So he died honorably serving the ship. Sacrificing himself to save others?" He looks for encouragement form Bri. "That sort of sounds better - especially for the grieving - than how you relayed his death. It's probably best to avoid that detail, don't you think?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"We should sit down sometime and determine just how many languages we all speak and which we have in common- if for no other reason than to determine which languages I can curse you all out in without you knowing what I'm saying..." Sath says chuckling as they watch Darius speak with the priestess of Quell.

A fine idea, for I sure as hells, don't speak whatever that is you've been yammering to each other in. Sounds like speaking with too much spit in your mouth. If we don't have a common one, it would do us well to learn something not many know. I can do some research on a particular language if we need one.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks at the priest carefully. He was not the old fuddy-duddy in dingy robes she was expecting. Something about the man was... regal, charismatic. She recognizes a person with leadership potential when she sees one.

The bard steps forward, smiling brightly, falling into a perfect curtsy in front of Zalen. "Thank you for sparing the time to give Hatchet a proper send-off, Father Tragalgar. His poor widow's heart and his own brave soul will surely be lifted by your words."

She stands up from her curtsey to introduce herself, one hand gently touching her chest. "I am Astrianna, and can offer you whatever information you wish about Hatchet to give him a proper eulogy."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Ah yes, that does sound a lot better. I'm sure you can tell that I am not normally a person chosen to deliver such news. I am very thankful that you are willing to help us out."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Sath Saltblood wrote:
"We should sit down sometime and determine just how many languages we all speak and which we have in common- if for no other reason than to determine which languages I can curse you all out in without you knowing what I'm saying..."

David nods and takes an apple out of his pouch.

Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
A fine idea, for I sure as hells, don't speak whatever that is you've been yammering to each other in. Sounds like speaking with too much spit in your mouth. If we don't have a common one, it would do us well to learn something not many know. I can do some research on a particular language if we need one.

David’s head cocks to the side as he hears Adriel critique the conversation that he and Sath had made earlier.

”Wow!” he says with surprise at Adriel's opinions about how he and Sath, and Embrianna, had spoken to each other.

”You know," he says thoughtfully "I didn’t really notice it before – but you’re kind of a dick,” he says pleasantly as he polishes the apple on his sleeve and pauses to take a bite out of it.

Then he turns back to Sath.

”I’m not too sure what languages the other’s know,” he says as he munches on the apple ” – but… umm… as for me, I speak Common, Elven and Aquan – since you asked; but I may pick up more soon,” he says cheerfully.

He glances at the others during their conversation, thinking a little.

”You know – I get that I’m kind of a fifth wheel here,” he says as he takes another bite of the apple ”but I figure I didn’t sail over leagues of plague filled problems and deal with cursed ship’s and madness to cool my heels now,” he adds.

”There’s some stuff I want to go check out – anyone want to come with?” he says to the group in general as he takes another bite.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
His blonde eyebrows raise and he puts a finger over his lips, without missing beat he responds, "So he died honorably serving the ship. Sacrificing himself to save others?" He looks for encouragement form Bri. "That sort of sounds better - especially for the grieving - than how you relayed his death. It's probably best to avoid that detail, don't you think?"

David glances aft at the priest, taking another bite of the apple.

"You said, it padre," he says, offering a 'thumbs up' as he watches him, his eyes turn back to Sath, and anyone else who seems to be listening.

"So I got a few things that I want to check out - you interested in coming?" he says with a curious voice.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
David "Dirk" Hawkins wrote:

”Wow!” he says with surprise at Adriel's opinions about how he and Sath, and Embrianna, had spoken to each other.

”You know," he says thoughtfully "I didn’t really notice it before – but you’re kind of a dick,” he says pleasantly as he polishes the apple on his sleeve and pauses to take a bite out of it.

I laughed so hard at this.

Astrianna seems strangely quiet on the subject of sharing the languages they know.

She raises an eyebrow at Hawkin's suggestion. "While I'm all for running off on some crazy adventure, we've got a job to do first, Hawkins. The Captain's a good man, paid us excellently, and I feel I owe him this at least, don't you?"


"Well, I intend to go see the Hatchet's widow and did I hear that he had a child?" The priest looks at David. He clearly doesn't understand that you intend to go check other thing out. "So what is the address you're looking for? I'm sure I can help."


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


I laughed so hard at this.

I had a completely different reaction.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard nods to the priest, beginning to exit the run-down establishment. "He had a child, and his saltwife lives on the outskirts. We've got the address and compensation for his... noble sacrifice." She gives the address in full to the priest.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Well, at least I know where to go to find a dick then.


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

I guess I am hilarious to some people ;)

The thing is, I do my best to play my character (no offense to Adriel, though) Still, I'm glad you enjoyed it, Astrianna :)

Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
"While I'm all for running off on some crazy adventure, we've got a job to do first, Hawkins. The Captain's a good man, paid us excellently, and I feel I owe him this at least, don't you?"

He glances at her as he munches on the apple.

"Sure, sure - I got no issue with that," he says amicably.

"But from what I can see so far, you guys don't need me around to finish this deal."

He glances at the others, then shrugs.

"Ah, hell... I'm not pretty enough for this crew, anyhow," he says with a grin.

Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
"Well, I intend to go see the Hatchet's widow and did I hear that he had a child?"

David scratches his chin thoughtfully.

"Well padre, I'm not really sure," he says as he pauses to take another bite of the apple.

"To be honest, I tried keeping tabs on that stuff earlier; but generally people say I talk too much and that my ideas? Meh - not so much... Besides, I'm not really the 'brains' of this outfit... I'm more like the 'muscle'," he says with a grin.

The priest pauses a moment, as if in thought - but then continues to speak, undeterred by David's candor.

Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
"So what is the address you're looking for? I'm sure I can help."

He glances at the others, confident that they have this well in hand.


"Well if you want are going wandering the Silk district is right up that road right there." He points to the the intersection. "Merchandise to spend your money on. I dare say you've already seen some of the Tide District." He turns his back and says to the the others, "Hatchet's home is in the outskirts we can talk as we walk."


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge
Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
"Well if you want are going wondering the Silk district is right up that road right there." He points to the the intersection. "Merchandise to spend your money on. I dare say you've already seen some of the Tide District."

He glances at the priest.

"Thanks for the tidbit about the Silk District, padre."

Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
"Hatchet's home is in the outskirts we can talk as we walk."

He watches as the priest leads the others off and laughs out loud.

"Your call Sath, you want to go with the priest or do something else?" he says, curious to know what the half-elf will do.

He turns his glance to Astrianna.

"And what about you, hot stuff?" he says with a grin as he tosses the core of the apple away.

"I'm not worth much of a damn so far, but if you want me to come along or piss off - just give me the heads up now and I'm game either way," he adds with a friendly grin.


The cleric walks and chats, "So my assistant mentioned you never heard of Quell? That is fascinating. Quell's gospel has widely known around the globe. Now, where is it you are from?"

He shakes his head, "So Hatchet really was eaten by a sea dragon? I've heard stories but never seen one myself." He continues to walk and chat. "So after the somber news is delivered any plans? Are you shipping out soon?"


Male Human Bard: Arch/Ranger: Trap/Free -- Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +5 Ini +4 Per +11, AC: 20 HP: 56: 56 Uncanny Dodge

Seeing that his words seem to have have left Astrianna speechless, he shrugs and tags along.

He watches the mute bard as he walks after them.

Hmm... Was it something I said?

He observes that the priest is asking his companions some direct questions about their plans; their missions; their purpose and a host of other questions.

He rubs his cat and listens in for a little while.

Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
"So after the somber news is delivered any plans? Are you shipping out soon?"

Seeing a chance to broadcast their specific intentions to everyone, he decides on another tact...

"What's that, padre? Shipping out soon? Well, I don't figure any of us know that for a fact... Why, we might be shipping out, and then again, we may be sticking around, too."

"As for our exact plans... Well, I guess that's up to the boss; and he's not as chatty as we are" he says as he decides to follow along.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Oh we just arrived in port mere minutes ago Father. We plan to stay in town at least for a little bit. As much as I love the sea, an occasional break for shipboard life is always welcome. It's nice to see new faces and places, shop about for exotic goods and take a nice, long relaxing soak in a hot tub. There is a severe lack of proper bathing facilities on a ship you know."

"Father, if you don't mind me asking, I bet you know a lot of the local gossip. So what do you think of that Falken fellow that escaped from the Dragoons earlier. Can you believe that we walked out onto the dock just in time to see him escape his chains, punch out a dragoon and run past us as he jumped off of the the dock and swam away. I tell you, it was such a dramatic escape, I was telling Astri she should make a song out of it, but to add in a bit about kissing a lovely maiden before diving in the water. All songs need a romantic touch after all."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Give me a little bit :p

Astrianna's face scrunches in confusion at Dirk, and she walks over to look him in the eye, carefully examining him. She speaks in a hushed tone. "Come on Hawkins. Snap out of it- you're acting weird again. In a play every person has a role. Sometimes you get the lead, and are the center of attention, but also have the most pressure on you. Other times you're an extra, and in truth, the audience won't appreciate you but your fellow performers know what you add. You're part of this trope and I don't want to believe you'll corpse when the limelight shines on you for your solo- and shine it will. Come on. Come with us."

The bard extends her hand and beckons him with two fingers. His drama is worthy of a backstage dressing room, but the man is useful.

Walking with the Father, Astrianna gives an affirmative. "Didn't see the dragon myself, but I've heard enough to know every detail of its appearance. Massive creature, it was, nearly split our hull. As for plans, we're going to meet a shipmate at The Broken Skull, and decide from there."


The priest nods. "Fair enough." He pauses for a moment making sure everyone was together. "There are a few different gods than you may be familiar with. The native Tulita have a rich religious history of gods, ancestral heroes, and divine arbiters. There is Great Pele, Mother of Fire and then there is Lakua Mao, The Red Misery." He scans to the crowd of people. "Watch the little ones, they have quick hands." He warns.

"Tulita shamans mark their most sacred lands with huge, wooden posts elaborately carved with the designs and faces of revered deities. Known as Pounua Carvings these great posts can be interpreted by shamans to tell a story. They connect the spirit of the people to Pele through Maternal Earth and Father Ocean, and document their spiritual lineage and mutual obligations to both gods and ancestors. Others tell of their legendary past, marking sites of historical significance such as ancient battlegrounds or places where ancient leaders received divine epiphanies."


"Oh...the famed Broken Skull got it's name for all the fights there. Sanctioned nightly prizefighting bouts and it has some of the best fiddling in port. Oh, Brunner Hammerfell is the reigning champ he beat the renowned Belok ...unfortunate that was Belok's a good chap. They've room to rent there but if a lady needs a proper bath there are other places."

He turns and smiles. My room comes to mind. "The Run Aground Tavern on pier 22 caters to the locals and some sailors, little cabin of tavern and inn but good people there."

He looks at Astri, "Now you may more comfortable in the Jade District....it's high rent, but the Kraken's Guillet is the creme. Granted you won't get far in the distrct looking like that though...sort of snotty they are. They don't permit smelly armor...ornamental only and there is a dress code." He looks at the men. "You may think you're able to make rules yourself but mark my words you'll spend a half year in the dungeons of Fort Stormshield if you try."

'Those are just a few places off the top of my head."

2,351 to 2,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.