Agents of Shield


Television

301 to 350 of 4,975 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Hama wrote:
Chloe Bennet is just gorgeous. And new, so everyone talks about her.

Yeah. Never seen her before this, but I'll take a six pack of her.

The Exchange

Matthew Morris wrote:
I don't think it's SWORD (who has the rights to Abigale Brand anyway?) I'm wondering if we're seeing the actions of The Intelligencia.

That...would be interesting. And give us The Leader and MODOK who...damn. Ya, I'd be down with that.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I had an amusing thought this morning.

The team finds an 084 that appears to be a pair of strange stones that allow someone to walk through walls and fre energy blasts.

Then...

A decompression/flashback episode about 5 eps later where the team is being debriefed interrogated by a shrink. (Ala PAD's famous X-Factor that gave use Quicksilver's PMS.)

The stinger at the end is a Special Guest appearance by Maria Hill reading the reports. She then looks up and says, "Thank you Dr. Sofen."

(Especially if the rumours about a Carol Danvers movie are true.


RE: tonights episode.

Don't get Coulson mad!


Toasty!

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Am I the only one who got a YoSafBridge vibe from flower dress girl?

Sovereign Court

Matthew Morris wrote:
Am I the only one who got a YoSafBridge vibe from flower dress girl?

Not pretty enough.

What is this centipede organization? My money is on AIM.

I also think that

Spoiler:
"Scorch" survived the blast.

Spoiler:
Also, who could be Skye's parents? Probably nobody from Marvel's cannot, but one can hope.


Was the guy in the end scene a famous villian?

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I don't know. He could be anyone (kind of reminded me of Colin Farrel's Bullseye). I can't find a 616 character named 'The Clairvoyant'.

'Scorch' pulls up a couple entries, an obscure Night Thrasher character is fairly close. There's also a Scorch under an organization called A.R.E.S. MAybe that is the 'centepede' group.

I wonder if they could call Chan Ho Yin a mutant? Stupid legalities.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
wicked cool wrote:
Was the guy in the end scene a famous villian?

No idea, but I will say that I prefer the show to create its own mythology instead of relying on crusty old Marvel stuff that has been hashed, hashed, and rehashed over and over since the 60's.

-Skeld


"Centipede" sounds like Hydra--many parts in motion, cut off one and it keeps going...


And what's with Coulson's remark on having energy to burn? Hmmm...

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ugh. This show is the new Walking Dead for me - I more or less hate it, but watch it anyway. I'm hoping this will fade as the cast grows on me, but currently, I hate Fitz & Simmons more than words can say, am sick of Skye's perfectly quoffed I-used-to-live-in-a-van hair, and could take a 75% reduction in Agent Alpha Male Badass.


I am enjoying this show
but then again I am easily amused

Sovereign Court

I am starting to like it. Things are finally moving, and there are plots forming.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I know he's not a Marvel character, but part of me really wants the mastermind behind Project Centipede to be this guy.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'm digging it, last week's episode wasn't just a fluke we're starting to see more sub-plots which is just grand. I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks for another episode.


Yep I think it is getting better. I'm not sure Scorch is a known marvel character. I recall a Japanese fire generating super hero but not a Chinese one.


The show definitely hasn't disappointed me yet. They still need a bit more character development with some of the characters but give them time and I am sure it will be interesting.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Mike Franke wrote:
Yep I think it is getting better. I'm not sure Scorch is a known marvel character. I recall a Japanese fire generating super hero but not a Chinese one.

Given that he may not have survived, it this an issue?

QXL99 wrote:
"Centipede" sounds like Hydra--many parts in motion, cut off one and it keeps going...

Also, the fact that they got rid of the doctor so quickly. That doesn't seem like A.I.M.'s style.


QXL99 wrote:
And what's with Coulson's remark on having energy to burn? Hmmm...

I wonder if the Cosmic Cube is involved with Coulson some how?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

QXL99 wrote:
QXL99 wrote:
And what's with Coulson's remark on having energy to burn? Hmmm...
I wonder if the Cosmic Cube is involved with Coulson some how?

Or it could just be that is body is younger then it should be.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

I'd think if the cube was involved, Thor would have to know, since he took it with them at the end of Avengers.


Its getting better.... I am starting to like some of the characters (other than AC and May).

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Its getting better.... I am starting to like some of the characters (other than AC and May).

The motivation for Skye was a nice twist. I'm glad to see her get some persona beyond the fanservice in The Asset and this episode.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fan service. I'm a Hermit, not a Monk after all, just watch TV for characterization and acting talents, and I want to see both.)

PErsonally...

Spoiler:
I'm hoping Fitz or Simmons gets killed horribly by Dr. Hall, kind of a moral event horizon moment for Graviton.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Mike Franke wrote:
Yep I think it is getting better. I'm not sure Scorch is a known marvel character. I recall a Japanese fire generating super hero but not a Chinese one.

Maybe you're thinking about Sunfire.

Sovereign Court

Matthew Morris wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:
Its getting better.... I am starting to like some of the characters (other than AC and May).

The motivation for Skye was a nice twist. I'm glad to see her get some persona beyond the fanservice in The Asset and this episode.

(Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fan service. I'm a Hermit, not a Monk after all, just watch TV for characterization and acting talents, and I want to see both.)

PErsonally...

** spoiler omitted **

Oh this sounds excellent.

Shadow Lodge

I was sort of starting to like Skye, but she needs to go. She's way too forced and unbelievable. From being an agent from day one to hey you betrayed us and stuff but welcome back.

Not sure anyone would have bought the little SIM card in the bra story either, or it somehow makes things different.

Kind of curious why her mentor didnt get a job, too? Obviously he saved like a building+ amount of people working cold, made an honest mistake, and everyones kind of a douche to him. But its cool when Skye does it.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Beckett wrote:
Kind of curious why her mentor didnt get a job, too? Obviously he saved like a building+ amount of people working cold, made an honest mistake, and everyones kind of a douche to him. But its cool when Skye does it.

Because.... boobs!

More seriously, I'd like to see him come back to bite the Son of Coul in the aft.


Centipede could be Hydra, but if that's the case they have a stronger affirmative action program than SHIELD does, and have drifted considerably from their Nazi roots.

That said, I hope it is Hydra, and that the guy in prison is supposed to be Arnim Zola. That could be fun.

Shadow Lodge

Matthew Morris wrote:
Beckett wrote:
Kind of curious why her mentor didnt get a job, too? Obviously he saved like a building+ amount of people working cold, made an honest mistake, and everyones kind of a douche to him. But its cool when Skye does it.

Because.... boobs!

More seriously, I'd like to see him come back to bite the Son of Coul in the aft.

Maybe. I don't find her that attractive, personally. Not ugly mind you but not that great. And attractiveness is probably the last attribute I care about. All in all, it's kind of seems like I like every even episode so far and not so much the next.


Well, Skye seems to be under a much heavier probation than before. She was given the funny bracelet too.

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Skye looks like she's been airbrushed in every scene.

Also, when did ugly sweaters replace glasses as the indicator that the hot chick is also smart?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sebastian wrote:

Skye looks like she's been airbrushed in every scene.

Also, when did ugly sweaters replace glasses as the indicator that the hot chick is also smart?

Velma pioneered ugly sweaters for smart ladies...

The Exchange

QXL99 wrote:
Velma pioneered ugly sweaters for smart ladies...

But she could pull them off.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Snicker*--did you intend the double entendre?

Dark Archive Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

TheLoneCleric wrote:
QXL99 wrote:
Velma pioneered ugly sweaters for smart ladies...
But she could pull them off.

And she wore glasses! The glasses were the visual cue that she was smart, not the ugly sweater.

Sovereign Court

Set wrote:


This is 'science' from the guy who brought us Firefly and Dollhouse, after all.

Well, I liked Firefly and Dollhouse but... Whedon isn't the writer or director for anything after the pilot.

At least, AFAIK.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Ok, so a focused episode on FitzSimmons, and they're still not growing on me. I did like the scene of Coulson talking to the fireman.

Aside: the 11/19 episode is supposed to tie into a Thor reference.

Edit: Oh, and Melinda serving the cookies to the scout was funny. Oh and if Melinda Phill start fraternizing, I'm going to be so jealous of Clark GRegg, kissing Ming Na, married to Jennifer GRey, the Son of Coul is awesome. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:

Ok, so a focused episode on FitzSimmons, and they're still not growing on me. I did like the scene of Coulson talking to the fireman.

Aside: the 11/19 episode is supposed to tie into a Thor reference.

Edit: Oh, and Melinda serving the cookies to the scout was funny. Oh and if Melinda Phill start fraternizing, I'm going to be so jealous of Clark GRegg, kissing Ming Na, married to Jennifer GRey, the Son of Coul is awesome. ;-)

Funny. I like their banter and how they're almost just treated as one person most of the time. Lots of character potential there as they start to differentiate them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So close to losing one. Damn! Missed opportunity. What teases.

Sovereign Court

Again with the Coulson thing. Or is it that simple that his brush with death has changed him?


huh...I like this episode. I felt they really gave some backstory for both of those characters, and provided some good character development for most of the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As much as I'm enjoying the show and like its longterm potential and possibilities....I'm afraid if it doesn't stop dropping viewership here soon, it's not destined past this year.


It's about time for the midseason twist to occur...

The Exchange

Prediction: The Life Model Decoys have already taken over. :)

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

My problem is that they are being too cagey with the MARVEL UNIVERSE elements. :(

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Fzzt was a fantastic character-centric episode. I love seeing FitzSimmons differentiate from each other, and seeing a science saves the day moment happen (as opposed to a violence saves the day thing). Legit my favorite episode so far.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Hama wrote:
Again with the Coulson thing. Or is it that simple that his brush with death has changed him?

Perhaps because of an inherent difference between a true human being, and an Life Model Decoy?


I'm going with LMD because of the conversation an episode or two ago about muscle memory. He was wondering why he was having such a hard time with what should be a simple task due to muscle memory. The obvious answer is that those particular muscles have no memory of that activity.

Of course, that opens the question of "Why?" Why make an LMD of Coulson? What is it about him that makes it imperative he continue to work for SHIELD? Does he know something important? Usually agents are expendable.

301 to 350 of 4,975 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Entertainment / Television / Agents of Shield All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.