Three years ago, First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo fulfilled her mandate as head of the Starfinder Society and announced her retirement. Four prominent Starfinders stepped forward to vie for the mantle of First Seeker. Each candidate was based on the character of real-world players, and they were featured in Starfinder Society Scenario #2-07: Four for the First. Starfinder Society players from around the world cast their votes and elected Ehu Hadif Ko’ra Amares of Clan Tolar as our First Seeker.
Much like First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo before him, First Seeker Ehu Hadif has announced his upcoming retirement. With the culmination of the Year of Fortune’s Fall, Ehu will be stepping down as First Seeker, and a new first seeker will take his place for the launch of Season 7 of the Starfinder Society campaign.
This past fall, we released a boon that allowed real-world players to submit their Starfinder Society characters for consideration for First Seeker. Over a hundred experienced Starfinders were submitted, and we’ve been hard at work narrowing these Starfinders down to four.
At GenCon this August we’re releasing Starfinder Society Scenario #6-06: Tomorrow’s Seekers, an adventure for 1st- through 4th-level characters that introduces these four candidates. By playing this scenario, you’ll have a chance to meet, question, and go on a mission for each of these four potential First Seekers! When you’re done, swing by paizo.com/firstseeker and vote for your preferred candidate to help shape the future of the Starfinder Society!
Below are a few important notes about this scenario and the First Seeker Election.
- Since so much of this scenario involves the PCs getting to know specific candidates and the types of missions to expect from them, this scenario eases the restrictions on run time. If you want to play this scenario over an extended time slot or over two sessions to make sure none of the interactions feel rushed, please do so.
- Because we want players to get to know the candidates and understand that may take multiple play-throughs, Tomorrow’s Seekers will be a repeatable scenario.
- Though players may experience the scenario multiple times, only one vote per player counts. The First Seeker election uses ranked ballot voting.
- In late June, our First Seeker Election 2023 landing page goes live! Once it’s live, you can visit paizo.com/firstseeker for more information on how and when to vote, the First Seeker candidates, and other assets, including an in-character information flier on our candidates.
- In July, visit the com blog for a First Seeker Election roundtable! This in-character blog will give you more details on all four of our candidates, including their personalities, interests, and plans for the Starfinder Society.
- Voting begins in early August, alongside the release of Tomorrow’s Seekers at GenCon, and closes October 31st, 2023. You can cast your vote at paizo.com/firstseeker. This gives our community over two months to play Starfinder Society Scenario #6-06: Tomorrow’s Seekers and cast their vote for First Seeker.
- This scenario remains playable (and repeatable) after the voting window closes, players just won’t get the opportunity to vote for the new First Seeker.
- Sometime in late 2023, we’ll reveal the results of the vote, which will help to shape the direction of season seven of the Starfinder Society, releasing in 2024.
And now, it’s my honor to present a short introduction to our four candidates for First Seeker! For more information, check out Starfinder Society Scenario #6-06: Tomorrow’s Seekers later this summer.
Aurora Everbright, artist Nicholas Phillips
(she/her) daring halfling pilot
Aurora Everbright is an ambitious and bold Starfinder. She’s a pilot and professional racer, and she’s quite media savvy. Aurora believes that the Starfinder Society’s achievements and heroics have gone uncelebrated—a situation she intends to remedy. Aurora has pledged to double funding for the long-running Starfinder Chronicles and to collaborate with a variety of entertainment and media partners to produce a selection of new vidcasts, documentaries, vidgames, and other media for public consumption, all centered on the heroic exploits and groundbreaking discoveries of the Starfinder Society.
Heldin Sevaile, artist Nicholas Phillips
Dr. Heldin Sevaile
(he/him) brilliant half-orc scientist
Dr. Heldin Sevaile is an intelligent and altruistic Starfinder. He’s a scientist with degrees in botany and biochemistry, and a doctorate in genetics. Dr. Sevaile plans to lead a scientific expedition to catalog the flora and fauna of the galaxy, and create a library of genetic sequences. It’s his hope that scientists and scholars the galaxy over will mine this dataset for potential new medicines and treatments. He’s promised to make any new pharmaceuticals discovered by the Starfinder Society available to the public on a non-profit basis.
Nykiti Lampadephoros, artist Nicholas Phillips
(she/her) insightful sarcesian diviner
Nykiti Lampadephoros is an insightful and mysterious Starfinder. She’s a powerful spellcaster and diviner. Her prophecies and visions often seem frivolous or nonsensical but always prove useful in the end. Nykiti aims to investigate magical occurrences and anomalies, including Kazmurg’s Absurdity, and research the magical objects left uncatalogued in the Society’s vaults and storage spaces.
Sarmak, artist Nicholas Phillips
(he/him) curious izalguun electrician
Sarmak is a curious and passionate Starfinder. He’s a hunter, engineer, and electrician. He has an intense interest in ancient civilizations that built megastructures or displayed advanced technological capabilities. Sarmak is in the process of organizing an expedition to a city of the First Ones on Aballon. Exploring forgotten sites built by his people, izalguuns, is also a primary interest.
I want to give a hearty and heartfelt thank you to everyone who has and will participate in the First Seeker Election! This is an exciting event that I’m beyond honored to be a part of. I look forward to sharing more information on our candidates soon!
Until then, take care, Starfinders!
Starfinder Society Developer
Thursday, June 15, 2023