Rakshasa

Richter Harding's page

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber. Organized Play Member. 116 posts (259 including aliases). 5 reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 14 Organized Play characters. 7 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 116 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Elemental body focused druid. Used in PFS to great effect
7 levels Nature priest( Ferocity sub domain or glory domain )
1 level Anger Id rager
3 levels Unchained monk

Assuming you want to go all in with damage
start with 19 strength, upgrade at 4,8 and 12
22+6 belt+8 elemental body+6 Rage= 42 strength
16+6 headband = 22 wisdom

Ac : 10+8 monk+4 barkskin+6 wild shape-2 size+4 mage armor= 30Ac
Melee : 5 attacks, with haste and extra ki attack, dragon style, strong jaw, bone spikes, power attack, reckless rage and ferocious strike. +3 furious Aomf and monk robe.

9bab+16str-2size-4Pa+5enh+1WF+2heroism+1haste=+28

+28/+28/+28/+28/+23
6d8+44

And due to rage with elemental body you have a boatload of hit points, not even mentioning the crit and bleed immunity.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I recently traded a replay boon for a skinwalker boon in my lodge, I wanted to make a werecrocodile magus because I thought natural spell combat was attuned to them, but it is attuned to the wereshark lineage instead.

My question though, the book itself notes that the options are available to were-insert, skinwalkers of that lineage and creatures that associate with the former.

The additional resources note only that the options in this book are only available to skinwalker characters : do they mean that all skinwalker non-race options are available to all skinwalker characters?

Or do you follow the exact wording? So the magus arcana can only be used by weresharks, but the witch hexes can be used by all skinwalkers?

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Seeing as the bear is very underrepresented, especially in pfs, will there be more bear related options in second edition?

Will the Tyranny of the dinosaurs and great cats finally end?
Does the grizzly reign of the bears finally begin?

Wil we finally get a Bear equivalent of the warcat?
Are there going to be different bestiary bears aside from the last printed bear with the advanced template stapled to it?(why does a polar bear need 13 charisma?!)

Roar with me brothers and sisters! Bears will not remain silent forever!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

If a character has both the shifter wild shape and the druid wild shape class features, do they stack into one ability or do you get 2 seperate wild shapes?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Wow I derped on my last post, apologies, mornings are not my thing atm.
But the point still stands and to add to it (as if it has not been said before), the dire tiger is 1 cr higher than the dire bear but it has 4 more hitdice AND more strength. What must we do for some koality of life changes? At least give us a bear equivalent of the warcat....

But this has most likely been said more times than I have fingers at this point...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
SheepishEidolon wrote:
I know the opening post isn't serious, but if a GM wants to make a session bear-heavy, there are actually/readily admit that's not specific for bears. Finally, nobody stops you to throw a bear focused shifter NPC at your players. Or a druid (bear shaman). Or a ranger (shapeshifter) with bear form. Or a hunter (probably feral hunter) with bear aspect and bear companion. Or an arcane caster who polymorphs into a bear. Or...

The first post is semi-serious, sure there are enough bear options but I am not saying that there are to little.

What I am saying is that a lot of bear options are either very lazy stat wise(dire polar bear is an advanced dire bear pretty much) or that they are flatout weaker than the Cat related options, even the Shifter is guilty of this.

level 4 major form differences for bear and dire tiger.
Grizzly Bear
Your shape changes to that of a dire bear (Bestiary 31). While in this form, you gain a base speed of 40 feet, low-light vision, scent (30 feet), a bite attack (1d8 damage), and two claw attacks (1d6 damage) with the grab ability
Dire Tiger
Your shape changes to that of a dire tiger (Bestiary 265). While in this form, you gain a base speed of 40 feet, low-light vision, scent (30 feet),a bite attack (2d6 damage), two claw attacks (2d4 damage), the grab ability with both your bite and claw attacks, and pounce

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So now that we got ultimate wilderness and bestiary 5 a while back I would have liked to see some more bear options.

But woe is me, the new bear is literally a dire bear with advanced taped on to it! I look toward ultimate wilderness and we finally get a large bear companion! Wich is still weaker than a big cat in most ways, while cats get another unique specimen.

Not even after eight years do we get a fantastical bear of huge size, meanwhile those kittenhoarding litterboxlovers can prance around the demented offspring of a Tiger and a cantaloupe!

Even the Shifter with all of it's problems has bias towards Cats?!

I sense claws for alarm here, this kind of favoritism is both unbearable and insuffurable!

LET US COME TOGETHER AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM WITH OUR BEAR HANDS!!

Except pandas though, nasty blighters they are.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Hunter's are one of the hybrid classes that have something for this.(not all of them do)

Nature Training (Ex): A hunter counts her total hunter level as both druid levels and ranger levels for the purpose of qualifying for feats, traits, and options that modify or improve an animal companion.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Am I asking a silly question? I just wanna know for sure I'm not doing things wrong.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

There are multiple ways to get wild shape now, far from a good while back when the only way to get it was to play a druid/feral hunter.

My question is : If you get Wild shape from multiple sources, do they stack and you get the benefit from shaping focus once or do they count as two seperate instances that both get the bonus from the feat?

Shaping focus
Your powers of shapeshifting outstrip your dabbling in the druidic faith.

Prerequisites: Wild shape class feature, Knowledge (nature) 5 ranks.

Benefit: If you are a multiclassed druid, your wild shape ability is calculated as though your druid level were four higher, to a maximum level equal to your character level.

Special: This feat has no effect if you are not a multiclassed druid.

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

My god, they are changing, evolving...soon we cannot tell the spammers from the posters.

I think it's time for Exterminatus, or at least ask the Aboleths for another meteor.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Dear Mark,

I recently gained acces to an apparatus of the crab at reduced cost, but how does it work in combat when piloting it?

Do you use the stats as is, does it count as an object for the purposes of energy and ranged attacks?
Or things like a treants double damage vs objects?
Can it make saving throws due to being piloted or does it get it's own saving throws because it's a magic item?
Does it have a strength score for the purpose of breaking doors and the like?
Are enemies considered to have line of effect from you when you are piloting it?
Can it be broken with a strength check?
What is it's size for the purpose of animating it

It's a fun item to use but there are a lot of things that are not clear about it, wich is a shame because driving a tank around is a picture I cannot get out of my head, especially for a tech obsessed alchemist.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

The Homonculist alchemist gains a limited evolution pool to use on their familiar, at lvl 16 this consists of 4 points, wich is enough to take the large evolution. So how does this work exactly? Does the familiar's new natural size become medium or does it become large like the evolution says? And does this mean that if it would use battle form in this case it would become weaker?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So I just got a chronicle that allows me to buy a special version of the Apparatus of the Crab but at cheaper cost, it even has ways to enhance it's armor and weapons.

But what happens when I would use object possession on it? Would it suddenly lose about 130 of it's hitpoints, 7 hardness and would it's pincers suddenly fly off, Or would it be the same but with my BAB added to the attack bonus of it's pincers? Or would it get even more confusing?? Help me out here please...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

These Changes so far are a great addition to the class, sure it does not best the Druid in pure duration and power but it makes up for it in utility.

Being able to distribute wildshape uses for different situations is amazing.

A Druid has to think about using his second wildshape use of the day to scout or fight, the Shifter can scout for one hour as an owl and then switch back to tiger for combat and he will still have about 6 uses left.

If I would have to suggest something it would be to allow the Shifter to have one aspect turned on permanently, much like the Feral Hunter, because let's be honest, they are rather similar and trading in 6th level casting for full BAB and wildshape utility seems fair.

This is because some of these aspects are hard to use at the point that they are needed, like the deinonychus and the wolverine.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Trax, the Azurite sage:

Name: Trax, The Azurite Sage
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Human, Shoanti
Class: Crossblooded Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 7
Description: Trax was part of the Sun clan until his village was raided by Drow looking for slaves, they corrupted his draconic blood with demonic influence through fleshwarp mutations and only his innate arcane gift allowed him to survive. His wife, newborn son and even original name are distant but painful shadows of his past.

Trax is a man of large stature, befitting his draconic heritage are cloudy blue scales and a large armoured underjaw, his fingers and toes are tipped with black claws and he has striking gold eyes.
He mostly wears a polished mithril half-plate with dark blue robes underneath and the symbol of apsu is hammered into the chestguard.

Becoming an expert in Draconic and Planer lore as well as scriptures to first get rid of his demonic mutations, he has since mastered and embraced the advantages they give.

He worships Apsu, the Waybringer due to feeling a kinship and fascination with dragons, wich is what allowed the Diamond sage to bring him into the fold.

With everyone clear of mind before finishing off Aryana Tahari, they all agreed Trax deserved to stand among them and by taking the up the mantle of the Azurite Sage, Trax understood that, like the Waybringer says : 'every day, is a new beginning'.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Turns out it's going to First steps : In Service to lore, on januari third if all goes well, with my newest character to boot.

What a way to start a new year!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Where Mammoths dare not thread

During a certain encounter against several giant creatures, my bloodrager used quickened true strike together with rovagug's fury.

Basically this would be a guarenteed trip against all of them...if I didn't roll a 1, wich I did..

Goodbye rage rounds and goodbye all my happiness.

The Gm played it as a large chunk of the wasteland flipping over, in the opposite direction of the actual combat.....

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Can I give my familiar or a party member half of the kinsight goggles while wearing a Mask of a thousand tomes to get visual confirmation when making knowledges?

Obviously it does not help when attacking but I would like to know if you can wear a monocle under the mask.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Is it just me or is the Hag bloodline on page 27 missing it's 8th level bloodrager power?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Is the id rager allowed to take emotional foci outside of the ones present when the archetype was first printed or is it restricted to that list only?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

While I get what your saying, I am not talking about the dragon shaman druid, the archetype I am referring to is The Draconian druid,
It is one of the, for lack of a better term 'infamous' drake archetypes.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So for my next character I wanna do a multiclass of bloodrager/barbarian, dragon disciple and draconic druid so that the Character acutally has a
'lore curve', having just claws and a bite to start with but being able to stay as a dragon basically 24/7 at the end of his career.

I am aware that having so many things will make the character weaker,but in the end I don't mind, however the Drake Companion bugs me, it is already very middle of the road but multiclassing will make it lag behind extremely.

The Question : Can I get rid of the Drake Companion for a domain or anything else, in any way possible?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Hi Mark,

Adding to my previous post, what of the situation that the familiar
does not get replaced but is upgraded instead, the same creature gaining
a new shape without being able to change back?

If the familiar had an archetype, would it transform into the improved familiar and automatically retrain all it's replaced 'class' features, or would it remain an archetyped non-improved familiar because because it cannot upgrade due to not having the 'class' feature that it requires to be replaced?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I am posting again because of a different viewpoint I just found out.

The Tinkerer improved familiar upgrades the existing familiar, you do not get a new one, however being a mauler it cannot become an improved familiar, so wich class feature wins out?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Vesk Mercenary Armor Storm Soldier

Gear : Ceremonial troop plate : 110 credits
Upgrade 1/3 infrared sensors : darkvision 60 feet : 200 credits

Light Reaction cannon : 250 credits

Extra ammunition : Heavy rounds, 20 cartridges of
6 rounds each : 90 credits
Professional outfit : +1 to profession checks : 5 credits
Hygience Kit : general cleanliness kit : 1 credit

2 mark one serums of healing 100 credits
1 Biotech Gillsheath, underwater breathing 95 credits

Consumer backpack : 5 credits
Engineer toolkit : 20 credits

Total : 871/1000

Armor storm gives me a melee weapon,
I have sight covered with the darkvision upgrade and I can survive underwater or sneak around situations by using water.
And the reaction cannon is a pretty good ranged weapon all things considered.

If he didn't get the mission done he doesn't deserve a place to sleep!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Hi Mark,

Currently running into a bit of a discussion with my lodge about archetyped familiars, I know that improved familiars cannot be some archetypes and that familiars that have the change shape ability need all their forms to be capable of taking the archetype.

But what about class archetypes that gain either the improved familiar feat or use the wording 'as if she gained the improved familiar feat' and do not gain the change shape ability.

As a sidenote, this is meant for pathfinder society

The archetypes in question are :
The Asmodean Advocate Cleric from the Dirty tactics toolbox
The Bonded Investigator from Inner Sea Intrigue
The Demon-sworn Witch from Heroes of the Darklands
The Egorian Academy Infernal Binder Wizard from the Inner Sea primer
The Pact Wizard from the Familiar Folio
The Tinkerer Alchemist from Inner Sea Intrigue

And the familiar archetypes in question are :
Figment, Infiltrator, Mascot, Mauler, Pilferer, Protector
and the Valet.

Are these class archetypes forced to retrain/multiclass if they want to keep a archetyped familiar, are they able to keep the new familiar archetyped or can they choose to not have their familiar upgrade into a improved familiar so that they can keep the playstyle they want to use.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

@Wayne Bradbury
No, the slam option does not give the clockwork familiar a slam attack.

@Mr.Bonkers
The problem I have with this is that, you do not gain the Improved familiar feat, you tinker with your familiar enough have it gain the form of a clockwork familiar, the wording of 'as if he had taken the improved familliar feat' is there to circumvent the cost of gaining a clockwork familiar. If it said, the tinkerer gains improved familiar as a bonus feat, I would have laid down arms and surrendered, but it is this wording that forms the basis for my argument.

And on a more personal note, I am loathe to believe that an archetype would be designed like this, thankfully the case of magical child/chosen one among others have been dealt with in a clear and concise way, but the tinkerer has not yet had that treatment, therefore while I see your argument I cannot agree with it until that time arrives.

And as a side note, apologies for assuming, it was late and I did not read the sentence correctly.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

While I see the viewpoint you are presenting, I do not agree that the familiar loses it's mauler qualification.

All the abilities it gains are in addition to it's normal abilites to function as a standard familiar, because it gains 'deliver infusion' does not mean it loses deliver touch for example.
This allows it to stack with other archetypes of the familiar as no features are replaced.

The clockwork spy is not even available as a familiar normally.

And the change shape faq is not applicable to the tinkerer familiar because it permanently gains the statistics of a clockwork familiar while still keeping it's progression as noted by the clockwork bond ability.

If we follow the line of logic you are suggesting, then the tinkerer familiar would not be able to take ANY archetype or the player would have to spend an extraordinairy amount of resources to use it, wich contradicts the point of the entire archetype : a customizable construct companion.

Considering opinions are differing about this, I will mark this for Faq.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Playing a tinkerer alchemist that just reached level 6, the text indeed claims that it gains the statistics of a clockwork familiar as if getting the feat. The language is the same as the magical child vigilante with just 2 differences.

1. The magical child will not be able to use an improved familiar mauler anymore because of ultimate wilderness having a rule change that states : if a familiar has the ability to change shape, all of those forms must be able to qualify for it's archetype or abilities.

2. The tinkerer familiar does not have a standard progression, yes it gains the stats of a clockwork familar at level 6, but at level 7 it gains the ability to speak with constructs of it's kind, because it being a construct would not be able to speak to animals of it's kind because there are none.

Therefore I stand by the ruling that the tinkerer familiar can use the mauler archetype by trading out the ability to speak to constructs of it's kind.

Now to answser your other questions.

1. No, the hitpoints of a familiar are always equal to half those of the master, mauler's endurance and using temporary hitpoint sources such as false life.

2. No, craft construct is not legal in organized play with 1 exception.
A homonculus familiar may be upgraded with additional hitdice but due to the hitpoint rule this is rather pointless and expensive. The specific upgrades from the alchemy manual are however free to use for homonculi only.

3. Yes, Raw it is perfectly fine, I do not use this rule myself but I cannot stop you from utilizing it yourself.

4. Sad to inform you that about half the upgrades in the initial tinkering list become obsolete once it upgrades to a clockwork familiar, including the slam upgrade.

and lastly.

5. you still get the benefits of alertness and speak with master if you did not trade it away. you do not gain the usual +2 reflex or +3hp a familiar normally grants you.

Apologies for the wall of text, I hope that your questions have been anwsered.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Playing a Tinkerer Alchemist Currently and this section of it's initial ability bothers me.

'A tinkerer’s familiar can take any shape the tinkerer wishes, but its statistics and abilities are identical to a clockwork spy with the normal adjustments and abilities for a familiar applied'

Does this do anything practical or is it just for cosmetic purposes?
Or does it allow for weapon wielding due to bodyshape when it reaches it's improved form so that alchemists can walk around with their own gearsman?

I am leaning towards the cosmetic interpetation but I would like to have confirmation.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Aand I forget to contribute.

Rule technically the tumor familliar abilities would be added to the construct familiar, so in this case the ability to share extracts and the fast healing ability. Even though fluff wise it makes no sense at all.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Well at least the questions I had were answered.

Currently what I am doing right now is using tumor familiar for the share extracts. the fast healing part on a construct is dumb and i'm not using that on principle.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

The first set of rules comes from the pathfinder society organized play faq, pertaining to the described cost in the entries of the homonculus and the clockwork familiar.

under the heading character companions.

Normally I would not ask this question, if the clockwork familliar was not included in it I would not ask this question at all.

And thanks for clarifying the second question.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Currently running into some murky water, I have two questions as the Faq remains inconclusive.

The first question I have is, can I modify my clockwork familliar, the reason I ask is because of the wording in the following.

'When selecting one of these familiars, you may assume that you or an NPC crafts the familiar without paying the cost listed in the creature's entry. You need only pay the price of any augmentations that you add to your construct familiar, such as additional Hit Dice for your homunculus. You cannot upgrade your homunculus to have more Hit Dice than your character level.

Second, since a familliar is sentient, does the construct immunity to mind-affecting effects still apply and if not, can the familliar gain morale bonuses?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

So a while ago I asked for advice on a gnome gun magus, I brainstormed for a couple of days before coming to the conclusion that it wouldnt work.

I made the gnome a bomb alchemist and called it a day but now I found a fun little idea that I wanna ride to the end.

Basically I use the Tinkerer archetype and have the familliar take the mauler archetype so it becomes medium, therefore useable as a mount by the small gnome.

After this I take all the feats a bomber alchemist would take with 2 levels in eldritch guardian fighter so the familliar would also gain all those feats.

Next I use the greater tinkering ability to give the familliar a feat to use for a good weapon as proficiency feats are not combat feats. Probably the light crossbow, I give the familliar two of these to use the two-weapon fighting it gets from the eldritch guardian. Next I take the Spell knowledge discovery and quicken spell with as much metamagic level reduction as I can to hopefully bring it down to a level where I can cast it.

So now We have a gnome with perfect flight that alpha strikes with 5 bombs, 4-5 magic missles and 5 crossbow shots from the familliar. Reloading is not an issue due to the shadowshooting property from Blood of Shadows.

My apologies for the wall of text but it's a rough idea to fit the character and it's very late.

The gist of this is, Can this absolute madness be achieved?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Preaching to the Choir here but, yea butchering axe not an orc weapon....
at least we have the warbow, guess its time to play half-orc archers.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Isabelle Lee wrote:
Richter Harding wrote:
Theres some massive hilarious orc weapons in here, but only one of them is actually called an orc weapon, paizo really wants me to play a half-orc archer instead of a barbarian.
I think you've got the wrong Armory, friend. ^_^

AAAAAAAAAAAAH, I thought every new thing nowadays had exactly the same name as the original!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Theres some massive hilarious orc weapons in here, but only one of them is actually called an orc weapon, paizo really wants me to play a half-orc archer instead of a barbarian.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

P.117 enthrope, weremantis

The hybrid form of this creature utilizes her claws alongside her flurry of blows, natural weapons cannot be used alongside a flurry.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I am not really aware where I need to put this but
the hybrid weremantis on page on page 117 appears to have a full attack routine of flurry of blows and claws as well.

I thought monks could not use natural weapons alongside their flurry of blows?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

I tried purchasing the bestiary 6 pdf four times over the course of last
night and this morning.

I double-checked everything, and I am sure I spelled everything correctly, none of the information changed, and it works fine on other services.

I really don't know what to do.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

While that Scenario was absolutely hilarious, the incredible amount of buff time needed doesn't work in your favor.

As for the advice.
1, you need to decide if the utility of schools is outweighed by having more power through spellslots of your favored school.
2, if you want proficiency with a weapon, try the swordbinder archetype from arcane anthology or the aformentioned blade adept arcanist, try and stay in one class for more spells.
3, I would not invest in armor as the later you get in levels, the more precious your swift action gets, as you can throw out things like a quickened heroism/shield to get buffed faster.
4, A traditional Gish can still be rather effective, the contending point with the magus is that the magus can access spells and melee at the same time from the start, while the gish is limited to one at a time until later levels, though the traditional gish has higher level spell access.

Hope this helps!

Edit : After some more research, a build that seems appealing would be : blade adept 5 or swordbinder wizard 5/fighter 1/eldritch knight 5.
an arcanist gish will be stuck at 4th level spells with more slots, while the wizard can get 5th level with less slots.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

If I were playing a character with two levels in feysword and a total of 11 hit dice with primal ancestry active, would activating feyskinned give that character dr 15/cold iron for the remaining time that primal ancestry would be active?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Quentin Coldwater wrote:


As a GM for him, I can explain. In the examples given here, I believe I GMed the second instance. Echolocation really isn't the problem, as other people have said before. It's a basic survival trick. It didn't break the encounter. By this level, people are expected to deal with it.
What some people at my lodge (including myself sometimes) are annoyed with is the fact that this guy trivialises entire combats. Okay, some people at our lodge don't build optimal characters, but I have seen people stop doing things in combat because OP deals more than double their damage and they feel useless in comparison. Combats that are supposed to be very challenging just end after one round, maybe two, once OP can full attack. Yes, combats break when OP is around, but I have no idea why he thinks Echolocation is the culprit. His damage output is way more than encounters can handle. As seen in his example above, his damage output on level 4 lies around 30 (24 static, roughly 7 from average dice). I referred to the Bench-Pressing table for comparison. His damage output is roughly that of a level 5.5 character. For comparison, my...

I get why you have this point of view, but you also have to understand that this is how bloodragers and barbarians work: they hit hard, take hits and maybe have perception and one other skill.

The level 4 Barbarian/fighter hits as hard as a lvl 5.5 character of any other class that is not entirely focused on being a beatstick/machinegun.

I'm still not hitting as hard as the smiting paladin, I need to prepare to hit the flying opponent, our archer won initiative and just gunned down the encounter from 120 feet away from the other side of a lake before anyone else even got a turn in.

I can't outskill the bard, cant out-identify the occultist or outsocial the mesmerist.

Barbarians and by extension bloodragers hit hard.
the example I gave was not to say :'Oh look how high my damage is nanana'. It's to show how easy it is with the barbarian class because it's what they were designed to do.

Edit : also thanks for the bench pressing table but looking at it, things like my druid are pretty avarage except for 1 save.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Ah fair enough. as for the rest.
Currently sitting at lvl 5 bloodrager with 1 level medium
due to demonic bulk im getting an additional +2 strength but i'm getting a -1 size penalty to attack.

Str 27 -1 size (+7) (+8)
Furious aomf (+2) (+2)
Champion spirit with focus (+2)seance(+4)
Base attack bonus (+5)
total (+16) (+14)

My bite gets half the strength scaling but the spirit bonus and amulet are unaffected by the secondary attack penalty. Once I get to second level dragon disciple I trade it in for the dragon bite wich gets 1.5x strength scaling.

And Quentin : Don't forget that I have a Raging (hurr) bloodrager addiction, they are extremely easy to hit really hard with, little to no feat investment and easy scaling.
The Gunslinger I am currently playing is hitting for 1d10+2 right now with point-blank shot and I had to dip fighter at two just to get precise shot and hit things.

And for some reason Barbarians and bloodragers are pretty darn rare at our lodge, at least at the tables Im playing at, so I can understand that my numbers catch you off guard.

As an example : human barbarian 4 with power attack, reckless rage and reckless abandon. starting with 19 str at 1 with the increase at 4 and belt.

Attack : sword+1furious(+3), bab+4, abandon+2, Str+8, -3 power attack.
Damage : Sword+1furious(+3), Str+12, power attack+9

+14 2d6+24 at level 4 and superstition is still open so saves are not an issue, aside from my first bloodrager, my characters are pretty lopsided having easy weaknesses to target.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Seeing as this thread went completely off its course, I wish to end with : thanks for responding to this.

I will keep using echolocation and when I notice something with it I will notify my party members, if they don't have something to contribute at that point...tough luck I guess.

Happy gaming and playing everyone.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber
Gummy Bear wrote:
Quentin Coldwater wrote:
"Also, as an example of how powerful your builds are: Yesterday you nearly solo-ed a CR 8 and a CR 10 creature, which were a level 9 Fighter and a level 10 Cleric (with sub-optimal tactics, granted), with the help of a level 6 (?) Hunter and a CR 5 NPC running interference. While you were level 5 yourself. That's just crazy."
As a druid? How? I've been struggling with melee druid builds, so this blows my mind and piques my interest.

Not a druid in this case, A bloodrager4/medium1 multiclass going into dragon disciple.

Went crossblooded rageshaper with draconic and abbysal, granting me 2 claws that hit for 2d8 and a bite of 1d8 due to the tusked trait.

my routine comes out to : +16 2d8+14, +16 2d8+14, +11 1d8+10

The enemy cleric cast greater command Halt repeatedly, I purposefully left my reflex and my will somewhat weak to give him flaws as my previous characters covered all bases and had no weaknesses to target, as such the fighter was free to wail on me, I rolled a 16 on my next willsave to break the spell and I proceeded to full attack the fighter for about 70 damage, the fighters next hit puts me at 0 but he keels due to being at 0 himself.

My Hp is really high, but my armor class is dreadful, I am covering this with the esoteric dragon manifestiation wich grants me permanent blur while bloodraging.

Also, I can link my current druid build later if you want.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

By breaking encounters I mean that the tactics become invalid, but I must admit that in a Lot of these situations my allies would not have prepared counters. 2 of the times I got complaints and silence at the table was when we were fighting against a couple of advanced babaus and deeper darkness. I believe this was at level 7, neither the wizard, the alchemist or the warpriest had any counter of any sort prepared while the babaus could not enter my 15 foot reach or flank me so they literally stood at range hitting me with dispel magic over and over.

The other time was when the BBEG was flying in the middle of a cave, he had cast fog cloud and displacement on himself if I remember correctly, I casted echolocation and Air walk and waded into melee wildshaped, The fighter and barbarian had no flight mean available and the arcanist had no way to get around the displacement.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Playing a Druid in pathfinder society atm and there have been lots of situations where this spell just flatout broke encounters.

A lot of people at my tables including gm's are often struck silent by it.

Should I stop using it entirely? Or take the stance that I am allowed to use it so I should?

1 to 50 of 116 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>