GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


1,051 to 1,079 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

you got barkskin. you also have temp hp up.


The dragon is within reach of Leon, but he misses both attacks!

The dragon is seemingly quick to anger, but he is realizing that he may not be able to win.

"You are stronger than you look Pathfinders. I have been keeping an eye on you for Veilisendri and Nephenie. We knew Aiyana had recruited some uplanders. I was nearby when she recruited you. I was there when you entered Hamril's Tomb. I was there when you entered Lyrudrada. I knew when you overtook Aiyana's estate and when you visited her allies. But yet, you are stronger than I ever imagined."

The dragon retreats to over Nyx's ice wall to the area with the giants. But before he leaves, he turns back and finishes, "There are stronger foes than me in here. Watch your back. Because I may be there too."

With that, the dragon has retreated.

Where do you go next?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx breaths a sigh of relief and says to his team who suffered the worst strength drain? I can completely cure one person and help a second. But let's do this quickly, before further foes show up.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku sheepishly raises his hand, hardly able to support his backpack and now realizing his armor chafing badly. Siiska seems unaffected.

Akku will gladly recover his 6 pts. of STR drain if Nyx has the juice for it!!


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Restoration is a good idea. It will take a minute off our buffs to cast though. Leon is drained 6 Strength. Lacking a better plan, I'd say let's go to the northeast through that blue-bar door thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Making a command decision, Nyx casts Lesser Restoration on Akku for points: 1d4 ⇒ 4 points and Restoration on Leon, restoring all his lost strength. I can do no more without rest. he explains.


The Pathfinders hear a crash and several loud screams in Giant coming from the east. Seems like the dragon may be riling them up. With that way blocked off, the Pathfidners set their sight to the north (Is there any more healing/restoring needed?)!

As they approach, several ornate arabesques of paired pillars rise to 60 ft above. At the room's center stands a circular well of dark water. Between each pair of pillars and along the room's northern wall, curtains of gray, phosphorescent webs extend up to the coffered vaults. All the doors leading out are heavy stone doors.

But most importantly are two creatures! Owbs! Two owbs you recognize: one from Ezkurian's lair who escaped (Xhamila) and one you just encountered outside the Foresaken Fane (Solestenes).

Neither attacks right away, but they instead stare right at you. Telepathically, they say in unison: <You are not welcome here. We can not let you pass.>

Not going into initiative just yet, depending on what you do. Neither owb approaches.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Everyone should be at full health. I am out of ways to restore lost strength for now. And three of you should still have temp HP from Nyx's Shell of Succor.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

I think we're close to the point where just fighting might be the thing to do. Looking at the map, the only doors I see are where the riled-up giants are or these owbs. The only alternative coming to mind is using Passwall to create a new opening somewhere.


You can tell that both of these owbs aren't at full strength... Perhaps someone can convince them to step aside or leave the Reborn?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx seps forward. We have faced both of you before and we are still here. Since we are determined, if you block our way you will die. But if you decide that this is not really your fight, you can leave this place to it's fate.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku sends a bit of psychic energy towards Nyx to make him appear more grandiose.

+5 to Nyx diplomacy via telempathic projection


Any one else want to Aid and/or add anything?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Listen to the wise undine oracle. His wisdom is freely offered and only pride and folly may prevent its fruits."

The finality of the statement rings like some empty sermon even to Akku's own ears. He looks down in shame, blushing. He now wishes he would not have been emboldened to open his mouth by that heroism spell...

diplo aid, heroism: 1d20 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 + 2 = 5


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 34 T 30 (34 vs. incorporeal) FF 27 | Incorporeal: immune to crits/precision dmg; spells/magic weapons only do 1/2 dmg | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 25 | F: +12, R: +15, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft., Fly 40ft. (Good) | Hatred Focus, Incorporeal Form | Active conditions: hste, heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska says nothing, floating ominously in mid air and pointing at the undine as he talks.

diplo aid, heroism: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

My companion is indeed correct, you need not end your existence here, step aside for us and go in peace.... Farrar backs him up.

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


???: 1d20 ⇒ 17

SM: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 3, 3, 5) = 20

<Approach, and I'll tell you the true story of the Reborn.> the owb on the right (Xhamila) says. As far as any of you are concerned, she is genuine.

<It all started with Earthfall, tens of thousands of years ago. The ancestors of the caligni divined only a day before Earthfall their city would be destroyed, so they evacuated their people into the subterranean realm of Nar-Voth, hoping to use it as temporary shelter. But as tunnels to the surface collapsed, they were forced ever downwards in search of safety and resources.>

The group of you slowly approach, keen to listen more.

<They believed that their gods had utterly abandoned them so they sought new gods for support and inspiration. A mysterious pantheon of Shadow Plane demigods known as the Forsaken responded to these prayers with unexpected vigor...>

As the group approaches, they don't see nor sense the webs that line this room. Each of you start feeling sick. Looking to each other, each of you see the others sometime shift or blur before resuming the appearance of solidity.

Please everyone here needs to make a DC 18 Will save vs a new Shadowbound Corruption (insubstantiality) as you touch the webs. You have to repeat the save every minute you touch the webs with the DC increased by 1.

The owbs almost giggle as you walk into the webs... but don't seem eager to attack.

Do you let the owbs continue their story or attack?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

I’ll use my folio re-roll

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Galadhan stops short, whispering to his friends. ”Something is wrong…we should go no further…it’s a trap…”


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Will vs Corruption: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Alarmed by the sickening feeling of the webs, Leon starts to back out of the area. I'm interested in the story, but maybe they'll continue talking even if we aren't in their zone of bad things.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Let's stop advancing a moment and see what they have to say Farrar stops advancing, worried about what else could happen here....

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku and Siiska step forward and listen to the owb story, accepting the shadow webs fully. Compromises must be made when true reconciliation is sought with an enemy.

Akku and Siiska both fail their save voluntarily, accepting the new shadowbound manifestation


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx, feeling contact with the web, quickly backpeddles and brushes at his face. But it's too late and he is snared by the shadow.

Will Save: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sounds like both Akku and Siiska were the only ones to fail - you both gain the new shadowbound corruption. Please remind me if I forget about it!

Both owbs smile as they watch Akku and Siiska start flickering.

<Well, well, well...> they both smile. <Let us continue the story of the Reborn. Started as a secret society, the Reborn assert that when a caligni die, fragments of their memories pass on to their children while their souls move on to the afterlife.>[b]

You would remember that when any caligni dies, their body combusts and leaves almost no trace.

[b]<The Reborn argue, the violent flash of energy upon death is a physical manifestation of the split between memory and soul. Most caligni cannot recall these ancestral memories except in dreams or on an instinctual level. Except for the Reborn themselves - they claim they can recall ancestral memories dating way back to Earthfall, when the Seers of Calignos first led their people into the Darklands. You can see why this is appealing to the Reborn.>

The other owb (telepathically) continues. <It was a sham of course... until a caligni named Nephenie came along that could actually communicate with with her ancestors. Let's just say she had a long talk with one of her ancestors. They had a long talk... which lead her down her path. She quickly took control of the Reborn and the rest is history.>

Again, the other owb cuts in. <We do not like her methodology. She is a bit too brutal. She also has an acquaintence... Veilisendri...>

Anyone listening can hear a hint of jealousy at the name of Veilisendri.

<She is up ahead. As you can see, the webs here are from a creature. I do not know how to say the name in your language. But watch out for it's web. We do not know where it is currently lurking, but it's quick and powerful.>

<Good luck on your quest. We are going to go to the Shadow Plane to restart our goals and hopefully have better luck.>


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

They are jealous of this thing, this Veilisendri hiding in the back. And it seems linked to the shadow realm. Strange tales the Owbs tell us, but it makes sense for why the Reborn are so fanatical about their beliefs and possibly are being manipulated into following Nephenie's guidance. the bard muses, watching Akku and Siska fade in and out of tangibility.

Should we see if there is a way around the webs? Or... Farrar withdraws a torch, lighting it and seeing if it burns away the webbing around him.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"A direct path would be best, if we can clear the way," Leon says. "It is troubling that those creatures wish for us to defeat their enemies for them while still largely aligning their goals with the Reborn. We cannot afford to overlook the present threat regardless."


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"We've been told there's a deadly creature in these webs. Why don't we walk around through the west wing?" ask Akku, not understanding Leon's approach.

@GM: incorporeality corruption is dependent on manifestation level. Can we assume manifestation level 4, which grants half that number as a deflection bonus to AC?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Just RPing here guys, but if you really want to burn or cut the webs, please lead the way... Akku can also help with his scythe if that's the case. I'm ok with either direction: straight fwd or via the west wing! ;)


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar was trying above to clear the webs from in front of him, waiting to see if that worked or not.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

While his companions debate the path, Galdhan draws his bow and looks intently for signs of said deadly creature…

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

1,051 to 1,079 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.