GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


701 to 750 of 1,079 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

@Galadhan (and everyone), if you wanted to rest before coming over here at Nomianna's place, that is fine with me. Do you want to step away from the green bat? You'll provoke an AOO otherwise. The blue bat is dead on your first hit - which bat do you want to target next?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku Fort DC 16, Ward Against Corruption: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 = 17

Akku strikes the same bat once more! i.e. hitting purple again

1st attack, +2 Silversheen Impervious Shrinking Scythe, H: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16
magic silver piercing slashing dmg: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20

2nd attack, +2 Silversheen Impervious Shrinking Scythe, H: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
magic silver piercing slashing dmg: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2) + 15 = 20


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska Fort DC 16, H: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13

Siiska puts her hands to her ears, wincing in pain!!

Stunned for 1d3 ⇒ 3 rounds!

Stunned AC 21 (loses Dex_mod minus another 2 = -5 to AC total + can't take actions


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12+4 if considered Sonic

Made it?:
Farrar skips back a step, seeing Ghaladan's arrow take one from the air and drawing his sword and shield. Seeing Nyx bit by the creature, Down an antiplague, their bites carry disease! Full Defense

Failed:
Farrar's ears begin to bleed, and the Varisian man is stunned, crossbow in hand, trying to overcome the magical effect...Duration: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx will channel to harm undead. DC 16 Save for half.

Possitive Energy: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3, 3) = 24


Save vs Channel: 3d20 ⇒ (1, 20, 9) = 30

Two pass, one fail, which kills the purple one. Nyx and Leon still needs to make a Fortitude save vs. the Screech attack. I'll go ahead and roll them now though.

Nyx Fortitude vs Screech: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Leon Fortitude vs Screech: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

@Farrar, doesn't look like it's a Sonic based attack, unfortunately.

Will give Leon one more day before delaying.

Galadhan manages to kill one of the undead bats while another goes down to Nyx's channel. Unfortunately, Akku fails to connect while two of your members are temporarily stunned.

--------------

[u]Round 2[/u]

Galadhan
Leon

Undead bats
-Green (-24 hp)
-Red (-12 hp)

Akku
-Siiska (stunned for 3 rounds)
Nyx (-13 hp)
Farrar (stunned for 2 rounds)

Leon is up!


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

They are like mobats so sonic mind-affecting effect I believe... (copied stats on slide 2 to briefly show you; lots of monster entries used to save space like that by referring to another monster on the same page...)


There it is! I checked the mobat page earlier, but completely forgot to check it again. Farrar is okay and not stunned!

Also, forgot that Nyx must make 2 Fortitude saves - one against disease and one against paralysis. Both DC 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

On it. You already made my first save I believe. Nope that was for screech...

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Okay, delaying Leon.

The two remaining skavelings are thinking with their stomachs (or lack there of?). One attacks Nyx while the other attacks Leon.

bite vs Nyx: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 8) + 7 = 20

bite vs Leon: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

But neither seem to be able to break through the armor of both the Pathfinders!

--------------

[u]Round 2[/u]

Galadhan
Leon

Undead bats
-Green (-24 hp)
-Red (-12 hp)

Akku
-Siiska (stunned for 2 rounds)
[b]Nyx
(-13 hp)
Farrar (stunned for 1 rounds)

Everyone is up!


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku strikes the bat with red eyes!

1st attack, +2 Silversheen Impervious Shrinking Scythe, H: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33
magic silver piercing slashing dmg: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (4, 3) + 15 = 22

2nd attack, +2 Silversheen Impervious Shrinking Scythe, H: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
magic silver piercing slashing dmg: 2d4 + 15 ⇒ (2, 3) + 15 = 20


And another one dead! Just one more batty creature left.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx will stab at the one nearest him, but seems awkward with the weapon. He then steps back 5'.

+1 returning shock trident: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 71d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (2) = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan fires at the remaining bat (green)…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Favored Enemy, Flurry of Blows, Deadly Aim
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Favored Enemy, Deadly Aim

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 34
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 19

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 = 19
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 17


And the last one goes down! With no more distractions around, Galadhan slowly opens up the lock to the building. With a satisfying *click* the door swings open.

Immediately the smell of of rot and decay hits everyone's nostrils. The floor in front of them is covered in what must be decades of detritus composed of bits of spoiled food, rotting carcasses of myriad animals and small creatures, and an accumulation of random debris. Patches of mushrooms and mold are scattered throughout.

Galadhan immediately spies six creatures roaming around the muck, but they scurry away when the door swings open.

Continuing through the room, the Pathfinders decide to head up the stairs. Here too, the smell is atrocius. And due to the confined spaces of the stairs, the rot is overpowering.

For each round you stay in the stairwell, you must make a DC 15 Fortitude save or become nauseated for 1 round; on a success you are only sickened for 1 round. You can hold your breath to ignore this effect (but then can't use anything with verbal components.

Leon, leading the group, slowly opens up the door. He recognizes this space as the library - various bookcases carved into the stone wall which are crammed with all manner of scrolls and tomes. Small oil lamps in high sconces provide dim illumination over a large reading table.

Around the corner, Leon spies a dark folk, hunched over a table, examining a book. He immediately swings around and mutters something at Leon.

Dark Folk, then repeated in Undercommon:

"Stop! Don't come any closer! Who are you!?"

The dark folk (seen here) is standing threateningly, but doesn't attack yet. It seems like if anyone else comes in (without diffusing the situation), he will attack.

i.e. if anyone else comes into the room without some sort of Diplomacy check, we'll likely go into initiative. Remember that those in the stairs must make a Fortitude save vs the stench


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

After the bats are dispatched Nyx will make sure everyone is full-up on hit points using his first level wand before we proceed. Let me know how many charges you need - 2 charges averages 9 hp. From tag lines it looks like Nys is the only one wounded.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Farrar gets noisily sick going up the staircase, following the others. He enters the room with Leon wiping his face, and holding up his hand to the dark folk, responding in its native language,

Dark Folk:
Easy friend, we're just trying to get out of the staircase. My friends and I are just here to talk for a moment, please listen. I'm Farrar, this is Leon, what's your name?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34


Farrar slowly creeps into the room as the dark folk hesitates. It's obvious, with the various vials attached to his hips, that this man is an alchemist.

The caligni in front of Leon and Farrar hesistates before answering,

Dark Folk:

"Gallach. My name is Gallach. What is a surface dweller doing speaking the language of my folk?".

Before Farrar or Leon can react, he sizes you guys up decides that it's not worth it to fight you. So he dashes up the stairs to the top floor!

Everyone else can now come up out of the stairs and don't need to make any saves. Do you follow the dark folk up the stairs or go across the bridge to the other spire?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar shrugs, Who knows, a Caligni alchemist running away.... So follow, or head across?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

The alchemist would make a great ally if we can win him over. I say go after him but make sure he knows we mean him no harm.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"What did he say to you Farrar?"

Sorry for being AWOLon the last fight. Were there any checks I missed that had importance after the fact?

Fort vs stairwell fetidness: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

His name's Gallach, and he was curious why a topsider speaks his language. I'm not sure he'd be wanting to help us if he lives here, which he seems to.


Looking around the room, obvious books, scrolls, and other contraptions are around. In fact, on the table, it looks like Gallach was closely examining a book labelled (in Undercommon), 'The History of the Darklands: 4000 AR - 4500 AR'. Other books have similar titles, with topics including drow life, religion, and hierarchy, and histories of the Darkland creatures and societies. There are quite a bit of loose papers and scrolls around as well.

No worries Leon! It wasn't that important of a fight. It seems like this is a library. You could spend some time in this library to reserach a topic pertaining to the Darklands, gaining you a +2 circumstance bonus to Knowledge checks for each full day perusing the library (up to a max of +6), though you must speak Elven and Undercommon. Probably would want to clear out the spires before doing any research.

Do you spend any time searching the library for anything useful? Or do you immediately leave? I'll assume that you are heading up to the top floor, following Gallach. Will push out an update either tonight or tomorrow morning.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx will cast Detect Magic and then take a quick look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23


Taking some time to search the room, Nyx finds mostly texts with no particular resale value, despite their use as reference material. However, he does find a few things of note:

-a scroll of protection from chaos
-a scroll of vermin shape II
-a scroll of serenity
-a scroll of teleport
-a bookmark of deception (hidden inside a mundane dictionary to make it resemble a different mundane dictionary)

---------------

The Pathfinders decide that visiting their 'friend' Gallach may be the next best move. Slowly sneaking up the stairs, Leon leads the group up. But as the paladin enters the landing to the top floor, the room is unnaturally dark - it is impossible for any of you to see, despite your recent shadowbound corruption.

Leon hears the laughing of Gallach, but also the deep rumbling.

"You made a grave mistake coming here, uplanders."

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Nyxis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Gallach: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
???: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

GM Screen:

???: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Immediately, Leon feels a blast hit his chest. A wash of exhaustion befalls the paladin.

Leon must make a DC 17 Fortitude save or be Exhausted for 8 minutes. A success means he is only Fatigued.

----------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Note: Area is in deeper darkness so you cannot see

????

Galadhan
Leon (need Fort save vs exhaustion)
Akku
-Siiska
Nyx
Farrar

Gallach

Everyone is up!


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

If you cannot see, wait for me to act! Nyx calls out as he starts to cast a spell.

Daylight cast on the fletching of a crossbow bolt on his initiative. Standard action to cast. Once Nyx can see he will take his move action.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku momentarily shields his eyes from the light explosion Nyxis just summoned!

Eerie Perception:
(Source Horror Adventures pg. 34) Your eyes change, adapting to a life in the shadows. Gift: You gain darkvision to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision, the range of your darkvision increases by 30 feet instead. You also gain a +2 bonus on Perception and Stealth checks. At manifestation level 3rd, the bonuses increase to +4. Stain: Your eye color fades to a dull gray and your eyes overreact to light. You gain light sensitivity, causing you to be dazzled in areas of bright light.
Dazzled: The creature is unable to see well because of over-stimulation of the eyes. A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks.


Nyx thinks quickly and touches Akku's crossbow bolt. Immediately, the room sheds its darkness, giving the Pathfinders a clearer view of the room. Around the corner is a wide, canopied bed with stone tables bearing crystal decanters and multicolored glass carafes stand against the sections of wall between three doorways that open onto balconies.

But the room is seemingly empty! No visible sign of Gallach nor the other creature that called them out.

The daylight spell dispels the effects of deeper darkness, so no one is dazzled I believe.

Also, as a note: library is room B. You are entering room C.

----------

[u]Round 1[/u]

????

Nyx
Galadhan
Leon (need Fort save vs exhaustion)
Akku
-Siiska
Farrar

Gallach

Everyone but Nyx is up!


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku has see invisibility up if that is relevant!

Akku reaches into his mind for the power to detect the undead.

Casting Detect Undead


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar breaks into song, realizing that taking up space would be problematic, and giving his comrades courage!

Inspire Courage! +2


Akku, you are still on the stairs so you don't see into the room. But you do not detect any undead closeby.


If Akku moves into the room OR anyone else who has see invisibility + moves into room:

You see two figures in the room. Gallach is on the western balcony and smiles wryly as he notices you. The other is a creature that looks like a skeletal human torso coated in a liquid shadow. She hovers in the southern balcony, finger pointing at Leon.

Knowledge (planes) to ID this creature.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Fortitude vs Exhaustion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Leon feels the strength drain from him, but the divine blessings of the Inheritor ward off the worst of the enemy's spell. Able to see now that Nyxis has illuminated the way, he continues to advance into the room, ready for battle.

There's a good chance that Leon's Blind-Fight feat will come into play here. He can't see invisible things but has darkvision if that's still relevant.

Readied Attack:
Readied Attack (inspire courage, power attack, fatigue): 1d20 + 17 + 2 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 2 - 3 - 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 2 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (8) + (1, 6) + 10 + 2 + 9 - 1 = 35
Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Possible Miss Chance (1-20/50 misses): 1d100 ⇒ 7
Blind Fight Miss Chance Roll #2: 1d100 ⇒ 4


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku moves into the room and relays the info to everyone! (and casts detect undead if time allows, although it may be moot... this thing being a FLOATING TORSO!!!)


Floating skeletal torso! Not undead though! Anyone can do a Knowledge (planes) check after Akku describes the creature with an increased DC.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Knowledge The Planes, Heroes Only: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20


The word 'owb' comes to Akku's tongue as he thinks hard about the creature that stands hovers to the south. Creatures of the Shadow Plane, these owbs are worshipped as proxies to gods of the shadows by the dark folk. Evil and manipulative, they love running conspiratorial plots involving denizens of the Shadow Plan and those of the Material Plane, using their silent telepathy to project mumbles of curses and threats into the minds of those it encounters.

But the creature floating (invisibly) doesn't seem like a typical owb. Something about the way she points a finger at Leon seems powerful. What that power holds... Akku does not know.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku looks directly at this owb, then at Gallach, and asks, "Must we be enemy, Mister Gallach and esteemed owb lord? or is there room for a parley. Hurry and respond, as my friends are capable killers, and one of you surely stands to die, should silence and threat of violence continue. This would be unfortunate and a waste of an opportunity..."


Will give Galadhan until the end of the weekend to post before delaying them.

Farrar inspires his comrades to new heights! While Leon prepares for any incoming attack.

----------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Notes: Inspire Courage +2 is up!

????

Nyx
Galadhan
Leon (fatigued)
Akku
-Siiska
Farrar

Gallach

Galadhan is up!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan will delay until he sees something he can fire at…


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

What language is Akku speaking? If Common, Farrar will call it out in Dark Folk to try and get it to the creatures in the room above


As Akku calls out for a truce, the Pathfinders feel a reverberation in their skull as the owb responds (telepathically) in Common.

"You think we don't know who you are? We, the Reborn, know some uplanders are meddling with our plans. And here you are, uplanders currently meddling with our plans. There is only one option: elimination."

GM Screen:

bomb: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 2) = 14

damage: 8d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1) + 6 = 23

sneak attack: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 4) = 16

cold attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2

damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2) = 11

Suddenly, two bombs explode at Leon's feet! *KABOOM!*. Leon struggles to stand up. Gallach does not show his lovely face, still seemingly invisible.

Leon takes 39 damage from two force bombs + sneak attack. Then Leon must make two DC 17 Reflex saves or fall prone.

As Leon flails (perhaps on the floor), he feels a burning cold blast against his side. Similarly, the owb does not get out of her invisibility.
(Leon takes another 11 damage).

----------

[u]Round 2[/u]

Notes: Inspire Courage +2 is up!

????

Nyx
Galadhan
Leon (fatigued, -50 hp, Reflex save vs falling prone x2)
Akku
-Siiska
Farrar

Gallach

Everyone is up!


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Seeing Leon so heavily assaulted, Farrar changes his tune dramatically. Autumn winds weave through the space, carrying the violence of his music to the ears of his comrades, emboldening them with fury and anger instead of just courage. Akku, can you see them? Where are they? he asks while changing his tune...

Switch to Raging Song! Inspired Rage, +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Will saves, -1 AC, allies who accept the raging song can't use most skills, they choose whether to accept or not. Also grants the following Rage power! Autumn Rage +2 on CMB To trip or reposition, +2 on attack rolls to confirm Crits

He grips his shield and positions himself to respond in the room should the enemies appear suddenly!
2/25 Bardic Performance


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Leon heals 5 points as Nyx begins to act. I need to know relative locations too so I can act. Nyx maybe saw where the bombs or spell initiated from? Perhaps he head the spellcasting? He can deliver heals with his familiar if needed. and he has both walls and area effect spells. Maybe wall one off and focus on the other?


I assume Akku told you their relative positions. Gallach is in the western balcony and the owb is in the southern one. Added them on the map, despite them being invisible.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx moves into the room as Leon heals 5 points and Nyx takes 5 points. Sizing up the situation he casts Wall of Ice to block off the alchemist for at least a couple rounds. Depending on ceiling height the wall will be double thick with 54 hp for 20' high or triple thick with 83 hp. if 10' high.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Reflex vs Prone DC 17 #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Reflex vs Prone DC 17 #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Leon is rocked by multiple heavy blasts and collapses to his feet.

”Inheritor, grant me strength to banish this evil!” Badly wounded by the attack, he calls on Iomedae for aid before regaining his feet and moving in the direction of one of the alcoves Akku pointed out.

Lay on Hands (greater mercy): 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 2) + (5) = 18

It looks like a sequence of (swift – Lay on Hands), (move – stand), (free – 5' step) & (standard – attack) is viable here. The alcove is small enough that it should specify the square. I'll roll an attack on that basis. Leon is going to forego the rage song since he might need some of his immediate action spells here.

Attack (power attack, fatigue): 1d20 + 17 - 3 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 3 - 1 = 22
Damage (power attack, fatigue): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (3) + (3, 2) + 10 + 9 - 1 = 26
Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Chance (1-50 misses): 1d100 ⇒ 76
Blind Fight Miss Chance rereoll (1-50 misses): 1d100 ⇒ 70

Hero's Defiance if reduced to zero hp or lower:
Lay on Hands (greater mercy): 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 4) + (6) = 25

Resources: Leon should recover 18 hp from lay on hands plus five from Nyxis's ability. My tagline says I have 5/8 of lay on hands remaining, but I think that's probably old data from a different day.


Yeah, I'll assume you guys rested at Nomianna's place before heading over.

Farrar's beat changes, emboldening his compatriots to new heights! It's almost as if autumn winds breeze through the balconies.

Nyx moves in, making sure Leon's wounds heal up. Quickly thinking, the cleric blocks off one of the alcoves with a wall of nearly impenetrable ice.

Leon, now knowing where the enemies stands floats, stands up and quickly brings his hammer down... but it swings right through the air almost as if the owb wasn't there at all!

----------

[u]Round 2[/u]

Notes: Inspire Courage +2 is up! Raging Song is up!

????

Nyx
Galadhan
Leon (fatigued, -27 hp, Reflex save vs falling prone x2)
Akku
-Siiska
Farrar

Gallach

Galadhan and Akku are up!

1 to 50 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.