GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


851 to 900 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Knowledge Arcana to learn more about the rope creatures, H: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 2 = 17

Akku continues to fight off the swarm.

+2 Silversheen Impervious Shrinking Scythe, H, IC, Haste vs. YELLOW: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 37
magic silver piercing slashing dmg, IC: 2d4 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 15 + 2 = 23


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska moves to the south and fights side-by-side her big brother.

Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. YELLOW: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 36
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 15 plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 2 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save; An undead creature you touch takes no damage of either sort, but it must make a successful DC 14 Will saving throw or flee as if panicked for 1d4+9 rounds

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
Leon Volens wrote:

[dice=Confusion]1d100

Unable to determine reality from illusion, Leon flails to free himself of swarming creatures and acid that are no longer there.

[dice=Self Damage]1d8+6

Leon, the text of Confusion states: Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, as long as it is still confused when its turn comes. So as long as that swarm is alive you do not roll on the confusion table. Instead you attack the swarm.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx levitates up out of range of the swarm and throws his returning trident at the threat.

Trident: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + (3) = 9


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

I checked to see if anything attacked Leon. Guessed I missed the swarm. If the GM wants me to do that instead, I'm perfectly happy not dealing self-damage (Leon does enough of that already).


Galadhan lets out a flurry of arrows! Enough of the undigested sludge dissipates that its no longer a threat! Galadhan is quick enough to let one more arrow loose at the rope creature - definitely leaving a bruise.

Nyx levitates off the ground, then attempts to smash some more of the oozing sludge swarm beneath his feet. It slowly starts to discorporate, but still stands.

Akku knows the rope creatures are a type of dragon - rope dragons! Slashing weapons (DR 5/slashing) work best, as does fire (vulnerable).

@Akku, Galadhan killed the swarm before you acted. Do you want to change your action?

Leon, in his confusion, wants to attack the swarm.

@Leon can attack the swarm!

The swarm will attempt to digest more of Farrar and Leon (Nyx is levitating above the swarm)

damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) = 10

Leon and Farrar must make a DC 16 Reflex save at the start of their turn or take 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds. You can make a new save as a full round action. Per confusion, you both must attack the swarm.

--------------

[u]Round 3[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Farrar (-30 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (20 ft in air)
Rope creature (20 ft in air)
-red
-pink (-11 hp)

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-24 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-14 hp) (confused, shell of succor)

Swarm
-red (-15 hp)

Akku can redo his turn. Leon must redo his turn vs the undigested swarm. Farrar is up and must attack the swarm.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar drops the crossbow, pulling his longsword from its sheath and assaulting the swarm attacking him while screaming incoherently. The sight of the transformed duregar Farrar screaming incoherently while swatting at the swarm would be funny, if it weren't so dangerous.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Hasted: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage 2: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage 3: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Reflex vs Acid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Leon shakes off the worst of the acid and screams his rage as he assaults the swarm opposing him.

Attack #1 (power attack): 1d20 + 17 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 3 = 24
Damage #1 (power attack): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + (3, 2) + 10 + 9 = 28
Self Damage #1: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack #2 (power attack, iterative): 1d20 + 17 - 3 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 3 - 5 = 14
Damage #2 (power attack): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (1) + (2, 6) + 10 + 9 = 28
Self Damage #2: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

@GM: sure please use my attacks on pink instead of yellow; thx! PS: on phone right now and i don't want to mess up the slide: if anyone can please move both my tokens adjacent to pink that'd be great!

Akku tells everyone what he knows about these rope dragons and both him and Siiska move to attack the grounded one near him!


Between Farrar and Leon, the last swarm collapses at the feet of the Pathfinders! The ground is slick and sludgey, but doesn't seem to be swarming any more.

Akku confirm crit?: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23
crit damage: 2d4 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 15 + 2 = 22

Akku and his sister move towards the rope dragon and nearly slash it to pieces! It still hovers, but barely. Instead of engaging with the siblings, it withdraws from combat, flying up the shaft 60 feet.

Ezkurian is not detered though. He skitters across the ceiling and laughs. "Whatever you want, you wont get here. Give up now so I can look into your brains - literally!"

The smell of ozone fills the room as a crackling of lightning erupts from the drider's finger. I believe that I can target Farrar, Leon, and Nyx with [i]Lightning Bolt.

Electricity damage: 9d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4, 5) = 34

DC 18 Reflex save for half damage!

--------------

[u]Round 3[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Actions needed: Farrar, Leon, and Nyx must make a DC 18 Reflex save vs Lightning Bolt. Take 34 damage or 17 damage on a success.

Farrar (-30 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (20 ft in air)
Rope Dragon
-pink (-52 hp)
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-24 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-24 hp) (confused, shell of succor)

Galadhan, Nyx, Akku, and Leon are up!
Leon and Nyx must attack Ezkurian per confusion.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku casts fly on Siiska.


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska flies to the drider and attacks. No witty repartee... just hatred!!

Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 21
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 22 plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save; An undead creature you touch takes no damage of either sort, but it must make a successful DC 14 Will saving throw or flee as if panicked for 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 rounds

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

The bard dodges the worst of the electrical attack, but is still singed by it as it zips past him into his Allie’s.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan fires at the rope creature…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Favored Enemy, Flurry of Blows, Deadly Aim, Haste, IC
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Favored Enemy, Deadly Aim, IC

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 28
Magic/Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 15

Magic Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17
Magic/Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 22

Magic Longbow (Flurry of Bows): 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 32
Magic/Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 19

Magic Longbow (Haste): 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 28
Magic/Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 16


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Reflex vs Lightning Bolt (haste): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15

Leon needs to attack Ezkurian, but I read that he's on the cieling. Is he within reach?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

He cannot be too high or he could not catch all three of us with a lightning bolt. Also Nyx is very close to going down - 8 hp. He is locked onto Ezkurian now and does not get to roll to try to act normally. So I am not sure he can heal himself? If healing himself is the best thing he can do, can he do so as part of attacking Ezkurian while confused?

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Nyx takes the full impact of the lightning bolt and rocks in the air. He drops all life links and casts ball lightning(Reflex DC 20) on Ezkurian, creating two balls of energy.

SR if needed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Great a 2 and then a 1


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

In case Leon can attack then.

Attack (haste, power attack): 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 - 3 = 23
Damage (power attack): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 ⇒ (8) + (3, 2) + 10 + 9 = 32
Self Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


I'm pretty terrible with 3D combat. But yeah, it would make sense he would come down to cast the Lightning Bolt.

With her new powers of flight, the phantom Siiska flies towards the drider Ezkurian. In a fit of rage, she attempts to slam right in to him, but fails to make any dent. Miss.

Galadhan kills the fleeing rope dragon who just wanted to go back to its mate! Its corpse drops right on top of Akku.

And Nyx's Ball Lightning doesn't seem to affect Ezkurian nor does Leon's powerful swing.

Ezkurian smiles gleefully. "You fell into my trap, uplanders. Don't think you will succeed.". He pulls out a short rod and taps both Leon and Siiska.

Rod vs Leon (touch): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Rod vs Siiska (touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Leon starts to feel his limbs weaken. Leon takes 1d4 ⇒ 4 Strength damage and 1d4 ⇒ 4 Constitution damage.

He'll then bite the weakened Leon.

Bite vs Leon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage + poison: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

--------------

[u]Round 4[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Farrar (-47 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (20 ft in air)
Rope Dragon
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-58 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-58 hp) (confused, shell of succor) (-4 points of Strength & Constitution)

Farrar is up!


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar spins into the Drider, longsword scything away at the creature while screaming incoherently.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Iterative Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Hasted: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

damage 1, arcane strike: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage 2, arcane strike: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage 3, as: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Still confused and suddenly much weaker, Leon still knows who his foe is.

With that constitution damage, Leon's hp maximum is 67 and he already has 58 damage taken. I'm going to start with a Lay on Hands. I don't think Confusion prevents him from using that?

Lay on Hands (greater lay on hands): 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 2) + (4) = 20
Attack #1 (haste, power attack, strength damage): 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 17
Damage #1 (power attack, strength damage): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (2) + (4, 2) + 10 + 9 - 3 = 24
Self Damage #1: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack #2 (haste, power attack, strength damage): 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 = 22
Damage #2 (power attack, strength damage): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (7) + (3, 1) + 10 + 9 - 3 = 27
Self Damage #2: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack #3 (haste, power attack, strength damage, iterative): 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 1 - 3 - 2 - 5 = 13
Damage #3 (power attack, strength damage): 1d8 + 2d6 + 10 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (3) + (3, 3) + 10 + 9 - 3 = 25
Self Damage #3: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Farrar, you have to move in to attack with a longsword as Ezkurian is ~20 feet away. Moved you on the map.

Farrar's blade digs deep into the side of Ezkurian and he winces in pain. "Is that the best you got, bard?"

Leon - not your turn just yet!

Ezkurian smirks as the Pathfinders surround him.

Who?, 1=Siiska, 2=Farrar, 3=Leon: 3d3 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3

Three attacks on Siiska

Rod vs Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Rod vs Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Str: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Con: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Siiska takes 2 points of Strength damage and 4 points of Constitution damage

@Leon, since Ezkurian did not attack you this turn, you must roll on the Confusion table. You must redo your turn!

--------------

[u]Round 4[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Farrar (-47 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (-23 hp)
Rope Dragon
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-58 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura) (-2 points of Strength & -4 Constitution)
Leon (-58 hp) (confused, shell of succor) (-4 points of Strength & Constitution)

Galadhan, Nyx, Akku, and Leon are up! Note there is a Wall of Force between Galadhan/Akku and the others. Everyone who is confused must roll on the Confusion table to act (since only Siiska was attacked this round).


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

I see how I took my turn out of sequence, but Leon hasn't had a turn since he got Str/Con damaged. That probably counts as an attack, so I'm guessing my last post should still work?


Whoooooops. I made a big mistake! You would be correct. I accidentally gave Ezkurian two turns instead of one. His turn should have been after Farrar's turn posted here. Let's ignore my last update. Siiska does NOT take any STR or CON damage. I'll take Leon's post here. I'm sorry I keep making mistakes.

Galadhan, Nyx, Akku, and Farrar are back up! Since Nyx and Farrar were not attacked (per this update), they must roll on the Confusion table.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku steps next to Galadhan and targets the drider with a spell of his own!

inflict pain, duration 9 rounds, Will DC 15 to reduce the duration to 1 round only!

Inflict Pain: You telepathically wrack the target’s mind and body with agonizing pain that imposes a –4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. A successful Will save reduces the duration to 1 round.


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska goes to town. DOWNtown!

Slam 1, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 30
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 22 plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 6 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save; An undead creature you touch takes no damage of either sort, but it must make a successful DC 14 Will saving throw or flee as if panicked for 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 rounds

Slam 2, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 21 plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save; An undead creature you touch takes no damage of either sort, but it must make a successful DC 14 Will saving throw or flee as if panicked for 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 rounds

Haste Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 16 plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 2 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save; An undead creature you touch takes no damage of either sort, but it must make a successful DC 14 Will saving throw or flee as if panicked for 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 rounds

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 39

Nyx begins to babble, unable to help other or himself.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan moves back 10’ to try to see if he has LOS…

…if he does, he’ll fire at the drider…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Favored Enemy, Flurry of Blows, Deadly Aim, Haste, IC
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Favored Enemy, Deadly Aim, IC

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 36
Magic/Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 20


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 24


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Woot! you act normally.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar shakes his head, resuming the song where it awkwardly left off, and focuses his voice on the drider attempting to lull the monster to sleep

Resume Inspire Courage +2 3/25. Cast Deep slumber - effects up to 10 HD of creatures, Will save DC 19 to pass.

Spell Resistance?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Despite Galadhan's best effort to gain line of sight on the drider, he can't seem to with the wall of force in between them. I'll say Ezkurian will need to be at least 10 feet high on the wall before you can gain LoS on him.

Nyx continues to babble, almost oblivious to whats going on around him.

Similar to Galadhan, Akku's spell doesn't seem to penetrate the wall of force.

But Siiska does manage to take a fair chunk of health from the drider. He starts to bruise up, but still stands strong.

Fortitude save: 3d20 ⇒ (3, 19, 7) = 29 All successes.

Leon, with his muscles tight, swings several times at the creature in front of him. But his sword is heavy and each swing misses the target.

Luckily for the others, Farrar realizes where he is: a battle! The bard starts up his song again, inspiring the others to new heights! His spell also does not seem to work - perhaps Ezkurian is too sturdy to be affected (i.e. he has more than 10 HD).

Ezkurian will attempt to dispel Nyx's Magic Circle Against Evil as it's bothering him. "Is that the best you can do?"

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Dispel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

No more Magic Circle!

--------------

[u]Round 5[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Farrar (-47 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (-74 hp)
Rope Dragon
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-58 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-58 hp) (confused, shell of succor) (-4 points of Strength & Constitution)

Everyone is up!! Note there is a Wall of Force between Galadhan/Akku and the others. Everyone who is confused must roll on the Confusion table to act .


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Does Dispel against Nyx count as an attack against him? I believe it should but am not sure. Otherwise more babling.

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 36


Did you cast Magic Circle Against Evil on yourself or an object? If it was on you, then sure, it can count as an attack against you.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku psychically focuses on his sister and infuses another deadly spell upon her!

Deliver Touch Spells 30 ft (Su) and imparting disfiguring touch on Siiska


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Now that the monster has come down, Siiska 5-ft flies over the drider and continues her assault from above, delivering Akku's newly shared spell!

Slam 1, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider, height advantage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 27
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 16
plus disfiguring touch; creature takes –2 penalty on attack rolls or saving throws unless it makes a successful DC 15 Will save (duration: 9 days)

Slam 2, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider, height advantage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 31
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 14
plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 5 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save

Haste Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider, height advantage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 36
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 17
plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
GM Mauve wrote:
Did you cast Magic Circle Against Evil on yourself or an object? If it was on you, then sure, it can count as an attack against you.

Was on me so Nyx will attack. I'd think that attacking an object on my person would also be an attack. Trying to disarm an enemy certainly is. and I think a steal or sunder maneuver also is. I have seen a many material component pouches sundered. lol


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

With little else to attack with, Nyx will try slumber on the enemy. dc20 Will save - no SR

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan will ready an attack if the drider comes into view…

Will use my previous attack roll if that’s OK…


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Unable to bring his thoughts together, Leon babbles nonsense.


Will vs Disfiguring Touch: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Fort vs Chill Touch: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Fort vs Chill Touch: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Ezkurian does not seem to be affected by Slumber.

Just waiting on Farrar now.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 54

Farrar, uncertain of his whereabouts, stops his song and smashes his longsword into his hip....

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Only Siiska manages to pummel Ezkurian! Feeling beat up, Ezkurian attempts to escape!

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Ezkurian *pops* from existence, dropping his rod in the process. As Akku looks up the well above him, he spies a hint of a spider leg or a glimpse of a drow body which indicates that Ezkurian is on the floor above.

What do you guys do now? The well is 40 feet deep (and the ceiling is 20 feet above the floor) so the floor above is about 60 feet from the ground. The rope is no longer available (one of the rope dragons had snipped it) so it's either flying or climbing or teleporting.

Also, the rod is on the floor next to Farrar. You can attempt a Spellcraft check to ID it.

And there are 4 more rounds of Confusion.

-------------

[u]Round 6[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Farrar (-53 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (-121 hp)
Rope Dragon
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-58 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-58 hp) (confused, shell of succor) (-4 points of Strength & Constitution)

Everyone is up!


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 16

Fighting his way through clouded thoughts to rationality, Leon drops his weapon and moves away from it.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Can Galadhan see the drider on the ceiling? Just asking as I had a readied attack set to go off if so…


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku psychically transfers another spell to his sister.

Deliver Touch Spells 30 ft (Su) and imparting touch of gracelessness on Siiska


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska takes a swipe at the monster as the drider squeezes past her to escape higher into the shaft!

Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider, height advantage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 30
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 14
plus chill touch; 1d6 ⇒ 2 points of damage + creature also takes 1 point of Strength damage unless it makes a successful DC 14 Fort save

She suddenly feels a new infusion of power from her brother's magic, and jets higher into the shaft in pursuit of the monster!

Slam, GMF, H, IC, Haste vs. Drider: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 19
magic bludgeoning dmg, GMF, IC: 1d10 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 16
plus touch of gracelessness; 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 points of DEX dmg + if the subject moves more than half its speed, it falls prone; if the subject flies, its maneuverability is reduced by one step (perfect maneuverability becomes good, good becomes average, and so on). A successful DC 14 Fortitude save halves the penalty to Dexterity and negates the possibility of falling prone or the reduction to fly maneuverabilities.

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 86

Nyx casts Slumber on either Leon He is currently closer to Nyx but I am not sure that counts his moving away from his dropped weapon or Farrar. Ether way DC 20 will save.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

I moved Leon on the map after I dropped his sword, so he probably is the closest one. Just in case:

Will vs Sleep: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 - as long as he doesn't take a coup de grace, failing here is probably a good thing.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

My thoughts. If you would have made that save you likely would have killed Nyx.


Ezkurian cast Dimension Door to the floor above, just to alleviate any confusion. Still waiting on Farrar to post!

851 to 900 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.