GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


901 to 950 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Screaming incoherently the bard swings his sword at the nearest target...

Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Galadhan isn't able to line up a shot before Ezkurian blinks away from existance.

Nyx sees an enemy in the large paladin Leon and (successfully) puts the brute to sleep!

Akku has a trick up his sleeve! He powers up his sister as Siiska flies up the well to attack! But in her haste, she overestimates her flying ability, jettying up a little too high and misses her target.

Farrar moves closer to Nyx, completely sure the shaman is up to no good! But thankfully, the bard isn't that great with his weapon of choice and can't hit his target.

Ezkurian skitters back, away from the phantom Siiska (5 ft step away). Under his breath, Siiska hears an ancient incantation in Aklo and suddenly freezes in place!

Siiska must make a DC 23 Will save or become paralyzed and freeze in place (which means she will fall ~60 feet to the floor below). As a full round action, she can attempt a new save.

-------------

[u]Round 7[/u]

Buffs: Haste and Inspire Courage active.

Actions needed: Siiska needs a DC 23 Will save or become paralyzed/freeze in place.

Farrar (-53 hp) (confused)

Ezkurian (-124 hp)
Rope Dragon
-red

Galadhan (-5 hp)
Nyx (-58 hp) (confused, barkskin, false life, magic circle against evil)
Akku (shell of succor)
-Siiska[/b] (shell of succor, hateful aura)
Leon (-58 hp) (confused, shell of succor) (-4 points of Strength & Constitution) (asleep)

Everyone is up! Due to Confusion, Leon must attack Nyx (if he wakes up) and Nyx must attack Farrar.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Zzzzz...

I guess I'm holding my turn in case I get woken up?


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska begins to freeze...

Will DC 23, Devotion: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 4 = 18

Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius in effect; causes 3 pts. of dmg to anyone attacking the spiritualist or the phantom.

≈=============

On her turn she tries to break out!

Will DC 23, Devotion: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 4 = 19


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku psychically hijacks his sister's senses.

Bonded Senses: as a standard action, a spiritualist can share the senses of her manifested phantom, hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, and feeling everything her phantom does. She can use this ability a number of rounds per day equal to her spiritualist level, but those rounds do not need to be consecutive.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 68
Farrar, still incoherent from the drider's spell, smashes his longsword into his leg, further wounding the bard.

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx uses his sleep hex on the bard. Dc 20 Will save or sleep


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

And Farrar drops off to sleep....


As Siiska freezes in place, paralyzed and unable to move, she quickly realizes that she has a long way to fall! Akku takes over her senses and sees a brief glimpse of a drider on his last legs - Ezkurian is breathing heavily and bleeding profusely.

From where she is, Siiska would fall 60 feet when she becomes paralyzed due to Hold Monster.

Galadhan can quickly move to under the well and shoot an arrow up (assuming he has a range of ~60 feet) as Ezkurian glances back down the well.

I'll give Galadhan / Akku one more turn to blast Ezkurian who is 60 ft above, but I'll give him some cover. There are two more rounds of Confusion left, but we are out of combat. If Galadahan/Akku can hit an AC of 25 + 4 (cover), then Ezkurian dies. If not, then Ezkurian escapes.

Once Ezkurian is dead/flees AND Confusion is dealt with:

You search the room. The room contains an alchemical lab and assorted alchemical reagents that are worth a total of 2000 gp but weigh 250 lbs altogether.

The rod that Ezkurian dropped is a rod of withering.

The rope out of the well is also no longer there as it was cut by a rope dragon. How do you get out?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 63

Nyx hurts himself Punch to the face: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Nyx acts normally (finally!) and begins to heal people up.

Note that Nyx has the fly hex and is currently levitating so getting out and replacing a rope should be trivial.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

When it drops down to cast, Galadhan will fire at the drider…

To Hit Mods: BAB+Dex, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Flurry of Blows, Deadly Aim, Haste, IC
Damage Mods: Magic, Strength, Weapon Specialization, PBS, Deadly Aim, IC

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 34
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 19

Magic Longbow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 25
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 18


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

As Galadhan kills the monster, Siiska breaks out of the hold monster and flies to tie the two ends of the cut rope together.


Once Ezkurian dies, the Pathfinders manage to rummage around. They discover this room to be Ezkurian's laboratory! Various vials and tubes scatter throughout the room.... but also various torture instruments - magical, physical, and alchemical - that weaken the mind and loosen the tongue. Examining all the equipment in the room, you realize the assorted alchemical reagents are worth 2000 gp but weigh 250 lbs altogether.

And suddenly the Pathfinders remember... currently strapped to one of the torture tables is a prisoner - Artis. She's unconscious but seemingly alive. One of Aiyana's allies and a staunch opponent of the Reborn.

Even with waking her up, she is too tired to speak and reveals nothing you already didn't know.

For Ezkurian's gear, you find a rod (needs Spellcraft check) and a spellbook with all his spells (I can list them if you want). He does not have anything else of value on him.

Please roleplay how you get the prisoner Artis out. Also how do you get the alchemical gear out/who is carrying it? I will likely need a Strength check or something if someone carries Artis/alchemical gear out.

Also feel free to do any more shopping/upgrading gear. You'll be fully rested after this.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Poor girl. Only the gods and that drider know what she has been through. Nyx will heal her wounds and then use a Lesser Restoration which can restore ability damage and will remove fatigue. We are here to help. he says. You are among friends and your tormentor is dead.

Lesser Restoration, if ability damage has been done.: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Heal Check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Nyx has a full Restoration ready if that is needed.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

As far as carrying the valuable supplies here goes, Leon can probably manage that. His heavy burden is 520 lbs. I haven't recently looked at exactly how much weight he normally carries, but it's highly likely that an additional 250 lbs is under his carrying capacity at heavy. This assumes that someone else can carry/support Artis (assuming she still needs that after magical healing).


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Farrar helps out with his increased strength from the alter self spell. But other than that, he's a little worn out.


With recruiting Nomianna to your side, dealing with Shevarimarr, eliminating the Reborn ally Ezurkian, and rescuing Aiyana's servants/allies, there is only one more task: taking on the Reborn themselves.

Some things to remember: Shevarimarr has told you that the passphrase "Veilisendri lifts the veil" is used by new recruits of Reborn to gain safe access to Ancestor's Isle - the new headquarters of the Reborn.

Ancestor's Isle is location #6 on the map of Lyrudrada.

The Isle is located on an island in the middle of the lake of Lyrudrada. Procuring a boat is relatively easy, so finding a way to the island is not a problem. As the Pathfinders make their way to the island, they see a shantytown on the shores, with various types of caligni wandering around.

As the Pathfinders pull up to the docks, a vigilant patrol consisting of a Reborn officer and two Reborn commandos intercept you. "Hey! Stop right there!"

Assuming one of you gives the passphrase "Vilisendri lifts the veil", the Reborn lets you dock - unaware that you have been causing discord among the Reborn.

The moment the Pathfinders step foot on the isle, they all feel their eyes itch.

As noted in the Discussion thread, everyone may gain the Wretched Pain shadowbound corruption. You can either immediately accept it or you can attempt to resist it. You can attempt a DC 16 Will save to avoid gaining the corruption. But you must attempt a new save every minute with a cumulative -1 penalty for each minute of exposure. You will gain other corruptions as you move through the isle just fyi.

There are two options now: explore Ancestor Isle and gather information or attack the headquarters of the Reborn, known as the Foresaken Fane. Just know that some Reborn may know of some uplanders trying to fuddle up their plans.

What do you do?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku suggest a prudent course of action. "I know the weight of the last Cradle of Night is heavy on our shoulders, friends, but storming this castle without an army seems foolish. Surely some of the shanty town citizens have a beef against authority and may be helpful in sneaking us in yes? plus, Farrar looks authoritative and very important with that new rod... surely many residents will be stepping over each other to accommodate his inquiries..."


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Should we see if we can get a distraction? Allows us to sneak on by perhaps? Farrar agrees with Akku's idea, and unless someone objects, will begin orating and gathering up some shanty town citizens and inquiring about what's going on before whipping up a distraction crowd.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku whispers to Farrar, "Maybe we ask around subtly instead of drawing too much attention to us... I'm sure your amazing social skills can no doubt pass us off as merchants visiting the area. Perhaps inquire about how to get the proper permits or authorization to trade with the castle's leadership? the kind of bureaucratic stuff anyone would have to go through to setup shop in town?"

You all notice Akku suddenly excited about the prospect of perhaps doing some administrative work...


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

"It might be risky, but we'd be better off continuing on to our goal," says Leon. "This whole place feels wrong, and we shouldn't remain here longer than needed."

Resist Corruption (DC 16): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


The Pathfinders decide to ask around the shanty town for more information. Most of the citizens are caligni, but there are a few others: a handful of drow huddle together, a gnome cooking with a large pot of stew, a cloaked female human sharpening her blade.

What the Pathfinders learn is that this shanty town is new and every single member is part of the Reborn. Ancestor Isle was a sacred site that no one lived on - taboo to live on in fact. But the Reborn took the isle not too long ago. With that came their followers - only about 100 right now (but more every day) and set up a disorganized shanty town. Each and every creature here is zealously in line with the Reborn cult.

Luckily, none seem to know about you guys - perhaps the leadership hasn't told their followers about some uplanders. Farrar asks about getting into the Foresaken Fane, which twitches some ears. "Only the elite are allowed in there. There's no way they'd let you in," one caligni answers. None seem willing to help.

There are some commandos and officers huddled around camp fire/caldroun eating some stew. They may know of a way in as they are higher rank. But the chances of one of them knowing about you is quite a bit higher.

hours: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The whole process takes 3 hours. Which means the DC against the corruption is now a Will Save of 180.

Do you guys talk with the reborn officers/commandos or do some scouting of the Foresaken Fane?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar takes one look at the commandos and shakes his head in the negative, he pulls back behind the nearest building with the others, Okay, this isn't going according to plan, but neither have we been discovered, so there's that. I suspect the more informed ones over there will recognize us, and I'd rather not start a fight in the midst of shantytown Reborn Isle edition. Should we just scout around on our own first then try to make our way in all sneaky-like?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Can you make friends with one of them Farrar? They could then just take us in as guests..."


The map is updated to give you a sense of what the Forsaken Fane looks like, if you hadn't noticed. The Reborn you've been talking to refer to it like a sacred/religious site almost but give you a general description. If you decide to talk to the commandos/officers, gimme a Diplomacy check (though they may recognize you). If you decide to scout the Fane out, gimme a stealth check or something similar.


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Even if we have the skills to talk to the commandos, it has a good chance of starting a fight in the middle of town, which would be bad. Leon would rather scout. Also, I'm not going to try to make 100+ natural 20 saving throws.

Assuming shadowy conditions
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Sounds like the charm person / diplomacy method is not what the party wants; therefore...

Akku approaches Galadhan asks him if he'd like to scout on the group's behalf.

If so, he casts fly and invisibility on him (10 min each, more if we use a rod of lesser extend if there is one in the party)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods to Akku. ”Aye, that I can do; I suck at talking…”

The Elf sneakily scouts around the perimeter, looking for a way in…

Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Add +20 to stealth due to invisibility


As Galadhan sneaks up, sticking to the shadows (and his invisibility), he gets a closer look at what's ahead of them. The fane is carved out of a massive stone column that rises to the cavern's ceiling hundreds of feet above. Approaching from the east or west is impossible too as solid stone surrounds the fane. The only way to the fane is from the south.

Two curtain walls block the only entrance - though they have not fared well with the passage of time and many sections show signs of recent, hasty repair. These walls are 40 feet high and the towers are 60 feet tall.

Outside of digging through solid stone into the fane, there seems to be one entrance: the main gate.

Atop each tower are giant ballistae (giant crossbows) and Galadhan sees several of these currently manned by several caligni. More ballistae flank the main gate, manned by two giants. And in front of the gate are two more caligni joined by a large floating skeleton like creature, not unlike the one you fought in the Sadist Spires. It surely is a kill zone.

Everyone seems on high alert - perhaps rumor of uplanders asking questions in the slums have trinkled their way into the fane and they are preparing for an inevitable attack.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Still moving stealthily, Galadhan will look for any signs of tracks that might alert him to another way in…

Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17


Only one way in: from the south. Or drilling through solid stone

Galadhan does notice remnants of an ancient gate which would have fortified the fane even more and protected the courtyard - but it has not been replaced in hundreds of years. This place is solidly protected. One way in, one way out.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx tries his best to resist the corruption as he would have had no way to know it was not resistible. In the end he is able to resist only 10 minutes, despite his strong will.

Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Pass DC 16
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 Pass DC 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Pass DC 18
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Pass DC 19
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Pass DC 20
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 Pass DC 21
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 Pass DC 22
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 Pass DC 23
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28 Pass DC 24
Will Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Fail DC 25

I can use a Burrow spell to get myself in but that will not help the rest of you. Nyx notes. Given time I could Stone Shame a way in for us. I can shape 20 cubit feet of stone per casting. If we could somehow know the right place to enter that could work.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan returns and shrugs. ”Only…one…way…in…”


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

I think you posted on top of my post Galadhan. Nyx is offering a possible second way in.


To get into the fane by burrowing or stone shaping... the stone is hundreds, if not thousands of feet thick.

If you look at the map here, the Forsaken Fane is indicated by the red circle I added in the center of Ancestor's Isle. Coming from the north, you'll have to go through hundreds of feet of solid rock. Coming from SW or SE, it's a smaller distance, but there are huts/shacks nearby and risk detection by patrols.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar listens to Galadhan's survey of the Forsaken Fane, and shakes his head in the negative. I think Akku's got a better plan, this place is made for shedding armies, not just the six of us. Doesn't seem like there's a solid approach where we wouldn't be seen and then the whole place comes down on us. Why don't we go 'convince' those commandos to bring us in as prisoners, and then let us free within the confines of the building. We get past the defenses in the open, and then we're not alerting them to a hostile threat?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16
GM Mauve wrote:

To get into the fane by burrowing or stone shaping... the stone is hundreds, if not thousands of feet thick.

If you look at the map here, the Forsaken Fane is indicated by the red circle I added in the center of Ancestor's Isle. Coming from the north, you'll have to go through hundreds of feet of solid rock. Coming from SW or SE, it's a smaller distance, but there are huts/shacks nearby and risk detection by patrols.

[ooc]I never suggested coming in from the North. If we could get up next to the wall on the left side of the map Nyx coukld certainly shape a passage there. But we and/or the passage might be seen. Perhaps an illusion could mask the passage? [I still like it better than up the middle. /ooc]


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"Definitely getting us in and out of sight of the kill zone defenders would be wise. We could then quietly and quickly take care of interior defenders one room at a time, with a few careful applications of Nyx or Farrar's silence spells in the the hallways so that sound from our battles do not carry through the stone halls. I agree Farrar should convince them to take us in as prisoners. You can even declare we're surrendering and are offering our help to their leadership effective immediately. The signs of our shadow corruption are evident by now," he adds, pointing as his milky white eyes, and says "Surely this will help convince them of our sudden 'change of heart' yes?"

Charm Person lasts hours, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a buddy for the entire trip inside. I don't think we need to fight our way through every single room either. I'm in favor of 'getting an audience' with the leadership and bypassing several encounters if that's a possibility offered by the module. If that's not possible, at least getting us 'in' then doing the room by room method, even if that means we must 'handle' our new guide subsequently, appears a better solution than the brute force kill zone attack. The room by room method could also allow us to double back and take the ballista towers from the inside, if that's something some of you feel we must do to secure our exit.


The map does a pretty poor job of it, but you have to come from the south - the whole area is enclosed by rock. The only entrance to the area is the giant red arrow (where the remnants of an old/destroyed gate used to be). Also, Galadhan saw several sentries walking up and down the walls/towers.

Drew a few arrows on the map for possible routes. Digging through stone via the light blue arrow: about 100-200 feet and a high chance of being seen at the start. Digging through stone via the light green arrow: about 30 feet and a chance of being seen at start and at end of tunnel but avoid kill box. Red arrow: no digging, avoid worst of kill box, but could be seen by sentries. Yellow arrow: kill zone! But with charm person, may be able to get in.

Do any of those work? If Nyx is going to dig, please give me some stealth checks. If you are going to do the charm person route, give me some appropriate checks.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"If Nyx decides to dig, I can cover the excavation with a fog cloud that'll last more than an hour and a half... Nyx: once we're through, can you close the hole behind us?"

There's also obscuring mist which lasts only 10 minutes but moves with the caster I believe...


@Nyx, I don't see the spells Burrow nor Stone Shape on your character sheet. Is it a special ability that I'm not seeing? If so, feel free to use it and place your pawns on the map.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

I can get spells like a cleric. It is true that I do not have them currently memorized. A thought I had after posting the idea of stone shaping a way in is that Nyx would likely not have the specif knowledge of the fortress to be able to choose the right spot to tunnel. So unless the party actually that detailed layout I'd say that option is off the table.


You probably wouldn't have a detailed layout - more of a general gist of the Fane. Are you guys going to try Charm Person? Or how are you guys planning on advancing?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Yes let's do that! charm person please. Other methods seem to have unknown variables...


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

How many commandos at that grouping? I may have a plan!


Commandos: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Officers: 1d3 ⇒ 3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar grumbles, but says, Okay, try to follow my lead... as he steps out approaching the group of 'elite' Reborn, Greetings gentles, I'm wondering if you may assist me and my companions here, see, we're a little lost and hopefully esteemed folks like yourselves can assist us? No, no, no need to get up, maybe just hear me out for a moment...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38

If that doesn't go well, he'll continue speaking to Fascinate 4 of them Will save DC 20 v 4 of them, three officers and one commando

He strums his mandolin, as his sing-song voice carries out over the crowd of Reborn, seeking the highest ranking officer Do not trouble yourselves, we'll just be here enjoying the day. Say, why don't we take a more private conversation, just us and you. You won't need these soldiers about, let's make this more intimate? Perhaps we can accompany you into the Foresaken Fane and answer some questions?

Suggestion on the ranking officer, Will save v DC20, potentially at a +1 or 2 if this is a reasonable request.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

@GM: I’m assuming there’s ample areas of dim light (or darker) here where Galadhan could use stealth? Just want to have a contingency to create a distraction, if things go south here…

901 to 950 of 1,079 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.