GM Mauve's Cradle of Night (1e) (Inactive)

Game Master MauveAvengr

Maps and Info

Current Date: Sunday, 6 Kuthona 4718

Loot Sheet


551 to 600 of 1,079 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Are we retaking Aiyana's home? if so, how can we leave enemies behind? just curious, as I don't remember the plot anymore...


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

That seemed weird to me as well, especially if we assume they belong to the Reborn. If the combat can be handwaved, I'd vote for attacking them. Or if the bad guys run away that's sufficient.

Leon's Perception is very bad in a typical paladin way. Let's just explore the rest of the mansion going south first through all the rooms clockwise through the house, though. Don't take Aiyana's stuff but nab everything else.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Agree. Will level up now.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Sounds like a plan, Take 20 in a clockwise manner around the house once we've determined if we have to do the fights or can just chase them off?


Yeah, the combat is only CR 6. So if you want to fight them, just roleplay it out - we don't have to roll initiative or anything.

Akku (and everyone else) - a reminder of the story. The Reborn are a cult that managed to gain control of an artifact called The Cradle of Night (Part 1). You recently came to the city of Lyrudrada to track it down. Aiyana heard her house was taken over by the Reborn and had asked you to help secure it.

Also note, there were two patrols that were patrolling the outside. You only destroyed one of them, while the other patrol likely got away. Aiyana may have her house back, but will it be safe? Reinforcements may come if you take too long here (i.e. there may be a time crunch).

Labelled each room. Will describe them below. If you are taking 20 in each room, please let me know. I'll omit stuff that requires a perception check for now.

Room 1:
Once a spacious dining hall, this room has been converted into a kennel. Two once-fine tables and an assortment of chairs and benches have been turned into gnawed wrecks. The tapestries and banners that once adorned the walls have been torn down and left in tangled piles. A statue in one corner depicts a dark stalker of noble bearing but bears many scratches and stains.

Room 2:
This large hall is richly decorated with murals, decorative tapestries, marble columns, and a high seat carved of jade - green stone. Two statues carved to resemble tall dark folk encased in full armor with open-faced great helms flank the grand entrance. The floor contains intricate mosaics showing underground scenes of triumphant dark folk armies, strange subterranean beasts, surface folk being led in chains, and shadowy gods looking on from above.

Room 3:
An empty weapon rack stands against the eastern wall, with two messy cots next to it.

You find two suits of +1 studded leather

Room 4:
This chamber is austere, holding only three bunks and their adjacent footlockers.

One one bunk is a scroll of terrible dark folk poetry called The Ode to the Owb. Each footlocker holds a haphazard assortment of well-used whetstones, spare boots, a few saved rations, and other odds and ends, including a total of 13 gp, and a bloodstone worth 80 gp. [/ooc]

Room 5:
These are the kitchen, cook's room, butler's room, and butler's pantry. There are some valuabes in these rooms, but likely were looted from the cook and/or butler.

The pantry (behind the secret door) has not been found by the caligni here. In it, there is a wine rack holding five bottles of fine drow wine worth 40 gp each. A wooden chest here contains 20 gp, 24 pp, a potion of fly, a ring of climbing, a scroll of daybreak arrow, and a wand of daylight (23 charges). A clay jar holds a potion of ablative barrier and 20 smoke pellets.

Room 6:
These are the servants' common area, their quarters, the chamberlain's quarters, and storage.

In the common area, evidence of a half-finished game of dominoes using onyx dominoes with tiny pearl pips is evident, with 27 gp in bets.

In the chamberlain's quarters, in a drawer jammed shut, is two vials of padzahr and a neatly folded courtier's outfit sized for a Medium creature.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

As it is 2 minutes to take 20 in each room I think that's worth doing. I'll leave the others to describe how we're going to wipe out the Reborn who are in the house.

Farrar points out the obvious loot belonging to the Reborn to his companions, and then asks Aiyana when they find the secret pantry, I assume this all belongs to you, correct? Are you willing to share any of this to aid us in regaining the Cradle of Night? he asks earnestly, not because he seeks her coin, but knowing that consumable resources could be invaluable in retrieving the artifact...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39


Why was I thinking taking 20 took 20 minutes! Assuming everyone is taking 20, here are some other things that you notice:

-In the north room, Nyx notices a tiny sponge delicately balanced on the pitcher.

-In Room 1 (the dining hall), among the gnawed bones and leavings of the mastiffs' meal is a bezoar that one of the mastiffs developed after eating a xorn. Mixed with the hair and hardened mud of this gut-stone are dozens of small carnelians worth a total of 165 gp.

-In the butler's room, you find a chest that contains 37 gp, 128 sp, an agate wroth 170 gp, a masterwork repeating heavy crossbow, and a potion of lesser restoration.

-In the pantry, there is a jar that contains thousands of rot grubs. Seems that if you touch it or jostle it, the jar will break.

--------

Aiyana nods at Farrar. "Yes, yes, of course. Those were likely Jeeve's - the Butler. I wonder what happened to him...". She is loathe to give up anything of value and/or a family heirloom though - like the pitcher or the onyx set of dominoes. Any consumable or gold you find, she will let you take.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku assists Leon, Alek and Galadhan in pursuing any enemy outside. After hunting down the patrol, he bids farewell to Alek, who has decided to go undercover with some disguise and try to root out where the other Reborn are hiding throughout the city.

"Do not hesitate to join back with us, if the task at hand becomes overwhelming. It is safe to say that we'll have Aiyana's estate well secured by then. Take care; be safe!"

Back at the estate, Akku waves away Aiyana's offer to keep the enemies' gold and baubles. "Use this to support your position in town, and buy the help you need to run such an estate... I will feel safer if we must leave you here, that you are at least accompanied by guards and loyal workers..."


Anyone else have some roleplaying they'd like to do? You also have Callivarius, the caligni you captured. She is currently in Aiyana's room, tied up. What are you planning on doing with her?

Aiyana nods. "Well, I think you will be safe here to rest and recover. But it will not be long before the Reborn realize I'm here and retaliate. You should safe here at least one night. What are we planning on doing with Callivarius?"

"And what are your next moves?" Aiyana questions. "I have some suggestions. There is a fey living in a flooded cavern just north of Lyrudrada named Nomianna. She may be able to provide advice - and her island might provide a safe haven for you if needed ... as I'm sure my house will unlikely remain secure for long."

Aiyana offers another suggestion: "There is a notorious information broker in Trader's Rift. If anyone can provide inside information about the Reborn and their doings, this Shevarimarr can - he is remarkably well informed about goings-on in the city. He is also an expert on matters regarding the Shadow Plane. I don't entirely trust him, but he is no friend of the Reborn so you should be safe there."

Another suggestion, "I'm concerned about the fate of any survivors of my estate - Jeeve's in particular. The fate of the Bleakshore Council too. I think some members of the Bleakshore Council have been captured, so I'd like to get to the bottom of it..."

She offers one last suggestion: "We could head straight to capture the Cradle of Night. But we really should gather intelligence and potential allies before we do."

You'll be able to rest the night here, but it's likely that in the next day or two, you wont be able to use the house again. What are your next steps? Any of the above appeal to you guys?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

I will council that we go and meet this fey. I like the idea of an Island and if we have to swing I can grant each of you Water Breathing for the trip.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods. ”Aye, I agree…”


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"...why do you think this fey can provide advice? d-do you know her? have you dealt with her b-before?"


Two votes for Nomianna, the fey. If there are no other votes, I'll go ahead and push out an update by the end of the day.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

voting for fey as well... just doing some RP/intel gathering


Aiyana points you in the direction of the seer Nomianna. The fey's island is in the north of Lyrudrada, north of Mudshore.

Location 3 on this map.

Aiyana tells you that most residents rarely visit Nomianna, except for advice or blessing. They consider Nomianna to be a powerful force of nature and her cavern to be a peaceful, sacred place. Aiyana has been there once before and met the fey.

Once the Pathfinders rest and make their way thru Mudshore, they find themselves at an icy lake - the island several hundred feet from the shore. A flat-bottomed coracle large enough to carry the party can be purchased for 25 gp or rented for 3 gp (or even stolen!).

Assuming you either purchase or rent the coracle, you manage to make it to the island.

The cavern beyond Lyrudrada's unkempt, bustling slums is breathtaking. Absolute silence and stillness reign under this vast stone dome. The cavern's vaulted ceiling, above a dark lake of perfectly smooth water, is alight with thousands of phosphorescent glowworms. Together, they resemble a starry sky, twinkling as the glowworms wriggle. The reflection of these twinkling lights upon the water gives the impression of floating through a sea of stars. A stone jetty extends from a small, rocky island in the lake's center.

As the group enters the cave, they find that it leads into a grotto at the island's center. The gentle splash of water echoes throughout the cave.

Map is updated.

What do you guys do here?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Before we depart

Aiyana, are you coming with us? If not will you be safe here? And can you help prepare us for this meeting? What manner of fey is Nomianna? Should we bring a gift, and if so what does she like?


"I am not staying at my manor no. It's not safe - reinforcements are likely to come back.". She shakes her head. "I'll come if you need me, but I want to connect with some folks here in Lyrudrada to see what they know. I should be safe with them."

"As for Nomianna, I went to her as a child with my parents. All I know and remember is that she's a beautiful woman, but has sullen eyes that seem to weep."

"And I know she's no friend of the Reborn. As long as she knows that, she should treat you fairly."

Any other preparation? Once you are in her cave, how do you approach?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil
GM Mauve wrote:

Some pretty nice rolls!

The spirit gets pummeled by the group. Though this ghostly apparition laughs manically as each Pathfinder connects, it slowly loses power until it *pops* out of existence. The lance the spirit holds clatters down to the ground as the room grows eerily quiet.

** spoiler omitted **

The Pathfinders scour the rest of the room. Some valuables they find include: a masterwork composite shortbow (+4 strength), two masterwork daggers, a masterwork longsword, a masterwork spear, a masterwork trident, five bejeweled necklaces, three thick silver rings carved with stylized tree symbols, and three carved opals (depicting a mounted horselord, a rampaging hill giant, and a fire drake).

Go ahead and roll Appraise for the necklaces, the rings, and the opals.

** spoiler omitted **

Found another one... will need values on these; there's another post earlier about the shock tridents but I don't think it had anything else. Cheers!


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon favors a direct approach in Nomianna's cavern. "If we are seen as skulking about, it will only cause more difficulty. Let us go meet her."


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar agrees with Leon, Direct approach sounds good to me as well. Let's see how this goes...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Galadhan nods but he’ll hang back in the shadows, bringing up the rear, keeping alert while covering his companions from stealth…

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39


As the group makes their way into Nomianna's lair, they spot several glowworms wriggling around all around them, lighting up the dim cavern. Heading south, they cross over a graceful, natural stone bridge that arches over a small stream connecting a hidden pool to the larger lake surrounding the island.

As they enter Nomianna's Gallery, they notice that the stony chamber contains several elegant ridges of stone that appear too delicate to have formed naturally, yet they remain unmarked by tools or other evidence of workmanship. To the west, the chamber drops off sharply into a pool below. Here too, several glowworms illuminate the cavern.

Galadhan looks around the room, but sees no one - Nomianna does not appear to be somewhere visible.


What do you guys do here?


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku's recent shopping spree and careful scribing of the party's finances had somehow invigorated him. From where stemmed such a love of clerical work and attention to minutiae he did not know, but thanked the Goddess for it.

Now that he was out in the open again, he could not help take a deep breath and take in the beauty of these stone formations. Or were they scupltures? he slowly let his mind drift to psychically attune his eyes to another layer of reality, so that he could see beyond the light of the glow worms and the shadow plays of the obvious realms, and see what is typically unseen.

Using his new daily spell-like ability of see invisibility

With his newfound sight of things hidden, he also briefly touched one of the numerous blue crystals adorning his mindscape to allow himself to sense if any magic was also before them.

Also casting detect magic as he is walking around, marveling at the stones

Stopping by a particularly beautiful stone formation, he asks the silent empty air of the caves, "Phe-remlit lovietter demant marh-vell phriteis umana akaj Jatalm? Reta rema lina-ina lisphemda?"

Sylvan:
"May we linger here to admire your work friend? Would you talk with us?"


Akku doesn't seem to sense any magic in the room, nor see any invisible creatures. But as he finishes speaking, a voice booms throughout the room.

"I do not speak the language of my kind.". Everyone can now see glimpses of a creature running behind the statues and simply hiding behind them.

"I don't see many surface dwellers down here. If you're with the Reborn, this must be some elaborate trick.". Her voice is strangely smooth.

"If you wish to speak to me, please keep your distance. Only then will I come out to speak with you."

Please adjust your character on the map to where you stand. You'll likely need a Diplomacy check here. So choose someone to roll and everyone can then Aid if they wish. If/when she comes out, you can also roll a Knowledge (nature) check to ID the type of fey she is.


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Farrar steps forward? and slightly away from his companions, No, we are not with the Reborn. Nomianna, we come to seek you and your aid against the Reborn. We have pursued them far from our homelands where they stole a powerful artifact, the Cradle of Night, which would aid them in their attempts to seize power in your belowground homeland. We seek advice, and a place of refuge while we attempt to recover this artifact and hopefully destroy it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22

Well, that's as bad as Farrar can do. Anyone want to help?


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Nyx will cast Water Breathing (20 minutes) on everyone but himself when the group first encounters deep water. Just a precaution. he adds.

When the group encounters the fey he complies with her request by sitting on the stones. My friend speaks the truth. The reborn are not our friends and we would stand with you against them.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku mentally cast telempathic projection on the main speaker to make him more appealing. +5 to diplomacy to main negotiator


HP 94/94 Temp 0 | Shadow Smite: 4/4, Lay on Hands 9/9, Pearl of Power I & II | Init: +3 | AC 23, touch 12, flat 21, CMD 27 | Archon's Aura, Effortless Armor, Paladin's Sacrifice, Hero's Defiance, Lesser Restoration

Leon's mini on the map seems to have some sort of golden ball attached to it. Not sure what that is.

"We will do as you ask. We only wish to talk."

Diplomacy to assist: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29


Nomianna does not come out, instead preferring to stay behind her statues.

Using Farrar's Diplomacy check as he has the highest modifier.

"I have my own fight against the Reborn, surface dwellers. And that fight does not include you.". Everyone catches a glimpse of a figure dashing between statues.

After a few moments, Nomianna steps out. She is the most beautiful creature, but her sullen eyes form tears that puddle beneath her delicate feet.

Picture of Nomianna here

DC 17 Knowledge (nature):

Nomianna is a lampad. Her beautiful appearance can normally confuse her enemies (but she has temporarily suppressed this ability for your sake).

"I do believe you, but I do not trust you. Unfortunately, that means I will not aid you in your fight. If our paths cross again, perhaps I will change my mind. But for now, I cannot help."

Unfortunately just changed her attitude to Indifferent, even with all the Aids.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Did you include Akku's +5 via telempathic projection?


Yes. To change her attitude from Unfriendly to Friendly is 32. Check was 22+2+5+2=31. So her attitude is just Indifferent now.


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"W-we will respect your choice. Aiyana told us that you were wise and that she used to come to you as a child. Maybe you can share with us some wisdom b-before we depart? We are indeed strangers in these lands, and we find working against The Reborn, as my friends said, a foe that we do not know anything about. But if you do not want to talk more, I understand, and I will call the spirit of my sister for a-advice, if that's ok... sometimes she helps me make hard decisions... or light the way when I cannot see..."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Zen Archer 6 / Shadowdancer 2 / Ranger 2| HP: 81/81| AC:19 T:19 FF: 12| CMB:10 CMD:30 | Saves F:+11 R:+15 W:+7 (+2 vs enchant) | Init:+9 | Per: +16 | Ki: 4/4

Sorry, for some reason, my profile wasn’t showing new posts here…if it’s not too late…

Knowing he’s the worst talker in the group but seeing things not going well, Galadhan gives his trademark shrug. ”You may not trust us, m’Lady…and we may not trust you…but helping each other against a common foe is more reward than risk methinks. As the old adage goes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend…

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Nomianna strokes her chin as tears continue to pool at her feet.

"Hmm. Perhaps there is something you can do for me first. There are creatures in the pool up there. They arrived yesterday sometime. I don't know what they are, but they are threatening my sanctuary with their presence. If you could take care of them and not sully my pool, I am willing to let you stay here."

If you agree to deal with these creatures, I'll go ahead and set up things after work.


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

I would be pleased to help you Nomianna. Can you explain what it means to sully your pool?


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Knowledge, Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Thank you Nomianna, you will see that we're trustworthy, and your help is most appreciated! He bows, and waits for her to fill in an answer to Nyxis' question.


"It's my own personal sanctuary, where I go to meditate and swim. I don't know what those creatures are nor what they want. I just want them gone - without defiling my sanctuary."


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"She means don't kill them while they're in the pool, so that there are no guts, blood and offal floating in her pool, I think..."


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

The ensuing silence being deafening, Akku adds, "...well... maybe... I'm not sure... anyway, if we must draw creatures out of Nomianna's pool, I think my sister could help... maybe she could act all defenseless and sad? not sure if she would mind being the bait, but if it means beating them up afterwards, I think she may be interested... what say you, Siiska?"

The last question is spoken to the empty air to his left, and hangs there for a while, reverberating against the nearby stones...


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

The air shimmers for several moments, and half-seen glimpses of a small girl blink in and out of view, accompanied by half-spoken words and ghostly growls of frustration. After approximately one minute, she appears fully, declaring "....cking place is this?! HA! I made it! YESSSSSS! FINALLY! A-BOUT-TIME!!! Try to focus more next time, BROTHER!!! the journey here hurts like Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhell! what? who this chick? what's her deal? should I umbrella-smack her up the head, hey?"


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

"N-n-no... no! sister! do not harm her! she is a friend, and we have promised to get rid of some creatures for her. We are about to go see what they are and what we can do about them. If they are some kind of lower life form, do you mind being the bait and pretending you're helpless? we will not be far behind you. ONLY if it comes down to th-that, I mean..."


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska seems initially offended, but then begin to smile evilly. "ONLY if you promise that I'll hit them. I'll only be the bait if I can HIT THEM! OK???!?!!??!"


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku nods, and mentally places three psychic spells on her.

mage armor, greater magic fang, chill touch 9/9


The Pathfinders make their way to the northern part of the cave to investigate the creatures for Nomianna.

Initiative:

Akku: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Aleksander: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Farrar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Galadhan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Leon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Nyxis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

enemy 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
enemy 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

GM Screen:

???: 1d20 ⇒ 12

DC 15 Perception check:

You spot three creatures clinging on to the northern walls over the edge of the pool. It's a Dungeoneering check to ID these creatures. They look hungry. (I'll add them to the map once spotted). To get into melee with them, you'll need to climb the wall.

DC 26 Perception + See Invisibility (use same check as above):

You spot two more (invisible creatures) standing guard just north of you. It will be a Planes check to ID these creatures.

----------------

[u]Round 1[/u]

Aleks
Galadhan
Farrar
Leon
Nyx
Akku
-Siiska

Everyone is up! You don't see any obvious creatures!


Male Human (Varisian) Bard 10 HP: 71/71 AC 21, T 12, FF 19. Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +8, Init +2, Perc +6 Active effects: Heightened Awareness +2 perc

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Knowledge, Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Farrar points with his crossbow at the critters stuck to the wall, sharing out what quickly comes to mind about them. He begins immediately singing and inspiring courage in his allies, and snaps a crossbow bolt at one of the creatures.

Arcane Strike, IC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Arcane strike, IC: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male NG duskwalker spiritualist 10 | HP 63/63 TEMP 33/33 | AC 22 T 15 FF 19| Shadowbound Corruption | CMB +11, CMD 25 | F:+12, R:+10, W:+15; +6 vs mind-aff; +2 vs. neg. enrgy, death effects, spells/Su of undead and sahkils, immune to all effects that would turn his body or soul into undead | Init: +2| Perc: +11, SM: +19; darkvision 90ft. | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 1/4 4th 2/2 | Ghst Hntr 3/3 Bnded Mnfstn 13/13 Phtm Rcll 2/2 Clm Sprt 1/1 SeeInv 1/1 Frmrly Mnd-Swpd 1/1 WCLW 39| Buffs: hste, flslf, hrsm, s.invis, antitx/plg, pro vs. evil

Akku Perception, H: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9 See Invisibility in effect

Despite Farrar's indication, Akku cannot spot the well-hidden creatures. He backs up behind Leon and motions to Siiska to back off.

Move action and total defense; AC 26


Female NG outsider (phantom) | HP 68/68 | AC 29 T 15 (19 vs. incorporeal) FF 25 | DR 5/slashing and DR 10/magic | Hateful Aura 10 ft. radius (swift; 4dmg to anyone attacking Siiska or Akku) | CMB +8, CMD 24 | F: +12, R: +14, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +15, SM: +2; darkvision 60ft. | Speed 30ft | Hatred Focus, Ectoplasmic Form | Active conditions: heroism, mage armor, greater magic fang, pro vs. evil

Siiska nods and smiles, enacting the plan they had talked about, and pretends to fall on the ground, skinning her knee.

"OUCHIE! ...WAAAAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAA! *sniff, sniff* ....WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Move; falls prone as a free action; pretend as a standard action


Male Undine shaman (witch doctor) 10 HP: 73+29/73 AC 21, T 11, FF 18. Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +16, Init +3, Perc +22 , Darkvision 60', Sense Motive +16

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

Nyx sees the three creatures but cannot identify them. Hwe casts Magic Circle of Protection vs evil on himself.


Farrar recognizes these as tentamorts - aberrations. Not very smart (1 INT), they are able to reach out with their long tentacles (10 ft reach) to sting (damage + poison) or grab (damage + grab + constrict) you. They are not evil, but looking very very hungry.

Added them to the map. Note that Yellow and Blue are on the ceiling (25 ft up) and Red is on the wall (20 ft up).

Galadhan and Leon are up!

1 to 50 of 1,079 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mauve's Cradle of Night All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.