JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Game Master JohnnyBlack

Goblin Attack!
The new cathedral consecration ceremony gets interrupted by a surprise goblin attack!
Combat Map


1 to 50 of 430 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Nerd 11

The woman and the man lie in the almost darkness of their bedroom. She quietly and slowly rises from the bed. She is naked, and she is beautiful as an angel, white hair on white skin.
But her eyes are red, smoldering with hate and fury.
She kneels before an unholy altar with the figure on a pregnant humanoid monster in the middle and starts praying silently.
Her scream wakes up the man, a half-elf with strange tian features. He looks in horror as her arm starts to boil and mutate as if rotting of burning with no apparent reason. He stands frozen, not knowing what to do.
After a minute the arm is no longer human. A demonic claw now protrudes from a monstrous appendage.
The woman smiles savagely under her tears.
"She has blessed me! It is time to make the burnt offering to her! Now it is time to destroy Sandpoint!"
She starts to laugh maddingly.

=================================================

@Anton Chauvelle: As he is not pressed about money, Anton decides to find a good group of traveling Varisians, and drink his way up the Lost Coast. Good times.
There are two groups of Varisians that seem promising. One has three wagons, they are about 15 people, and seems very "musically inclined". There are a couple of pretty varisian girls there, but they seem very... chaste... at first sight. They have small children too, so maybe the party options are somewhat limited.
On the other hand, there is a small group of 6 varisians too. And 2 of those are very beautiful ones that seem, at first glance, "receptive" to a foreigner joining them. They all are young, fit and already a little drunk. They seem to travel light, with no carts or wagons, carrying all they need on their persons.
Anton goes into "party mode". Now he has to choose his crowd.

=================================================

@Anton Ionescu: Still a little bit hungover after your goodbye party with your old comrades, you quickly find job guarding a noble going to Sandpoint. He seems a nice enough fellow, by the name Aldern Foxglove. He provides you with a horse for you to escort him (he will ride too), as well as 5 sp for your services as "valet" (whatever that is) and bodyguard.
"Unless is one of those beauties..." - he says eyeing a couple of varisian women that will make the voyage too.
First, you think you know what kind of woman they are, and yes, your employer is the kind of man that they like to "accompany" on the nights of long voyages, for a price, of course.
You can't say you approve but it is too frequent for it to bother you.
But wait... one of those women. Is that Nan?
Nan, the girl you used to play as a child in Sandpoint?
But you return to reality when Aldern starts talking to a pretty Varisian woman.
- "My name is Aldern Foxglove. And I love to have beautiful women attending me on my trips. May I ask your name?"
She doesn't seem like a "professional". But that, sometimes, is the way to know she is VERY professional.
You can add the 5 sp to your founds. Will you look for the woman, and see if it is the girl you think she is? What has become of her, anyway? And yes, the woman Aldern is talking to is Etna.

=================================================

@Delin Chiri: One book, or more exactly, one piece of a book. That was all you needed. The theories and ideas in it were short of the work of a genius. Most of the things that don't make sense about Thassilon he analyzes as if he knew. As if he understood them. But the book was very damaged (and it seems damaged on purpose), and you were told the only way to find it completely was looking for the author, which is still alive and living in Sandpoint. Brodert Quink.
That is why you find yourself walking alongside all of these people, which seems are going for a cathedral consecration while ignoring all the history under their feet.
Wait, is that Ulfen in the caravan you arrived into Magnimar?
You only know Lief by sight, and you are traveling by yourself for now. We can roleplay how you meet, and interact, with the others.

=================================================

@Etna Venus Van Ash: You arrive at the caravan looking for work, and a couple of minutes after you start looking, you find something. He looks rich, he has a wide smile, and he is attractive. Young, but not too young. Worldly, but not too worldly. Rich, but not too rich. You have had dreams with nobles like him.
- "My name is Aldern Foxglove. And I love to have beautiful women attending me on my trips. May I ask your name?"
His guard, a young varisian, quickly turns to eye you suspiciously.
Is it your choice if you want to work for Aldern or not, and the "extent" of your services to him. And yes, the Guard is Anton Ionescu, not that Etna knows him.

=================================================

@Lief Stoutspear: The job is simple. Whatever gets near the carriage, you kill it. No one, except for the old lady and the two old drivers, is to be allowed within 10 feet of it. Under any circumstance. 1 gold piece is waiting for you in Sandpoint if you all arrive there, on that condition. Easy.
What is in the carriage? Gold, probably. And some nobleman's virgin daughter, you imagine, as they take food in at regular intervals, and a pot out in the mornings.
Nothing that worries you too much.
And when you arrive at Sandpoint, well, your father once told you a history about a battle with some goblins there, where he saved Daviren Hosk's life. Maybe he can give you a job there.
You are getting well paid (but not too much). You are the only guard for the carriage that you are aware of. Whoever hired you (you didn't ask, they didn't tell) has money, but is cheap. You were given a horse for the journey.

=================================================

@Livia Taviskin: The Abbess calls you to her quarters. They are not like a cell of a cleric in other religions, with naked walls and grey ceilings. This one is filled with color and beauty. Drawings, music sheets, figurines... The home of a Shelyn follower.
"Sister Livia, thanks for coming. A new cathedral will be consecrated in the town of Sandpoint, and we would like you to go and sing at the ceremony. It is a long journey, but hardship makes for the most beautiful of art. One of the founding families of the town has made a big donation to us, and we want to answer his request. Please look for House Kaijitsu in Sandpoint, and give them our thanks."
As soon as in known she will go to Sandpoint, an extended family of Varisian travelers asks her to join them. They have three wagons, are little more than a dozen people, and are Shelyn followers.
You join them?

=================================================

@M'ara: Your "readings" have made an impact, and you even got a letter of recommendation addressed to Madame Mvashti, and elder Varisian woman of some fame living at Sandpoint, who, you are told, can help you improve "your act". In fact, the old varisian woman that gave you the letter implied that you could be able to do much more than just "pretend" to make readings, and that keep performing them "for a show" was a waste of your "real talents". They also referred you to caravan departing soon to Sandpoint (there seems to be a festival of sorts soon there, and many people are traveling in that direction) that she can join.
"The lost coast if not for traveling alone." - The woman tells you.
Shivi, later on, makes you know your future lies north. At Sandpoint.
So you join the caravan, not as a worker, but also not as a "passenger".

=================================================

@The Magician, Zomeraand: No one really interesting in the travel group. Varisian families, chelaxian nobles, a dumb city boy about to be robbed by some Sczarni women. Everything you expected to find on your first solo trip.
Except for her.
A half-elf, obviously... but not a "look at me I am so pretty" half-elf. She really looks intelligent. The book fragment she has doesn't seem old but is it damaged. She writes and writes as if her life depended on it.
Why is she going into Sandpoint? It is a mystery. Is it a mystery worth resolving?
Travelling by yourself, for now. We can roleplay how you meet, and interact, with the others.

=================================================

And we are on! Welcome to our adventure!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 1 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 10/10 l F +1 R +2 W +3 l Init +2 l Perc +1

”Excuse me,” Zomeraand says politely to the half-elven woman (Delin). ”I couldn’t help but notice the manner and intensity of your writing. Unless, I have missed my guess, you are engaged in some sort of research. I am also a scholar, and would be happy to share what knowledge I have on your subject or offer a second analysis, if you wish.”

He sits down near her and steeples his inked-stained hands before him In businesslike fashion. ”I am well-versed on a broad array of disciplines. What are you studying?”


HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

Lief is shocked by the instruction to kill anything that gets near the carriage, but he does his best to seem professional as he nods and mutters, ”Understood.”

He feels more comfortable with the horse than with the old woman who hired him and he takes some time to pet it, connect with it, and learn how it responds to commands before he climbs into the saddle. From the higher vantage point he can see other caravans preparing to head out along the same route and a bit of worry begins to take root.

if any of these other travelers draw near, is the old woman going to yell at them or will I have to be the jerk, I wonder...

It was my uncle, not my father, who told me stories about Sandpoint and Daviren Hosk.


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:

Lief is shocked by the instruction to kill anything that gets near the carriage, but he does his best to seem professional as he nods and mutters, ”Understood.”

It was my uncle, not my father, who told me stories about Sandpoint and Daviren Hosk.

"Well, the "kill" order is an exaggeration. The point is they don't want anything near it. Kick out will suffice unless you are attacked in turn. You get the gist of it. Got it, your uncle told you about it."


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Mar'a raised her face to the midday sun, a smile on her lips as the chaotic organizing of the caravan swirl about her.

Shivi alighted on her shoulder, and M'ara noticed one of the Varisian lasses gasp with alarm, "No need to be afeared, he's gentle with us...come and see." she says gently, coaxing the young woman over to scritch Shivi's neck.

As the young woman diverts her familiar, M'ara takes in her fellow caravaners, the large Ulfen guard, the body guard to the playboy noble, the nobles romantic target, the holy woman hiding among the Varisians, the two scholars talking, and the man eyeing up the Varisian ladies.

Who will be friends, lovers, enemies? Time and fate will tell.. she thinks to herself, then snorts at her thoughts mimicking the sort of things she's tell a goodwife during one of her 'readings'.

She smiles a the young varisian, now very comfortable with Shivi, and makes her way through the crowd, smiling at everyone in introduction.


Male Human Nerd 11
M'ara wrote:
She smiles a the young varisian, now very comfortable with Shivi, and makes her way through the crowd, smiling at everyone in introduction.

The young Varisian child (13 or 14 years old) that took Shivi calls you after a couple of minutes.

"Can we show your falcon to my family? My brother would love her! She is soooooo pretty!"
She points at a group of a little more than a dozen people, traveling on three wagons, the holy woman one of them.
Yes, the Varisian group where Livia is travelling.


Etna sees Aldern Foxgloveand thinks with both her foolish wisdom and thinking mind
"Seems too good, as if it's a dream.
And if something is too good to be true, something must be a miss somewhere,
Also likely already married, as the good ones go first."

How tall is Aldern Foxglove?


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:
How tall is Aldern Foxglove?

Aldern was a handsome man, with medium-length brown hair and fair skin. He could often be seen wearing fine clothes befitting the aristocracy of Magnimar, whether hunting or carousing with women. Those who had the pleasure of conversing with Aldern typically found him charming, well-read and were often entertained by his seemingly endless cache of stories about the high life in Magnimar.

Let's say tall enough for her. If you want a more specific number, you can choose.
Image 1
Image 2


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 1

Now that is a big woman. Lordling here better be careful. She's no fainting courtesan.

Anton says nothing, trying to be as invisible a third wheel as possible.


Etna being nearly a full head taller then Aldern Foxglove with his eyes being level with her collar bone.

Seems he's the type to flirt about, not something a motherly woman would want in their husband,
but then again given the way nobles are it should be expected.

Should I worry if he is married and his wife is the vengeful type ?.....

Rand: 1d20 ⇒ 12

"I'm Etna Van Ash, folks tend to call me Eva."

My Family's a mixed bag of blood, and I somehow inherited the best combo for looks....

She see's Anton Ionescu looking at her
rand: 1d20 ⇒ 12
"Is that Anton.....I heard he joined a army somewhere....
Seems he grew up into a fine strong man."

She's only one inch taller then Anton Ionescu....


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:
"I'm Etna Van Ash, folks tend to call me Eva."

Aldern Foxglove smiles.

"Eva, a delightful name. If you are looking for work, by our lucky stars I am looking for somebody to attend me on my journey."
He looks at Anton Ionescu.
"Master Anton will accompany me, making sure I am safe in this travel, but there are some needs a woman touch is better at. I am ready to pay you at least 2 sp if you attend to those needs during that time. Serve me meals, store and retrieve my clothes, and even tell me a bedside story at night. Nothing more."
Then he winks.
"Of course, if you are willing to render more services, I will make sure you are properly rewarded for it. But please no pressure! I am not a man that likes, or needs, to force himself on others."
I wish I could see Anton Ionescu's face... Is he amused? Sick of the stomach? Taking notes about how "noblemen" deal with girls?


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
if any of these other travelers draw near, is the old woman going to yell at them or will I have to be the jerk, I wonder...

Hearing a small yelp from Ingrid (his guard dog) makes Lief turn around, and finds the dog upside down, letting a varisian woman petting her belly happily.

The woman looks up to see the Ulfen man, a charming smile on her face.
She speaks to him in Varisian.
"Salut frumosule! Iubesc cainii!"
Varisian:
"Hello handsome! I love dogs!"

After a couple of seconds, seeing he didn't understand her, she tries again in common.
"Ulfen then! A very handsome one to boot. I like your dog very much. And it seems she likes me back."
Carmen's Image
She is one of the two varisian women in the "partying" group.


♀ Human Cleric of Shelyn

Entering the quarters of the Abbess, Livia made sure to bow in order to show her deference. Listening intently, Livia tried to contain her glee at the prospect of adventure outside the walls. While the temple was indeed a warm and inspiring place to live and work, Livia had been fighting a measure of wanderlust of late.

Nodding excitedly, Livia responded "Of course Sister Abbess, I would be most grateful for the opportunity to perform. I will also make my way to the Kaijitsu Household immediately as you have requested; it is important to reach out to our patrons."

Grabbing her things from her room, Livia made her way to the caravan that she would be traveling with, and began to make introductions. Hearing music from one of the camps, Livia smiles and finds herself instinctively led towards it "Well, this could prove a fun journey."


Male Human Nerd 11
Livia Taviskin wrote:
Grabbing her things from her room, Livia made her way to the caravan that she would be traveling with, and began to make introductions. Hearing music from one of the camps, Livia smiles and finds herself instinctively led towards it "Well, this could prove a fun journey."

The Bâlans are wonderful. From the grandmother to the two small children, they are everything you expect from a Varisian family. They are filled with laughter, joy, and music. They live free while traveling Varisia, looking for the next family gathering or festival. They all are Shelyn followers, and welcome you warmly and happily, accepting you as one of them in just a couple of hours.

You can't but feel a little envious of them. They are a united family, after all, something you didn't had as a child. I mean, your childhood wasn't bad. But it wasn't this.
Amazed by your voice, they politely ask you for singing lessons, being performers themselves. Even the grandmother sings, with a coarse and trembling voice, wonderful old varisians folk songs, which you had never heard before.
One of the young boys seems lovestruck with you, but he keeps his distance, ashamed, for much amusement of everybody else.


M Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2 | Init +10 | Perception +1

Having learned a few shanties from the sailors on his way to Magnimar and wanting to hone his own skill, Anton decides to join the larger caravan. He is immediately taken by the dark-haired woman currently leading the song, and introduces himself to the family. "Mind if I travel with you to the festival at Sandpoint?"


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0
JohnnyBlack wrote:
M'ara wrote:
She smiles a the young varisian, now very comfortable with Shivi, and makes her way through the crowd, smiling at everyone in introduction.

The young Varisian child (13 or 14 years old) that took Shivi calls you after a couple of minutes.

"Can we show your falcon to my family? My brother would love her! She is soooooo pretty!"
She points at a group of a little more than a dozen people, traveling on three wagons, the holy woman one of them.
Yes, the Varisian group where Livia is travelling.

M'ara smiles, and laughs,"Such compliments will swell his head, lass. "

With a twitch of her head, she summons the hawk back from the girl, "Shivi, shall we visit this girl's family?.

The hawk takes flight again, landing most carefully on the girl's shoulder, even so causing her to wince a little from his sharp talons.

"He has spoken....lead the way. M'ara says the the girl.


HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Her name is Ingrid,” Lief replies with a grin. With a soft tug on the reins, he guides his horse in a little loop, which ends with him facing the charming young woman but still able to see the carriage he’s guarding.

”She likes anyone who will pet her, but if you give her a scrap of meat then she’ll really like you. Just be careful if her ears go back... she’s well trained and if you try to touch something she’s guarding she’ll bite your hand off.”


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 1

Bluff untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

As the princeling fires his shots, Anton tries his hardest to keep a straight face. I guess you don't need much game if you're rich as hell.


Male Human Nerd 11
Anton Chauvelle wrote:
"Mind if I travel with you to the festival at Sandpoint?"
M'ara wrote:
"He has spoken....lead the way. M'ara says the girl.

The Bâlans family song gets interrupted by the two non-varisian strangers that appear, obviously looking to join the group in the travel. The woman a Shoanti, the man obviously a "chelaxian" city-dweller.

Thanks for that, I need for everybody to get together eventually, and it seems is happening already.
All the members of the family look at the grandmother, but the grandmother just looks towards Livia Taviskin, as if deferring to her what do to with the new arrivals.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Nerd 11
Anton Ionescu wrote:
As the princeling fires his shots, Anton tries his hardest to keep a straight face. I guess you don't need much game if you're rich as hell.

Amen brother!


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
”She likes anyone who will pet her, but if you give her a scrap of meat then she’ll really like you. Just be careful if her ears go back... she’s well trained and if you try to touch something she’s guarding she’ll bite your hand off.”

The varisian woman pets the dog some more.

"Would you Ingrid? Would you bite Carmen, even if Carmen is your friend? Would you?"
She looks at Lief, and then to the carriage.
"So you are a guard? If I got something to protect, I would make sure to hire somebody to guard it just like you! Big, strong and professional."
She stands and approach the horse where Lief is and wink at him.
"Did they told you you should be alert for evil Varisian vixens ready to steal your valuables and sleep? Specially the pretty ones?"


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin turns her head to regard her company with a sideways glance. Peering at him warily she closes the ratty book and slides the parchment she had been scribing on over the worn cover. The format was that of an index.

Only after that initial reaction does she look him over. Noting his demeanor, his dress, and the large amulet the man bore on his person. "You have not introduced yourself." she reminds him simply. Her gaze lingered on his ink stained fingers, and she felt the compulsion to cap her pen. There is a brief pause for reflection and then she adds, "My name is Delin Chiri."


Male Human Nerd 11
Delin Chiri wrote:
"My name is Delin Chiri."

And we are complete!


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 1 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 10/10 l F +1 R +2 W +3 l Init +2 l Perc +1
Delin Chiri wrote:
"You have not introduced yourself." she reminds him simply. Her gaze lingered on his ink stained fingers, and she felt the compulsion to cap her pen. There is a brief pause for reflection and then she adds, "My name is Delin Chiri."

"Of course, my apologies," Zomeraand says quickly, with a slight flush of embarrassment. "I am the magician, Zomeraand. It is a pleasure to meet a fellow scholar."

He offers her his hand in greeting.


JohnnyBlack wrote:

...

Aldern Foxglove smiles.
"Eva, a delightful name. If you are looking for work, by our lucky stars I am looking for somebody to attend me on my journey."
He looks at Anton Ionescu.
"Master Anton will accompany me, making sure I am safe in this travel, but there are some needs a woman touch is better at. I am ready to pay you at least 2 sp if you attend to those needs during that time. Serve me meals, store and retrieve my clothes, and even tell me a bedside story at night. Nothing more."
Then he winks.
"Of course, if you are willing to render more services, I will make sure you are properly rewarded for it. But please no pressure! I am not a man that likes, or needs, to force himself on others."
I wish I could see Anton Ionescu's face... Is he amused? Sick of the stomach? Taking notes about how "noblemen" deal with girls?

Eva smiles back some

"While I appreciate the offer of a job, I already agreed to being a cook for the caravan with the Head of the Caravan.
If you want someone to do your clothes and gives story, I'm no Maid or Bardess."

Can't tell if Etna is playing hard to get, or being honest here.


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:
Can't tell if Etna is playing hard to get, or being honest here.

Me neither... Etna doesn't have a job yet, and any job she might find will pay less (probably much less) than 2sp.

"Oh my... I beg your pardon. You might take your leave."
He makes a waving motion to dismiss Etna.
To make the story short... there are no jobs offerings apart of that of Aldern. At least none that pays the same and does not ask for her some "unofficial activities" she is not willing to do. Etna has three choices:
* Ask Aldern to hire her.
* Try to join the small varisian group (the partying one) which will probably accept her with open arms. Maybe too open.
* Try to join the big varisian group (where Anton C, M'ara and Livia are).


HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

Lief’s fair checks redden a little as the woman continues to flirt. He briefly considers trying to flirt back but decides he better be honest before it would be too awkward to warn her about the carriage.

”Actually...” he answers as his smile vanishes, ”they told me to kill anyone who comes within ten feet of the carriage, even if they are pretty. But, uhh... I’d be glad to guard you... or, uhh, for you... I mean, once we get to Sandpoint, me and Ingrid... we would be glad to guard anything you want.”


Didn't see in any post that there were three caravans, I assumed it was all the same caravan, with different areas of the camp with interaction.
I also assumed it was more more free form since you didn't give much info on information of current states or ideas to hook onto and I had to fill in gaps.


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
”Actually...” he answers as his smile vanishes, ”they told me to kill anyone who comes within ten feet of the carriage, even if they are pretty. But, uhh... I’d be glad to guard you... or, uhh, for you... I mean, once we get to Sandpoint, me and Ingrid... we would be glad to guard anything you want.”

Carmen touches Lief's thigh.

"I am feeling jealous of that carriage. What is so important that your prefer it to me?"


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:

Didn't see in any post that there were three caravans, I assumed it was all the same caravan, with different areas of the camp with interaction.

I also assumed it was more more free form since you didn't give much info on information of current states or ideas to hook onto and I had to fill in gaps.

It is the same "caravan", but in it there are several groups. Yes, it is very Free form. Feel free to fill the gaps. And don't worry, if Etna wants to cook she can cook in any of the three options she has now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 1

Now let's see if he picks up on what she didn't say. Or if he's got more cents than sense.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin carefully sets her capped pen down and slowly accepts Zomeraand's hand with a nod. "For me as well." she replies evenly.

She cast her eyes down to the parchment covered book she held. "This is a book I found recently and am working to scribe. The author is a brilliant mind." she begins, "If I can meet them and restore the entire text..." As quickly as she began to explain the text to this mage she trails off and stops abruptly. She offered him an apologetic look that was not entirely sincere. She didn't seem to want to give away any secrets even to a fellow.

"I'm sorry, but I get wrapped up in texts." she explains, "If you're interested I could offer you a look at the finished text. Right now it is... a mess." She lifts the book and turns it so the spine was facing down. This revealed both the partially torn out pages, the weathering and staining it had received, but also the many bookmarks and dog eared pages she had left while furiously indexing the ratty treasure.

Despite displaying the shape it was in her nimble fingers still clutched either corner of it like a treasure she was afraid to relinquish.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
♀ Human Cleric of Shelyn

Taking great joy in celebrating with the Bâlans, Livia gladly partakes in song, leading more than a few joyful tunes she had been taught by her parents. Some of the songs she sang were varisian folks songs, but to change it up, she through in a few more approachable pieces of chelish opera that were a little more technically difficult. She even took the opportunity to wink at the young starstruck boy, inviting him to rejoin the festivities and not to be so embarrassed.

Suddenly, the caravan went quiet as new arrivals came into their midst. Looking towards Grandmother Bâlan, Livia smiled as she picked up on her subtle body language Followers of Shelyn, they are differing to me. An honor, and a sign of trust. Nodding respectfully at the woman who had so many more years of experience then herself, Livia turned her attention towards to Anton. Giving him a discerning look with a feigned seriousness for a moment, Livia finally broke the silence with a laugh and smiled broadly "Yes of course, this is a joyful event. My name is Livia, and these fine and most considerate hosts are the Bâlans. Please introduce yourself and join us. There is food and drink."

Moments later, one of the Bâlans children brought yet another arrival to the camp. Looking her way, Livia's eyes widened "Shoanti? Today is full of surprises; you do us great honor with your presence, please join us!" Looking back over at Anton, and again at Mara, Livia adds "Shelyn is truly blessing us this day, new friends to join us on our travels to Sandpoint. How wonderful."

This is definitely one of the most optimistic and happy characters I have ever designed XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Ingrid, vakt vagnen,” Lief commands.

Skald:
”Ingrid, guard the carriage.”

As the flirtatious woman touches his thigh, the blushing spreads from his now bright red cheeks down onto his neck. ”No, wait,” he stammers, ”it’s got nothing to do with preference, just timing... I’m much more interested in you than whatever’s in the carriage... I mean, you seem more interesting than some old woman’s carriage, but I’m working right now... once we get to Sandpoint I’ll be free for, uhhh, whatever you want.”


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Seeing the older woman defer to the younger, M'ara waited patiently for the acolyte of Shelyn to speak.

Hearing such a welcome, her face split into a wide smile, having expected the usual suspicion of her kind, "Your welcome does me great honor, Sister. I look forward to travelling with you all." she says, including the entire clan of Varisians in her statement.

The with a wild cry, she sets Shivi into the air, having him soar and dive down to the earth for the amusement of the youngsters.


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
As the flirtatious woman touches his thigh, the blushing spreads from his now bright red cheeks down onto his neck. ”No, wait,” he stammers, ”it’s got nothing to do with preference, just timing... I’m much more interested in you than whatever’s in the carriage... I mean, you seem more interesting than some old woman’s carriage, but I’m working right now... once we get to Sandpoint I’ll be free for, uhhh, whatever you want.”

Carmen smiles.

"I will hold you to that promise... even if you haven't told me your name."
She let's a clear and happy laugh.


Male Human Nerd 11

Anton Chauvelle, Livia Taviskin, M'ara, Delin Chiri, and The Magician Zomeraand feel free to roleplay by yourself and make your characters get to know each other.
Etna Venus Van Ash still has to choose which group she wants to join for the trip, and depending on it Anton Ionescu can roleplay with her or not.
Lief Stoutspear has his hands full at the moment ;)
Looking good friends! In a couple of days, we will start the voyage and have the first encounter.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 1 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 10/10 l F +1 R +2 W +3 l Init +2 l Perc +1

”Does it relate to the ruins near Sandpoint?” Zomeraand offers, gesturing at the book fragment in Delin’s hands. ”I am heading to Sandpoint to study them. I even made a point of learning ancient Thassilonian.”


JohnnyBlack wrote:

....

Etna Venus Van Ash still has to choose which group she wants to join for the trip, and depending on it Anton Ionescu can roleplay with her or not.
.....

If all 3 groups are in the same caravan, then it shouldn't matter at all where anyone is for interaction along the trip.

And I can make a new option, one that is still valid, and not needing of Aldern Foxglove's money or being one to give exclusive service(s) to him.

Etna replies back
"I don't think you understand Mr Foxglove, since you have no cooks within this group of wagons.
The Caravan Head, Mr Joseph, assigned me as a cook for this group of wagons, not your personal servant."


HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Oh, Lief...” the awkward Ulfen replies, ”my name is Lief Stoutspear.”

get it together Lief... you’re supposed to be working and you can barely put together a sentence... she’s not even our type, at all...


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:

"I don't think you understand Mr Foxglove, since you have no cooks within this group of wagons.

The Caravan Head, Mr Joseph, assigned me as a cook for this group of wagons, not your personal servant."

Aldern let out a confident laugh.

"My dear child! you should have tell me that sooner! That is no problem."
He turns to Anton Ionescu, and gives him 2 sp.
"Master Ionescu, please find master Joseph and tell him he needs to hire a new cook, and that I send him those coins to make up for his troubles."
He extends his hand to Etna, a wide smile on his face.
"There! Problem solved! Now, please come with me, let me show you around!"


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
”Oh, Lief...” the awkward Ulfen replies, ”my name is Lief Stoutspear.”

Carmen blush.

"Stoutspear? We will see about that... later..."
She turns around enticingly and walks back towards her varisian group of travelers (the "partying one").
Perception Check DC 12 (is hard to see anything besides Carmen waking away):
A varisian male is looking at Lief, from Carmen's group, a wide grin in his face. As he sees you making eye contact, he nods slowly acknowledging you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 13/13 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 16 | F +4, R +5, W +2 | perception +6*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Lief nods back at the Varisian stranger without thinking much of it. Then it occurs to him why the man is grinning so widely and he quickly turns away in embarrassment.

great... we haven't even set out yet and I've already made a fool of my self...


M Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2 | Init +10 | Perception +1
Livia Taviskin wrote:
"Yes of course, this is a joyful event. My name is Livia, and these fine and most considerate hosts are the Bâlans. Please introduce yourself and join us. There is food and drink."

The brash young adventurer's face softens, and he sits down on an unoccupied box. "Good to meet you. All of you," he says to the Bâlans. Turning to the grandmother, he asks,"Do you know how long it will take to get to Sandpoint?"


Male Human Nerd 11
Anton Chauvelle wrote:
The brash young adventurer's face softens, and he sits down on an unoccupied box. "Good to meet you. All of you," he says to the Bâlans. Turning to the grandmother, he asks,"Do you know how long it will take to get to Sandpoint?"

The old woman takes almost no time answering.

"3 or 4 days, depending on the weather and the goblins."


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

"It is hard to say." Delin admits, "Much of the context has been lost, even if the author's insights and remain I hope to speak with them at Sandpoint. It may be he was writing of the ruins there." Despite her initial reluctance to share, the mage's questions were drawing details from her.

Initially this filled her with unease, but looking back at the man she offered him a smile. Usually only authored words could draw out her thoughts. "I hope it is an uneventful trip." she offered.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 1 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 10/10 l F +1 R +2 W +3 l Init +2 l Perc +1

”Well, if the author is still alive, let’s hope that he is willing to talk about his research. In my experience, I’ve found that sometimes well-known authors aren’t as articulate with their words off the page. Did he write it in Varisian or Common, it something more exotic?”

After a moment, he realized he hadn’t addressed her last statement. ”Oh, I’m sure
we’ll be fine. I’ve seen more than a few burly-looking types moving around the wagons.”


Male Human Nerd 11
The Magician, Zomeraand wrote:

After a moment, he realized he hadn’t addressed her last statement. ”Oh, I’m sure

we’ll be fine. I’ve seen more than a few burly-looking types moving around the wagons.”

As if responding to Zomeraand's comment, a big varisian fellow with a wide smile and plainclothes (but very sturdy boots and a very interesting backpack) appears from somewhere.

"Mylady, Mylord, Lucky Pete is my name, and I am looking for work as a porter. I walk fast, carry much, and charge very little. For only 2 coppers each day I can carry all of your stuff, so you have a more pleasant trip. I am more intelligent than a mule and eat less than one. And I won't refuse to advance when you least expect!"
His pitch seems very practiced. You have heard of this "porters" that help travelers carry stuff. Yes, they are cheaper than a mule.
Sense Motive DC 12:
He seems sincere and trustworthy.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Yeah, he is just looking for work.

Sense Motive DC 20:
He *is* sincere and trustworthy.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 1 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 10/10 l F +1 R +2 W +3 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Sense Motive, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"Very kind of you to ask," Zomeraand replies politely. "I am traveling ligthly, though, so I'm afraid I won't be needing your services."


Male Human Nerd 11
The Magician, Zomeraand wrote:
"Very kind of you to ask," Zomeraand replies politely. "I am traveling ligthly, though, so I'm afraid I won't be needing your services."

Lucky Pete turns to look at Delin Chiri.

"Mylady? A lady like yourself should not be carrying stuff. Let me help you!"

1 to 50 of 430 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.