JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Game Master JohnnyBlack

Goblin Attack!
The new cathedral consecration ceremony gets interrupted by a surprise goblin attack!
Combat Map


101 to 150 of 553 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

Anton snickers. Words were interesting. Stories meant something. He just wishes he knew his own story.


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin shares some of her own stories with the elder, figuring she would like tales of her foster mother. How the intelligent young half elf thought she knew better, and how her mother ended up being right. Maybe not that day, or that month, but eventually her wisdom would prove out and Delin would feel rather foolish.

She told these tales with a rueful smile, and the occasional glance to the young Olga and wondering if she had similar memories thanks to Esmeralda.

As M'ara applauds her Delin averts her eyes, starting to feel embarrassed by the attention. "Thank you." she responds. She had heard the woman speaking Shoanti before, the foreign language piqued her interest as she mostly studied it but rarely heard it spoken.

The many stories shared around the camp kept her interest, and though she tried to break out her journal and her scribing a few times it was quickly defeated as she found herself drawn into the warm atmosphere.


♀ Human Cleric of Shelyn
JohnnyBlack wrote:
"Madame Mvashti. You are blessed, child. Good luck. That is your path now."

Taking a sip of wine, Livia places her glass down and smiles broadly at Mara, agreeing with Esmeralda "Indeed you are blessed! My mother used to dabble in the harrow cards, though she never had any knack for it." Leaning back she, Livia appeared lost in thought a moment before adding "You'll have to read me my fortune at some point. I'd love to have it done properly, no disrespect to my mother."


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
Without really waiting for a response he grabs his bow and trots off towards the nobleman who stopped the horse earlier. When he gets close he slows to a walk and waves to the noble and his retainer. "Umm, excuse me sir," he calls out awkwardly, "I'm sorry to bother you but, uh, I saw you two stop that horse earlier, and, well, I'm trying to help protect a carriage, and a sczarni girl told me they were going to rob it when I fell asleep... Oh, I'm Lief by the way, Lief Stoutspear. I was wondering if, uh, there was any chance that maybe we could spend the nights with you, if you're planning on having a watch rotation? I'd be glad to take one of the shifts, obviously... or, maybe you could come spend the night with us... I can try to round up a few other people too, if we need more people for a full rotation..."

Aldern stands, getting himself off the girl's embrace.

"Ladies, I am sorry to call the party off early, but nobility obliges. Miss Eva, I hope I can enjoy your dancing some other night, and that wish will make me survive this test! Master Lief, of course, I will help you in your hour of need. Master Ionescu, I didn't hire you for this, but I am willing to double your wages for your help. How many enemies are we expecting? Half a dozen? I think, even with my sword, that we should get more people on our side. "

Delin Chiri wrote:

Delin shares some of her own stories with the elder, figuring she would like tales of her foster mother. How the intelligent young half elf thought she knew better, and how her mother ended up being right. Maybe not that day, or that month, but eventually her wisdom would prove out and Delin would feel rather foolish.

She told these tales with a rueful smile, and the occasional glance to the young Olga and wondering if she had similar memories thanks to Esmeralda.

Esmeralda smiles.

"The path of wisdom is hard and long. You have taken only the first step of many. But that was the hardest one, you feel proud, as you are on the right path."

Livia Taviskin wrote:
Taking a sip of wine, Livia places her glass down and smiles broadly at Mara, agreeing with Esmeralda "Indeed you are blessed! My mother used to dabble in the harrow cards, though she never had any knack for it." Leaning back she, Livia appeared lost in thought a moment before adding "You'll have to read me my fortune at some point. I'd love to have it done properly, no disrespect to my mother."

Esmeralda talks.

"There will be the time when M'ara will read the cards for you, but not just yet. M'ara, you will know the time, when it comes."


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0
Quote:

Livia Taviskin wrote:

Taking a sip of wine, Livia places her glass down and smiles broadly at Mara, agreeing with Esmeralda "Indeed you are blessed! My mother used to dabble in the harrow cards, though she never had any knack for it." Leaning back she, Livia appeared lost in thought a moment before adding "You'll have to read me my fortune at some point. I'd love to have it done properly, no disrespect to my mother."
smeralda talks.

"There will be the time when M'ara will read the cards for you, but not just yet. M'ara, you will know the time, when it comes."

M'ara opens her mouth to beg off telling Livia's fortune ,as she was holding off until she recieved some tutelage from Madame Mvashti. When she'd started, it had been just a game to make some coin...now it was something...else.

But, Esmerelda took the words from her mouth. She regarded the woman with a half-smile on her lips, before asking, "What can you tell me of Madame Mvashti? You seem to know of her..."


Male Human Nerd 11
M'ara wrote:
But, Esmerelda took the words from her mouth. She regarded the woman with a half-smile on her lips, before asking, "What can you tell me of Madame Mvashti? You seem to know of her..."

Esmeralda laughs loudly.

"Know her? No my child, I have seen her. Can you know the sky? Can you know the stars? Oh no, I met her. I met her when I was but a little child, and she was the oldest of the Varisians! And I heard she dealt with the chelaxians when they founded Sandpoint, hundreds of years ago, as she was already the oldest of us!"
Esmeralda seems to be in a very good mood!


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0
JohnnyBlack wrote:
M'ara wrote:
But, Esmerelda took the words from her mouth. She regarded the woman with a half-smile on her lips, before asking, "What can you tell me of Madame Mvashti? You seem to know of her..."

Esmeralda laughs loudly.

"Know her? No my child, I have seen her. Can you know the sky? Can you know the stars? Oh no, I met her. I met her when I was but a little child, and she was the oldest of the Varisians! And I heard she dealt with the chelaxians when they founded Sandpoint, hundreds of years ago, as she was already the oldest of us!"
Esmeralda seems to be in a very good mood!

M'ara laughs at Esmeralda's description, "She sounds like my kholi! Older than the dirt and sky ! I think I'll like her." she says with a chuckle, knowing that she already likes Esmeralda who also reminds her of her kholi.

During her wanderings, thinking of home often made her wistful and melancholy, but now it was different. She was...as Esmeralda had said to Delin...on the right path.

With a smile, she reached out and took hold of Esmeralda's hand, "I am glad that we've met and will share this journey." she said, looks sidelong at Delin, to let her share in the sentiment as well.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

After a few more magic tricks, Zomeraand says to the group, "I'm not really a storyteller, but I have a wealth of knowledge on a variety of subjects. Perhaps, some of you might wish me to answer nagging questions or recount histories of famous events?"

He looks around the fire, seeing if anyone is inclined to take him up on his offer.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

Lief looks up at the impressively large dancer (EVA) and clears his throat. ”Uh, excuse me miss,” he stammers, ”I mean no offense but, well, a woman of your... stature... that is... I doubt you’ve ever had to... but... oh hells, what I’m trying to say is, there may be a fight tonight and I was wondering if maybe you think you could be helpful if that happened? Or, if you’d even have any interest in maybe trying to help?”


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

"Sure, I'll fight. Been a while since I've had a good scrap." And I won't say no to extra coin ...


She's only 4 inches taller then Lief, that isn't really a large difference.

"I'm not much of a fighter, but I'll welcome the coin."


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

Ulfen women (like those I know from home) tend to be taller than most, but you’re still the tallest woman I’ve ever seen, by probably 6 inches... that’s pretty impressive even if she’s not dramatically taller than I am.

”Oh, coin...” Lief answers awkwardly, ”the old woman driving the carriage said we don’t really have any to offer... but I have a little bit of my own... how much does ‘not much of fighter’ cost for a night of guard duty?”


Male Human Nerd 11

Aldern Foxglove stands in attention when he hears Lief offering money from his purse.
"But of course not! Not while I am around!"
Then he stops to think.
"But, master Stoutspear. What are we protecting, anyway?"


Etna replies to Lief's words with
"A few copper pieces will do for payment.
Since I don't expect myself to be much in a fight."

Yeah Ulfen are big and tall.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Thank you,” Lief says with a shallow bow when Aldern offers to pay their newest recruit. ”It’s a carriage we’re guarding, but really the people inside... there’s two old men plus someone I haven’t seen at all, and a sczarni woman told me they would rob it as soon as I fell asleep. Hopefully, if there’s just someone awake watching it all the time they won’t even try anything, but if they’re desperate they might just attack.”


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

"Godsdam provincial a**~+#%s. Typical." Anton takes out a war hammer and a machete. "Time to bash and slash, boys."


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin offers a smile and a nod of her head to M'ara. She seemed an interesting sort, as did much of the caravan. Little did the scribe know of the dark deeds brewing in other parts of the camp.


Aldern Foxglove looks at Etna Venus Van Ash with new eyes.
"Miss Eva, I didn't imagine you as an adventurer, but I see you are brave as you are beautiful. I am glad I am able to hire you not as my maid for the rest of this trip, but as my bodyguard, together with Master Ionescu."
At Lief's response, he seems content.
"Protecting the defenseless, that is good enough for me. And maybe we could meet this mysterious employer of yours later."
He doesn't say it, but you already know which kind of "mysterious employer" he would prefer.
"But before we set up in our mission, let's go hire that young man that stopped the horse. I think his strength could be helpful for us."

---------------------------------------

As M'ara, Delin and Livia Taviskin are finishing talking to Esmeralda, and The Magician Zomeraand is about to start the tale of Tribuno the brave, Aldern Foxglove arrives at the bonfire, with Etna Venus Van Ash, Anton Ionescu and Lief Stoutspear in tow.
"Excuse me for interrupting, but it seems the people Master Stoutspear is guarding" - he nods at Lief - "could be in danger of getting robbed tonight. I am willing to pay 2 sp to each person willing to keep watch to it tonight! And 3 sp to the man that stopped the horse this afternoon. Where is he?"
Everybody turns to see Anton Chauvelle emerge from a dark corner, a little disheveled, a young varisian woman behind him. Aldern smiles widely.
"I beg your pardon, as I interrupt your price for your bravery, but I fear we need it again this night! So, who is willing to help us?"
No member of the Bâlans will take on the offer... will your characters?

----------------------------------------

For the people that accept Aldern Foxglove proposal.
Aldern lets Lief Stoutspear lead the way, and at arriving at the wagon, he speaks.
"Master Stoutspear, what should we do?"
I am afraid Aldern is used to be protected, and not to protect things himself, so he is at a loss. Time for you to plan how to best protect the wagon, how to set up a watch, the whole 9 yards. If somebody doesn't sleep at all, tomorrow's status will be fatigued. So, organize yourselves, and then roll once a Perception Check for the first watch, or the whole night if you will not sleep. Just let me know who is doing the check while awake, and who makes the check sleeping. Familiar and pets roll once too, but they are only awake during one watch unless you want them fatigued tomorrow.
PS. I wouldn't count on Aldern Foxglove staying awake during his watch (much less all night), but he IS paying the piper, right?


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Oh, uh, alright,” Lief replies as everyone’s attention suddenly turn to him, ”So, I’m Lief, thank you all for your help. We need to set up a watch rotation so that there’s always at least one person awake watching the carriage... do any of you have any training in spotting threats, or noticing signs of someone or something sneaking up on you? Also, who’s used to staying up late and who’s an early riser?”

I’ll need to see who all accepts Aldern’s offer before I can try to set an order


Etna replies back to Mr Foxglove
"I'm no guard, but a poor Farmer and Barmaid,
As those jobs don't pay much to get through the seasons.
So I prefer having coin to spare should misfortune fall.
A job that helps the purse,
even if it could put me in a hearse."


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Zomeraand looks to Pete and asks, "Do you want to earn some extra coin pulling guard duty with them tonight? If there's enough of us standing around, it's not likely anyone would be foolish enough to try anything. It sounds like it would be easy money for the both of us." He looks to his hired porter and shrugs, leaving the decision to him.


The Magician, Zomeraand wrote:
Zomeraand looks to Pete and asks, "Do you want to earn some extra coin pulling guard duty with them tonight?"

Pete seems like he is going to faint.

"Sorry boss, I am not good at fighting. A friend of mine died while doing night watching. That is not for me, no sir!"


Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:

"I'm no guard, but a poor Farmer and Barmaid,

As those jobs don't pay much to get through the seasons.
So I prefer having coin to spare should misfortune fall.
A job that helps the purse,
even if it could put me in a hearse."

Aldern smiles.

"Fear not, my child, as long as you are next to me, I'll make sure you are safe!"


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:
I’ll need to see who all accepts Aldern’s offer before I can try to set an order

You have already selected one thing. You are doing watches and not pulling an all-nighter. Well, to speed things along, if you are in the group, choose one of three shifts and roll your perception.


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin frowns. "Foolishness." she scoffs, "Someone is only going to get hurt." She looks to her host, gaze lingering on the old woman as if to draw wisdom from her. There is a long moment where she both knows what she expects of herself, but doesn't want to act.

"I'll make sure no one gets their fool head staved in." she relents as she draws up her heavy pack, "You don't need to pay me for that, as I certainly am not offering to fight."


Male Human Nerd 11

Ok Lief... we got the roster for the night.
- Anton Ionescu
- Delin Chiri
- Etna Venus Van Ash
- Lief Stoutspear
- The Magician, Zomeraand
...and Aldern Foxglove (I don't recommend you depend too much on him).
What is the order of the watches? And please each one of you roll perception for your watch.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

”Ok...” Lief starts hesitantly, ”those of you who can’t, or don’t want to, fight, that’s alright, the most important thing is just that you wake the rest of us up if anyone tries anything. How about if... uh, sorry, I don’t know any of your names... mister nobleman, sir, perhaps you and your man (Anton) could take the first watch, along with, uh, the elf-eared young woman (Delin)? I’ll get up in the middle of the night, since that’s usually everyone’s least favorite. That leaves our tall friend here (Eva), with you, sir (Zomeraand) and your non-fighting man for the final watch. Is everyone at least somewhat comfortable with that?”

Assuming they are...
perception, 2nd watch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin's face seemed to... pucker at his description (Elf-eared), but she let it pass without a lingering thought. "That will be fine.." she answered as if it were fact, "My name is Delin."

With that said she began to march over to the wagon they would be guarding. As she did she slung her bedroll and rolled blanket from the pack and worked loose the cord that kept them secure there. Finding a suitable location was easy enough, so she dropped her burdens there and began to make a comfortable little nest.

She fully meant to not engage in combat, so she set out her candle lamp and shuttered it to only offer it's dim light to her bed. Then, she removed her scarf and set it down next to it.

(Those with a keen eye might spot something within, or just the lightly reflective runes.)

Comfortable and with adequate light for her elven eyes she drew out her journal and began to make notations quietly. She wouldn't be able to see in the dark of night any better than a human, but her ears were open to the sounds of the night.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

Sorry got busy

M'ara nods at Adlern's request, waving away his offer of recompense, "I'll take no coin in protecting our fellow travellers. Though no warrior, I'll do my best."

She allows Lief to place her in whatever watch he deems appropriate.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

”Settle yourself here with the caravan for tonight, I’m sure they won’t mind. I doubt anything is going to happen. In the morning, we’ll continue with our same routine, alright?” Zomeraand says to Lucky Pete.

Wanting to be properly prepared for the evening’s watch duties, Zomeraand draws upon his arcane knowledge to place of spell of protection on himself.

(casting mage armor at the start of his watch.)

He does his best to keep a sharp eye, despite his inexperience with such duties.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

”So,” he says to Etna, attempting to make small talk. ”What puts your feet on the road to Sandpoint?”


Nice putting both full casters on the same watch

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

”I’m heading there to see the ancient ruins located nearby,” Zomeraand continues, ”I’ve spent years reading and researching, and the Thassilonians come up quite a bit in the scholarly works I’ve read. I even learned to read and write Ancient Thassilonian as an aid to my research. Have you been to Sandpoint before? Have you seen the ruins?”


"I was originally born in Sandpoint, so I know it well.
As for ruins they are not all that special, an old rock there and old statue here."


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:
Nice putting both full casters on the same watch

Lol- 4 out of the 6 of us are full casters, so it was unavoidable... you and Zomeraand seemed most willingly to at least try to fight so you get a shift together.

@M'ara- you can join me on 2nd shift so I'm not alone

"Thank you, all," Lief reiterates as he begins to unroll his bedroll and prepare for a stressful night.


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

"I can take two watches. I didn't spend all that boring time training to sleep while others take the heat. And, as a Sandpoint boy, bashing and slashing Szcarni is worth losing some beauty sleep." Besides, I get the feeling I'm gonna get tired of the rich ding dong quick as hell.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

"A statue? Do you recall whose image it was?" Zomeraand asks, keenly interest in Etna's reply.


"Don't know who as the statue is withered to the point you can't tell who it is."


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Zomeraand gives a dejected sigh at the description of the weathered stone. "Ah well, I suppose it was too much to hope it would still be intact after thousands of years. Perhaps I can still deduce who it was an image of when I see it in person."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

It looks like Anton is the only one who hasn’t rolled yet, but he can’t beat his partner’s roll, so...
Watch 1 (Delin and Anton), perception 22
Watch 2 (Me and M’ara), perception 19
Watch 3 (Eva and Zomeraan), perception 21


M Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2 | Init +10 | Perception +1

Sorry guys, it was a really busy week, and I'll be posting regularly now. I hope I'll get joined up to the party soon.

After dancing with most of those who asked the horse-stopping hero for a whirl, Anton sleeps through the night soundly, dreaming of the great celebration to come at the Swallowtail Festival.


Male Human Nerd 11

Sorry for the delay, will post the result fo the night watch later. I fear you demolished the Szcarni plans, and I need to think about what they will do now. And after that, I will post the start of the second day of travel.


Male Human Nerd 11
Lief Stoutspear wrote:

It looks like Anton is the only one who hasn’t rolled yet, but he can’t beat his partner’s roll, so...

Watch 1 (Delin and Anton), perception 22
Watch 2 (Me and M’ara), perception 19
Watch 3 (Eva and Zomeraan), perception 21

Thanks for the list.

First Shift
DM Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Delin and Anton keep their eyes very open. An hour into their shift, a couple of the Szcarni show up, drunk and supporting each other. Or at least pretending to be so, as Delin figures quickly they are just pretending and scouting the group. They realize their ruse is not working, and retreat hastily.
Second Shift
Lief is almost expecting for Carmen to show up to flirt with him. But from the shadows appears her brother, and making a sign invites Lief to talk with him some distance away from M'ara (but not far enough that the Shoanti woman wouldn't see and hear them.


The man greets Lief with a wide curtsy.
"Lief Stoutspear, my name is Ruperto Zingari, and I am the leader of my party. Carmen tells me you have not told her what is stored in the wagon" - he points to the wagon you are protecting - " and she hasn't convinced you to join us."
He smiles at Lief approvingly.
"Is not normal for Carmen to fail in duping her target. Good for you."
He looks at M'ara.
"Too bad I came here for a professional reason... I have an... inclination... for strong women."
He continues talking to Lief.
"I am quite intrigued. What is in the wagon? You seem very set in protecting it. You even managed to recruit all these people to help you. I even think you are paying them for it! That has made it a very tempting target for us. But we are not monsters. We are not evil. We don't enjoy fighting and killing people. We are just normal people trying, like everyone else, to make a living in this world. These chelaxian invaders came here and took over the place, and they expect us to fight for them? To protect their riches? Do you think they will thank you for your effort? To them, you are Varisian trash, just like us, and will discard you as soon as you have completed their wishes. Do they deserve that loyalty? I think not."
Ruperto looks north, towards Sandpoint.
"You are still in time to walk away. You can still save yourself. Damn! You are still in time to save all of them!" - he waves at the rest of your companions.
So far he has seen friendly. But now his face turns hard. Uncaring. Dangerous.
"This is not a chelaxian city. These are Varisian wildlands. They have nowhere to run where we won't catch them. Nowhere to hide that we won't find them. If they just return some of our lands riches to us, they will be able to keep on their merry way. And no one will have to get hurt. Think about it."
He starts to walk away but turns after a couple of yards.
"I was forgetting. Carmen asked me to say hi."


Male Human Nerd 11

Eva and The Magician Zomeraand have time to talk, as no-one else gets near until the morning.
The old woman peeks from inside the wagon and calls to Lief.
"Who are all of these people? We hired you to protect us, and I am not going to pay any more to all of them. I don't trust them."
All of the wagons and groups in the caravan prepare to continue the voyage. Even the Szcarni group prepares to march as if nothing, not showing any strange behaviour.


Aldern Foxglove calls you all, very fresh after having slept very deeply all night long.
"Comrades! I am proud of the courage we all displayed last night, and I am sure that the strength we displayed in our unity dissuaded all and any robber for attacking all last night. I thank you for it, and I want you to know I now consider you my friends and comrades-in-arms!"
He gets out his money pouch.
"An, of course, I will keep my word and pay you all the 2 sp you were promised."
He will pay all of you 2 sp, if you want, except for Anton Ionescu and Etna Venus Van Ash.
To Etna he talks individually.
"Miss Eva, I am glad you are now part of my retinue. Please let the caravan master you will continue the trip under my banner, and please give him this 2 sp for his troubles."
Finally, he says his goodbye to Lief.
"Master Stoutspear, I wish you well, and I thank you for the most invigorating adventure. If you need any more help, feel free to ask for my help, as I will be always ready to support you!"


Male Human Nerd 11

In the morning everybody goes back to their "group".
What are you going to do?
- Does Etna Venus Van Ash join Aldern Foxglove "retinue" with Anton Ionescu, or she goes back to the main caravan group?
- What does M'ara tell the Bârans and the other characters about the night?
- What do Lief Stoutspear plans for the next day? Does he try to "recruit" the other characters to help him? Where in the caravan does he want the wagon to be on this new day?
- Any of the other characters do something special?
- Anyone tries to talk to the Szcarni?
- To the sourly Dwarf at the back of the caravan?


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin waves off the offer of silver much as she said she would and simply folds up her bedroll and blanket to return to the Bârans and their wagons. She was relieved to have avoided real trouble, but she doubted this would be the end of it.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

***during the night***
"They're not invaders," Lief answers Ruperto, shaking his head, "its just a couple of old people, and I'd wager they've never stolen anything from you. They've probably never stolen anything at all, though I suppose that's hard to believe in your chosen line of work. You know, 'normal people' actually don't typically rob or kill for money at all, and they don't attack old people trying to travel in peace."

"The truth is, I don't even know what's in the carriage. I'm not set on protecting it because its full of treasure, I'm protecting it because Old Deadeye teaches us to protect the weak. Although, I guess, you're probably just as godless as you are heartless. As long as bad people, like you, are trying to harm those innocent old people I'll be right here, standing in your way."

***in the morning***
"Thank you all, again, for your help," Lief announces uncomfortably. "I, uh, don't want to push my luck but the sczarni leader, Ruperto something-or-other, paid a visit last night and threatened me again... I can't offer you Aldern's coin but I'm sure I can scrape together a little something for anyone who's willing to stick to this sleeping arrangement for the rest of the trip?"


Male Human Nerd 11

Just to recap, if this second day you make a very good time, you will arrive at SandPoint very late. It is hard, but doable.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

...uh, if we don’t make it to Sandpoint tonight, I mean.”

As the people who helped him prepare for their days, Lief seeks out the caravan master to alert him to what’s going on and ask if perhaps the caravan could push hard to make it to Sandpoint tonight.

101 to 150 of 553 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.