JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition

Game Master JohnnyBlack

Goblin Attack!
The new cathedral consecration ceremony gets interrupted by a surprise goblin attack!
Combat Map


301 to 350 of 616 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Zomeraand moves forward, trying to position himself so that his spell will catch the most goblins without hitting his allies.

”Arcus Langourem.” (casting color spray)


Male Human Nerd 11

Let's say M'ara casts first.
M'ara braces herself from the pain and tries to disable the goblins. Her spell floats towards the goblins and surrounds them with a magical slumber.
I think is DC 14
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Three of the Goblins fall down fast asleep. The other three avoid the effect.
A bolt flies over Lief Stoutspears' and Anton Chauvelle's head fired by Delin Chiri. It barely hits a goblin, but it is enough to kill it.
The last two goblins resist Lief's and Anton's attacks.
And then The Magician Zomeraand arrives...
"Arcus Langourem."
A multicolor blast hits the brawl.
Let's say DC 15.
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Both the last two goblins drop unconscious... but the spell also affects Lief and Anton Chauvelle!
I am starting to grow very fond of The Magician! :D
Lief Stoutspear and Anton Chauvelle, please roll a Will Save DC 15 or you get unconscious too!

----
Anton Ionescu and Etna Venus Van Ash roll perception please, as you are in the "rearguard".


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 figured


Male Human Nerd 11
Etna Venus Van Ash wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d20+4 figured

What does she does? The action is on the back of the caravan...


Eva Cast resistance on herself, since that is the only buff she has.

If gobs get close she'll burn them, if they hide a missle will seek them next round, want to be careful incase their is some a gob shaman or bomber does something.


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Male Human Nerd 11

Great! Next round!
While all the characters gather in the back of the caravan to check on the unconscious goblins and Lief and Anton Chauvelle (depending on if they fail their ST or not), in the front of the caravan Anton Ionescu looks worriedly at Etna Venus Van Ash.
He is hearing strange noises coming from the front of the caravan.
Everyone except Etna Venus Van Ash and Anton Ionescu doesn't know there is something happening in the front of the caravan, and in fact they still have things to do in the back (most of those Goblins are not dead, you know). In any case, it will take them a double move to reach the front of the caravan. Lief Stoutspear and Anton Chauvelle, don't forget to roll a Will save against The Magician spell.
For Etna Venus Van Ash and Anton Ionescu, they don't know what they are hearing, or if it is something to worry about.

Next turn!


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

Anton, in his skimpies, grabs his war hammer and machete. "You hear that?"


"I hear something, but not sure what?"


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

"Let's check it out," he says, wishing he had time for at least pants.


Male Human Nerd 11

You go silently (and roll Stealth) or normally?


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

Stealth, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Maybe we should go quietly?" he asks far too loudly.


Male Human Nerd 11

A couple of goblins peek out from behind a wagon and look at Etna Venus Van Ash.
One of them smiles way too wide to be comforting and makes a crude pantomime with his hands in front of his chest.
The other one nods and laughs maniacally before both of them hide behind the wagon again.
Goblin Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Both Anton and Etna have one action left... and you need a Perception DC 30 to find the goblins again. Good luck with that!


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin will move forward and set her crossbow on the ground. Then she will check on the condition of the dwarf.


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

Anton motions for Etna to circle around, as she has to be quieter than him. "Ok, boys. Know common? Not here for trouble. But can make some if forced."


Male Human Nerd 11
Delin Chiri wrote:
Delin will move forward and set her crossbow on the ground. Then she will check on the condition of the dwarf.

He is dead. His throat cut out, probably in his sleep.


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

With nothing she can do for the dwarf, the intelligent half elf will draw her dagger to help eliminate the sleeping goblins.

(OOC: On her next turn coup de grace.)


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Zomeraand draws his dagger and moves to assist Delin in dispatching the unconscious goblins.


Male Human Nerd 11

Cold! Delin and Zomeraand dispatch 2 or the 5 unconscious Goblins.
Etna and Anton Ionescu: What now?


M Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2 | Init +10 | Perception +1

The young warrior staggers as the wild colors fill his vision...

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Then proceeds to fall limply to the ground.


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

As the goblins and comrades fall to the ground from her and the mage's magic, M'ara brings her crossbow up and covers the others, looking about the caravan for other goblins..

perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
perception, shivi: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Male Human Nerd 11

M'ara, still seeing colors, is unable to find the ground she is standing on. Shivi looks Anton Ionescu and Etna Venus Van Ash moving to the front of the caravan, but nothing to worry about.


HP 24/24 | AC 16 (t13/ff13) | CMD 17 | F +5, R +6, W +2 | perception +7*; +3 initiative | active effects: --

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lief raises his sword above his head to charge the remaining goblin when dazzling lights erupt around him. Suddenly, as if toppled by the weight of his sword, the Ulfen warrior comically tips over and lands unconscious on the dirt.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Zomeraand moves to the next unconscious goblin and kills it as well.

”Fewer of these vile things can only make the world a better place,” he says softly to no one in particular.


Male Human Nerd 11

So softly he fails to wake up either Lief Stoutspear or Anton Chauvelle.
Etna Venus Van Ash and Anton Ionescu, what do you do about the Goblins?


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

"C'mon, I saw you both. We didn't mean to intrude."diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


"I kinda looks like everything is under control here."

Etna moves on a KOed Goblin and kills it using her claws bloodline power
Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Atk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Nerd 11
Anton Ionescu wrote:
"C'mon, I saw you both. We didn't mean to intrude."

I guess you say that in Common. You get no answer.

------------------
Etna Venus Van Ash, I am sorry to say you are with Anton Ionescu on the leading side of the Caravan, facing a couple of hidden (and very awake) Goblins, while the rest of the characters are at the end of the caravan finish up half a dozen goblins.
JohnnyBlack wrote:

A couple of goblins peek out from behind a wagon and look at Etna Venus Van Ash.

One of them smiles way too wide to be comforting and makes a crude pantomime with his hands in front of his chest.
The other one nods and laughs maniacally before both of them hide behind the wagon again.
Both Anton and Etna have one action left... and you need a Perception DC 30 to find the goblins again. Good luck with that!


Without a map if can be hard to tell where folks are, and some posts add to the confusion

if there Stealth DC is higher then 24'well never find them, and I think they have a 30.


Male Human Nerd 11

So what does Etna do? You could always try a 20 roll...


Taking 20, it'll still be at best a 24.


Anton Ionescu and Etna Venus Van Ash
On the front of the caravan, Carmen Zingari appears from the darkness, all charming and smiling, carrying a big piece of meat, dripping in juices.
"Here boys, mammy got you something nice to eat."
Se throws it towards the wagon where the goblins were hidden, which after a moment show up for "dinner", drooling.
After they get a couple of nibbles of the meat, they turn to see Carmen and finding her "apetecible" and unarmed, starts to approach her.
She feigns, not very well, to be scared.
"Goblins! Oh poor me! Help me, somebody help me!"
She turns and runs into the night, with the goblins in tow, laughing evilly.

Sense Motive DC 10 or Perception DC 15:
Yup, she is leading them into a trap.

---------------------------
The other characters
It is not pretty, but you dispatch all the unconscious Goblins and AFTER that you wake up Anton Chauvelle and Lief Stoutspear. Well, Lief really gets waken up by Ingrid's lapping at his face.
Leeching all the XP from them :)
When you are catching your breath, you hear screaming from the front of the caravan.
"Goblins! Oh poor me! Help me, somebody help me!"
Sense Motive DC 15 or Perception DC 20:
But something is off... The scream doesn't sound from a panicking person, but more like somebody making fun the Goblins.

Lief Stoutspear only if he makes the previous roll:
And yes, that is Carmen Zingari's voice.

Don't forget to roll for familiars and pets.
-----------------------------
Your turn!


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Sounds like there are more of them up near the front," Zomeraand remarks. "Shall we see to clearing out the rest of them?"

He moves towards the front of the caravan.


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Perception (Delin): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception (Ibbit): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin quickly shoulders her discarded crossbow before running to the front. Ibbit's sense of misgiving is ignored as the little toad huddles in the folds of her scarf.

Hide (Ibbit): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40


M Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +2 | Init +10 | Perception +1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

After dusting himself off quickly, Anton turns to The Magician and says "Only as long as there are no more wizard lights."


Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Sense: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
"She's tricking the buggers"


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Anton snorts and casually follows.


Male Human Nerd 11

When the characters that dealt with the goblins at the back of the caravan arrive at the other side, Etna Venus Van Ash and Anton Ionescu are returning together with the Szcarni group, Ruperto Zingari in front.
Not only they dealt with the two goblins Etna and Anton saw, but also another 6 before that.


"Long time no see."
Ruperto flashes one of his gleaming smiles.


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

"Well then," Zomeraand says. "It appears the goblins have been dealt with on all sides. If there is no sign of any more, I suppose we can all get back to sleep."


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

Anton tips his warhammer in salute to the Sczarni. "Well done."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Delin arrives late, but notices the returning Szcarni. She puts her crossbow away, an odd smile on her face at seeing Ruperto. "It has not been so long." she says with a nod, "Thank you, for your help." She lingers as if she wished to talk, but after a moment turns and goes back down the line of the convoy. She collects her candle lantern and removes the hood so she can move from wagon to wagon checking on everyone's health.


Seeing that many of you didn't arrive to greet them, Roberto shrugs and smiles at Delin Chiri, Anton Ionescu and The Magician Zoomerand.
"Thank you for being civil with us. Really. We will be going now, and I think goblins won't bother us anymore for many months."
The atmosphere is somewhat heavy, with all the bad blood and conflict that has transpired betwwen the Szcarni and your group.


But you all laugh when Aldern Foxglove arrives, dishveled and still groggy, sword in hand.
"Where are they? Let's kill the goblins!"


M'ara Human Witch 1 AC:17/17/14 HP:3/7 F:+1 R: +3 W: +2 Init: +3 Perception: +0

M'ara, now that the goblin threat had been removed, stows her crossbow and watches the Szcarni return having , surprisingly, performed a good deed!!

She regards Ruperto with slightly, very slightly, improved opinion, giving him a short nod of respect if he catches her eye.


Male Human Nerd 11

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, and after burying the dwarf (but getting his stuff to give to his next-of-kind) you continue to Sandpoint.
Olga Bâlan and Stella Scarnetti grow even closer, as they ask you all about last night "battle".
Just before arriving at Sandpoint you think you see something in the distance.

Perception Check DC 14:
Up ahead on the road somebody saw the caravan arriving and went back, probably to let others know.

Perception Check DC 18:
It was not dressed as a Varisian, but more like a guard.

Perception Check DC 20:
Or maybe a Page?

You are like 5 minutes to the place... what do you do?


Male Human Wizard (Universalist) 2 l AC 16 T 13 FF 14 l HP 16/16 l F +1 R +2 W +4 l Init +2 l Perc +1

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Zomeraand is too distracted by his own thoughts to notice anything unusual.


Female Half Elf (Varisian) Witch/1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


M Human Fighter (Two-Weapon Fighter) 2

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Looks like somebody went back to town to say we're here."

301 to 350 of 616 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JohnnyBlack's Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.