[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


701 to 750 of 1,932 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair gets drunk and apparently forgets that he dislikes dogs, ending up passed out leaning against Wilbert. He seems a bit ashamed in the morning, making sure to pick all the dog fur off his body. As they leave you hear him muttering, "dey ehn't so bad.

When they reach the cliff, he quickly pulls out his climbing kit and starts the arduous process of slowly working his way up the cliff face. "Leahve dis to meah."

Using a Climbing Kit, he will attempt the route up.

Athletics (T) + Kit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10

I figure that is just a simple fail so I'll roll again. If it was a critical fail, he would still have a flat 5 check to prevent a fall.

Athletics (T) + Kit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28

At the top he pulls out an extra length of rope and secures it for everyone else to use.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara had to admit, she hadn't expect to find someone friendly out this far. Bark's advice, (and his alcohol), were both greatly appreciated. Before they leave she nods at the half-orc, saying, "Not sure how best you could send a message, but if you ever need anything just let me know. Mara Spintho, usually in Absalom when the Society isn't sending me to the ends of Golarion." She gives Wilbur one last pat on the head and heads on her way.

At the cliff, she watches appreciatively as Bair climbs up and secures the rope. "Thanks Bair." She uses it in combination with her own climbing kit as she makes her way up.

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf is pleased to see the goblin be happy with the dog. He strokes the animal during the stay and presents his leshy familiar to Bark and shows him that they can also speak together.

The good rest they can get because of a bit of kindness to an animal should be a proof of good sense. In all case that's what the dwarf is hoping.

Now it's more difficult. A cliff to go up. Fortunately the goblin pulls out a rope. The dwarf tries to go up.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

During the encounter with the dog, Thorax seems out of it. He mumbles to himself as though he were having a three-way conversation...

Thorax's imagination wrote:

*an obese female goblin pops into existence on Thorax's left shoulder*

"Chieftess Orca! What you do here?"

Orca: "Kill it, Thorax. It's a dog. A filthy, Longshanks mongrel! Kill it, and make me proud."

*Eando Kline pops into existence on Thorax's right shoulder*

"Venture Boss! What you do here?"

Kline: "Thorax, I've told you before, I'm not a Venture Captain..."

Orca: "Kill it now!"

"Hey, new boss? Old boss wants me to kill dog. But you told me I get in trouble. What do?"

Kline: "What does your conscience tell you?"

The memory fades back to reality as Thorax contemplates what he desires most...

Thorax's stomach grumbles loudly, and he spends the rest of the evening eating and drinking until he passes out.

During the next day...

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

So let's hope a 16 is enough...

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

LOL!

Sovereign Court

Adalan: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1.
Deshacerla: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18.

Mara, Dran'Thor, Thorax, and, *somehow*, Deshacerla, free-hand climb the cliff, whilst Bair struggles to climb a rope. Adalan is, unfortunately, left floundering at the bottom.

When Mara, Dran'Thor, Thorax, and Deshacerla reach the top, they discover that there is a small herd of big-horned mountain goats up there with them! Fortunately, they don't appear too alarmed... yet.

Nature checks can keep them calm. I need two successes, before two failures. The DC is 14.

Bair and Adalan cannot participate in these checks (although Bair will be up shortly thereafter, if a combat is triggered, Adalan still needs to climb; the DC will be 12, if he uses Bair's rope).

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara reaches the top, quite proud of herself. That feeling lasts until she turns around.

"Uh, hey there, uh...nice mountain goats. Just stay there while we sneak by, nothing to see here..."

Nature, CM: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"*gasp* Horses!"

Thorax leaps behind a rock.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf speaks to the animals:

Keep quiet. We won't hurt you. Don't be afraid of us.

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Sovereign Court

Mara and Dran'Thor manage to calm the goats down, whilst Thorax skulks around.

The party is then free to explore the local area!

Tasks:

Learn how to handle the goats, turning a hazard into a resource - Nature check.

Chart the view - Cartography or Scribing Lore check, or a Crafting check.

Recognize valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams - Nature, or Mountain or Scouting Lore check.

Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow - Nature check or a Herbalism Lore check.

Spot a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point - Perception or Nature check, or a Mountain or Scouting Lore check.

Identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers - Survival or a Perception check.

*If* a PC identifies the cliff as a good resting spot, they can clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter - a Craft check, or an Athletics check.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf undertakes the jobs he thinks it's his part. SO first of all he tries to learn how to handle the goats.

Come, come, tell me how you act. Do you want to help us?

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Then, in the same trend, he's looking for valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams that could be important for the perspective of the caravan's trail.

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Of course, he tries also to identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow. So that can help to create a help point on the trail. And that's a personal interest for him.

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Doing this he's looking around, spotting a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point. They have to remain cautious with such hazard.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Finely he tries to identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor, using his druidic knowledge, easily handles the goats.

Similarly, with a good nose for fresh water sources, he manages to note several useful spots.

However, he doesn't find any medicinal plants.

That said, he *does* note exactly where the potential meltwater hazards are, and manages to sort out some rudimentary channels to make sure they don't cause any problems.

Finally, he succeeds in finding a good spot for travelers to rest.

Tasks:

Learn how to handle the goats, turning a hazard into a resource - SUCCESS!

Chart the view - Cartography or Scribing Lore check, or a Crafting check.

Recognize valuable terrain resources such as climbing spots and streams - SUCCESS!

Identify grazing areas and places medicinal plants and mosses might grow - Nature check or a Herbalism Lore check.

Spot a potential meltwater hazard that’s obvious when seen from the high vantage point - CRITICAL SUCCESS!

Identify the cliff overhang as a good resting spot for travelers - SUCCESS!

Clear an area at the base of the cliff so it provides better shelter - a Craft check, or an Athletics check.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

A bit nerved by the fact he didn't notice any medicinal plants around their position, the dwarf undertakes to clear the area at the base of the cliff. To calm down.

It must exist some medicinal plants here. But where?

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax flips over his offal masterpiece from before and starts doodling!

Chart the view, Crafting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

And then sets to helping the druid collect firewood.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

...but gets too distracted sampling the combustible worth of small twigs.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair glares at Thorax as it appears he is actually attempting to write things down, then he shrugs and mutters, "Teh eachder ohwn."
______________________________________________________________

He starts wandering around and chewing on random plants, hoping some ease his headache or... make him feel better.

Nature (T) Medicinal Plants: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
______________________________________________________________

He then returns to his favorite activity, shoving boulders around randomly.

Athletics (T) Clear Area: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Using a magically levitated stick as a pointer Adalan does his best to organize the goblins' efforts, indicating which directions it might actually be helpful to shove the boulders in.

Crafting (Clear Area): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara joins in on shoving boulders around. This kind of physical activity isn't her strongest suit, but she gives it a good try.

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

If anyone peeks over Thorax's shoulder:
You can clearly tell his map lacks written labels. You can make out mountains, and rivers, but the four-legged creature with angry eyebrows could either be a horse or a dog, and the pile of feathers with bite marks taken out is anyone's guess.

At equal distances there are pictures of goblin faces eating, grinning and sleeping.

Sovereign Court

Thorax gets up high, and charts the view.

Bair practically stumbles onto a whole mess of medicinal plants!

Adalan, using his keen architectural mind, manages to clear the potential camp-site of debris.

Tasks completed, the party moves on.

Adalan: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16.
Adalan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15.

Bair: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.
Bair: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10.

Deshacerla: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17.

Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.

Mara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25.
Mara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22.

Thorax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.
Thorax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12.

Getting into the rhythm of things, the party makes good time, and about a day later, arrives at where Bark said the Orc camp would be - between the walls of a ruined building stand a few hastily erected tents. Muddy footpaths run between the tents while carefully tended campfires emit only faint smoke.

As you approach, a proud-looking, heavily scarred abd muscled Orc female, backed-up by a quintet of injured Orc warriors, approaches you, and nods, greeting you in Common.

"I am Grakcha, of the Shattered Fang tribe. Why are you passing through our lands?"

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara generally wasn't a huge fan of orcs. But Bark had said these were able to be reasoned with, and they weren't attacking right away...

She inclines her head to the orc leader.

"Greetings Grakcha, of the Shattered Fang tribe. I am Mara, of the Pathfinder Society. We seek to find a passage through these lands, one safe for caravans and trade. As such, we are looking to make pacts with those who own these lands." She deliberately glances at the injured warriors before returning her gaze to their leader. "Is there perhaps anything the Society could do for you? Anything we could assist you with in exchange for safe passage through your lands?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Sovereign Court

Grakcha draws herself up even straighter, and smiles warmly at Mara, supremely pleased with the respect that Mara has shown her.

"Greetings to you, Mara, of the Pathfinder Society, and to your warriors. A caravan route would be of interest to us; the chance to trade hides and food for tools and weapons, would be greatly appreciated. However, there is a problem: my tribe has been displaced by an angry ogre. The ogre invaded the cave we call home, and my band is currently in no shape to take it back. If you kill the ogre, we will both let the trade caravans pass and set up some trade ourselves."

She then gives directions to the cave system, and as a show of good faith, hands over some items that you might find useful:

Two minor healing potions, a lesser tanglefoot bag, and a crying angel pendant talisman.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Do you know when ogre sleep? Easy to sneak up and," Thorax drags a finger across his neck.

Sovereign Court

The Orc snorts.

"If I knew that, I would do it myself."


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"If we heal your warriors, you send one with us to help?"

Diplomacy (U): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

If she agrees, Thorax will apply Battle Medicine to each for 2d8 ⇒ (7, 6) = 13

Sovereign Court

Grakcha shakes her head.

"Your offer of assistance is appreciated, but we must look after ourselves; besides, this task is for you, to prove that you are strong enough for us to want to ally with!"

Basically, there is no scope in the scenario to 'gift' you an extra NPC. Besides, I fully expect you to steam-roll the ogre complex, anyway :-P

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

As he isn't the right diplomat - except with animals and plants - the dwarf follows the discussion with the orcs stroking his beard. They seem to be well-minded. They ask for help. But they offer gifts before they go. That's a good proof of sincerity. Then an ogre should be in their reach.

Sovereign Court

Following the Orc's directions, you pass out of the highlands, into a board valley. The valley opens up, flattening out at first, then deepening, forming a large bowl. The terrain becomes more marshy, with trees and shrubs stunted by the damp. Animal musk hangs in the air.

At this point, three wolves slink out of the trees, and look at you expectantly.

Then, one of the them, slightly larger than the other two, speaks!

"I watched your deal with Orcs with interest; I must say, the Ogre has made feeding a lot easier, since it moved in - it doesn't tend to bother finishing the carcasses of its prey. That said, I am perfectly willing to move with the times - I would like to do a deal with you, too. I could be a potential “employee” of the route, helping to guide and protect caravans. All I want in payment is a plump halfling or two, a price that shouldn't be too steep for Chelaxians. What say you?"

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf listens to the wolf, stroking his beard. He's happy the wolves want to participate to the caravan's trail. Only detail makes a problem. The payment method. The dwarf is doubtful that the Pathfinder Society allows to use halflings as exchange's money. That's a detail. And the diplomats of the party should bring the negotiation under the roof. The question is: what kind of diplomat do they need? With animals or with people? That could be the bigger issue of the encounter. He has a try.

You're well informed. That's a good point for you. You seems to be a good business partner as well. We should talk together. The arrangement you say seems to be a good one. But I should tell you one thing? How long have you eaten an halfling? Because they aren't good for a while. It seems they developped a curious odor once dead which is disgusting. That's why, as a sensible business partner, I offer you to replace these by some cows. Chelaxian cows are delicious. What do you think?

The dwarf smiles then, waiting for the answer.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The talking wolf scratches behind one ear thoughtfully, before offering a counter:

"Well, if you don't think the halflings would be any good, I would be willing the entertain the possibility of accepting Gnomes," he says, gesturing towards Deshacerla with one paw, by way of example, "instead. They are always good for some variety!"

Hilariously, that is his scripted counter-offer if you don't just agree with him :-P

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Orcs, ogres, talking wolves...this place has a lot of predators!

Mara is far less confident of her ability to negotiate with wolves. Particularly ones that seem to want to eat Deshacerla! Still, she gives it her best try.

"Unfortunately the Pathfinder Society can't offer you payment in the form of sentient creatures. Doesn't matter if it's halflings or gnomes, anything that talks we can't let you eat. We could probably offer a decent variety of other foods though. Cows, goats, sheep...anything there strike your fancy?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax nods in agreement with pretty much anything the wolf says, not surprised in the least that it can talk. When it changes the deal to include Deshacerla, however, Thorax begins mumbling to himself again, looking back and forth between his shoulders.

At the point when it becomes awkward, he suddenly draws his shortsword and points to the larger wolf, "Chieftess Orca right! Gnomes too scrawny. Halflings always plump! And they squeal. But Venture Boss has good point, too. Halflings hate being tied up in sacks. And Pathfinder Halflings always have knives!"

Diplomacy (U): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

3 minute ninja, Lol

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Guessing that the wolf is unlikely to be swayed by his companions' attempts at mundane persuasion, Adalan surreptitiously draws a scroll from its case. Reading from the parchment, he intones a singsong incantation at the wolf, hopefully making it more amenable to cooperation.

Using a scroll of charm (DC 17).

"I'm sorry, but my compatriots are right," he continues. "We can't offer you gnomes or halflings, but we're happy to provide any local animal you desire. Or I suppose we could let you have the ogre's corpse, if that would be sufficient."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Sovereign Court

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.

The Wolf shakes his head, regretfully, at Adalan.

"I like you, but I am afraid that just won't do. Why should I trade a current good thing, for a one-off big meal, and then local produce? How about children, instead? I am sure that there must be *some* kicking around that no-one would miss, and they can be quite succulent... and I do have an entire pack to feed," he says, as two more wolves slink out of the trees.

To be clear (in case it wasn't obvious by now): This creature is quite evil. Moreover, the module expressly states that any deal struck with the Warg results in Infamy, as he won't accept anything that isn't extremely evil.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara smiles thinly. "Of course. I mean, I can't imagine why you'd be so interested in eating wolf puppies, but given they're the only 'children' not expressly exempted by the 'no sentient creatures' rule I made earlier, you couldn't possibly be talking about any other kind. While it's certainly an unusual request, I'm sure something could be arranged."

She deliberately draws her shortswords. "Unless of course you're so twisted that you can't even imagine eating things that aren't sentient. In which case, it's been very nice talking with you, but I'm afraid we're going to have to kill you now."

Yeah, I don't think anyone was contemplating accepting his counter-offers. Although if he'd accepted our counteroffer, that would have made for some very interesting caravan guards!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax once again nods along at the suggestion of children, as though it was a reasonable request, but a scared glance at his right shoulder makes him gulp audibly.

Raising his sword again, he shouts, "Looks like wolf's on the menu again!"

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

"Figuratively, in my case at least," Adalan clarifies hurriedly.

He pulls out his pyromantic scroll and mentally readies himself to battle the wolves.

Sovereign Court

The wolf sighs.

"Well, I was trying to be civilised about all of this, but if you want to be unreasonable about it..."

He then turns to the other wolves.

"Try not to harm that one," he nods to Adalan, "but feel free to maul the others."

W: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9.
MW: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.
Adalan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.
Bair: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.
Thorax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29.

Dancing With Wolves, Round 1:
Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla

MW (-, -, -, -)
W (-)
Adalan
Mara
Bair

Slide 4.

Thorax, Dran'Thor, and Deshacerla are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax inhales a deep breath and lets out a HUGE belch:

"Your teeth are sharp, but mine are sharpened!
You think you hungry? I've been starvin'!
Wolf's paw soup and Ear of the Dog,
Wash you down with wolf's blood grog!"

Goblin Song vs [red] and [cyan]
Performance (singing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Goblin Song vs [worg] and [yellow]
Performance (singing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Demoralize [worg]
Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The wolves look suitably disheartened, although whether it is by Thorax's words, his tone, or possible the stench of his belch, is unclear.

Dancing With Wolves, Round 1:

Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla

MW (-, -, -, -)
W (-, Frightened 2)
Adalan
Mara
Bair

Dran'Thor, and Deshacerla are up!

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Snapping out of her daze...nose curling at the scent of Thorax's burp, she frowns.

"Well, this isn't desirable."

With a shrug, she turns to Bair. "You, less odious goblin. Allow Pharasma's blessing to flow through you."

Cast Forbidden Ward on Bair vs Black Wolf

Forbidden Ward:

You ward an ally against the attacks and hostile spells from the target enemy. The target ally gains a +1 status bonus to Armor Class and saving throws against the target enemy's attacks, spells, and other effects.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf casts something and so he surrounds the black wolf in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 11 Reflex DC 18, clumsy 2 and 1 persistent electricity damage if failed

Then he raises his shield.

Sovereign Court

Deshacerla wards Bair.

Dran'Thor calls electricity down upon the talking wolf...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21.

...who, although his fur is standing upon end, avoids the worst of the blast.

The wolves then swarm the party!

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.

Red attempts to harry Deshacerla, but she dodges.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage.

Thanks to Deshacerla's ward, Cyan and Yellow just can't land a blow upon Bair!

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

Green, on the other hand, manages to bite Mara.

Please roll two Fort saves.

Bite: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 2 = 21, for 1d8 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3) = 12 damage.

Then, the big black wolf hustles forward, and with a monstrous bite, grabs hold of Deshacerla!

"Ah, I *knew* it would taste good!", it says, although its voice is muffled by all of the Gnome in its mouth.

Dancing With Wolves, Round 1/2:

Adalan
Mara (-7, Two Fort saves, please)
Bair
Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla (-12, Grabbed)

MW (-, -, -, -)
W (-11, Frightened 1)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair yells angrily, "HEYDASMYGNOME! YOU LEDDAGO!"

Rage, Strike Blue 2x.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for Bludge + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 5 = 20 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludge + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Sovereign Court

With two powerful strikes, Bair squashes Cyan and Yellow flat!

Dancing With Wolves, Round 1/2:

Adalan
Mara (-7, Two Fort saves, please)

Bair
Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla (-12, Grabbed)

MW (-, -)
W (-11, Frightened 1)

Party (apart from Bair) is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Once again!

The dwarf sings the same melody as he has just sung.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 4 Reflex DC 18, clumsy 2 and 1 persistent electricity damage if failed

Then he raises his shield again.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Not good...hmm...

GM:

I believe being grabbed I need a "Flat Check" DC 5 to successfully cast a spell. The action is used, then the check. If I fail check, I lose the spell slot but spell doesn't actually go off.

I'm hopeful sanctuary spell would cause it to drop me on a failed save by it...so here goes nothing. (couldn't find a definitive answer in the rules)

"OUCHIE! Quit! LEMMEGO!!!" shrieks the gnome. Touching her holy symbol, she looks toward the sky. "Pharasma! If you're ready for me, so be it. Otherwise, protect me from these fiends!"

Mumbling a few arcane words, she casts a spell. The strange little creature is surrounded suddenly by floating symbols of Phrasma!

Flat Check DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Cast Sanctuary on herself. Will Save DC 18 - lasts 1 minute


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax licks his teeth in anticipation of the feast that will follow, and steps/steps into a flank with Mara (vs Green).

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 vs FF
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor zaps the black wolf again...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 1 = 22.

...but once again, it avoids a direct hit.

@Deshacerla: As far as I can see, you are correct - it is just a flat DC 5 check to not lose the action.

Deshacerla wards herself...

Will: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 = 20.

...but the wolf is enjoying the taste of fresh Gnome too much to be distracted.

Thorax then steps into a flank on Green, and shanks it into oblivion!

Dancing With Wolves, Round 1/2:

Adalan
Mara (-7, Two Fort saves, please)

Bair
Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla (-12, Grabbed)
MW (-)
W (-15, Frightened 1)

Adalan and Mara are up!

701 to 750 of 1,932 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.