[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


751 to 800 of 1,891 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan moves into a better firing position and uses his scroll to unleash a gust of flame at the two remaining wolves.

Burning Hands Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 with a DC 17 basic Reflex save

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Mara snarls at the warg. "We're the unreasonable ones? You're the one that refused to accept we couldn't let you keep eating people! Including our friends!"

She runs up to the warg, swinging wildly at him in an attempt to make him let Deshacerla go.

Deception, CM: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18 vs Perception DC

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
S. Damage, CM: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
For Successful Feint: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Stride, Feint, Strike.

Sovereign Court

Adalan blasts the two remaining wolves with arcane fire!

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 1 = 19.

Red takes the worst of it, whilst the black wolf manages to dodge the most of the flames.

Mara tries to land a blow, but unfortunately, the fleas that jumped ship to her when she was bitten by the wolves prove to be too distracting.

Red steps across, and bites at Adalan...

Jaws: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.

...scoring a solid blow!

Adalan also needs to make a Fort saves.

The black wolf then moves Deshacerla around in its mouth...

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 1 = 26.

...then with a great gulp, swallows her whole!

In the process, she takes 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage.

He then licks his lips.

"Delicious; but the portion size was too small..."

The wolf then steps across, and looks hungrily at Bair!

Dancing With Wolves, Round 2/3:

Adalan (-6, Fort save, please)
Mara (-7, Fleas! (Sickened 1))
Bair
Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla (-17, Dying 1, Swallowed Whole! (Grabbed, Slowed 1))

MW (-5)
W (-17)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Adalan stifles a cry of pain at the wolf's bite, then shouts an arcane word which materializes a circular shield between him and his assailant. Trying to ignore the fleas swarming him, he continues with a blast of electricity which builds up around the hovering disk of force before leaping outward at the two wolves.

Casting shield: +1 AC for the round and will Shield Block 5 damage if hit.

Electric Arc Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 with a DC 16 basic Reflex save.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Recovery Check DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 17


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax runs behind Bair and Dran'Thor to set up a flank for Mara, and then strikes out twice at the Warg!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 4 = 18
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

"Hey! Where Deshacerla go?"

Sovereign Court

Despite the distraction from the fleas, Adalan manages to send out a bolt of electricity!

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22.

Once again, the smaller wolf gets the worst of the electricity blast, dancing merrily in a jerky dance before collapsing to the ground, sizzling.

Thorax, slightly confused by Deshacerla's disappearance, nevertheless closes with the black wolf, and slices into its flank.

Dancing With Wolves, Round 2/3:

Adalan (-6, Fleas! (Sickened 1))
Mara (-7, Fleas! (Sickened 1))
Bair

Thorax
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla (-17, Unconscious, Wounded 1, Swallowed Whole! (Grabbed, Slowed 1))
W (-33)

Mara, Bair, and Dran'Thor are up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

"Sheah goddagulped by dablackn likah whelp."

Bair unleashes a flurry of blows, attempting to strike the gullet and force the wolf to vomit up his meal. At the end he simply yells, "GIVERBACK!"

Strike 2x Black Wolf, Demoralize with Intimidate, 8 rds rage remain.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 5 = 7 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

Intimidation (T) to Demoralize: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Gasping as Deshacerla is literally eaten right in front of her, Mara can't be bothered to get rid of the fleas. "Deshacerla!" She moves into a flanking position and tries to stab the warg in the back.

Shortsword Strike, CM, Sickened: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 16
S. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + (3) = 6

Shortsword Strike, CM, Sickened, MAP: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 1 - 4 = 8
S. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + (5) = 12

Step, Strike, Strike.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf takes his battleaxe in hands fight as only a dwarf can do.

Give her back !

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Sovereign Court

The (rather full) black wolf is utterly unimpressed by Bair's attacks, and his 'Intimidating' display.

Similarly, he manages to dodge Mara's shocked attacks.

However, Dran'Thor strikes true, slicing open the creature's stomach, and spilling an unconscious, but miraculously alive and stable, Deshacerla upon the ground!

"I just wanted a nice meal... every now and then... what was so wrong about that...?"

The Warg collapses to the ground, and lies still.

Combat over!

Searching the area reveals a few gnawed bones, and scraps of clothing from other, less fortunate travelers, as well as four Lesser Elixirs of Life!

Obviously, you now have a chance to heal, and after a minute, the fleas lose interest in Mara/Adalan, so *that* condition goes away, too.

The rest of the journey to the Orcs' former home is uneventful.

Slide 5.

Piles of trash, both organic, and the detritus of civilisation, are piled around the entrance to this cave, from which wafts the co-mingled smell of rotten meat, and excrement; clearly the Ogre cares nothing for basic hygiene!

E1:

The smell in this low‑ceilinged chamber is nearly suffocating. The stench of rotten meat wafts in from outside, and the smell of excrement comes in through the tunnel to the north. Shelves and racks that once held equipment now lie smashed on the ground. Other tunnels exit to the west and south.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Good to see you back, gnome!

The dwarf is proud of his sweep. And proud that his intervention could definitely set the gnome free.

I think Thorax is our best medical staff. So you can operate.

They have to bring her back to consciousness. And others should get some attention from Thorax as well.

Further, in the cave, the dwarf uses his darkvision to look in the tunnels to have an idea which one the should go in.

May I have refocused before arriving to the cave?

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor is able to see that the path to the south is completely choked with trash, whilst the one to the west is only *mostly* filled with rubbish; the passage to the north is completely clear, but appears to have been used as a latrine...

@Dran'Thor: Sure, you can refocus :-)

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair looks at the obvious symbol of healing on the little vial, happy that it doesn't have that fancy writing. Assuming that a picture label would never lie, he pours it down Dasher's throat, "See jes likah whelp, just rubbadaneck an dey swallah."

3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5) + 6 = 15 HP back

He hands her another one as her wounds continue to fester then gives out the other vials to those that have nasty looking bites with a bit of admonishment, "Godda dodjadajahws."

______________________________________________________________

He sneaks up with the group (+5 modifier for stealth) with his club ready to knock an Ogre's head clean off.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Her eyes flying open suddenly as the magic takes hold, she shrieks "AGAIN?! But Pharasma when will I be done?!"

Blinking a few times, she smiles. "Oh, hey there. What'd I miss? Last thing I remember is a lot of tee..." pausing as she looks down to see her gore covered clothing and the beast split in two, she frowns. "Nevermind. I think I've figured it out."

Trying to brush off the biggest chunks, she promptly sits on the ground. "I uh...I need a minute." Tugging a vial from her pack, she slams it back in one fluid motion. With a shudder, she growls "Better, but they should work on the taste."

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Once all ready to push forward

Shakily getting back to her feet, she follows the group forward. Her eyes wide open, she works on ensure nothing magical awaits them.

Detecting Magic

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf indicates that they should go forward in the west tunnel with the shield raised.

Sovereign Court

In E1:

Deshacerla finds an Onyx Panther Talisman.

Moving through to E4...

A massive pile of refuse lies in the middle of this room. Animal parts and partially eaten fruit and vegetables make up most of the pile, and flies lazily buzz around the perimeter. Tunnels exit in all four directions.

Sitting with his back to the refuse pile, a large-sized humanoid is currently feasting on a big boar carcass, whilst giant-sized rodents scurry about at his feet, chasing scraps.

Upon spotting Dran'Thor, the Ogre roars.

"This be MY PLACE! Puny small folk not welcome!"

He then reaches for the closest thing at hand (which just happens to be a rancid pile of steaming vegetable matter), and prepares to throw it.

O: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.
GS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.
Adalan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.
Bair: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.
Thorax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15.

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1:

Mara
Dran'Thor
Adalan

Ogre (-)
Deshacerla
Thorax
GS (-, -, -, -)
Bair

Mara, Dran'Thor, and Adalan are up!

N.B. I am happy for the others to post speculative actions; they just won't be resolved until after the appropriate group of enemies has acted.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves. Then, once again, he surrounds a foe - this time the ogre - in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 3

Reflex save DC 18. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10.

"OWWW! Dat stings!"

The Ogre shakes his head to try and clear the fuzziness from it, obviously not succeeding.

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1:

Mara
Dran'Thor
Adalan
Ogre (-3, Clumsy 2, Persistent Electricity 1)
Deshacerla
Thorax
GS (-, -, -, -)
Bair

Mara and Adalan are up!

N.B. I am happy for the others to post speculative actions; they just won't be resolved until after the appropriate group of enemies has acted.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

From earlier...

Thorax gleefully continues butchering the Warg while the party heals up. "Thanks for the cut, Dran'Thor! Need pick up cleaver when get back to Absalom."

Butchering Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

After the wolves are defeated, Adalan drinks his healing elixir, which luckily succeeds in fully repairing the bite he received.

Minor Elixir of Life: 1d6 ⇒ 6

When the party encounters the ogre, Adalan moves around the corner and sends a swirl of lightning past Dran'thor at the two closest rodents. (Purple and Blue)

Electric Arc Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 with a DC 17 basic Reflex save.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26.
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26.

The giant rodents avoid the worst of Adalan's electrical blast, letting out startled, high-pitched squeaks!

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1:

Mara
Dran'Thor
Adalan
Ogre (-3, Clumsy 2, Persistent Electricity 1)
Deshacerla
Thorax
GS (-2, -2, -, -)
Bair

Mara is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Before heading into the cave.

Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Mara spends a few minutes trying to treat her injuries, but curses as the bandages won't seem to stay on. "Oh f+%# it," she mutters as she downs a healing potion instead.

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 2

That doesn't seem to help much either, but she's taking too long as it is. "Sorry guys, I'm ready to go."

In the cave.

Mara gags at the smell. "Oh gods, that's so disgusting." Eager to finish the fight as quickly as possible so they can get out of there, she runs up to one of the rats and tries to hit it.

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20
S. Damage, CM: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Shortsword Strike, CM, MAP: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 10
S. Damage, CM: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Stride, Quick Draw, Quick Draw. Attacking Purple.

Sovereign Court

Mara skewers the Purple rodent!

The Ogre, utterly bemused by the invaders in his home, throws a steaming pile of rotten vegetable matter at Mara...

Refuse: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11, for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.

...but mercifully, it slams into the wall next to her, rather than hitting.

The Ogre than draws a battleaxe.

1d20 ⇒ 1.

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1:

Mara
Dran'Thor
Adalan
Ogre (-4, Persistent Electricity 1)
Deshacerla
Thorax

GS (-2, -, -)
Bair

Deshacerla and Thorax are up. Everyone else can post a speculative action.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax rushes in and sees a veritable FEAST of refuse...

"Always competition," he laments as he slashes at [red]...

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
If that's a Crit...: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

If that kills the rat, Thorax's reaction will be to shout "You're next!" at the Ogre:

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31

If that didn't kill the rat, Thorax will strike at it again!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 16
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

Thorax thoroughly eviscerates Red (more than double its maximum hit points!), giving the Ogre a moment of pause.

Deshacerla-BOT: Harm - 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.

Deshacerla then channels negative energy, snuffing out the life-force of Yellow!

With a high-pitched squeal, Blue then hustles forward, and tries to bite Mara...

Jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12, for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21, for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 damage.

...eventually managing a painful bite with its muck-encrusted teeth.

Mara, please make a Fort save.

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1/2:

Bair
Mara (-5, Fort save pending)
Dran'Thor
Adalan

Ogre (-4, Persistent Electricity 1, Frightened 1)
Deshacerla
Thorax
GS (-2)

Bair, Mara, Dran'Thor and Adalan are up!

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

They are only two now. Let's get them!

The dwarf casts an electric arc on both last foes.

electric arc: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 DC 18

Then he takes also his battleaxe.

Hey there, I've also a battleaxe. And mine was made by dwarven.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"Oh you did not just bite me with that filthy mouth," Mara hisses between clenched teeth. Of course, the evidence that it had done just that was currently running down her arm.

She considers trying to get into a better position, but no. She wants this thing dead, now.

She swings her blades in a dazzling display of flourishes, hoping to get it looking the wrong way before she strikes.

Feint: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 vs Perception DC

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 = 12
S. Damage, CM: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Shortsword Strike, CM, MAP: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 16
S. Damage, CM: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

If the Feint was successful, the rat is flatfooted against my attacks until the end of Mara's next turn.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 1 = 17.
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23.

Dran'Thor manages to thoroughly electrocute the Ogre, but the rodent dodges the worst of it.

That does not, however, save it from being shanked into oblivion by a rather incensed Mara!

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 1/2:

Bair
Mara (-5)
Dran'Thor
Adalan
Ogre (-9, Persistent Electricity 1, Frightened 1)
Deshacerla
Thorax

Bair and Adalan are up!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

After wracking his brain for a moment, Adalan rushes through a series of incantations and gesticulations which seem to sketch out a vaguely humanoid figure in the air in front of him. With a slight puff of smoke, a ramshackle wooden statue about the same size as the ogre appears between Thorax and the monster. The sculpture is crudely painted as a caricature of the ogre, with its tongue sticking out and hands splayed on either side of its face to mock the creature.

Casting illusory object (DC 17).

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair moves forwards past the downed rats, but just enough of his mind notices the other goblin setting up a trap for the Ogre to walk into. He gives a sly nod to Thorax and instead sets up on the other side of the cave, prepared for some crazy flanking shenanigens. His club is ready and he points at the Ogre, "Bringiton, ughly!!"

Stride 25, Ready to Strike if Ogre comes in Range.

Strike:
Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Sovereign Court

Adalan creates an illusion, whilst Bair readies to strike.

The Ogre roars in anger.

"Little ones taunting Mungo!"

He then throws more great handfuls of rotting organic material...

Trash (Thorax): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12, for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 damage.
Trash (Bair): 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 - 5 = 8, for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.
Trash (Statue): 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 - 10 = 4, for 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage.

Will: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 = 11.

1d20 ⇒ 20.

...and whilst he creates a noisome, stinking mess, the Ogre doesn't manage to cause any physical harm.

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 2/3:

Deshacerla
Thorax
Bair
Mara (-5)
Dran'Thor
Adalan

Ogre (-10)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Come here if you're a dwarf!

Suddenly, he realizes that it is obviously not the case.

mmmh takes this!

And a second tempest surge surrounds the ogre.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 3

Reflex save. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.

Once again, Dran'Thor finds the Ogre a hard target to miss, causing a smell somewhat reminiscent of rotting baked ham to waft across the room.

"Dat stings!"

An Ogre's home is his... castle?, Round 2/3:

Deshacerla
Thorax
Bair
Mara (-5)

Dran'Thor
Adalan
Ogre (-13, Clumsy 2, Persistent Electricity 1)

Party (sans Dran'Thor) is up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Did my Intimidate earlier exceed the DC by 10?

Thorax points at the Ogre's protruding gut and deep belly button.

"I've played this game before!" he exclaims as he draws three darts from his belt pouch and throws them at the jiggly target!

Quickdraw/Strike, Quickdraw/Strike, Quickdraw/Strike

Dart: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 2
If that's a Crit: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Dart: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 = 26
Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Crit Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Dart: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 8 = 19
Piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair flicks his ear in code at Thorax and then angrily rushes in yelling the battlecry of his people, "LEEEEROOOOOY JEEEEENKIIIIINS!", club raised. At the last second, he instead turns to the side, slips around the enemy and attempts to swipe his club at the back of the knee to throw the Ogre off balance.

Rage, Stride, Strike.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Mumbling a prayer to Pharasma, Deshacerla's left hand glows with black energy. Rushing forward, an evil smile shows across her face.

"Hey ugly! Yeah, Pharasma says no!" she calls out, trying to touch the beast.

Touch of Undeath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Need a Will Save DC 18

Success/Fail Conditions:

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target heals half as much from heal and takes half as much damage from harm for 1 round.
Failure Effects: You instill within a creature the touch of the grave. For the duration, harm spells treat the creature as undead and heal spells treat the creature as living. In addition, harm spells gain a +2 status bonus to the Hit Points restored to the target.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara looks at the rotting refuse. She looks at the ogre. Back to the refuse. Back to the ogre. "...I am never going to get the smell out of my shoes, am I." Resigned to her fate, she nevertheless moves forward and attacks. At least with Bair distracting him from behind she might be able to get a few good hits in.

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23 vs flatfooted
S. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + (5) = 10

Shortsword Strike, CM, MAP: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 17 vs flatfooted
S. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 + (1) = 5

Stride, Strike, Strike.

Sovereign Court

Deshacerla rushes forward, and touches the Ogre, her hand crackling with black energy.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9.

"Mungo feel strange..."

Thorax then peppers it with a volley of darts.

"Owww! Fleas biting again!"

Bair then issues a battle cry, charges forward, and slams his greatclub down on the Ogre's right foot, leaving it hopping in pain...

...which distracts it from Mara, who shanks it in the kidney.

The Ogre falls over backwards, landing with a horrifyingly wet 'splat' in the refuse pile behind it.

Combat over!

A quick search of the complex turns up the (partial) remains of several humanoids; the metal in their gear has started to rust and the leather to rot. One of the bodies still wears a pair of gold earrings set with gems, the other a set of silver bracelets.

In addition, in among a huge pile of soiled, filthy bedding, covered in flies and fleas, the party finds a pile of copper and silver coins of Chelaxian, Isgeri, Druman, and Molthuni denominations.

---------------------------------

Heading back to the Orcs, the are overjoyed to hear that the Ogre has been defeated (although they are less happy to hear what it has done to their cave complex). Nevertheless, they still solemnly swear to uphold their end of the bargain.

---------------------------------

The remainder of the trip to Molthune, and its capital Canorate, is uneventful. A few days after your arrival, you encounter the party of young nobles again! They are extremely grateful for the help you gave them, having realized that without your help, they might have died on the mountain.

Moreover, their leader gifts you with a magical staff (Animal Staff), by way of thanks.

It is just as well you helped them, because that is the only item on the chronicle sheet, and I am directed to cross it off if you *don't* help...

---------------------------------

It takes the Chelaxian officials quite a bit of time to go through the best submissions and sending teams of their own to travel the routes. But in the end, the Pathfinder’s route is deemed the best!

Calisro Benary is overjoyed, particularly when she hears about how kind the party was to their fellow travelers.

Everyone receives full gold and fame/reputation, as well as an additional point of reputation with the Horizon Hunters.

Scenario completed!

Sovereign Court

Commencing 1-06: Lost on the Spirit Road

Over the last few months, the party arrived on the other side of the world, in Minkai. Since then, the party has been working with Venture-Captain Amara Li to help lay the groundwork for a lodge in Minkai, performing a variety of tasks that are well-suited to their skills. They know that Amara Li has been collecting relics from across the world to house in a new museum with a focus on relics from Minkaian history that have been kept in other nations. To this end, she has been traveling all over the nation to pursue leads. These relics have come from a combination of purchases and donations, and she has occasionally called on local Pathfinders to guard the relics. The party are currently working in Sakakabe, a prosperous city famous for its trade in silver and pearls.

You each received a summons from Venture-Captain Li to meet with her in one of the gardens of the Kiniro Kyomai teahouse, a famous teahouse run by geisha. The quality of the Kiniro Kyomai’s tea, food, and samisen music make it a popular destination for locals and travelers alike. She waits for the party members to enjoy their tea before turning their attention to more serious matters.

“I fear that misfortune may have struck some of your fellow agents. I hope that you can help them return here to safety, but I fear the task I have to request of you may instead center around recovering what you can from your fallen allies and, if it is safe to do so, completing the mission in their stead.”

After a brief pause, the venture-captain continues.

“Last year, I received a donation of relics from Taldor. The route is lengthy and complicated, so I will spare you unnecessary details. A caravan carrying the relics safely arrived in Hongal to the north, where it met up with a pair of Pathfinder agents, Lin Po and Ti Lan. These agents inspected the cargo, sent me a missive indicating that all was in order, and joined a second caravan to take the Spirit Road through the Forest of Spirits. The journey is understandably long, taking over two months to complete. Still, the caravan is late, and I fear that they may have run into trouble along the way. They were supposed to reach Sakakabe two weeks ago.

While it’s possible that they were waylaid in the northernmost parts of Minkai, I believe it’s far more likely that they ran into trouble in the Forest of Spirits, a mystical place that shelters departed souls and most of the world’s kami. Kami are spiritual guardians with a deep connection to certain living locations or living things. The locals pay great respect to the kami, never intruding further into the forest than their one coastal road, the Spirit Road, and a number of small settlements built around shrines. This should make tracking the caravan simple, since there’s only a single road along which they should have had to rest or resupply at some point. I need you to check each of the roadside settlements until you find the last one to have seen the caravan, then track it from there and figure out what happened.

Be sure to respect the kami and the local traditions honoring them; I don’t want you to come to harm in your journey. The kami are mostly benevolent, so long as they receive the proper respect, but there are some dangers that might have harried the caravan. Bandits, hobgoblins, and giants, among other creatures, dwell within the forest. The forest also hosts some aggressive plants and animals, not to mention malign spirits such as the oni, the sworn enemies of the kami. The locals will know more than I of what perils to expect.”

Adalan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.
Bair: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14.
Mara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19.

Adalan and Mara know that the Forest of Spirits has a dense population of kami (who watch over the land, and suppress evil) and mostly benign spirits that can possess living creatures to share memories but exert little control over their hosts.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Nice forest. I know friendlier ones.

The dwarf strokes his beard.

Do we play low or high tier with bonuses from Thorax boon?


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax wrinkles his face when presented with the tea.

"What this? You have any meat to go with it?"

Sovereign Court

High tier. No level bumps, because you are all level two, and therefore 'not the lowest level possible' (i.e. 1).

Sovereign Court

Thorax is offered small sushi rolls, and some sweet meats to go with the tea.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax gobbles down the food with gusto.

"How can we be repe... Respe... Perspectful... Nice to kami?"

Sovereign Court

Amara Li waves her hand vaguely.

"Be respectful at any small shrines that you discover? Try not to cause rampant destruction? Don't kill anything in the Forest, unless it attacks you first? Those are probably a good place to start."


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax chews nervously.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"What these Longshanks look like?"

Silver Crusade

(Thorax's Ally Boon)

The aging knight sips his tea, compliments the staff, and picks at a couple pieces of sashimi, using chopsticks with practiced etiquette and skill.

He adds, "And the caravan itself. These settlements are likely used to many travelers. What descriptions can we provide to the locals?"

And then, as if in afterthought, "Do we have anyone here who speaks Minkaian?"

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Minkawhat?

The dwarf opens his eyes widely.

We are going into a forest. So people there should speak sylvan.

751 to 800 of 1,891 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.