[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


901 to 950 of 1,917 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Stabilize Flat Check DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 3

lol. That's unfortunate


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Hang on Deshacerla! Not rock food today!"

Strike, Strike, Step closer to Deshacerla.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (4) = 10

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 = 21 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) = 9

Sovereign Court

Thorax strikes twice in quick succession, his backswing chipping off another flake of stone.

Adalan keeps his mystical shield conjured, and tries to stop Deshacerla's bleeding, without success.

Deshacerla's breathing grows shallower again.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 4/5:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)

Deshacerla (-26, Unconscious, Dying 2)
SGS (-21, Persistent Electricity 1)

Dran'Thor, Mara and Bair are up!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair grunts as the exertion of the battle continues to wear on him. He flails his club multiple times.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 10 = 11 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Glancing over the creature's shoulder, Mara realizes that Adalan seems to be having trouble stabilizing Deshacerla. "Give me a second, I'll help!" She shoves her useless mace back into its sheath.

It's not like I'm doing anything to this thing anyway.

Darting around to the other side she pulls more bandages out of her bandolier. "You talk about Pharasma a lot, but I'm not letting you die on us right now."

Battle Medicine DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

Sheathe Weapon, Stride, Battle Medicine. Realized that Mara didn't actually treat anyone but herself with Battle Medicine earlier, so she can help Deshacerla now.

Sovereign Court

Bair slams his club into the statue twice, sending a network of cracks throughout its entire outer, stony shell!

Throwing caution to the wind, Mara then binds Deshacerla's wounds, causing her eyes to flutter open.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 4/5:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-16, Wounded 1)
SGS (-33, Persistent Electricity 1)

Dran'Thor and Deshacerla are up!

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Shakily getting to her feet, wiping away the drool, she nearly licks Bair's face. "Well...for one thing she's quite insistent. OH! Hey there."

Staggering to a safe distance, she turns back to the stony beast. "You see that jerk-rock?! You beat us down and we keep getting back up." Pointing to the shattered remains of its companion, she continues "Seems you lot aren't as hardy. Your best isn't good enough! Shatter and die scum!"

While the words may seem harsh, her cracked voice betrays her. Wiping a bloody tear from her cheek, the gnome sticks out its tongue.

Intimidation(Trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 to demoralize vs it's will DC

Actions:

1) Stand
2) Flee
3) fail to demoralize

Sovereign Court

*sigh* I really wish you hadn't done that, Deshacerla...

Forgetting what happened when Adalan retreated away from the other statue, Desahcerla staggers to her feet, and retreats...

...only for Red to pursue her (as a Reaction)!

As a consequence, her attempt at Intimidation falls flat, as she realises that it has 'locked on' to her again.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 4/5:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-16, Wounded 1)
SGS (-33, Persistent Electricity 1)

Dran'Thor is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf tries to strike again the rock.

What we say let you remain on stone?

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

EDIT: as Deshacerla as moved and then Red as moved as well. I modify the post. Stride first then strikes.

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor chases after the statue, and delivers a solid blow, widening the cracks.

The statue takes a swing at Deshacerla...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.

...dropping her again, before turning its attention to Dran'Thor...

Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage.

...delivering a solid blow, which leaves his head ringing.

1d20 ⇒ 2

Ti Lan takes another shot...

1d8 ⇒ 6

...widening the cracks further, to the extent that it almost looks ready to fall apart!

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 5/6:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-26, Unconscious, Dying 1, Wounded 1)

SGS (-46, Persistent Electricity 1)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf takes his mind back and prepares to give a solid hit at his turn.

This time it is your end, my rock.

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 5 = 17

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Battleaxe 3: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 10 = 12

Damage 3: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Flat Check DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Burning all my Hero Points - Stable @0 and unconscious

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair thinks. It looks painful. Then he seems to have a revelation, "IDDA CHASE ANWUN DAH RUNS!"

This revelation doesn't seem to effect his actions though as he simply steps up and tries to knock its rock-block off.

Step, Strike 2x.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 5 = 5 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"This is how Thorax Toothlicker become Thorax Kneecapper!"

Stride, Strike, Battle Medicine on Deshacerla.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 2d4 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 + (3, 1) = 16

Battle Medicine: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Sovereign Court

With a single swing, Thorax shatters the heavily damaged statue!

He then quickly applies his ... unique style of healing to Deshacerla, causing her to wake.

Kill or Cure, I suppose ;-)

Combat over!

Post-Combat stats:
Thorax (-15)
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-19, Wounded 2)

Lin Po and Ti Lan thank you profusely for your assistance.

"I shudder to think what would have happened if you had not been here. Thank-you!"

Once you have healed up as best you can, they strongly encourage you to pursue the thief with all due haste.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

How does overcharging a wand work? Failing that, we're going to need 10 minutes to rest and Treat Wounds, I think. If we can...

Treat Wounds, Assurance, Bair: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

I can cast a Heal spell. But I've only one prepared. Do you think it's the moment to use it?

The dwarf is hesitating. But they need to get better. What will they still encounter?

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

I say treat wounds on all 4 injured to get rid of wounded condition. Then burn a wand to channel then overcharge the wand to finish healing Bair. Should only delay us 40m.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

We haven't used the wand yet, so no need to overcharge unless we want to use it twice. I'd say Treat Wounds for 40 minutes, then wand, then pursue the thief.

Mara slowly gets to her feet, still shaking slightly. "That...that was close. I don't like fights that close." She shakes her head when Dran'Thor suggests casting a spell, and points at the wand. "Use that. It's what it's there for."

Thorax's style of healing may be unusual, but it's certainly effective. Mara patiently waits her turn.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

As I noticed, we already used the wand during the fight.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Deshacerla cast heal during the fight but I don't think it was using the wand, so that should still be an option. If we really want to move quickly Adalan could be the one to Treat Wounds on two of the patients and thus save 20 minutes, but he doesn't have Assurance and so might fail.

Sovereign Court

As noted, Deshacerla cast Heal; she didn't use the Wand.

Once you decide how much time you take, and roll the appropriate dice, I will advance things ;-)


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Hmm," Thorax digs through his backpack, "out of bandages. But lots of butcher paper and twine. Same same."

Ten minutes for Bair, healed 10

Ten minutes for Thorax, heals 2d8 ⇒ (7, 5) = 12

Ten minutes for Mara, heals 2d8 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Ten minutes for Deshacerla, heals 2d8 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

And however much the wand heals.

Sovereign Court

Wand: 1d8 ⇒ 7.

(Current) Post-Combat stats:
Mara (-2, Wounded 1)
Bair (-10, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-5, Wounded 2)

If you want to try and overcharge the Wand, potentially allowing Mara and Deshacerla to clear their Wounded conditions, feel free to try your luck...

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Treat Wounds removes the wounded condition, so none of us should be Wounded anymore. Although unfortunately Bair and Deshacerla are still down quite a bit of HP.

Mara straightens, feeling significantly better. "Thanks Thorax." She experimentally takes a deep breath, noting that there's still a slight twinge in her ribs, but she doesn't think it will slow her down. "Let's catch this thief so we can get out of here."

Sovereign Court

Alright then, let's crack on! Anyone who is Trained in Survival can give me a Survival check, to follow the thief's trail...

(Current) Post-Combat stats:
Mara (-2)
Bair (-10)
Deshacerla (-5)

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf is thinking it's can be a task for him, to follow tracks in the woods.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair wakes up from his nap and stumbles along after the group. He looks down at his arm, wrapped up in butcher paper and starts salivating.

Roast piggy, yum...


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Dran'Thor, think it went this way."

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Mara isn't usually the best at following tracks, but her desire to get out of the snowy woods as fast as possible proves to be a good motivator. "Whoever or whatever the thief is, they definitely went in this direction."

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor isn't quite able to find the way, but Thorax, and even more easily, Mara, are able to discern the a trail through the snow - the marks resemble pawprints, but they have the gait of a biped.

The fact that plants literally bend out of the way to make the trail even more obvious, certainly helps as well.

After following the tracks off the road and navigating deeper into the forest for about an hour, the party comes to a clearing where you find a colourfully-dressed fox-headed humanoid sitting cross-legged upon the ground, a small, twisted bonsai in an ornate pot placed in front of him.

In one hand, he holds a book full of arcane script, whilst with the other, he carefully manipulates a net of golden sigils which float in the air around the bonsai...

What would you like to do?


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)
Luke_Parry wrote:
the marks resemble pawprints, but they have the gait of a biped.

"Dog... Longshanks... Dogshanks?"

When they come to the clearing, Thorax freezes in fear...

DC 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

...but quickly snaps out of it. He then growls at the dogshanks and shouts, "Give back tiny vegetable, THIEF!"

Sovereign Court

The Kitsune looks up in surprise when Thorax makes his proclamation.

As he does so, the network of golden runes around the bonsai evaporates.

"What? No! Why did you break my concentration? I was so close to fixing everything! Then things would have gotten back to normal!"

Dran'Thor:
You realise, thanks to the Spirit that is co-habiting inside your skull, that the Kitsune can be shamed using an Intimidation check, and persuaded to give the relic to your more experienced group using either a Forest Lore or Nature check.

Basically, that needs to be: Check 1, Intimidate; then Check 2, Forest Lore or Nature.

You, and only you, add your level to these checks, if you are not already trained in the relevant skill, but you can share this information with the others, and let them make the checks, if you so wish.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"I break lots of things! That's what I do. Today I break things to rescue tiny vegetable and free tiny tiny ghost that lives inside it."

Sovereign Court

The Kitsune sighs in annoyance.

"That is what *I* have been trying to do! This area has been getting progressively more and more wild since the Kami that watched over it was taken away - when its prison was brought back here, the trees and guardian statues sensed its presence, and started to 'wake up', posing even more of a threat - without the calming influence of the kami to reassure them, they will be downright dangerous to *anyone* in this stretch of the forest. I was hoping that, by creating a warding shield around the kami's prison, I could control the flow of energy, and keep the forest on a leash, preventing any harm..."


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax narrows his beady little eyes, not really sure what the dogshanks is claiming, and waits for someone else to say something...

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

When Adalan first sees the kitsune, he studies the sigils in hopes of discovering their purpose.

Arcana or Occultism to Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 -2 if Religion is required or -6 if it's Nature.

He listens to the creature's explanation with mounting suspicion, trying to determine whether he is being truthful. Seems like this could be one of the those oni we were warned about....

Perception to Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

"If what you say is true, why not simply release the kami instead of bothering with with a 'warding shield' to control it?" Adalan asks.

Sovereign Court

Adalan does not recall any additional information about Kitsune, and is unable to get a good 'read' on it.

The Kitsune looks affronted.

"I didn't trap the Kami, so I don't know how to free it. The best I can manage is to try and channel it - in the same way that you can't stop a flood, but it might be possible to redirect it."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf is doubtfull with the strange creature. But he’s hearing what the spirits say to him like a mystic and shares this knowledge with the others.

Everybody can read the spoiler for Dran’Thor some posts up. I’m writing on the phone.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax grins eagerly. Shaming is something he can do!

"Dogshanks is silly, like a youngling with a sword!
Keep doing what you're doing and you'll anger it more!
Give it to Pathfinders, we're the ones who know best!
And you can go back to playing in your little forest."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

That's going to be a Hero Point reroll...

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

=\

Sovereign Court

The Kitsune is not impressed by Thorax.

"Pathfinders? Never heard of them. That means that you aren't from around here, so you couldn't possibly know how things work here. Why should I turn it over to you?"

i.e. *not* a success, but people can keep trying (although Thorax can't try Intimidate again)...

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara shrugs. "Because you clearly don't know what you're doing? Why'd you steal the bonsai anyway instead of asking the people that had it what they were doing? They were going to help free the trapped Kami, until you ruined things and nearly got everyone killed." Her eyes narrow. "If you'd just left well enough alone, everything would have been fixed by now. So just hand over the bonsai before someone else gets hurt."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Mara is frustrated. She's tired. Most of all, she's cold. Her chattering teeth ruin any effect her little speech might otherwise have had.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

"NO DUH WE EHN'T FRUM HEAH YA IDJUT! I EHN'T GODDA NO FURS GROWIN OUDDAMY BODEH, ODDER DAN DIS GREAT PIECE HEAH!" He runs his hand through his gorgeous locks, they spring back into place.

He continues, "DA SPIRITS SAY YOU WRONG, STOP DOIN' IT!"

Intimidation (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"ANDYA DON MESSWIDDANATURES!"

Nature (T): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax nods adamantly along with Bair. When Mara starts chattering her teeth, he points to the snow around them.

"Vegetable need warmer dirt. And electrolytes. It's what plants crave!"

Nature, Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf takes the lead back when talking about nature.

Forest and wild would let us take this bonsai back to the Pathfinder society. Otherwise the wilderness wouldn't let us arrive to you and ask you to give us the plant back.

Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Kitsune snorts at Mara's words.

"They had no idea what they were doing, either; they were just wandering around the forest, stirring up trouble! I took it from them for their own safety - they were attracting the wrong sort of attention..."

However, Bair's intimidating display rocks him back on his heels.

"Alright, maybe you do at least have the force of personality to try and see this through, but I have yet to see any indication that you know what you need to do..."

When Thorax pipes back up, he actually smiles.

"Well, that is, at least, true... I suppose I could let you take a shot at fixing things..."

His voice trails off as the ground begins to shake, as a huge gnarled tree walks through the forest, with obviously hostile intent!

"Damn. Now see? That thing right there? That was what I was trying to avoid, and lead away from you people!"

He passes his katana (a +1 Striking Katana) to Bair, and hands over the sack of loot.

"Why don't you borrow that, and see how you go?"

EAT: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18.
Adalan: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24.
Thorax: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 2 = 13.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 1:

Bair (-10)
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor

EAT
Thorax
Adalan

Bair, Mara, Deshacerla, and Dran'Thor are up!

Slide 4. Once again, this map is made using map tiles, so they don't match up exactly - all 'partial' squares are to be ignored.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara stares at the tree. "Well, s*!&. Just what we needed. More attacking trees." She snorts disdainfully as the kitsune hands over his katana. "Sure. No problem. We'll take care of it."

She moves off to one side, hoping to help flank the creature when it finishes strolling up to them. Then she pulls out her shortbow. "Doubt this will do anything, but might as well give it a shot."

Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Shortbow, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 5 = 17
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair grabs the katana with both hands, eyes glowing with excitement, "Gunna hackmeatreah!" He moves up and readies to slash the tree into little shreds when it stupidly charges the group.

Stride, Ready Strike when/if tree gets in range.

Readied:
+1 Striking Katana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 for 2 handed Slashing: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (10, 3) + 4 = 17

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Waiting behind the grove of trees, Deshacerla eyes the creature before them. With a sigh, she prepares for the combat to ensue.

in a day long meeting so quick post. Activate reach spell then cast forbidding ward. +1 bonus to Bair vs gree as 3 actions

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf casts Longstrider on himself and moves.

901 to 950 of 1,917 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.