[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 1-13: Devil At The Crossroads

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


851 to 900 of 2,192 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

Growling at the sight of the translucent figures, Deshacerla snatches the offered wand. "The dead should stay dead."

I would prefer the wand to use on Bair

"I suppose it would the right thing to do; chasing down the thief that is."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Do we sleep before to go further? Or should we go immediately? We could get HP back.

Mmm. What are really the things this creature has stolen? I mean, where they from? Are they magical? And what kind of object are they?

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 60/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 22, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Raging X Rounds Remain, 1/2 damage taken by DC

If we could actually wait for HP, we could just have a bunch of healing done every hour from our Goblin Healer with Medicine. But I expect the scenario is pushing us forwards without delay. If not, then we should definitely rest for a couple hours and heal up.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

You know, since most of Thorax's healing has been via Battle Medicine, I think I've forgotten how the basic Treat Wounds worked. It's not one hour per character, it's only ten minutes. If you do spend an hour, you instead double the healing.

Rewinding just a bit, Thorax would have used Battle Medicine on Bair, because he was dying, so he initially still heals just 10, leaving Bair at 28. But if we had time to spend on everyone else, then Deshacerla would heal another 2d8 ⇒ (7, 6) = 13 and Dran'Thor another 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10.

Then tending to Bair for an hour would heal him an additional 4d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 2, 4) = 16. Bair drank his potions for another 6, and Mara for 2. Which leaves everyone at:

Deshacerla
Thorax
Mara (-6)
Adalan
Bair (-6)
Dran'Thor

Mara, Bair and Thorax are still immune to Battle Medicine for 24 hours.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

If we instead take either the Axe or Staff, which could be useful if we fight more trees, then Thorax can use his remaining potions to heal Mara for 1d8 ⇒ 8 and Bair for 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

Thoughts?

Sovereign Court

As far as I can tell, the intention of the scenario is to hurry you along as quickly as possible, once you reach this point. That said, I am fine with the little bit of rewinding that Thorax asked for, especially since...

Almost as soon as you have accepted the Wand, this is a shout of alarm from the Caravan, as two vaguely-humanoid stone statues stride out of the forest, with obviously hostile intent!

SGS: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11.
Adalan: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 = 7.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 2 = 23.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 20.
Thorax: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 1:

Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-6)

SGS (-, -)
Thorax
Bair (-6)

Adalan, Dran'Thor, Deshacerla, and Mara are up!

Sorry for the temporary lack of map - it uses map tiles, which will take me a little while to assemble.

EDIT: To answer Dran'Thor's question, the stuff that was stolen was 'unspecified loot', apart from the Bonsai (which is Amara Li's relic).

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

If I'm within 10ft of the creatues, I'll 'Step' away first. After the last fight Deshacerla is a tad weary of being too close

"Really? But we gotta go...fine!"

Pointing towards the closest opponent, she calls out. "Feel the mental annoyance you've caused!"

Cast Daze. Basic Will Save DC 18. 4 mental damage. Stunned 1 on a crit failure

Actions:

1) Step if needed
2-3) Cast Daze

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

I also won't stay near the foes.

The dwarf surrounds one creature I don't see which one now in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 3 Reflex save. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.

Then he raises his shield and will use Shield block if attacked.

Sovereign Court

Map updated. This time, since they didn't beat you on initiative, they are a reasonable distance away ;-)

Also, I am aware that the map tiles don't actually meet-up properly, but that is how they are represented on the map; any 'partial' squares do not actually exist.

Deshacerla casts her spell, but it washes over her target with no effect (immune).

Dran'Thor targets Blue as well...

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.

...but it does not take any damage (although unlike Deshacerla's spell, the Tempest Surge definitely *worked*).

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 1:

Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-6)
SGS (-, -)
Thorax
Bair (-6)

Adalan and Mara are up!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 5 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +10 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +9 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara pulls out her bow and quickly fires at the incoming statues. Not being particularly eager to set herself up for a pounding, she decides it's better to harass them with ranged attacks while they approach.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Shortbow, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 5 = 5
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Attacking Red, since that's the only one I can see at the moment. Also you have got to be kidding me with that damage. Two ones in a row...not that the second attack hit anyway.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Earlier, while Thorax is providing medical care, Adalan adjusts his spell selection to prepare for potential future encounters with more plant creatures.

Using spell substitution to swap color spray for grease and ghost sound for produce flame.

When he notices the statues' approach, Adalan creates dozens of illusory, serrated drills that seem to burst from the ground along the path to the south and spin rapidly, hopefully forcing the statue in that direction to approach with caution.

Casting a three-action warped terrain (DC 18).

Sovereign Court

Mara's arrows bounce off the stone statue.

Adalan creates a terrifying illusion...

Blue, uncaring of the potential danger from the drills, moves closer in a straight line...

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6.

...and appears to be slowed by the drill effect, spending its entire action to close with the party.

Red, on the other hand, simply heads straight for the one who shot at it, and starts swinging!

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31, for 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 1) + 12 = 14 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage.

Its first blow knocks the wind out of Mara, but she dodges the second swing.

Lin Po tries to help...

1d8 ⇒ 6

...but his crossbow bolt bounces off Red's stony exterior.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 1/2:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax
Bair (-6)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-20)

SGS (-, -)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 60/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 22, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Raging X Rounds Remain, 1/2 damage taken by DC

Bair draws his club and moves past the enemy to flank with Mara, "I godda swahd too, enwon no iffn it wahks beddah?"

He takes a hack at the unknown creature to test the effectiveness of his club.

Interact, Stride, Strike Red.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Noting the ineffectuality of his companions' attacks on the statues, Adalan wracks his brain for any knowledge of what they could be and how they might be fought more effectively. As he thinks, he steps into the space Bair vacated and then retreats off the path.

Step, Stride, Recall Knowledge about the statues. Assuming they're constructs, Adalan's Crafting modifier for the secret check is +8.

Sovereign Court

Bair angrily moves to flank with Mara, but his attack misses (albeit barely).

Adalan decides that discretion is the better part of valour, and tries to recall what he can about the creatures...

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12.

...but apart from believing them to be some kind of unusual construct, rather than, say, an elemental, he is not sure what they are...

...and he gets a rather unpleasant shock when, as a reaction, the creature chases after him!

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 1/2:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax
Bair (-6)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-20)

SGS (-, -)

Thorax, Dran'Thor, Deshacerla, and Mara are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

DC 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Thorax's ears betray his fear as the statues close in on the group, but once Mara is clobbered, he snaps out of it. Seeing that she and Bair have [red] flanked, Thorax turns his attention to [blue].

"Hey! Rockshanks! You no bash squishy wizard."

Step, Quickdraw/Strike with Shortsword, Quickdraw/Strike with Light Mace (testing for DR); Not sure if Adalan provides a flank?

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 vs FF?
Magic, Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10
Sneak Attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12 vs FF?
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sneak Attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Thorax's first strike smacks the mobile statue smartly on the head, flaking off a small chunk of stone; the strike was not, however, as effective as if it had been against a flesh-and-blood foe.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 1/2:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax
Bair (-6)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-20)

SGS (-4, -)

Dran'Thor, Deshacerla, and Mara are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Stupid rockshanks. Why couldn't you be made of meat??"

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 5 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +10 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +9 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara's poor ribs are getting really, really tired of the abuse they're taking. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Thorax pull out a mace. Probably a good idea, I think slashing this thing would just dull my swords.

With no better ideas, she pulls out her mace and just tries to hit the damn thing.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8

Light Mace, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Light Mace, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 8 = 8 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3) = 5

Strike three times and pray to dicebot to forgive Mara's transgressions because she has clearly sinned in the eyes of the Random Number Gods.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

Still concerned about getting smacked for her troubles, Deshacerla steps back. Looking from one statue to the other, she considers the options 'Well...Bair and Mara seem to be alone here...lets make it 3 on 1 then.'

Weaving together the divine, she points at Mara. "Let the gods protect you, dear."

Cast Forbidden Ward on Mara vs Red
+1 Status Bonus to Saves/AC vs Red for you

Actions:

1) Step
2-3) Cast Forbidding Ward

Sovereign Court

Yes, Mara *really* hasn't had much luck recently...

Mara strikes at Red, but all of her attacks simply miss.

Deshacerla tries to ward Mara against harm.

Dran'Thor-BOT:

Dran'Thor starts swinging with his battleaxe...

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage.
Battleaxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.

...but his weapon also bounces off, or simply miss.

Red keep swinging at Mara...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage.

...its first attack dropping her, before its second slams into Bair's ribs.

Blue then starts swinging at Thorax...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage.

...and lands a pair of devastating punches.

Ti Lan tries to help...

1d8 ⇒ 3

...but once again, their crossbow bolt bounces off Blue's stony hide.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 2/3:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-27)
Bair (-20)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-24, Unconscious, Dying 1)

SGS (-4, -)

Party is up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Two questions: is Adalan threatening? And is the green difficult terrain?

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 60/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 22, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Raging X Rounds Remain, 1/2 damage taken by DC

Bair enrages and starts wailing away with his club, not caring to do anything else until the thing is rubble.

Rage (+4 Temp HP), Strike Red 2x.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 5 = 9 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Sovereign Court

@Thorax: Adalan hasn't explicitly stated that he has drawn a weapon, so I am going with no. Dran'Thor, on the other hand...

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Excuse me. I'm late. I had a small car accident. What is the blue circle?

Sovereign Court

That is Adalan's spell, which prevented the Blue statue from attacking on the first round.

Sovereign Court

Bair whacks red, creating some small cracks at the impact point of his club.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 2/3:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-27)
Bair (-20)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-24, Unconscious, Dying 1)

SGS (-4, -2)

Party (sans-Bair) is up!

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

"Mara!"

Narrowing her eyes, the gnome focuses her attention on the red tinged foe. "Just die already you fiend!"

"While you still stand, let me show you the chill that awaits in the here after!"

Cast Chill Touch at 30ft Range vs Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Negative Energy Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
Basic Fort DC 18 - on a crit failure enfeebled 1 for 1 round

Actions:

1) Reach Spell
2-3) Cast Chill Touch vs Red

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 5 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +10 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +9 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara doesn't even know what hit her. She falls to the ground with a vague thought of ...I know it's the damn snow's fault somehow.

Stabilization DC11: 1d20 ⇒ 2

She slips deeper into unconsciousness.

Dying 2

At least it wasn't a critical failure?


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax steps into a flank with Dran'Thor, sheathes his shortsword, and strikes at the statue!

"Goblin dance and goblin bash,
While dwarven axe cut and slash..."

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (6) = 13

"Your time, Dran'Thor! Knock it down!
Make it crumble to the ground!"

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Increasingly concerned by the battle's direction and drawing a blank on the statues' weaknesses, Adalan resorts to a blunter tactic. He extends a hand towards the creature directly in front of him, and a simple metal ring he wears begins to glow green and emit a deep thrum. Adalan then spends several seconds on an incantation which causes a series of incandescent magical pulses to stream out of the ring and into the statue's torso.

Using Drain Bonded Item to recast a three-action magic missile.

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 3 = 11

Sovereign Court

Now this is where things get interesting...

Thanks to the distraction provided by Dran'Thor, Thorax manages to find a weak point in the statue's strata, sending a network of cracks throughout its form!

Adalan then peppers it with a flurry of magic missiles, which strike deep into the cracks, widening them further (crucially, the damage does *not* appear to have been resisted, this time around).

Deshacerla than targets Red with a Chill Touch...

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26.

...but although the stone blackens slightly, it is otherwise unaffected.

Mara continues to bleed.

Dran'Thor-BOT:

Scenting possible victory, Dran'Thor hacks away at Blue...

Battleaxe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.
Battleaxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.
Battleaxe: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2, for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.

...and whilst only one strike hits, it has full effect, further widening the network of cracks!

Blue responds by swinging wildly at Thorax...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.

...landing a single blow, which knocks the wind out of him.

Meanwhile, Red continues to pummel Bair...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage.

...dropping the Goblin Barbarian with two bone-crunching hits, before sliding up to Deshacerla.

Lin Po fires another bolt at Blue...

1d8 ⇒ 3

...and this time, thanks to the network of cracks, manages to do some actual damage; Blue seems like it is on the verge of cracking apart!

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 3/4:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-35)
Bair (-38, Unconscious, Dying 2)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-24, Unconscious, Dying 2)

SGS (-44, -2)

Party is up!

As a reminder to those who are unconscious - you can 'purge' your Hero Point to automatically stabilise...

Alternately, if someone wants to area-burst-heal with the wand, that would help most of the party...


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Ironically, the three ppl who are hurt the most are the three I can't heal at the moment.

The corner of Thorax's mouth drips red and his misshapen head looks a little more dented than usual.

"You. Pay. For. That! RAARRR!"

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 vs FF
Crit, Bludgeoning, Sneak: 2d4 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 8 + (3, 4) = 17

If that drops the statue, Thorax pulls out his lesser healing potion and drinks it for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12. If the statue still stands, Thorax attacks once more and then pulls out his potion.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 = 16 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3) = 11

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf strikes with all his energy.

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Battleaxe 3: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5

Damage 3: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thorax's first strike shatters the heavily injured statue into hundreds of small chunks of rubble!

He then quickly drinks a potion.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 3/4:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-23)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-24, Unconscious, Dying 2)
Bair (-38, Unconscious, Dying 2)

SGS (-2)

Party (sans-Thorax) is up; Dran'Thor can change his action.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

Please...no AoO...

Staring the beast in the shin, Deshacerla smiles grimly. "Give it your best shot jerk!"

Channel: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Should get everyone as 3 actions

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan shifts position and then projects a beam of freezing cold at the remaining statue, aware that it is unlikely to have much effect but lacking any better method of attack.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Cold Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sovereign Court

Adalan shoots a ray of frost which impacts upon the construct's flank, but apart from spraying some pretty ice crystals across its surface, has no effect.

Deshacerla calls upon Pharasma's might, and channels, healing her injured party members, and causing Mara and Bair to wake up!

AoO is *not* a Reaction that it has ;-)

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 3/4:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Deshacerla
Mara (-16)
Bair (-30)
SGS (-2)

Dran'Thor, Mara, and Bair are up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves. Then he surrounds the remaining foe in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 3

Reflex save. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 5 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +10 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +9 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara wakes up to a face full of snow. Ugh...what happened? Above her she can hear the sounds of fighting. Guess...guess I gotta get up. She struggles to her feet, picking up the mace that she'd dropped, and heavily swings it at the creature.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
B. Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Stand, Interact to grab the mace, Strike.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 60/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 22, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Raging X Rounds Remain, 1/2 damage taken by DC

Bair feels the healing roll over him and opens his eyes, "Jeez dis ehn't fun, enwon seeda namadaherse dat ranmeovah?"

He stands and slams back a small vial of liquid.

Stand, Interact to draw then drink minor elixir of life for 1d6 ⇒ 3 healing & +1 saves vs. poisons/diseases for 10m.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.

The statue doesn't really notice the electricity damage, but it is buffeted by the winds.

Mara takes a swing, and manages to hit, thanks to it being off-kilter from Dran'Thor's spell, but she doesn't penetrate its rocky hide.

Bair groans, stands, and drinks a healing vial.

The remaining statue continues to focus on Deshacerla...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25, for 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (3, 5) + 12 = 20 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24, for 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (4, 5) + 12 = 21 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 = 6, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage.

...dropping the poor Gnome with a pair of bone-crunching hits, before turning its attention to Mara! Luckily, its final attack is so clumsy, that it is easily avoided.

1d20 ⇒ 3

Ti Lan than fires another shot...

1d8 ⇒ 4

...but it bounces off the creature's rocky hide.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 4/5:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16)
Bair (-27)

Deshacerla (-26, Unconscious, Dying 2)
SGS (-2, Persistent Electricity 1)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 60/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 22, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Raging X Rounds Remain, 1/2 damage taken by DC

Bair picks up his club and rushes in, thumping through the woods to get into a flanking position with Mara. "DIS STASHUE EHNT GONNA BEST US!"

Interact to grab weapon, Sudden Charge to get into position and strike.

Greatclub Flanking: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Not currently Raging so AC is 19, got knocked unconscious and can't rage again for 8 more rounds.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 4 | HP: 44/44| AC 18 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +9; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric; Resist 2 Evil| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +8 | 25ft | Focus: 1/1; Hero Pts: 1/1 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 3/4 +1| Active Conditions: Taking 1/2 Bairs Damage.
Familiar Stats:
HP 20/20 | AC 18 | F: +8 R: +8 W: +9 | Perc/Stealth +8; Low-Light/Darkvision

Flat Check to Stabilize DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Without any effective way to harm the statue, Adalan draws his healing tools and throws up a floating shield of force. He then moves past the creature and gets into position to staunch Deshacerla’s wounds.

+1 to AC for the round and will Shield Block 5 damage if hit.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Storm Druid) / HP 70/70 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +13, AC 23 (+2 with shield), Fort +12 Ref +11 Will +13 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3, 3d 2/2 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf tries the same tactic as with the previous one: to flank the foe with Thorax.

Come on guys! Take it down!

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 5 | HP: 48/48 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +7, Ref +13, Will +10 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +9 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Flanking with Bair, Mara sees Adalan hurrying to Deshacerla's side. "Take care of her, we've got this!"

I hope.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

Light Mace, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 4 = 16 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (1) = 4

Light Mace, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 8 = 7 vs FF
B. Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax hops into a flank with Dran'Thor.

"Thanks, Doc!"

Stride, Strike, Strike.

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (5) = 11

Light Mace: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 4 = 24 vs FF
Bludgeoning, Sneak: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1) = 7

Sovereign Court

Thorax moves up, and lands two deft strikes, which knock off small chips of stone.

Adalan calls up a defensive shield, then pulls out his healing kit, ready to aid Deshacerla.

Dran'Thor moves in, and starts swinging; his first strike hits, although most of the force of the blow is absorbed by its tough shell.

Mara attacks in a blitzkrieg of swings, but only the first lands, chipping away slightly at the stone.

Bair then delivers a solid whack, which starts to crack the stone, ever so slightly.

Meanwhile, Deshacerla manages to avoid slipping closer to death.

The statue starts swinging at the opponents gathered around it, starting with Mara...

Slam: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage.
Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage.

...and luckily, she manages to dodge every blow!

1d20 ⇒ 10.

Lin Po fires another shot...

1d8 ⇒ 1

...but it just bounces off the statue.

Defenders of the Spirit Road, Round 4/5:

Lin Po / Ti Lan
Thorax (-15)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Mara (-16, Wounded 1)
Bair (-27, Wounded 1)
Deshacerla (-26, Unconscious, Dying 1)

SGS (-18, Persistent Electricity 1)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 (resist evil 2)| AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan kneels by Deshacerla and does his best to tend to her wounds, muttering an incantation to maintain his shield as he works.

Administer First Aid (DC 16): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

+1 AC for the round and will Shield Block 5 damage if hit.

851 to 900 of 2,192 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.