[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


951 to 1,000 of 1,941 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Why forest not have creatures made of meat? Stupid forest."

Sovereign Court

Bair moves forward, and readies to strike the Tree when it comes within range.

Mara moves forward and starts shooting with her shortbow, but is unsurprised when her arrows simply bounce off.

Deshacerla wards Bair.

Dran'Thor casts Longstrider, and moves forward.

The huge tree ponderously moves forward, and starts flailing at Bair (yes, it is doing so with 20' reach)...

Branch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35, for 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4, 7, 7) + 12 = 35 damage.

...hammering him into the ground like a fence post, before continuing to move forward.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 1/2:

Thorax
Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-38, Unconscious, Dying 1)

EAT (-)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Seriously, I've been crit like five times in this game, what the heck.

Stabilize DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Hero Point burned cause we probably have very few heals left.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Geez. Alright, Dran'Thor, time to show us those dwarven tanking skills!

Very pertinent question: is the grove of trees around the Treant difficult terrain?

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara's eyes widen as the tree casually bashes Bair into the ground. Oh f$@+. Not good. Very not good.

"Dran'Thor, you speak tree, right? Sylvan? Any chance you can talk this thing out of attacking us?!"

Delaying until after Dran'Thor's turn.

Sovereign Court

To be clear: The tree shows no inclination to talk, even to a Druid.

Also, to answer Thorax's question, the trees are not explicitly called out as being difficult terrain in the scenario, so I am going to say that they don't block movement.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan watches in consternation at the tree's rapid takedown of Bair. Please, not this again.

He steps away from the thrashing branches, then remembers that he prepared a spell specifically to deal with another plant-based attack. With a sibilant incantation, Adalan swirls a fiery orb into existence above one palm and hurls it at the tree.

Produce Flame Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Adalan steps back, and tosses a ball of flame at the tree.

It impacts on one of the tree's branches, and spreads upward, immolating the leaves, and causing the tree to writhe in pain!

Meanwhile, Bair stops bleeding.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 1/2:

Thorax
Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor

Bair (-38, Stable, Wounded 1)
EAT (-18)

Thorax, Mara, Deshacerla, and Dran'Thor are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

DC 5 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Normally, Goblins are enthralled by fire, but whether it's the suddenness of Adalan's pyrotechnic attack or the recent pounding that Bair took, Thorax seems rather frightful of the whole encounter.

Nonetheless, he swallows his fear and strides behind the gigantic vegetable and tries a couple of quick strikes.

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 4 = 27
Slashing: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 2) + 8 = 17

Sovereign Court

Thorax's first strike bounces off the tree's bark, but his second carves deep into the wood of its main trunk!

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 1/2:

Thorax
Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor

Bair (-38, Stable, Wounded 1)
EAT (-35)

Mara, Deshacerla, and Dran'Thor are up!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara rushes up to Bair, pulling out a few bandages along the way. "Come on, come on..." Realizing that she doesn't exactly have time for a full treatment given the BIG GIANT TREE in her face, she settles for roughly shaking him awake. "Get up, you don't have time for a nap!"

Battle Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

Shivering slightly, she stares down the tree. She's under no illusions that she could survive a hit like the one Bair just took. But she's a g$%#!$ned Pathfinder, and her companions, her friends, are counting on her.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Stride, Battle Medicine, Strike. Mara, Deshacerla, and now Bair are immune to Mara's Battle Medicine for the rest of the day.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Frowning, Desharcerla calls out to the goblin. "If you'll allow me to bring you farther from Her Grace, I'll grant you more life."

1 action: reach spell
2-3: Cast Touch of Undeath on Bair.

Bair, you can choose to crit fail and count as undead for 1 minute for spells. Or you can try a will save DC 18

Touch of undeath

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair wakes frantically, hearing DC hollering something about accepting her spell and just shrugs, no clue what it will do.

Bair will intentionally fail to resist that spell. Please no one try to 'Heal' me now, it would hurt. I'm assuming (hoping) DC has a plan.

If Bair gets a turn this round:
He stands, grabs his sword and flails it at the tree.

Stand, Interact, Strike

+1 Striking Katana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for Slashing: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf surrounds the tree in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 1

Reflex save DC 18. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.

Sovereign Court

Mara moves forward, and essentially kicks Bair awake, before trying a strike which carves away some bark.

Deshacerla casts a spell, making Bair feel a little less alive...

Dran'Thor causes a lightning bolt to strike the tree...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22.

...which shudders slightly.

Bair staggers to his feet, picks up his weapon, and takes a swing; but having just come back from the brink of death, his reflexes are a little slow, and his blow goes wide.

The tree then starts swinging at Thorax...

Branch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12 damage.
Branch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 6 = 21 damage.
Branch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 = 17 damage.

...the one blow it does manage leaving his ears ringing.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 2/3:

Thorax (-21)
Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-26, Wounded 1)

EAT (-44)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair shakes his head to clear the cobwebs and then screams, "AAAAHHHHHH DIE TREAH!"

Rage, Strike 2x

+1 Striking Katana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 for Slash + Rage: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 2 = 13

+1 Striking Katana - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 5 = 18 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Slash + Rage: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10, 2) + 4 + 2 = 18

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf tries again to cast a Tempest surge against the tree.

Tempest surge: 1d12 ⇒ 4

Reflex save DC 18. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 1 persistent electricity damage.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"OW! Why don't you make like a tree and die!"

Don't think that trees can be intimidated, so just Strike x3

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + (6) = 18

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 4 = 11 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 + (6) = 21

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 8 = 17 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 + (1) = 14

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Grasping her holy symbol, the gnome begins to chant. Biting her pointer finger, she flicks some blood in Bair direction before black energy engulfs the goblin.

ToU, Blood Magic Harm to heal undead: 1d8 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 17

1) Reach Spell
2-3 Blood Magic Harm

Sovereign Court

Thorax swings nearly faster than the eye can see, but all he manages to do is chip off a small amount of bark.

Deshacerla uses her last spell of the day to channel the raw energy of undeath into Bair, significantly healing his wounds.

Dran'Thor channels another lightning bolt...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19.

...which shakes off a few leaves from the branch that it hits.

Bair rages and swings, but, distracted but the unusual feelings sweeping his body, can't land a blow.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 2/3:

Thorax (-21)
Adalan
Mara (-2)

Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-9, Wounded 1)
EAT (-46)

Adalan and Mara are up!

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Not knowing what else to do, Mara keeps swinging. We have to take this thing down!

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 8 = 12 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (1) = 8

Blinks at dice, which apparently don't know that numbers other than 1 and 6 exist.

Sovereign Court

Mara swings mightily, but only her second strike manages to pierce the tree's thick bark.

Adalan-BOT:

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Fire damage.

Adalan's ball of flame, on the other hand, proves to be quite effective!

The tree, writhing in pain, swings at Thorax...

Branch: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 6 = 17 damage.
Branch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 7) + 6 = 16 damage.
Branch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, for 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 8) + 6 = 21 damage.

...pounding him into the ground like a tent stake.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 3/4:

Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-9, Wounded 1)
Thorax (-46, Unconscious, Dying 1)

EAT (-72)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan continues his fiery fusillade.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Why goblins so sleepy all the time?" inquires Deshacerla, tugging the wand from her pocket.

Looking it over, she smiles. "Who says you can only use these once?"

Heal Thorax: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Flat Check DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Thorax is awake! And wand is broken, but not destroyed

Sovereign Court

Adalan tosses another bead of fire, but this one sails through the tree's branches.

Deshacerla uses the wand to heal Thorax, causing his eyes to flutter open again, but breaking the wand in the process.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 3/4:

Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-9, Wounded 1)
Thorax (-32, Wounded 1)

EAT (-72)

Mara, Dran'Thor, Bair and Thorax are up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair yells at the Goblin across from him, "GEDUPANHIDDIT!"

He hacks away trying to hit the dang thing and actually do more than peel off bark.

Strike 3x

+1 Striking Katana Flanking?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 for Slash + Rage: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 8) + 4 + 2 = 19

+1 Striking Katana - MAP Flanking?: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 5 = 15 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Slash + Rage: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 2 = 15

+1 Striking Katana - MAP Flanking?: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 10 = 7 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Slash + Rage: 2d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9, 2) + 4 + 2 = 17

Sovereign Court

Bair's first strike carves deep into the wood of the tree, but his subsequent strikes are unable to capitalise upon that first impressive blow.

The Forest is ALIVE!, Round 3/4:

Adalan
Mara (-2)
Deshacerla (-5)
Dran'Thor
Bair (-9, Wounded 1)
Thorax (-32, Wounded 1)
EAT (-91)

Mara, Dran'Thor, and Thorax are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax YAWNS and STRETCHES and blinks his eyes and...

"Uh-oh."

...rolls around the ground, grabs his weapon, jumps up and shanks the tree in one of its roots.

Stand, Interact, Strike

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 + (6) = 16

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves forward and casts a shocking grasp at the tree.

Melee touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Damage: 2d12 ⇒ (10, 2) = 12

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Nice one, Deshacerla!" Hopefully they can take this thing down soon, because Mara's pretty sure they're out of healing. But for now Thorax is up and distracting the tree from the other side, so she can keep hitting it from this one.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (2) = 7

Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 = 20 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3) = 5

Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 8 = 10 vs Flatfooted
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) = 6

Sovereign Court

Mara delivers a small cut, slashing away a loose branch.

Dran'Thor charges in, smacking the tree's main trunk with a blast of electricity that causes it to drop a *lot* of leaves!

Finally, Thorax wakes up, picks up his blade, and hacks viciously into the tree's main trunk.

With an earth-shattering crack, the tree falls over!

Combat over.

As it does so, green light spills from the twisted bonsai, eventually coalescing into a humanoid figure with moss-like skin and a conical hat.

The Kodama bows to the party.

"Thank-you for both returning me to my home and dispatching the usurpers that had profaned my grove while I was imprisoned. Please, keep the Bonsai. You will forever be welcome in my stretch of the Forest of Spirits."

It then disappears, like mist on a summer's morning.

Following that, the Kitsune approaches again, all smiles.

"Well, that turned out rather well, I think! Good luck with the rest of your journey."

He then scampers off into the forest.

With the villain defeated, the party is able to lead the caravan safely along the remainder of the Spirit Road into Minkai. There you reunite with Amara Li and present her with the relic. She is relieved to see everyone returning safely, including Lin Po and Ti Lan. She listens keenly to the tale of your exploits in the Forest of Spirits, fascinated that the relic housed a trapped kami all this time and that neither she nor her benefactor had any idea. Finally, she suggests that all of you take a well-earned rest before embarking on new adventures!

Scenario completed!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

That last fight was tough! Thank you for the excitement!

Sovereign Court

Commencing - 1-07: Flooded King's Court

(This scenario starts in media res...)

As you stand outside the crumbling playhouse in the Puddles District, you can't help but reflect on how you ended up here.

Shortly after returning to Absalom, the City at the Centre of the World, you were each handed a note from Drandle Dreng (Handout 1, Slide 2).

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19.

Adalan and Mara both recall that the Crookedtoes goblins are led by Zusgut, who is obsessed with performance and acting. His tribe has taken over an old playhouse in the Puddles district that no one else wants because the Puddles are slowly sinking.

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7.

Mara knows that the wererats who once ran the criminal activities in the area were pushed out long ago and replaced by a gang of weresharks who found the waterlogged nature of the location to their liking. Members of the gang can be identified by their teeth, which appear to be filed to points.

Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.

Dran'Thor knows that the playhouse was the home of the Greater Absalom Performing Arts Guild for 50 years prior to the earthquake that shook the city 20 years ago. During its heyday, it boasted frequent, well‑attended performances and a particularly vibrant youth program.

------------

Despite the daily flooding, the structure seems to have withstood the vicissitudes of time remarkably well...

It is roughly square‑shaped and measures 120 feet on each side of the outside walls. The stone foundation is in rather good condition considering the earthquake 20 years ago, and the wooden walls are still solid, but the exterior’s paint is mostly chipped away, many windows are broken, and the wooden shingles rotten and failing. A few creeping plants grow along the exterior. Inside is a vestibule, a smaller theater‑in‑the‑round “black box” theater, several rooms that were once offices, storage, and dressing rooms, and a large auditorium‑style theater with a raised stage, orchestra pit, and balcony. Goblins fill every available space like rats in a corn silo.

The air in the building is damp and puddles of muddy, stagnant water are everywhere. A number of birds and insects (especially mosquitos) make their home in the dim light of the building. To alleviate the mosquito problem, the goblins burn torches that produce a thick black smoke.

These flickering torches fail to fully illuminate this large auditorium within the mostly‑ruined playhouse. Hints of the former beauty and majesty of the building are marred by the smell of mildew and ever‑present water puddles. The northern end of the space is occupied by a raised stage, with a large chair that must have once been used as a throne in a theatrical production long ago.

Goblins move throughout the room, some gathered in small clusters roasting food over open fires, others sleeping in what remains of the auditorium’s chairs. On the crumbling balcony, a goblin choir rehearses, each member singing a different song, or perhaps the same song with different words, lyrics, and tempo. Goblin children chase each other about, their leashes dangling from their necks as they screech and shout. Occasionally a leash catches on a bit of furniture or rubble, bringing the wearer crashing to the ground while their companions laugh uproariously.

From atop the throne a voice rings out, cutting across the chaos, clear and annunciated, although obviously still a goblin’s. “Oho, what’s this! Another group looking to throw their hats into the ring, as it were? Probably the Pathfinders I was expecting.” There is an angry yell from a group of humans wearing armour and bearing sheathed weapons dimly visible near the stage. The goblin turns and addresses the interruption from the grousing warriors. “Now, now. I never said anything about exclusive rights, did I? Hah!”

He then turns back to you, and grins.

“So, Pathfinders. I’m sure you’ve heard about our trouble with a creature in the basement. What is it your organization is willing to do for my kingdom, and why should I let you go instead of these fine folks?” he asks, gesturing to the warriors.

For reference, a picture of the king is on Slide 3 :-)

Now, this next stage is a skill challenge - for this part, you need to try and butter up the King...

Each PC may try one of the following checks (or spend the appropriate resource):

Show Artistic Skill - tell a flattering story, and draw a picture of the King! (Performance)

Bribery! (50 silver pieces)

Flattery - Use Fancy Language - Goblins are Great! (Diplomacy)

My Time Is More Important Than My Money! (offer to spend 4 Down Time this scenario working for the King)


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

FWIW, flavorfully if not mechanically, Thorax is one of the "Heroes of the Crookedtoes tribe" after playing We Be Heroes (his first Chronicle)

Thorax is simply in awe at the beauty of it all. "Longshanks can learn a thing or two about high density housing from this!"

To help impress the King, Thorax shows off his array of weaponry, jewelry, pointy teeth, and a recently butchered wolf steak...

"Great King Zusgut! You're the best!
We know you good and generous!
Such great crown and such good tribe!
We solve your problem; we don't even need bribe!"

Performance (singing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair surveys the scene, running his hand through his hair and feeling it spring back into place. He looks around at the various fellow gobbos, "How u doin?"

Dis place a mess, boss'd have me hide if I let our base go to crap. But eh... gobbo's still come long ways since early days.

"Hey dere kingo, you godda leh gobbo's handah gobbo binness, senddem uvvers pakkin."

Diplomacy (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Sovereign Court

The King is *really* impressed by Thorax's song, beaming happily, and preening self-importantly.

Unfortunately, next to that, Bair's introduction comes across as a bit lackluster.

If no-one else wants to do anything, that is fine, but I at least need a post acknowledging that, before I move on.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Clearing her throat, Deshacerla steps forward. "Oh wise and honorable king, we appreciate your efforts to rejuvenate this area. The skillful performances created by your tribe precede you."

"Naturally, one need look beyond the actors themselves for such fame. As it is you that pull the talent from them. You are the one that is capable of bringing their skills out and use them where they fit best."

"It would be our honor to help you with your situation, if only to be closer to you. Our aid would help show all we fully embrace your talents, good king."

Diplomacy(Trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Sovereign Court

Deshacerla, on the other hand, manages to use sufficiently flowery language to appeal to the King's pride, causing him to puff up some more!

Waiting on Adalan, Dran'Thor, and Mara.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Daaang, that is one excellent heaping pile right there DC, NICE!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf follows the scene stroking his beard. When the king asks his question, the dwarf lifts an eyelid.

He can't choose bribery, never. He's a dwarf. Given away pieces isn't written in dwarf's mind. And it isn't clear for him that this king deserve is work. So he has to speak.

You will let us inside because you're clever enough to see that we're the best team to manage the danger which lurks there, aren't you?

Then he stays on his battleaxe.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ouf. It's not a crit.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara starts to open her mouth to say something flattering, then closes it after hearing Deshacerla's speech. Crap, there's no way I can say anything that would top that. Um, think Mara think...

"Well, I'm afraid I can't speak for the entire Pathfinder Society, but I'm sure there's something I could do to help your kingdom." She smiles enigmatically. "I'm a woman with many talents. And many connections, particularly in Absalom. Just let me know what you need."

Rather than continue laying on the Diplomacy, Mara will spend some Downtime working for the king.

Sovereign Court

@Dran'Thor: It may not be a 1, but you still failed by 10 or more...

Already uncomfortable with having a Dwarf in their midst, all of the Goblins tense up when they see Dran'Thor caressing his battleaxe, assuming he is making a threat.

However, the King has sufficient grace to ignore the (apparently) implied threat.

He does, however, smile favorably when Mara offers to help out.

"Good, good! Some Longshanks no like dealing with us Goblinses, so you can be very helpful, yes?"

Just waiting on Adalan.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Happy to show tribe new delicacy found only in Absalom - roasted stray dog trimmed with salted pickles. The secret is in the cut."

If possible, Thorax would also like to volunteer Downtime ^_^

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Trying to avoid grinning undiplomatically at the various goblins' antics, Adalan steps forward and addresses the king. "I would be glad to place my spellcasting services at the disposal of so great a monarch as yourself."

Spending downtime. Sorry for the delay. I'll post Adalan's updated signup when I have time in a few hours.

Sovereign Court

@Thorax: You most certainly can :-)

The King is even happier when Thorax offers to act as a visiting chef, and when Adalan offers to put his spellcasting services at the tribe's disposal!

The goblin leader sits thinking for a while, then springs to his feet and points a finger high in the sky. “I know!” he says. “We should have a contest to see who goes! You can read lines from my play.” The surrounding goblins cheer. He squints at the mercenaries. “Since you got here first, you can go first! Show starts in two minutes!” At this news, another cheer goes up from the Crookedtoes goblins and they begin to crowd toward the stage.

For this section, you can do two things:

Heckle The Other Team! (Bluff)

Do The Bestest Performance Ever! (Performance)

Once again, you don't *have* to attempt either check, but each PC can attempt to try both, if they wish.

For reference, the play is on Slide 4.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

OMGEEK!! "We Be Heroes: The Play" LMAOOOO!!

Of course Thorax begins by heckling the other team...

"You Longshank Mercs, you think you can act?
Your voices too deep, your jowls are too fat!
We Goblins are natural performers at heart,
No way you compete with this piece of art!"

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

And when it's his turn, Thorax reprises the role of Grenek, the salty old Goblin who's sired half of the tribe.

Performance (singing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Silver Crusade

(Thorax's Ally Boon)

"They... they put *me* in the play? I don't know how I feel about that..."

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Not particularly confident in his acting ability, particularly given the material and audience, Adalan decides to focus on heckling. He keeps up a running commentary on the flaws in the other team's characterization of the goblin heroes, making up obscure facts about the heroes' particular mannerisms and then dramatically complaining about the actors' disregard for these important historical details. At opportune moments, he punctuates their lines with loud farting noises using his illusionary magic.

Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf remains stroking his beard. Now they are wanting some singing. Do they search for adventurers or for troubadours? The dwarf is doubtful. But the goblins of the party seem to feel like home. Let's see what happen. He won't try to interfere. And the king isn't sensible to his argument, a thing that he doesn't understand. The dwarf's word is something important. Most of all, he doesn't speak a lot. So when it happen they must be heard.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara reads through the script and tries very hard to keep a straight face. She does have many skills, but acting isn't one of them. Annoying people though...that she can do.

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

As the other group prepares to read their lines, she sidles up to one of them. "Word of advice, make sure you really emphasize just how desperate you are. Just how weak and unskilled and absolutely terrible you are compared to goblins. The goblins are so mighty, how could you ever compare?" She gives him a pitying look. "It should be pretty easy for you to look pathetic. You don't even have to act!"

Confidence hopefully destroyed, Mara saunters back over to the group for her own lines.

Performance (Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Her doubt in her acting skills was justified, but overall she doesn't think she did too badly.

951 to 1,000 of 1,941 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.