[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


501 to 550 of 1,940 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Who wants squirrel kabobs?"

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan stumbles away from the swarm as the squirrels begin to engulf him, racing through the incantation inscribed on his scroll until a gout of flame spews out of an intense shimmer in the air in front of him and washes over the multitudes of small mammals.

Stride, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting

Burning Hands Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 = 10 with a DC 18 basic Reflex save

@Luke: No worries, that makes sense.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18.
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16.

Adalan thoroughly toasts the injured swarm, and badly burns the last one, which managed to (barely) take cover inside the wagon.

In a furious flurry of furry bodies, they make a mess of the inside of the wagon, and swarm over Deshacerla and Bair.

Deshacerla and Bair: 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage. DC 17 Reflex for half. On a fail, you are also Clumsy 2, and need to make a Fort save to avoid contracting Rabies.

Squirrels' Revenge, Round 2/3:

Deshacerla
Thorax
Bair
Mara
Dran'Thor
Adalan

RSS (-9)

Party is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara winces in sympathy as the squirrels swarm over Deshacerla and Bair. Glad I got out of there. But now she needs to actually try to do something useful.

She lights her torch and moves around the back of the wagon, swinging it at the vicious things. "Get out of here! Go on, shoo!"

Torch Strike, Improvised: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19
B. Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 +1 Fire Damage

Interact to light torch, Stride, Strike.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)
Luke_Parry wrote:
Fort save to avoid contracting Rabies.

This made me laugh out loud ^_^


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax continues preparing squirrel kabobs for the evening meal.

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 4 = 18
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 8 = 6
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

"Perfect heat, Mara! Anyone have garlic?"

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"OUCH! THEM LIDDLE HERSE TEEFS HURTS, BURNDA BUGGERS YAH!"

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

He grits his teeth, super pissed now and flails his club really really hard!

Rage, Strike, Strike.

Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18 for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8

Greatclub + CM - MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 - 5 = 17 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 9

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Come on guys! They are almost done.

The dwarf uses his battleaxe again.

Battleaxe 1: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Crit. 1: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Battleaxe 2: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 2 = 11

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Battleaxe 3: 1d20 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) - 5 + 2 = 13

Damage 3: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

The combined might of the party swiftly puts an end to the remaining swarm, leaving only a tangled press of scores of bloody, charred, twisted little bodies...

1d18 ⇒ 17

As the party clears out the bodies, they discover that the assorted spears, arrows, clubs, and staves have been completely destroyed by the frenzied rodents.

As the party is cleaning up, Adalan conducts a Detect Magic sweep of the artefacts, discovering the following:

Item #3: A Dull Gray Aeon Stone is mixed in with the other fragments.
Item #4: The box radiates faint transmutation.
Item #6: Each stone statue radiates a faint abjuration aura.
Item #12: The medallion radiates a faint evocation aura.
Item #13: A Scroll of Wall of Wind rests in one of the open scroll cases.

There are no other magical auras.

I am going to pause here briefly, to give everyone a chance to react (and to await Deshacerla's save(s)), before moving on.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

At this rhythm, we won't have something to bring back home...

The dwarf stays doubtful caressing his beard.

We should send a scout 30 feet before the wagon. So he can trigger an alarm if something occurs.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair rubs at the bites after he stops smashing the little critters into smaller and smaller bits.

"We goddany herse idols dere? Should jess leavemhere?"

How long does clumsy last and is there a way to remove it if permanent?

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

It lasts a number of rounds, 2 rounds in the present case.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Butchering Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Thorax crams a sack with the choicest bits of squirrel meat fit only for a goblin.

Picking his teeth with a rib bone he says, "I good scout! I keep both eyes out."

For his Exploration Mode activity Thorax can Scout, granting a +1 circumstance bonus to everyone's next initiative roll.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

"Yes, I wasn't expecting our troubles to be quite this intense," Adalan replies to Dran'thor. "I hope it isn't all being orchestrated by someone."

If he has enough in between animal attacks, Adalan tries to identify the statues and medallion, not wanting to break the box's seal.

Identify Statues: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Identify Medallion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The above modifiers assume the the items are primal or divine. If they're occult or arcane then Adalan's bonuses are 2 higher.

Sovereign Court

@Adalan: To be clear - if they were specific magic items, I would have told you. All that the module tells me, is that they radiate specific auras.

Adalan is unable to determine anything else about the enigmatic magical items.

@Bair and Dran'Thor: According to the stat block I have, the Clumsy condition lasts until you spend two actions, and succeed at a DC 17 Reflex save - my headcannon has that as being you still have a few rabid squirrels running all over you, until you shake them off. Out of combat, I happy to hand-wave it.

Bair shakes off a last few recalcitrant squirrels, whilst Thorax starts butchering a few.

Once 'lunch' has been prepared, and the fallen tree has been moved out of the way, Thorax starts scouting ahead of the party.

Half an hour later...

Things have settled down again, as the wagon travels, animals seem to grow upset. Squirrels chatter angrily, and birds continually dive angrily toward the wagon before swerving at the last moment, as if trying to scare a predator off. The road gets rougher ahead, and the animal sounds begin to quiet down.

Thorax: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11.

Thorax: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15.

Thorax, scouting in front, skips ahead merrily, only to turn around when one of the horses pulling the wagon screams, as its right front leg is caught in an ankle trap!

At that, wolves start to howl, and three slink forward, as two extremely feral-looking halflings (with sharpened teeth, and claws!) stride out of the bushes, with hostile intent.

W: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23.
DW: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23.
H: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18.
Adalan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11.
Bair: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.
Thorax: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22.

The Call of the Wild, Round 1:

Thorax
Deshacerla (Still awaiting a DC 17 Reflex, which, if failed, necessitates a Fort save)

Halfings (-, -)
Wolves (-, -)
Dire Wolf (-)
Dran'Thor
Bair
Adalan
Mara

Thorax and Deshacerla are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax strides forward and does what most goblins do: announces hostilities by bursting into song!

"Such pointy teeth and jagged claws!
Thorax Toothlicker truly in awe,
But that was rude, to make horse lame,
Go through ME if you want your claim!"

Stride, Goblin Song on both Halflings, Intimidate the one in [red].

Performance (singing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

And just because it will probably be relevant, Thorax has Deny Advantage:

Deny Advantage:
You aren’t flat-footed to hidden, undetected, or flanking creatures of your level or lower, or creatures of your level or lower using surprise attack. However, they can still help their allies flank.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Earlier
Ref DC 17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

The gnome shows some surprising acrobatics as she manages to avoid the worst of the rabid beasts attack.

Now - Wolves

With a groan, the gnome glances back to the wagon. "We aint gonna have nuttin to turn in at this right."

With a shrug she mumbles a few arcane words and points a finger at the feral halfling in red.

Will Save DC 17 vs 4 mental damage - on a critical failure, also stunned for 1 round

Stride
2 actions: Cast Daze


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Don't tell anybody I defend horses... Reputation ruined!"

Sovereign Court

The feral halflings are not fazed by Thorax' song...

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17.

...but the red one winces as Deshacerla attacks its mind.

The two halflings howl like wolves, gesturing towards Thorax, before firing sling bullets at him!

Sling-staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26, for 1d10 ⇒ 9 damage.

Sling-staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, for 1d10 ⇒ 8 damage.

The wolves then move forward like a pack harrying prey, and target Thorax!

Jaws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3*2 = 6 damage, and your speed is reduced by 10'.

The slightly bigger wolf moves in as well...

Jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28, for 1d6 + 2 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (4) = 10 damage.

...knocking Thorax prone.

The Call of the Wild, Round 1/2:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara
Thorax (-25, speed reduced by 10', prone)
Deshacerla (-1)

Halfings (-2, -)
Wolves (-, -)
Dire Wolf (-)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair looks at the wild-halflings and wolves confusedly, "Wha... day ehn't herses at all. Wassagoinonhere!" His confusion quickly changes to anger and he charges forwards screaming, "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Rage, Sudden Charge (2 strides and an attack vs. flanked North wolf).

Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19 for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 14

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves and casts an electric arc on the wolf and the dire wolf.

Electric arc: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Reflex DC 17+1

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Crackling light appears between the gnomes fingers as she points towards the wolves.

"You ok little one?"

*ZAP*

As the blue light rockets across the clearing, she moves up behind Bair.

Electric Damage 1: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Electric Damage 2: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Targeting the two wolves to the south side - Basic Reflex DC 17

2 Actions Spellcastin - Somatic; Verbal
Stride

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara looks up at the feral halflings. Down at the lame horse. Up again at the halflings. "Really? Really. This is my life now. Crazy halflings with pet wolves. Of course. Why not."

She takes aim at one of the wolves attacking Thorax. "I'd say nothing personal, but it kind of is."

Shortbow Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Then she drops her bow, draws her shortswords, and prepares to charge.

Strike against the wolf north of Thorax. If its AC is 15 or less that should be a critical hit, so double damage. Then two Interacts to draw her weapons.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

@Luke: Oh, okay.

Adalan sighs as the latest ambush commences, though Mara's commentary does draw a smile. A trap, and presumably sentient attackers? Something more must be going on than just a curse on our cargo.

He strides forward and raises both hands with fingers outstretched to momentarily create a sizzling ellipse of lightning around Thorax, hopefully electrocuting the two wolves on opposite sides of the goblin.

Electric Arc Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 with a DC 18 basic Reflex save

"Perhaps we should try to capture the halflings and see why they're attacking us?" Adalan suggests.

Stride, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting

Don't forget your level bump bonuses, everyone.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Was [red] successfully Intimidated?

"Ow OW OWW!!"

Thorax rolls around as the wolves snap at him, using the grass to staunch his bleeding.

Battle Medicine, Assurance, healed for: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 7) = 10

He then stands, Quickdraws his Shortsword, and strikes at the wolf being flanked between Bair!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak Attack: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 + (6) = 19

Battle Medicine, Stand, Quickdraw/Strike

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor electrocutes two of the wolves...

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.

...lightly scorching both.

Bair then strides forward, and *clobbers* the Cyan wolf.

Adalan then tosses his own blast of electricity...

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12.

...which the little wolf completely dodges.

Mara then just barely misses a critical strike against Cyan...

...following which Thorax applies some 'Goblin Healing' to himself, then stands, and shanks Cyan through its heart.

Deshacerla then tosses yet another blast of electricity at the remaining wolves...

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10.

...and this time, not only does the little one take a full hit, but the big wolf has its heart stopped!

Howling in rage and frustration, the halflings furiously try to drop Thorax...

Slingstaff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12, for 1d10 ⇒ 7 damage.
Slingstaff: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 10, for 1d10 ⇒ 3 damage.

...but they are shaking in rage so badly, they miss spectacularly.

Likewise, the remaining wolf...

Jaws: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

...can't land a blow on the agile Goblin!

The Call of the Wild, Round 2/3:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)

Halfings (-2, -)
Wolf (-7)

Party is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Nice one Deshacerla!" Mara calls out. She runs forward, then cuts south to slash at the last remaining wolf. Can't quite make it to the halflings anyway, and the wolves have done more damage. Not that it matters, as her sword whistles harmlessly through the air.

Shortsword Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Stride, Stride, Strike

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Thanks!"

Moving up next to Bair, she begins mumbling to herself. As she does, ripples of black energy shimmer around her before launching forward at the feral creature in red.

Bloodline Focus - Harm (neg energy): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Basic Fort Save DC 18

Stride
2 actions: Cast Harm at 30ft range vs Red


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

If Thorax landed the killing blow on Cyan, he'll use his reaction to Intimidate the remaining wolf using You're Next! and Intimidating Glare.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29

And then Strike! Strike! Strike!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 = 12

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 4 = 9
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 8 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 8 = 20
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12

If this wolf falls, Thorax will Intimidate [red] as his reaction and use any remaining actions to Stride towards them.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves back to the wagon and observes around the wagon.

You'll get them, these cowards. They are to far away from me. I protect the wagon.

Step. Then Ready a Tempest Surge if anybody/anything comes in Spell Reach (30ft).

Tempest Surge: 1d12 ⇒ 6 Reflex DC 18. On failure clumsy 2 for 1 round and 1 persistent electricity damage.

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor readies to blast anything that approaches the wagon.

Mara moves forward and takes a swing at the singed wolf, but it easily dodges her blow.

Thorax then slices and dices the injured wolf, before tossing an intimidating glare at Red, who remains unimpressed, hissing in anger and baring its teeth at the Goblin.

Deshacerla then Harms Red...

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24.

...who easily resists the pull of Necromancy.

The Call of the Wild, Round 2/3:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan

Mara
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)
Halfings (-4, -)

Bair and Adalan are up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan advances cautiously and sends a swirling beam of extreme cold at the halfling to the south.

Ray of Frost at Green: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Cold Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Stride, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Phone post, no RP, sorry! Stride, Strike Red 2x.

Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 14

Greatclub + CM - MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 - 5 = 6 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)
Bair Mann wrote:
Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29

Don't forget your crit damage!

Sovereign Court

Adalan sends out a blast of Cold, which is easily dodged, but Bair continues his trend of being a juggernaut of clobbering death, dealing the Red Halfling a horrific blow.

The Halfling staggers, but quickly recovers, snarling, and baring its teeth at Bair.

Red Steps away from Bair, then tosses a sling-bullet at him...

Sling-Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, for 1d10 ⇒ 7 damage.

...whilst the other fires at Mara.

Sling-Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9, for 1d10 ⇒ 4 damage.

Fortunately, both crazed Halflings miss, quite spectacularly.

The Call of the Wild, Round 3/4:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)

Halfings (-32, -)

Party is up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Figuring that Bair can finish off [red], Thorax limps over to the green-cloaked Halfling and goes in for a stab.

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

2 Strides at reduced speed, Strike.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Let's finish this." Mara joins Thorax in attacking the other halfling, seeing that he's been distracted by the goblin stabbing him in the side.

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24 vs flat-footed AC
P. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + (1) = 4

Shortsword Strike, CM, MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 7 vs flat-footed AC
P. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (3) = 11

Stride, Strike, Strike.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Growing braver with Bair in the mix, Deshacerla moves closer, mumbling to herself as she moves. Pointing towards the halfing in red, she assaults its mind.

Cast Daze for 4 mental damage - Basic Will DC 18 - stunned for 1 round on a crit failure

Stride - 1 action
cast - 2 actions

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair steps forwards an again violently tries to remove the wildling’s head from his body, ”Dis is wut we do if ya don’t pay yur munny!”

Step, Strike, Strike.

Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8

Greatclub + CM - MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 - 5 = 12 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + CM + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 8

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

As the last round, the dwarf is doubtful about what remains in this forest. That's why he stays on guards and commands the horses to move forward to get closer to the others.

Nature: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor tries to get the horses to move forward, but, scared by the smell of wolves, and blood, they refuse to budge.

Bair swings at Red, but the wily halfling manages to dodge his blows.

Mara moves around to attack Green, lightly slashing the halfling.

Limping heavily, Thorax moves in, and delivers a solid blow to Green!

Deshacerla then assaults the mind of Red...

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19.

...who, once again, manages to avoid the worst effects of the spell.

The Call of the Wild, Round 3/4:

Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)
Halfings (-34, -11)

Adalan is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan steps off the road to give the wagon a wider berth if Dran'Thor gets the horses moving, then fires another freezing ray at the halfling being flanked by Thorax and Mara.

Ray of Frost at Green: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12
Cold Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Step, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting

Sovereign Court

Adalan tosses a ray of icicles at Green, but the wily halfling, filled with animal cunning, lithely dodges.

They they step away from their harriers.

Red tries to drop Bair...

Sling-Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13, for 1d10 ⇒ 7 damage.

...whilst Green tries to drop Mara.

Sling-Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, for 1d10 ⇒ 9 damage.

Red, heavily injured, can't muster the strength for a telling blow, but Green manages to bean Mara with a well-placed stone.

The Call of the Wild, Round 4/5:

[b]Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara (-9)
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)
Halfings (-34, -11)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Who chose these horses which doesn't care when I tell something? We should change them then.

Move forward, horses, or we will eat you for the next dinner!

Nature: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Bestest idea yet!"

Thorax continues pressing his flanking assault with Mara (Stride, Strike, Strike)

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 20
Piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Not wanting to move too far from the wagon and its valuable cargo, Adalan fervently hopes for his luck to improve and blasts at the nearer halfling yet again with a stream of frigid energy. He also conjures a protective disk of force on the off chance he is unexpectedly attacked.

Ray of Frost at Green: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13
Well, at least it's going up each time.
Cold Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Verbal Casting, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting

+1 AC for the round, and Adalan will Shield Block 5 damage if he somehow manages to get hit.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara steps sideways to take full advantage of Thorax's distraction. "I'd rather not eat the horses; it would be far too troublesome to try and carry everything ourselves."

Shortsword Strike, CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24 vs flat-footed AC
P. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + (2) = 8

Shortsword Strike, CM, MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 - 4 = 19 vs flat-footed AC
P. Damage, CM, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + (4) = 12

Step, Strike, Strike.

Sovereign Court

With the threat of becoming dinner, Dran'Thor manages to 'encourage' the horses to leap forward, plowing past Adalan at high speed!

Adalan tries another blast of frost, but once again, it goes wide.

Mara slices and dices Green, leaving it quite badly shredded...

...before Thorax delivers the (metaphorical) coup-de-grace, shanking the feral creature straight through its heart.

Bair then strides forward, and tries to pound Red into the dirt...

Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21, for 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 13 damage.
Greatclub + CM: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 - 5 = 23, for 1d10 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 17 damage.

...practically squashing the halfling flat!

Combat over!

Post-Combat Stats:
Dran'Thor
Bair (-1)
Adalan
Mara (-9)
Thorax (-15, speed reduced by 10')
Deshacerla (-1)

Knowing Thorax, he will definitely search the bodies...

On the gory remains of the halflings, the party finds:

(all small sized:) clubx2, halfling slingstaff (6 bullets)x2, holly and mistletoe x2, leather armor x2, 44 sp

...as well as a non-descript bag, which Thorax discovers is *substantially* bigger on the inside!

Note: This item (a Bag of Holding, Type I) is, for whatever reason, *not* on the chronicle sheet.

I will pause here to let people declare any post-combat healing that they wish to do.

@Thorax: After resting for a minute, your calves recover enough that you are able to walk normally, albeit with a slight limp.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax downs his lesser potion of healing for 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11 and his minor potion for 1d8 ⇒ 4 before setting to the task of looting.

"Stupid. Society. Says can't. Eat. Halflings."

But when he tries emptying the bag and discovers its magical nature, his eyes go big!

"Hope Venture Boss lets us keep this!"

Thorax does take a little time to butcher up some wolf steaks (Butchering Lore: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24).

Then, if convinced, he'll disarm the bear trap that ensnared the horse Thievery, Tools: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22 and if convinced with food, he'll even treat the horse for Battle Medicine: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 4) = 11

501 to 550 of 1,940 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.