GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,351 to 2,400 of 3,007 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

(Oh, shoot. I totally missed raging song. Please add +1 to hit (my weapon is already masterwork) and +2 to damage. I might have hit after all!)


Atium puts everything he can into the blows. He feels the pulsating of Tess's song, he feels the weight of the warhammer's head and he swings it in a "John Henry" style stroke.
first attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 32 Vinas aid. Magic weapon
damage: 1d8 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 19
second attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 15 Vinas Aid. Magic weapon.
damage: 1d8 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22

Connecting with brutal force.

John Henry Reference:
In a sing-song voice, " John Henry, John Henry. John Henry is a mighty man. Born with a hammer (a 20 lb hammer) in his hand. "

He legendarily beat a machine in laying railroad track.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Vinas helps Atium line up a solid blow as his hammer sends ripples across the zombie's body. The bloodthirsty zombie looks to be very wounded but continues to cling.

Both of Aishe's bolts bounce off of the creature's leather-like skin. Vanyan's lightning comes dangerously close to injuring Jando further as it arcs down the Xenopterid's body.

Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

The lightning smokes more of the skin, charring the outer surface.

Round 3
Jando (-49; 3 con damage; Grabbed)
Vanyan (17/39; 1 str drain)
Atium (50/74; Raging 62/86)
------------------------------------------------
Xenopterid spore zombie (-104; Grabbed Jando)
------------------------------------------------
Round 2
Vinas (47/63)
Aishe (39/40)
Tessenarin (22/39)


Tessenarin takes a deep breath and nocks an arrow, says a silent prayer to Sheyln, and lets it fly. If it hits, he uses one use of elemental rage

longbow: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 22

damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + (1) = 9

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Tessenarin's arrow strikes the wall just behind the spore zombie. The Xenopterid sates it's hungry, withdrawing it's mouth from Jando's neck it tears the half-orc's head free from his body. Blood coats the front of the spore zombie. Jando's body falls to the ground as the undead creature holds the orc head in it's hands, licking the bloody stump of its nutrients.

Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 5 = 28
Grapple Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Blood Drain Con Damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Giving a shske of it's body more spores fling off, covering Atium and Vinas.

Damage to Spore Zombie: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

@Vinas & Atium- DC 20 Fort save vs the spores or nauseated for 1d6 rounds.

Round 4
Jando (-63; 4 con damage)
Vanyan (17/39; 1 str drain)
Atium (50/74; Raging 62/86)

------------------------------------------------
Xenopterid spore zombie (-112)
------------------------------------------------
Round 3
Vinas (47/63)
Aishe (39/40)
Tessenarin (22/39)


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Round 4

Vanyan sends lightning down again, whittling down the creature with certain damage. He doesn’t have the energy (yet) to reflect on the gruesome death of Jando.

3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9 lightning vs. DC 16 for half.

3/6 bolts used.

Vanstats:

+6 ranged touch

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

hp: 17/39
AC: 16/14/12
Saves: F5/R6/F10

Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
PoP 2: 0/1 used
GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

Quantum Leaps used:
Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Round: 3

Status:
HP: 39/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Normal Bolts = 0/3 (2 misses)
Cold Iron Bolts = 9/9
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/8
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
Grit = 2/4
Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

Aishe has a little vurp, as their poor companion meets his end. Keeping his food down for now, and worried for his companions, he prays to Abadar for guidance*. He uses his best bolts.

Ranged Touch Crossbow (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20 (point blank, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15 (point blank, song)
Crossbow (magic, cold iron, silver): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 (point blank, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 3 = 20 (point blank, song)

His first shot goes quite wide in his haste to shoot, so he takes his time with the second, though it too seems doomed to miss.

* Sharp Shoot (Ex): Resolve attack against touch AC when firing at a target within the first range increment. First attack only.


Seeing how close Aishe must be with his bolt, Tessenarin offers encouragement!

"You've got this Aishe. Just shoot a little to the left and you've got him!

Immediate action: Gallant inspiration.

gallant inspiration: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

That retroactively makes his to hit roll a 25


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

"Thanks Tess!"

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

With Tessenarin's inspiration Aishe's bolt hits home! The zombie's side rips open, dark ichor pours from the deep wound and at last the unwavering undead collapses at your feet.

Player Status:

Jando (-63; 4 con damage)
Vanyan (17/39; 1 str drain)
Atium (50/74; Raging 62/86)
Vinas (47/63)
Aishe (39/40)
Tessenarin (22/39)


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan casts Stabilize on Jando, then rushes to help him.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Heal - Does he live? VK tries to reattach the head...or not.

"Jando? JANDO! Stay with me!" Vanyan breaks out the wand of CLW but waits to see signs of life before using it.


Atium recoils a bit at the viscous sight.
Uggh. His head is not even a part of his body anymore. GEFGW really got the bad end of that bit of nastiness. He sure looks dead to me.

I am glad it was not one of you guys. I like you guys. I would feel pretty sad if that was one of you in that thing's grasp.

Atium asks for a bit of healing from the wand, as he's fairly beat up, but so are others.
CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sorry Jando, if only I had used that electricity rage earlier and often.


"Jando was a good ally for us. If he does not live, we must provide a proper burial for him."


Atium calms down from the effects that his rage causes his body. Feeling exhausted and the combination of the spores almost leave him sick and throwing up.
I know this isn't really the right time to ask, as you guys are worried about Good Enough for Gnome Work, but did anyone else notice that weird effect on me when I used the Raven totem?

Atium fingers the special smooth pebble that they shaped into a Raven and have hanging around his neck.
Those stones that we got in the basin, I'd bet anything they are very special. They hold magics and powers. Some of you smart guys should check out the ones that you kept as your share of the loot. If anyone wants to sell their stone, I'll buy it from you. I have an idea for another Totem Animal and I want to use these magic stones.

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Vanyan finds no signs of life left in Jando. The bleeding stops due to lack of anymore blood rather than that of Vanyan's spell having any effect.


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Aishe rejuvenates a little as the creature falls (gain grit). He somberly gathers up his misses, agreeing with the others, ”Aye, he was a good ally and a decent burial is the least we can do for him.”

He pays his respects at the body a moment before checking his bolts to see if they can be reused. Won’t be long before I’m out of these again.

2d2 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 (low is bad)

He looks at Atium very carefully, a little confused… ”No I didn’t notice anything.” he ventures, hoping that’s an appropriate response.

”We should take Jando to the cemetery and bury him now. I’d not leave him here on the cold floor. Also, not to be difficult, but I've less than twenty bolts.” He eyes the way ahead, "I'm pretty darn near useless without ammo." he frowns. "Maybe we should spend the afternoon making some more and head back down here tomorrow. Fresh."


Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 "Iomedae no! Blasted! Jando shouldn't have died. That's on me and my lack of skill."

    "Agreed. Jando deserves a hero's funeral. It may seem crass, but if he is equipped with anything that can help in this fight, we should see that it's still used."

    Vinas looks at the stone while Atium speaks, and nods in agreement with the warrior.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Atium, can you clarify what stones you’re referring to? I seem to have lost that brain connection.

    Vanyan nods along with the others, noting that Jando’s body needs to be buried...or burned so that it is not used by the necromatic effects of the enemies.

    ”He deserves a hero’s funeral, but I suggest we honor it in the Sarenraen tradition with a pyre at sunrise,” Vanyan offers, worried about unlife being bestowed upon Jando.

    ”Or an unmarked grave deep in the woods. Not might be fair but would be safer than having him roam again.”


    "I have no preference for burial methods. Do we know who he worshiped, if anyone? It would seem most appropriate to bury him in the tradition of his faith. But if we do not know, I am fine with a Sarenraen tradition, as you suggest, Vanyan."
    "Vinas, it does seem crass, but perhaps practical, to see if he has anything that might be of use to us. What do the rest of you think?


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    "I'm fine setting him alight if that makes the most sense. Dawn eh? Let's get him topside and get him prepared..."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan grabs the head, wrapping it in Jando’s cloak, leaving the body for those who can carry more. While others are preparing the body, he will cast Detect Magic and looks around the room, and on Jando’s possessions.

    ”No, I think he’d want us to use his gear to fight this evil,” Vanyan agrees with Tess. ”In my old group, we’d just call this pathfindering. It’s what we did.” Vanyan shakes his head as he remembers the greed of some of his fellow Pathfinders. ”Some of these guys would steal everything. Anything. Whether it was nailed down or not. I’m not saying it was right or wrong, but sometimes you have to survive.”

    After looking around the chamber, he will follow the party back to the campsite to prepare a pyre and heal up for the night.

    Hopefully Tess can get us close to whole, and then sleep can get us the rest of the way. We are at 14 charges left on the wand.

    Dark Archive

    Venture-Captain PBP GM Tyranius PFS Reporting Tool | Scenario List | Scenario Sign-up Sheet

    It takes some time to gather Jando's pieces together in his cloak as you get him back topside. Using the cloak like a sled you are able to get him back to the hideout where you prepare a pyre. Keeping the Pyre a distance away from the Blind hidden high up in the trees just in case there are more Whispering Way lurking about town. The pyre will draw them in like moth's to a flame.

    SLowly and respectfully you remove the half-orc's gear and prepare him on the lumber. This was no way for him to go. All he wanted in life was to be one of the Lastwall Knights to help fight back, but due to the prejudice of the world he could not and he instead trained and fought where he could from the distance, learning their tactics and drills.

    The fire ignites as you each give one final solemn word of reprieve before climbing the trees for the night.

    Jando's Gear

  • potion of cure light wounds (2)
  • +1 studded leather
  • +1 longbow
  • broken longsword
  • cloak of resistance +1


  • Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    We still have some retro healing to do from last night.

    Vanyan pauses over the pyre, still angry at the loss of such a good companion. He doesn’t follow the Sarenraen religion, but knows enough of the faith (and it’s kinship with Iomedae) that he can offer suitable words to honor the man.

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Know (religion)

    ”Dawnflower, we offer you the ashes of this warrior who died trying to fight the undead. He took the battle to the heart of their necromantic breeding and fell, in combat, like a true warrior. We ask that you remember this as you deliver him to Pharasma’s embrace, offering him your blessing. And with that blessing, let us hope he joins you in the legions of angels who battle the demons and the dead. In this we pray...” Vanyan offers the rite as best he can, before he offers the torch to the tinder.

    He pauses briefly in case others have thoughts to offer.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    "Well spoke." says Aishe solemnly.

    When others have done their healing, he will offer his own, "I can heal a little by touch if anyone needs it."

    (Just a d6: 1d6 ⇒ 3. First come, first served!)

    He turns in and sleeps deeply. In the morning, chewing on old bread, if they have even that, he asks, "If'n you front liners don't want it, I could use Jando's armor, after I clean it up of course."


    "Is anyone still injured? I could provide some healing if anyone requires it."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)
    Tessenarin wrote:
    "Is anyone still injured? I could provide some healing if anyone requires it."

    Vanyan is down 22, and could use a little more. He’s willing to move a bit injured and will be gaining 6 after a night’s sleep (hopefully). Atium and Vinas should get it first.

    Vanyan begs off, at least temporarily. He doesn’t mind that Aishe takes the armor, he just hopes to avoid a lot of damage in the near future.


    Atium takes Aiushe's healing. GM, please give me a nights rest and +3+ 4 from an earlier CLW wand.
    HP should now be 62. I don't need more healing from the wand. I can adventure at this HP level. Others should heal with potions and wands and spells.

    Atium works a bit with his totems. Trying to improve on the previous craftsmanship. They were originally rough outlines of the creature shapes. A couple were colored (thanks to Vanyan). He spends some time putting added touches on them.

    He also wakes up and wants to head to the forge to help get Aishe a set of arrows.
    Your help with the healing of my wounds was nice Aishe. What kind of arrows you want and need?


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Do it. Tess has a bow now, and I wouldn't mind the same."

    ----------
    Previously, "I don't know the specific sacred rites, but I know my own and can be respectful of his faith. I only hope that he passes through as intended, and not as we did."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Jando's spirit passes a bit easier in thanks to Vanyans prayer to reach Pharasma without anything to hold him back.

    The night is spent in pain as new wounds are healed and old wounds fester on the mind.

    Player Status:

    Vanyan (36/39; 1 str drain)
    Atium (74/74; Raging 86/86)
    Vinas (63/63)
    Aishe (40/40)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    I still have like 4 CLW spells I can cast before we rest. Best to top off everyone. Some rolls are below, please assign as needed.

    clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Updated it into the above spoiler


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)
    Wank wrote:
    Atium works a bit with his totems. Trying to improve on the previous craftsmanship. They were originally rough outlines of the creature shapes. A couple were colored (thanks to Vanyan). He spends some time putting added touches on them.

    "You know, Atium, now that I had some time to sit and reflect on this ill-fated battle, I do recall a certain verbosity from your end... that was a little unusual, coming from you. -- But not in a bad way", he adds hastily.

    "What animal are you working on now?" he inquires, admiring the fanciful, colorful stones. "You know what would be cool? A dragon. That way you could fly high into the air and incinerate all our enemies at a safe distance..." his voice trails off, daydreaming about that awesome and impressive scenario. He would love to be able to rain down some fire from above.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9
    Atium of Varg wrote:

    He also wakes up and wants to head to the forge to help get Aishe a set of arrows.

    Your help with the healing of my wounds was nice Aishe. What kind of arrows you want and need?

    "Oh, bless you. I'd hate to run out, and it seems our fighting is never ending in this place. If we've got the materials, cold iron bolts are ideal. If not, regular ones will do as well in most cases. As many as you can make." he grins widely in respect of the craftsman.


    I should take Jando's arrows. I find myself running short as well, and the more I can carry the better. Not that I have been terribly useful with my bow,"[b] he says chagrined.

    [b]We should remember it is best to prepare for combat before I sing, as we are resistant to magic when I sing now. I wish we had a good scout. Many times in history there have been instances of scouts finding advantages to allow people to survive. Regardless, I suppose we need to go back into the tomb and see where it leads."


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Aye. I'll not rest until we have answers. Come, let us bring meaning to Jando's sacrifice."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Holding up as it also sounded like you wanted Atium to do some crafting for additional crossbow bolts.


    how many arrows from Jando?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    In the morning, as we re-arrive at the graveyard, Vanyan will offer some magic protections.

    Magic Circle Against Evil on Atium.
    Barkskin (+3) on Atium.
    Barkskin (+3) on Vinas. (via PoP2)
    False Life on himself. 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 temp hp
    Heroism on himself, via the grave spirit.

    Gearing up, magicked up, and looking for revenge, Vanyan is ready to go.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    @Tessenarin- You find 20 arrows on Jando.

    After Jando's spirit is laid to rest Aishe and Atium head back into the forge to make a few more bolts for him before heading to bed.

    Crafting Bolts DC 15 (20 silver): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16

    Atium works well into the night and after several hours of manual labor and hammering he is able to hand Aishe a small bundle of cold iron bolts (20).

    You sleep in a little bit in the morning to give Atium time enough to rest, since he had a long night. While you were not accosted in your sleep by Whispering Way Agents, you certainly heard them and more undead scuttling about in the trees as they patrolled around Jando's blazing body. In good spirit Jando served one last purpose and that was to help draw the patrols away from the forge noises in town long enough for Atium to help Aishe out.

    Come morning your dart from building to building, avoiding any more surprises and make it back to the tomb with ease as you fully prepare this time around.

    Slipping through a small tunnel in the collapsed rubble you are able to make it to the other side of the chamber. Empty shelves and display cases line the walls of this room. A tunnel opens in the wall to the east and a stone door leads south.

    Designed to display the medals and other awards given to Roslar during
    his life, this chamber held only a few trophies, and most of those were stolen or destroyed. The shelves are covered with dust and many of the cases are broken. While many of the shelves are empty, a single statuette sits on the highest shelf, its sheen barely noticeable through a thick coating of grime.

    DC 26 Spellcraft:
    This is a Figurine of Wondrous Power (Bronze Griffon)

    Player Status:

    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (74/74; Raging 86/86; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (63/63; Barkskin +3)
    Aishe (40/40)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    Tessenarin looks at Vanyan. "Do you know anything about this?


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas awaits Vanyan's answer, but keeps a vigilant eye on the room: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    1d20 + 11 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 35 Spellcraft (heroism)

    Vanyan takes the figurine, a smile widening on his face as he examines it further. He looks up at Tess. ”Do you know what this is, Tess? It’s kind of keen...” Vanyan will explain the object and hand it off to Tess.

    Vanyan will walk around the crypt, examining the rubbled remains of the town’s history. ”Well, I guess it makes sense that this place is destroyed. Much like Roslar’s legend, it’s...empty and ruined,” Vanyan bemoans the loss of his childhood home and the pride he once had in its historical significance. That history was as tattered as his room.

    He shakes his head and tries to find a light, a point, a way forward.

    ”Since we are the last ones left, I guess it falls to us to create a new history for this town. Maybe we can redeem it. Or maybe we ourselves need to be redeemed,” he muses. ”Vinas, lead on. We need to free this town so it might be reborn.”

    Vanyan will follow Vinas and Atium on. Moved on map, but assume others are in the lead.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 12/12
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

    Aishe stays and works with Atium, helping in any way he can, for they are his bolts after all. Even if all he does is bring fresh water for Atium to drink, he does, something. Sitting quietly, he’s well pleased with the outcome, ”Thank you sir. If it weren’t for your skills, I don’t know what I’d do out here.”

    He carefully stows the bolts, some in his quiver to bring up his flagging supply, and the rest in his pack for later use.

    Later, as they reenter the crypt, Aishe keeps his eyes open. Seeing Vanyan hand over the bronze to Tessenarin, he smiles and nods, ”Good find.” he murmurs. He too moves up behind the wall, but only after the stronger among them has done so. He has his crossbow out as he peers through the doorway.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    (Vanyan, I think the spirit gave us greater heroism, not heroism. So bigger bang for the buck, but shorter duration. Tyranius, can you confirm?)


    Atium looks over both Tess's shoulder and Vanyans. There's a cool totem of a Bronze Griffin.
    That is beautiful, the carving makes it so life-like. I want all my totems to look as finely crafted as that when I am done with them.

    Vanyan wrote:
    Much like Roslar’s legend, it’s...empty and ruined,”

    Atium nods his head. Yes, a real man has not much when he is dead. Just their reputation and their families legacy. Rostlar left wormfood where his reputation should be. I will not make that mistake. I or I should say, "*WE*, have a Skald that will pass on tales with us. Let those tales be true and filled with courage.

    Atium moves forward.

    Aishe:
    While watching him work and being with him, Atium seems upset. He seems upset at himself for Jondo dying even though he really didn't "care" much for him. He also seems upset at the forge itself. It's a strange love/hate type situation picked up during the hours with him.

    When you give him the final compliment, he puts his hand on your shoulder and says, " YOU -Aishe of Rostlar's Coffer - are the best of us."
    and he nods at Aishe, removes the hand and heads back to the sleep area.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    That is correct, greater herosim (CL 9th).

    The eastern half of this large hall has collapsed, creating an impassable heap of stone and masonry. Water drips slowly from several cracks in the cavernous ceiling, forming small pools on the floor. The air here is dank, and patches of mold grow on bas-relief carvings of armored knights on the western wall. Identical stone doors lead north and south.

    The seepage here originates from groundwater entering the chamber through cracks in the ceiling where the collapse occurred. As you enter the room, three clouds of crimson vapor seep into the chamber from cracks in the damaged ceiling, smelling of fresh blood. They reach towards you with lashing claws!

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    Mist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    The mists quickly swarm their prey, clawing for blood.

    Red Touch vs Vinas Tch AC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Green Touch vs Vinas Tch AC 11: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 3

    Yellow Touch vs Atium Tch AC 14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 2

    Both of your frontliners are wounded as the mist-like claws easily pass through their armor causing their insides to bleed. Blood begins to drip from Vinas and Atium's eyes, ears, and nose and does seems to stop as it drips more and more.

    Round 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Mists (Dungeoneering to ID)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Aishe (40/40)
    Vinas (47/51; 5 con damage; Bleed 4 Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (64/68; Raging 76/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Oops, no heroism then. Not quite as useful. Oh well.

    "Unless you want to burn with them, I suggest you get out of that room, Vinas! You too *Wank*!" Vanyan cries, having few options to deal with mists.


    AAAH!!!! Let's get out of here! Twink is right. RUN!
    Atium gets out of the area.


    Tessenarin waits to see what the other do before retreating.

    "is there another way around besides through the mist?


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 10/12
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

    To cover their retreat, and as it’s what he does, he’ll shoot the green one twice before 5’ stepping toward the rear.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 = 26 (cover) damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    critthreat Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7 (cover) damage: 2d8 + 18 ⇒ (1, 1) + 18 = 20

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 17 (cover) damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

    He's keen to see if his bolts do any damage or if they simply pass through the creature.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Oops, forgot about the blood siphon heal on them. Just a little Temp Hp.

    Red Blood Siphon: 1d8 ⇒ 6
    Green Blood Siphon: 1d8 ⇒ 3
    Yellow Blood Siphon: 1d8 ⇒ 4

    Aishe fires off a bolt to aid in their retreat. The bolt strikes but doesn't seem quite effective as it should be. DR

    Round 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Mists (Dungeoneering to ID) (Red +6 temp HP)(Green -12)(Yellow +4 temp HP)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Aishe (40/40)
    Vinas (47/51; 5 con damage; Bleed 4 Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)

    Atium (64/68; Raging 76/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)

    2,351 to 2,400 of 3,007 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.