GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,601 to 2,650 of 2,965 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Atium, still raging, climbs up to the second floor. Flapping his arms a bit -- like a Raven. to get some "lift off".
But, without the ability to fly, he is using pure strength and muscle and footwork to do the job.
climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

And the Raven crashes down to the ground!
He moves to another area and takes a running jump to get some height for the climb.
climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Whatever powers his totem animal gives, it is CERTAINLY not flight.....


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Aishe shrugs, with no rope to offer, though he can climb it easily enough as well if need be. He covers the party and waits to see if rope is proffered, helping to boost folks up if not and come up last.

Climb: 10 + 5 = 15 vs DC 15 (taking 10)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Without any offered rope, Vanyan floats to the top of the opening and waits for others to climb up. He will help them get up when they get close, but can do little to aid Atium’s imitation of a beaching whale.

”Uh, *WANK*? You okay there buddy?” Vanyan offers a hand to help the man climb, but also is somewhat the enjoying the bigger man’s flounderings. ”I guess we can wait a bit, but the spells I cast will wear off in the next few hours, so you may want to get a move on, huh?”


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Aishe checks his bolts for damage, replenishing his quiver. Low is bad for me as usual.

cold iron: 1d2 ⇒ 2
cold iron, silver blanch: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Vanyan floats to the top and one by one helps the others back up as Atium nearly breaks his neck trying to fly.

Unusual circular sigils are carved into the walls of this chamber. A four-foot-high pillar lies toppled in the center of the room, cracked into several pieces. Near the fallen pillar is a human skeleton. A small stone door exits to the north, and there is a large hole in the floor.

DC 15 Knowledge (arcana):
The sigils are intended to strengthen binding rituals performed in this space; they do nothing on their own.


Atium finally makes it up to the landing. He calmed down from the rage and was "fatigued" for a bit. But, he's ready now. Standing behind Vinas and ready to go through the small stone door. It looks like he'll have to squeeze a bit. He puts the weapons away.


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan pauses to look at the sigil and the walls, taking his time while Atium climbs up.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Know (Arcana)

"The sigils are intended to strengthen binding rituals performed in this space; they do nothing on their own, you see?" Vanyan explains. "Not sure what to make of it, but maybe we'll see what's what as we move through this."

Vanyan casts Detect Magic and examines the skeleton, pushing at it with his longspear.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 Spellcraft

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Vanyan finds no magic about the skeleton. Poking it with his spear it tips over and falls apart on the floor.


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Aishe looks levelly at the skeleton as it falls apart, and he tries to relax his tension a bit. He takes a deep breath and suggests, "Well, that weren't much. Might be we try the door next?"

He'll ready his crossbow to shoot whatever unwholesome beast awaits them next.


Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Let's." Can't manipulate map ATM

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    The ceiling of this chamber is cracked and crumbling, explaining the massive amount of rubble that blocks the western portion of the room. A single stone door exits to the south. A marble altar, marked with the symbol of a fiery winged sword, is set a few feet from the eastern wall. The floor to the immediate west of the altar is divided into a three-by-three grid of tiles, though many of these tiles are broken and a few appear to be missing.

    Three of the tiles appear to be missing.


    The source of the missing tiles question! Who has the tiles?


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "We only have 2 though. Mayhaps we come back after finding a third."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    "Must've missed something." Aishe murmurs, sighing. He re-traces the groups steps, poking around here and there, looking for something they might have missed.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 4 = 25 (curse)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    "Uh, don't we have 3?" Vanyan asks, trying to clarify.

    "That one that Vinas found," he notes, "and that one we just found," he points out. "Oh wait, I guess that's only two. We'll have to go look for a third? Yes, I guess Aishe is right."

    He follows Aishe to retrace their footsteps, looking for tiles.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Aishe quickly retraces his steps back, sifting through each of the rooms. Missing something, they had to have missed something. Clear back near the entrance where you chased off the Coffer Crew Undead Aishe finds the third tile in a very thick layer of dust lying in a stone basin. Along with the tile rests a single lone pearl of power (2nd level)

    With the third tile in hand Aishe rushes back to the mosaic room. Placing the tiles in the same spots as in the Boneyard does not open a secret compartment in the altar like it did prior. Instead a portion of the wall grinds open revealing a long, dark passage leading into the Bastion of Light.

    This dusty, 5-foot-wide corridor clearly hasn’t been used for decades. Thick cobwebs hang from the ceiling. The passage turns several times and has a few steps here and there, but it never branches. Made from reinforced stone, the well-built passage guides you safely under the dome of poisonous fog!

    After just over half a mile, the tunnel ends at the back of an obvious secret stone door, which opens with a slight push to reveal a small stone cellar.

    New map is up. Bastion of Light. You are near to freedom


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Iomedae! Good work Vanyan. Still, the most dangerous point is just before the end. Complacency has laid low many in the hour of triumph. Keep on your guards."

    Vinas inches forward to the door, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 +2 if undead, will also detect evil before stepping into the room.


    "Vanyan, are you able to use this pearl? It does not work for me. If not, perhaps Vinas can use it?"


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe walks the tunnel lost in thought, wondering with each turn and twist if it was going to end in fog... or worse. He's surprised they reached a cellar, though he's not sure what he was expecting.

    He hoists his crossbow up and keeps an eye out as Vinas enters.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21 (curse)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    GM Tyranius, this is the second pearl of power we’ve found, right?

    ”Yeah, Tess. It’s good. It’s very good for me,” Vanyan replies. ”I’ve been using it to protect *Wank* and Vinas. This will do some good with me.” Vanyan pockets the offered pearl.

    Vanyan restores False Life and casts that spell, readying for danger. 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 temp hp.

    He’s ready for the door to be opened.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    @Vanyan- Correct. You found a 1st level in Book 1.

    The door opens onto a massive cathedral. The ceiling in this wide chamber is supported by two rows of sturdy stone pillars and slopes downward from the south to the north. A sun depicted over the large stone double door to the south emits rays along the ceiling to a raised wooden dais at the north end of the chamber. Many of the walls have been painted with murals made to resemble stained-glass windows, each depicting a different armored knight aiding the downtrodden and slaying foul undead in the service of Sarenrae. A few of these depictions have been grotesquely defaced, with skulls painted over the figure’s heads and terrifying creatures swooping down from above. Rows of broken wooden pews occupy the center of the chamber, with many heaped into a jumble in the middle of the chamber, creating a large empty space. Simple wooden doors exit this room in every direction.

    An enormous monster stalks the cathedral. This hulking humanoid towers at a height of ten feet. Its body is thick and hairless, its gray hide flushing with crimson along the arms and legs. Strangely tiny bat-like wings jut from its shoulder blades while its gangly claws swing down to its ankles. Three separate pairs of dead eyes stare from its head, and its flesh is withered and rotting in places--it's clear that the beast is no longer among the living. The cultists have raised the Red Reaver once again!

    Behind it, you spot two Whispering Way cultists, alongside a scholarly-looking undead woman.

    The monstrous zombie quickly notices your presence. With a rumbling groan, it begins to rush towards you!

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Whispering Way Cultist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
    Scholarly Undead: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Red Reaver: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16

    Round 1
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (58/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (37/39; 1 str drain)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Unwilling to in any way go to the front, Aishe delays until after Atium and Vinas (at least).


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "I got that big lug. You guys take down the woman in charge!"


    "This looks very bad"


    Atium CERTAINLY sees the huge hulk of a being in front of him. He squints his eyes, only seeing rough shapes at the nearly 80-100 foot distance.
    They are fuzzy outlines to him. Humans, or at least humanoids, and certainly not as much of a threat as the Red Reaver in between.

    It's a minor blessing for the party that Atium has such poor vision... but the undead "scholarly" looking woman is almost certainly one of those dreaded and fearsome "mages" that he is always talking about.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Acting quickly, the two cultists drink potions and disappear from sight. The undead woman moves to take cover among the broken pews, casting a defensive spell and surrounding herself with a shimmering aura of black energy.

    The tiny wings carry the Red Reaver through the air and over the piles of rubble as seems to actively avoid them with a low growl.

    Round 2
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 1
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (58/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (37/39; 1 str drain)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    "Don't spread out too much. I have a little something something if you want to delay a moment," Vanyan offers, rattling his very cool new staff.

    Delay for Vanyan if you want.

    Vanyan, if people delay for him:

    Round 1

    Vanyan uses his new staff to cast Prayer upon the party. He will move out and to the left before casting to get the big undead.

    You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

    Spoiler:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 37/39 +14 temp
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
    Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 to determine what the woman cast.

    Tessenarin gestures and touches Vinas, and his outline becomes shify and blurry Blur on Vinas.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Dammit! Flight. I hate when they fly." Will delay. How high up is the reaver? I might change to the woman...

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    The Reaver is only roughly 10 feet from the ground.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • So out of reach from a medium creature.... hmmm... Vinas will delay and focus on the spellcasting undead.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 14/15 (1 miss)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    ”Thanks for the prayer Vanyan! That’s a cool staff.”

    Aishe continues to wait for Vinas or Atium before stepping out and exposing himself. But when he does, he moves up and takes a shot at the reaver up in the air. He continues to avoid deadly aim in the hopes of hitting at all with his curse…

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 3 = 12 (curse, prayer) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13 (prayer)

    Alas, his shot goes wide as Aishe frowns at the loss of skill.


    Atium advances as soon as Vanyan does his Prayer.
    He throws the challengers glove at The Red Reaver.
    Take THAT you evil thing! It's time for you to meet a bull with a sharp set of horns!

    All I have to do is make a ranged attack with the glove to enact the glove. Atium thus gets +2 to hit, Enemy gets Minus 2 to hit (one is Morale bonus, other is luck bonus) - minus 1 on damage. I am holding off on the rage just yet as I don't want it to hurt my AC. I moved Atium on map.


    Atium stares at what he perceives is the big threat inside this chapel.
    Little did he know, that the real threat to his sanity and resolution was crouched behind pews and casting a blood curdling spell.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vanyan sends out a prayer from his staff, emboldening his allies while weakening the Red Reaver. Once this is complete Atium pushes into the room and hucks his glove through the air at the flying beast.

    Challenger's Glove ranged Touch: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

    The glove flops unceremoniously to the floor a few feet in front of Atium. Tessenarin pushes Vinas forward as the man's form begins to blur into the surroundings.

    Aishe's bolt snips into the slow Reaver, though it's damage seems diminished. DR.

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 2
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver (-8; Prayer -1)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 1
    Vanyan (37/39; 1 str drain)
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (58/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas moves into the room and levels his blade at the undead woman, "I shall smite thee in the name of Iomedae!" He'll ready an action to attack any foe who comes within reach:

    AC v. Her: 28 (Blur)
    AC v. Everyone else: 26 (Blur)

    Readied Action:

    1d20 ⇒ 14 1d8 ⇒ 5, Prayer, Smite
    If it's the woman: To Hit: 29, Damage: 19
    If it's anything else: To Hit: 27, Damage 11

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vinas calls out the scholarly woman, obviously a worthy opponent. Taking cover behind the pew she sends a trio of darkened orbs at Vinas.

    Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 3 = 7

    The missiles find their target and put dents in Vinas' armor. Meanwhile the zombified Red Reaver flops down onto the ground in front of Atium. It's weight cracks the stone below it.

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    [oc]Round 3[/ooc]
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver (-8; Prayer -1)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 2
    Vanyan (37/39; 1 str drain)
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (51/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 2

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 12/15
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe takes a five foot step in front of Vanyan to get a clear shot and, buoyed by his prior success, takes it with deadly aim! He continues to shoot the reaver.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 3 = 12 (curse, prayer) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13 (prayer)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 3 = 17 (curse, prayer) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17 (prayer)


    Shakra Bull!
    And he smashes his war hammer into the brute.
    attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23
    damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11

    attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25
    damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan shakes some dust out of his lightbox, focusing it on the reaver.

    RR takes -2 to attacks for 3 total rounds, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Round 2/6: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 37/39 +14 temp
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
    Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas grunts and closes distance. Double move


    Tessenarin moves into the room and begins to sing, making everyone's weapons glow with magic +2 weapons

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Dust from Vanyan's wayfinder drifts out and sticks to the Reaver, hindering it further than it already is. Atium crushes a few rotting bones with his warhammer as the silhouette forms in the dimly lit room.

    Vinas closes the distance on the undead woman. "How did you make it through?" She asks curiously. Tessenarin sings and each of your weapons glows with magic. Aishe snaps a couple more bolts into the Red Reaver's decayed neck.

    The pair of Whispering Way Cultists appear once again. One behind Vanyana nd the other on the opposing side of Vinas.

    Blue dagger vs Vanyan AC FF 14; invisible: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Sneak Attack Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

    Purple dagger vs Vinas AC FF 26; invisible; flanking: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 23

    Vanyan gets nicked as he rolls out of the way, avoiding taking a dagger into his ribs.

    As Vinas closes on her the undead woman withdraws behind a pillar as the Reaver fights back. WIth a deep and guttural growl the Red Reaver bites at Atium.

    Bite vs Atium AC 21: 1d20 + 22 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 22 - 1 - 2 = 30
    Damage: 2d6 + 10 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 10 - 2 - 1 = 14

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 4
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)[b]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver (-46; Prayer -1; Dust -2)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 3
    [b]Vanyan (33/39; 1 str drain)
    Atium (54/68; Raging 66/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (51/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Tessenarin tries to figure out what kind of undead the spell caster is

    knowledge religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    He then takes aim at the cultist on Vinas
    longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
    damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas forgoes his true target for the moment, and takes two swings at the cultist, "Your best trick was not enough!"

    1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 20
    1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 10

    Unfortunately, neither is Vinas's aim.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan had 15 temp hp from False Life. Now 11.

    Round 3

    Vanyan take a pinprick from the once invisible prick. He spins on his foe, staff in hand. He moves away (provoking) and then casts Produce Flame.

    He throws it at the RReaver.

    1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 touch to hit;
    1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 fire damage. 1/6 used

    Round 3/6: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 37/39 +14 temp
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
    Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer, song
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 10/15
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe takes another five foot step for positioning, and continues to press against the reaver… overjoyed with his hitting.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 2 = 25 (curse, prayer, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15 (prayer, song)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20 (curse, prayer, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 3 = 18 (prayer, song)

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Blue AoO vs Vanyan AC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Vanyan safely runs away, conjuring a small hanful of fire that he tosses back at the cultist. the man screams and covers his face. Vinas turns away from the undead female and slashes back at the cultists that stabbed at him from behind.

    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

    His blade cuts deep into the cultist's shoulder and neck. Tessenarin recognizes the scholarly looking woman as a wight, her touch along could completely drain one of their energy. Tessenarin plunks an arrow into the wounded cultists's leg, hampering him further.

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 4
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist (Blue -8) (Purple -17)
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver (-46; Prayer -1; Dust -2)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 3
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (54/68; Raging 66/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (51/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)[/b]


    Atium swings at the ferocious beast. Knowing that this terrible foe is exceptionally skilled in martial combat.

    attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 19 Prayer and magic weapon.
    damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 13

    attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 27
    damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 16

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Correction, Vanyan's flames went to the Reaver.

    The reaver takes severe punishment o its undead body as flames, hammer and bolts all collide at once. Yet, it still remains. The cultists close in around Vinas, AoO on Purple

    Purple dagger vs Vinas AC 26; flanking: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

    Ducking down behind another pew a ghostly hand appears shimmering around the wights own decayed and gaunt hand. The Red Reaver bites back at Atium.

    Bite vs Atium AC 21: 1d20 + 22 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 22 - 1 - 2 = 27
    Damage: 2d6 + 10 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 - 2 - 1 = 16

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 5
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whispering Way Cultist (Purple -17)
    Scholarly Undead
    Red Reaver (-96; Prayer -1; Dust -2)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 4
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (38/68; Raging 50/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (51/63; 1 Con damage; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)

    2,601 to 2,650 of 2,965 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.