GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,527 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>

Tessenarin is no cleric, but he decides to try his best. Focusing on the beauty of Shelyn, and thinking about his recent times in the Boneyard, he issues a prayer, asking Shelyn and Pharasma both to allow the souls of the dead to have a peaceful journey off to the Boneyard and their final judgement.

religion: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 28

Dark Archive

You successfully perform the ritual slowly reciting each and every name that you know with reverence and sadness. The angelic figure smiles and disperses throughout the cemetery, granting you its blessing. "Thank you..." The voice trails off.

Each of you gains the ability to cast greater heroism (CL 9th) on yourself as an immediate action once during the next 24 hours.

As you make your way through Roslar's Coffer's cemetery, you find that many of the tombstones are toppled and shattered, and more than a few older graves are now empty, their earth broken open from underneath as though the graves’ occupants dug their way free.

A faint mist clings to the ground and swirls around your feet. Roslar's Tomb is unmistakable: it stands in the center of the cemetery and is by far the cemetery's largest structure. A macabre pile of bones and sinew is heaped near the tomb's entrance.


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Aishe shrugs at the tomb though it does look familiar. He motions the others to wait a moment and he checks for tracks to see if this is how the cultists come and go. His crossbow is out and ready, just in case.

Survival, tracking: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

He relays what he finds to the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"This seems almost like a circle, does it not? Here we are about to enter the tomb we started out in. Although, I suppose, a version on a different plane. I do not think that this trip will be any more pleasant than our last one. We should be prepared."


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan bows as the spirit offers its blessing. For some reason, he's been more attuned to spirits since he's left the Pathfinders, as if they had finally glomed onto him after he'd given up, after he'd resigned himself to failure.

He appreciates the blessing in Iomedae's name and is happy to have whatever magics might help them in the trials ahead.

Tessenarin wrote:
"This seems almost like a circle, does it not?"

Vanyan looks at Tess and nods. "Yes, you are right. Of course you are right. That makes sense. I'm...I'm surprised that I didn't not think of it. Some say that Life is a circle and when one thing dies, another thing is born of that death, that without death there can be no life," Vanyan quotes what he has learnt.

"The question then becomes, are the one that are on the circle of becoming alive or towards the end of our lives? We just emerged from death, in a way. So maybe this is a good omen."

Vanyan waits for Aishe to finish his trackings and report.

"Graveyards and our previous encounters makes it seem likely we should see the undead. We should prepare accordingly," Vanyan begins a few spell castings.

Extended Barskin (+3 now!) on Vinas and Atium (lasts 2 hours). Extended Magic Circle Against Evil on Atium as well.

Vanyan scours the ground for a few rocks.

"If we're going back to the beginning, these rocks may aid me." He picks up 3 of them and stores them for later. He is ready to move on.


Atium cracks his nuckols.
CRACK
CRACK.

ready to detroy things. There's gonna be walking shambling dead. I don't like those much. My Totem animals don't like biting and clawing the decayed flesh. Maybe The Drake will best serve.

Atium shows off the Drake Totem which he had carved from the special stones acquired in the deadlands. He is happy with the work he did, but knows he can get better. (Put a rank in Craft).

When Vanyan gives him the special blessings, he nods approval.
I will be a Ulfen marauder in this Coffer. Destroying and ravaging the undead inside. My Ulfen ancestors will be proud.
You done good Twink.


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan notes the drake totem on Atiums neck. He ponders, then shakes his head, then moves up to slap Atium in the face. "WANK, are you sure about that?"

"We're headed right into the land of the undead... again... and you suppose a drake will help? Look around! We must be properly prepared. A raven might be a much better choice." Suddenly worried about upsetting his burly companion, he adds, mumbling: "Not that I'm telling you what to do or anything...." Vanyan steps back, considering. He rubs his chin.

"Why did you call upon the drake again? Does it affect the undeathed in some way? Is there a radiance that I don't know about?"

He adds: "In any case, let me help you with the totem. I can collect some feathers, if that would help?"

Dark Archive

Aishe takes a moment and looks about for tracks or signs of the cultists. There are none. Likely the Loci Spirit repelled them from the area or they truly in fact do not know about the hidden passage between the Tomb and the Bastion of Light outside of the shroud of fog.

The Tomb only has but a single entrance. Cracking his knuckles Atium pushes towards it, the drake totem clawed around his neck on a stone. Coming within 20 feet of the macabre pile of bones and sinew heaped near the tomb’s entrance causes it to shudder and rise up to it's full height. Arcana to ID

As the bones spring to life, a set fling out from the pile at Atium, wrapping tightly around the man's thick arms, binding him in a prison of bone. You can attempt to escape the grapple normally or attack the bones to escape.

Bone Prison vs Atium Tch AC 14: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Init:

Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Jando: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Bone Pile: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Round 1
Aishe (40/40)
Jando (-6)
Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72) * Needs to level
Tessenarin (33/33)
* Needs to level
------------------------------------------
Bone Pile
------------------------------------------
Vinas (53/63)
Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Know (religion)

"What is that?!" Vanyan recoils, mindful of what horrors the dead are.


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Round: 1

Status:
HP: 40/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Normal Bolts = 6/8
Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
Grit = 4/4
Ranger Focus (+2) = 1/1
Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

Aishe worries that his bolts will be ineffective against this skeletal horror, but being unable to buy a single bolt of his own since this whole thing started, he continues to make do with what he has. He takes a 5’ step as his hands fly and he manages a second shot!

Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Ack, missed that it was Arcana. Still crappy roll.

Vanyan is very confused, unable to act.


a slight rewind.
Atium gets slapped right in the face.
WHACK!
Atium stands there absorbing the words from Vanyan and the truth it brings stings more than the slap.
You are right Twink. I wanted a totem of power from my lands. The great IceDrakes. I wanted something to replace the Eagle Spirit I clearly did not deserve more than The Keeper of the Gardens.
And the problem with all this is that it is what *I wanted*. You are right. The Raven is powerful. A symbol of war in my lands. They are used to navigate when raiding and pillaging. A ship will release them, and if they do not return, it means the land to raid is near.
Muninn is the name of a famous raven in my culture. It means Memory. I will take my spare rocks and add feathers. T, please collect me feathers.

It must be noted that he gives a strong enunciation of the T. Not calling him Vanyan or his nickname for him: Twink , but a respectful alteration.
He reaches into his belt pouch and finds a perfect black gemstone and gets to work. Delaying the parties start into the Tomb, but happy as his quick totem gets ready.
craftgemcutting: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 I think I have tools, but maybe not. +2. He's not trying to "complete it" just make it serviceable as a place to hold the animal's spirit.

********

When the bone trap is sprung, Atium springs into action- letting his strength work out the problem. Seeking protection, but also an escape,
Shakra Turtle!

And he takes his hammer and swings back and forth, knowing the special property of the hammer should sunder these bones.
sunder: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 14 if it's not really a sundering situation or opponent take off the +1 bonus. minus 2 is for grappled.
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

attack2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 7 Second sunder attack.
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

gm stats:
Rage 1/17. Grappled AC 19.

Dark Archive

Aishe's first bolt tears through some of the sinew with the sound of ripping paper, though it is slowed slightly by the effect. DR. Jando moves around a tombstone and fires an arrow at the bag of bones. "What is this monstrosity?" He grows through his small tusks.

+1 Longbow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

The arrows are in worse condition than Aishe's bolts are and it crumbles from the force of the bowstring pushing against it.

The bones are far stronger than Atium could have ever imagined as he has difficulty getting enough force behind the blow. Both were just misses, not that it was ineffective.

Round 1
Aishe (40/40)
Jando (-6)
Atium (74/74; Raging 86/86)
Tessenarin (33/33) * Needs to level
------------------------------------------
Bone Pile (-11)
------------------------------------------
Vinas (53/63)
Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


Tessenarin looks at the creature and tries to figure out what it is.

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Action pending result of Arcana check.

Dark Archive

This horrific humanoid figure is a mass of bones and skulls tied together with slick ropes of sinew is what is known as a Bone Golem. Resistant to all forms of weapons unless they are crafted from Adamantine and are abel to bludgeon.


"This is Bone Golem. Atium, only your hammer is going to damage it effectively."

Knowing that he can't effectively hurt this creature, Tessenarin sings a song and creates a patch of grease under the golem, hoping to cause it to fall.

Dark Archive

A bit of grease appears underneath the golem.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The golem seems completely unphased by the slick substance beneath it's clawed feet. The bone prison around Atium tightens around him.

Bone Prison Slam vs Atium CMD 22: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

The bones hurt immensely as they shift and grind into Atium's body. The golem stomps forward up to the small building and slams a fist at Aishe from around the corner.

Slam vs Aishe AC 18: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12

A fist made up of four skulls cracks into Aishe's jaw.

Round 2
Aishe (28/40)
Jando (-6)
Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
Tessenarin (39/39)

------------------------------------------
Bone Golem (-11)
------------------------------------------
Round 1
Vinas (53/63)
Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Round: 2

Status:
HP: 28/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Normal Bolts = 4/8
Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
Grit = 4/4
Ranger Focus (+2) = 1/1
Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

Not enjoying the crack, Aishe steps back, and tries again to whittle away at the great beast!

Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Sadly, his momentary fear of the creature seems to have effected his aim.


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Round 1

"A golem, you say," Vanyan replies trying to figure out a solution to something that is not undead. "Uhm...maybe this will work." Vanyan shakes some dust out of his mostly broken lightbox and tosses it at the creature.

Bone Thug in Cemetery takes -2 to attacks for 3 total rounds, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

Vanstats:

+6 ranged touch

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

hp: 39/39
AC: 16/14/12
Saves: F5/R6/F10

Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
PoP 2: 0/1 used
GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

Quantum Leaps used:
Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Atium! Iomedae!" Vinas takes a quick step, hoping to hit the creature hard enough to hurt it, despite not having the right weapon.

    Overhead!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
    Backswing!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    Dark Archive

    Vinas blade clangs off the bones, barely scratching the surface. The dust from Vanyan's wayfinder escapes once again and clings right to the bone golem's body, illuminating the graveyard. Small shadows leap to escape from the light as they rush behind tombstones and smaller mausoleums.

    Aishe tries to whittle away but only ends up missing terribly.

    Round 2
    Aishe (28/40)
    Jando (-6)
    Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)

    ------------------------------------------
    Bone Golem (-15; -2 att 3 rounds)
    ------------------------------------------
    Round 1
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


    Tess wrote:
    Atium, only your hammer is going to damage it effectively."
    Vinas wrote:
    Atium!

    Hearing his name, and being called upon to be the Viking Vanguard.

    He knows he must not let them down. Too much is at stake, and with the wisdom of a 300+ year old turtle. he digs down deep and feels MORE.
    invoking the blessing of Greater Heroism as an immediate action.
    I feel more!
    More Focus.
    More sturdiness. (+9 HP)
    More aim.
    More everything!

    He screams this as the bones that wrap around him constrict.
    sunder: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 = 29 +1 is from sunder. minus if I can't sunder this thing.
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

    sunder2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


    Knowing that his bow is not going to be able to significantly injure the golem, Tessenarin begins to sing his angry song. This time, however, everyone feels some kind of barrier, almost, protecting them, fortifying them against magic.

    Superstitious rage power. Tessenarin will explain after combat, but we have to save against our own spells as well right now.

    Dark Archive

    +1 Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

    +1 Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

    Jando pelts twin arrows into the stretched out Frankenstein of bones while Tessenarin's song begins to get a bit superstitious, which is completely understandable considering all that has happened.

    Atium smashes into the bone prison and shatters it beneath his strength. Bits of bone crack and shatter, freeing the big, raging man. The golem bites and smashes its fists down at Atium and Vinas.

    Bite vs Vinas AC 22: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 = 17
    Slam 1 vs Vinas AC 22: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 = 14
    Slam 2 vs Vinas AC 22: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 2 = 13

    The flurry of attacks takes out a neat row of headstones, spewing bits of gravel and stone across the grass.

    Round 3
    Aishe (28/40)
    Jando (-6)
    Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)

    ------------------------------------------
    Bone Golem (-29; -2 att 2 rounds)
    ------------------------------------------
    Round 2
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    "Yes, keep it busy! I'll circle around!" Vanayn double moves around the foe, circling very wide to avoid AoOs and trying to get behind the monster. Moving over the grease, a 15' jump, Vanyan leaps, using *all* his athletic skill...

    1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9 Acrobatics, long jump vs. DC 15
    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Reflex

    Vanyan fails to get enough speed to generate exit velocity, but manages to keep his feet as he skids to a stop.

    Next round, he'll be in flank with his mighty longspear.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 39/39
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/F10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Fists rain down on Vinas's shield as he replies. "Keep it busy? I was planning on taking it for a stroll Vanyan." the joke is a bit out of character for the young man, but maybe he's just getting used to the absurdity of it all.

    "Atium, I'll go low, smash it!" Vinas takes an attack on a closed line, but it's designed to aid Atium over the top.

    Aid Another: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 Aid to Atium's attack


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 28/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 2/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 4/4
    Ranger Focus (+2) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

    Ashe holds his ground and takes another pair of shots into the beast!

    Crossbow: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30 (song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 (song)
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 (song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 (song)

    Dark Archive

    Vinas goes low, helping Atium line up a solid blow. Vanyan has to circle wide, not to draw it's attention too much. Holding his ground Aishe sets his sights on completely f%@~ing this golem up. Both bolts completely blast through the bones with amazing power behind them.

    Round 3
    Aishe (28/40)
    Jando (-6)
    Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)

    ------------------------------------------
    Bone Golem (-50; -2 att 2 rounds)
    ------------------------------------------
    Round 2
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


    I'm waiting to post to see what happens with Jando and Atium attacking


    Atium takes advantage of the combat tactics to put everything he can behind his blows. With his off arm no longer being tangled and bound by the cage of bones, he puts that freed hand onto the pommel of the warhammer and brings down two handed blows.

    PA attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 23 Sunder and Vinas Aid
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

    then the other blow.
    PA attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23 Sunder and Vinas Aid
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

    Saves vs dispelled spells:
    1d20 ⇒ 16 vs. Barkskin.

    Dark Archive

    +1 Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 = 18
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12

    +1 Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

    Another of Jando's arrows breaks through a set of ribs of the golem. Freed from his cage of bones Atium brings the adamantine warhammer down hard into the golem twice with devastating effect. The golem shudders and nearly collapses.

    Round 3
    Aishe (28/40)
    Jando (-6)
    Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    ------------------------------------------
    Bone Golem (-88; -2 att 2 rounds)
    ------------------------------------------
    Round 2
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)

    Dark Archive

    Longbow; PBS; Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 15

    Seeing the golem near collapsing in on itself, Tessenarin notices a single fiber of sinew holding the structure together. taking aim he fire an arrow clean through the fibrous material, The golem shakes and falls back into an inert pile of the dead once more.

    A large, metal double door forms the entrance to Roslar’s Tomb. The door bears the beginning of a carving, but one that was never finished. Time, vandalism, and weather have worn away any trace of what the carving was supposed to depict, leaving the door’s surface strangely lumpy.

    Party Status:

    Aishe (28/40)
    Jando (-6)
    Atium (60/74; Raging 72/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I'm slightly injured, and have some succor to provide. Are you ready for this? I expect the trials to be more than just those of the body. We're going back into the place that started it all."

    Has anyone picked up Trap Spotter yet? If not, Vinas will lead the way.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe nods, "I too could use some healing, but if we're thin on the wand, and I expect we are, I can just hang back." he offers.

    (28/40)

    He lines up behind the others, shifts the quarrels in his quiver, checks his misses for breakage, and is ready to continue on.

    low is bad: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

    Dark Archive

    The door opens with a loud scraping noise. During your travels of the Dead Roads you found yourselves in a cleaner, more idealized version of Roslar’s Tomb. The real structure looks to have been left neglected centuries ago.

    Streaks of mud stain the floor of this antechamber. A short pedestal bearing a metal plaque occupies a small alcove in the east wall, and atop it stands a statue of an armored man with flowing hair and a grand mustache. The knight carries a shield on his left arm, and his right arm is broken off at the elbow. A metal double door exits to the west. Identical corridors lead north and south, both turning to the east.

    The plaque on the pedestal reads, “Ervin Roslar: Paladin, Hero, Martyr,” but the last three words have been crudely scratched out and the word “Traitor” has been carved into the metal above them.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    We have 24 charges on the wand of CLW, use them as you see fit. I’ll mark them off.

    Vanyan circles the creature, setting his longspear in flank just as the creature falls. Oh, well, I tried.

    He looks to see if others were disappointed in his efforts, then shrugs, trying not to care what others think. Old habits die hard.

    He’ll cast Detect Magic and look over the immediate area, then concentrate on into the vault.

    He follows others into the first room.

    ”Well, this seems familiar, but just like our town, much s@+&tier than we last left it. So...right or left?”

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan detects a moderate magical aura coming from within the entrance chamber of Roslar's Tomb.


    Atium takes 2 charges of curing.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Atium now at 69/74.

    He asks for a couple minutes to recover from the last battle. Looking at the front door, wondering why the work was not complete, and why there's a bulge in the door.
    My work with metal was mostly with weapons. Sometimes some hinges and horeshoes. Nothing this big. I don't understand why this door is the way it is. Anyone else have thoughts?

    When Vinas moves in, Atium supports him.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”Wait! Hold on...” Vanyan pauses people while he examines the magical aura coming from the entrance. ”Lemme see if I can isolate things. Might be a danger, might not.”

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 Perception
    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Spellcraft (+6 more if magical item)

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan narrows it down to within 5 feet of the statue and both passageways leading into the Tomb, so unfortunately it cannot be circumvented on foot. The magical aura radiates a moderate level of necromantic energy. This aura is very familiar to Vanyan, and also very powerful. It reeks of a mass, inflict moderate wounds spell as he studies the area a little closer but still from a safe distance.


    "That does not sound good at all. Do we know of a way to disable this?"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan looks around to see if anyone else has a solution. He pauses, pondering what the effect might if it was a necrotic trap and what his chances of avoiding or neutralizing the trap might be.

    Sensing that the trap is probably not going to be good, Vanyan moves up a bit and brings out his mostly broken lightbox. He speaks into it softly, speaking into the lightbox and whatever might be within.

    "C'mon, Overtu...I don't know if you're in there or not, but I could *really* use some help here. I know...I know we never spoke while we were Pathfinders, but one time you didn't sneer at me...and that meant a lot. Especially coming from one of your kind," Vanyan seeks inspiration for what he's about to try. "I'm not sure this has a chance of working, but maybe you'll give me a bit of help..."

    Vanyan unlocks the limited power of the lightbox, casting Dispel Magic at the magical necrotic effect.

    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Dispel check

    Bottlecap: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Dispel check


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Status:
    HP: 36/40 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 4/4
    Ranger Focus (+2) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 1/1 (1/24h)

    Aishe takes the edge off before proceeding...

    CLW Wand: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

    He looks at the trap and shrugs, "Everybody back off. Let me see what I can do, but if I fail, you should be at some distance."

    He moves up to the trap, takes out his tools, and tries to disarm it.
    Disarm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

    (I don't have the ability to disarm magical traps, but Aishe has no knowledge of this, so he'd have tried anyway. So I assume the trap triggers.)

    Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan attempts to dispel the powerful magic but it seems to be a bit more concentrated that initially investigated. Cabaguil nudges in with a thought and attempts a more physical approach to the magical arts. His hand jerks too much into the unseen barrier and releases the effects of the trap.

    A chill fills the air a split-second before a huge wave of negative energy floods the tomb's entryway, leaping from living member to living member!

    Caster Level SR Check (Aishe): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
    Caster Level SR Check (Atium): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
    Caster Level SR Check (Tessenarin): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
    Caster Level SR Check (Vinas): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
    Caster Level SR Check (Vanyan): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

    Mass Inflict Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (7, 8) + 11 = 26 DC 19 Will save for half

    Jando drops to his knees, sweat forming and dripping from his green face as he looks to be in visible pain. A curious thing happens to the rest of you. The wave seems to wash right over Tessenarin harmlessly, leaving him along untouched. An invisible barrier seems to protect the rest of the you from the necromantic magic momentarily.

    @Everyone besides Tessenarin- Take 14 damage from the mass inflict moderate wounds. With a DC 19 Will save for half take 1 damage

    Jando Will save DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

    Player Status:

    Aishe (36/40)
    Jando (-32)
    Atium (69/74; Raging 80/86)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vinas (53/63)
    Vanyan (39/39; 1 str drain)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Ugh, I would have waited for folks to step back first to avoid large scale damage like this. If possible. That's why I told folks to back off.

    Dark Archive

    Fair enough, it would just be yourself then. Unless Vanyan hung around.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    GM Tyranius wrote:
    Fair enough, it would just be yourself then. Unless Vanyan hung around.

    Yes, we would have happily stepped back. Well back.

    Vanyan shields his eyes from the blast, quickly looking to be sure that Aishe is alright after the effect.

    "That seems less bad than it could have been," Vanyan says, offering Aishe the wand again if he wishes it.

    With that done, he's happy to follow others inside.


    "will that happen again? Or should we hasten through this room?


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe takes his lumps stoically, and begs two more charges from the wand to mitigate what was just done. He hands the wand back frowning, concerned about how much they're using it. Especially himself of late.

    CLW Wand: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 8, 1, 3) + 4 = 17

    (27/40)

    Tessenarin wrote:
    "will that happen again? Or should we hasten through this room?

    He shrugs. "Dunno, but we're not doing anyone any good standing out here. Let's go in," he suggests.

    Assuming someone does so, he takes out his crossbow, loads it, and follows.


    If I remember right, the two corridors lead to the same big room with the horse statue. We used these connecting corridors to get by the protectors trying to keep us IN and people out. Well, that was last time.
    Atium moves to the corridor and will proceed once everyone else has entered the tomb.

    2,201 to 2,250 of 2,527 << first < prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.