GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,151 to 2,200 of 2,493 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>

Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "You'll not survive ghoul, and we only need one of you to question! AH!!!!!!" Vinas charges the cultist, pulling up right next to his shieldmate Atium.

    CHARGE!: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 28 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 and ELEC: 1d6 ⇒ 1


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan moves up 30', shaking dust from his mostly broken lightbox. Pooling the dust into the air, he tosses it at the ghoul. The spiritual weapon continues his attacks.

    Ghoul takes -2 to attacks for this and 1 more round, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Spiritual Weaon on Ghoul:
    1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 3 = 20 to attack with spiritual weapon
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 force damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 29/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 1/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Tessenarin tries to see if can confirm this is a ghoul.

    religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

    longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    He lands a solid shot with his bow.

    damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin also confirms this is a ghoul. Their bites and attacks easily paralyze their foes before turning them into ghouls themselves. Tessenarin fires another arrow. There are too many in the way and the arrow barely misses.

    Atium tries to break one of the daggers but ends up nearly dropping his warhammer in the process, his sweaty hands cause it to slip. Vanyan's spiritual longsword continues to cut thin lines in the ground as Chatar Esuri shifts to the side.

    Aishe's luck also seems to run out, grabbing too many of his used bolts backfires as one splits in the chamber. Vinas bolsters the teams failures as he charges the no seen cultist and stabs him through the ribs.

    Jando moves in restocking his quiver to get a clearer shot. Chatar Esuri continues to slowly heal. Her eyes lock onto Atium's. "Lower yourself before Urgathoa and feed on the pain."

    @Atium- DC 15 Will save vs Castigate

    Stepping back to regroup themselves the pair of cultists grab another potion from their pouches and turn invisible once again as the glass vials break on the street.

    Round 3
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-20; JoH 3; -2 att 1 rounds)
    Cultist (Red -11)
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Jando


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 3

    Vanyan begins a full round cast.

    Ghoul takes -2 to attacks for 1 more round, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Spiritual Weaon on Ghoul:
    1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 = 16 to attack with spiritual weapon
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 force damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 29/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 1/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Will DC 15.
    Lucky, lucky Atium.
    His mind must be absent from his body. Some out of body experience-because the magics of this ghoul should have paralyzed his mind.

    Your pals left you. There's no need for me to feel pain- when YOU can feel it yourself! Since you don't have anything to sunder.....
    Atium moves forward 10 feet and gives a whack to Chatar.
    attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21 Magic WH.
    damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12


    Tessenarin moves up trying to get to point blank range
    Can't access map at work

    longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 4/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    (Tessenarin, I moved you up 30’ on the map, not quite there yet, but next round you will be.)

    Aishe moves up a little further, finally in reach himself as he continues to shoot the ghoul.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 1 = 17 (song, PB, cover) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15 (song, PB)

    (I’m assuming the song is still going, but if not, -2 from attack and damage please.)

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin steps closer but isn't able to get any better of a shot at the ghoul. Atium fights the impulse taking over his mind. While his knees shake to kneel, his mind fights his body with pure rage alone. Stepping up he swings wildly and misses as the ghoul dodges out of the way.

    Vanyan begins to really concentrate into his broken wayfinder as the magical longsword isn't able to find a target, and neither is Aishe without a little more help.

    Round 3
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-20; JoH 3; -2 att 1 rounds)
    Cultist (Red -11)
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Jando


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Ignoring the invisible threat for the moment, Vinas lowers the tip of his blade at the undead, "In the name of the Inheritor, and by divine right, I shall smite thee from here to eternity!" He strides forth and swings with an angled overhead slice.

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 29 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 8 = 14 . Ugh, I hate when a solid hit rolls minimum damage. AC v. Ghoul is 23

    Dark Archive

    Vinas ignores the invisible threat and lowers his blade, driving it deep into Chatar Esuri's side. her tongue flops out, licking across Vinas' chin and cheek.

    Jando moves in and flicks off an arrow at the ghoul.

    Longbow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    The arrow leaves a minor scratch across the ghoul's armor as it bounces off of Vina's heavier plating Chatar Esuri continues to heal. She frantically bites and claws at the pair holding her back. "Wanted to get so close so soon." Her teeth tear at Vinas.

    Bite vs Vinas AC 23; Bane: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 15
    Claw 1 vs Vinas AC 23; Bane: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 21
    Claw 2 vs Atium AC 20; Bane: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 2 = 14

    Thanks to Vanyan's lightbox none of the strikes make it through. While everyone else was focused on taking out the ghoul Jando is ambushed as daggers spring around him.

    Red Dagger vs Jando AC 19; flanking; invisible: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Sneak ATtack Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

    Green Dagger vs Jando AC 19; flanking; invisible: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 16

    Round 4
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-31; JoH 3)
    Cultist (Red -11)
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (37/53)
    Jando (-12)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 3

    Vanyan finishes his spell, calling lightning down upon the ghoul.

    3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) = 11 lightning vs. DC 16 for half

    And his weapon fights on...

    Spiritual Weaon on Ghoul:
    1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 3 = 17 to attack with spiritual weapon
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 force damage

    He 5’ steps back away from the red daggerer.

    Vanstats:

    hp: 29/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 1/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 4

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 3/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe takes a 5’ step back, a bit startled at the appearance of the enemy so close. He takes a shot at the red one, hoping to focus fire.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20 (song, PB) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 = 14 (song, PB)

    (I’m assuming the song is still going, but if not, -2 from attack and damage please.)


    Song is still up!

    Hoping that Atium and Vinas can handle the ghoul themselves, he takes a shot at red.

    longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    but he just can't seem to find the mark tonight.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I've got the ghoul, focus on those cultists!" Vinas doesn't look for confirmation, he just focuses on the task at hand.

    His eyes, gimlet, lock on to the ghoul. "Your end is here."
    ATK!: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 25 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 12


    Atium hears the confidence in Vinas's voice and knows that he is a man who is a "lunchpale" type of worker and will get the job done.....
    GEFGW on the other hand.....

    Atium pivots and moves to close on the cultist attacking the half-orc ranger.
    gnomes would nev'r survive without the help of the other races. All the big creatures would be pouncing on them. But they are cool, so the Ulfen come and save their asses each and every time.

    Atium swings the warhammer down. Once again trying to sunder the weapon of the unhurt cultist. The weapon on his primary hand.
    sunder: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 19 sunder+ flanking
    damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8 sunder damage. Adamantine.

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin misses his mark while Atium detaches himself from the ghoulie and moves in to and smashes the hammer against the tip of the magical dagger, completely destroying it in the process. The cultist's hand shakes a bit as small magical shards embed into his palm.

    Vanyan smiles as the green haze flashes above them. Everyone's hair on their arms stand on end as a bolt of lightning cracks loudly, crashing into the ground around the ghoul.

    Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    Aishe snaps off a shot at the recently revealed (again) cultist and inserts a bolt into the man's ribs through his leather armor. Vinas rears back with his sword and swings it with a mighty arc. The blade slices through the middle of the ghouls head, killing it without mercy.

    Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

    Longbow; PBS: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

    Stepping back Jando plinks an arrow through the spine of the wounded cultist, dropping the red robed one and then turns his attention to the last cultist and snaps another arrow into his leg. He sneers. "We do not fear death. Each of us that you kill will rise again as the glorious undead." He feints at Jando as he draws another dagger from a sheath strapped on his chest.

    Feint DC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

    Round 5
    -------------------------------------------
    Cultist (Green -8)
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (37/53)
    Jando (-12)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 4
    "That only works if we don't burn your body...and we're going to burn you to ashes," Vanyan replies completely correctly. "We're gunna burn you good...after you answer some questions for us."

    Vanyan calls lightning down on green.
    3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) = 16 lightning vs. DC 16 for half

    And switches his spiritual weapon to the green goon.

    Spiritual Weaon on green:
    1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 3 = 24 to attack with spiritual weapon
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 force damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 29/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 1/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Seeing that the cultist has yet another weapon out- Atium looks to destroy that one too. Not exactly understanding why the others are doing what they are doing- - but assumes that they feel the same way about him. They might not know what he is doing.

    sunder: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23 sunder
    damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 5

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 3/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    ”We want this fellow alive, do we not?” he inquires before shooting.

    Assuming he gets an affirmative response, he holds his fire, waiting for Atium to work his way through the bloke’s daggers. (delay, possibly past the opponents turn)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Spare him not the pain, only the journey!" Vinas steps up to the cultist and leads with a slash from the sharp side of the blade. "As long as a head is attached I'll get us answers."

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13


    with what is likely the end of the combat, Tessenarin stops singing.

    "How, pray tell, Vinas, will you do that? I hate what they have done to this town as much as anyone, but you have certainly become more bloodthirsty than you originally appeared. Let us get what information we can."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8
    Vinas uth Antimanes wrote:
    "Spare him not the pain, only the journey!" Vinas steps up to the cultist and leads with a slash from the sharp side of the blade. "As long as a head is attached I'll get us answers."

    Aishe shrugs noncommittally, and takes his shot, careful to avoid the head if he can.

    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23 (PB) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 (PB)


    Woooweee. I do like how you say all of that Tessenarin. You can talk. You are a good talking man.
    I personally don't mind the bloodthirsty way of Vinas. He's my shieldmate, but you work wonders with the words and always sway me to your side of arguments.

    Atium doesn't care how this combat ends. As long as they are all still alive, he's good. Any "speaking to live cultists or dead cultists" will be stuff the others do and have to handle.
    But, he sees the party strife and the rifts between people and personalities. Not much to do about it.

    Dark Archive

    The combat definitely ends with Atium shattering the masterwork dagger and the rest of the team skewering the cultist in every way shape and form. Vanyan finishes the body of by scorching it from the heavens with green tinted lightning.

    Player Status:

    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (37/53)
    Jando (-12)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan notes the downed cultist, and then sends 3 more bolts into the downed ghoul, just to make sure and hopefully to set it afire.

    ”Okay, lads, let’s make sure we don’t leave any good pieces for the necromancers. Vinas, be a dear and chop up that cultist, huh? Gimme a moment to see about any good loot on them first though,” Vanyan loots the cultists first, then the ghoul, with Detect Magic.

    ”If you want to speak to the dead, I guess we can make it work. Maybe, I ain’t making no promises though,” Vanyan continues. ”And we’re not getting more than one or two questions, too, Vinas. So you better think about that as you drag one of the bodies back with us. Just a few questions and I make no promises about the veracity of the answers.”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe nods, puts away his crossbow, and searches the bodies for equipment, especially food. Well, he doesn't search for food on the ghoul, but on the others...

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

    "It'd be good to know where their base of operations is. I'd hate to stumble into them accidentally. Better to do so on our terms." he suggests, wondering if that's a good question.


    "that certainly is not a bad question. But I wonder what happened here. And what this green.... shroud? is.


    Yeah. Ask and tell me what happened here. I want to know how we ended up in Ressler's Coffer or Coffins or whatever we got into.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Assuming someone will drag/carry the body back to Jando’s retreat (aka the honeycomb hideout), Vanyan will insist the body is lain someplace away from the main fire, and that a few stones and logs are put over it to pin it down.

    He dusts off the body, making sure the neck and mouth aren’t choked or broken, so that the voice can escape the dead body (if it wants to).

    Vanyan kneels by the body and takes his lightbox into his hands. He looks at Vinas, then at Aishe, then at Tess. ”Are you sure you want to hear from his body? I mean, it’s probably going to be crap.” He rubs his lightbox in his hands, trying to get it ready for the magics that may or may not work. He’s not sure the magics will issue forth, but is hoping.

    ”Tell me again what questions you want?” he asks, more to stall than to inquire. ”Ok, fine. Let’s get on with this.”

    Vanyan pats the lightbox over the head and neck of the corpse, beginning in the incantation of Speak with Dead. The process takes a while, and after the first 5 minutes his knees hurt and he wishes he wasn’t kneeling. By the time the full 10 minutes is over, he’s annoyed.

    ”Cultist? CULTIST!? Are you there? We demand answers from you. WE. SUMMON. YOU. To answer our questions,” Vanyan begins. ”Firstly, tell us where your cultist hideout lies. Where you do and your ghoul friend lair?” Vanyan waits to hear an answer. DC 16 Will, if the spirit chooses to resist.

    Vanyan waits for the answer before asking the next question. He pats the lightbox over the corpse’s face before continuing.

    ”Second question: how did you come to his place, through the green death shroud?”


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • You beat me to it. I was going to lay hands on a dying cultist so we can interrogate the old fashioned way.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe watches Vanyan with much interest, fascinated by such apparent power. To speak to the dead! Amazing.

    He scarcely breaths as he waits for the dead to speak.

    Dark Archive

    GM Rolls:
    GM Rolls: 2d20 ⇒ (12, 11) = 23

    The head of the cultists slowly stirs as it turns to face Vanyan. None of the rest of the body bothers to stir, including the lightless eyes. A whispering voice emanates from within the open mouth that barely moves. "Bastion...of...Light" The corpse then slowly raises it's hand, showing off it's palm slightly. You notice a small burn mark on the cultist's palm resembling small skulls.

    The corpse then falls limply once more, no more words fall from it's mouth.


    "Well, that was even less helpful than I had imagined. Next time I think we let Vinas heal a guy and try the old fashioned way. The results certainly can't be any less helpful. So, off to the graveyard in the morning? Perhaps they have more information."

    Dark Archive

    Sifting through the bodies Vanyan and Aishe look for any signs of magic and find plenty. The pair of cultists have gear similar to their counterparts from earlier:

  • oil of magic weapon (4)
  • potion of spider climb (2)
  • +1 dagger
  • mwk studded leather (2)
  • mwk daggers (7)
  • 34 gp

    The ghoul has quite the unique set up:

  • potion of blur
  • +1 scale mail
  • +1 scythe
  • ring of protection +1
  • iron unholy symbol of Urgathoa
  • 177 gp


  • Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Bastion of light." Aishe repeats softly, still amazed to hear the dead speak. "What do you think it means?" he asks, considering Tessenarin's statement as well.

    When the loot is found, he stores what he can to help carry the burden back to their lair where he replenishes his quiver, the ever-dwindling supply.


    Atium hears Tess's words and again is swayed to his side of the argument.
    He notices the nice stuff collected, but is more interested in the "sleep" part of their evening.

    He doesn't say a word, but takes his assigned watch.


    "I think Vinas should take this other ring, as he sees more up front combat than anyone besides Atium. Does one of you want the armor? Perhaps after it has been.... cleaned? I am sure wearing it after a ghoul could potentially be distasteful, but it seems foolish to let it go to waste. I would like one of the magic daggers if no one is opposed.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    "Piddlespotting Bastion of Light?" Vanyan knew he was going to be disappointed, but this answer was lower than even his little bar. "Well, I promised you nothing and delivered less. That's my brand." He smiles weakly. It was a poor joke.

    Vanyan takes his time to ID the magic items when they get back to the hideout. He doesn't take any of the magics for himself.

    Vanyan can wear the scale mail, but doesn't need it as he's not going to hopefully be in combat much.

    "Anything else before we start our shifts? Tomorrow might be a crazy day with the graveyard and all."

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan:
    You know that the Bastion of light is the fortified cathedral devoted to Sarenrae where the Red Reaver was killed. It is located a mile outside of town past the shroud of fog.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "What is the Bastion of Light?" Vinas asks as he slides the new ring on his finger. [ooc]Maybe he knows? Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

    "I wonder if you should take the potion that makes you blurry Atium. Given your fighting style it might be a big boon." Vinas also holds up one of the oils to see if anyone objects.

    "Sleep isn't a bad idea. If we're going to a graveyard in this place, I want to be on the top of my game."


    "yes, Vinas, take an oil. I cannot always make weapons magic. Do you not want the armor?"
    I have no idea what kind of armor you are wearing.

    "I think sleep would be good as well. We will be fresh when we return to the graveyard."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe nods at Tessenarin’s suggestions and listens to his other companions discussions. He too is ready to rest and, after some supper, takes his watch in turn. He sleeps fairly soundly, confident in the protection of their hiding place.

    In the morning, refreshed, he considers the day, shuffles his bolts around a bit, and makes ready to leave for the graveyard and their next mission.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan looks up, suddenly less confused. ”Oh it’s Bastion of Light, I thought it was saying Fashion, alright? because he was likely dead and crazed. But Bastion of Light makes *much* more sense. Oh yeah...” Vanyan looks side eyed at Tess and Aishe.

    ”Shouldn’t you guys know that the Bastion of Light is the fortified cathedral devoted to Sarenrae where the Red Reaver was killed. It is located a mile outside of town past the shroud of fog? Remember your town history?” Vanyan wonders what other memories might have been lost while they were dead.

    ”Anyhoot, that’s the answer.”

    Vanyan takes his turn at rest, tired from having watched everyone else work and garden for the day, then takes his watch shift, then is ready to go in the morning.

    Dark Archive

    After a good nights rest you all feel quite refreshed and ready to escape this hellish landscape.

    When you return to the cemetery, the winged manifestation of the loci spirit appears before you once more. "Thank you, travelers of the Dead Roads, we are whole once again. You have proven yourselves to be friends of Roslar's Coffer, and so you can step inside to honor its dead. We must warn you, though: the dead are restless within our cemetery. They have congregated within the edifice known as Roslar's Tomb. Perhaps they somehow know of the hidden passage between the tomb and the Bastion of Light and seek to assault that noble edifice."

    "In addition, you may participate as celebrants our ceremony to receive our blessing."

    Invoking the ceremony requires a celebrant to recite a list of the dead from Roslar’s Coffer, which doesn’t need to be complete but must be made as a heartfelt effort. This requires a DC 25 Knowledge (local) check. Another celebrant must request that the dead rest easily and travel well to the afterlife that awaits them. This requires a DC 25 Knowledge (religion) check. Both checks must be successful--otherwise, you cannot attempt to perform the ceremony for 24 hours.

    As you prepare to enter the cemetery, you reflect on your recent experiences. You feel stronger and ready for the greater challenges to come! It seems you must once more visit and pass through the now familiar scene of Roslar's Tomb.

    Everybody is now level 6!


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • HUZZAH!!!!! This is a pretty cool scene. Vinas isn't a good choice for the ceremony, but will gladly do what he can.

    "I've already seen the inside of that tomb. I'm not keen on it again. Still, Labor me vocat." The phrase, in an older Taldane dialect, is spoken with gravitas.


    Nice! I might be able to do the religion check, as that's better than local. Does anyone have local?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/24 (2426)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”You want me to do what to who now?” Vanyan asks, trying to make sense of the ceremony. ”And what does it do?”

    Vanyan shrugs and makes an earnest effort to remember the dead, starting with his parents, relatives, and those he can recall from his youth.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Know (local)

    ”...and good old Mr. Mcgreaven, which is why you always leave a note.” He turns to Tess, who might be able to complete the ritual.

    Vanyan tries to help.

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 Know (religion) to aid Tess

    Don’t forget your bottlecap, Tess.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Oh ah." begins Aishe slowly, "I'm not that into Sarenrae, and didn't know that's what they called the temple historically." he shrugs.

    When they reach the cemetery, he nods and smiles as they're granted entry.

    H'e impressed by Vanyan's knowledge of the town, twice over now. He smiles as Vanyan rattles off the names. Knowing little about Sarenrae, he can't help much on the religious front, but he does what he can with a few Abadar anecdotes.

    Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 vs DC 10 to aid (I'm pretty sure I can do this untrained, but if not, please ignore)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas adds what he can to the ritual; phrases of power, hand motions to bring succor. Knowledge (Religion) Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

    2,151 to 2,200 of 2,493 << first < prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.