GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
BottleCaps: Aishe (1); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (1)


2,101 to 2,150 of 2,275 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

No AoO as the plant is still flat-footed.


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Round: Surprise

Status:
HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Normal Bolts = 6/8
Cold Iron Bolts = 5/6
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
Grit = 4/4
Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

Having lined up with a clear firing lane (presumably), Aishe readies to take his shot when Atium rushes the plant. ”Why not just let me an Tess’ take shots from here a while?”

He shrugs and takes his shot.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 (point blank)


Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Plants don't bleed. I hate evil cultists, and I hate ghosts bereft of rest."

    Vinas approaches slowly, preparing to switch to his bow for the smart play. As Atium charges forth he shrugs, leaves the bow, draws his long sword, and similarly charges forth!

    ATK!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Dark Archive

    Jando fires his bow over the fountain and into the flower.

    Longbow; Precise; PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

    The arrows slits through the flower spurting poison to everything around it. Atium bul rushes right next to the flower, slipping on a small bit of the goo as Aishe's bolt luckily misses and shatters against the fountain.

    Vinas charges in behind Atium, not wanting to leave the big guy all alone. He stabs stabs his sword into a large pocket and it bursts splashing the fountain.

    Surprise Round
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    ----------------------------------------
    Crypt Flower (-17)
    ----------------------------------------


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Vinas's action wrote:
    Vinas approaches slowly, preparing to switch to his bow for the smart play

    Yeah, if you wanted to go over tactics, you should have done so far earlier... that's all on you guys. It was very clear that Atium was going to jump in on this. LOL!


    Tesssenarin moves up and takes a shot.

    longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    But yet again shoots way off target.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan posted above.

    Vanyan Kaleseder wrote:

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 touch to hit;

    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fire damage

    Dark Archive

    Vanayan tosses a small ball of flames into the plant. It squirms in discomfort and pain as tendrils lash all around the air. Tessenarin's arrow flies high into the mist.

    The crypy flower dips it's thrashing vines into the pitcher at the top and flings toxic fluids all over Vinas and Atium. The goo splatters right into Atium's face and splashes onto Vinas as well.

    Toxic Splash vs Atium AC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

    @Vinas and Atium- Need a DC 18 Fort save vs Poison. Vinas gets a +4 to his check for the splash.

    Round 1
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)

    ----------------------------------------
    Crypt Flower (-20)
    ----------------------------------------


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • FORT: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 4 = 29 Vinas shrugs off the nastiness.

    Oh *I* know Atium was clear. That's all simply RP.

    How much of an obstacle is the fountain? Asking for someone looking to inch his way to flank.

    Dark Archive

    @Vinas- The fountain is tall enough to provide cover. Let's say difficult terrain as it isn't deep.

    Atium and Vinas also each get an AoO as that was a ranged attack.


    poison save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Save DC 18

    Atium then makes a raged swing on the plant (AoO).
    adamantium: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 = 23
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

    Regular post forthcoming.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan tosses another ball of fire at the plant.

    1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 18 to hit;
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 fire damage

    3 fires left.

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 0/2 used


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 5/8 (1 miss)
    Cold Iron Bolts = 5/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 4/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Confident the warriors know what they’re doing, he continues to shoot the flower.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 (point blank)

    He smiles as his luck seems to have turned.


    Tessenarin takes another shot with his bow.

    longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

    He releases a breath as he is glad he it again.

    damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Dark Archive

    Longbow; Precise; PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 = 23
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

    Longbow; Precise; PBS: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17

    Jando clips another arrow into the crypt flower as the pair of frontline warriors shed off the poison before it has the chance of soaking in. Atium's hammer gives a wet thump to the flowers main pod.

    Aishe's bolt snips through a tentacles severing it to the ground where it writhes and twitches. Tessenarin gets another with his own bow. Vanyan's flames continue to spread and ignite as he adds more to the smoldering ashes.

    Round 1
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    ----------------------------------------
    Crypt Flower (-66)
    ----------------------------------------


    Atium takes steps to spread out.
    This plant is still dangerous. Pour it on archers!
    Atium does his part with putting both hands on the warhammer and taking a herculean swing.
    attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 = 25
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas works in tandem with Atium. He steps and swings ATK: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12, but the ichor makes his grip slip!

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Atium's hammer seems to be all that the Crypt Flower can take as the blunt instrument rips through the foliage. The plant folds in upon itself as portions begin to brown and wilt.

    Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
    Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

    You spend most of the afternoon cleaning up the flower bed and scouring the surrounding woods for suitable flowers to replace the weeds. Jando Parr is able to assist in this task and the subsequent replanting. It takes another few hours to clean up the pool and draw up enough fresh water from the town's well to refill it. Finally, as evening approaches, you complete your efforts.

    The ghostly couple seems delighted by the restoration, commenting cheerfully about every minute detail of your work. One of the indistinct ghostly watchers speaks, "Ah, we can rest easily with that good work done. It's reassuring to know there are still helpful people here. We knew we wouldn't get any help from that strange purple woman with the long tongue. All she ever did is come by and pick through the ruins with a sour look on her face."

    The other spirit interjects as they both start to fade away, "Except when she saw the corpse of that cat; she tore into that like she hadn't eaten in months. So very desperate. Always hungry and distracted by an easy meal, I'd wager. Thanks again, friends!"

    The figures of the old couple vanish and two matching silver rings drop to the porch between the two rocking chairs with a tinkling sound.

    DC 20 Spellcraft:
    This ring is a Ring of Protection +1

    DC 16 Spellcraft:
    This ring is a Ring of Feather Falling

    Player Status:

    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)


    Hmmmm. Purple woman and long tongue. Distracted by food.
    He turns to the others.

    Can you think of a way to find food and use it to gain the advantage on this woman-thing? We will certainly meet her. Let us be prepared.

    Atium doesn't think twice about the rings that fell.
    Should there be any downtime, he wants to start working on the special stones he got- he wants to transform his next totem. A DRAKE! He will need better tools.
    Hey GEFGW. You see stone cutting tools? Chisels? Things like that?

    Atium does notice that GEFGW is doing some solid work, his knickname - Good Enough For Gnome Work, might not be suited if he continues to pull his weight like he has.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas's expression is one of sadness, "How many times will we have to face inquiet dead?"

    He looks at the rings and scoops them up before handing them off to someone more erudite.

    "Insatiable appetite? Long tongue? Hmmm" Religion: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26 "Sounds like...."


    Tessenarin takes a look at the rings.

    spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
    spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    But he has no idea.

    "So, even though this took all day, it seems as though we have finished our three tasks. However, if it is getting close to dark, I would prefer not visiting a graveyard at night, given the circumstances."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Not to say that Vanyan doesn’t help with the gardening. He does. He absolutely does. But does he do as much as the others? No. By no means. Vanyan, already a known son of a kale farmer, knows how to garden. He just doesn’t like doing it. And that just might be one of the reasons he left the Coffer and headed to Absalom: he hated gardening.

    He works slower, takes more breaks, and tends to tend poorly, in general. He is happy when the work is done, moving to the shade to reflect on this weird day where is gardening to appease spirits in the dome of the dead.

    ”Lemme look at those rings. I’ve always liked rings.”

    1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 6 = 31 Spellcraft
    1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 6 = 19 Spellcraft

    Vanyan will describe that he learns of the stuff, offering them to others.

    ”Should we head to the cemetery now? That’s the three spirits. Or we can wait for tomorrow. I can magic you up again tomorrow.”

    Ring of protection to Atium?


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe is pleased to be working in the dirt. He doesn't really do it much, though he had a meager garden at his rental back in the day. It never amounted to much but a few potatoes and the occasional tomato or cabbage. But he works hard.

    In the end, when the couple are so pleased, he smiles warmly at a job well done. He's filled with satisfaction at having helped the couple on to the next life. Still smiling, he passes on their rings, having no need of such baubles at this time.

    "Yes, let's examine the cemetery by day. I'd hate to be caught out there at night." he worries about food, but worries more about undead.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Indeed, a horrible night to have a curse."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan will follow Jando back to the honeycomb hideout, sleeping for the night with intents to hit the graveyard in full daylight.


    "Is anyone injured and require healing before we rest? I think it would be best to ensure we are fully healed. Experience shows that we often face trials when we least expect them."


    I'm a little banged up. Could use a good night's sleep or some help from a shaman.

    He looks at the ring, that is pro-offered and puts it on his pinkie finger of his dominant (Left) hand, as the other fingers have been broken and the knuckles have these calcified ridges that make having a ring always sit wrong.

    He might move it to his off hand in the future. That hand hasn't done as much punching or metal working so it's been broken fewer times.

    Atium will take the ring if no one else benefits.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Take the ring. "I can heal my own wounds before retiring for the night."


    "Well, I am no shaman, but at least I can help."

    Tessenarin sings his soft song and heals Atium.

    clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    Dark Archive

    Vinas is fairly certain this purple-skinned woman sounds like a ghoul or a ghast.

    Perception:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Aishe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

    Setting out back to Jando's blind for rest to return to the cemetery during the day. As you are crossing the northern part of town, though, Aishe and Tessenarin spot a patrol up ahead! Two cultists of the Whispering Way follow behind a scythe-wielding ghoul. They don't seem to be expecting trouble, and they haven't noticed you yet...

    The patrol is about 80 feet away. They will notice you soon unless you move away or try to hide.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan has no desire to hide. Not here, not now. He's usually pretty prickly and something in his ire was prodding him to rash action.

    He looks at Atium, offers a smug smirk, and shrugs.

    He turns his attention to the ghastly group and casts a lilting spell of fire into their midst.

    5d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 4, 5) = 17 Fireball (DC 16 reflex for half)

    "I want to burn the evil from this place. All of it."

    Full expecting evasion to ruin my fun, but VK doesn't know that, the fool.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas watches the ball of fire. "Good. I prefer a straight up fight."

    His blade drawn, he devotes a singular focus to the ghoul.


    Tessenarin lets out a loud sigh and nocks an arrow in his bow, a look of disappointment on his face.
    "should we try to incapacitate one of the cultists to question him?"


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Sure, but the ghoul's head will rest upon a pike."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan smiles as the small bead of fire leaves his hand and travels to its destination. He makes a second gesture when it arrives, giving it leave to explode in fire.

    ”You think that’s a ghoul, do you?” Vanyan looks at the foes he’s already attacked, trying to figure them out.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Know (Religion)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe silently raises his crossbow and shoots the ghoul with the bolt already in it (just a normal one). The fireball surprises him and he looks sidelong at Vanyan, "That's new." He says with some pleasure.

    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


    Now THAT's a Fire! Great work Twink making your fire puff explode instead of roll. Exclaims Atium. Referenceing the tuft of fire he's seen the being pulled out of the box in the past and used by Twink. This seemed to be an even better effect. Atium attributes the changes to the item- which must be magical, and not on a any traits a mage or wizard might have.
    He rushes in to melee with the cultists. (his action for a surprise round).

    Dark Archive

    Red Cultist DC 16 Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Green Cultist DC 16 Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
    Purple Chatar Esuri DC 16 Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    The cultists catch sight of the bead just in time as they dive to the side, completely avoiding the burst. Evasion The bead blows up right in the ghoul's face as she takes the core of the flames. She raises her scythe as it flickers with magic. "Feed your pain." She feels a crossbow bolt stab into her thigh and grunts in displeasure.

    Inflict Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6) + 7 = 14

    The undead flesh crawls back across the ghouls body as the scythe dangles on unholy symbol of Urgathoa across it. From this distance and by the reek smell Vanyan is sure this is a Ghoul.

    Scrambling back into position the pair of cultists each draw and drink a potion, vanishing from sight.

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
    Cultist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
    Chatar Esuri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

    Round 1
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-14; JoH 3)
    Cultist
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Jando


    Atium continues his move forward and brings his warhammer down into the area where the two cultists were.
    I moved myself 40 from the surprise round, and then another 40 regular move and attack this round. I hope that's okay. Adjust position if not
    He double hand attacks
    power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 PA
    damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

    Invisibility miss chance - above 50% is good. 1d100 ⇒ 48


    "I knew this wouldn't go well" Tessenarin thinks to himself. He then starts to sing his angry song making everyone's weapon glow yellow.

    +2 weapons and as a swift action they are electric for the round useable 3x per person/day.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Delaying for others. Vanyan has a few options, but will be difficult to save Atium from the just gutting he's about to earn. Double sneak attack damages + whatever the ghoul offers...too far away to do much. We'll see what others can do.

    Vanyan stares dumbly as Atium goes to get himself surrounded by foes.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 6/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe worries a bit when Atium goes rushing on ahead of the rest of the party. That boy must know what he’s doing, but it sure does look dangerous, he thinks to himself.

    He tries to even up the odds, moving up a piece and taking another shot at the ghoul. Worried, he takes careful aim, praying to Abadar for a steady hand…*
    Crossbow (touch attack): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17 (song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + (5) = 21 (song, electric)

    * Sharp Shoot (Ex): Resolve attack against touch AC when firing at a target within the first range increment.


    @ Vanyan and Aishe --Yup, I didn't see the map when I previously posted advancing on the cultists. Sort of over committed there. I wanted to draw back (as a player not Atium) but also knew Vinas was working the Ghoul..... so... uh oh.

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin begins a song as everyone's weapons glow brighter than they ever have before. Atium charges boldly forward to where the cultists where before they can get too far away. His fist swipes at the air.

    Aishe's second bolt misses the armored ghoul though Jando backs it up witha couple arrows of his own.

    Longbow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    Longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
    Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    One arrow stabs into the ghouls chest, though she doesn't seem to care too much about it.

    Round 1
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-23; JoH 3)
    Cultist
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Jando


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 1

    Vanyan moves up 30', unable to get Atium this round to help more. He looks at the ghoul, raises one eyebrow, and turns to look back at Vinas. "Remember how eager you were to speak with the dead? Looks like here's an opportunity".

    "What's a nice ghoul like you doing in a place like this?" Vanyan yells to the ghoul. "I think my brother Vinas would like some time with you."

    Avoiding hasty choices, he prays to Iomedae for help in defeating the loathsome foes. Spiritual weapon A gleaming longsword appears next to the remaining visible creature, threatening to bring the righteous justice of the goddess upon the ghoul.

    1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 3 = 17 to attack with spiritual weapon +2 from Tess?
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 force damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 0/2 used


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas rushes forward as fast as he can in his armor. Double move


    I don't think spiritual weapon will get the bonus since it's actually a spell.

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan conjures up another spiritual weapon near Chatar. Stabbing down it misses the ghoul. Aishe uses the opportunity to fire a shot at a weak point in the ghoul's armor.

    Vinas moves in a quick as he can to try and get to Atium in time. Right before his eyes the cultists are on either side of Atium, stabbing at him with daggers glinting int the thick green haze.

    Red Dagger vs Atium AC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    Green Dagger vs Atium AC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    the rest of the group is just as shocked as the cultists are as their plan didn't come to fruition. Atium was more than ready for them. Improved Uncanny Dodge saved your bacon!

    Inflict Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (8, 3) + 7 = 18

    Quite wounded the ghoul heals herself further as the long purple tongue laps out of her mouth. A trail of slobber lingering down. "Didn't think anyone survived." Her voice hisses out from behind the sharp teeth.

    Round 2
    -------------------------------------------
    Chatar Esuri (-23; JoH 3)
    Cultist
    -------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Jando


    Atium looks at the thugs popping out of sight and back in.
    He doesn't like being surrounded, so he takes a step back and tries to "capture" one of the cultists as the others said they should. He aims his warhammer at the puny green dagger.

    sunder: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12 Imp. Sunder +magic weapon. WH was already MW, so bonus is +1 more, but +2 damage.
    sunder damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
    WH is Adamantine, so it all goes through hardness, right? 10 damage would snap a dagger easily right?
    Alas, good intentions, but a fumble on the die roll. DOH!

    The warhammer is just too big. The dagger too small to target successfully.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 2

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 5/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe, surprised to see Atium still breathing, let alone in fighting form, moves up to get Vanyan out of his line of fire, and takes a shot at green.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 (song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 (song)

    Alas, his luck runs out, and he very nearly shoots Atium in the back of the head!

    2,101 to 2,150 of 2,275 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.