GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,401 to 2,450 of 3,008 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas casts a quick spell of Grace and backs out of the room as quickly as his bloodied and drained body allows!


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 1

    Vanyan backs up and sends a fireball into the room. "Iomedae, give me fire!" he recalls, focusing his will and words through his lightbox.

    6d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 1, 2, 3) = 13 fireball vs. DC 16 for half

    Lol, FFS Iomedae.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 36/39
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/F10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


    Iomadae no bring the boom-boom. LOL.

    Atium offers encouragement.
    Tess! Drop the Eagle Totem! I'll drop the Bull! Maybe if they can come alive they can fight these things!

    and Atium rips his totem from his neck and drops the chunk of wood to teh ground. Sh-a-K-A-Ra BULL!
    Not raging. His totem isn't doing anything except drop to the ground and be lost if we have to flee. As a player- my question- is the new Bronze Eagle a living creature that will get blood drained or is it more a construct?

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    @Atium- The Bronze Griffon if summoned would be a living creature and have it's blood drained. The creature reverts to a figurine if killed. Although it can be healed while in creature form, the creature otherwise regains all its Hit Points 24 hours after its most recent activation. Therefore, if the creature is killed and reverts to figurine form, it can’t transform again for 24 hours.

    Vinas gets out of dodge as Vanyan quickly finds out the gods are not even looking down upon Roslar's Coffer.

    Red Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Green Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Yellow Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Each of the mists seem to get injured from the flames as the room gets engulfed. Shrieking back they seem quite vulnerable to the fire.

    Round 1
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Mists (Dungeoneering to ID) (Red -3)(Green -21)(Yellow -15)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Aishe (40/40)
    Vinas (47/51; 5 con damage; Bleed 4 Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (64/68; Raging 76/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Tessenarin starts singing, hoping this will help defeat the mists. He then moves back some hoping not to be the first person the mists see if they enter the room.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Tessenarin steps back and begins singing, causing everyone's weapons to glow brighter with magical energy. Assuming you are doing the +2 weapon enhancement?

    The mists flow into the room, engaging their fearful meal on wheels. AoO on green due to movement from Atium and Vinas.

    Red Touch vs Vinas Tch AC 13; Magic circle vs evil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 2
    Crit Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 1

    Green Touch vs Vinas Tch AC 13; magic circle vs evil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 3

    Yellow Touch vs Atium Tch AC 16; magic circle vs evil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 1

    The mists claw their way through Vinas as they smell the great amount of blood and begin siphoning it into themselves.

    Red Blood Siphon (Heal): 1d8 ⇒ 3

    @Vinas- Have not calculated Green's damage into the stats below as I am waiting to see if your AoO's kill it first.

    Round 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Mists (Dungeoneering to ID) (Red )(Green -21)(Yellow -15)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Aishe (40/40)
    Vinas (31/39; 8 con damage; Bleed 4 Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (60/68; Raging 72/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 2

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 +9 temp | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = Song
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 8/12 (2 misses)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 0/1 (1/24h)

    Hemmed in now and unable to retreat Aishe takes a shot at green if it's still up, then yellow (provoking from green sadly). He is hoping that Tessenarin’s song makes up the difference. He also pops the Greater Heroism as an immediate action to lend assistance to his attacks.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 6 = 31 (song, heroism) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17 (song)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 6 = 26 (song, heroism) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 (song)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan backs up (provoking from green only) and tries again with the fires. "Vinas! Mind your feet!" Vanyan tries again to burn away the bad things.

    5d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4, 1) = 11 burning hands vs. DC 14 for half

    Might catch Vinas, but he might 5' step out of the way too.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 36/39
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/F10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas quickly being drained of life, swings for all he's worth.
    He knows he can stop the bleeding if he gets a second.
    He just needs a second. AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

    "Vanyan, do it! Whatever it is, do it!"


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Want to see AoO result before committing to turn.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Atium AoO Adamantine Hammer; PA: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8

    Atium's hands shake as he misses the red mist in his efforts to help bring it down. That means Vinas took the damage above from green then.

    Green Blood Siphon (Heal): 1d8 ⇒ 4

    Seeing it close in to a deadly distance Aishe pops off two bolts into the mass.

    AoO Touch vs Aishe AC Tch 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
    Blood Siphon (Con Damage): 1d3 ⇒ 2
    Green Blood Siphon (Heal): 1d8 ⇒ 5

    Aishe's bolts tear through the mass. It quivers, gives a small pop and spills to the ground in a mass of congealed blood. Vanyan scuttles back and sends flames into Vinas and the remaining two blobs.

    Red Reflex DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Yellow Reflex DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    Need a save from Vinas for the burning hands as well.

    Round 2
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Mists (Dungeoneering to ID) (Red -7)(Yellow -22)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 6)
    Vinas (25/33; 11 con damage; Bleed 4 Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)

    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (60/68; Raging 72/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • REF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Vinas finally has a moment to catch his breath and swiftly heals some of his own wounds, stopping the bleeding. LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

    He then swings his longsword in an X pattern at the mist before him, hoping to break it apart Targeting yellow until it drops

    ATk \: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20 for DMG if hit: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
    ATK /: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18 for DMG if hit: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11


    How do we defeat these things? These things are impossible to hit!

    Even while admitting the difficulty, he make an attempt. He needs to be a central target the others are in rougher shape.

    He steps forward to be more "in the thick of the mist".

    attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 31 magic plus flank.
    damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11


    Waiting to see what is still up

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vinas stops his bleeding, gripping his sword in weakened hands he splits the second mist apart, splattering blood against the rock and loose stone.

    Atium leaps in to put himself in harms way rather than Vinas as the man looks paler and paler with each heartbeat. Atium's hammer crashes through, doing severe damage as the mist dissipates.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (34/34; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 6)
    Vinas (29/33; 11 con damage; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (60/68; Raging 72/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Iomedae's grace! I saw our return to the Yard for a moment."

    I'm in a bad sort now. If we have time I'll use up some LoH and even cast lesser restoration.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Tessenarin grabs Vinas gently by the shoulders.

    "You cannot continue in this condition. Look at you. You look... closer to death than life. We cannot have one member in our party so grievously wounded and continue on. I wish we had a scout, to see what is ahead, but we need you healed before we continue on. Vanyan, are you able to assist him at all? I can heal some wounds if necessary."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 +3 temp (-2 con included) | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -2 con damage
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 8/12 (2 misses)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 0/1 (1/24h)

    Aishe quickly lays hands on himself to stop the bleeding and looks to help the others, though there’s little he can do but keep an eye out for more.

    ”Ugh.”


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan shakes head, able to do something, but not much more than Vinas can do for himself. ”You know my healing powers are limited,” he clarifies. ”I can do what he does for himself, but not much more. I cannot even fix my own weakened limbs.” He moves over to Vinas.

    Not sure why you don’t think we have time, Vinas. Who or what do you think is rushing us?

    ”Stand aside. Let me see what I can do,” Vanyan grips his lightbox and begins to intone the words that will hopefully restore some of Vinas’ lost vim and vigor.

    1d4 ⇒ 4 lesser restoration (con)

    Vanyan steps back to see if his magics had positive effect.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • That's my PF2 starting to bleed in. I don't feel rushed.

    Vinas takes some time to heal himself a bit more, but also casts a complex spell to replenish his lost blood.
    LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
    LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
    Lesser Restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    Con of 3, back up to 10. Four more to go!


    "Vinas, do you feel well enough to continue, or do you think we should wait longer until you have fully recovered? Atium looks a bit worse for wear as well."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Assuming the magics have had their desired effects, and after others have healed as necessary (14/24 charges left on wand), Vanyan will follow others into the mists room to look for things of interest.

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Perception (w/Detect Magic)

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Aishe quickly ends his bleeding as Vinas and Vanyan work on getting him a bit to drink. After a few moments (10 minutes) Vinas begins to get a little color back into his skin.

    Once Vinas is able to stand on his own feet once again Vanyan looks around the room for anything useful. The trio of vampiric mists seemed to be just as trapped down here as you were.

    The room directly south looks to be the family gallery. Four narrow stone pillars stand against the western wall here. One holds a marble bust of a haughty human woman, while the others are surrounded by dozens of large chunks of broken statuary. A set of stone stairs descends to the east, while a simple stone door exits to the north.

    This chamber used to hold busts of Ervin Roslar and his immediate family, but three of them have been smashed. The only one that remains is of Roslar’s mother, Emmillisa. Tarnished metal plaques at the top of each pillar once stated the names of the Roslar family, but they have long since been scratched out.

    Lying within the marble chunks Vanyan finds a stone tile several inches across with a stylized heart carved into one side. This tile looks like a piece from the floor puzzle in Roslar’s Tomb in the Boneyard.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (34/34; 2 Con Dam)
    Vinas (36/57; 3 Con damage; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (60/68; Raging 72/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Post eaten up earlier. reporting now. Vanyan please mark off a charge fromwand.
    He grabs the wand of cure and draws on a charge to stop the bleeding.
    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    I am startled that we defeated those things. Especially without one of us dying. It was very touch and go there. Twink, your fire bombs and the arrows from Aishe were true to their mark.

    Atium reaches down and picks up his Bull totem and reattaches the cord around his neck.
    I will take the very front. Vinas really got hurt and should take it easy for a bit. I am feeling okay, not great, but hearty enough to lead the vanguard.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "I'd like a bit more care to my wounds before continuing." He nods to Atium, asking for the wand. CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 2 = 15 Two charges

    Vinas still stands close to Atium as the party moves on. Before leaving though he picks up and stows the tile.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    -3 charges, 11/24 left.

    Vanyan is relieved to see his companions regain most of their strength. That was a rough fight, and while he's fairly pleased that he was able to contribute with fire this time, he was, for a moment, truly worried about Vinas. The young man still seems a bit of an enigma to him, even after all this time. So the best he could do was share his magics to help him recover a little.

    He pauses to ponder the little tile. "Are these the same tiles as before, Vinas?," he asks the young warrior.

    When others are ready, he will continue exploring the room and where it may lead, carefully examining the statues in particular before moving on.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "I think it may be. I'm not convinced we won't have another puzzle." He joins Vanyan's search.


    Is there any historical knowledge to roll here?

    Tessenarin will keep an eye out for trouble while others search the room.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe moves up carefully, keeping his crossbow level and ready to shoot. Of course, he's careful not to shoot his allies in the back accidentally...

    "We'll want to make sure we have some energy left for the folks on the other side of all this too remember. So be safe up there." he suggests to the front line as he follows.


    Atium looks at the stone tile. Now if that were a gem, I'd be able to do something with it. Being some mosaic thing, I don't know what it's all about.
    He takes a pause. Pulling out a smooth Citrine Chip
    That reminds me, anyone want to sell me some of their stones? There were once 18 of them, and I used 3 to make my Raven Totem. I think they have special things about them, when I spoke with The Raven, I think Aydie imparted some of her wisdom or The Deathbower did something to them. The three I used and this extra one (holding in his hand) is all I have of the 18. I would like more if they are not useful to others here.


    "Well, I do not think we have anywhere to sell them now, Atium. But should we find ourselves in the appropriate place, I think we should indeed do that."


    No Tess, don't give these Citrine's to anyone else. You want gold for them? I will give you gold right now to buy your share of the 18 citrines. I think I have some stuff we found. What is a good exchange do you think?

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    @Tessenarin- Nope.

    Atium gathers up a few more citrines for carving the group heads down the steps further into the Tomb. This rectangular room lies at the bottom of a staircase to the west and at the end of hallway that leads northwest. The south wall hosts the remnants of an elaborate carving, much of which has been chipped away. The only parts still discernable are an arm holding a thin sword, and a metal boot. In addition, a few words above the image read, “... the Red Crusader,” but what comes before is unreadable.

    DC 15 Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (religion):
    You recognize the title of “Red Crusader” as being attributed to Arazni before she was killed, stolen away, and turned into a lich to become the de facto ruler of the nation of Geb.

    A small alcove in the western wall interrupts this hallway as it runs from northwest to southeast. Several stone shelves line the walls of the nook, holding moldering sacks and boxes. This alcove was used to store cleaning supplies, such as brushes, rags, and buckets, but they have all disintegrated over the many years. Only a strange, lingering odor of cleaning supplies hints at the alcove’s former contents.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (34/34; 2 Con Dam)
    Vinas (51/57; 3 Con damage; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 "Doesn't look like there's much here. Vanyan, anything magical?" Vinas will still poke around before moving on Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Map updated.


    knowledge history: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

    "Interesting. This was likely a statue of Arazni. That title was hers before she became a lich."

    "No, Atium, I do not need money right now. I thought you were suggesting selling them. Which way now?"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Know (Religion)

    ”I think Tess has the meat of it. But yeah, poor Arazni. She’s had some experiences. I wonder if she’d be smiling at us or against us right now. Not sure who or what she is now.”

    Casting Detect Magic, Vanyan will examine what Vinas points out. He will look as well, then be ready to move on.

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Perception


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe frowns at Tessenarin's learning, "There's a lich down here?" Uneasy about this new development, he considers changing out his bolts but he doesn't have many of the good silvered ones. Best keep those until she shows herself.

    With more unease and disbelief in their chances than before, he follows Vinas to their almost certain death.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Atium furrows his brow, A lick? That doesn't sound so bad. But what is a lick?
    I am afraid of the world wounders. The Breakers of the Crust. Those sorcerers and people in the robes with stars on them. Those are the *truly* powerful people.

    Atium isn't fretting over titles like Red Crusader and Arazni and lich. Those don't set off any alarms in his mind. Not having any fear, he again moves forward to explore more and protect the others from the obvious undead in the upcoming rooms.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Finding no magical auras or anything else of use in the chambers Atium pushes forward looking for some licks.

    Two corridors lead out of this marble-walled chamber to the north and south. A colorful image of an armored knight riding a horse into battle against a throng of undead creatures is carved into the eastern wall. Time has not affected this bas-relief, which looks as vibrant as the day it was made. A massive pile of rubble blocks off the remainder of the chamber to the west.

    This particular image has been spared the ravages of time thanks to a minor enchantment placed on it by a wizard hired by the tomb’s builders. It was one of the first murals created in the crypt; the other carvings were supposed to receive the same enchantment, but when Roslar was disgraced, the architects didn’t have the wizard return.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe admires the art on the wall briefly, but doesn't linger. He keeps up with the front line, ever vigilant for more undead. He's particularly uneasy about the rubble, fully expecting undead to come climbing out from among the rocks.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Perception checks:

    Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23
    Vinas: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Skeleton: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    As Aishe admires the carving, a skeletal carcass pulls itself from the rubble, its body formed as much from earth and soil as from bones and rotting flesh. It raises its hands, and the stone floor beneath the feet of the rest of the party turns to mud! The ground around the monster ripples and shifts unnaturally. DC 18 Knowledge Religion to ID.

    @Everyone-DC 20 Reflex save or be affected by transmute rock to mud

    Surprise Round
    Aishe
    Tessenarin
    Vanyan


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: Surprise

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 +3 temp (-2 con included) | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -2 con damage
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 8/12 (2 misses)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 0/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 0/1 (1/24h)

    (The greater heroism lasts 9 minutes I think, and I popped it during the last fight. If it’s still going, +4 to the below…)

    Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 vs DC 20 or be sucked in

    Aishe reacts quickly and manages to stay above the muck - but only just. He takes a 5’ step back and away (if he can, not sure about footing), as he lets loose a bolt at the creature!

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 = 29 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16 (point blank)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round Surprise

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Know (religion)

    "What in the magic of elderfarts?" Vanyan looks down at his feet and ground in confusion. "This...what?"

    1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

    Vanyan, sinking quickly, casts Levitate so that he might rise out of the muck next round.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 36/39
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/F10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


    knowledge religion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
    reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    He takes a shot at the creature with his bow.

    longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Tessenarin and Vanyan recognize the undead skeleton as a Guecubu. Guecubus resist piercing and slashing weapons, as well as cold. They are immune to electricity. Their attacks curse victims with misfortune and are able to heal quite fast. They are also able to shape the earth around themselves.

    Guecubu:

    Often when a particularly evil criminal is executed, suspicious folk fear that the criminal’s remains might rise from death to continue to plague the living. To combat this possibility, many mobs or rural justices take to the practice of burning the bodies, grinding the bones, and scattering the remains in the wild. Yet in the case of particularly evil criminals, even these steps are in vain, for their will is enough to reassemble a body from earth, stone, roots, and plants drawn from the region into which the remains were scattered. Such an undead horror rises as a guecubu, a harbinger of misfortune and vengeance from beyond the grave.

    A newly formed guecubu remembers well how its enemies treated it, and while the undead creature retains none of its previous life’s talents, its undead state grants it many new tools to seek revenge with. Typically, a guecubu does not limit its revenge to those directly involved with its execution—entire villages and towns fall victim to its rage. The guecubu’s tactics tend toward the subtle, and it seeks to spread misfortune and death on a person-by-person basis, slaying its enemies one at a time until they flee, so that all that remains is a ghost town.

    A guecubu is 6 feet tall and weighs 100 pounds.

    Vanyan begins to sink before he pulls himself out of the mud with magic. Aishe and Tessenarin get lucky as they are able to find solid footing for now. Aishe breaks through a bit of the outer layer with his bolt as it cracks through bones.

    The dirt and mud begins to pull the bones back together as it mends the injury. fast healing The Guecubu lumbers from the rocks, the ground breaking all around it making it difficult to walk through, though it doesn't seem to slow the skeleton. Broken ground for 30 feet aura around it, but Atium's magic circle against evil negates what is in that 10 foot radius. If you are outside Atium's radius then it is difficult terrain.

    Bite vs Aishe AC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
    Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 + Misfortune
    @Aishe- Dc 20 Will save or become permanently cursed with Misfortune. The victim of this curse takes a -4 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, and any critical threat against the victim automatically confirms.

    Aishe feels the skeleton bite him on his arm as a chunk of bloody meat tears free.

    Round 1
    -------------------------------------
    Guecubu (-6)
    -------------------------------------
    Aishe (21/34; 2 Con Dam)
    Atium (68/68; Raging 80/80; 2 Con Dam; Bleed 4; Magic Circle vs Evil; Barkskin +3)
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Vanyan (36/39; 13 Temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Vinas (51/57; 3 Con damage; Barkskin +3)


    Atium steps up. Knowing his adamantine warhammer is JUST the thing needed to break this undead behemoth.

    Atium moves toward the enemy and with two hands on his hefty warhammer, he invokes the bull
    Shakra Bull! For Bull beats Horse!

    attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

    attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Second attack.
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

    GM:
    Where Atium was originally on the map, he was only a 5 foot step from enemy. If you view that he was farthur, disregard second attack. Rage at 7/17. AC 22. with Barkskin and Magic Circle.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 1

    Vanyan rises out of the muck, and uses the wall to crawl himself above Vinas, levitating in the air.

    "Hey! YOU! Get away from Aishe!?" Vanyan demands with little to back it up.

    C'mon Vanyan. You got to do something. C'mon...Aishe needs you. He stares down at his lightbox, willing to try something that he hasn't tried before...but that he heard other Pathfinders do.

    He looks at Aishe and wills the man to be elsewhere, someplace slightly safer. Moving Aishe on map, via Jester's Jaunt, to where he is now.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 36/39
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/F10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 21/34 +3 temp (-2 con included) | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -2 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm)
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 8/12 (2 misses)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 8/8
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Ranger Focus (+2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 0/1 (d6)
    Greater Heroism (9, immediate) = 0/1 (1/24h)

    (The greater heroism lasts 9 minutes I think, and I popped it during the last fight. If it’s still going, +4 to the below…)

    Willpower: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs DC 20 or be screwed… sigh. No bottlecap either.

    Aishe seems to settle just a little. A little slump, a little slower, a little less brisk. Nevertheless, he nods to Vanyan in thanks for the repositioning, and takes his shots against this fiend.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 3 = 22 (point blank, curse) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12 (point blank)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 3 = 21 (point blank, curse) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 (point blank)

    He digs in and tries his best for god and country.


    Tessenarin begins to sing again, enhancing weapons so they are +2 (max, so if it's a +1 weapon, only +2 as a reminder).

    He then moves into the room.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas levels his blade, his eyes, and his will on the undead horror.
    With faith and conviction he declares Iomedae's will, to smite such evil.

    He takes a long way, not quite enough to flank, but enough to make swing.

    [ooc]Smite, Bardic
    ATK: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 18

    2,401 to 2,450 of 3,008 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.