GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
BottleCaps: Aishe (1); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (1)


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,277 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

@Tess- Your bottom left side. So SW square from you.


Tessenarin takes a 5 ft step back from the attack and begins to sing a song that sounds a lot like "Boots and pants" as he casts Glitterdust into the 4 squares in front of him, covering anything in the area in sparkles and glitter.

fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan delays to see if Tess’s spell works some magic, giving him sight of the once invisible form.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Know (Nature)

If he recognizes the outline, he will state what he knows.

Dark Archive

Tessenarin shakes off the poison as he stumbles back from the stabbing wound. Reaching his hand into the air he tosses glitter over the area. While the brightness of the room isn't enough to reveal it completely. It does reveal the outline of a small fluttering humanoid with bulging eyes.

From everything he is seeing Vanyan determines that this is a Lurker in Light. They are completely invisible in areas of bright light, immune to blindness and resistant to all weapons unless forged with cold iron.

Round 1
Vanyan (33/33)
Tessenarin (23/33)
Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
-----------------------------------------
Lurker in Light
-----------------------------------------
Vinas (38/53)
Jando
Aishe (17/34)


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Round 1

GM Tyranius wrote:

The interior of the schoolhouse is brightly lit due to the glow of the capering childlike spirits within. The ghostly children fill the room as they laugh and leap from desk to desk as if the floor were lava.

Vanyan believes they all appear to be ghosts, about 16 total.

GM Tyranius wrote:
Aishe's stern tone has little effect, as one of the children stops playing and sits down. Her glow diminishes, and the room starts to get darker. It only lasts for a moment as her friends grab her hands and pull her back into the fun, skipping along the desktops.

Vanyan’s eyes flick from the Lurker to the glowing children to the chairs. His mind traces each cause and effect, registering quickly on the problem: this is a new school building from the one he once learnt in. He guesses that the old building, *his* old building has been destroyed in the same orc raids that kilt his parents.

Damnit. I didn’t want to remember that just yet.

He lifts his eyes to the Lurker, wanting to blame it for the unpleasant realizations that hit him.

”Aishe, Vinas? Can you get these children to sit? Might make this go easier,” Vanyan sighs, thinking. He turns to the ghostly children, a shallow charismatic pool from which to draw.

”Uh, children? CHILDREN! If you sit, I will tell you the story of Roslar! Roslar of Roslar Coffer! And no, not the usual story that tell around here...but the *real* story, with *real* trouble, and *real* insidious love...”

If some children sit, he will orate.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Know (History)

Vanstats:

hp: 33/33
AC: 16/14/12
Saves: F4/R5/F9

Eyes: bugged
Smite: unused
Panache: not enough
Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
PoP 2: 0/1 used
GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


Aha! Something to attack!

children don't sit:

He's not certain why, but he was thinking about being a bully. Bullies always throw their weight around.
My name's Atium and I want all you kid's lunch copper pieces. The 5 kids who gives me the best desert or most copper won't get punched in the stomach! Two for flinching!

intimidate children: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


children do sit down calmly:

Atium sees that the schoolchildren are being handled by Twink.
He sees an enemy, and he wants to bash it.
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 PA not raging.
damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

Redoing action.

Realizing that his brilliant teaching isn’t going to get through to these unruly children until they calm down, he tries a different way to thwart the backstabbing fey...while trying to reduce the distractions of the children.

He casts Fog Cloud, centered on himself.

Concealment for all, sorry Aishe. Better than backstab.

Dark Archive

Vanyan releases a cloud of fog upon the room that only seems to excite the children further.

"Oooh!"

"Marko?"

"Polo!" The children continue to play a game as even more play tag.

Atium tries to intimidate some of the kids into calming down and taking a seat but he can't seem to yell over the raucous of their playing.

@Atium- Your intimidate was good, just too low. Can use Diplomacy, Intimidate or Perform to get some of the children to calm down and take a seat.

The Lurker stabs out at Aishe before flying off to play it's own game of tag as it does a fly-by attack.

Dagger vs Aishe AC FF 12: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 87

The lurker misses Aishe as the fog obscures it's view momentarily. Meanwhile Vanyan feels a sharp stab in his ribs from another invisible foe.

Dagger vs Vanyan AC FF 14; Invisible: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 66
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + Poison
Sneak Attack Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16
DC 17 Fort save vs Poison. Failure is 1 str drain

Round 2
Vanyan (14/33)
Tessenarin (23/33)
Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

-----------------------------------------
Lurker in Light
-----------------------------------------
Vinas (38/53)
Jando
Aishe (17/34)


Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "We've traded one hellscape for another!" Vinas does an end around past the desk to flank. Shield ready and blade high he swings at the the macabre creature:

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Fort

    ”Use the coldest of irons,” Vanyan warns the party as he spins to face his attacker in the fog. He rubs his back, the damage done.

    Full turn to come.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 17/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6 (loaded)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    ”Hey now, I think that was my spleen.”
    Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 vs DC 17 or 1 str drain

    A cold iron bolt already loaded, Aishe almost can’t help himself and he very nearly shoots anyway. If it weren’t for the poison still cooking in his veins, he’d consider it.

    Instead he backs away into the fog (5’ step) and tries to calm the children. ”OK, now look here. You need to sit in your seats and listen to this nice man talk about history. I’m sure it won’t be boring.” he says seriously.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

    (No problem Vanyan. If it’s only invisible in areas of bright light, the fog will make the other one visible too I think - an added bonus.)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan 5’ steps back from the Lurker, trying to watch his back in the fog.

    ”You like lightning, do you? Well maybe...maybe this will keep you lit up!” Vanyan guffs back, not liking being backstabbed. He lifts his lightbox and begins to utter words of primal calling. He points his finger upward into the fog, then drags his finger down to point where the Lurker is.

    A jagged column of lightning follows his finger. Call Lightning, DC 18 Reflex for half. 1/5 used.

    3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10 Lightning damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 30/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Atium ays, Probably shouldn't have said "two for flinching". They probably thought that was funny instead of intimidating.
    Where is this Lurker thing?

    Seeing a blast from Vanyan - Atium moves to the area. Attacking if he can.
    attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 PA
    damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 47 high is a hit.

    Dark Archive

    @Aishe- 2nd one is currently not in the fog.

    Vinas Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 70

    Vinas moves through the fog with ease and has little trouble locating the lurker thanks to Tessenarin's glitter. Jando tries to gather the kids as he screams at them. "Sit down. NOW!"

    Intiimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    The ghostly children stick their tongues out at the half-orc and keep playing. Aishe draws one of the kids attention as the little ghost bastard moon's him.

    Vanyan shocks and awes as the ghosts go still for a second while a sharp crackling builds in the room and a bolt of lightning cascades down into the fey. "Do it again Mister!"

    The fog is seemingly causes issues for all in the room as Atiums swings his blade at Vinas, having difficulty telling friend from foe within.

    Round 2
    Vanyan (30/33)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -12
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (38/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    KNowing he can't see the lurker if he moves too far away, Tessenarin draws his axe and attacks the visible one.

    greataxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 74 low is miss

    damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin moves around the desks, drawing his axe. Chopping it down the axe splits one of the desks apart, splinters cover the floor. The wounded Lurker withdraws, skimming around the edges of the fog as Vanyan feels another poke coming from just outside the fog cloud.

    Dagger vs Vanyan AC FF 14; Invisible: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
    Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 73
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 + Poison
    DC 17 Fort save vs Poison. Failure is 1 str drain

    Round 3
    Vanyan (26/33)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -12
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (38/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2
    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 Fort save

    With his strength flagging, Vanyan 5’ steps into the fog and sends a jagged splinter of lightning into the square from which the attack started.

    Call Lightning, DC 18 Reflex for half. 2/5 used.

    3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11 Lightning damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 26/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Tessenarin, thinking the group needs some help, begins to sign his angry song.Everyone's weapons begin to glow! Everyone now has a +2 magic weapon

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan feels the poison go through his body as it blackens around the wound. Vanyan sends a bolt of lightning into the area he was attacked. It scorches the classroom area and doesn't seem to hit what was there. It did a fly by attack so long gone.

    Tessenarin begins a song that some of the kids begin to clap to. One even takes his seat to watch the lightning and angry song as the light in the room dims by a tiny amount. It would definitely take a few more kids sitting to dim the room enough to see the remaining Lurker.

    Round 3
    Vanyan (26/33; 1 str drain; poisoned)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -12
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (38/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Ah! Bah! Also, ow. Fly by attack too? Oof.

    I'll keep the same action/rolls, but as a ready to blast the square from which the next attack comes that he can see.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 2

    Status:
    HP: 17/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6 (loaded)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe moves through the fog to a better vantage for possible future attacks, and continues to try and reason with the children. His general calm nature is broken by the small creatures however, and so he has trouble focusing. ”Now look here little things, you’ll sit in your desks, and get, ah, treats. Yes, treats, that’s it. Sit in your desks and I’ll give each of you a golden treat!”

    He jingles his coin purse, hoping the children think it’s more than just coins.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


    Not seeing any enemies to swing at, it's time for good constable and bad constable.
    If they do this right, they could be a lethal weapon.
    Aishe is a nice, mild mannered Murtaugh and Atium can play the role of a riotous, off his rocker Riggs.

    Kids, your recess is OVER! They call me The Bull, and if you mess with the bull, you'll get the horns!

    intimidate: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 = 19 Size difference!
    I read the Intimidate rules and I HAVE to have a one step size difference on these ghost kids. Right? If not, please take off the +4 bonus.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas looks about trying to lay eyes on a foe. He holds his shield up, blade at the ready.

    Can you ready a partial charge? Edition creep is muddling my mind. If yes, then I'll charge the first I see. If no, then I'll ready to attack the one within threatened range.

    Dark Archive

    @Vinas- Nope, charge is a full round action so you wouldn't be able to ready it.

    Vinas readies himself for any one of those lurking bastards to come within range of him. Jando moves inot the fog, getting his back close by the others as he helps Atium. Together they are able to get another ghost kid to take a seat. The bright lights dim even further.

    Aishe tries for a more diplomatic approach, but the ghosts only laugh at him. "Treats? Don't you know we are dead. Ghosts can't have treats!" They almost seem to taunt him.

    Dagger vs Vanyan AC FF 14; Invisible: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
    Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 3
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Vanyan feels anothe pinprick, though this time he is ready for it and casts a spell to bring lightning down to the ground.

    Vanyan's hand takes another knifepoint but he maintains his spell and something is definitely fried in the space before quickly taking off again. He satisfactorily hears a screech of pain that heads to the east.

    Green Invisible Reflex DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

    The visible lurker darts back into the fog at Vinas and meets his blade.

    Vinas ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    The blade doesn't seem to hurt the little fey in the slightest as it darts back out of the fog cloud.

    Dagger vs Vinas AC 21: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
    Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 23
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    @Vanyan- continue to make poison saves it lasts for 6 rounds and each failure is 1d3 str damage.

    Round 4
    Vanyan (24/33; 1 str drain; poisoned)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -12) (Green -5)
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (36/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 17/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6 (loaded)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Seeing as he’s not getting anywhere with the children, Aishe readies to help against the invisible opposition. He’s not willing to leave the fog to go get the one visible one, so he readies an attack to hound any opponent who comes within reach with the butt-end of his crossbow!*

    Readied Attack:

    Crossbow Butt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Free CMB to knock prone: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Miss (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 59
    - - -

    * Pistol-Whip (Ex) Melee attack with the butt or handle of a crossbow and free trip as a standard action.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Lol. Just checked my charsheet...the longspear that Vanyan gave Jando is cold iron. You could borrow that. If not that, Vinas, Vanyan has a cold iron dagger should you wish to use that.

    1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Fort
    1d3 ⇒ 3 Strength Ha!

    Full turn to come.

    Dark Archive

    @Vanyan DC for the poison was 17 so you are good and cured. No strength damage.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 3

    Having fought off the initial hit of poison, Vanyan readies again to blast a Lurker when they attack again.

    Call Lightning, DC 18 Reflex for half. 3/5 used.

    3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10 Lightning damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 24/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Hearing from some of the children that they know they are dead, Atium takes to convincing more kids to behave.

    Listen you snot nosed kids. We've got stuff to handle, and you jumping around like cricket-frogs just isn't cutting it. So, sit down and put two hands on the table until a teacher tells you to speak!

    intimidate: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 = 19 size bonus.


    Tessenarin continues his song and turns to the children. While singing he works his lyrics into words about children sitting down and behaving and learning, pulling some story from history about obedient children, trying to get them to all sit down.

    perform: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

    If this doesn't work, but I could use diplomacy, I'll change the roll.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas moves over to Yanyan and draws the dagger from its sheath. "Thanks brother. Let us see them shake this off!" Move and draw Vanyan's weapon.

    Dark Archive

    Perform works Tessenarin, your roll just wasn't a success.

    Vinas moves to Vanyan and draws the cold iron dagger from his sheath as Jando helps scare some of the kids into complying. Another child finds his seat as the room is nearly dimmed down to normal lighting. Seeing progress Tessenarin tries to sing the kids a song. They begin clapping along, but this only makes them play faster and harder than before.

    Aishe and Vanyan ready themselves. As the visible lurker attacks it is struck over the head with with the butt of Aishe's crossbow. the small fey crashes to the floor. Vanyan watches and waits for the invisible fey to attack him once more. Though it doesn't it must be moving and plotting.

    Round 5
    Vanyan (24/33; 1 str drain; poisoned)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -15; prone) (Green -5)
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (36/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Do we get the impression that additional effort to placate the ghost children will help?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Nice work Aishe! Git it while it’s visible and down!

    Round 4

    Vanyan maintains his ready should he (or anyone nearby) get attacked again by the invisible Lurker, leaving the glittery one for the party.

    Call Lightning, DC 18 Reflex for half. 3/5 used.

    3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) = 9 Lightning damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 24/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Having failed at perform, Tessenarin tries a little diplomacy.

    "Children, things will be more exciting if you sit. Vanyan is a PATHFINDER and he will tell you fantastic tales if you'll sit and listen to him."

    diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

    He also continues to sing for another round.


    With Tess working on the children,Atium doesn't want to have to shout over him or over the music he is invoking.
    I spy with my little eye an enemy that I can WHACK!
    Atium move and lets loose with the adamantine warhammer.
    PA attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22 Tess's +2 magic weapon
    damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 PA and magic

    Dark Archive

    @Vinas- Yes, you do. WIth each child that calms down and takes a seat the room becomes dimmer and dimmer.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Eschewing the blade for now, Vinas changes his voice to a calmer timbre.
    "Children! Focus on my words and hear me. I promise that by the end of this lecture your minds will be full of wonderment, with stories to picture, and tales to teach. You'll escape whatever troubles you and find yourself in a land of imagination. I just need you to sit. Please." Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 5

    Status:
    HP: 17/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 5/6 (loaded)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Unsure what to do, but not seeing folks pile on the downed creature as he’d hoped, he takes a chance himself to try and fight. Aishe shoots the poor critter, provoking as he does so, relying on the prone nature of the opponent to save him.
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 3 = 7 (point blank, prone) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11 (point blank)
    Miss (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 2

    Dark Archive

    Vinas and Tessenarin get three more kids to sit down and the room dims enough as the shape of the second Lurker shows within the room. it looks caught red handed as it is reapplying poison in the corner of the room.

    Jando closes in on the now fully seen fey and he jabs the cold iron spear at it.

    CI Long Spear: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
    Fog Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 5
    Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9
    Crit Damage: 2d8 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 + 4 = 14

    The fey shrieks loudly as the cold iron stabs into it's chest.

    Atium Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 83

    Atium's warhammer smashes down on the prone fey, though looking back in the fog Atium seems to have missed as the fog played tricks on his eyes. It lands near Aishe's bolt as it passes through an undead child and stics into the desk. The undead child grabs it's chest feigning a second death as he slumps over giggling.

    Vanyan maintains another bolt of lightning for the attacking fey as the prone and injured Lurker rises to it's feet once more. Provoke from Atium. It slashes its dagger at Atium looking to flee for more breathing room as it backs away. Another AoO if you have multiple.

    The second lurker in light stabs at Jando with it's now poisoned blade.

    Dagger vs Vinas AC 21: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
    Miss chance; low is good: 1d100 ⇒ 93

    Jando defends himself by moving deeper into the fog.

    Round 6
    Vanyan (24/33; 1 str drain)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

    -----------------------------------------
    Lurker in Light (Red -18) (Green -28)
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (36/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 5

    Vanyan casts Lightning at red.

    Call Lightning, DC 18 Reflex for half. 4/5 used.

    3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3) = 5 Lightning damage

    Vanstats:

    hp: 24/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 6

    Status:
    HP: 17/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 8/8
    Cold Iron Bolts = 4/6 (loaded)(1 miss)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe moves out of the fog, and lines up a fey in his sights, glad for a clear shot. He hopes others will join him and stop playing with the children - though he’s glad the room isn’t so bright…

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13 (point blank)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas hustles out to join Jando! Double move.


    AOO
    AoO: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
    damage: 1d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13
    miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 36 High is good.

    Atium springs on the foe.

    Dark Archive

    With the fey exposed and crippled by the fog, they quickly fall to the might of the the companion's blades.

    With the fey's defeat, the rest of the ghostly children calm down and take their seats. They look expectantly up at you. "What are we going to learn today, teachers?" one says.

    Knowledge (arcana or religion) DC 20:

    The day’s lessons are a piece of unfinished business tethering these spirits to this location. You will need to complete the lessons to return this fragment to the loci spirit in the cemetery.

    To teach the children, you must collectively attempt six Knowledge checks, although related skills such as Linguistics or Profession (tutor) can be used instead. Anyone who attempted to intimidate the children earlier takes a –2 penalty on all teaching checks, as the children think that character is mean. The children bore easily, and subsequent uses of the same skill, even if made by a different character, take a –5 penalty.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Know (Arcane)

    Vanyan starts off, trying to educate the students as best he can on the basic nature of magic. He explains the types he believes will be most important in the future, as well as explaining some adaptations that will happen in a few years.

    "...and so the four sources of magic are arcane, divine, primal, and occult, though though serious professionals understand and believe in the genius of my categorization system. But mark my words, in a few years, everyone will be using it. But I said it first. Here and now."

    Vanyan cedes the floor so that another might speak for a bit while he searches for his next topic.


    Hey GEFGW! Get over here, I need to show these kids the importance of a good sword. First, I need to show then your blade. So they can know what NOT to do. And how I'm fixing it.

    He takes the half Orc's long sword that Atium is still working on getting back to a repaired status.
    See, this has rivets at the top. If you look, I took off the silly rivet at the base and reinforced it with Molt using a cast.

    teach the snot nosed punks: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 = 9 minus for intimidate.
    Hey you! Pay attention, or else you'll grow up and...and...
    Atium realizes he's talking with ghosts and his teaching falls apart.


    knowledge history: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

    Tessenarin starts to talk about the history of the town and who Rossler was, trying to use the main history people know about the town while trying to add some new bits learned about ROssler from the tomb.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    (This is crap. I posted this last night and Paizo took it away. At least I still had the original saved.)

    (We should, if we can, each make a check and the best of us should make two. Maybe Tessenarin?)

    Aishe considers teaching the children how to pick locks. It's a valuable skill, and one their teachers have probably let go. But that might be the whole point - they have to finish teaching what the teachers began.

    So he sticks to local knowledge about the community, testing their knowledge as best he can.

    Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Seeing that Vinas seems tongue-tied and unable to formulate a stimulating curriculum, Vanyan steps up again...this time to use the power of alchemy to dazzle and amaze the ghost students.

    He pulls out his alchemist kit, a few beakers and sets up the bunsen burner. He sprinkles in a dash of this and of that, trying to create a suitably crystalline and prismatic effect. He measures and counts grains. He siphons and sighs. He maths and sciences. With a final todo, he anoints one mixture with another...

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Craft (alchemy)

    With a boom the reagents expand and contract...leaving a shattered flask.

    "Please clap," Vanyans pauses before wandering back into the fog to prepare his next session. He does not leave until something happens.

    POST 2000 biyotches!!! Woohoo! And it's a terrible one! You're welcome!!

    1,951 to 2,000 of 2,277 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.