GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
BottleCaps: Aishe (1); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (1)


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,282 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

While Atium graciously (albeit gruffly) comments on the lack of craftsmanship of Jando's sword and offers to fix it, Vanyan listens to his companions speak. He then adds his own musings: "So, as Aishe here said, we've been somewhat unavailable these past several days and have some serious catching up to do. Do you know what in the seven hells happened here? And what's the deal with the ol' green dome of doom? We're trying to make sense of what happened, and decide what to do next. Tell us everything you know!" He pauses, then remembers something. It's his manners. "Oh, and my name is Vanyan. Nice to meet you, however strange the circumstances.

Vanyan also slides his own longspear to the half-orc, content to make do with the silver-tipped one. "Take this too. It's served me well and you should always have a back up weapon, Jando."

"Oh, are you hurt at all? You okay?" Vanyan asks permission to check the half-man for wounds or hurts.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Heal

Dark Archive

From what Vanyan can tell Jando seems very injured.

Vanyan wrote:
Do you know what in the seven hells happened here?

“You mean you don’t know? I assumed that was why you’re here. A few days ago, when I was patrolling along the river to the southeast, I saw this massive flash of light coming from the town. I rushed over, only to find many of the buildings in ruins and everyone... dead.” Jando is still shocked by the huge loss of life. “It seemed as though most of the bodies were turned to ash, but lots of them were terribly mangled somehow, their limbs twisted in all directions and their flesh turned to goo. It was horrible, but it got worse when some of the mangled corpses began to move on their own.” He grimaces. “I hate the undead.”

Vanyan wrote:
And what's the deal with the ol' green dome of doom?

“That sprang up about a day later while I was picking through the rubble, trying to find some explanation for what happened. It just appeared, rolling in like the worst bank of fog ever. I tried to make a break for it through the mist once, but I barely made it back out alive. I wouldn’t recommend it. It surrounds the entire town—I’ve been trapped here inside it ever since.”

Jando wraps a bandage around one of his more grievous injuries. “I don’t have a good explanation, or even any explanation at all. I figure it must be related to whatever magic destroyed the town. And I’m pretty certain it was magic. We don’t have much use for fireworks in Lastwall, but I’ve seen a few set off in my time. None of them produced light that bright or in such a huge area.”

He grabs ahold of the spear and tries to stop Atium before he rushes off back into town. "Thanks for the spear and I wouldn't go heading into there alone. I barely make it out alive."

You sure you want to go into the town to the forge by yourself Atium?

Vanyan wrote:
Tell us everything you know!

“You’ve heard of Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant? He’s a powerful lich who ruled Ustalav for centuries but was defeated by the Shining Crusade and then locked away in Gallowspire. Well, the Whispering Way is a cult that wants to free that undead bastard and turn everyone on Golarion into zombies and skeletons.” Jando can barely hide his disgust. “My guess is they’re behind all this. I’ve seen a few of them skulking through the streets, but I don’t know if they have a way through the fog or a secret hideaway in town.”

Aishe wrote:
How long have you been here? We're not sure how long it's been since the fog or whatever happened. We've, ah, been off plane."

"Only been a couple of days now that I can tell." Jando listens intently, shaking his head. “Now I’ve heard just about everything! I suppose next we’ll find out that Aroden has come back to life and is selling camels in Osirion!”


I bet it got lost in the gruffness. But I was intending to stay until everyone else was ready and joined me to go back into town. Atium was assuming Aishe and Tess needed bolts and arrows.
"I'll let others roleplay and ask questions, but when others are ready to be lookouts".
Rule #1: Don't split the party.


Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas helps the man up, and channels the strength and succor of the Inheritor into him LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

    After letting the story sink in he adds, "If we're confined to a finite area, then we'll have to simply scour the Coffer for answers. Pray it as awfully simple as a spell gone awry, and not something presaging more calamity."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan pauses. This is a lot to take in. He's heard all about Lastwall and the Shining Crusade during his time with the Pathfinders, but to even think that the Whispering Tyrant could be back?! Impossible! And yet...

    He feels a kinship with this half-orc, in the sense that they are all stranded and trapped here, in a forsaken, deadly town with dangerous shadows and undead creatures. Good to have an other ally on their side, and Jando may have gathered some more useful information in the meantime.

    After Vinas provides some much-needed healing for some of the most egregious wounds, Vanyan joins in on the efforts, and with the half-orc's permission, uses the new wand to pray to Iomedae for healing.

    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 CLW

    He's relieved to hear that Atium has no immediate plans to sprint off into the unknown all by himself, but believes the man has some solid ideas about improving the weapons at their disposal. Who knows what might lurk behind the next corner!

    "So, umm. This seems like a safe enough place for now... anyone need some time to rest? We should probably get moving soon, though", he adds. ”We stay the night here and head to town in the morning? Might as well check out the forge, right?”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "I agree, let's try the forge next, but we travel as a group everywhere for now. I doubt anywhere in this mist is safe."

    Aishe is ready to go. Once he's back on firm ground, he'll take out his crossbow, load it with a special bolt, and head toward the forge with the others.


    knowledge history: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
    "Whispering way you say?"
    Tessenarin tries to think about any history or lore about them that might be helpful.
    "I am fine and do not need to rest. I would be happy to go to the armory. I would also like to go to the Inn and see if there is any food there. I could use additional arrows."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Tess's question gives Vanyan a bit of time to think of more questions to ask.

    "What did you say was happening in town? Can you be specific? We saw the zombie elks, a few whipweeds...what else is there? I would imagine that the elk will soon finish off the whipweeds, given that elk like to eat, but what do I know? What else have you seen? What else is weird in town?" Vanyan presses.

    Dark Archive

    Gathering up any gear the group gets ready to head to the forge as Vanyan has a few last minute questions.

    Vanyan wrote:
    "What did you say was happening in town? Can you be specific? We saw the zombie elks, a few whipweeds...what else is there?

    "“You noticed that, did you?” he tightens down his bandage. [b]"I really have no explanation for it. It didn't start until after the explosion and the fog rolled in. Figured it all had something to do with that foul magic."

    Vanyan wrote:
    What else have you seen? What else is weird in town?"

    "On one of my supply runs through the town, I came close to the cemetery and heard a voice—in my head, I think—claiming to be the spirit of the land. Since then, I haven’t gone anywhere near it. It might be a Whispering Way trick, or it could be something else altogether. I’m just trying to stay alive here; I gave up on trying to solve the mysteries of this place the minute that toxic fog appeared.”

    Tessenarin thinks back on the history of the Whispering Way and all he knows.

    Whispering Way History:

    A little over 1,500 years ago, the ancient wizard Tar-Baphon—slain by Aroden millennia earlier—returned to Golarion as a powerful lich known as the Whispering Tyrant. He ruled an empire of the dead, bringing much of central Avistan to heel for 5 centuries before Taldor finally launched the Shining Crusade to halt the Whispering Tyrant’s conquests. The paladins of the crusade carved a slow, steady swath into the Whispering Tyrant’s forces, and summoned Aroden’s herald, Arazni, to finish her patron’s work. But Tar-Baphon had grown more powerful on stolen secrets and borrowed glory than anyone suspected and struck the archon down, throwing her lifeless body before Taldor’s armies. The soldiers’ resolve broke and the Shining Crusade nearly turned back before the young paladin Iomedae and general Arnisant rallied their forces and renewed their assault—this time as a battle for vengeance.

    The Shining Crusade brought their war to Tar-Baphon’s doorstep: Adorak, the city of the dead. There, and at the Whispering Tyrant’s tower fortress of Gallowspire, Arnisant and Iomedae confronted the lich while wielding the artifacts Aroden had used to strike down Tar-Baphon’s mortal incarnation millennia before. Insulted by his enemies’ presumptions, Tar-Baphon cast a wish spell, wishing for Arnisant’s heart to appear in the palm of his hand. However, Tar-Baphon didn’t realize that the shield of Aroden wielded by Arnisant had the ability to direct deadly magic into itself to spare its wielder harm. The shield shattered into twelve pieces, Tar-Baphon’s own wish spell embedding one shard into his withered hand, where it burned with righteous light. Surprised and severely weakened by the artifact, the Whispering Tyrant fled deep into the dungeons below Gallowspire. Members of the Shining Crusade realized the danger of hunting Tar Baphon within his own lair, and instead constructed the Great Seal to bind the Whispering Tyrant in the shadows beneath his own capital forever.

    The Great Seal, empowered by three lesser seals hidden across Avistan, remains in place today, still binding Tar-Baphon in a prison of his own making.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Ah, oh. I'm glad he, er, it, is locked away then and we don't have to worry about it." he shudders a bit at the thought of such power as that.

    "Let's head to the forge and see about supplies. Hopefully they'll have some cold iron for my bolt tips. No silver blanch I'll bet, but I'll take what I can get."

    "Maybe we check out the cemetery next. Might as well get some information, be they friend or foe."


    To Aishe and Tess I will make you the best bolts and arrow heads. Sharp enough to punch through bark thin armor like "GEFGW" wears. But lets see what I have to work with first.
    Is everyone ready? Starting up the forge will attract attention.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan is ready. He will follow Atium and others to the forge. He moves through town with the silver-tipped longspear as his primary defense, clutched in his noodly arms. His lightbox clacks against his chest as he walks.


    Atium talks to the half-orc.
    Stick by us GEFGW, you have a good chance of surviving now. This here is Twink, and he's a Pathfinder. The rest are also good at surviving and knowing stuff. Twink, though has relied on some of his Pathfinder experience to really pull life saving stuff out his ass.
    I'll tell you the cool stuff others have done soon enough, but Twink being a bona-fide Pathfinder should easy your pulse.

    Dark Archive

    Jando stands. "Sure, why not. Can't sit around here all day hoping that goes down. Bit better in numbers in case we come across more of those Whispering Way patrols."

    Slowly the group makes it out of the woods and back through the town to where the forge was located. Though it takes a little bit to find as the town is not as it once was with some buildings collapsed in on themselves. Piles of ash little the ground inside of houses as darkened soot covered imprints of where people were standing and children playing are outlined against the walls as if some massive blast quickly came through.

    After a bit of digging and searching you find a suitable unlit forge. Though it has been pilfered there are still a few items and tools laying around to do what you wish to accomplish.

    Jando looks to Atium. "What do you need help with getting it ready?"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    Atium wrote:
    ”...Twink is a Pathfinder...”

    Vanyan smiles weakly at the compliment, not really sure he wants to brag about his time in the Pathfinders. After all, it seems like he spent most of the time in a period of near death and bleeding on the ground. He doesn’t add too much to Atium’s shout out.

    ”Wait a minute,” Vanyan stops overs from going in. ”Does this place look pilfered to you? Rummaged through?” Vanyan steps back to look for footprints before they are lost by Atium’s rampaging feet.

    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Survival - tracking

    ”Aishe? I know you’re not a hunter, but do you notice any tracks around here? Maybe more people are around?”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "I may be no hunter, but I have been learning the trade, as it were, in the field. Let's see what I can find."

    He lowers his crossbow and examines the area inside and outside the forge.

    Survival, inside: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
    Survival, outside: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

    He shares what he learns with the group.


    @ GM. Here goes- unless we are interrupted by combat. I also don't understand the mechanics of how much I produce, I just know that the 1/4 value cost is really small for these items, so the production time should be small also.
    Atium gets the forge started. It is a time consuming project as it takes a lot of fuel to get the intense heat that a proper forge needs. Eventually he gets there and a hot aired glow surrounds the area. Beating back the creepy greenish fog and pall that covers the town in a dome. The heat forces Atium to shed his armor, and he gets to work.

    Curses and vulgarities spill out of the forge area in between clangs of adamantine hammer against anvil. Those that peer in see an immensely angry Atium working and working, and cursing and even shouting. It's as if he's having a one sided argument. The kind of argument that is circular, full of illogical points and fallacies. You know, a teen aged boy's type of argument.

    I hate you! He snarls at times.
    This isn't my life. You can't make me!
    You are stupid, and old, and the real world has left you behind.
    It doesn't make sense, his one way argument and virtual combat with the anvil. But, it seems to fuel his work and produce crossbow bolts, arrow heads, and a repaired Half-Orc Long Sword.

    Dark Archive

    Atium- Here are the crafting rules Crafting Rules (Link) You probably want the per day portion. Craft (Blacksmith) is a bit of an odd area To craft bows you would need Craft (Bow) / weapons (Craft Weapon) or armor (Craft Armor). What we can do is you can probably create the ammunition fine, just not bows/weapons/armor themselves but you would be able to repair any of them, though not create them from scratch. that make sense?

    Per day rules are Roll x DC / 7. When that number reaches the amount of silver below you then complete them.

  • Arrows are DC 12 (10 SP for 10 arrows; 20 SP for Cold Iron; 30 SP for Silver)
  • Bolts DC 15 (10 SP for 10 bolts; 20 SP for Cold Iron; 30 SP for Silver)
  • Repairing the sword DC 15 (150 SP)

    Vanyan wrote:
    ”Does this place look pilfered to you? Rummaged through?”

    "Most of this town has been ransacked or destroyed by the Whispering Way."

    Vanyan and Aishe track numerous footprints through the rubble strewn area. They seem to be going from building to building just as Jando said. Seeming to gather and pillage the area for useful items.

    Shedding his armor Atium and Jando spend several more hours getting enough material to get the forge hot enough. A large glow soon begins to emanate from the coals.


  • GM weapons:
    Here's the rolls. Man is this complicated. I'll go for arrows first. I get a +2 for the equipment right?
    Arrows: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 Per day Rule. = 22 (done in 1 day).
    Bolts: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14 Per day Rule. = 30 - done in 2/3rds of a day or 1 day for the Silver Bolts.
    Sword: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16 Per day Rule. = 34/150.
    For simplicity, can we just say I plan to spend the first day making Cold Iron Arrows for Tess. 1 day for Silver Bolts for Aishe and I started a day towards repairing Jando's sword.
    With moving the story along, can we say I worked the first day, and then we can decide to explore the cemetery. I bet people won't be idle for 4 days while I work.

    Dark Archive

    Atium:

    Yup, Crafting gets to be a little complicated as it saves quite a bit of gold, but takes a tone of time. I am good with that Atium. All in all what you could do is just Take 10 and figure out how long each item is going to take and we can just go with timeframe at that point.

    The sun just begins to set into darkness as Atium wipes the sweat from his face, turning the forge down. He hands Aishe a small bundle of 10 silver-tipped bolts and Tessenarin a bundle of 20 cold iron arrows. It is going to take a few days to repair Jando's blade completely but Aishe is able to make a decent frame for it. Jando looks up at the hazy, greenish and darkening sky. "We shouldn't stay out too much while it is dark." The half-orc shakes a bit in fright.

    Did you still wish to visit the cemetery this evening?


    I've only just started. Atium says as he puts on his armor.
    this is a good lathered sweat. Let me make good use of lubricated muscles and let's investigate the cemetery.

    He asks Twink to get a pull from the wand of cure light wounds. down to 2/22.
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe keeps guard while the stronger men work. He walks around the building during the day, keeping his eyes open for danger.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

    When he sees Atium stockpiling silver for his bolts the next day he suggests, "I'd prefer the cold iron actually, if that's OK with you. I have some silver blanch left, but cold iron would be helpful now."

    "Yes, the cemetery." Aishe agrees. "While it's still light."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan helps keep guard while Atium works, worried that the smoke or sounds will bring on the Whispering Way or something worse. He makes small talk while they keep watch.

    "Hey Jando, you said you've seen Whispering Way? How do you know they are the Way? And what exactly have you seen? Humanoids? Undead? Witches? Tell me about the patrols if you can."

    * * *

    "Yes, the cemetery." Aishe agrees. "While it's still light."

    Vanyan nods, ready to so something else after sitting and guarding for a bit.

    When they get closer to the Cemetary, Vanyan will cast Barkskin on both Vinas and Atium.

    "This won't last forever, but maybe long enough for our first foray into the cemetary. My guess is that the Way might be strongest here."

    Updated healing. First wand is gone, now on the back up.

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan wrote:
    "Hey Jando, you said you've seen Whispering Way? How do you know they are the Way? And what exactly have you seen? Humanoids? Undead? Witches? Tell me about the patrols if you can."

    "Only saw them from afar but it has to be them right? All these undead and strange things happening. Robes of bones. Undead travel with them and don't seem bothered by them."

    ******************************************

    The cemetery is located in the southeast corner of town. A shimmering white light emanates from the wrought iron fence at the cemetery’s gate. As you approach, the light coalesces into an androgynous humanoid figure clad in white robes with hair of flame and large, feathery wings. Though their eyes burn with a fiery intensity, the being appears kind and benevolent.

    "Greetings, travelers from beyond the veil. We are Roslar’s Coffer, the collected thoughts and prayers of its people, the sweat and blood they have poured into its construction and defense, the beating heart and vital spirit of the town. But we are broken and fragmented from the foul attack that has slaughtered our residents. We would help you, if you help us. Find our missing pieces—in the schoolhouse, the town square, and the jeweler’s shop—and we will allow you access to the tomb of the false hero. From there, you might find a way to free what is left of this town."

    Each is marked on the map. Pink (Schoolhouse); Orange (Town square); Yellow (Jeweler's Shop)

    Player Status:

    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (38/53)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)
    Aishe (34/34)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    "False hero? What does that mean? Is Roslar not what we thought?!" Vanyan blurts out before he can contain himself for a more diplomatic answer. "I mean, we'll do that, but also...what happened here and why is Roslar wrong?"


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Oh. Ah." Aishe manages to say with mild surprise at the creature's visage.

    He listens carefully to what was said, and Vanyan's questions. He nods, "What, ah, what will these pieces look like? How will we know them when we see them?"


    Atium looks at the visage, and then looks at the symbol on the wonderful chain mail he is wearing. Flames with wings seems to be the common theme. This being is to be believed and trusted.
    The school. We will go there first. Schools are for children and this evil has gone after the children the most.
    Vinas, I think you agree. Let us save the children first.

    He waits for Tess, Aishe and Vanyan to fact find more of WHAT they are looking for, but leads the way to the schoolhouse in the town.

    Dark Archive

    Picture of the graveyard scene added to maps.

    Vanyan wrote:
    "False hero? What does that mean? Is Roslar not what we thought?!"

    "Roslar’s adoration of Arazni was his undoing, for he wanted more than her aid against the Whispering Tyrant—he wanted her love. He listened to the insidious whispers of unscrupulous agents who promised to help him gain Arazni’s love, and he accidentally revealed important information about the Knights of Ozem as he fantasized about meeting Arazni to express his adoration. Roslar discovered later that his unknown benefactor was an agent of the Whispering Way, and that the information he revealed ultimately helped pave the way for Arazni’s death. He threw himself into the fiercest of the fighting and died, to all appearances, a hero. An extensive tomb was constructed to honor him and his associates, near the town that would later bear his name."

    "Before Roslar’s body was placed in his tomb, rumors of his involvement in Arazni’s death surfaced. The Knights of Ozem, reluctant to call shame upon one of their own, conducted a lackluster and inconclusive investigation."

    Aishe wrote:
    "What, ah, what will these pieces look like? How will we know them when we see them?"

    The benevolent figure raises both of it's hands in the air and a trio of lights similar to it's own, though dimmer, light in the distance like beacons. "You will recognize portions of the town there."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe nods slowly, not completely comprehending, but well enough he hopes.

    He follows Atium to the schoolhouse if it's still light enough. He does not want to be out after dark however.

    Dark Archive

    The trip back through town is uneventful, though you see forms and movement from within the sickening fog's perimeter. Though just as soon as you believe to see movement it is gone once again.

    A one-room schoolhouse stands on the northeastern edge of Roslar’s Coffer and, unlike many of the other buildings in town, remains standing and in reasonable condition. As the PCs approach, they can see a glow from within, emanating from a dozen frolicking child-like figures.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    GM Tyranius wrote:
    "Only saw them from afar but it has to be them right? All these undead and strange things happening. Robes of bones. Undead travel with them and don't seem bothered by them."

    Vanyan worries about the cryptic robe of bones comment. He hopes he can puzzle it out before it becomes too real too quickly.

    "Well, okay, Jando. You don't have to come to the cemetery unless you want to. We don't want to put you in danger unless you want to be. We might be better off if you keep a safe campsite for us," Vanyan offers.

    ******************************************

    GM Tyranius wrote:
    As you approach, the light coalesces into an androgynous humanoid figure clad in white robes with hair of flame and large, feathery wings. Though their eyes burn with a fiery intensity, the being appears kind and benevolent.

    Vanyan recovers a bit more of his faculties and examines the feathery apparition more closely.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Know (Planes)
    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Know (Religion)

    What is this thing?

    "Do...you...do you know what caused all this? You're the collected information of thousands...do any of them have any idea how this all happened?" Vanyan asks.

    Happy to follow to the schoolhouse, but also wanted to probe a bit more.


    "I am a fan of learning. I think the schoolhouse is a good place to go. I am happy to start there."

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan wrote:
    "Well, okay, Jando. You don't have to come to the cemetery unless you want to. We don't want to put you in danger unless you want to be. We might be better off if you keep a safe campsite for us," Vanyan offers.

    Seeing his sword being repaired, Jando smiles as he has a little time to explain further trusting in you. "I haven't been completely honest with you." He explains further. "Me and my Mother have had a lot of prejudice against us as I grew up. I came of age in Lastwall and wanted to help their borders. I even briefly considered applying in the Crusader War College in Vigil, but he didn’t feel like putting myself through the chore of justifying my heritage on a daily basis."

    He grips his bow, looking down at the ground. "Instead I shadowed their patrols between Lastwall’s borders with the Hold of Belkzen and Ustalav. I learned all that I could on how to survive and fight. Over the years they made me well aware of the Whispering Way and their threat. So I am well aware of what they look like at this point. I have spent nearly a decade on my own traveling across Lastwall, hunting down undead threats and the like."

    "I ended up here while patrolling Lastwall's southern border when I saw the explosion. SO trust me when I say these are definitely Whispering Way around here."

    Vanyan wrote:
    "Well, okay, Jando. You don't have to come to the cemetery unless you want to. We don't want to put you in danger unless you want to be. We might be better off if you keep a safe campsite for us," Vanyan offers.

    "They won't be able to find my campsite and I will be better off in numbers traveling at this point."

    ******************************************

    Vanyan recognizes the feathery apparition as a Loci Spirit. A loci spirit is an apparition created from a saturation of positive emotional resonance and excess psychic energy, akin to a benevolent haunt. The loci spirit of Roslar’s Coffer was created by the explosion, but it is fractured due to the fallout of positive energy. Bits of the loci spirit have broken away and are taking on the forms of townsfolk who were killed in the attack. Each piece believes itself to be a townsperson with unfinished business (similar to a ghost) keeping it separate form the loci spirit. Once a fragment’s business is addressed, it disappears and its essence returns to the loci spirit.

    Vanyan wrote:
    "Do...you...do you know what caused all this? You're the collected information of thousands...do any of them have any idea how this all happened?" Vanyan asks.

    The Loci Spirit seems confused as it's memories are fractured.

    Anything further you wanted to ask or ready for Schoolhouse?


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    As they approach, Aishe nods to Jando, inviting him to join them in his own way.

    He loads a freshly made cold iron bolt into his crossbow, happy to have a supply again, and approaches carefully. He first looks for tracks into the schoolhouse, recent tracks.

    Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

    Then he'll peer through the windows to see what exactly is frolicking in there.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”Sounds like you’ve had it rough, Jando. Thanks...thanks for trying to hard to help even though you haven’t been welcomed. That’s admirable,” Vanyan offers a real smile. ”It can’t have been easy and, no doubt, what’s happening here hasn’t made it easier. I’m sorry you’re stuck here like this.”

    Vanyan has no more questions of the Loci.

    * * *

    Vanyan follows the group to the schoolhouse, genuinely curious in what they may find there. On the way, he shares what he knows about the Loci with the group. He feels that helping the fragments complete their mission and business in the town will provide some measure of relief and peace. It's a noble endeavor.

    Even though he believes the spirits and fragments to be benevolent, he also expects them to be confused. So just in case, he readies his silver-tipped longspear as they approach. Following Aishe's example, he peeks though the windows and has a look around. "See anything interesting?"' he asks in a hushed voice.

    1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 Perception
    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Know (Religion) - the children

    Dark Archive

    Aishe cleans off one of the dirty windows with his sleeve. Four rows of four small desks each fill most of this chamber, with a single large, wooden desk near the only door. Broken writing tablets and dozens of pieces of chalk litter the dirty floor. Several grimy windows around the room look out onto the ruined town. The interior of the schoolhouse is brightly lit due to the glow of the capering childlike spirits within. The ghostly children fill the room as they laugh and leap from desk to desk as if the floor were lava.

    Vanyan believes they all appear to be ghosts, about 16 total.


    Atiums eyes go wide.
    Ghost kids, very dangerous. You go first.

    Speaking to Vinas.


    "Atium, are you scared?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Getting caught up now. Sorry for the drastic decrease in posting during the trip. I won't bog us down with too much rewarding, but I do think there's a thread of RP that shouldn't go unmissed between Vinas and Jando."

    Jando, I never felt the prejudice, but I did feel the call. I ignored it for a time and went the way of a survivalist. Indeed, my disdain for Urgathoa's children guided much of my training. I've found my faith now, and I found it in the crucible that led us here. I believe you and I have much in common, and I'd like to see that lead to an increase in both our talents."

    ------------------

    "Ghosts. As in, actual ghosts? Great. Iomedae grant us the belly fire and heartblood to see peace before us."

    Shield and blade in hand, Vinas enters.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe follows Vinas into the room, a respectful distance behind in case Vinas needs to come barreling back out.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan stares at the eerie apparitions of children. So many hungry ghosts. He shudders. Turning to the group, he says: "If the Loci is telling the truth, these spirits may be confused, but not evil. Just like us, they are stranded and have unfinished business to tend to. Maybe we can be of service. Let's find out what they want"

    With that, he follows Vinas and the others into the schoolhouse, when they are ready. He holds his spear in a way he believes to be non-threatening, but it's ready for use just in case the ghosts are hostile.

    Dark Archive

    Jando smiles at Vinas. "As do I, though right now I am just hoping to live long enough to get out of here."

    Four rows of four small desks each fill most of this chamber, with a single large, wooden desk near the only door. Broken writing tablets and dozens of pieces of chalk litter the dirty floor. Several grimy windows around the room look out onto the ruined town.

    The ghostly children caper about the room. "Teachers are here! Come play with us, teachers, and our new fairy friends!" they laugh as they jump around and climb up on the desks, giggling and laughing.


    tess wrote:


    "Atium, are you scared?

    to which Atium replies.

    No, not scared. I just don't like the thought of having to bash kids. Ghost kids. or anything like that. It gives me the heebie jeebies. And I will readily admit to being scared of things. I'm not one to be dared into doing something just because I was called chicken.

    bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
    The way Atium says that last part really sounds like a bold faced lie. His face gives away what is swirling around in his mind. He is recalling a time he did something stupid because of a "triple dog dare ya" dare.
    I will tell you right now that I have quarrel with those world breakers. They gots magic that does bad things. lots of bad things.All that they do makes me scared.

    Atium follows behind. He brightens when his group of adventurers are called "teachers" by the ghost kids.
    Fairy friends huh? We gots at least one Fairy friend in our party too!

    Atium laughs and asks who did he just roast with his zinger words. Pointing a meaty finger at everyone and mouthing. "you?" or "you?" or "you?"


    Tessenarin looks at Atium with a look of disgust on his face. He shakes his head and says [b]"Or you are talking about yourself, but you really should not talk about your self that way. It is not good for your self image."

    He then looks around for these "new fairy fairy friends"


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    While Atium makes light of the ghosts' comments, Vanyan immediately grows concerned when he hears the children speak of fairies. Something just doesn't seem to fit. Like Tess, he tries to see who exactly the ghosts are talking about. If nothing becomes immediately apparent, he again turns to the children: "Yes, we're here to learn, too! Tell us, who are these fairies? Can you show us?"

    While Vanyan expects Atium and Vinas to take the lead when it comes to bashing monsters, it seems reasonable that Vanyan would take the lead here with the children and ghosts and fairies. After all, it’s not likely that Atium had been in a school before, unless he had been wearing a very pointy cone and standing in the corner.


    Good chastisement Tess. I'll compose a reply later today!


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe ignores the childishness, and looks to the children. ”Yes, yes, we are your teachers. Now sit down at your desks and answer the nice man’s questions. Let us meet the faeries.”

    Dark Archive

    The children laugh. "Don't you see them?"

    Aishe Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 8

    Aishe's stern tone has little effect, as one of the children stops playing and sits down. Her glow diminishes, and the room starts to get darker. It only lasts for a moment as her friends grab her hands and pull her back into the fun, skipping along the desktops.

    "One, Two, They are coming for you...
    Three, Four, Better lock your doors...
    Five, Six, grab your crucifix...
    Seven, Eight.........

    The song seems to drown in and out as suddenly, Tessenarin and Aishe feels intense pain as unseen blades sink into their backs! Blood flows from the deep wounds, which burn with a weakening poison. The weird thing is there is no attackers in sight!

    Dagger vs Tessenarin AC FF 13; Invisible: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 + Poison
    Sneak Attack Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1) = 6
    DC 17 Fort save vs Poison. Failure is 1 str drain

    Dagger vs Aishe AC FF 12; Invisible: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25
    Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 + Poison
    Sneak Attack Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14
    DC 17 Fort save vs Poison. Failure is 1 str drain

    Init:
    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Jando: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
    ?????: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

    Round 1
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Tessenarin (23/33)
    Atium (53/62; Raging 63/72)

    -----------------------------------------
    ??????
    -----------------------------------------
    Vinas (38/53)
    Jando
    Aishe (17/34)


    seeing the creepy rythmn song turn bloody.
    Now you understand why I didn't like school in the first place!

    Atium delays, having nothing to attack, he thinks about playing the school bully role. But waits to see if better solutions present themselves.


    what direction did the attack come from?

    1,901 to 1,950 of 2,282 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.