GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (1)


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,302 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

"Jando mentioned the cultists to us. I did not think we would encounter any here. I think now it may be wisest to return to Jando's and rest, lest we encounter anything else dangerous while we have injured people."

Tessenarin looks over at Vinas. "You do look still rather wounded. Let me help."

He sings his soft, soothing tone and his hand begins to glow. He touches Vinas' injuries so they may heal.

clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Status:
HP: 30/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
Conditions = None
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Normal Bolts = 7/8
Cold Iron Bolts = 5/6
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
Grit = 2/4
Lay on Hands = 0/1 (d6)

As the last cultist ends his own life Aishe shakes his head, ”Dedication. That’s going to be hard to fight. I wonder what about this place has made them so dedicated that they’d sacrifice their own lives rather than be taken prisoner?”

He’ll collect his two misses and check the bolts for damage. low is bad: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 He’ll also help search the cultists for any clues, or loot.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Once he’s sure there’s nothing to be gained, he nods with the others, ”Yes, we’re all wounded to varying degrees. Let’s go to ground and look at things fresh tomorrow.”

If they make it back to their lair unmolested, he’ll lay his hands on Vinas. ”Here, let me help.”

Lay on Hands, healing: 1d6 ⇒ 3


"I do not think there is something about this place that makes them do such things. It is usually more their unshakable believe in something else that causes it."


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Aishe nods along with Tessenarin, "Sure, but something drew them, and their fervor, here. I don't remember seeing these people when I lived here."

He thinks a moment, and studies their faces to be sure.
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 to try and place any of them.

Dark Archive

Aishe studies the faces of the cultists ad does not recognize any of them from around town. It takes a few minutes to strip them down of any gear.

  • oil of magic weapon (8)
  • potions of invisibility (8)
  • potion of spider climb (4)
  • +1 dagger (4)
  • mwk studded leather (4)
  • mwk daggers (16)
  • 68 gp

    Jando grabs underneath one of Vinas' arms and helps carry him. "This way, I'll lead the way back, covering our tracks to make sure noone follows us." Jando works a small bit of magic on his own and you manage to make it back to the camp without leaving behind a single footprint. Pass without trace.

    The night passes by uneventful as you lie wounded, alone, afraid and completely cut off from the rest of the world. You manage to finally fall asleep when you are awakened in the morning by a piercing and unearthly howl from somewhere in the distance. At least you believe it to be morning as this sickening green haze creates a constant dimness to the town. One that makes it difficult to tell what time of day it truly is.

    Player Status:

    Vinas (28/53)
    Tessenarin (28/33)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)


  • Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan wakes up to pray and ponder, his mind going to his still scabby cuts. He didn't fully recover over the night, still he was better off than others. At least his thoughts and memories of past pathfinders were still there to ponder upon, to ask for guidance, to pray to for wisdom.

    After a while, he moves over to eat what exists of breakfast. "What the hell will this day hold for us? And why did this evil strike this small town?" Vanyan feels grouchy this morning and it shows. "You know? I've been gone for years...and the one day I finally make it back home, all heck breaks loose. I couldn't have one f~+@ing day to enjoy this old home. Not one damn day." Vanyan looks around at the home that is no longer anything he recognizes.

    "This is s~@@. All of it is s*#+. But...I'll still fight this s@$% all day and all night." Vanyan finishes eating, still b$!!&ing about this and that.

    Eventually, he'll be ready to go to the third location.


    Atium is not bothered by this at all. He likes the spoils of war that they just earned.
    He reached in and grabbed 3 oils of magic weapon (fairly moot with Tess's awesome ability, but it ) and a magical dagger.

    When Vanyan starts grumbling -He mutters Twink's just being Twink. but lets the guy rave a bit. He likes that someone else is upset all the time. He stands out less.

    He does take some time to talk with Jando. Always calling him by his nickname GEFGW but generally having nice things to say to and about him.
    ready for third location.


    Before resting for the evening, Tessenarin uses the last of his healing spells.

    clw on himself: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    clw on Vinas: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
    clw on vinas: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    In the morning he wakes up and just shakes his head at Vanyan's grousing, wondering yet again what is wrong with the man.

    "I believe the town square was left to visit. Is that correct?"


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "We've been given plenty of potions to work with. Might I suggest that we send an invisible scout in first to get the lay of the land, and then go in? I'm still seriously injured. I don't mind dying in the line of duty, but I have the wisdom to avoid doing it foolishly."

    He looks one last time at the dead. "The order of operations here is worrying. Either these cultists were numerous in town before the event or they know how to get in through the fog. Either way, I want answers. If only one of us could speak with the dead."

    I could definitely use a night's rest, and I think an invisible scout is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered.


    I think we are all planning on a night's rest, which is why I used my remaining spells to heal you. You should be close to full by now.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    Vinas uth Antimanes wrote:
    "If only one of us could speak with the dead."

    Vanyan’s eyes bulge, and then he coughs turning away and then goes someplace else to do something.

    * * *

    Vanyan does grab a potion of invisibility, then another. He does not take the spider climb.

    ”When we get closer, I will scout,” Vanyan says, knowing the protections offered by being unseen. ”I cannot promise I will see everything, but I will see what I can see.”

    * * *

    When we get closer to the next thing, Vanyan will pause the party about 100 yards away. ”I’ll go scout. Stay here,” Vanyan says. He moves away from the party, then quaffs his potion of invisibility.

    @Tyranius:

    While invisible, he will begin...because he’s not sure it’s going to work...he will ask the spirits to carry him over the town square, so that he might see what there is to see, and if there is any obvious dangers. Use about 2 minutes of fly.

    1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 Perception

    Then he will return to the party before the 3 minutes of invisibility runs out.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Vanyan, you're often taciturn about somethings and garrulous about others. Can you speak with the dead?"


    Tessenarin slides up next to Vinas and whispers:

    "I think you need to be gentle with him. There is obviously something wrong with him. He is not a warrior like you."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    Vinas uth Antimanes wrote:
    "Can you speak with the dead?"

    ”Uh, no,” Vanyan rubs the back of his neck, lying poorly and knowing it. ”Well, maybe? Yes? Which dead? What kind of dead? I mean, you need to be more specific. And the answer is maybe. I dunno. Yes. Maybe. Possibly.”


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Can you, Vanyan, cast a spell which will let us question the corpses of these dead cultists?" Vinas's affect is flat, kept calm to avoid spooking a strange response out of the strange man.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan shifts uncomfortably, recalling some of his early training. He’s watched other Pathfinders, overcome with grief, attempting to commune with recently deceased loved ones. Those were heartbreakingly tragic scenes that appeared to unsettle the living more than they accomplished anything else.

    He’s never done it himself, but he does have a sense that he could possibly pull it off… as a last resort. ”Vinas, your help and protection has been invaluable so far,” he begins, in a clumsy but genuine attempt at flattery. ”And I think this is an interesting idea, but is it our wisest choice to expand such magics on these pitiful creatures?” he adds, understanding the cost of such hijinks.

    ”It may not even work… better to catch one alive next time,” he muses, hoping there won’t actually be a next time. ”Not only that, the dead can lie and cheat or refuse. How they were in life, they may be in death. We can try, but it’s not easy or certain.”

    However, if Vinas persists and the group wishes, he will indeed attempt to speak with the dead at the expense of other magics. He looks down at his mostly malfunctioning lightbox, and worrying for the limited magics it can provide.


    I'd like to see this action. This speaking with dead.
    It interests me, and you have permission to speak with me if I were to be dead. I mean when I am dead.... because dying is normal.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 7/8 (loaded)
    Cold Iron Bolts = 5/6
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 6/6
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Lay on Hands = 0/1 (d6)

    Aishe picks up a suit of studded leather, the cleanest he can find, and a masterwork dagger, to replace his own leathers and dagger. He joins the others in their hidey-hole, and raises an eyebrow when Jando ensorcels their tracks. That’s a trick I shall have to learn, he thinks as he studies the man.

    He sleeps well, and fitfully all things considered. He rises early, feeling quite himself again (heal 4hp to max), and helps prepare a morning meal.

    He watches when Vanyan turns invisible and sneaks about. He strains his ears to try and locate him. His crossbow is loaded and elevated so he can provide cover should Vanyan come running the other way at speed.
    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

    Later, or earlier as the case may be, as the party discusses speaking with the dead, Aishe is intrigued. ”You can really do that?” he asks Vanyan eventually. ”Then by all means, you should. That’s neat,” he adds simply.


    tessenarin looks thoughtful as the debate regarding speaking with the dead continues.
    "I do not know that I am a fan of the idea of speaking with the dead. I suppose it is possible we could learn something, but I feel these people are merely the foot soldiers of something else. As such, I believe they would have little to tell us, other than possible of their master. That said, if rest of you wish it, and Vanyan is able, then so be it."

    Dark Archive

    In the morning Vanyan quaffs one of the potions and turns invisible. Begging for the spirits to guide him Vanyan raises his arms out wide like Jack and Rose on the bow of the Titanic. A soft wind blows past him, though nothing strong enough to pick him up. Vanyan jumps but again falls to the ground. his call unanswered.

    Skimming the edges of the town Vanyan finds no sign of additional cultists on the northern end.

    It sounds like you guys have some discussion going on about speaking with the dead or were you ready to head out once again?

    Player Status:

    Vinas (50/53)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I could use a rest, a proper rest."


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I'll not force the issue with the dead. Come now, if it seems to be quiet, let's all check out the center."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan looks around the campsite to see if any of the party has any dead bodies that they wish to speak with. Thinking that most of the dead cultists were probably back at the jeweler’s shop, he doesn’t think it likely, but then again, you never really knew what Atium might be lugging around as a totem. Memento mori totem, attack! Necro-bull!

    He shrugs and follows Vinas to the center of town and the 3rd loci spirit.

    When we get close, Vanyan will pause the party about 100 yards away. ”I’ll go scout. Stay here,” Vanyan says. He moves away from the party, then quaffs his potion of invisibility.

    @Tyranius:
    Invisible scouting as above.

    Then he will return to the party before the 3 minutes of invisibility runs out.

    Dark Archive

    Keeping the group back a good distance Vanyan turns invisible via one of the potions and scouts out the area to make sure there are no additional cultists going to sneak up on them.

    Vanyan:
    You head towards the loci spirit's final fragment. As you approach the town square of Roslar’s Coffer, you spot a glow coming from a wide porch on one of the buildings adjacent to the square. The glow emanates from a pair of translucent figures that resemble an elderly couple. Their forms are indistinct, so it is diffcult to tell their races and genders, but the figures are holding hands as they sit in ancient rocking chairs on the porch and look out onto the square. The figures rock slowly back and forth, and the squeak of their old wooden chairs echoes eerily.

    An old stone pool stands in the center of the square, its water stagnant and murky with dirt and rotting vegetation. Next to the pool is an oddly overgrown flower bed filled with strange, squirming flora surrounding an enormous pitcher plant.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan returns to the party, jogging back while holding his longspear.

    ”Old people. That’s the next spirit. They are on the porch,” Vanyan reports. ”I saw no cultists, but the old stone pool looks much more fetid and disgusting than usual. And the plants next to it don’t look much more friendly. Remember them whipweeds? Like that...maybe, I dunno...or do I?”

    Vanyan cocks his head as if trying to remember something about the flora/vegetation.

    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 Know (nature)

    Dark Archive

    Vanyan doesn't recall what the strange plant itself was.


    "More plants? We have not been terribly successful at such things. It is a shame we do not have someone more versed in nature with us. Perhaps Jando can assist us? He seems more tied to nature than the rest of us."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Pull 'em up by the root." Aishe suggests. He wonders what the task will be to get the old people off the porch. They already shoed the kids out, so it's not that.

    Curious, he agrees with Tessenarin's invitation, and moves out with the others toward the evil plants, and the elderly. His crossbow is out and ready though... for the plants. Or possibly any cultists who may be lurking nearby.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


    I can put them up by the root. Sounds like good sense to me.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I suspect that it'll be less than straight forward once we get there."

    Vinas gets himself ready for the worst.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”No wait!” Vanyan stops the party, nearly facepalming. ”You know, the point of scouting is that we get to avoid the potential bad things. Let’s go talk to the nice spirits and avoid the bad stuff, ok? Can we do that?”

    Vanyan looks at Aishe, hoping he’s willing to be more sensible. Then Vinas. Then Tess.

    ”Can we approach the back way? I’m really not sure what the plants even are, or if there is even a problem. I just don’t know.”


    "I am all for avoiding a potential fight with plants of an unknown origin. I am not quite sure where Aishe thought I was suggesting we just walk right in past them. I just thought perhaps Jando might know what they are. If you believe the back way to be more clear, I agree we should take that route."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    "Ah, oh. Sure, if we can avoid them, let's" Aishe agrees. He follows Vanyan.

    Dark Archive

    You head towards the loci spirit's final fragment. As you approach the town square of Roslar’s Coffer, you spot a glow coming from a wide porch on one of the buildings adjacent to the square. The glow emanates from a pair of translucent figures that resemble an elderly couple. Their forms are indistinct, so it is difficult to tell their races and genders, but the figures are holding hands as they sit in ancient rocking chairs on the porch and look out onto the square. The figures rock slowly back and forth, and the squeak of their old wooden chairs echoes eerily.

    Heading around the back end leaves a suitable distance between yourselves and an old stone pool that stands in the center of the square, its water stagnant and murky with dirt and rotting vegetation. Next to the pool is an oddly overgrown flower bed filled with strange, squirming flora surrounding an enormous pitcher plant.

    The couple shake their heads and make sad clucks with their tongues.

    Jando Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

    Jando stops Vanyan as he grabs his flower. "That ain't no whipweed." His teeth gnash together. "That's a hungry crypt flower. We would do best to steer far clear of it." he looks around at everyone's weapons and sighs. "Careful with those as well. I saw a group of the cultists taking on one once and anytime it was pierced or slashed a toxin splashed out on everyone around it. The toxin was deadly. Slowed everyone around it down until they couldn't move anymore and perished, likely eaten by the plant."


    "That is wise advice, Jando. Thank you for that. Should we go talk to this couple? They look harmless."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I'm not a fan of avoiding a fight, but I understand that the strategy outweighs the minor tactical victory combat may bring. Yes, let's go to the couple and see if we can bring them succor."


    "you are still young; you will learn. Or, is it the code of the Inheritor that causes you to say that?"


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Both." It's given deadpan.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”That plant seems fairly unpleasant,” Vanyan nods, appreciating Jando’s identification that he could not give. He looks to follow party members to move on, trying to find a way to approach the couple without triggering the plant.

    He ponders for a moment.

    ”Hey guys, how long do you think we were not-dead? I mean, that plant just didn’t walk here. And look at this place? Look around? How long do you think we’ve been gone? I know it’s been like a week, but seems much longer.”

    He looks at Jando.

    ”Hey Jando, remind me how long you’ve been here? How long as this been like this?”

    Dark Archive

    The old couple tsk once again. "Been awhile now. Look at the sad state of the square and the fountain," one laments. "They used to be so beautiful we could just sit here for hours looking at it.”

    "What I wouldn’t give to see the place cleaned up again," says the other. The head shaking resumes as they seem to be referring to the large garden that contains the crypt flower of course.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    ”That’s what you want? You want your garden fixed? You want gardening done before you’ll go and live on?” Vanyan looks at the ghostly couple then at the party, then at the corpse flower.

    He hopes that the others had heard something different, but probably not.

    He moves to Atium and offers the man skin like bark (+2 AC) and then pulls out the pearl of power and returns the spell to his mind to offer it again to Vinas (+2 AC).

    Then, as a final act of preparedness, he creates a ball of fire in his hand and stands back from the party and the flower, ready to find a clear shot for his balls of fire.

    ”Aishe, your crossbow ready?”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe is fine avoiding the plant. Living plants, well, plants that move more than swaying in the wind, are weird. Unnatural. He's happy leaving them be.

    Until the old ones make it clear the plant is the problem. He moves up with the others, trying to line up a shot at around 30'. "They subject to regular damage? Or do they need cold iron, or even silver to harm?"

    He's ready.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 22 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 6/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas sports a rare and uncharacteristic wry grin, "Looks like we can't avoid it after all."

    He eyes the plant. "Remind me how it poisoned the cultists again?"

    He turns to Vanyan and Jando, curious about the passage of time, but before long his eyes turn towards the plant.


    "Well, it is a good thing I prefer to kill things at range then." Tessenarin says pulling out his bow.

    "Vinas, I swear, you seem almost bloodthirsty."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    Tessenarin wrote:
    "Vinas, I swear, you seem almost bloodthirsty."

    ”Maybe he’s just a vegan and longs to eat some nice plant veggie rather than the limited rations we’ve been on for the past few weeks. Ever think of that, Tess?” Vanyan offers his opinion. ”Is that right, Vinas? You a vegan? That why you’re uh...smug so righteous?”

    With ball of fire in hand and a good distance between himself, the plant, and the party, Vanyan is ready to fight.


    Atium laughs at the Vegan comment.
    Gfaw
    Atium pulls out the adamantine warhammer. From what GEFGW said, cutting and rending it was not the smart answer.
    So,I bash it until it doesn't move anymore and then Ipull it out by it's roots? Right Aishe. That's what you told me to do.

    He likes the toughness of his new skin.
    Thanks Twink. I'm ready to make it's least meal paralysed cultists.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Vanyan, would you please shut up? What is wrong with you that causes you to say such things?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 18/24 (2249)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)
    Tessenarin wrote:
    Vanyan, would you please shut up? What is wrong with you that causes you to say such things?

    Vanyan crinkles up his face, turning his attention away from the plant and towards Tess. What?!

    "No, I'll talk to whom I want to talk," Vanyan says, not taking any guff from anyone, his hackles raised. "And calling someone bloodthirsty is fine, but asking if they are vegan is somehow off limits? Does that make any sense?"

    Seeing his companions are ready, Vanyan turns his attention back to the plant. He sends a ball of fire at the creature.

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 touch to hit;
    1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fire damage.

    Dark Archive

    Jando shrugs. "Looked like any weapon worked when I saw it. Just any time it was pierced or slashed it spewed forth some poison."

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Jando: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
    Crypt Flower: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Surprise Round
    Jando
    Atium (58/62; Raging 68/72)
    Aishe (34/34)
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vinas (50/53)
    Vanyan (29/33; 1 str drain)


    Atium sides with Tess.
    I think being called Bloodthirsty is more of a compliment than being called a Vegan. I think you are fine Tess. You must have hit a soft spot on Twink. I call him Twink because there's lots of soft spots with that one.

    Atium advances toward the plant in the surprise round.
    Shakra Bear!

    If it has reach, it might get an AoO

    2,051 to 2,100 of 2,302 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.