GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


1,851 to 1,900 of 2,553 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

Aishe shakes his head slowly as he thinks, "Ah. Oh. I'm not sure I agree with you Vanyan. Someone is alive here, maybe more than one. I think we should seek out that half orc and see what he knows. There may be things here we cannot overcome and it would be good to know before we go blundering into them."

"I say we head to the forest, and see what we can learn from the half orc. We can walk the perimeter after that if you wish, and examine the cemetery."


Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Agreed. I had hoped for answers a bit..." he hesitates before continuing, as he realized the macabre nature of his turn of phrase, "a bit closer to home."

    Vinas heads off with Aishe


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan follows Aishe as the man seems to have a plan and can, apparently, track.

    ”Alright, let’s see what we can find.”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    If the rest agree, and they head toward the trees, as they get closer, Aishe will indeed check for tracks to see if there's a common path.

    Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


    Tessenarin doesn't object, but has a hard set to his face. He pulls out his bow and follows along with the others, not entirely convinced this is the best course of action.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    As they get closer to the treeline, Vanyan becomes increasingly suspicious. He concentrates, trying to make out details, hoping to notice anything that might be out of place.

    1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Perception

    Something occurs to Vanyan as he walks with the party, longspear at the ready.

    ”Hey, just a note. Who or whatever we find may or may not be friendly, but also may or may not be scared s@%~less or just trying to survive. But they might know more than we do, so either way, let’s try not to kill any of them unless we need to. They just might be survivors,”’ Vanyan warns, hopeful for finding survivors.


    vanyan wrote:
    but also may or may not be scared s%@+less or just trying to survive.

    Twink is right. If they saw the bear in battle a few minutes ago - they will be terrified of me.

    I think I should shout my presence and see if that helps.

    So, Atium cups his hands to his mouth.
    We are living, breathing people. We have survived this whithering, and we are looking for others that have survived or that are alive. If you are friendly to the good gods of this land- we will be friendly to you. I promise this as an Ulfen of the family line Varg.
    If you are scared- tell us how to talk on neutral ground.

    diplomacy?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan notes that even if there had been a time for quiet, stealthy moves, that time is now definitely over.

    Dark Archive

    Aishe picks up a trail at the edge of the forest. After a couple minutes through the brush it leads to a clearing.

    In stark contrast to the ruin and decay of the town, this clearing teems with strange life. Gray, bulbous fruit hangs from the trees, and brightly colored flowers bloom on the forest floor, giving off a sickly sweet odor. A rotted log lies in front of a narrow opening in the foliage to the north. The plants here all wave slightly, as if in a breeze, but the air is completely still.

    The trail leads further north.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Seeing no reason to stop now, Vinas advances. He remains quiet in the face of Atium's pronouncement.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan puts his hand on Vinas’ shoulder, asking the man to pause a moment.

    ”Remember there are weedwhips about, Brother,” Vanyan hushes, ”No telling what kinds of weird plants might be here.”

    He examines the foliage for notable dangers.

    1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 Perception
    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Know (Nature)

    If he senses nothing, he is content to follow Vinas on.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Thank you. I'd have plunged into them while keeping an eye out."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe chuckles when Atium announces their presence, but continues to forge ahead one Vanyan gives the all clear. He continues to track.

    Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


    What are weedwhips again? You mentioned them. Can I go and pick those flowers? They are bright and they smell sweet. I'll use it to air out the room we sleep in tonight. You guys stink badly.

    Dark Archive

    Looking around Vanyan quickly stops everyone as he notices a very well hidden and wide pit dug into the ground. Large fronds cover the pit. Pulling a few away to look in Vanyan notices that several large spikes little the bottom as the pit must go at least 20 feet down.

    Suddenly you begin to hear a cry for help coming from the north followed by a bestial bellow and the sound of a falling tree.

    Vanyan shows where the pits ends so that you can circumvent it's perimeter. The soil here is oddly spongy, as if after a light rainfall, but the forest floor is dry. The trees that surround this clearing are sick and grayish.

    The half-orc man you spotted earlier is pinned to the ground, trapped beneath a fallen tree. Standing over him is a hideous monstrosity that resembles a horrible amalgmation of different animals fused together. It has the body of a bear and the face and claws of a moutnain lion. A single, greasy tentacle grows out of its long tail.

    When the monster notices you, it turns towards you with a snarl!

    Knowledge (arcana) DC 22:

    This creature is a yaoguai, a monstrosity born of unnatural magic that combines several creatures into one body, creating a deformed, mismatched monster. No two yaoguai look the same, but most have similar abilities. Invariably, the torment of its genesis and the ongoing pain of its existence leave a yaoguai violently insane and prone to attacking at the slightest provocation. They are incredibly tough, resisting all weapons and spells, and are particularly resilient against mind-affecting effects.

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    Beast: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

    Round 1
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (53/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)

    ---------------------------------------
    Monster
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Hold fast! We're coming!" Vinas turns to the beast, "Vanyan what IS THIS THING?"

    With that and a prayer he levels a charge at the horrible thing.

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30 THREAT?
    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 and bonus if confirmed: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


    Tessenarin pulls out his bow and tries to see if he knows what the creature is.

    knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    Unsure, he takes a shot at it.

    longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 1, Init 20

    Vanyan avoids overtly running away from the monster, instead trying to help the party and save the half-orc. He notes the various animal forms that make up the creature, trying to place it in some taxonomy. He tries to stumble out an answer to Vinas.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Know (arcana)

    He has no idea though. ”Maybe it’s some sort of carnivorous toe fungus?”

    In the meantime, he shakes some of the magic dust from his broken lightbox and casts it at the monster. The beast takes -2 to attacks this round for 1 more round, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin fires a shot at the creature's foot, while Vanyan pulls out his lightbox. A small sliver of the light drifts through the air and sticks to the monster, causing it to glow as bright as a candle into the forest.

    Vinas dives in before the creature can react to the newcomers. It swipes around but Vinas meets up with it, cutting right into it's neck. Unfortunately some of the damage is slowed due to it's thicker skin.

    Round 1
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (53/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)
    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-13; -2 att)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Atium advances. He voices his displeasure in one quick run on sentence.

    This just seems like a set up- A pitfall trap on the ground, that if we didn't see - we'd just fall into as we try to save the man on the ground.
    This smells like dead field squirrels.

    He advances and looks to protect Vinas from the monster. Holding his adamantine warhammer with two hands.
    attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 no rage, but PA
    damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Dark Archive

    Atium moves in on the monster with his hammer in hand. He completely misjudges the force required as the hammer head rebounds off of the tentacle.

    Noticing you the beast turns and attacks, it's wounds quickly healing!

    Bite vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 23
    Damage: 2d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 6 + 6 = 20

    Claw vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15

    Tentacle vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 12

    The bear's head chomps down across Vina's armor, crinkling it in on his body severely constricting his lungs as the ape's claw scratches his sides.

    Round 2
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (18/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)

    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-8; -2 att)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 1

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 7/8
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 12/12
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe steps up and peers around the hedge until he can just see the creature. He prays to holy Abadar for guidance with his shot*, and shoots! It is, sadly, a found bolt, and not cold iron/silver. He considers changing, but waits to see the outcome of this first attempt.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15 (point blank)
    critthreat Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 (point blank) damage: 2d8 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (7, 1) + 18 + 2 = 28 (point blank)

    "Hey, guys? I think these bolts are magical... or something!"

    * Shooter’s Resolve (Ex): Ignore the effects of concealment and cover (other than total) against this single shot.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2, Init 20

    Vanyan watches as Vinas does an Atium-esque job of avoiding damage, seeming to lean into every claw and bite. But buoyed by Aishe's deadeye crit, Vanyan knows that the party can win this battle if they keep up the pressure.

    He behind Vinas, begging his lightbox to work. He slaps and curses at it, trying to beg some life from the near useless box. He smiles as it responds, pushing some healing towards Vinas.

    3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5, 5) + 5 = 16 CSW

    The beast takes -2 to attacks this round and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects.

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used


    Atium is standing in front of this huge bruising beast.
    You sure are big. You sure have shown that you can hit hard and Aishe just put that magical bolt about three quarters the way through the spiky spine part of your body- and he's got a quarrel full of magic bolts!

    Which Totem animal would be best against this mix and match monster?
    Hmm. The Bull totem? The Bear Totem? The Eagle? ... no, I gave away the eagle spirit... Ah, let the monster see The Turtle.
    Shakra Turtle!
    and Atium goes into a rage as he takes a hand off the hammer to quickly grab his medallion and then puts in back into a two handed grip to smash the snaggletooth paw part of the enemy.
    attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 raging 3/15

    Missing horribly. He also moves away from the half orc, not trusting this new person. He really looks different than the rest of his party and different is bad until proven to be good.
    Vinas, don't turn your back on that guy. Stay to this side of the monster.

    Dark Archive

    Fortification 50%; low is good; high negates the crit: 1d100 ⇒ 20

    Aishe, with a small prayer to Abadar, lands a miraculous blow as his bolt sticks right into the beasts eye. Blood spurts out from the wound, down it's furry cheek as it roars in anger.

    Standing just out of reach Vanyan coaxes a little bit more magic out of his broken box as Vinas heals.

    Atium swings his hammer with everything he has, though little accuracy as the hammer leaves a large divet in the dirt.

    Round 2
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (34/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)
    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-46; -2 att)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Tesenarin lines up for another shot, hoping to do better this time.

    lonbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    Landing a far more solid shot this time.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas's blood splatters on the ground. He nearly tumbles after the onslaught. For a second it appears as if he may fall to a knee.

    When Vanyan's healing touches him, he smirks. When the others lay into the creature he shouts, "You'll never take us! We're too strong together!"

    He swiftly heals a bit more of his wounds before turning his blade back on the amalgam. Lay on hands: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

    Swing: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13, but it's too wild!

    Dark Archive

    Tessenarin's arrow sticks into the monster's leg, though it doesn't seem to bother it in the slightest. DR. Vinas tends more to his wounds than that of an offensive as his swings become wild.

    The beast quickly heals itself fast healing as it leaps on Vinas and Atium.

    Bite vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 11
    Claw vs Atium AC 18; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 8
    Tentacle vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 3 - 2 = 8

    Combining their strength the pair push back and shove the strange creature back off of them before further harm comes to the pair..

    Round 3
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (42/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)

    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-41; -2 att)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Iomedae provides!" Vinas continues to circle a bit, harrying the monster with his blade:

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    "And I accept!"


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 2

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 6/8
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 12/12
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe, refreshed from past success, prays again to Abadar for guidance* as he lines up his shot, and fires another super-magical bolt!
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23 (point blank) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17 (point blank)

    * Shooter’s Resolve (Ex): Ignore the effects of concealment and cover (other than total) against this single shot.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 3, Init 20

    Vanyan watches as both Aishe and Vinas strike the beast, though Aishe's bolt looks a bit more painful.

    He uses his longspear to try to create an opening for Atium to hit.

    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 vs DC 10 to aid

    Then, after that total failure, he 5' steps back.

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used

    Dark Archive

    Aishe lines up another bolt that sticks into the creature's neck. Vanyan twirls his longspear from his backside and attempts to create an opening for Atium, though he finds little ground. Though Vinas strikes he doesn't seem to wound the creature at all.

    Round 3
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (42/53)
    Atium (62/62; Raging 72/72)
    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-53)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Sorry, things are very bad at the moment. Will post better content hopefully in a few days.

    Dark Archive

    Sorry to hear that Tessenarin, Hopefully everything looks up for you soon.

    Tessenarin's arrow flies high into the trees as Atium back swings his heavy hammer trying to catch another paw like wack-a-mole.

    attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 raging 4/15

    The hammer smashes into one of the paws as the beast howls in pain.

    Bite vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 3 = 16
    Claw vs Atium AC 18; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 3 = 20
    Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16

    Tentacle vs Vinas AC 21; PA: 1d20 + 12 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 3 = 28
    Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16 + Grab
    Grab vs Vinas CMD 17: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

    Rake Claw 1 vs Vinas 19; Grappled: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

    Rake Claw 2 vs Vinas 19; Grappled: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    Atium is raked across his chest by a powerful claw as the tentacled arm swings around, wrapping tightly around Vinas' arms and chest. The beast pulls Vinas in close as two hind legs rake away at his body.

    The half-orc pushes against the fallen trunk. It lifts slightly but falls once more. "Help get this off of me!" He grunts.

    Round 4
    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (17/53; grappled)
    Atium (46/62; Raging 56/72)

    ---------------------------------------
    Monster (-64)
    ---------------------------------------
    Aishe (34/34)


    Atium is side tracked a bit as the half orc sounds like he is actually trapped by the fallen log.
    I am busy on this thing. Watch for tricks people, but it looks like the rooftop lookout is pinned.
    attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
    damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
    Raging 5/15.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Bu--- sy ---at ---- the ----MOMENT!" Unable to do much, and knowing that escape is likely futile, Vinas heals some of his wounds and tries to wrangle free. LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

    CMB: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 34/34 AC: 17 (f12/t15)
    Conditions = None
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Normal Bolts = 5/8
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 12/12
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +5, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +5 Damage: +0
    Grit = 3/4
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe levels his crossbow once more, again with the impressive bolts. The second shot wasn’t as good as the first, but it was a palpable hit, and a solid one. He tries for another.
    Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 3 = 20 (point blank, cover) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 (point blank)

    "Hang on Vinas!"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 4, Init 20

    Vanyan watches as Vinas is picked up and squeezed like a babe, except for the point of tendering before consuming. Which is not why you usually pick up a baby.

    He moves up with his longspear, trying to create an opening for Atium’s next swing.

    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 vs. DC 10 to aid.

    ATIUM: next attack +2 please. Also, don’t miss, thankyouverymuch.

    Vanstats:

    hp: 33/33
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F4/R5/F9

    Eyes: bugged
    Smite: unused
    Panache: not enough
    Broken Lightbox: 1/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used

    Dark Archive

    Aishe sticks another bolt into the beast's ribcage as it gasps.

    Tessenarin longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Tessenarin's arrow stabs into the pile of fur but doesn't seem to bother it. DR Vanyan helps create a small opening for Atium as Vinas struggles, not only for breathe but for his freedom as he kicks at the air unable to get free.

    Gripping his hammer in both hands Atium wrenches it back and tosses it right square into the yaoguai's head. The cranium splits open as it falls to the ground, bleeding out quickly.

    The half-orc struggles once more with the log. "Help get this off me. I can offer you shelter." He struggles with the weight of the log.

    Player Status:

    Tessenarin (33/33)
    Vanyan (33/33)
    Vinas (38/53)
    Atium (46/62; Raging 56/72)
    Aishe (34/34)


    Atium sends something to The Boneyard. Odd, in that everything else he smashed was already in or near The Boneyard.

    Atium moves over to the half orc who is pinned. He fully expects them to look at him to use his strength to move the log. But before he does, he looks down at the person.
    Breathing heavily. Recovering from the last combat.
    Who are you. But more importantly, you need to tell me why your blade is so crappy someone stupid put rivets to keep the blade in place.
    Stupid. Stupid weaponsmith.
    Who are you and why do you associate yourself with stupid weaponsmiths?

    smith skill: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 to judge blade and armor. Also have appraise +3.


    Male LG Human | HP 63/63| AC 23 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +9, CMD 18 | F: +12 R: +7, W: +12 | Init: +0 | Perc: +9, SM: +8
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 3/6 (2d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas stares at the half-orc, checking his aura for the jagged lines of evil.... Words are dependent on the result.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Aishe reloads his crossbow and covers the half orc without actually aiming the weapon directly at him... just close.

    He watches and waits to see what the others determine.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan moves over to help Atium, pausing then the bigger man pauses as well.

    ”Yeah, who are you and why did you run from us?” Vanyan asks, wanting to be helpful, but also wanting to be cautious. ”What happened here and how did that monster get in here, let alone trap you?”


    Atium looks sideways at Vanyan- He can ask dumb questions sometimes.

    Twink, we know why he ran from us?! I am terrifying. We are all terrifying.
    I can excuse him running. But your second question is better. We need three answers from this person before lifting the log.
    Who are you? Why do you have such a broken blade or why do you know stupid blacksmiths? And how did that monster trap you? Are YOU the Stupid Armorer?

    Dark Archive

    "I can....answer all your question.....when this.....log is off...of me. I .....I can't breath." The half-orc's eyes have a bit of panic in them.

    Vinas does not sense any evil auras coming from this half-orc.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 9/24 (2503) CLW 33/33 (2506)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+10,Nat+10,Pln+11,Rel+11,Perc+13,Spell+11(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan relents, trying to move the log off the half-orc. After all, it does appear that he is legitimately trapped by it.

    ”Alright, let’s get you out of there,” he says, not feeling like he’s going to get guff from the half-orc.

    He levers his longspear and tries to help free the man.

    1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 Strength to aid
    1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 Strength to aid
    1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4 Strength to aid

    He starts strong and quickly tires, but is trying.


    Twink gives the signal that we are to allow this - so Atium picks up the log. He doesn't trust this guy. The half-orc obviously has a bad choice of friends.
    Atium, isn't friends with any of these yahoo's he's with, so in his mind Atium is a good judge of character.

    strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Dark Archive

    Atium and Vanyan lift the log from the half-orc where he kneels, catching his breath.

    The half-orc brushes dirt from his armor and gingerly touches a massive bruise already beginning to form on his left cheek. “Close call, there. I’d be beast food if it weren’t for you. My name’s Jando Parr.” He extends his hand in greeting. “I’m starting to guess you aren’t with the Whispering Way; you aren’t raving fanatics or undead abominations. Right now, that’s good enough for me. Come along, I can show you a place that’s relatively safe.”

    Jando leads you to the north side of the clearing where several trees grow close together. Near the base of one tree, the branches have been partially cut away to make a series of subtle handholds. The half-orc begins climbing but pauses a few feet off the ground. “Sorry about that whole pit trap thing. The area has been a very dangerous place since the explosion and the... whatever that is... appeared around the town.” He gestures vaguely toward the dome of fog that is barely visible through the trees. “And then you lot show up out of nowhere. I couldn’t be sure whose side you were on.”

    he notices Atium motion to his broken blade once more. "'Fraid I don't know any Blacksmiths. Wish I did. I found this laying around, best I could do."

    Jando motions for you to accompany him up the tree. The half-orc has tied together several logs to form a makeshift platform about 30 feet from the ground. The natural canopy of the trees protects the blind from above and it is hidden from below with several camouflaging branches. The entire platform is 20 feet long by 15 feet wide. A well-used bedroll lies in one corner. "Make yourselves comfortable. You can rest here for as long as you want."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +9 R: +13, W: +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +8

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    Aishe lowers his crossbow and unloads his bolt. He seems innocent enough. he figures.

    He looks around his 'home', "Nice place. I'm Aishe. How long have you been here? We're not sure how long it's been since the fog or whatever happened. We've, ah, been off plane."


    There is stuff to find out and understand from this person, but he'd rather the others do that kind of talking and work.
    I feel okay, I don't need to sleep yet.
    Aishe- you need bolts for your crossbow, I will make them.

    looking at Jando like he won't take "No" for an answer.
    Jando- I will now call you G.E.F.G.W* for how you treated your sword.
    Hand me that "laying around sword" you have. I will fix it. It is silly what you did to it.
    You should have left it broken if that was the best you could do.

    Anyway, hand it to me. I'll go to the forge in town and fix.

    Atium doesn't look excited about any of this subject.
    I'll let others roleplay and ask questions, but when others are ready to be lookouts, Atium will get the forge up and running and properly repair the sword and make bolts. craft blacksmith: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11 crossbowbolts. Failing at the bolts on the first batch, he takes 10 on the second batch. craft: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21repaid Half orc Sword.
    I'll deduct from my charachter assuming I'm using 10 GP of raw material I found or multi-purposed.

    *- Good Enough for Government Work.

    1,851 to 1,900 of 2,553 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.