[PFS][RD] The Guantlet -- SCROLLS Table (Inactive)

Game Master Andrew Harasty

SCROLL Map


151 to 200 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Benevolence goes "That is a basilisk. Its gaze can petrify you

Dealing with Gaze Attacks:

Each opponent within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw each round at the beginning of her turn in the initiative order. Only looking directly at a creature with a gaze attack leaves an opponent vulnerable. Opponents can avoid the need to attempt the save by not looking at the creature, in one of two ways.

Averting Eyes: The opponent avoids looking at the creature’s face, instead looking at its body, watching its shadow, tracking it in a reflective surface, etc. Each round, the opponent has a 50% chance to avoid having to attempt a saving throw against the gaze attack. The creature with the gaze attack, however, gains concealment against that opponent.

Wearing a Blindfold: The foe cannot see the creature at all (also possible to achieve by turning one’s back on the creature or shutting one’s eyes). The creature with the gaze attack gains total concealment against the opponent.

Narayan starts to jump across but is buffeted back by the strong winds over the pit.

Relfex Sv: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Fortunately he lands on his feet and not thrown against the back wall.

Gilgrim tries to push over the pit, but finds that he is also pushed back.

Sleter's Acid arrow does make it though and hit the basilisk.

However, everyone realizes to late this round to take an precations from the gaze attack

Fort, Lissanya: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Fort, Narayan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 +2 vs. Poison; +2 vs. paralysis, sleep, (in combat) +2 vs. paralysis effects, and stunning effects) Immune to disease.
Fort, Selter: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Fort, Sarvin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Fort, Gilgrim: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 +2 vs. Poison, Spells, & Spell-like abilities; +4 for Endurance
Fort, Benevolence: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Gilgrim freezes in place and turns to stone.

Knowledge about Basilisk Gaze attacks:

A creature petrified in this matter that is then coated (not just splashed) with fresh basilisk blood (taken from a basilisk no more than 1 hour dead) is instantly restored to flesh. A single basilisk contains enough blood to coat 1d3 Medium creatures in this manner.

Benevolence pulls the creature over the pit and the wind throws it back over its own side
Reflex Basilisk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
It gets blown back and smashes in to the wall on the other side.
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

It stands back up and then focuses its gaze on Selter
Fort, Selter: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Fortunately he is not affected.

Starting this round choose how you are dealing with your vision, you can do your own miss and fort save or I will do them on its turn again.

Everyone is back up

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 5 -- Current Time (0:10)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)
Round 2

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - 17 dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ; Turn to Stone
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ; Water Elemental Form

Basilisk - 15 dmg; Acid Arrow (2 rounds left)

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Does Lissanya get any actions from spotting the creature or does she take her first turn with the rest of the party? Given the creature is on the other side of the barrier, Lissanya would cast obscuring mist to shield everyone from its attacks and exit through the door on this side.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

So using my shield to block line-of-sight doesn't count at least as Averting Eyes? <sadface>

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Yes you can have had obscuring mist casted. It would be only on your side since it would not pass the wind wall like effect. So giving a miss chance for Gilgrim's gaze attack

Obscuring mist (Averted eyes) >50% good for players: 1d100 ⇒ 80

The mists obscure the gaze attacks and Gilgrim is not turned to stone.

The mists are one your side, but will grant everyone the effect of "averted eyes"

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"If we can get out of here, we should. That thing is harmless for the moment." Lissanya suggests, moving to open the near door.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

All praise the GM! :)

Gilgrim helps to usher everyone to the door as soon as its open, opting to avoid the hazardous lizard.

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Sithiss and Ssself will wait and watch while the ressst sssee to and passs through the door. If basssilisk appearsss, Ssself ssshall attempt to deal with it.

If the winds seam to be disbursing the Obscuring Mist, I will Ice Storm the chasm and far side. If it tries to cross on the walls or ceiling I will change into something to knock it back or have Sithiss do so.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence closes his eyes and comments
"I've also got hold of it for close to a minute here as well, I'm going to close my eyes and keep dragging it into the it to get slammed against the far wall."

Dragvs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

"we should still check out that other door in case this doesn't work," Benevolence adds, while listening for basilisk sounds.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Benvolence drags the Basilisk across the pit again.
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

The winds seem to leave the mist alone on your side. It does not cross the divide. And will not be dispersed. If you stay along the back wall, you can all safely avoid the gaze of the Basilisk. So you will have a few minutes of safety.

Selter can roll his acid arrow damage as well

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

To clarify, 1 minute of safely due to Lissanya only having 1 level of Spiritualist.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

"Then we musst procceed quickly."

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

round 2 acid damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
round 3 acid damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Drag vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Drag vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Drag vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Drag vs CMD: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

that leaves me 2 more rounds of telekinesis and plenty of time to escape with the fog if needed.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Since you can do thing from realtive safety a few rounds of pulling the creature off and having it smash back, as well as the remainder of the acid arrow, you eventually dispatch the basilisk.

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 6 -- Current Time (0:11)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00)

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

Room 6

This rectangular chamber is divided up into three smaller cells. The cell containing the entrance and the far cell both hold a short wall of steel bars in the center on the outside. The walls dividing the cells are solid at the center, but are also made of similar steel bars close to the outer walls. An electrical buzzing can be heard coming from the far cell.

In the center of the room you see two walls on pivots Orange Segments. In each of the alcoves Lettered is a lever. A quick assessment shows that pulling the levers will do something with the rotating walls. In the far corner you can make out some dancing motes of electricity blue circle in the far corner.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

is the lizard in the pit?

if I can shoot it? Do I need to avert my eyes?

attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lizard's dead. Now we have to solve the rotating wall puzzle.

Lissanya takes a knee in the doorway, studying the room. "Sounds like a lightning trap of some kind. I have some resistance to it, if you want me to try the levers."

Coming in from the top of the map?

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim looks around this new room, scratching the top of his head with his hammer. "This room doesn't seem to have another way out. What in Torag's name is the point?" Despite his complaints, he slips the warhammer back into the loop on his belt (hangs onto his shield, though) and helps out however he is able. He starts by examining the stonework in the room, to see if he can notice any additional details.

Perception w/Stonecunning: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"Maybe a secret door. Or a magic portal."

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Welcome to the "Obligatory puzzle room in order to proceed further"

With Gilgrim's stonecunning and engineering he is able to deduce that the lever in alcove F would rotate the walls "vertical." Lever C would rotate them back to where they are now, but would not change their current position.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

If no one objects, Lissanya will pull lever F and move into the next room to see what can be moved next.

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Sorry, can't see the map until after work. I can cast Communal Protection from Electricity. I probably can change to a form that can fit between the bars if necessary. GM, How closely spaced are the bars? Do we hear any creatures moving or breathing? How sturdy do the bars seem, could I just cut a path with my adamantine scimitar?

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Pulling the lever, the walls in the center quickly shift. The motes of electricity disappear then reappear in C. However a soft nimbus of light is left in A

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

Lissanya moves carefully down the new hallway to the furthest room. "It looks like we're all going to be needed to get this to work."

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

I will let people place themselves. Then who ever says "I pull the lever" I will then update with what happens

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Is it bad that I forgot that I had knowledge (engineering)? :D

Gilgrim stays in the main room (F) and tells Lissanya "I can hit this switch again. See if things go back to normal or not."

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence looks on from outside the room.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"I'll wait in the middle then. I'm not sure what that light is, but I don't want it landing on me suddenly."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim nods to Lissanya, then pulls the lever in Room F to see if everything will revert back.

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Buffs in effect
Darkvision
Mage Armor
Long Strider
Barkskin
Shield Companion
Resist Energy, Acid (20)
Communal Resist Energy, Electricity (20)

Selter calls out Keling Elektr Juda Ko'p Zarar Gilmaydi! and a nimbus of insulation covers everyone. Everyone has resist electricity 20 for a bit over 10 minutes.
Try what you want, we ssshould not be harmed by thessse puny sssparksss.

Selter will move into the room and follow directions, but I personally am poor at figuring out these kinds of puzzles.

GM; having seen, used, and been hit by numerous electricity attacks - can I get some idea of how deadly this appears to be? Most especially is it likely to greatly overwhelm the resistance?

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Pulling the lever in F again does not do anything. A investigation shows the each lever will move the central walls one direction. So F will only set the walls to "vertical" E would move them back to "horizontal"

Seleter looks at the field and notes that it is fairly strong. Could possibly even overcome the resistance you provided.

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

"Which one next?"

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"I'll try this one." Lissanya pulls her lever to see if she can move to the other side.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Pulling E

The walls shift back. The motes vanish from C, leaving another nimbus of soft light, and appears in F with Gilgrim.

Gilgrim refles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

He takes the full brunt of damage: Electrical: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 1, 2, 4, 4, 6, 4, 1) = 35 and is teleported back to the previous room with the pit.

And now for Gilrims consolation prize : Pull the Lever!

Since B is the only other lever accessible by Lissanya, she can determine that it would then make the walls go vertical.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

I'm assuming I only take 15, what with the Electricity Resistance supplied by Selter.

Gilgrim blinks a few times, smoke rising from parts of his beard, as he looks around at the pit room. "Nice ta be back in familiar territory, I suppose," he mumbles as he shakes his head in disbelief. He then makes his way back to the door way and yells inside, "Lass! Ya owe me an ale fer that one! And none o' that pansy elvish stuff, either!"

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"I know a guy." Lissanya calls back, adding after a pause. "He's half-elven, but worships Cayden."

Somewhere, Agraic sneezes.

"Stay out there! I'm trying the next lever." With that warning, Lissanya tries lever B.

Liberty's Edge

Aasimar Wizard 1/Cleric of Abadar 2/Theurge 6 | HP 94/88 | AC 16* T 12 FF 14* CMD 14 | F +10 R +5 W +14 | Init +3 Perc +5 | Darkvision

Benevolence provides light curing of wounds to Gilgrim until he seems fine again.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

can use my own wand, or yours if you have one.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

@Gilbrim yes

Pulling B

Walls: Vertical
Motes to: E
Nimbus in : A, C, F

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"This has no rhyme or reason that I can see. Here goes nothing." Lissanya steps into the nimbus of the far room, eyes open for anything hidden.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

The soft light does not affect you. The alcove is just glowing softly.

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"The light is fine! For now. Pulling the next one!" Lissanya calls back.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Seeing nothing else in the room, Lissanya pulls the lever.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Pulling A

Walls : Horizontal
Motes : B
Nimbus: A, C, E, F

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

"I think something happens if we light up every room. Good or bad, I don't know." Lissanya ponders the movements for a moment, before moving across the gap. "Pull the first lever again, then get out. I need to get to the other side."

Planned sequence is to pull E, then B, and lastly C to move it down to D. Bad things might happen when it moves to an already lit room, but I don't see any other option without getting hit by it.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Proceeding with the list of next levers. Nothing bad happens when it goes to an already lit room. On flipping B those in the previous room notice the wind wall has dissipated. You can not jump/fly/walk across.

Scrolls Status Card wrote:

Room 6 -- Current Time (0:15)

Group Conditions: Delay Poision (1:00); Resist Electricity 20 (0:25)

Benevolence - dmg; Magic Circle v/Evil (1:20); Daylight (1:20); Longstrider (8:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Highten Aware (0:10); Deathwatch (1:20)
Narayan - dmg; Con Drain 1; Antitoxin (1:00) ; Darkvision (9:00)
Sarvin - dmg; Darkvions (9:00)
Sithiss - dmg; Darkvision (9:00); Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion ; Magic Fang, greater
Gilgrim - dmg; Air Walk (1:20); Countless eyes (9:00) ;
Lissanya - dmg;
Selter - dmg; Darkvison (9:00) ; Mage Armor (1:00); Longstider; Barkskin; Shield Companion; Resist Acid 20 (1:25) ;

Grand Lodge

Female Sylph Rng8\Spr1 HP 70/70 AC:24/TC:14/FF:20 Perc +13 F +11 R +12 W +10 CMD 23 Spd 30ft/Fly 30ft Init +4 Buffs: Delay Poison, Barkskin

I assume that was 'You can now'. :)

Lissanya floats across the chasm to the next door. "Ready?"

Dark Archive

Male Swash 8/Gun S 1 HP 68 | AC 29; Touch 21; FF 21 | F +5; R +14; W +2 | CMB+11; CMD 32 | Speed 30 ft | Init +8 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Swashbuckler 8/Gun Slinger 1

"I'm ready"

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Room 7

Entering from the purple oval

The center of this large chamber contains a large pit that drops down into darkness. Around the outside, the walkway is concave and curved, almost like a giant track. Two huge stone spheres are set into this track, in opposite corners of the room. The giant stone spheres are 10 feet in diameter and they block the way, making it very difficult to get around them.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer) 7 / Stalwart Defender 1 | HP 77/77 | AC 27 T 14 FF 24 | CMB +13 (+20 BR, +15 OR, +15 sun., +15 trip), CMD 28 (34 vs. BR, 32 vs. trip) | F: +9, R: +6, W: +5(+2 v. fear); +2 v. poison & magic | Init: +3 | Perc: +8, SM: +1; Darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 20ft | Defensive Stance: 5/5 rds | Active conditions: None.

Gilgrim examines the room, glad to be on solid ground, even after the short trip over the pit. "Could be another puzzle," he muses, still smarting from the last one. "Or it could just be a death trap. Either way, it's in our way."

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 (Trying to figure out how this room works/what it's purpose is)

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Scaled Fist 11 | HP 83/83 | AC 23(27)(31)(35), T 22 (30), FF 20(24)(28)(32) | F +12, R +13, W +13 Init +3/7 | Perc +2/4 | Stunning Fist Uses 12/12 | Ki Pool 11/12 |

Narayan waits to see if a trapwise friend notices any triggers for the boulders, but if no one bears any warnings for him, he will walk into the room to take a closer look.

The Exchange

Nagaji, Naga Aspirant 8, HP 67, AC:22, FF:21, Th:11, F+12/R+7/W+12(+2mind-affecting&poison), Perc +15, Init +1

Good job on the puzzle Lissanya. I have a hard time wrapping my head around puzzles just for the sake of puzzles. I always get stuck on "Why?!?"

Selter looks around from the door (not going in yet). That it is a boulder crush trap seems obvious. But what set's it off? How will it behave?
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

GM. Is the floor stone? Is the track rails or just a groove in the floor? Are the tracks sloped to cause motion in only one direction? Can I see what the walls of the pit look like?

I'm thinking an Air Elemental could fly over to the pit then use my adamantine scimitar to cut a notch in the floor so the stones roll into the pit.

Scarab Sages

Maplinks: PFS2: 1-03 - Escaping the Grave *-* SFS 1-23: Return To Sender *-*

Gilgrim steps in cautiously to examine the track. The stones would roll as suspected, but from near the entrance you do not see any mechanism or trigger to start them rolling.

As you enter the room, a deep, growling voice of indeterminate gender cries out, “Halt! You trespass upon the domain…” and a second voice, slightly higher, continues, “of the Ruby Sphinxes. There is a price for passage.” A few seconds later, the two brass colored winged lion like creatures fly up from the bottom of the pit and perch atop the stone spheres.

The first one speaks “Only a tribute of…” then the other continues, “..of valuable magic is needed…, and then the first one completes, “...to pass

151 to 200 of 478 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS][RD] The Guantles - Scrolls Table All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.